[Resolved] 1) Yamaha Motor India Pvt. Ltd. 2) Citywide 2 Wheelers, Ahmedabad — Mental Harassment & Fraud Case for Yamaha G5, against 1) Citywide 2 Wheelers, Ahmedabad & 2) Yamah India
PProf. Bhavin Manharlal Shah
Myself, Bhavin Shah, working as Assistant Professor at L.J. Institutes of Computer Applications, Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
I had purchased Yamaha G5 Motorcycle (With Alloy wheel & Self Start) on 17/10/2008, from M/S. Citywide 2 Wheelers, Sarvoday Society-1, Opp. Agrawal Tower, Bhuyangdev Cross Road, Sola Road, Ahmedabad, Gujarat(Phone Number :[protected],[protected], Fax Number :[protected]. I had paid Rs. 45, 100/- to M/S. Citywide 2 Wheelers for the same. Following is the details of payment maid by me .
Bill numbers (of Citywide 2 Wheelers) : 5831, 5833, 5939.
Billing Name : Bhavinbhai Manharbhai Shah
On Road Price (dealing was done with Mr.. Ashishbhai) : Rs. 45, 100/- .
Chassis number : 5TSC002208.
Motorcycle Description : Yamaha G5 with Alloy Wheel, Auto Start, Black Color.
Till date, documents issued to me is only the warranty card of battery. More than 10 times, I had requested personally to the following persons, to issue RC Book, Service Book, Warranty Card/ Guaranty Card, User Manual, Insurance policy and any other documents. Kindly note that even after 50 days of purchasing the bike, no document (as mention above) is still issued to me.
List of the persons to whom I had requested to provide documents:
1) Mr. Chandreshbhai Tiwari(Owner of M/S. Citywide 2 Wheelers, Ahmedabad )
2) Mr. Ashish Tiwari (Manager, Bhuyangdev branch, Citywide 2 Wheelers, Ahmedabad)
3) Mr. Shani (working at Bhuyangdev branch, Citywide 2 Wheelers, Ahmedabad)
Following is my complains:
1) No support for the first service even after 1383 KM : As on today, my Yamaha G5 motorcycle’s meter reading is 1383 Kilometer. I already know that, during 500- 700 K.M, or within one month of purchase, I must give my bike for the first service. If I am not able to do so, no warranty / guaranty claim can be possible. Even the performance of the bike can be decrease due to no service.
When meter reading was near to 300 KM (05/11/2008), I had requested them to issue at least service book, so that I can give my bike for the first free service. Mr. Chandreshbahi replied that I should not worry about the warranty / guaranty or even first service. According to him, I can go for the first service even after 1000 KM, or even after completion of one month of purchase, and it will not affect warranty / guaranty. He will manage that. I also know that he is totally wrong. Today, mileage of my bike is near to 46 KM. per liter.
Even after that day, I had requested him number of times to issue the service book or make it convenient for me to give my bike for the first service. Each time he replied me for waiting for more two to three days, and that days never came. So, today, after 1383 KM, first free service of my bike is not complete, which should be completed between 500- 700 KM, or within one month of purchase. I think, I am near to the second service.
2) RTO Passing is still not done: After 55 days of purchasing the bike, they have not send any document or done any process for RTO passing. Till date, I do not have any RTO number on number plate. Normally, in my city, dealers are sending the bike for RTO passing, within maximum 3-4days.
In my case, even after asking him to do so, I don’t get what is their interest behind not sending it for RTO Passing?
3) Fraud in the product : Till date, as they have not provided any legal documents(RC Book, Service Book, Warranty Card/ Guaranty Card, User Manual, Insurance policy) for my bike, there must be some legal issues for not providing it. I think they might have given damaged piece/ old piece or some spare parts may be changed or there can be any other reason for it. It was informed by them that they had taken insurance policy, but still, they had not given any document of the same to me.
4) “Not to user bike up to 05/12/2008 ???” Ten days before of 5/12/2008, number of the times, I had personally visited the citywide 2 wheelers office and requested them to issue at least the service book. Each time they replied that, tomorrow they will issue it. But that tomorrow never came. On 25th November, 2008, as my bike meter reading was near to 1100 KM, which is too much serious for me, so again I had personally requested to Mr. Shani to issue the service book or take some immediate action for providing the first free service. He replied that, as the owner of the citywide (Mr. Chandreshbhai) & Mr. Ashishbhai is out of station, and they will back on 5/12/2008, I have to wait up to 5/12/2008. Also, he replied me not to use the bike up to 5/12/2008 or till the date when any one from Chandreshbhai or Ashishbhai come and take some decision. I had stopped to use the bike during that days. But even today, I did not receive any official documents from him.
As I had recently change my job, and my work place is so far away, I had specially purchased this bike for the same. Even I highly required the bike, and also after having a brand new bike which is fully paid by me, I am not able to use it. I have to travel near 40 KM per day by auto or bus.
5) Misbehaving & Misguiding : After giving the delivery of the bike, they are misbehaving with me and not listing any thing. I feel that, purchasing the bike from this people is my major mistake. They had misguided me number of times regarding service & warranty. But Mr. Murtuza, manger, Yamaha authorized service station naranapura, had helped me. (Mr. Murtuza is not concern with citywide 2 wheeler).
6) No Maintenance support provided : On the second day after purchasing the bike, i.e. 18/10/2008, chain of my bike was not functioning properly. It was sounding. I was not able to drive it even at very slow speed. I asked the citywide to support me. But they said that I have to go the local mechanic to repair it. I asked him to provide the list of Yamaha’s authorized service station . They were not ready to give me the list of the service station. I was too much confused at that time. I had called my local mechanic for repairing it, who charged Rs. 50/- .
If immediately after purchasing the bike, if customer get this kind of problem and they are not supporting him, then there is the question of the honesty of the both the company ? Yamaha India should also take care regarding this matter.
7) Battery was not working at the time of delivery of motorcycle. Even after informing Mr. Ashishbhai & Mr. Chandreshbhai well in advance for the delivery date & time of the bike, at the time of delivery, battery was not working properly. So, they had send that battery to the service station.
As even after 35 days of delivering the bike, and after so much request, they had not supported for even the first service, now I am in such a position that, the performance of the bike is not good (mileage 48 KM). So I want Rs. 45, 100/- back as early as possible.
Kindly, look in to the matter and take necessary action against this kind of the cheating, fraud & misguiding. I am ready to support for any legal action against this. I will also request you to take such an action so that, i should get my money back, and people faulty in this case should learn the lesson, so that in future they will not harass the other customer like this.
Waiting for your positive reply.
Prof. Bhavin Shah
2/23; Suramya Apts.,
132 Feet Ring, Road,
Sola H.B. Colony,
Complaint marked as Resolved Aug 14, 2020
[Resolved] Yamaha Motor India - R15 v3 tank cover issue
[Resolved] Yamaha Motor India - fzs v3 150
[Resolved] Yamaha Motor India - about low quality part