Skoda India

Fax:
+91 240 6631299
+91 240 6631199

Awesome

Skoda India related photos (169)

Complaints with pictures are more trusted and informative    View all

Skoda India Complaints & Reviews

SACHIN VED
I PURCHASED A SKODA LAURA A/T FROM NUMMER EINS, MUMBAI IN OCT '07. FROM DAY ONE THE CAR HAS BEEN GIVING PROBLEMS. IN FACT, TILL DATE MY CAR HAS BEEN TO THE GARAGE 6 TIMES. THERE IS AN INCESSANT RATTLING SOUND FROM THE DASHBOARD. 4 TIMES MY CAR WENT TO NUMMER EINS GARAGE AFTER WHICH I WAS ADVISED BY SKODA TO GO TO THEIR OTHER DEALER AUTOBAHN. THEIR COMPANY ENGINEER FROM AURANGABAD EXAMINED THE CAR ALONG WITH AUTOBAHN ENGINEERS. NOBODY HAS ANY CONCRETE SOLUTION FOR THE RATTLING PROBLEM. I HAVE BEEN TOLD ALL SORTS OF STORIES REGARDING THE CAUSE OF THIS PROBLEM. SINCE LAST 2 WEEKS, MY CAR IS AGAIN AT AUTOBAHN FOR THE SAME PROBLEM. I AM NOT GETTING A SATISFACTORY REPLY FROM SKODA OR AUTOBAHN. I NEVER EXPECTED TO GO THROUGH SO MUCH HEADACHE AFTER SPENDING 19 LACS.
PLEASE HELP.
REGARDS,
SACHIN VED
MUMBAI
CELL:[protected]
Model: Octavia Elegance . Engine No: ALHE24164. Chassis No: A007975 .Delivery received on 18th July evening from JIA Auto sales PVT LTD. 234/3A .AJC Bose Road .Kolkata : 700020. State West Bengal .Country : India

Dear Sir;

I had such a high degree of respect for the track record established by SKODA Motors in rolling out products of superior quality for over a century that I had no hesitation in driving away an OCTAVIA from the show room without a test drive. Though I may have purchased your new edition of Laura Elegance if I would have been properly briefed on its excellent features and advantages.

But I am sorry to tell you that this is perhaps the greatest blunder I have committed in my life. I have had nothing but problems from day one. To add to my misfortune, I have a dealer who seems to be totally disinclined to be of assistance.

I was given a test drive of Laura automatic and was impressed by the look of the car but as Calcutta road are congested therefore I preferred to go for a manual car instead
I went to your dealer – JIA AUTO SALES LTD, AJC Bose Toad, Calcutta on 9th July 2008 with the intention of purchasing a SKODA Laura Elegance. Since the people at the showroom were not able to convince me on its performance on road I decided to go for an OCTAVIA, as it was a tried and tested vehicle. I decided and impulsively booked an Octavia Elegance and paid Rs. 50000/- to Jia Motor .

In absence of the brochure for the model I could not get an idea of the exact features that the model has, I expected that there would be a DVD sound system in the car and I told Mr. Rohit the Sales Manager to confirm me on the same, as previously I have only used top-of-the line sound system in my cars. He assured me that even if it is not here he will somehow manage to get one .

On 12th July your sales manager was intimated on the delivery of the vehicle booked by me to be on 18th July and I specifically requested to hand over the vehicle by 2.00 PM.

Without proper information on the delivery from your dealer we went to the dealer at 4.00 PM and found that the vehicle was yet to arrive at your showroom. It arrived at 6:00 PM and was handed over to us when it was almost dusk. There was confusion about the accessories, registration number plate etc., and we found our selves completely neglected in absence of a proper navigator to brie[censored]s on the matter . Mr. Rohit was not to be found anywhere though he was repeatedly called by my colleagues and by me on the delay and on the music system. The delay not only has jeopardized my work and ruined all the arrangements made for the ritual ceremony that one does on purchase of a new vehicle.

With prior intimation and proper brief from your end I could have installed music system of my choice on the day of the delivery and also could have through checked the car accessories in the day light if I would have got the vehicle on time.

While driving back to my work from your showroom the engine stalled five times. Firstly, I thought I might be the fault of the drivers. When I took over after the vehicle had automatically stalled thrice, I found that the Odometer was not working. There were no splashguards at the wheels, which are most essential on Calcutta streets during the monsoon.

Next morning I noticed that the plastic covers were unsealed and seat covers were stained.

The next day when we got in touch with the dealer regarding stalling of the engine, non-functioning odometer and the splashguards, their representative arrived and along with my colleagues found the fuse to run the odometer was lying inside the ashtray. It was clearly evident that the odometer had been disconnected to conceal the fact that the car has been used by your people prior to the delivery.

We were asked to go to the dealership by their representatives for having the splashguards installed against charges. When we went to the dealership they could not find splashguards of the right size to fit the vehicle and we had to return without the flash guards. We were again instructed by Mr. Rohit to send the car to the workshop for fixing the splashguards against charges.

We could never understand the logic of providing splashguards for the rear wheels and customer having to pay for the guards on the front wheels. It seems rather curious to me. I would have not ever hesitated to purchase these essential accessories, if told by the dealer’s people.

It is amazing that a SKODA Dealership does not have a stock of minor accessories.

The engine still keeps stalling twice or thrice a day. And though I was lucky to escape major accidents twice on the highway (Eastern By Pass) but could avoid pubic agitation for blocking the way.

From the evidence of the odometer having been disconnected; the stains on the seat covers, the malfunction of the system that has caused several interruption while driving and our having to wait for four hours at the dealership, we are unable to accept the vehicle as a fresh and new one.

So what we have got is a “USED CAR”. On top of that with all its faults what we have with us what is commonly called in the USA – a “LEMON”

Whenever I call up the Manager of the dealership about fixing the problems, I get to talk to one his juniors has only advised us to have patience the issue will take sometime to solve and has differed the matter .This has been going on for a week now.

I have complained to the Customer Care Service 5/6 times but have never received a proper response except a show of arrogance.

Mr.Rohit who showed his interest and called me on 24th July to solve the matter, failed to be on time at my office on 25th July at 12.Noon as agreed upon, I had to rush for a meeting and visited your showroom while coming back to meet your General Manger and to speak to him on the car matter and an allegation brought to my notice by Mr.Rohit that a person from my office has made a call to Ms.Suchorita Majumdar of your showroom and she has felt insulted by the communication.
Since we knew that the allegation has been brought to divert the attention from the actual crisis, We requested the lady to show the number that she has assumed to be ours, as expected she and the rest of the showroom staff found to be nervous and ultimately showed us a number that does not belong to us ..
Yes, she was called by my colleague twice once around 3.30pm to seek her help to speak to the higher authority and next at 5.51.pm to get her feed back as she assured us to help . So the question of insult does not arise .

What an excellent way to help us, instead of trying to solve our problems they are now resorting to counter allegations.

The entire episode has disturbed my peace of mind and created a great deal o[censored]nnecessary tension. In fact it has created a phobia about purchasing a brand new car.

My faith and trust in SKODA has been totally shattered. I regret having made a wrong choice. I could have easily gone for another premium brand (because my budget was
Rs.16, 00, 000/-) from a dealership run by knowledgeable and sensitive people.

To conclude, the facts stated above are proof that we have not been delivered what we were promised. We have paid for a used faulty vehicle, which is not serving the purpose for which it was purchased. This is a clear case of breach of trust.

With the interference of Mr.V.K.Soni general manger Jia Auto have made the matter worst he assured on replecement of the vehicle and requested to handed over the used Octavia to him, he later took the car to his showroom and thenafter failed to keep the appointments and his committments of getting back to us on the replacement of the vehicle .

Rather he has mailed us on 6thstating that the car is ok hence he has solve all the disputes after the car was taken to show room...
I, therefore, request you not to force me to retain the afore mentioned vehicle and seek for more trouble in future instead to do the needful to have an everlasting relationship with you .

I shall highly appreciate a response from you.
God bless you all.

Sincerely yours,

Niladri Biswas
Niladri Biswas My mobile number is +[protected] I mailed my complaint earlier about a usedand disputed car being delivered to me by Jia Auto Sales Pvt Ltd ..Kolkata .India

Niladri Biswas

Skoda/ Laura — Non Functioning of Music System

Laura automatic for last 6 months no part avaliabler for reparing the music system thus no CD player & Radio working
Hi! I bought a Skoda Laura L&K A/T. I am fed up with the car. It must have gone to the garage atleast 10 times in 2 years. Everytime I complain to Aurangabad there is no response. Skoda India is taking things very lightly. Autobahn is a screwed up service center. The car I don't think is meant for Indian roads or I think they have thrown all defective models in India and Skoda India is not ready to accept it. I have so much of rattling noise from the doors they are not able to rectify. I also asked them to return my money but no reply again.
these skoda peoples r of thick skin!!!
they care hell form there customers,
i would definitely say beware of these peoples they cheat u like anythings...
I Sachin Lodha is owner of Skoda Laura (L&K), I have problem of AC of my car all ready complaint of same is registered 31A101609. i had sent my car on 21/1/2009 for servicing at asset auto (i) pvt ltd. as there was problem in AC. After through inspection it was told by service advisor that condenser of AC need replacement. I took estimate of 19544/- same and then gave confirmation on same day for condenser replacement. He demanded some advance for procuring material I paid total amount in advance.

They replaced my condenser on 22/01/2009 and said that work is done ok. But from very next day i found that AC cooling is not proper. As i was out of town from 24th to 26th when i returned i visited service station where on again checking they said "AS PER WORKSHOP DIAGNOSING AC COMPRESSOR FOUND INTERNALLY DEFFECTIVE & NEED TO REPLACEMENT". They again gave me quotation of 50160/-.

i don't understand that was there problem in condenser or is there real problem in compressor. or problem is something different.

Sorry to say these people are making business of this. Ultimately we are sufferer creating bad impression about SKODA.
hello arya please call me i will be talk in your mobile only you will call me this number [protected]

i will be wait you calling
I HAVE PURCHASE SKODA LAURA.FROM DAY OF PURCHASE A/C GIVEN PROBLEM, NO COOLING EFFECT, INSPITE OF CHANGE OF COMPRESSOR, NO ACTION BY ANY SKODA AUTHORITY, I AM NOW THINKING TO GO TO CONSUMER FORUM TO ADDRESS MY PROBLEM,
WORST POSSIBLE ATTENTION BY MANUFACTURER., CAN BE RATED BELOW ONE STAR .

CAR REG NO-HR-51-AK8478

OWNER NAME-K.CHOWDHURY
C/O SAI TUBES PVT LTD
PLO T NO 46-SECTOR 27A
FARIDABAD

Amit Kanudia
    We bought a Laura L & K AT in june 2006. Recently we have noticed bulgings in its tyres. We complained to the dealership of Skoda from where we had bought this car. They told us that this is a defect in the car, winter tyres have been fitted onto it hence these problems.

Further they said that if the card had done under 10,000 kms they could have given a free replacemnet but since our car has now done more then 20,000 kms, we will have to buy new tyres.

Skoda is cheating us, if they know that there is a defect in their tyres then they should recall their cars & replace the tyres instead of the consumers discovering these faults at some point of time.

This car costed us approx 18.5 lakhs and this it is loaded with such defective tryres.

What can we do to sue SKODA and get our tyres replaced. Besides the tyres there are a few more problems, which are again being defined as manufacturing defects.
    I am also frustrated with Skoda service support. I purchased Skoda Octavia in Jan-2004 and just after 30, 000 kms, its tyres got damaged. When contacted the Skoda service dealers, they mentioned that lower quality tyres have been used in that "lot" by mistake, but they can't do anything about it.

Contacted with consumer complaints dept of Skoda India and their response was pathetic.

-Deepak Gupta
    I own a Skoda Laura Apr 2008 Model. Came with Dunlop Sport tyres. Left front blew up after 4000km and I was really lucky to survive. One tyre and rim replaced after 2months !!

Dunlop does not manufacture tyres for cars in India. These were rejected tyres picked up at cheap rates from East European country.Obviously there would be Blebs, bloating and blow ups !!

Second tyre went off at 27000km and ultimately the third one blew up at 28000kms

In addition I have had a clutch full assembly changed twice, horn changed twice and a turbo changed once.

All this before I have touched 35000kms !

Dont waste your time with Customer care- neither they have any say with the dealer or with the company management. They are glorified telephone operators.

I would suggest develop a personal rapport with your dealer

Arun
    Am not surprised, the dealership is pathetic and their 'carry a damn' attitude is really bad. The product is great, but losing out to bad service.

Anandh.SP

Skoda Laura — constant problem with engine [Resolved]

saurabh jain
      Feb. 2, 2008

The President/Vice President/
      Manager (Customer Care)
      Skoda Auto India Private Ltd.br...

suveen sahib
      i faced major issues with the car airconditioning of my skoda lura ( may 2006 model) for 7 mnths through the summer of 2007.. the servcie centres kept on playing hide and seek game and my car had to go through umpteen times to the servcie centres before skoda finally had the air conditioning fixed.. it is already winter now and i have no ide if it works actually.
      another preculiar problem i have fced is that the tyres bulge out for the laura afterv some time...i understand that this seems to be problem faced by many skoda laura customers.. aparrtently the wieght of the car and the tyres are out of synch./.. would like to hear if others have faced similar issues
      this is reg the bad experience i had purchasing new FABIA.
      I booked a FABIA under the name Mr. Pramod Kr. Gupta on 03.02.2008 thru Oberoi Motors, Dehradun. i had even given a booking amount of
      Rs. 10000.00 as i was confirmed a delivery by 12.02.2008 for Satin Grey in Classic.
      i again visited the showroom on 06.02.2008 when i was reassured the delivery by 12.02.08.
      Yesterday i asked my ICICI loan agent to reconfirm the delivery, when we were on a conference call. Mr. Amit the sales executive at Oberoi Motors asks the agent to misguide us and ask us to pay another Rs. 100000.00 as down payment and once the payment is done then they will take another 15-20 days for the delivery and 12.02.08 was confirmed just to get the car booked still if the customer is in hurry then convince him to buy white color in ambiente which is available, this was all that i was hearing.
      i was really shocked to hear this from a company that is has just started to grow on customer confidence.
      when i contact other dealers in Delhi or haryana, none is willing to offer the car for other state as a pact between all the dealers.
      Because of this monopoly we customers are being taken for granted and are cheated which is bringing a bad repute to the SKODA.
      finally i have planned to drop the idea of buying any Skoda car,if this is the servise before sales then what it would be after.
      I am still suffering from the bad quality of LAURA L&K
      I wount advice any body to buy Skoda
      Yes i did
      manik.[protected]@espl.in
      There is a weight and abnormal tire wear out problem in the Laura as rightly pointed out by you. Any amount of Wheel Alignment or Balancing wont help. The tyres on this car dont go more than 40000km whereas on other car you can get up to 65000 with normal driving and following tire rotation and alignment schedules. Some how this car is a BIG LIABILITY and I hate myself for buying it. Toyota and Honda are better options.

Skoda India / Laura — Terrible service! [Resolved]

Shree
        A BIG "THANK YOU" to everyone who put their complaints up on this board! You have saved me a headache and numerous...

dddd123
        Yes, the AC problem is pathetic, you have to keep changing the controls to avoid the screen getting condensed. Most people do not know there are four major flaws with all Laura's:

1. The hose pipe touches the fan near the bonnet, causing a harsh sound. This causes both the fan and the hose pipe to wear out prematurely. If you notice the problem the service engineers wil put two wiring harnesses from the local market that are used to tie computer cables. They will charge you Rs.500 for service and Rs.150/- for each harness (they cost Rs.2 in the market). However the problem will not be sorted until you go to a good garage and ask them toe tie thin ropes (suthli's). This is a manufacturing defect in all Laura's.
        2. The headlight cleaner that pop's out after five windscreen washes, has a body coloured cover which falls off on the driver side. The replacement cover costs Rs.500 and and extra Rs.300 for the paint since it only comes in black.
        3. The ac control has to be directed to the feet to avoid the screen from getting condensed. This causes the passengers in the rear to become very uncomfortable.
        4. The tyres in the Laura develop a bubble after 4-6 months o[censored]sage, the only remedy is replacement of all tyres, which costs around Rs.29,000/-

Apart from the above standard problems the fuel lock release switch is also problematic, with most cars facing that problem. After about a years usage the lid refuses to open, Skoda engineers will surely replace something and give you a huge bill, but the problem never completely goes away.

Our company has 20 Skoda octavias and 9 Lauras, including one of the origianl imported Lauras with 8 airbags. The quality of Skoda has really suffered, with even the Octavias giving a ton of problems. I spoke to 5 people in Skoda Ahmednagar and they didnt even bother to reply to our directors. This after buying 29 cars, I can imagine what an individual owner goes through.

If you have to go for a diesel go for a Optra Magnum. Chevrolet is trying hard to please its customers and the price is low too. Our company scrapped the idea of buying a superb after seeing the host of problems. We are not even buying the Passat which has been offered to us in a loyalty scheme, since it is the same family and shares the same parts and manufacturing facitilty.

Moral of the story...Old Octy's rock, new ones suck. Laura is a defective car, not meant for keeps. Our company has already sold 7 of the 9 Lauras.

S A Singh.

I own Skoda Laura and I purchased this car in July 2007. I have some problem with the car and not getting any solution.

From the day first A/c not working. Laura A/c is worst in this segment.

I sent the car for the service at M/s Giriraj Auto ( Gurgaon ) India and they told there was some loose connection in some blower pipe and it is been fixed.

After few days I feel same problem and I sent my driver again to Giriraj Auto and they told they don’t have service capacity today come again after few days.

Then I sent after 3 weeks and they told before sending my car I have to book it in advance for the repair then only they can take the car for repair.

Today same thing happened once again. I request to Giriraj Motors ( Mr. Irfan ) and he told there is no engineer today to fix this problem. I got surprised that city like Gurgaon they don’t have manpower to repair the vehicles. I believe Gurgaon has the maximum Skoda cars in India.

Giriraj Motors told me that they can’t do any thing..If I am not happy with the service then I can talk to Skoda customer care in India. I ask them to give me any senior officials contact number or email id they refused to give me . They told it is not possible.

Then I called up to Customer care and Ms Nikita took my call and assured me for the good service. I told her madam I know nothing is going to happen if possible give me some senior person contact no or email id bcz I want to get it repair today itself. I am going out of town for a week. I cannot drive the car for a week with AC problem. Since from few days cooling is very bad.

After that I called up Mr. Srinivas ( Skoda Auto India ) I told him the problem and told he will do something and revert me by 2PM IST. After few miniutes I got a call from Giriraj auto that they can fix the problem but I will get the car late night. I agreed that and send my driver.

After 4-5 hours I have been told by service staff that this problem cannot be fix because they don’t have the Part (AC FAN ). Then I ask them to give me in written that they don’t have the spare part not available. Finally they have sent the car back and my driver told they have written by manually even I cannot read that language what is written.

I am really surprised how the people are getting the service for the Skoda cars in India.
        Nobody is willing to give any senior officials email or contact id.
        Nobody worried about the service quality for the Skoda ( brand name ) even they don’t have sense how to talk with the customers ( especially Giriraj Staff)

Now I really thinking Honda and other cards have much-much better service compare to Skoda in India.

From the day first A/c not working. Laura A/c is worst in this segment.

Nobody is willing to give any senior officials email or contact id.

We puchased vehicle DL4CAV1540 Skoda Laura Car on dated[protected] from Giriraj Motors Pvt. Ltd., JMD. Pacific Square. Sector - 14. Part - 2, Gurgaon, Haryana.
        1. It was rectified on 22-04-08 that the "Fuel Pressure Pipe Ring" was not fitted in the car.The fault was rectified by Silverton auto, Motinagar, New Delhi.We have written letter to Giriraj Motors and Head Office Aurangabad dated 28-04-08.No reply received till date.
        2. A babble mark noticed on tyre on dated[protected] Kms).Silverton Auto nad Giriraj Motors both refused to change the tyre even the vehicle was very much in warranty period.A complained letter dated 20th sep 08 was Written to head Office in this regard.No reply till date.
        3. Horn of the subect car went wrong five times from the date of purchase to 11 Dec 08.It was repaired number of times but working for one or two days only.Again we wrote a letter to Gurgaon and Head Office on 12 Dec 08.No reply received till date.
        4. Sterio was not working fron the day one.After countless call to Giriraj Motors it was repaced on 11-02-09.
        5. AC fan is not working from the begining.I requested n number of times at Giriraj Motors but all in vain because the part is not availabe.They have given request to Head office.against our request on 12-12 -08
        6. Again the horn went wrong.
        finding it very diffcult how to overcome these problums.Hope some posetive reply from your end.

RK Tomar
        GD Foods Mfg India Pvt. Ltd.
        Tilak Nagar Delhi - 110018

Skoda Laura — falling down of engine [Resolved]

Rajbir Singh Sodhi
          I was driving the car in the city of chandigarh and suddenly there was a roaring noise and I had to stop the car. On opening...

Skoda Superb — defected tyre replacement [Resolved]

dr aruna vyas
          Sir ,i had purchaied a skoda superb car from Oberoi moters Dahradun outlet. My car tyer was found side bulging in one of tyre(with...

Skoda Laura — service complaint [Resolved]

Ravirajkumar

I had Purchased Skoda Laura last October 2006 in TAFE Access Ltd. in the name of Planet Agencies...