[Resolved]  Bengal Shelter / Sisirkunja — Handover

I recently visited Nil Diganta, another ambitious project of BS on Barasat-Barrackpur road. The project was launched about 4 years back with much hype. At that time, they even would not sell you any flat of your choice. You would make payment as they demand and they would draw lottery for distribution of your flat. You have no choice. If you want to buy 2 adjacent flats, after lottery they could well be in two separate blocks. Such was an absurd condition. Anyway, I disagreed to such an absurd condition. At that time they promised to hand you over the flats in 4 years’ time.
As I visited the site out of curiosity I found to my utter dismay that there is nothing but an office room and a few security personnel blocking an imposing gate. True, there were about 3 cement mixture machines and other machines and a few laborers, but no activity. There are excavations here and there, but not a single pillar has yet been erected. If BS wants to deliver what it promised, in my opinion it would take another 10 years to complete the project. And by their word, the flats should have been handed over to the buyers by this time. Such is their dishonesty!
As I was about to book my second flat in Sisirkunja about 3 years back, HDFC informed me that they kind of blacklisted BS, as BS was running low on some financial qualifying parameters. BS was kind of bankrupt, HDFC was not very much hopeful of its recovery. That was about the time of the economic slump. I cancelled my booking of the second flat, incurring a loss of 5000, 10% of cost of booking. But I would never regret it, as BS has failed to deliver my 1st flat even after 80 months of its booking.
I used to frequent Sisirkunja till a couple of years ago. In my perception, the labourers were less than adequate; the work was progressing at a very slow pace. The BS people were arrogant and lied innumerable times when asked about the time of completion of the project. They used to extend the time of their handover every 6 months, never regret their utter failure. What’s annoying about it is that they have taken their customers for granted and are playing child’s game with their money and time. They have no credibility, no agenda to keep their commitment.
I will always regret having made an investment with them.

Ashim Banik