[Resolved]  Nokia N70 — Defective 1 GB memory card

I have purchased vide cash memo T23/31691 dt. 26.12.2007 Nokia N 70 bearing no. [protected] from Big Bazaar, Malabar Castle, M.G. Road, Trivandrum for rs. 10850/-. some two months back I noticed that pictures stored in the memory card is missing. While formatting the card, i am getting a message that memory card corrupted. This was taken to a dealer and they said the card need to be replaced and there is no free replacement for the memory card. I wonder such a costly phone is having substandard memory card? Kindly let me know what I should do to get a free replacement of the card.
An early reply is requested.

Comments

i hve a nokia ( N70). it is not working in a proper way. becoz somedays ago. i did download some fonts in my phone.and. now all fonts is working. in a gud condition. but now i want to delete all the fonts and formating the card but it not done. i dont know why.
the error shows, your memory card is in use.
so, plz tell me how can i format my card..?

and.i hve also. format through computer. but its impossible. so, plz suggest me. ok. m waiting for reply...
hello, i am kulbir fom haridwar, i bought a nokia n70 from bathinda punjab in aug 2008. but unfotunately it got wet, then i brought it to nokia care haridwar.they had kept the phone about one month and refused to repare it. i am very disappointed about nokia care haridwar staff. they are very lasy and irresponsible about the costumers. i was agree to any kind of cost about any replacig components. very sad about nokia care. SANDHU!!!
mr
while formatting the memory card ur mobile is displaying MEMORY CARD ALREADY IN USE
it means for the present profile the mobile is using memory card ringtones, may be wall papers
bring back your mobile to normal mode by selecting the normal profile which uses nokia tone and default wallpapers and then try to format
it may work...
dear sir u have to go nokia care for replacement bcos shopkeeper have no authority to change the card
nag corrupted eah nu ga2win qoh dun?????maibabalik pba ang dating mga files nun kc masasayang ang files eah reply asa
Hello! good day!

My original memory card in n70 is corrupted. Its been three times, but the past corruption are ok because ive fix it using reformat but the third time its corrupted, I tried to reformat it but the rmessage "memory card corrupted" pop up. I tried to format again and again but it doesnt work now. I also tried the formatting in PC but it doesnt work. Should I change my memory card?? but please if there are some ways which can fix this without changing my memory card, tell me... Thx for advance.. Im from philippines. THX.. if you have some ways please email me at [protected]@yahoo.com

gegetle
Hey Kiran Kumar, Even i was facing the same problem as unable to format my memory card. Its shows same error as "memory card: already in use". I followed your procedure like changing everything to normal mode by selecting the normal profile like nokia tone and default wallpapers and then tried formating...It really worked..THANKS KIRAN!!!
my 2 memory card's corrupted in 1 month. When i tried to format it in my n70 this pop up has come "formatting complete" & after it show "an error occured error 30". Also in pc memory card does not format. Plz reply me why i can format my memory card.
Hi this is deepak from Ddn, as earlier i formatted my memory card several times thrgh mobile as well as computer, but this time i am unable 2 format it as It gvs mssge memory card corrupted. If there is any other way of formatting then plz write 2 me deepak.[protected]@gmail.com, Thnx alot

Nokia India Phone