Citibank Customer Care

Chennai
Chennai District
Tamil Nadu

Registered Post:
Citibank N.A., Mail Room, No. 2, Club House Road, Chennai - 600 002.

24x7 CitiPhone:
Pondicherry: +91 44 2852 2484; +91 44 2858 4653
Pune: +91 20 6601 2484; +91 20 6601 4653
Surat: +91 261 653 2484; +91 261 653 4653
Trichy: +91 44 2852 2484; +91 44 2858 4653
Trivandrum: +91 484 404 2484; +91 484 660 2484; +91 484 402 4653; +91 484 660 4653
Vapi:+91 265 232 2484; +91 265 232 4653
Visakhapatnam: 1-800-1802484; 1-800-1802484

View More Information...

Bad

Citibank Complaints & Reviews

Citibank Personal Loan — Cheating by CitiBank

ashishistripathy

CitiBank is a Cheater Bank. Be careful. They don't give information to customers and go on charging...
Complaint comments  Comments  (4)Complaint category Loans

sunny100
I have taken the personal loan from City bank in July 2008.amount was 395000 but bank deduct the amount 2428 Rs as processing fee & I found the amount 392572 Rs.as the loan statement I pay the 59 installment the last payment to be 01 jun 2013 but bank had taken the installment July 2013 also.now when I contact to bank for my NOC bank want to pay more money to release the NOC.

kindly suggest me what I can ?

also avoid to loan from city bank.

My ID is [protected]@rediffmail.com

Personal — Money

I am sorry to disturb you for giving you the complain for the personal reason. But we are helpless now. One of the contractor who was building the NH 57 near Phulparas (Bihar), who was our relatives too, took 8,50,000/- on interest before 2 years back. But we have no proof, only we have some relatives knowing all these things. He said that he will return us the money soon. But after 2 years also he hasn't returned anything. Sir we are the followers of Mahatma Gandhi, so don't want to hurt anyone. In spite of giving so much threat to him he is not in a mood to return the money. But now the situation with us is in such a way that we are economically too weak. Our business has closed.

After trying all possible way, we have contacted you and you are only our last hope.

Please help me with this situation sir. It will be a great help.

Thanks and Sincere Regards,
[protected][protected]
Sunil Kumar,
Director
SRS Software Systems
Mob.:[protected]

Citibank — Closing of Citibank Account [Resolved]

Santosh Kumar Komeravelli
    I have opened Citibank account.
    Now, my Salary account is converted in to Savings account. And for this june month...
    Complaint comments  Comments  (1)Complaint category Banks

Citibank Credit Card — Interest rate is calculated for paid amount also

RajeswariVS
    I got a bill amount for Rs.28820/- and paid Rs.28000 much earlier than the payment date.
    This month i got a bill with...
    Complaint category Credit Cards

ozeameya9
    I have applied for CITIBANK credit card on[protected]. My application no. [protected]. On[protected], I have received a SMS saying my Citibank credit card has been approved and will be dispatched within 2 working days. This has been dispatched through BLUEDART AWB no. [protected] in 4 working days. On 8-6-2013 I have received SMS saying my card has been returned undelivered. and today,[protected], I haven't approached by any citibank representative for any feedback or tracking regarding my card. While applying I have received no. of calls from citi bank representative and once approval for card is done then there is no feedback. and still I am searching for CITIBANK contact no. There are many customer service numbers. Theres no e-mail id available with citi bank to make a note on this incident. TOO much negligence. I dont expect such things from (so called..)CITIBANK, and I will not accept their credit card or any business with them. I will advice others also not to make business with such bank.

Citibank Credit Card — Non Approval of application

I had applied for citibank credit card ref no [protected]. But they rejected my application with the reason that "I do not meet the minimum policy requirements of the other asset relationships that I currently hold with the bank". I replied that I am using citi bank saving account as well as there is FD of Rs 100, 000 with citi bank. Beside this I also mentined that I had taken car loan in year 2003 which is completely repaid, which is also confirmed by your bank on 24 April 2006 ( copy enclosed)

But I have received the reply that "As a policy we do not disclose the reason for non-approval of an application"

I am still not able to undderstand why they had rejected my application

Please advice

Thanks & regards
    Vishal

i apply for credit card my app ref is : [protected] so pl send me credit card status.

niles mohite

kodanhunt

I have missed my Personal Loan ECS this month and hence I paid my EMI through citibank portal on 5th June 2013. But still they called my father to get the EMI during his office hours. So I called citibank customer service and updated my new mbl number and also told them not to call my father. Again they called my father during his office hours to ask for the money which I already paid. I got the receipt confirmation from citibank on 8th June 2013 too. I do not want this nuisance to happen again. When I called the Personal Loan department they are not responding properly.

My Name: Kothandaraman Narasiman
      Loan# : LGTDST4902921
      Place: Kolkata

Citibank — Getting loan payment calls

My name is Dinesh Gosavi.I want to make complaint against Citibank Financial.Some persons from Citibank calls on my mobile no [protected] and ask for Mr.Prashant Baske for loan payment dues.I have told them so many times that its wrong no they are dialing.and also i told them that i am using this no from August 2008.and now they are saying some bad words after calling on my phone.

Please take some serious action against them.

Dinesh-[protected]

prithi s bhandari

Please help me to get my redeem rewards point subscription Numbers for two subscribed magazine.
        1)Reader Digest
        2) India today.

I 'm following up citibank since one month they have provided me reference number but no call back from them .

The reference number is 414106.

Please help me to get me my subscription number.

Deepankar Gupta
          I got this card for business travel for USA for 10 days. I used this card to pay the hotel room charges, which hotel took in advance as it was pre-paid card. They did two transactions to complete the payment USD 798 (approx) (620 +178) with separate approval codes. Citibank cleared transaction USD 798 in one transaction. So I had three transaction instead of two i.e. totaling 1596. When I called them up they said there are two transaction on same approval code and another on separate approval code. Now it means I had three transactions on two approval code. When I asked them how could they do it, they said its system problem. When I asked them to revert the billed amount, they said I had to get merchant approval on email. I even got that, even after that they did not revert and sent 10+ emails + 3 hours on phone talking to customer care nothing happened. I HAD TO BORROW MONEY NICE SOUL to whom I could not give money back there because they take 30 days to revert the unclaimed money from vendor.

I am corporate customer, this is what happened to me. As individual I would never recommend this anybody. Probably the hotel I went, is never going to accept the card.

nmrpsd10
            I have took ready credit facility on my Suvidha 3 years ago and have regularly used and paid the balance of the same.In the month of February I moved to a new company and had to change my salary a/c to HDFC from citi.As I had to close RC and had no ready cash I converted the same into 20 EMI's as per the company's rule.

Now till april 2 EMI's were deducted and all was well.Yesterday I got a multiple calls from citi bank to deposit this months EMI and I did same and had extra 48544.Now that amount is blocked and on calling CC they said it can't be reversed and the same reply came from bank guys.

When the RC is converted to EMI why again is this non-sense......I had to undergo trauma from last evening and this is unacceptable.

My a/c number is [protected].

Citibank Credit Card — Escalation

kathirraj
              I am kathiravan had done a recharge of Rs 333 from my CITI Bank Credit Card on my Mobile Number ([protected])...
              Complaint comments  Comments  (1)

anuragsamanta29
              It is almost more than one and half month but still my policy is not cancelled/surrendered and my amount is not refunded.

Details of my case:

5th March 2013:
              I submitted one letter and all the required proof to one of the Citibank Official in Kolkata for holding my Standing Instruction.

19th March 2013:
              I got confirmation from Bilas Bangal that my policy has been cancelled and policy will be closed within 1 week. (Find the mail in attachment).

25th March 2013:
              I got a call from Sushma Patil and was communicated that she needs Cancellation letter and policy copy.
              Tell me then why I got a mail from Bilas stating that my policy has been closed??

28th March 2013:
              I sent all the documents to the address mentioned by Sushma. Refer the below screenshot for Delivery details. Refer the attachment for more details.
              Sushma communicate me that your policy will be closed and money will be refunded in 10 – 15 days.

5th April 2013:
              I Called customer care of Citi Bank – they confirmed me that my policy has been cancelled and refunding will be done by Bajaj Allianz.

8th April 2013:
              I Called Bajaj Allianz customer care. They said that they have not received any letter for cancellation or surrender of my policy.

14th April:
              I again Called Bajaj Allianz customer care. They said that they have not received any letter for cancellation or surrender of my policy.

29th April:
              No Update Yet.
              Dear Customer,

We sincerely regret the disappointment you had to face with us. Please write to us with your contact details and your policy number at help.[protected]@bajajallianz.in and we will get in touch with you to address your concern.

Bajaj Allianz
              Life Insurance
              Complaint comments  Add a commentComplaint category Insurance

Mohammed Iqbal Basha
                Citi Bank personal Loan department reps are nothing but a WHITE COLLAR CHEATER. I have submitted the documents on 23/3/2012 for 5 Lakh Loan amount. While submitting the documents, Personal Loan representative PRIYA confirmed that it's going to take 3 working days to complete the process. Even I got the same confirmation from the guy who collected the documents. After a week, when I called the rep, they said that its still under processing and they are performing some verification on my request. After 10 days, I got a call from PRIYA stating that the verification was completed and they have sent a mail to my company for final verification and they were expecting a reply from my company HR. I contacted my HR and came to know that they haven't received any mail from CITI BANK.... They did this for almost 10 days.Finally, my HR team received the mail (I don't know whether citibank were bluffing or not, I sent one mail to CITI bank with all my HR's Email ID's then my HR received the mail).
                After receiving mail from my HR, PRIYA confirmed that everything was done and even she said that Credit Manager has to sign the agreement papers then I have to sign the same for the amount to be credited. Later I got a call from AKASH (HE CALLED HIMSELF AS A MANAGER), He said that I have to submit one more document (AFTER 20 DAYS OF INITIAL DOCUMENT SUBMITTION) (my Current runing loan document from HDFC). I agreed for that and I have sent the document as well.
                Took 2 days of time and called me saying that they are going to process only 1.20 Lakhs. When I asked the reason, then they started giving all answers. Even they suggested me to send a mail to CITI BANK RELATIONSHIP MANAGER (TONY) to request for the loan amount and disconnected the call. when I called back to contact AKASH or PRIYA they are directly disconnecting the call. IS THAT MEANS THAT YOU HAVE ACCEPTED YOUR MISTAKE?

My direct Question to CITI BANK....

1. Why are you giving the wrong commitment to the users if you can't process the request.
                2. If you know that its not going to process it, then why don't you inform me at the initial stages (I agree that the final confirmation will be done after submittion on documents, at the same time, you can inform at that time itself....)
                3. Why PRIYA gave wrong information saying that credit manager has to sign the agreement papers to transfer the amount? can't she give the accurate status. DOES ANYONE TRYING TO KILL HER IF SHE GIVES THE WRONG INFORMATION?????
                4. Why AKASH commited the same thing if he can't process my request for 5 Lakhs???( HE CALL HIMSELF AS MANAGER. IF YOU ARE THE MANAGER THEN YOU MUST COMMIT THE RIGHT INFORMATION)
                5. How can AKASH say that the delayed happened from my HR team where they haven't received any mail from CITI bank at all?
                6. If you can't process the request in 3 days then why the **** you give the wrong commitment about this to the customers??? (Because of you guys, I cancelled the direct proposal from KOTAK MAHINDRA BANK and AXIS BANK)
                7. WHY DID YOU DISCONNECTED THE CALL WHEN I ASKED FOR PRIYA OR AKASH FOR MORE CLARIFICATION. IS THAT MEAN THAT YOU HAVE ACCEPTED YOUR MISTAKE??? DON'T YOU HAVE ANY GUTS TO ACCEPT THE MISTAKE AND RECTIFY IT????
                8. IF I HAVE TO CONTACT TONY DIRECTLY TO REQUEST FOR LOAN THEN WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU GUYS DOING IN THAT A/C ROOMS. RESIGNS YOUR JOBS.. NO NEED OF ANY BACKEND DEPARTMENT. I WOULD SUGGEST CITIBANK TO POST TONY'S NUMBER IN CITIBANK WEBSITE SO THAT CUSTOMERS CAN DIRECTLY SEND MAIL TO HIM AND GET APPROVED.

I CAN PROVIDE YOU THE CALL LOGS AND RECORDED CONVERSATIONS WITH PRIYA AND AKASH.

IF I AM A RESPONSIBLE CITI BANK MANAGER, THEN I WILL DIRECTLY TERMINATE PRIYA AND AKASH FOR GIVING WRONG INFORMATION. BECAUSE OF THESE PEOPLE, CUSTOMERS WILL BLAME COMPLETE CITIBANK DEPARTMENTS.

I AM SORRY TO SAY BUT ITS FACT AND I AM GOING TO CANCEL ALL THE SERVICES FROM CITI BANK. AT THE SAME TIME, I WILL MAKE SURE THAT NONE OF MY FAMILY MEMBERS, FRIENDS OR COLLEGUES WILL GO WITH YOUR SERVICES.

Citibank — Incorrect Information

On Sunday 12 June 2011, I went to landmark bookstore located in SGS Mall at Camp to redeem 4400 reward points which I had accumulated on my IndianOil Titanium Credit Card number is [protected]. The staff at the shop was unable to redeem them as the machine threw an error message “Do Not Allow”.

I called up Citiphone and spoke to Kushal (callous attitude) and he told me that the accumulated points can be redeemed only against fuel. I told him that I do not possess a car and I usually shop a lot. He replied that nothing can be done and I asked if he could place a cancellation request for my card. He agreed to.

Next day, I received a call from Citibank asking me if I wish to covert my card to Titanium Shopping card which is good for shoppers. I agreed to it however since I had to rush for official work I asked them to call me back. On Saturday I received a call from their office and a gentleman took verbal consent from me over the phone. He told me that the new card will arrive within 7 working days.

A week had elapsed and since no card was sent to me, I placed an online query enquiring about it.

To my horror, I received a reply that a Visa Platinum Card will be issued to since the issuance of old Titanium card is stopped. I asked them what was the worth of each point and they told its 0.35p or 0.40p (I don’t exactly remember the amount). I told them I have points worth Rs.4400 and more and it’d be bad to not receive them.

Then again they (Vijayalaksmi) called me and told me that they’d issue a Titanium Cash Rewards card where each point is worth Re.1. I agreed to it.

Then Zakira called me and mentioned that only 40% of points accumulated on my old card will be transferred to the new card. I was really really upset and angry now. I told her that it’s not acceptable since currently I have 4600 points which means Rs.4600 and I am not ready to lose this amount or else they need to compensate me with Rs.5000 for the points and the inconvenience that I’ve experienced because of them. She told me that 1200 points will be transferred and the remaining points will be transferred after some time.

Since I had a real bad experience with Citibank initially, I asked her to send a mail to my personal id which is [protected]@rediffmail.com confirming this. It’s been a week and I still haven’t received that mail.

I EXPECT SUTIABLE MONETARY COMPENSATION OF RS.10000 FOR THE INCONVENINCE AND POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE THAT I EXPERIENCED.

My questions:

1. Why wasn’t I informed previously that points accumulated on my IndianOil Card can be redeemed only against fuel?
                2. Why do I have to contact Citibank each time and why can’t they keep me posted about the latest developments pertaining to my account? I am sure that they can at least send a mail to customers.
                3. Why did I get misleading information about cards?
                4. Miss Vjayalakshmi tells me that all points will be transferred to my card and Zakira tells me that only 1200 points will get transferred. Why is there so much miscommunication?

Apart from the above, they also charged my account with service tax and late payment charges whereas I always clear my bill even before the statement is generated or at least before payment due date.

Wasim U Shariff
                An Unhappy and Dissatisfied Customer

Ravi Shankar_scorpion
                  This is related to flase/ wrong commitment or message of CITI BANK. Since I got a message for Personal Loan " Personal Loan upto Rs. 15 Lac @ 14% pa. There is No pre- closure charges, No processing fee and there is No other hidden charges.

Then I made call to the given contact no. And after discussion on agreed above condition I had filled application as well as provide my all required documents (Copy of PAN, Address Proof, ID proof, Form 16, Salary Slip and photograph) to CITI Bank field executive. After two days I got confirmation call from CITI Bank (Gurgaon Branch) that you are aware of the all terms and condition, then I told them yes I am aware all above terms and conditions and aggred on that. But CICI Bank executive told that rate would be applicable @ 15.75%. Then I clearly denied to take thsi rate 15.75%. After that I got diffrent various calls from CITI Bank (Gurgaon Branch) with difftent rate offer say 15.5%, 15%, 14.75% etc but not ready for the initial offer rate i.e 14% against which I have submitted my documents.

I am very very upset with this illegal as well as unfair behaviour of CITI BANK with FALSE & WORNG commitment of Personal Loan offer rate.

Ravi
                  +91-[protected]

Personal Loan — False commitment from executive

Dear sir/Madam,
                  I saurabh Dubey have applied for personal loan and submitted all the required document to one of your executive one month ago. The executive has told me last week that my loan approval has come for two lacks. After that there is no contact with him. Neither he is picking my calls.
                  The executive name is Rahul his mobile number is [protected], He is working in andheri branch. I want to know the staus of my request .
                  You see this website and get some affordable links from it. It will help you a lot as it helped me.

Individual. — WRONG COMMITMENT.

Dear All,

This message is to wake up the society cheated by www.makemytrip.com giving false commitments.

Yesterday, after confirmation of international air ticket booked by them over phone (for 7th August from Ahmedabad to Chicago via Frankfurt on Air India), when I reached from Ellisbridge for collection of ticket with full payment in cash to their office in Maninagar area of Ahmedabad, India, they started searching for seats available for 7th Aug. (it was not available), then for 8th, 9th... up to 15th (no seat was available) & even on 6th, 5th, 4th etc.

The acting in-charge (male, I am not aware of his name, sitting inside the office just in front of the main door wearing spects) in that office & his assistant Ms. Shefali were giving number of excuses with out ticket & with out saying 'sorry' even.

I am requesting people not to trust them.

They just show the seats available online at competitive fares but actually the seats / tickets are not available when you try to book the ticket & by that time you also loose other good options too.

I left home for collection of ticket only after their verbal conformation that we have booked the ticket, you can collect the ticket by making full payment. It is right that if you book the ticket online by your self, there are chances to loose some seats while booking on line but once they confirmed that you can collect the ticket, this should not happen.

I think IATA should involve their selves in such matters to stop misguiding the flyers.

Thanks.

SUNIL R. PANDIT
                  26th June, 2009.

Citibank personal loans — Wrong promise

I was told at the time of loan acceptance that i will not be charged with prepayment penalty if I decide to pay the loan off before time...But now they are charging me the same..How should i go about with the same

Citibank / Home Saver Loan — Never take this loan

manoj36
                    Citi Bank Home saver housing loan.

I Have availed this loan, They told me that it well help me clear the...
                    Complaint comments  Comments  (1)

banuchitra
                    Citi bank ATM cards are not accessible at any POS for the past 2 days, Also amount could not be transferred online to other accounts.

Poorest customer care that they have provided land line numbers which are non-toll free, where automated voice responds which again kills our balance.
                    We almost cant find their customer care numbers online, rather it takes to numerous procedures to file a compliant.

Very dissatisfied.

Citibank — (OMG!!) Minimum of 1 Lakh NRV per month for Citibank Account

bhanu88
                      OMG OMG OMG!!!

“We are pleased to inform you that your existing Citibank Suvidha account will be converted...
                      Complaint category Banks

Ravi Rao
                      Hi My Name is Ravi,
                      I am citi bank consumer since 2 years.
                      I have a loan account as well with citi bank (my bad luck).

I dont understand why they charge, whenever they feel to charge they charge, no proper response on call, you will just waste your time to calling them, they will tell you nothing.

I want to see my account statement/mini statement, because they again charged some nonsense, but i am not able to see why it is. i was having some money into my account but now its showing -300.

second hell is their rules and policies. now they are started charging if your account balance is less then 1 lakh, i want to close my account but no use,
                      i just wasting my time to asking this people.

I am pissed off dealing with these guys.
                      I feel i did big mistake to open account here.

This is not just story below i am mentioning my account number and contact number as well.

Account Number : [protected]
                      IFSC Code : CITI0000004
                      Email : [protected]@gmail.com
                      Mobile : [protected].

Very Bad Service
                      if you want to punish yourself then take loan from this guys...

jitendraahlawat
                        I recently got a citi bank Rewards credit card created and agent got the application form filled by himself as per the contact details provided by me correctly. I received the confirmation call on correct contact details provided my me so I assumed they had my correct contact details i.e mobile and email-id.

I made my first purchase on this card in February and I was waiting for card statement / notification of Statement availbility but to my surprise, I didn't receive any statement from citi bank for next one month then I called citi bank credit card customer care in mid march to know when my credit card statement will be available and what is the billing date for my credit card.

I was more surprised to know that my statement had already been generated on 15 February. As I didn't get any statement, I couldn't make any payments for this card statement. They had imposed finance charges along with interest penalties on me.

When I asked why did not they send me statement or any sms on my moble; they told me that statement was sent to my email id only but bounced back. When I crossed check, I found that they have wrong email-id and mobile number updated in my profile to the one I mentioned while filling the application form. Please note that they contacted my on correct mobile number when getting the card created at the time of application. Due to this, I could not receive my credit card statement on time if they had actually sent it to me and that's why this delay caused me with penalties and interest amount burden due to the mistake which wasn't at my part but from city bank staff.

When I requested them to revert the extra charges; the customer care people just denied to do that.

Name - Jitendra Ahlawat
                        email - [protected]@gmail.com

Citibank — INTEREST CHARGES

MY CARD NO IS [protected]. I HAD PAID THE WHOLE DUE AMOUNT IN FULL SETTLEMENT AND ADVISED TO CLOSE THE CARD A/C.BUT THE BANK INSIST ME TO PAY THE INTEREST CHARGES WHICH I AM NOT SUPPOSED TO PAY.THEY ARE DISTURBING EVERYDAY AND EMBARRASSED MY PERSONAL LIFE.
                        DIPANKAR DE

afowaz
                          In 2012, one of the citibank customer service executive offered me a credit card which was told to be free for life.When I recieved the card, I was informed that I there is an annual fees for card by the customer support team. I immediately declined to activate the card and asked them to close the card. Now, suddenly in the month of March 2013 after more than 1 year , I recieve an statement from citibank saying that I HAVE OUTSTANDING OF 350 DHS IN MY CARD which was due to the annual fees of the card.

I am baffled and emailed them regarding the same. I am yet to recieve any reply from them in this regard.
                          Kindly advice.

Citibank Mg Road Branch Bangalore — Cheque clearance issue

bheemanradhakrishnan
                            I have my saving Account [protected] withe Citibank. On 08the March 2013 Evening i have deposited a Cheque from Vijaya bank...
                            Complaint category Banks

Recently Discussed

(19 minutes ago)
                            Rummyculture
                            cheating
                            (20 minutes ago)
                            Idea Cellular
                            Not able to send and receive sms
                            (57 minutes ago)
                            Sony India
                            bravia tv display issue
                            (1 hours 17 minutes ago)
                            Flipkart
                            delay from flipkart department to give me the resolution and also directly closing my account after intimating them many times
                            (1 hours 18 minutes ago)