Fiat India Complaints & Reviews

2.8
Last updated May 12, 2022
Profile

File a complaint to Fiat India

Having problems with Fiat India?

File a complaint and get it resolved by Fiat India customer care. It’s quick effective and absolutely free!

Fiat India Website

Fiat India Head Office Address

FCA India Automobiles Private Limited, Benefice, 2rd Floor, Mathuradas Mill Compound, Lower Parel (W)
Mumbai City District

Fiat India Phone Numbers

Toll free
1 800 209 5556

View more phone numbers

Fax

Fiat India reviews & complaints page 5

I had a Problem with my Punto Emotion which I had bought on[protected] having registration no. DL5CE-3848 Bought from Raghuvanshi Motors Dilshad Garden New Delhi. After getting three service on time, the service station had been shifted to Oberoi Motors SEC. 63 Noida due to de-collaboration between TATA and Fiat. Inspite of all timely Services the Car engine Broke Down on Just 52000 Kms. Also we are having Extended Warranty but the service...

Hello, I am writing this mail to highlight the problem I have faced as a defective Fiat Linea Multijet emotion, from Pandit Auto, S B Road Pune was sold to me. The car Chassis no is MCA110CCB09037346JJZ, sunbeam gold. The car got registered on 29th Dec with no MH12LP 1207. I got the delivery of the car on 29th Dec-14 at 7pm from Pandit Auto. At the time of the delivery, I noticed a rumbling, hissing voice once the engine starts. All the Pandit Auto guys heard the same and still they asked me to take delivery and said that it is nothing to worry. Mr Zameer Khan, Fiat India was present at the showroom that moment. Today morning I went to Pandit Fiat workshop at Bavdhan, Pune and got to know that the car has a major defect. Ball bearings have to be changed in the clutch system assembly, steering is tight. The car is a defective piece and I was sold a defective piece. I am writing this mail to Fiat, to highlight the issue, I am being cheated as a customer. Is FIAT in India just to cheat the customer?? I am going to highlight this issue on all the social media and also on news channel. Please help me get a replacement new car or full refund. I want legal options as the last alternative. Thanks, Sushil Kumar 91-[protected]

Fiat India — Fraud/cheating by Vecto Motors (Fiat India Dealer), Bangalore

I'd left my Fiat Punto for general service on 05 Nov 2014 & took delivery on 06 Nov 2014. While taking the delivery, I've noticed that one of the headlights is completely scratched, foggy & the clamp is broken. Careful examination revealed that the headlight was swapped with a broken one. In fact the other headlight is clean & clear. I've immediately informed the service adviser Shiva Kumar, but he acted ignorant & tried...

I have purchased a punto from fiat jammu. The dealer made overpricing in Invoice. After complaing I got the refund which proves the fraud made by the dealer. The company has promsed me reverse parking sensor which the company did not deliver

Fiat India — Car purchased from metro motors karnal

Sir
      Sir I have been given nightmares after I purchased Fiat linea on MAY 2 2014 from metro motors Panipat 1- The day I bought the car ie 2 may 14, my car got broke down and I have to call the road assistance, it was 8.00 pm sharp and I was stranded in the middle of the road with my wife and two small kids. I was provided assistance after 3 hours and the mechanic attending the car informed me that I have been fooled by the fiat co...

hi, iwould like to know the meaning of the road assistance, and exactly wat u people doing road assistance, since yesterday 26 th of july i called to road assistance, iam in remote area with my family since now i didnt get a road assistance, and then now with my own risk i towed the vehicle to the nearest town wer i found a mechanic, he is telling that there is a major problem in my engine regarding timing chain, as every time i do service at ur authorised service stations at chennai and bangalore no body suggested me to change timing belt, but yesterday i got a prob, wen i was going with my family for a very important work, i got problem i called ur road assistance they connected to a perso to hyderabad but he didnt help me, and road assistance people told me that we will call back but since yesterday i didnt get the call, me and my family stayed over night in that remote which is not safe, and anothar thing is my crank shaft, followers, timing belt has been damaged..by all these reasons iam going to consumer forum sir, vehicle num:ap03aw7389

When I bought this car from Wasan tata in Mumbai, I thought that I am buying a top end Sedan which is the best in class. I wait for 2 months and get to know the issues with the vehicle. The vehicle has been taken to the service centre about 30 times for small repairs and major work as well. Of course there were two accident cases with my car as well but excluding that as well the Car has gone for 30 logged service issues. These have happened over the last 2 years and 8 months of the cars use. Every time there is some new issue or the other. I have owned other cars before but this was the first car where I have seen AC vents breaking. The quality of plastic used is really pathetic. Even my Maruti 800 AC vents have never broken. The car has had AC coil issues, Fuel pump issues (its still an issue as I write this review), cabin noise issue, lower arm and many more such cases. I just feel that the 9-10L that one pays for this Car is a waste as the cheaper cars I have owned have given me better service and durability. I wish to take this up with the consumer forum and ask Fiat to some clear actions to solve my issue. For all the time I have wasted taking the car to service centers some 40 times (30 times on schedule & 10 times not on paper) need answers Sidd

I had bought a Fiat Punto in Nov 12, and had got my 2nd car servicing done on schedule on Nov 13. I have had two issues with Fiat Service: No Communication with Customers: I had purchased my car from Fortune Cars, Wagle Estate Thane and had got the 1st Servicing done from them. Post which their alliance with Fiat ended, which I came to know only when I took my car to Fortune for 2nd servicing. As a customer a basic communication is bare minimum expected. During my 2nd servicing at Balaji Auto, GB Road I had mentioned to the CRM Manager that I don’t receive any communications from Fiat and would like to have information about car care camps so that I can get preventive check up done. I am yet to receive any from either of the parties. When I walk in to the service center on 30th April 2014 as I had few issues with my car, I was told that I had to pay Rs. 600 for the check up as the summer maintenance check up was already completed. (Please note again NO COMMUNICATION!) My second Issue with about spares being available at service center. While getting the check done on 30th April 2014, it was observed that the coolant pipe were broken and coolant was leaking and the rear wheel bearing was damaged. Both needed replacement but were not available in store, I requested get them arranged from some other place but they refused. Since then I have been following up with Mr. Sameer Pathan and Mr. Sandeep Singh(CRM Manager) for a resolution only thing that they commit to me is next date on which I can call and check if part is available which isn’t resolution to service request that I have raised. This unavailable of spares issues, is tossed between departments (Store manager, Service engineer, CRM manager) and the customer is being put to suffering. After being fed up with the customer service at the dealership I called up [protected] on 10th May 2014 to register a complaint on the above mentioned issues. Firstly they refused to take down my complaint on “No Communications from the Company”. If you have a consumer grievance number in place who can an organization like Fiat, who’s so high on quality not take down a complaint about a customer Issues? In the same call I complained about the spares issues and a ticket was raised for the same (CR No:[protected], received a confirmation email at 12:43 PM. Customer Service rep committed that I will receive a call from the consumer grievance cell within 24 Hours, which I am yet to receive and I get a closure email at May 10, 2014 at 3:00 PM. Closure comment mentioning that Call Dropper! Unexplained yet!! I am sorry to say but such negligence on handling a customer service grievance is highly unacceptable from a Brand like Fiat, who claims to be very high on quality & customer centricity. I have been a Fiat car user even before I bought this Punto and hold very high respect for the cars they may but I am not sure if sloppy customer service is acceptable! My bare minimum expectation is that my car is repaired with immediate effect with Fiat genuine parts. Could have got it done easily from any mechanic, only reason I am wasting time & energy getting it done from the service center as I still very strongly believe in the quality of car making that Fiat puts-in. However, such customer service grievance is highly unacceptable from a Brand like Fiat, who claims to be very high on quality & customer centricity. I have been a Fiat car user even before I bought this Punto and hold very high respect for the cars they may but I am not sure if sloppy customer service is acceptable!
          Dear Swapnil Pai,

Our CRM & Dealer team has contacted you and necessary assistance in rendered.

Fiat India

I own a fiat Linea car Reg no.MH 42 H 7886. I had changed the suspension of my car at 30000 kms because of low ground clearance.The suspension which I have changed was introduced by fiat group for height extension of car but the suspension deteriorated at 42000 kms and it had not provided the value for money.The expenses which I had made for the height extension were 16000 rupees and the part is not working in good condition now. This is totally due to manufacturing fault and this is happening from first when i had changed the part and after complaining to service station they said that it was due to new one and it will take time to set and due to which this day has came due to fault of fiat group of manufacturing department.This has happened several times with me when I changed the right side tail lamp and the tail lamp was also defected one after repeated calls to customer care and service station no action was taken by any of the party.

Requesting to share contact details & servicing dealer, team will assist at the earliest.

Fiat India Team

I've bought a FIAT Punto Dynamic (MCA11845E07046528CKZ) & having reg no. KL 07 BY 1072 on 17/8/2013 FROM HYSON AUTO SALES, Palarivattom, Cochin, After buying the car, I have noticed the following problems. 1.Driver side door not closing fully and there is a gap on top 2.Driver side power window stuck up 3. A scratch in the driver side door (In order to hide the scratch the dealer has purposefully covered it with a inaugural ribbon) 4. Right back & rear glasses are of 2012 make where as all others are of 2013 make (This can diminish the resale value of the vehicle) 5. The front doors are not closing fully & there is a tightness while closing the doors (i went to the service center 4 times, still they cannot rectify the problem) 6.There is a sound when water pouring in dicky glass (glass seating was not proper) 7.Front glass right side wiper beading was not seating fully All these things show that they sold me a defective vehicle .when i contacted the fiat service people, they could not rectify the problem .so kindly take my complaint as serious one.please take necessary action to replace my car or at least compensated suitably for the mental harassment i am facing after buying a brand new car from FIAT.
              Oct 25, 2013
              Updated by albinpolackal
              My name is albin thomas & i am working as manager in apollotyres ltd, kalamassery, kerala
              My address is

ALBIN THOMAS
              POLACKAL, X/707, D-15,
              APPLE TOWN VILLAS,
              KAKKANAD,
              ERNAKULAM-682030

MY MOBILE NO: IS [protected]
              Please share details at service.[protected]@fiat.com

Fiat India
              I don't think Fiat will produce a defective car in the world market. As Fiat is the only car company to have over 25 check points before it is rolled out of the factory. Even though Fiat Group is one among the top ten car companies in the world, the cars call back due to manufacturing complaints are the least with this Europian giant. As many of my friends who has taken lot of Puntos and Lineas from Hyson Fiat are having very good opinion about Hyson Fiat.

I brought fiat punto this year Jan and from the day 1 there is a noise coming from the co-driver seat. my car has visied the show room not less than 4 times for the same issue but the advisor had failed to fix this issue. co-driver seat has completely spoiled its charm due to no proper care take while working and there are few damages as well. Its just 5 months old car and have no idea if i visit them again what it would be upto. This is my 1st car, But not 1st to my family. we never had such issue to our maruti o Hyundai. The noise is still alive in the co-driver seat.

I have earlier registered a complaint for non-service of my vehicle WB 06E 1282 for more than 2 months. There is no service support in Kolkata for more than 6 months. I registered a complaint on your website, but the same only generate 2 calls from you, each one asking for my vehicle number again and again. No resolution, no action, just phone calls asking for my vehicle number which I had given in my original complaint.

The new dealer for service, Garodia FIAT is refusing to honour service bookings causing immense trouble, harassment and anxiety.

The FIAT Service Promise mentioned in your website is “Hollow” and no one really believes it. However, it is difficult to understand how for the last ten years in India your company has been short changing customer trust in FIAT Cars. I want to put the following on record here:

1) I will never buy another FIAT car in my life. I will advise anyone who I care for or even if I do not care for, to ever buy a FIAT Car.
                  2) I will try to sell of the Fiat Punto car in the next 6 months .. hopefully, the nearly brand new car will fetch more than “Scrap” value.
                  3) You have not only damaged the Vehicle by not living upto your service promise, but also devalued the car. I cannot get a good price for resale due to negligence on your part.
                  4) I will file a consumer complaint in the Court soon. This email will be the basis for the case. The following are my claims:
                  a. Pay for damages to the Car for non-service
                  b. Pay for mental harassment and damage to my trust on a reputed brand as “FIAT” for which I bought this car.
                  c. Pay for the devaluation of the car in the “Resale” market beyond normal depreciation. If I want to sell the car today, it will fetch less than 50% of the real market value of the car.

I cannot emphasize enough the hurt and the betrayal by FIAT India for a customer like me who has patronized FIAT since 1999 and suffered continuously for poor service, expensive parts and service, extremely pathetic resale value (due to lack of Service network). I am copying this email to my lawyer who will file a case in the Consumer Courts shortly.

Yours faithfully

Indranil Samaddar

Car — No Service

I had subscribe the car helpline service from company name smile car.On dated 05th Feb 2009 i was on the way of my home around 10 pm. Around going half kilometer from my office my tyres get punctured. I immediately called Smile car helpline. They told me they are sending helpline in 1.5 hour, i object for the same, then he told mme that they will send the helpline in 30 min but thereafter they didin't even picked the phone..
                  In short, third class services are provided by them

Fiat Punto Diesel — Manufacturing defect - Engine oil entered into coolant section and ruined the entire engine

I own a FIAT Punto multijet - diesel car. (Car bought on 10- Mar -2012)

Vehicle number : AP 10 BA 0880

My FIAT Punto multijet's oil cooler broke (manufacturing defect) and the engine oil entered into the coolant section and vice versa. This happened to my new vehicle at 15000kms. Vehicle was just 3 months old. This took place in July 2012. Vehicle was kept in the...

My name is Pankaj Utekar and I am the owner of Fiat Linea car.
                    I am working as the Senior Consultant in the one of the reputed IT organization and ex-service partner of Fiat.
                    Recently on 20th of April 2013 I had given my car for service in a newly inaugurated Balaji Fiat service center near thane ghodbunder road.
                    You couldn't belive now what I am going to say. It is just not about the service but the most undesirable thing one can expect after paying 21 K for car service.

I was supposed to receive my car @ 6:00 in evening post service where they told me that the disc pad and liner has to be changed since car break was making noise. They said that Fiat car's disk break often goes off after 25000 KM, which was a rubbish excuse.

I went to collect my and was obviously it was not ready “ My experience with the service center” . They made me wait rill 8:30 PM by the time all staff went off and few guys were polishing my car.

I got the car only at 8:45 PM and when I drove the car just after 300 meters my car started making terrible noise and started wobbling.

I immediatley called the service manager and he asked me to bring the car back tomorrow "It seems they don't have pick up facility",

I agreed and somehow managed to take the car back home. I felt the car is going to get disintegrated with few minutes.

Next morning on a lovely sunday "When People like to rest", I again got the car out and this time it was more horrible sound.

My cousin and I manage to take the car few meter away when the car started wabbling, While we reached the high was I we stopped by the highway when I bicycle rider got our attention the tyre which was out and about to come out.

We immediately stopped and saw that the tyre was out and I could get the nut bold out with my fingers.

“I can't imagine what could have happened if one the high way the tyre would separate".

This was just not life threatening to me but for so many people driving on the highway. This is unpardonable mistake of Balaji service center and one cannot let it go.

I am caught with the surprise on their quality norms. When you go there, their staff has a very casual approach.

I am insisting the MD to rethink on the decision to give the dealership to Balaji cars if they can't maintain their status in the market.

This is not the first time, this approach is the habit now. .

I need the justification and response from both MD of Fiat India and Mr. Shyam sunder Jangid on who takes the resposibility of the life of the car owners and the safety of the other people on the road.

Pankaj Utekar

Fiat India Pvt Ltd — faulty vehicle design

Dear Sir
                      i wish to draw attention to problems i have faced with my car fiat linea dynamic model petrol version.
                      the car was purchased from fiat dealer society motors. in the year july 2009.
                      the dealership gave me the demo vehicle which was dented from the left body side without my knowledge.
                      i came to know of this only when i got teflon coating done on the body wherein the mechanic told me that car was dented...

I have sent my Palio car for servicing at Dhingra Motors, Gurgaon(authorised Centre) on 31st January. Next day I was informed that the estimate expenses for my car is around Rs. 21000/- to Rs. 25000/- for which I gave my consent. They also promised me to delivery of my car on 1st Feb. Till next day afternoon i.e 2nd Feb I did not receive any communication from their workshop, therefore, I asked my son to go to your workshop and see the progress of my car. When my son visited workshop he found that the bumper of my car was badly damaged from left side. I informed the this to Mr. Varjesh, GM, Dhingra Motors.
                      Mr. Varjesh promised me that he will enquire about this and will inform me. I got no response from his side also.

On 4th I got a telephone call and was informed that my car is ready and bill amount is Rs 29500/- approx. Next day i.e. 5th February, I, along with my son went to your workshop to take the delivery of my car. Firstly, I had to wait for about half an hour then the supervisor told me to pay the bill amount. After making payment I was given an unsigned bill and asked to sign the gate pass on the billing counter itself for which I refused. Any how I got the delivery of my car and then the supervisor informed me that there is a balance work of Rs. 25000/- pending.

I am shocked by the behavior of the supervisor and billing personnel, but having no option I took my car and again spoke to Mr. Varjesh on 6th morning and informed you about the incident. He told me that he will look into the matter and revert back to me but he did not.

Since then I was writing to Tata Motors, Fiat, and Dhingra Motors but nobody is interested in repairing my car. Dhingra Motors has offered me some discount for remaining work but I am shocked with the behavior of Tata Motors and Fiat that they are least interested to listen the problem and I have already paid Rs. 29388/- against the estimate of Rs. 25000/-.

I therefore, request you to take up the matter with TATA MOTORS and FIAT to repair my car immediately.

To
                        The manager
                        FIAT Motors INDIA

I purchased a FIAT Grande Punto June 2010 Chasis No. MCA118A5C07012965BNZ and was offered the extended warranty option at purchase. I have maintained the car with 3 services done in time. fter this a general check done on 19/12/12 included "fitment charges all " and slight sound from the rear, other items like engine motor, internal mirror. total paid was rs 5357/-. On 11/1/13 again the noticeable sound and check was done, and shock absorber rear, elastic pad, fitment charges, front shocker mount, rear chg done. i had to pay rs 6860/-
                        This was clearly a part of the extended warranty however the service centre did not agree and said that we don't follow it. when asked about the check done on 19/12 and problem was also there that time, so they should not be charging again, they again did not listen. The service centre name is Oberoi cars.C-12 sector1 noida-201301.
                        My question is i bought a Punto over other cars due to the extended warranty offer and it was not considered by your service centres.
                        Then why is this given to lure buyers? i want you to check and return my money,

Pravika Sah
                        Aug 13, 2020
                        Linea Purchase date 6.5.2011 . The car is under extended warranty..The speedometer is stopped and the gear shiftging is hard . It is said by the dealer that
                        the clutch plate has to be changed. and the speedometer also.
                        Some time before the rear buffer was broken by a bike. I have taken the insurence claim..
                        Now the dealer is saying that because you have taken insurence claim, extended warranty does not apply.
                        It may be a wonder or joke that the buffer was broken by the third party and.
                        claim of engine parts not alloud. Kindly advice.
                        Dealer.. Jaika Motors, Badnera Road, AMRAVATI (Maharashtra) 444607
                        Name.. Deep V. Varma [protected]

I had given by Fiat Linea for rectifying a starting complaint at Concorde Motors, Nettoor, Maraud Panchayath ,Ernakulam.[protected]. This problem was there before fews months before and i had given the car before also to resolve this issue, that time they told to change the battery and but after few days the same problem arise. This time they replace 4 sensors, one fuel pump and some other components also. I couldn't say that the issue is fully resolved as the car still shows tha same problem 3 times in 5 days, so we are closing screening the car if it is repeatedly coming.

The very bad part of this service is that they have stolen my cars wiper sprayer and the seat height adjuster lever bush. I contacted the customer relation manager Mr.Lijo and told he will check on this and will call you back. One service person from concorde has called back me and enquired on this. He asked me to bring the vehicle again to service center, I told them to get the parts to my home and get connected there as this was not because of my issue and i have no time to waste because of you. They told they will check on this and update soon. Now it is 3 days no updates and follow-up from there side.
                          Aug 13, 2020

Myself jignesh j patel, and I had bought new fiat punto car from auto point center.surat (Gujarat) before 1 year.now in my car rear axle and hub has a problem and for that my rear wheels are worn out 80 percent half portion and remaining will as it is in good condition. That’s why I had submitted this problem to auto point .but they neglect my problem and don’t want to repair it. They don’t want take any interest to repair my car in warranty.
                            After that I also submitted my many complaints to online customer care, but after few days they told me that your complaint was resolved by service center and feedback also given by you. But in real case there is no any single call from company side and not from service center for my problem.
                            Finally I have submitted my car in shreeji automart at piplod in surat(Gujarat).i also make a conversation for this all problem to head of south zone Mr.Dipak Tiwari and Mr.Dipak Dubey ,but both didn’t give proper response for this matter. He told me that proposal forward to head office and the we change all parts of your cars. Also told me that if you want your car then submitted deposit charge of all parts, after that you take your car. They are not repaired my car in warranty from last 15 days. They want money for this matter.
                            Name:jignesh j patel
                            Mob:[protected]
                            Email:jignesh99.[protected]@gmail.com
                            Fiat Punto car
                            Car no: GJ 19M 7837
                            Car submitted at: Shreeji Automart ,Piplod,Surat
                            Dear Sir
                            Myself Amit Singh Soni i am facing the same problem of rear Axle hub and already have got two sets of tyres worn out in same manner this is basically a BIG MANUFACTURING DEFECT and these company is not taking it and not even rectifying this if you look at the problem in other cars also you will find it in almost EVERY FIAT PUNTO and to your surprise i have got this thing even replaced once but the problem is still there
                            so i suggest that we should complaint this with consumer forum so that FIAT INDIA will take this seriously
                            Name Amit Singh Soni
                            Mobile [protected]
                            Email [protected]@yahoo.com
                            Fiat Punto Diesel
                            Car no: HR 26 BK 6318

Non receipt of refund

Despite mail to them on 21/2/2015 to cancel a car booking, they are not refunding my booking amount and not picking up calls

DEAR SIR
                              This is to inform u that my name is ravi prakash r/o kaithal(haryana),i bought fiat punto(emotion) in april 2010 from metro motors ambala cantt., my car chassis no.mca11835e07025099b142 &my car no.is HR08M1900, sir it is very sad to say that i m very much disappointed from ur service from the peroid i have bought ur car, some of the specifications of my problem with my car which i let u know that are mentioned as
                              1. from the very first service there are very minor problems arising like WHEEL BALANCING, THERE IS REGULAR SOUND PRODUCE FROM THE SHOKERS , LIGHT ADJUSTMENT ETC which i have said a number of times in every service but till date i have not get rid out of these problems
                              & in every service they make me sure to sort out the problems .
                              2. Even on 22-12-12 I MAKE CALL AT 10AM TO UR SERVICE CENTER AT AMBALA CANTT. FOR THE SOLUTION OF MY PROBLEMS LIKE DRIVER SEAT LIFTING SHIFT,ABS LIGHT INDICATOR , HEAD LIGHT FOCUS PROBLEM,ENGINE NOISE IN 4th GEAR, REAR SIDE NOISE FROM THE SHOCKERS. THEY GIVEN ME TIME FOR COMING AT 1PM & I REACHED AT 12:30 PM SHARPLY & GIVEN ME TIME FOR 3 HRS FOR SORT THE PROBLEMS & THEN I COME AT 5 PM EVEN THEN I SEATED FOR 3-4 HRS & AT LAST THERE IS NO SOLUTION ,NOTHING IS REPAIRED & SAID THEY ARE UNABLE TO SOLVE THE ABOVE SAID PROBLEMS .& IN EVERY MEET THEY TREAT IN THIS WAY SO ITS VERY SINCERE REQUEST TO U TO SORT THE ABOVE SAID PROBLEMS AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE AS WELL AS UR ATTITUDE TOWARDS THE CONSUMERS.
                              # RAVI PRAKASH R/O 343/11, KARNAL ROAD , KAITHAL 136027
                              Aug 13, 2020
                              This is reminder for u regarding my complaint, so, pls revert me as soon as possible, im still awiting for ur reply