[Resolved]  India Today Book Club — www.bookstoday.in/promos..htm does not exist

I had placed an order for 12CDS of Encyclopedia Britannica & Discover, which promised Free Reebok Tracksuit & and a holiday voucher/coupon for 3days/2nights stay with veg meals for a couple for Rs.2499/- (incl. Rs.500/-) handling charges on Jan., 17th 2009. I have received the 12CDS and Reebok Tracksuit but not the holiday voucher as mentioned. Instead the Invoice mentions that to claim the free holiday voucher gift we have to log on to www.bookstoday.in/promos.htm within 60days of the invoice date but to my surprise the said site does not exist. When the remittance was already credited to India Today Book Club, why the Holiday Voucher was not send alongwith the CD & Tracksuit. In this scenario, if you are not able to log on to the site, one is sure to loose the holiday voucher. This simply seems to be an eyewash. There are already 637 complaints against this company. Has the company ever thought how this in turn going to affect the reputation of the company? It's one kind of cheating.

You are requested to look into the matter on priority basis, otherwise the matter will be put forward to Consumer Forum, media coverage and definately it's going to affect the reputation.

Comments

ITBC (INDIA TODAY BOOK CLUB) — Pathetic Service | Double Payment asked for a single order | No receipt of order even after 6 months of booking

I had booked an order from this company ITBC (I really don’t know whether his India Today is the same prestigious magazine which even politicians wish to endorse) under the order no M-COMMERCE/0GA[protected] on 25th Jan 2009 for a Black Chrono Swatch Watch for Rs 3199/- The transaction no is [protected]. I waited for the order till around 25th Feb. I received neither the order nor any tracking form the company. So I decided to enquire about the order The have a toll free no [protected], which never works probably works only on the website for mentioning. I called them on[protected]. After about 15 mins of wait I was being assisted by a CCE (Customer Care Executive). I gave him the booking details and he gave me some nonsensical excuses for the delay. He again initiated the process of sending the order, thus bringing me back to square 1. This time when the parcel arrived they asked me to do the payment on receipt. Now this was a shock to me, that I have to pay twice for the same order, so I rejected the parcel and I informed this incident to the company. I was fed up with the kind of service they provided and now I wanted cash back. The CCE confirmed that I would be granted cash back once I provide them my credit card statement which shows them the transaction. Now why the hell they need that if they have received the amount from the payment gateway. Even then I provided them with the snapshot of my credit card statement. After that there was no response. I tried a lot many more time to ask the status of the complaint no 28226. I left the hope of having my cash from these very high profile cheats.

But suddenly on 20th May I received a call from them that they want to confirm the address to send the order. I stressed on the fact that I have already paid for the order and even the CCE agreed after checking the records and confirmed that you don’t have to pay on delivery, but again the same story. The courier company asks for the payment on receipt of the parcel.

I have tried a lot of times to communicate this inconvenience to their call centre. But, their CSE are very smart, they have ready made statements for all your queries “Sir, Your request has been forwarded to the concerned department and you would be receiving a mail in 15 days”. Even when I called them in March, April, May, their reply never changed. I really don’t know whether such a department really exists.

Even today I have received a SMS from ITBC stating that the order no 0GA[protected] is sent through Blue Dart 0RA[protected]MC (probably docket no.) and again they have asked for cash on delivery.

I really need some assistance to get my money back from these cheats.

Adarsh Thakur
Mob : [protected]

India Today Book Club — Non receipt of of 16 CD Sur Saaz aur Taal series pack

I, N.R.Chauhan
Ref. No:PT[protected]/112406/12-L02-65614
Membership number- ITBC08532797,
subscribed for 16 CD Sur Saaz aur Taal series pack.I payed Rs 2000/-through my credit card.It has been cleared on[protected] to account of INDIA TODAY BOOK CLUB DELHI.The proof for which is in attachment, sent along with this
E-mail.Till to date i haven't received the 16 CD Sur Saaz aur Taal series pack along with free Gifts.I complained the same to the customer-care on Tel.Phone No.[protected] to Kapil.He couldn't trace the payment clearance and advised me to send the proof.So i have attached the photocopy of it. i have send my complaint for numerous time through e- mail, also through phone call (customer car) and letter, still there is no response to my complaint.

India Today Book Club/Black Swatch Chrono Watch — Swatch not received since April, 2009

I ordered a Swatch online from the India Today Book Club in April against CC payment for approx INR 3, 000/- and was advised by email that the same has been dispatched on 27-APR-2009 through SPEEDPOST under the consignment no ED[protected]IN. I have not received this watch yet. I have called the Club many times, I have written to them many times (all details available with me). Even today I have a mail from the Club stating that 'due to some technical problem your request was not processed so we have again forwarded your mail to our concern department with required all details.'

When I call, I am advised that this was delivered to my office address on 2May, 2009, however, they have not been able to provide me with any proof.

I would like to cancel this order and some compensation for the time wasted in calling, being kept on- hold, exchanging emails. The purpose of this gift is also lost.
Thank you for your assistance.

India Today Book Club — did not get the product and even my money

hi,

i ordered for a Benetton watch for Rs 499 on 24th april(order no [protected]) but i did not receive ny product till 30th june.
so i decided to cancel my order and did the same on 1st july(reference no 144301). at that time i was given one cancellation reference number and was told that my money would be in my account in 15 working days. i called on 15th july just to know the status of the number but i was taken aback when the executive told me that they will give me my money back only when they will get the product back and they have not received that till now.

I was totally shocked with this information.now, when i called them today again, i am being provided with the new cancellation req number (157185)and told that the money will be credited in 20 working days.

I am totally fed up calling them again and again with my personal mobile since their toll free number is not working.

Please help me in this regard.

Barkha Goel
today I got best seller pack but without REEBOCK watch which was promised free of cost with this pack.

invoice no. ora[protected] & order no. OGA[protected]
I regret to inform you that I couldn't able to open the Website www.bookstoday.in/promos.htm as mentioned in the above invoice, for claiming free gifts against the purchase. When I called your office on 23 Feb.09,[protected], your rep. has told that the website is available. But, the same is unavailable.
I would therefore request you to send me the free gifts against purchase of above books. My invoice no-ORA[protected] DATED 11 JULY 2009.However the promised gift is not found attached.
See i have booked 2 thainks one is rbk sun glass one more is rbk rest watch i have got sun glass but for rest watch i got some nonsance book that is sample u people are cheating me i dont want any books take it back and also u tele caller will tell gift vocher but in one bill it meatationed that call to one[protected] that line no bady take the call that way i am writing a letter by mail i[censored] not send what your tele caller has promised than i will go to cosumar court thak and reply me on [protected]@rediffmail.com

pls. reply me asap.

Venkatesh M
NOTE: I GOT 4(four) BOOKS BUT FOR FREE GIFT CLAIM IT WAS INSTRUCTED FOR CLAIMING TO LOG ON WEBSITE www. bookstoday.in BUT WHEN I LOGED ON THE GIVEN WEB ADDRESS IT IS NOT WORKING ( MEANS NOT OPENING). THERE IS A MESSAGE DISPLAYING -- SORRY THIS OFFER IS CLOSED--
THIS AMOUNTS TO CHEATING AND FALSIFYING DELIBERATELY.
PLEASE RESOLVE THE ISSUE.
CONTACT NO:
SANJAY TRIPATHI (Mobile No- [protected])
I BOOKED 4 BOOKS COLLECTION ON 25th July '09 AND I RECEIVED MY PACK ON 31st July '09 UNDER INVOICE NO. ORAO90000876 DT. 25.7.2009. I HAVE STILL NOT RECEIVED MY FREE GIFT - FREE BENETTON WRIST WATCH (MRP Rs. 2600.00)
MY ORDER NO. IS OGA[protected] WITH TOTAL ORDER VALUE OF Rs. 499.00 INCLUDING AFORESAID GIFT WHICH I HAVE ALREADY PAID ON RECEIPT OF 4 BOOKS SET ON 31ST JULY '09. MY MEMBERSHIP NO. IS ITBC0974444.
PLEASE ADVISE BY WHEN I WILL GET MY FREE GIFT. MY CONTACT NO. IS [protected].
this is regarding the Reebok watch offer. when wiil i receive my watch.
My invoice No. is ORA[protected] dated 24th July 2009 Order No. OGA[protected] dated 23 July 2009.

My login Web ID is 1874221. I have not received my free gift Reebok classic Watch.
I purchased AGATHA CHRISTIE set of 7 DVDs. Details are:- Invoice No: ORA[protected] dated 25 Jul 2009. Order No: OGA[protected] dated 31 jul 2009. My free gift of Reebok sunglasses worth Rs 3999 have not been found enclosed with the DVDs received by me. Please despach the same immdiately. Jai
i was promised holiday package for 2nights/3 days to any destination in India with free too and fro air fare
I only got some books but did not get holiday package. Is it not cheating ? I had given money through
credit card on 31st august . Pl. send me my holiday package at earliest or return my money back through cheque or dd to the address by which u have sent books . INVOICE NO IS ORAO9OO61860
MEMBERSHIP NO IS ITBCO983492
why should we order when we dont receive our free gifts can we take the company to consumer forum
dr s. m. lawande
goa
I have recieved four books Blink/the naked face/namesake andthe seven spirtiual laws of succes wide your invoice no, orag90011130 dated 10/08/2009 through Bluedart and I paid Rs.499.00 but on opening the packet I did not find the Reebok Watch worth Rs2699.00 as free gift as was offered by you for this order.My membership no. is itbc0986236 and my login id is189296. So please look into the matter and despatch Reebok watch as was offered at the earliest.
I paid Rs 499.00 to M/S Blur dart courier against order nos.oga[protected] for four number books .But I didnot recevied Reebok Watch worth Rs.2699 as promised.Invoice no.isora[protected] dated 10/08/2009. My membership no.is itbc0996236and login id is 189296.Please look into the matter and despatch my free gift of Reebok watch at the earliest.
Krishan Kumar Sharma
238 Golden Avenue Phase-2
Garha Road
Jalandhar-Punjab

India Today Book Club — Free air tkt and hotel stay is not received

I have told by your Mr.Naveeth (Phone:[protected] now the no is not correct) that I can avail the free flight tkt and 2nights 3days stay at any of the hotels and urged me to avail the facilty as it is special offer given to the members But to my surprise I have received only the books worth Rs.2598/- from India Today but no specific offer as discussed by him is vailable along the books receive on 17.08.09 vide Invoice No:ORA[protected] and mentioned, my membership no:as ITBC0980491.
Earlier I purchased watch and based on the confidence on India Today I accepted this offer not the books.But i dont under stand why this mishap is happening.
We all had good opinion on India today. This should not be spoiled
I have not received the air tkt details and the offer details which the person talked to me over phone

Please reply

K.Chandran
Sr.Deputy General manger
Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd Trichy 620014
Cell No [protected]
my free gift is not meet me plz send

India Today Book Club ITBC — hotel stay

I had purchased a few books from ITBC and they sent me forms offering a free stay in one of the listed hotels for two nights on advance payment of Rs 800/- as service charges to indiahotelreview.com.I sent DD no. 730053 drawn on Indian Bank as directed. The listed hotels were Leela Regency In Simla, Hemkunt Resorts in Kasuali and Emerald Heights in Mussoorie. However to my shock and surprise they offered me an unrated hotel by the name of Chaman palace with no parking facilities in shimla which had a tarriff starting at Rs 650/- a day, whereas they had lready charged me Rs 800/-When I requested for a change to a better hotel it was simply refused. I asked them to keep the money as donation if they are so poor.

I have all the relevant documents and email copies to be produced in case required.

My only request is is that such a reputed co. should not be allowed to make a fool of general public.

Wg Cdr SS dhillon (Retd), Vir Chakra.

India Today Book Club — Non receipt of 2 Nos. rechargeable Battery

My Membership number ITBC0951524
I have purchased one Kodak Digital Camera from India To day Book Club against Booking Id : [protected] and after obtaining the product I have found, as per their commitment, there is not any rechargeable battery and there was 2 plain battery and accordingly I have lodged a complain to them, (complain no.157764 dtd.06.08.2009) and they assured to deliver the rechargeable battery but quite a cosniderable time has already passed away I have yet to received the rechargeable battery from them. Now they have send the following mail:

Dear Member,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.
With reference to your mail we request you that we are not providing the said item with this offer.

Please note your Membership number ITBC0951524 for your future references.

We value our customer and trust that you enjoy our products.

Your valuable association with the India Today Book Club means a lot to us.

Assure you of our best possible services always.

For further queries, please feel free to get back to us or Call us on our Helpline Number[protected], 9:30 AM TO 6:30 PM, and all 7 days)

Warm Regards,