Citibank

Chennai
Chennai District
Tamil Nadu

Registered Post:
Citibank N.A., Mail Room, No. 2, Club House Road, Chennai - 600 002.

24x7 CitiPhone:
Pondicherry: +91 44 2852 2484; +91 44 2858 4653
Pune: +91 20 6601 2484; +91 20 6601 4653
Surat: +91 261 653 2484; +91 261 653 4653
Trichy: +91 44 2852 2484; +91 44 2858 4653
Trivandrum: +91 484 404 2484; +91 484 660 2484; +91 484 402 4653; +91 484 660 4653
Vapi:+91 265 232 2484; +91 265 232 4653
Visakhapatnam: 1-800-1802484; 1-800-1802484

View More Information...

Good

Citibank related photos (229)

Citibank Complaints & Reviews

Sukhmani Sachdev on May 30, 2018

I have been a good and loyal consumer of citibank credit premiermiles credit card. I have been using this card for over a year now and have never made any delayed payments. I have always ensured to clear all my dues by making complete payments every month.

One of the benefits o[censored]sing this card is one gets reward points. This card comes with a cost too. One has to pay an annual amount fee of 3000rs every year. So this clearly is not a cheap card to maintain.

Since i had a lot of reward points in my account, i decided to book one of the hotels by using this reward points. I booked radisson hotel (Gurgaon) on 28th march 2018 6:54 am booking reference number htl7fmxsy6 to check-in at 31st march. For booking this i used my 14470 miles as mode of my payment. Due to change in plans, i cancelled this booking on 28th march itself at 8:42 am (The hotel had free cancellation policy on cancelling the booking prior to 30th may) and booked another hotel with booking reference number htlkwqtdwe (Lemon tree hotel.) the minute i cancelled the previous booking, i got a confirmation for cancellation on my email immediately it stated that the amount would be refunded to the bank/ credit card within 5-7 days.

After 15-20 days i checked my card account and realized i never got my reward points reversed bank in my account. I immediately called their customer care team and spoke to sonia one of the representative. She told me as part of the bank process the reward points will be automatically reversed within 28 working days and refused to raise a ticket/ complaint by stating that even if she will raise a ticket she will get a response from the merchant to wait for the stipulated time. I decided to wait for 28 working days and check again around 8th may. On 8th may i called the customer team again as i didn't receive my reward points. The customer care team informed that there is a system issue due to which the reward points didn't get reversed and they raised a ticket (Ticket reference number 7878) the person informed me they will check the issue with the merchant which will take another 20 days. All this time i was expecting the system to automatically revers the points in my account. Failure in that led to another 20 days of waiting. They gave me a tat of 28th may. All this while the customer care team didn't provide any status regarding this ticket or follow up with me over email or call. I had to call them time and again to check the status and even with 2 managers sonia and rajesh. Finally on 28th may around 9 pm i called the customer care team again just to know that the merchant hasn't replied to them and they would be taking another 10 days. Since i was furious i asked them to hand over the call to the manager (Rajesh) who assured me to wait for another 2 working days and he would share the status regarding this case and try to resolve the case.

I received a call today from the citibank team around 11 am. I was hoping to hear a positive response that the reward points have been reversed in my account. However, to my utter dismay the person informed me the merchant refused to reverse the points as the booking was not cancelled and was utilized. She told me that they have got the response from lemon tree hotel that i checked in to their hotel. It took more than 40 days to get my issues resolved by calling the customer care team time again just to realize that all this time they were working with the different merchant. They have no brains or idea nor proper system to track down which booking was cancelled for which they should have been coordinating with the merchant. Instead of radisson they were discussing this case with lemon tree and making a fool out of me and caused me my time, efforts and energy.

I would never recommend this card to anyone who wish to have a piece of mind. Due to their incompetent staffs and managers they fail to work on their processes, systems and try to resolve a case speedily with correct information. I am raising this complain as i have not got my points (15 k which is not less as one could get a free ticket with that points.) i am paying an annual fees to use these points/ featured in my card. With their inefficient staff they are trying to fraud the customers. If there is any customer who is not paying attention to their reward points in their account they are ideally being cheated by the bank services as they would not be getting their complete or accurate reward points in the first place.

Sukhmani sachdev

citibank credit card services
citibank credit card services

[May 30, 2018] Citibank customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

Reshmi K on May 30, 2018

This is in regards to my acct with citibank. I got a mail saying i did not have nvr balance. Though i had 97000 as multi deposit and around 50000 as savings balance. On calling up customer care i was told there is no way to increase the multi deposit from 97000 to 100000 rather than closing it and reopening a new multi deposit account. This is ridiculous i lost 7000 by closing the multi deposit account. I[censored] see i am a customer of citi bank from almost 10 years and losing 7000 just like that is not done i had around 149000 in my account why should i just lose 7000 for no reason. You guys are forcing people to choose other bank for this reason. Will never bank with cutibank anymore.

Ranjan.Manna on May 29, 2018
      Respected sir,

I ranjan manna, a customer of citi bank. I am unable to pay the due of my citi credit card for the last four months. I am now jobless and my mother’s health condition is bad for the last six months. I am relentlessly hopeless and living in huge mental pressure. I am being mentally torture and mentally harass by citi bank employee & collection agent. They are consciously calling me and giving me warning that tomorrow pay the amount otherwise they will make me and my father in jail.

My earnest request is to make a settlement of my credit card and issue me a “no-objection certificate”. Otherwise, i am bound to do suicide that particular situation and sincerely unable to make due payments.

Please awaiting for your reply citi bank.

I can pay maximum of sum rs 10000 for the due amount please reach me and suggest what best can do.

My credit card details:

Name - ranajn manna

Card no - [protected]

Kindly look into my concern and please help me.

Thanking you,

Ranjan manna

Mob-[protected]

Email id - ranjan. [protected]@gmail.com

[May 29, 2018] Citibank customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
      I had booked a train ticket from my pnb debit card through your payment gateway on irctc. The ticket got cancelled n irctc shows amount has been refunded. Id [protected]
      But i'm still to receive the refund amount in my a/c.

Dave Shep on May 28, 2018
        I had worst dissafactory customer service and very bad experience with citibank, on top of all this when a customer is already upset citibank phone banking executive disconnect calls of customer just because they don't have an answer, this has happened more than once and citibank is trying to cover it up stating it's a technical issue, when the phone banking officers disconnect the call just because they don't feel like taking the call that does not mean it's a technical issue never, it's called negligence, such malpractice should be eradicated

Updated by Dave Shep May 28, 2018
        had worst dissafactory customer service and very bad experience with Citibank, on top of all this when a customer is already upset Citibank phone banking executive disconnect calls of customer just because they don't have an answer, this has happened more than once and Citibank is trying to cover it up stating it's a technical issue, when the phone banking officers disconnect the call just because they don't feel like taking the call that does not mean it's a technical issue never, it's called negligence, such malpractice should be eradicated

Samim23 on May 28, 2018
          My name is Samim. Last week I received a email from Citibank saying my A/c will be close within a month, this is not a new account I'm using this account since 2012, there was no such proper justification reason why.

I called to Bank C/care; it was really surprise for me the cause agent said.
          I made a IMPS for Rs. 14000, to my father and that transaction their backend team had some doubt and they wanted to know about the details. I given all details to them and the agent said bank will not inform me further steps, I need to call bank and ask for status, my query number: [protected] dated 23-May-2018.

This account was my salary account and based on that I took home loan ECS deduct from this Citi bank a/c every month. If they close my account suddenly I have to run to my loan bank to change banking ECS information which may take little time.

My question is why backend team had not contacted me for a details of a small account that's also a saving account during 1.1Year. My details are very much updated with bank account including my Aadhar, instead of that why they directly send me a account closure letter.

They suppose to update information on 25-May, but today when I called they start making excuses and asking to wait for another 4-5days.

Updated by Samim23 May 28, 2018
          The IMPS transaction were made on 4-Apr-2017 and after one year they are asking me the details or will close the account.

Sarita Butola on May 24, 2018
            I have submitted export document on june 28 2017 at vashi branch to relationship manager but not yet received brc copy.
            Several reminder send to concern person but no action taken from there side
            If we will not get received the brc we will have to pay penalty and our transaction in other bank will effect

Abhi marine pvt. Ltd
            Sarita butola

[May 24, 2018] Citibank customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

[email protected] on May 23, 2018
              I own a citi bank reward credit card, while giving this credit card from bank it was told to me clearly that once i will activate this card then only i am going to get the yearly charges. I have never used this card and never activated it. Now i am getting a bill of 1476 rupess as a yearly charge.
              Please wave off this charges and close the credit card account.

Below are the details
              Name: shruti solanki
              Card no.: [protected]

[May 23, 2018] Citibank customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

isathishkumar on May 23, 2018
                Citi bank offered for a corporate offer in no annual fee benefits but there is no condition they said while i have taken the card, due to some personal issue (Met an accident it took to recovery with my family almost 8 months). Recently i have received the statement for last month they charged 1000+180 (Gst)= 1180/-.
                Immediately i paid my outstanding amount of 1180 afterward i contacted customer care they are not responding properly, i explain all the things including got it for corporate employee offer (Infosys). They said nonusage charges for my card of 1000inr!!!

They didn't listen to my reasonable points and finally, we are not responsible any kind of this miscommunication so if you are interested to continue or else close your card.

I have been using a credit card more than 7 years with a proper way, i never have such experience from any other banks, citi didn't care about the customer satisfaction. Citi trying to reach their goals for credit card section.

I was so worried about this incident, they immediately closed my card without any communication from the closing department.

Please reach me @ [protected], [protected]

citi credit card : false information for offers no annual fee charges : given for corporate offer but charged

Citibank — fraud mcupos transaction

Habeeb Ahmad Siddiqui on May 22, 2018
                  On 21st of may 2018 morning i receive three mails from citibank that there has been deductions of 2800, 550 and 50 rs from...

anuvar on May 21, 2018
                  Citi bank not accepting e-aadhar for debit/credit mailing address change.
                  I am trying from last 1 month but every time citi bank refusing my e-aadhar card upload (Address proof document is invalid).

All other banks and companies accept e-aadhaar as it has been deemed valid by indian government. But i guess citibank just doesn't cares about rules and regulations of indian authorities.

As per rbi and uidia guidelines e-aadhaar is a valid document then why citi bank is refusing.

It is just against indian govt. Guidelines!!!

[May 21, 2018] Citibank customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
                  I have applied credi card through online portal .no response from u side. Whether online portal is of no use? Total 5 times applied .not even confimation mail u are sending but collected all thr deatils which of no use and waste of time.You have stopped credit card or u have no proper online customer care exceutives to give information

sadhana dixit on May 21, 2018
                    I have citibank credit card with no "*-*-*-7450, after the use of 8 months bank has block my credit card without informing. When i called & ask no body is giving proper reply & each & every time complaint reference number is given. Which are:-

Again they closed it without updating, after so many calls & followup i asked to reedem my rewards points for this they have to issue voucher agianst the amount. But from january 2018 till now i waiting for their voucher & the same is not received yet.

This is how citibank value their customer!!

Bsides of writing complaints to thier website, they have not called & resolved.

Complaint comments  Add a comment

Citibank — credit card details remove from cibil

aharipravin on May 21, 2018
                      I am pravin kumar meena from national security guard of manesar haryana. I totally paid payment of citi credit...

Citibank — closure of royal sundaram health policy

singh.rb2010 on May 20, 2018
                      Dear sir/madam,
                      With reference to captioned subject and my letter dated 24/04/2018 i would like you to remind that...

dishum on May 18, 2018

I am prajakta n more, an citi bank credit card no. [protected], i had outstanding of rs. 54000.00 is pending from my side, i am writing this mail as i needed 2 months to make full payment of it, right now i am stuck in some problems, not able to pay minimum of rs. 3000.00 per month,
                      I need 2 months time to pay my full outstanding, and elapse be needful,
                      I will make it clear before 5th august 2018,

I need time and please give me time till 05th august 2018,

This is my request, please be the needful.

Prajakta n more
                      [protected].

[May 18, 2018] Citibank customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

mr_neerajpal on May 17, 2018
                        Hi citi credit card team,

I would like to inform you my last to last bill was amount. 59108.46 and we have make the payment 58482.40 where by mistake rs. 626.06 short payment we have make.

Rewards citi card no. - [protected]

By this reason you have charged rs. 3519.95 interest in my last bill for the total bill amount.

It is very critical issue from citi bank so please reverse the charges and calculate the interest on short payment which is perfect and logically for me.

[May 17, 2018] Citibank customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

PrabuJ on May 14, 2018
                          Dear sir/madam,

Our citi bank cridit cart april month statement received, interest charges problem (All month). Pls refer the attached statement.

Citi bank customer care no response.

Pls check all month statement and confirm.

Pls take necessary corrective action immediately.

Ojala (India) engineering pvt. Ltd.
                          Plot no. C.30, sipcot's industrial park,
                          Irungattukottai, sriperumpudur taluk,
                          Kanchipuram district-602105

interest charges problem
                          Complaint marked as Resolved Aug 23, 2019

[May 14, 2018] Citibank customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
                          Updated by PrabuJ May 17, 2018

No Resolved and no update.

Pls confirm.

Ojala (India) engineering pvt. Ltd.
                          Plot no. C.30, sipcot's industrial park,
                          Irungattukottai, sriperumpudur taluk,
                          Kanchipuram district-602105
                          Updated by PrabuJ May 25, 2018

No update,

This month payment not possible.

J.Prabu

narayansarda on May 10, 2018
                            Dear sir
                            I have a credit card in the my name and a add on card in the name of my wife of citi bank. I had paid outstanding amount of both cards rs 79941 on 07.01.2017.
                            Then citi bank issed me no outstanding letter on 18.01.2017
                            Now i applied for home loan in other bank, in that bank's cibil it's showing total write off amount.
                            I request you to please inform cibil agencies to clear total write off amount from my both cibil account.

Details of both cards as follows
                            Narayan purushottam sarda
                            Credit card no [protected]
                            Pan card no atmps3341p
                            Mobile [protected]

I have already given a application to citi bank aurangabad maharashtra branch with attehed regarding documents.
                            This is very humble request to you sir.
                            Hopefully waiting for your reply

Narayan sarda
                            [protected]@gmail.com

[May 10, 2018] Citibank customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

sharnagati das on May 8, 2018
                              08/05/2018
                              Respected sir / madam
                              This is to inform you that i am running a current account /saving account /other accounts in your bank since 01/04/1994. At the bank opening time it was told to me that we will deliver you the cash at home with no charges. Cheque picking facility was provided to me. Now every facilities even cheque collecting is withdrawl from me. It is very painful to me.
                              You are requested to please see into the matter and resolve it
                              Yours
                              Rajinder kumar sharma

[May 08, 2018] Citibank customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
                              Complaint comments  Add a comment

Citibank — wrong entry in cibil

surajp25 on May 6, 2018
                                I recently applied for a car loan and as per the cibil report, citibank has reported an overdraft account with the following...

Pritam Patra on May 5, 2018
                                I have applied one credit card for a call, i have received on 11th april.

I agreed to that call and an executive came to pickup my documents.

I got my application no. [protected].

Now the status shows as it's rejected.

They said, it did not passed internal policy parameters.

That was, my mail i'd was unable to receive email from somewhere else.

#, i requested to return back my documents. I don't want them to keep it and dispose it later.

[May 06, 2018] Citibank customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.