Birla Sun Life Complaints & Reviews

3.1
Last updated Jul 28, 2022

File a complaint to Birla Sun Life

Having problems with Birla Sun Life?

File a complaint and get it resolved by Birla Sun Life customer care. It’s quick effective and absolutely free!

Birla Sun Life

Birla Sun Life Website

Birla Sun Life Head Office Address

One India Bulls Centre , Tower-1, 17th Floor, Jupiter Mill Compound, 841, Senapati Bapat Marg, Elphinstone Road, 3.
Mumbai City District

Birla Sun Life Phone Numbers

Toll free
1-800-2707000

Fax

Birla Sun Life reviews & complaints page 9

I went to Birla Sunlife office, Asansol, WB branch for surrendering my two policies (policy no[protected] and[protected] on 19th May 2015. I was told that because of the link failure in the branch, the policy cannot be surrendered and advised me to come back tomorrow. The next day on 20th May 2015, I was told the same thing by the officials responsible for taking policy surrender request. So, I visited again the branch on 21st May 2015 for...

I have changed my mode of premium frequency from Annual to Semi-Annual in the month of Jan'2015. After I changed the mode from Online Website I got a successful mail from BrilSunLife saying the change in payment frequency has been received and will process soon. This change is not yet reflected and my premium due date is about come. I have changed the mode again two days back and I got a Mail saying the same. But still the mode change is not yet happened. I have tried calling Customer Care and I was unable to reach Customer Executive. Request you to please help me in changing the frequency.
Birla Sun Life customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

MY NAME IS ANIL YASHWANT SHIVALKAR...I HAD COMPLAINT AGAINST BIRLA SUN LIFE INSURANCE AND THEIR STAFF WHO HARRASE ME... I M PROVIDING U MY 2 INSURANCE POLICY NUMBER"S [protected] APARNA ANIL SHIVALKAR [protected] ANIL YASHWANT SHIVALKAR I HAD TAKEN THIS POLICY FROM AGENT AND I HAD VERIFY ALL CONDITION AND THEN SIGN IT...AND AFTER THAT I HAD RECIVED CALL FROM COMPANY THAT THIS POLICY U HAD TAKEN FROM AGENT...AND LARGE PROFIT IS GOING TO AGENT POCKET...AND THEN I ASKED COMPANY WHAT I SHOULD DO TO AVOIDE MY LOSS...THEY TOLD ME THAT U HAVE TO CONVERT THIS POLICY DIRECTLY TO OUR COMPANY...AND I HAD FOLLOW THEM AS PER THEIR WORD...NOW I WANT TO STOP MY POLICY AND I WANT MONEY BACK...THEN THE OFFICER WHICH I MET BIRLA SUN LIFE...THAT OFFICER TOLD ME...IF THIS POICY WILL STOPPED U HAVE TO TAKE 1 MORE POICY U CAN"T DIRECTLY STOPPED ALL POICY...OR U WANT TO STOP I WILL HELP U ...BRING ME SOME POICYHOLDER...THEN I WILL DO SOMETHING... I M A CENTRAL GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEE...I M DOING MY WORK...WHY I SHOULD GIVE THEM HOLDER...WHEN I WANT MY MONEY BACK THAT TIME WHEN I HAD SIGNED ALL DOCUMENT THAT TIME THEY DOES NOT TELL ME BRING SOME MEMBER THEN ONLY I WILL GIVE U... I M REQUESTING TO U PLZ GIVE MY MONEY OF TWO POLICY OF RS 40000...WHICH WAS ACCORDING TO THE POICY THIS IS MY MOBILE NUMBER [protected] [protected]
    NO CALL I HAD RECIVED FROM BIRLA SUN LIFE INSURANCE...PLZ HELP ME
    today is 25/06/2015...two days onward i m receiving call from deepak rawat Birla sun life insurance executior or office but he is part of company...he had call me when i had registered the complaint in sumer complaint...and he had given me the hope and assurance that u will get money in u r a/c today itself at 1.00 pm

he had told me yesterday that u will get u r money back into u r a/c and told me that both policy a, ount is 84000 u will get...and u had to pay tds...that was amount of rs 8792 to COMPANY C/A...IN IDBI BAN A/C...WHEN WE WILL RECEIVE U R TDS THEN WE WILL PROCED U R AMOUNT...AND HE TOLD THAT U WILL GET CERTIFICATE OF TDS WITH IN 1 WEEK...AND U WILL WITHDRAW U R AMOUNT AFTER APRIL THE TDS AMOUNT OF RS 8792

I HAD CHECKED MY INSURANCE AMOUNT OF RS 84000..WAS NOT CREDITED INTO MY A/C I HAD CHECKED 4 TIMES AT 1.00PM WHICH WAS TOLD TO ME AND AGAIN AT 5.00PM

THE EXECUTIOR NAME IS DEEPAK RAWAT...AND HIS COMPANY MOBILE NUMBER IS [protected]...I HAD PAID T.D.S AMOUNT AS PER HIS WORD WHICH WAS TO BE PAID...AND AFTER THAT HE HAS NOT CREDITED MY MONEY INTO MY BANK A/C
    Earlier i had given complaint to cosumer forum complaint regarding
    Birla sun life insurance. . .

That money is not given to me. . . And consumer forum has registered my complaintbirla sun life complaint status update [id: 1090546]

On monday i had recived call from consumer forum. . . That u have registered complaint to birla sun life insurancewe
    Are giving u r money. . . And u have to pay t. D. S o[censored] r both poilcy

. . . And that tds was 8792. . . Of whole. . . And later than next day told me
    That u have to pay interest charge that u will get back return in next
    Day that was rs 7565. . .

I had acknowledgement that i had paid rs 16357 to birla sun life
    Insurance. . .
    . I m requesting to u plz investigate in this matter and give
    My policy amount to me and this amount of rs 16357deatail of that person [protected]
    Earlier i had given complaint to cosumer forum complaint regarding
    Birla sun life insurance. . .

That money is not given to me. . .

And consumer forum has registered my complaintbirla sun life complaint status update [id: 1090546]on

Monday i had recived call from consumer forum. . . That u have registered complaint to birla sun life insurancewe

Are giving u r money. . . And u have to pay t. D. S o[censored] r both poilcy

. . . And that tds was 8792. . . Of whole. . . And later than next day told me

That u have to pay interest charge that u will get back return in next
    Day that was rs 7565. . . Total i had paid rs 16357 to c / a of this idbi a / cdeepak rawat idbi a / c[protected]

Had acknowledgement that i had paid rs 16357 to birla sun life
    Insurance. . .

I m requesting to u plz investigate in this matter and give

My policy amount to me and this amount of rs 16357deatail of that person[protected]

I have a consumer of birla sunlife for last 4 years.I have 4 insurance policy. I requested to birla sunlifecustomer care again and again for my deposit receipt on my mail for tax purposes but till the time they have no action & also requested him to change my old mobile number but no reply. So please suggest me what to do.
      Birla Sun Life customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

Dear Birla Sun Life Insurance Manager, despite of calling and sending email to customer care not no result. I have applied for Loan over my Life Insurance Policy worth 5Lacks on 23rd May 2015 at your Marine Lines, Kalbadevi, Mumbai branch office. I came along with my husband and personally submitted the application. I had been informed that the process will take maximum 10 days and it will be processed automatically. Now its more than 15 days. There is no call or status update or information about the application status from the customer care or respective branch. Is this the kind of service and support being delivered at your branches ? Am I investing money and trust with the right company.? We take Loan for urgent matters. But if not delivered as per expected date then its a waste of time and effort both. Request you to please take this matter seriously and provide me the status and reason of delay..and the expected disbursement of the amount in my Bank Account. Thank you, Archana Thakur Policy No.[protected]
        Birla Sun Life customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

Respected Sir/Madam my mother (Mrs Manjit kaur Rana) owns policy no.[protected]. She has received letter dated april 10, 2015 alongwith cheque of Rs 3493.63. In reference to that i called up your customer care number on april 20, 2015 and talked to Mr Preshit that we have got the cheque and he said policy is terminated as one premium installment is not paid in Feb 2013. Then i talked to his senior Mr Dharam and explained that we have given ECS (auto debit) permission for the payment of premium and my mother's account was having sufficient balance. if installment is not deducted it is not the fault of customer. My mother has not got any information regarding that. Further after that till date (For more than two years since feb 2013, all premiums are regularly deducted till date.I am having documentary evidence of all the instalments deducted by you after feb 2013. it is really strange that on what basis you can terminate the policy and send the cheque of Rs 3493.63. Mr Dharam assured that he will call back in five working days with complete details. Now it is more than one and half month, i have not got any response from your side. Such kind of harassment is not expected from a big organisation like yours. i hope you will get the matter resolved at the earliest. Dr Harleen Kaur [protected]
          Birla Sun Life customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

All members are fully cheat. Cheat ker k policy kervane se achcha h road per khde hoker ya mandir k bhar baith ker bheek mang lo sab k sab saalo Jeb policy kervani hoti teb to bhut phone ker k apni maa bhen Ek ker ate ho bhen ka lund free ka paisa h kya. Jo gaand merva ye tum se me case ker rha hu tumhari company k upper ghanta company saali.
            Birla Sun Life customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

folio no[protected] Many times applied for bank details change and many times required documents submitted and all the times rejected on one pretext or other. I complained to customers care many times via e mail but only through telephone they contact and provide insufficient reason to reject I asked them to reply via email which u recieved but they never reply through e mail, I submitted all documents but problem is unresolved and they have very irresponsible ill informed and illogical customer care service
              May 29, 2015
              Birla Sun Life Customer Care's response
              Dear Mr. Naveen, We regret the inconvenience caused to you and understand that our representative got in touch with you and addressed your concern. The team will keep you posted on the further updates.

Pooja Verma and Manish Mittal are the two biggest fraudsters in New Delhi. We received numerous calls from them to purchase policies and then they assured us with a very lucrative amount i will be getting within 90 days. Expose this frauds. Three other names who claimed to work at IRDA:- Akash agarwal, Dharamraj, Ankit Rana.
                Birla Sun Life customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

Dear sir/ mam My self Dr Priyabrata Pattanaik from Bhubaneswar my family has 3 policies in your organization. one of the policy no is[protected] is in the name of Ms Priyadershini Pattanaik which is going to mature in dec 2015. due to urgency we wnat to withdraw this. so we contact MrGhanasham Panda. But he is totally misguide and told that our total money will not be able to refund. also misbehave. please do immediate action otherwise i will go to consumer court.also let me know. with regards, Dr Priyabrata Pattanaik
                  Birla Sun Life customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

Myself, ranganathan Iyer, I have 2 policy of Birla BSLI Vision Plan, when i invested 15000/- yearly. i was told that you can pay til 3 years, and later you will get min amt invested say 45000/-. I have taken policy and regulary paying the premium for 3 years. Now as i needed the money, and wanted to redeem. your customer care said, you will only get 8000/- whereas i invested min 45000/- and will get only 8000/- means you will enjoy balance 36000/-.. it is wrong on your part. My foloi no is[protected], a which i nedded to redeem, if this the case, iwish to redeem other also. DONT CHEAT SUCH CUSTOMERS.. KINDLY HELP. if required also remove my other policy and stop this and redeem my amount completely from my other policy..[protected].. KINDLY REDEEM MY AMOUNT OF MY ENTIRE POLICY AND HELP
                    Birla Sun Life customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

This is for other customers to know the experience i am having with BSLI, Flexi Life Line policy. For the past 3 months I have been trying to surrender the documents to BSLI. They keep dodging me every time for 3 months.. - they delayed 2 weeks after surrendering, asking for signature reverification - after submtting signature forms, they wanted me to resubmit surrender form - after 2 weeks, they want me to resubmit surrender document. We did that in person in Chennai. - After another 2 weeks, their custoemr service department says they cant find the form, according to them this never submitted. - My father in law visited the office again, the branch office says they dont have voided cheques that i gave them originally and they want us to resend it In the process, I have missed my loan payments, i have also missed the deadline to pay for my new home purchase etc., Their customer service does not care for the customers pains, no one seems accountable in the branch office to resolve the issues for the customer. Their focus seems to be to delay the process as much as they can so they dont have to return more than Rs 10 lakhs with them...seems very unfair that a large financial institution with a big name like Birla would resort to such tactics. Since March 2015 till date (May 20, 2015) i havent got my money back...still they want us to keep submitting documents again and again... Such a pain!!
                      Birla Sun Life customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

sir i was planning to invest as FD in birla sunlife so i have contacted through net. after that i started getting lot of ca lls from your company i got frustrated soo one fine day one gentelmn named vinod agarwal mobile no on which is stored on my mobile [protected] this person made all arangment of getting form filled up and one mr Mahajan from accounts department[protected]landline) also assured me that i will get FD receipt as well insurance upto 5 lacks covering entire family . since both of them are taliking to me regularly i was not aware that they are going to cheat me to get large commission . i have invested 1.5 lakhs but certificate i have received is yearly premium of 1.5 lakhs which is not possible for me to pay. Vinod agarwal has promised me that i will get cerificate which he has promised in month of may now his mobile is ringing but not lifting phone also landline services are disconnected . any way they have made me fool for 1.5 lakhs using birla sunlife name. can you help me in this ?
                        Birla Sun Life customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

I am sharad mahajan from nashik road, Mr. Avinash kapoor and mrs. pooja sharma who is working in birlasun life insuarance company limited hyderabad. They had told me (by phone calls), your fathers policy (death claim) amount will be delivered within 90 days, So you have to open three policys for the death claim amount And your policys amount will be refund 1st policy for death claim amount (Birlasunlife insuarance policy) policy no. is[protected] 2nd policy for Pention amount (Reliance insuarance policy) 3rd policy for Income tax amount (Aegone religare insuarance policy) So i had open three policysAnd the amount of this three policys is 1, 71, 600 rupees. After that mr. avinash kapoor said, you have to cancel these two policy (Reliance and Aegone religare ), Because your work in Direct login process And the amount of policy should be deposite in this account number (Account number is [protected]) this is the central bank of india account number This is Manish Sah account who is work in central bank of india So, i canceled two policys (Reliance and Aegone religare) And deposit the amount in that account number After that they gave me death claim file number (file number is 629601) After that, They had told me your ( fathers death claim) amount and your policys amount will be delivered within 90 days, After that those peoples have been swittched off their mobiles They have fraud with me, So, I request you please inquiry those peoples and get me justice as soon as possible Those peoples address and mobile number is given below Avinash kapoor :- mobile number is [protected] And [protected] employ code is :- IBDH 03598633 address is :- May fair complex 4th floor, Birla sun life company limited, near vodafone store, sardar patel road, hyderabad 500 003 And company telephone number is [protected] +[protected] pooja sharma :- mobile number is [protected] employ code number is :- IBDM[protected] Manish sah Account number is [protected] (Central bank of india) You can find them By mobile numbers (sim card) By employ code number By company telephone number By address Or By account number I hope you will justice with me and get me my money return as soon as possibleI am waiting for your replay Thank you. My name is Sharad narayan mahajan My address is plot number 74, Ashwini colony, near engi. College, samangoan road, nashik road, nashik 422101 My mobile number is [protected]
                          Birla Sun Life customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

BIRLA SUN LIFE REG-CANCELLATION OF MY AGENCY NO.5932329 WITH REF TO THE ABOVE HAVE REQUESTED U MANY TIMES TO CANCELL MY AGENCY SO THAT I COULD BE ABLE TO RENEW MY AGENCY FROM NEW INDIA ASSU CO LTD I HAD SUBMITTED DOCUMENT OF RENEWAL OF NON LIFE AGENCY TO THE BRANCH OFFICE OF THE NEW INDIA . CO. LTD. DATED. 12/08/2011/- WITH FULL NECESSERY DOCUMENTS WHICH WAS REQUIRED FOR RENEWAL OF AGENCY LICENSE NO. 4607234 WHICH WAS EXPIRED ON DT. 17/09/2011.AFTER THAT THE CO..ON DT. 04/11/2011 THE CO. INFORMED ME THAT YOU ALSO HAVE LICENSE NO. 5932329 OF LIFE INSURANCE.THEY HAVE APPRISED US THAT FIRST, THE SAID AGENCY OF NON LIFE WILL BE APPROVED BY BIRLA SUN LIFE INSURANCE CO. LTD. FOR COMPOSITE. I APPROACHED MANY TIMES &SEND MY DOCUMENTS TO BIRLA SUN LIFE INSURANCE CO. LTD. AT MALL ROAD, BATHINDA BUT THEY CANNOT RECEIVED OR DO MY WORK.EVEN I MAIL THE LETTER SEND BY DIVISONAL OFFICE ASKING LICENSE APPROVED FOR COMPOSITE TO MR.KAPIL KUMAR TO E-MAIL ID [protected]@birlasunlife.com POSTING IN BATHINDA BRANCH OF BIRLA SUN LIFE INS. CO.LTD.THEIR BRANCH MANAGER MR. MANISH SHARMA & ALL STAFF REFUSED DO MY WORK & SAID THIS WAS NOT THEIR WORK.AFTER LONG TIME & UNRESULTED PROCEDURE I AM FORCED TO COMPLAINT IT. MY PREVIOUS COMPLAINT TOKEN NO. BSLI-P[protected] I HAD SUBMITTED MY DOCUMENTS 1 MONTH BEFORE RENEWAL.TILL NOW MY LICENSE WAS NOT RENEWED & MY COMMISSION WAS NOT RELEASED BY THE NEW INDIA ASSURANCE CO. LTD., BRANCH OFFICE OF LAST 5 MONTHS AS THEIR WAS VERY POOR RESPONSE & SERVICE BY BIRLA SUN LIFE INSURANCE CO.LTD. AFTER REPEATED REMINDERS FROM ME AND NEW INDIA s AGENT OFFICERS NO RESPONSE WAS GIVEN .THEN I REQUESTED YOU TO CANCEL MY AGENCY BUT TILL DATE NO ACTION HAS BEEN TAKEN FROM YOUR SIDE. I HAVE LIMITED SOURCE OF INCOME i.e. Commission.PLEASE TAKE ANY ACTION TO CANCEL MY AGENCY SO THAT I CAN RENEW MY AGENCY FROM NEW INDIA ASSU CO LTD OTHERWISE I WILL BE FORCED TO PUT THIS MATTER TO INSURANCE OMBUDSMAN OR CONSUMER COURT.THIS IS THE LAST EVER REMINDER FROM MY SIDE. I HAVE SHOCKED TO WATCH THAT NO MANAGEMENT PUT EFFORTS ON THEIR BEHALF FOR MY ISSUE.AFTER SO MANY REMINDER I ONCE AGAIN REQUEST U TO KINDLY LOOK INTO THE MATTER Regards Munish Kumar ADVISOR
                            Birla Sun Life customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

I had given a complaint for my policy no: on[protected]. I have attached the email snapshot of the complaint that I have sent to [protected]@birlasunlife.com. Reference to that email I received a call from Birla Sun Life executive and he assured me that my complaint will be resolved and I shall get a refund of my policy with interest. He explained me a process that I need to do in-order to get my policy (xxxxxxxx) refund amount. He told me that I need to take a new policy (xxxxxxxxxx) of Rs.30, 000/- which will get discontinue once my previous policy amount is refunded to me and this 30000 rupees will also be refunded with interest. So i agreed and followed the process. And this policy was issued to me on 31/10/2014. He then told me that I will receive a NOC certificate from IRDA which I need to sign and return them, and after that my amount will be refunded to my bank account. In the first week on January he informed me that a courier company tried delivering the NOC certificate but there was no one at my residence so the certificate was returned. After that he told me that there was an additional bonus that I was going to receive from biral sun life with my refund amount. To claim that bonus I need to take an additional policy of 45, 000 rupees. I denied taking a new policy and I informed him that I was not interested in the bonus amount; I just wanted the actual amount that I had paid for my policies. Later on he told me that he spoke to the fund department and they told him that ask the client to just do the documentation for the policy and they will not represent my cheque in the bank. He told me that now just i have to provide the documents and a cheque of Rs.20000/- which will not be presented in my bank and if they are presenting in my bank then I have to stop the payment for that cheque. I followed the process and gave the documents and a cheque of Rs.20000/- dated[protected]. I had given an application of stop payment against the cheque and this cheque was presented in my bank and it was returned from my bank. Now I am trying to get in touch with the executive and he is neither picking up my call nor he his calling me back. I think he has cheated me and was just cross selling the policies. But how can he get the confidential data of my complaint that i have logged on birla sun life email. I want the company to take a strict action against him and stop all my policies and refund me the amount that I have paid to the company. This was the 2nd time I have been given wrong information and commitment from birla sun life.
                              Birla Sun Life customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

Sir i have a policy no.[protected] with your compny. In jan. i got call from your age Aman verma whose agent code is k 5260. He told me that my policy is converted in golden customer plan and aaked me for 26000. Rs check wich i givn to compny name posted to jamshedpur office. After that in march your fund department again called me and asked for 32000 rs for TDS and told me that my 243000 rs will be refunded in my account in the 1st week of april. Now in april again your fund department called me for TDS 30000 rs. I told i have already paid it than they told me that was by againt mistake my tds was not fullfil.sir i have the no. By which i got calls please do something for my hard sweating money. Application no. For my tds was B12398999.. which was given by fund department to me. Please take action .

Birla Sun Life — non-payment of redemption proceeds

Sir, My Birla Sun life Mutual fund FMP has matured on 6th April 2015 under folio no. [protected]. Till today, 16th Apri2015 I have not received redemption amount. The toll free number of the company just does not connect me to operator even after waiting for 1 hour on line. Please advise what action I should take against this irresponsible mutual fund? Regards Sundar Ram Madduri...

Date: 11.04.2015 To, The Branch Manager, Birla Sun Life Insurance. Anakapalli, Andrapradesh. Dear Sir, I the undersigned Chappa Kishore taken a policy in my name bearing no.[protected] dated 17.05.2010 from one of the advisor / agent Ms. Kumari for Rs.1, 00, 000/-. At the time of taking policy I did not get much information about the policy and its terms & conditions. As told by Ms. Kumari that it is a onetime policy & not a continuous policy so I have taken the policy as it is one time policy. Due to my personal commitments & needs I went you to your office at vishakapatannam on 30.03.2015 to surrender the policy, after reaching the office I came to know by your staff people that this policy is continuous policy for 07 year policy and minimum 03 years premium to be paid, and now they are telling that this policy has expired / lapsed and I will not be getting any amount of it. I was shocked to hear about it that I have invested Rs.1, 00, 000/- and now they are telling that it has been lapsed and I will not be getting any amount from it, but for your kind information as of now I have never received any communication (writer / verbal) from your end unless myself reached your office, if any information received I would have continued the policy. I once would like to tell you that it is purely laps of information provided by your advisor / agent Ms. Kumari to me and now also iam trying to contact her but the mobile provide in the policy is not exixting[protected] Now I kindly request you to help me in this regards and regularize the said policy. Your early response / reply in this regards is highly appreciated. Chappa Kishore [protected]
                                  Birla Sun Life customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

Dear sir, Pls note i have applied for the term insurance vide application number"OS0020702" and have made the payment twice by mistake. The amount has been credited in the account of birla sunlife and have recieved the following reciept against both the payments. "[protected] "dated Insurance Advisor: 002465 TPD Direct Marketing Channel Date: 16/03/2015 14:41 "[protected]" Insurance Advisor: 002465 TPD Direct Marketing Channel Date:...