Birla Sun Life Complaints & Reviews

3.2
Last updated Nov 2, 2021
Profile

File a complaint to Birla Sun Life

Having problems with Birla Sun Life?

File a complaint and get it resolved by Birla Sun Life customer care. It’s quick effective and absolutely free!

Birla Sun Life reviews & complaints (528)

Dear Sir, Thanks once again for your reply and doing the need full.The correction in KYC are found to be correct to a great extent. Few anomalies still noticed by me are being reflected over here for necessary corrections in your records. My Present Land Line No.:[protected] Mobile No. : [protected] In addition to above I would also like to point out some thing very impotent pertaining to dividend of the said fund which could not reach to me due to changing of my residence. You are requested to kindly verify your bank account before doing the need full. Under mentioned dividends could not reach to me: 24th May 2014 7.2 1093.82 18th May 2013 4.0 607.68 26th May 2012 4.0 607.68 5th Feb 2011 4.5 683.64 07th Aug 2010 7.0 1063.43 It will not be out of place to mention here that reply for my earlier two E mails with the same request is still awaited. You will appreciate that being a senior citizen constant and active follow up is slightly difficult for me. I once again request you to take up this issue with concern section at the earliest. Thanks & regards V.D.SHARMA Follio No. [protected]
Birla Sun Life customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

I said i do not want to take a policy of birla since long i am getting continuous call from different numbers. I am submitting one of the numbers : [protected]. Unnecessarily calling even though i have informed them i do not want to invest in birla sun life. Talking vulgarly with bad words for customer care. My phone no. is [protected]
    Jul 15, 2014
    Updated by Comp15072014

Dear Sir, My Name is Preeti Bhargava and i am writing this complaint on behalf of my Parents, Mrs Neeru Bhargava and Mr Arun Singh Bhargava. One Miss Simran Arora from the Barakhamba Branch ( New Delhi) called up my parents from mobile number [protected] and gave false claims saying she is calling on behalf of IRDA and tricked them into buying fowling 2 policies : Policy 1 [protected] : 19 March 2014 -Amount : 23000 It was later confirmed that it was cancelled under cancellation # : M94144292R Policy 2 [protected] : 15 May 2014 - Amount 21000 Cancelled under Cancellation Code # INC52018 No money has yet been received for the above policies and now we are unable to trace Miss Simran Arora. Request you to look into this matter urgently and let us know the status of these policies . We tried contacting the Office through phone however was told that no Simran Arora works theer any more . Such incidents tarnish the credibility of a company and i hope we will be given full support to look into this matter Regards, Preeti Bhargava [protected]
      Birla Sun Life customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

2 Days ago one guy from number [protected] called me and said he is Insurance Agent of Birla Sun Life and told me that he has very good investment plan for me. I said I do not want to invest in insurance as I already have insurance of LIC and ICICI. Then today he called me again and said give me details of LIC and ICICI policies you purchased. I denied to give information so he started shouting and said "Tumhari vaat laga dunga. ab incometax ki raid hogi tere ghar." Also abused me very badly.

Birla Sun Life — Claim reimbursement

I have taken BSLI vision plan with hospital care rider which covers your hospital expenses of sum assured Rs 150000. In this...

I wish to draw your kind attention towards sympathetic attention:-

1. That I made a Policy No.[protected] on 07.12.2011 of M/s Birla Sunlife Insurance Company Ltd., (photocopy of receipt enclosed) in my name through M/s Probus Insurance Broker Ltd.,

2. That the then Business Development Manager of the Company having Mobile No. [protected] (photocopy his Visiting Card enclosed) sent two person Mr. Dinesh and Mr. Aman (Mobile NO. [protected]) Office Tel NO.[protected] and persuaded me to get the insurance of your company by luring so many benefits stating that this is one time deposit and you will get double by three years, and covered by the insurance etc.

3. That after luring me I have done payment of Rs.50, 000/- vide Cheque NO. 315450 dt 2.12.11 and the same has been confirmed in company’s letter. (Photocopy enclosed)

4. That after three year i.e on 13.6.14 I visited the office of your Company at SCO No. 226-227, IInd floor, Sector 34, Chandigarh for surrender the policy. Further waiting for one hour Mr. Gaurav Operation Executive having ( Mobile N0.[protected]) informed me that this is a 20 years Plan Policy and refund cannot be done at any cost.

5. After that I approached Mr. Gaurav to give the name of Head of the company at Chandigarh as I intend to meet him personally. He gave the name of the Head Mr. Mudit Kapoor but he refused to give the number of head stating that this is a secret number and I am not allowed to give the mobile number of our head as well as meeting with the head as per guidelines of the company.

6. After that Mr. Sukhwinder (not disclosed his number. and designation) advised that your Ist installment of Rs.-50, 000/- so due has elapsed and cannot be refunded at any cost.

In view of the above I m not able to continue with the policy and request the company to refund me Rs.50, 000/- along with interest within 10 days failing which I will move in the Consumer Court for natural justice.

Yours faithfully,

[SHASHI JOSHI]
          House No. 834, Sector 49-A,
          Chandigarh.
          Mobile NO. [protected]
          Email: [protected]@rediffmail.com
          Birla Sun Life customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
          we have revamped our customer servicing and would love to hear from you .. please connect with us on

I am K.Murali (my mobile number is [protected]) and held an insurance policy in Birla sunlife insurance (policy number is[protected] by connecting my citibank account. I have paid nearly 54000 thousand for three years time. It is about to be terminated by 28th June 2014. 20 days I received a message in my mobile number from birla sun life insurance requesting to submit pre-cancelled cheque and id proof at the nearest birla sunlife insurance branch. I went to adyar and enquired. They gave me the contact number of the branch and they told that they would be providing me the fund value of the policy. When I contacted the number of the branch, initially they told me that they would be providing me the fund value and they asked me to give them call atleast ten times but all went in vein. No response there after on my continuous call. Please guide me the ways to get my money.

Dear Sir / Madam, This is in regards to one of the policy which i've taken in the year 2012, the policy no is[protected] and at the time of enrolment the executive told me about the flexibility of this policy and in that 1 point he mentioned was that the policy can be withdrawn at any point of time whenever i'me in need of money. Now when i paid premiums for 2 years and i'm in need of money Birla sunlife people came with a new funda where they say there is a lockin period of 5 years, when i further enquired again Birla sunlife people came with a new funda where they say i've not applied for free look option. they are cheating me from day one now i want my money back, i'm ready to pay whatever the cancellation charges are there but i need my money. Kindly help THanks, Kapil Dubey [protected] [protected]@gmail.com
              Birla Sun Life customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
              Till now no one replied me about my refund...
              this is my hard earned income... birla sunlife take action dont sleep

REGARDING BIRLASUN LIFE BOND POLICY NO--006032928

NOT RECIEVED BIRLA SUN LIFE POLICY BOND FROM 2013 TO TILL TODAY, WAITING, MANY COMPLAINT AND REMINDER HAS GIVEN TO COMPANY SO PLEASE HELP----BALKISHAN TIWARI

I, Shantilal Rambhia, had taken an insurance policy from Birla Sun Life couple of months back (policy number[protected]. Since the day I had taken this policy, I am not satisfied with the overall service that has been provided to me. I have faced 3 main issues so far; a) I have only received welcome kit (1st level of documentation). I was informed by the Birla Sun Life employee who had sold this policy to me that 10 days after welcome kit, I would be receiving the actual documents, which I have not received till date. It has been nearly 2 months and nothing is available with me. I am following up with that person, but he is giving me all the reasons in the world. b) The welcome kit states completely different things than what was mentioned to me at the time of selling the policy. Again, the employee who had sold this to me has informed that 2nd level of documentation would contain the details as per what was explained to me. It seems to me that the employee has fooled me for selling this policy and lied all the way just to ensure he gets his commission etc. c) I have raised 2 complaints so far by calling the customer care number (complaint numbers are[protected] and[protected], but I have not received satisfactory responses for any of them yet I am a senior citizen and would not be able to follow-up and fight more on this and hence would want to cancel this policy ASAP. I want to request you to help me on 1 thing. If you can, could you please help me cancel this policy and get me all my hard earned money back ? Also, if possible, please pass this email to your seniors so that they also come to know the issues being faced by the clients on actual grass root level. Regards, Shantilal Rambhia [protected] / [protected]

To,
                  Birlasunlife Insurance coltd
                  Compliance Department
                  Subject:- suspended of my code bh6264,
                  Dear Madam,
                  I Varun Nayak having code inbsli from 18th jan 2013, I would like to inform you that I have nottaken a fresh licence from birla sunlife it was the transferred from the kotaklife insurance were I was having the licence from 25/08/2011, during the periodof my employment with robinhood, I wasthe advisor, at that time why there was no objection done on me, and once I transferred my code to birla, forwhich also I have resigned from kotak on 21st june 2012, and theytransferred my code to birla on 18/01/2013, after which my salary was paid tome late, and also I have approached my personal market and closed all thepolicies, you are requested to call my each and every client where I haveshowns my birla id and visiting card and has convienced each and every clientto take the policy,
                  I have not cheated any ofthe person, and as per the robinhood, I have asked them they are telling methat they have made the complaint in the month of march so why there was delayin termination of my code, why the commission was not released on 29 august2013, as in your record my code was terminated on 3rd September2013, why the payout was not made to me, which was almost 50, 000/- till lastpayout, and also almost 12000 per month for every years of my renewal, no other company makes the hold for thefreelook period till 30days, as I have already qualified for the RM club…. Youtreat such advisor in this manner… that you hold my income without explanationfrom my side, reason because of complaint… if this so, I request you to pleasecancel all the policy which I have sourced from my market, as you have hold myearning for which I used to work full time from morning 9 till evening 9, evenyour manager are not working so much, if you find any of the information falseI am ready to take any type of penalty from your side,

As I know I am common man, hard working person, I sell the policy after pitching all the details and allthe information later on I take the policy and also I am person who look afterthe sale service part very well once the policy document reachs the client, Igo and explain each and every point given in the policy documents, that meansthe policy holder should be satisfied, and will not cancel the policy, and willcontinue this till the long term, and I should be also benefited for it… butfor my work… and service…..

As looking at all the pointof above I don’t think that I have done any wrong thing, because I was lookingfor the job, where my income for the lifetime should be there, as this thinghas demotivated me and I am not be able to survive at this stage,

Last but not least I am aadvisor, and I was working in kotak, andshifted to birla, being working, and they should not have any objection from mypersonal code, where I can challenge you please check each and every employeeof robinhoods pan card in irda portal where you will come to know the tie up ofevery employee. As I have left theRobinhood, in the month of march. Is the reason of my complaint… but I don’tthink that I am wrong… and I did not sold any policy to robinhood client, asthere is recording system and security checking and camera where we cannot takeany number and data sheet outside the office, as I have hand over all the datato robinhood to nasita madam, while leaving, as I am telecaller and I knowproduct very well with each and every details, for which they are angry as theydon’t want to loose me, as I was the good asset to them, but looking at myfuture I have resigned, and I joinedbirla in order to grow my self… I can provide all the clients letter statingthat they know me from birla not from any other company…

Hope my code gets againactivated as I am not able to login 1 lakh of premium, until you come to thefinal decision please release my earning, and I will also loggin as this iscruiel month very vision plan is going to be closed, hence I would request youto start my code, and release my commission, where I will also be benefited andI am asking for my money only not that company is doing any favour on me,

Thanks and Regards
                  Varun Nayak
                  [protected].

Dear Sir/Mam Please find the reference for BIRLA SUN LIFE INS Policy No #[protected] which policy holder is Someone Like Mr. Kamlesh and registered mobile no is wrong ; the register mobile no is mine who have no connection with Kamlesh and does not know any Mr.Kamlesh. I have complained about this to customer care department .They do not correct this no. Am still receiving messages/call. So this is humbly requested to please delete the mobile no [protected] from the policy no #[protected] Looking Forward from your side Thanking You Vipul Tiwari [protected] Me have Complaint 5th time regarding this matter.The Detail of the complain given below to : gurvinder.[protected]@birlasunlife.com [protected]@irda.gov.in on 6 march 21 march.and they replied that number has been deleted but recently on 21/05/2014 at 10:08:00 AM me have recived message
                    Birla Sun Life customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

I have got a call on date 28.02.2013 from Uniwealth insurance brokers put ltd Delhi by Arjun saxena/Kanishk Sharma (ph-[protected], [protected]) offering me that by taking Birla sun life Insurance policy of worth Rs 200000/- and I was promised that by taking this policy I would be eligible of getting loan of Rs 2000000/-.this was confirmed by Vikas mathur and Pooja (ph[protected] ). By keeping in mind positive points of policy I took Birla sun life insurance policy one lack each (policy no.[protected], policy no.[protected]. Now Arjun saxena asked me to courier my original policy papers along with cancelled check on given address (HDFC Uni wealth Insurance pvt ltd, 2nd floor, 13/1091, block #B, Hardihian Singh Road, Naiwala karol Bhag New Delhi 110005). So on dated 5.03.2013 I sent my original policy paper on given address. After that Arjun Saxena asked me to deposit Rs 60000/- in their name of medical on the given account number (1. Dr Rishi Taneja HDFC Ac no. [protected], 2. Sandesh Kumar SBI ac no. [protected]) which I have deposited. Now I was told within 10 days loan would be sanction of Rs 2000000/- deposited on my account. Since it has been 5 month till now there has been no contact with Arjun Saxena, Pooja, and Vikas Mathur. My no loan has been sanction and no amount has been refunded to me also i have not received my original policy papers. I have also tried to cancel my both the policy of Birla sun life insurance Bhopal branch, they have ignored to cancel it. I am helpless so i am planning to complaint it to IRDA and INSURANCE OMBUSMAN (Bima Lokpal) under RGP rule1998. Due to this I have lost my financial condition and I am in big trouble. I have betrayed by Arjun Saxena, Pooja, and Vikas Mathur. Because of them I am in big loss finally.Now, I am not able to pay the next premium. So, please can you tell any solution for this problem as I am not able to pay the amount and this is really a big trouble for me. Please cancel my policy and refund my money back.
                      I am continuously sending e-mails to Birla sunlife insurance company about my problems for cancelling the policy but they have refused to cancel the policy.
                      REF. NO.[protected]
                      IRDA TOKKEN NO.[protected]

Please make your opinion on this

Regards Dharmendra Singh Rajput
                      62/9-B, Saket Nagar,
                      Bhopal (M.P)
                      462024
                      Phone [protected]
                      E-Mail address: [protected]@gmail.com.
                      THE COMPANY HAS NOT TAKEN ANY ACTION AS THE UNIWEALTH BROKER PEOPLE HAVE CHEATED ME AND BIRLA SUN LIFE INSURANCE HAVE NOT TOLD ME ABOUT THE FREELOOK PERIOD IF 15 DAYS. THEY HAVE NOT INFORMED ME ABOUT THAT. THE EMAIL ID IS- BSLI.costomer [email protected] THE PHONE NO. I HAVE WRITTEN IN THE COMPLAINT.

Sub: Complaint regarding inappropriate service and harassment.

Ref: Policy No.0191532.

I am the policy holder of the above referred policy number and I am paying the yearly premium for the past 10 years of Rs.1, 27, 188/-

Recently, I faced the following problems, related to service from Birla Sun life Insurance.

1. 1. I am not getting yearly renewal notice from the company.

2. 2. The company branch has relocated from Shaikpet to Darga, no intimation was received regarding change of address.

3. 3. Your agent Mr.Murthi is not having any communication for the last 7 years.

Further, my representative Mr.Surender Kumar Jindal faced lot of harassment when he went to deposit the cheque towards the yearly premium in your Abids branch. My cheque bearing No. 644366, dt.20/03/2014, drawn on Ing Vysya Bank, signed by me, of my own firm M/s.Jitender Roller Flour Mills, of which I am the managing partner was refused without giving any proper reason. Later on we have learnt from Mr.Dasam Satya Dev Kumar that new guide lines have come for third party cheque and a form has to be submitted along with third party cheque. This information was not available with your staff in the Abids branch which clearly shows that your staff is not trained and does not know how to handle customer relations.
                      Subsequently, my person wrote another cheque in my personal saving bank account and obtained my signature and went to your Shaikpet branch to deposit the cheque. In this branch, one madam by the name of R.Mamatha refused to accept the cheque stating that it is written in different ink and signed in a different ink(check was written in blue ink but signed in black ink). Her attitude was also very rude and the behavior was as if she was doing a very big favor by accepting a cheque. We have enquired with our banker and there is no such rule that the cheque has to be in the same ink. Both the above instances shows that the company does not have properly trained staff and is not willing treat the customers with respect.
                      Further, it appears as though the company is not interested in continuing with the policy as no premium notices are being sent and the customer has to run from pillar post to pay the premium amount.
                      We will appreciate if this complaint is taken up very serious and the concerned staff is made to apologies for unnecessary harassment to my person and making him run from one office to another office without any rhyme or reason.
                      Please note if I do not receive any proper response in next 10 days I will be lodging a complaint with the Insurance Ombudsman.

Jitender Gupta

Dear Sir, Last year one person contact me.and he said that he gave me OD Account of Rs 350000/- in Barclay Bank but before he give a insurance policy with birla sun life insurance Rs.30000/- per Year for 5 year and after 5 year i will receive 250000/-but after insurence policy they are not open my OD Account in Barclyas bank.so i have no money that i deposit my premium.they are not return me my payment amount of Rs 30000/- its my frist premium amount. kindly help me

Respected sir/madam, I have been sold two insurance policy(1.[protected] & 2.[protected] under the false promises of loan from citi-bank by the agent name "ishika" and her colleague from these 3 no.([protected], [protected]& [protected]). she kept us waiting under false influence that procedure Is going on for loan and let the time get passed for us to cancel the Insurance Policy. And we come to know of it was more than 30 days. Then She Stop picking up my phone. After few Days Another guy cal me by the name "sameer kumar" from the Mobile [protected] telling himself as employee of "Birla sun life" told me That he will get this thing solved and My both policy Would be canceled. But later it appeared That too was a false Promise. Now the birla sun Life insurance Company is saying that it can't be canceled. Now i m feeling cheated and Helpless from all side and Have Decided to complain In consumer Court. Your's faithfully kulbir Singh & gaganjyot Singh Mobl no. [protected], [protected].

The company deducts premium as and when they wish to. Actual schedule is every quarter. They deducted in Nov 2013 and refund has been initiated after 20+ days ( I had to struggle hard) without any extra charges which I claimed, This happened even after i reported a SMS alert earlier that month.
                            The same SMS alert came today and i am scared that the same will happen this month.. I have not got a proper closure for my last incident. Shameless guys are hiding.

Bala
                            Aug 13, 2020
                            Any one to answer to this
                            ???

This is Pranay Barapatre, R/O H.No.43, Top Floor, Sec-33A, Chandigarh. This is regarding policy no.[protected] which was fraudulently...

I have taken a Birla Sunlife policy in the name of Ranu Banerji and the policy number is[protected]. I received a letter in Jan from the office stating that my bank account does not exist from which ECS transaction was to be made each month.I had received sms also stating the same for my Dec 2013 ECS premium which I paid online through Debit Card of the same account to prevent lapse of insurance policy. I went to the Secunderabad branch office and I showed the letter of non existent account and the documentary proof of my passbook which proves that my account exists. The same thing again happened for Jan premium and I again paid through debit card. This time the letter said that my account exists but the bank declined the transaction. I kept calling the Secunderabad office but the phone did not connect through or nobody picked up or the person was not available. I went to the bank and the manager said: a) The account very much exists and there is more than sufficient balance to honour the ECS b) He said that whichever agency is handling the ECS, has not registered the mandate given by me with the bank and that is probably why the bank is declining the transaction. He asked birla sunlife to sort it out at their end with the agency handling the ECS or better still provide an alternate way of paying the premium Birla Sunlife Insurance company has till date done nothing to tell me where lies the problem and how to sort it out. I am running from pillar to post to find out what is happening. This is sheer harassment and my credibility is also at stake for no fault of mine. Moreover to sort the matter I have to take leave from my office and so I am loosing out on salary too. Will the insurance company compensate me for all my trouble? When I wanted to take a policy, the insurance advisors keep dancing in front o[censored]s on one leg to get the insurance check, but once you part with the payment, no one is interested with your problems. I am now deeply regretting taking this policy.

I am holding Birla Sun life insurance name : BSLI SaralWealth GA Base -Term 20 Pay 20 Policy no :[protected] Monthly 2522.99 from 2010 onwards.

1, Subsequently Fund performance is not well Hence I have submitted cancellation request to cancel the insurance. Based on request insurance got cancelled and same got teriminated on 18/11/2013. They Confied that after termination Refund amount will be generate and same will be send to your registered address !!

2, Around Rs.50, 000 /- amount i paid to your insurance company. I need my money Back which i paid to your insurance company.other wise i will go for legal action .

3, I have contact Birla Sun life insurance T.nagar and Adyar Branch i have not received any proper response them. This type of service i never seen worst Birla sun life insurance company.

Hope you understand the seriousness of the issue and take corrective action at the earliest.
                                Jan 15, 2014
                                Updated by dina0509
                                Kindly provide the status for My mail
                                BIRLA SUN LIFE IS THE NO 1 FRAUD COMPANY IN THE WORLY AND MORE OVER BRANCH EMPLOYEE ARE NOT WELL EDUCATE??

this birla people also cheat me, thay told me u pay 20, 000 and get policy .in that policy u will get lone of 2, 00, 00 without any interest... Then till 4month thay was tell me your money get u in 2 days and that 2 days not come till now. I m belong from lower class family n that time I want lone in that period its very hard to arrange 20, 000but I arrange it. Now I m in big trouble I have no money n that birala person not pick my call... What I do plz suggest me ... Thank u much Prajal Nandania Prajal.[protected]@gmail.com [protected]

Today I had recieved a call from [protected], which are showing as a birla sunlife executive and told me about a attractive policy offer on the other hand we call to birla sunlife customer care immediately the he said that was a fake call and also said that we are not provide any kind of insurance policy. so i want to know more about this number for future awreness form all the people who are innocent...