The Hindu

Chennai District
Tamil Nadu

Load

The Hindu Complaints & Reviews

The book "india 500 tests" ordered by me was tried to be delivered by m/s professional couriers but returned "due to door...

I k. Thangarathinam no.36/6, shriram flats, 2nd street, jeevan nagar, adambakkam, chennai 88, has sent a cheque worth rs.999 for annual subscription in the month of september 2018 holding cheque no: 000012, andhra bank, villivakkam, chennai. The same was cleared on 27th september, 2018. Paper received from 3rd october 2018 intermittently upto 25th december 2018 and the supply has been stopped ever since... So kindly either supply the paper or refund the money.. Thank you...
Jan 15, 2019

The Hindu customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
The Hindu paper is not being supplied from Kuppam, Chittoor District, Andhra Pradesh to the Dravidian University staff quarters for more than the past two weeks. Life is pale without reading the The Hindu. Habituated for reading it for nearly 45 years now. Please restore supply urgently.
Subscription I'd [protected]
I'm not receiving our Hindu news paper Tamil
When I ask to the delivery guy, he replies as he isn't getting enough copies

I k. Thangarathinam, no:36/6, shriram flats, 2nd street, jeevan nagar, adambakkam, chennai -88, sent a cheque worth rs.999 for annual subscription in the month of september 2018 holding cheque no.000012, andhra bank, villivakkam, chennai. Period: oct 2018- sep 2019. Paper received from third october 2018 intermittently upto 25th december 2018 and has been ever since... So kindly supply the paper or refund the amount...
    Jan 15, 2019

The Hindu customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

This is insane. My subscription had to start from jan 1, 2019 and i had advance payment on dec 15, 2018 of 99rs. Its been 11 days but not a single paper deliver to my house and they charged to my credit card today again for rs 99 despite i already cancelled the auto debit from credit card on hindu online website.

This is really something which i never experienced. Come on be little professional.
      Jan 11, 2019

The Hindu customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

My subscription id - [protected]. I had subscribed for hindu newspaper for one year. The delivery of the newspaper was to start...

I have subscribed for the hindu tamil daily for one year. Delivery of paper stopped all of the sudden 20 days back.
        The agent is not responding properly. My efforts on taken up the matter with customer care through mail and phone didn't yield any desirable result. Really i am disappointed with this incident.
        Why it is happening? Who is responsible?
        non delivery of the hindu tamil paper
        Jan 06, 2019

The Hindu customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

Hai, i have subscribed for tamil hindhu newspaper. I have paid the amount in advance. My subscription is valid til april 2019....
          Again the delivery of the paper is discontinued. It appears whenever the paper boy is changed the agent do not updates him...

Hi team,

I have not been receiving the the hindu new paper copy since 1.5 months, i have called with the hindu bangalore office 8 times and every time customer care executive said, he will talk to local supplier but there is no action yet. I have called area supplier also and he was initially saying "you will get the new paper from tomorrow", not sure which tomorrow, i have not got the new paper yet even he is not picking my calls now.

I am really frustrated with customer care executives and local supplier, i have lost my faith on the hindu group which not able to solve the issue after 1.5 months also.

Please reimburse my money so that i will switch to other vendor.

Name: rathore, sher singh
          Contact no: [protected]
          Area: rajarajehwari nagar, bangalore

Thanks & regards
          Rathore
          Dec 03, 2018

The Hindu customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
          We didn't get hindu In-school Sunday magazine dated 2nd December 2018. The newspaper vendor told that they haven't delivered one. ASAP make the magazine delivered regularly with out fail.
          Hi - I have subscribed for the Hindu )Pl ref Sl no in order form - 108211, and i'm facing issues in the supply. I have not received the paper for the past 1 week.

Pl resolve

I, p. Srinivasavaradhan, residing previously at no.6 arunachlam street, chennai, tamil nadu 600028, has been receiving daily...
            Subscription made on 27.10.2018 and order no is t20181027esub7536 for half yearly subscription for hindu sunday magizine school....

I have booked hindu newspaper for 1 year subscription my subscription date start from 1 st of november i have got newspaper for only 3 days from 4th day i didn't get my newspaper till today i have contacted the person who got cheque from me it's name saravanan for koyambedu and nerkundram area nearly i have contacted him 30 times but nee didn't response to him now i have go to register complaint for this issue.
            Nov 24, 2018

The Hindu customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

I had subscribed for the hindu school weekly paper in dec 2017. I have received only four copies ie upto jan 2018. I have repeatedly calling but neither they are responding nor refunding my subscription charges too. It has been 10 months still no solution. I have called them uncountable times still they are not willing to refund my money. Customer care executives are least responsible and not taking actions in this regard.
              Nov 23, 2018

The Hindu customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
              I made online subscription in early and the distribution has not begun till date. Order ID is ORD_1580. Payment has gone through and no service delivered to date.

Have been mailing [protected]@thehindu.co.in since Sep-14 and for the last 2 months they have been able to provide proper update or response to my order.

I had subscribed for the hindu young world in aug 2018. However have never received a single copy neither they are refunding my subscription charges too. It has been 4 months still no solution. I have called them uncountable times still they are not willing to refund my money. Customer care executives are least responsible and afraid to transfer call to their higher officials. My order id is w20180827esub7350

Kiran
                Nov 20, 2018

The Hindu customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

When i am thinking about a english newspaper, the first thing comes to my mind is "the hindu". I have subscribed the daily for long back. Customer care executive informed that i will receive my paper from 16 November onwards.Still i have not received a single day's newspaper. Complainted 4 times to the toll free number also. My complaint reg no is A297632, also sent a mail to the hindu. They are not providing proper response for the subscribers. Worst customer service from the paper.
                  Nov 23, 2018

The Hindu customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

I had subscribed for the Hindu young world in AUG 2018. however have never received a single copy neither they are refunding my subscription charges too. It has been 4 months still no solution. I have called them uncountable times still they are not willing to refund my money. Customer care executives are least responsible and afraid to transfer call to their higher officials.

Kiran
                    Nov 20, 2018

Nov 19, 2018
                    Updated by Pallavi Kiran
                    My order ID is W20180827ESUB7350

I had subscribed weekly school tabloid for school kids on oct 8th, 2018 for my kids relative in patna
                      Till today i...

Hello team,

Ref:
                      Email reference id: a152700

I would like to bring to your attention that i had subscribed to the hindu newspaper online in oct 2016 and i had renewed it again in oct 2017; however, after renewal, i had some issues with beginning newspaper delivery and after quite a lot of emails and phone calls to customer service team they resolved it in mar 2018, i. E., technically my subscription started only on mar 7, 2018.

With that being said, on oct 14, 2018 i was informed that my subscription has ended and they stopped delivering newspaper again. A week prior to the subscription renewal date itself i had spoken to cs team, explained that my subscription only started in mar 2018 and requested extension of the current subscription till mar 2019 and they verified the details and said they will escalate it for extension but it's been over a month now without the daily newspaper and all my calls and emails to cs team are not yielding any results.

I request you to kindly address it on priority and resolve it at the earliest.

Thanks and regards,
                      S. Krishnamurthy
                      Nov 19, 2018

Nov 26, 2018
                      Updated by YJoseph
                      No update for a week now? Do you have a deadline of when to expect an update or resolution?

I had cancelled my subscription and requested refund few months back. They customer service team keep saying that there will be a call back from hindu and refund will come in 2 weeks. But nothing had happened. I have requested many times. I have sent my account details also to customer care email. But still no response. Always they say, we will get back in 2 days. I have subscribed in online. I think it is better to go thru local agent that online.
                        My registered mobile number is [protected]
                        Nov 17, 2018

Name: yogeendran i p, mob no: [protected], subscriber id: [protected]
                          I had renewed my subscription for the hindu daily...