Idea Cellular

West Bengal (Except Kolkata): +91 90 9301 2345

View More Information...

Good

Idea Cellular Complaints & Reviews

This is regarding the complaint i registered by calling 1909 regarding the dnd issue. Complaint number c1-[protected]. Providing some document and saying i have subscribed for receiving messages from the vendor, i do not want to hear the same this time. I am sure that idea cannot take a single step regarding the vendor who is sending sms to my mobile because idea and vendor is playing game together by tying their hands.

I think you (Idea) & vendor is playing a nice game blaming customer by sending the messages to their mobiles. If not so why you are not implementing a proper validation technique before sending messages to customers. Since messages are coming via your services you should have some responsibility, and there is no meaning in blaming the vendor.

At last you will say give complaint to trai. Till that time you & your vendor can nicely send messages to customers mobile. What a game plan you people are implemented to cheat the customer. I know idea is receiving the huge amount from vendor for allowing to reach sms in fully registered dnd mobile.

After doing the below first i am posting the complaint here.

In order to register the complaint for dnd, please text within 3 days of promotion - details of promotion recd,,. Send to 1909.
beware - sending sms frequently to dnd registered mobile after having tying up with vendor - nice game to cheat customer by idea service provider
Sep 17, 2017

Aug 17, 2017
Idea Cellular Customer Care's response
Hi!We regret that you have to face this. Your issue is acknowledge under C1-[protected] ref no. Please be rest assured an update for the same shall be shared as on 24/Aug/2017 01:57:14 PM.

Aug 17, 2017
Updated by radeepnbr
There is no meaning in saying a word "regret". Can you able to do something from your end to stop this hell messages. Regarding your solution i know what you people are going to say.

This is kavitha, i had a mobile balance of rs.30, without any usage they simply deducted money from my account. When i called to customer care, they told the details for deduction it is not updated. And asked me to call after one hour.

The has been done on (16/8/2017) at 9.04 am (Duration 10m 2s), contacted bangalore customer care

When i called the again, they told the deduction has been happened towards the usage of internet.

I did not using data services, in my mobile data services option is "off", when i told i am not using data services, the answer given by us is "if your are using wifi or hot-spot" then also money will be deducted.

I did not understand if we are using wifi how the money for "internet usage" will be deducted.

Kindly help me, to get my money to be refund.

Note: (Even a single rupee is valuable for the people, who are struggling financially). K

Idea Cellular Customer Care's response
    Hi!We understand your concern. Due to data usage the amount is been deducted.Please write us at [protected]@idea.adityabirla.com for assistance. Also you may contact 198/12345 for services and complaints if any.

Meeta.

Respected sir/madam, recently i changed my mobile number (+91 [protected]) network from reliance network to idea network using mnp on july 5th 2017. I paid ₹444/- at the time of mnp and they said that i will receive following benefits for next 84 days (September 26, 2017) :-
      For 4g handset mobile:
      2) 3000 minutes to other networks
      3) daily 1gb 4g data (84 gb for 84 days)

For 3g handset mobile:
      2) 3000 minutes to other networks
      3) 2gb 3g data for first 35 days (Up to 8th august, 2017).

I am using lenovo zuk z1 (4g handset mobile) and i got:-
      2) 3000 minutes to other networks
      3) daily 1gb 4g data (84 gb for 84 days)
      4) 2gb 3g data with 35 days validity (Till 8th august, 2017)

I am using the same phone from staring and definitely i use less than you 1000 minutes till date... But after august 8, 2017, the extra 2gb data and more than 2000 minutes are expired. I called customer care and they said i used 3000 minutes and they are not expired. I asked for complete details for those 3000 minutes, at least major call details. They respond recklessly, and not responding well. Definitely they will give 3g offer (If it was 4g offer, they won't give extra 2gb with 35 days validity). So please take severe action on them and enquire complete details regarding this issue &re-back my unused minutes as early as possible. Please respond soon. I am waiting for your reply.

Hi!
      As checked and found, benefit is provided as recharge.Also charges are deducted accordingly if pack is expired. We regret that you have to face this.We will surely look into it and enhance at the earliest.

Meeta
      I do not have good network coverage at the location Lakshmikanthnagar, Mysore. Please let me know if the network can be improved somehow.
      Idea is worst-est company ever... no any customer care available any time for customer complaints. everyone don't choose this company.. if you have idea sim poart it to any other company.

Please let me know how to prevent these from popping up. They are irritating and annoying, to say the least. They occur several times every time i start anything new - whether responding to calls, making calls, replying to or sending sms or facebook messages or whatsapp messages or emails. I am at my wits end for the last few days. Hope you will provide a quick relief to your customer since april, 1998. My mobile number is [protected], the service provider is idea.

Hi!
        Please type *121*46# to deactivate the same.Please write us at [protected]@idea.adityabirla.com for further assistance. You may also contact 198/12345 for services and complaints if any.

Meeta
          I got a message saying i've been charged for bluelima service for which i never subscribed and weekly ₹35 is cut
          I...

Dear team,

Greetings

As per my adhar card and document given to idea my complete name is chirag sureshchandra raval and idea profile wrongly updated my father name "sureshchan" which not make sense, how can this error made??, also in address house name is "vishu" not "visu", i got to know this all after received my bill copy, please update this asap and look in to this matter or else i will escalate this to indian ministry also i have no time for this updation, its idea look out to have resolution of this, i am attaching copy of adhar card,

My idea number is [protected] and which is vip number

Quick response is highly appriciate

Chirag
          personal name and address issue
          personal name and address issue

Idea Cellular Customer Care's response
          Hi!We understand your concern regarding the same. Please visit the nearest My Idea Store with the documents and aadhar card by following http://bit.ly/1nbfoqO url to locate store in your area.Also would inform that request is initiated under C1-[protected] ref no. Be assured an update for the same will be given as on 24/Aug/2017 07:02:12 PM.

Aug 27, 2017
          Updated by Chirag S. Raval
          Team,

Greetings

Based on mail please look in to this and confirm why still my father name is not updated as per given adhar card copy and also the query was raised for same it's still sureshchan instead of sureshchandra, this is to update you i have already told idea field executive based on bhavnagar for the correction, please expedite this on high priority or else i will escalate this to TRAI for same, what is the meaning of address changed ticket closed ?? You can track by my adhar card also

PFA adhar card copy and idea portal snap shot

PFB the mail details which i received from idea
          "Dear Customer, your request for Billing Address Change has been processed successfully through Communication IdC1-[protected]You should be receiving all your correspondence on this new billing address henceforth"

On 2nd of May I had applied for post to prepaid scheme from conaught place customer care centre Dehradun after clearing my all dues but the scheme has not been started yet. Rather the bill is increasing month by month though the sim is deactivated.I m very much dissapointed from customer service in centre Who are only giving the assurance but not working on it.

Idea Cellular Customer Care's response
            Hello!As per details checked and found, number is temporarily disconnected. Also we have taken complaint regarding the same under C1-[protected] ref no. Be assured an update will be shared as on 23/8/2017.

Sir
              I have take a new idea number today. Number is [protected]. Sir that'snumber did not activate. Sir I unable t contact 59059 for sim activation. Sir please do any thing for activation number.
                I am not able to send text messages from my Idea mobile network sim from past 2 days. When I called up the Idea customer care...

This is very worst network.. I used in my life. The customer give wrong information.. To me.. When i did a recharge of rs97 the customer introduced me wrong offers which i did not need just for sake of money.. I request all the users not to use this network. Its a # time pass network.. And the customer not reply after 3-4 per no. My no. Is [protected] in which the customer introduce me wrong pack and not refunded ne till now.. I did recharge in 10/8/17..

Hi Abhishek,
                Basis conversation a while ago, we affirm that compliant is acknowledge under[protected] ref no. Be assured an update will be served as on 18/08/2017 01:39:00 PM.

Meeta.

Bluelima service is activated without my knowledge and an amount of rs35 is deducted from my balance. Please de-activate this service and refund that amount to my main balance. This is very unfortunate that something like this is happening ever now and then and amount is deducted illegally from the customer. I also spoke to customer care and the person was trying to blame it on me that i activated myself and that i also did a confirmation sms for this. This is unbelievable that how public's money is deducted and them blamed on

Mob:[protected]
                  bluelima deducted 35 rs automatically

Idea Cellular Customer Care's response
                  Hi!Your concern regarding the VAS is initiated under[protected] ref number.Be rest assured an update shall be shared as on 18/08/2017 08:00:00 PM.Please mail us at [protected]@idea.adityabirla.com for assistance. You may contact 198/12345 for further services and complaints if any.

Sir/Madam
                    With due respect, I want to put in your kind notice that, I Pradeep Kothari using idea Mobil number [protected]. I want to port it out from idea to other network, for the same region I have filled the from and submitted it on 5/08/2017 from that date the idea network imposing on me unnessary charges which I have paid already.
                    My last date to port out is 16/08/2017 but they are sending again and again various charges which I am unable to understand.
                    I have already sended them mails but they are not responding satisfactory.
                    Kindly help me out from this situation so that I can port it out by tomorrow.
                    I will be highly thankful to you for the same.
                    With regards

Pradeep Kothari
                    Sep 15, 2017

Idea Cellular Customer Care's response

As your last date is 16/08/17, we would suggest you to wait. you can also contact us on 12345 or email us on [protected]@idea.adityabirla.com

Respected sir,
                      Today I have recharge of Idea cellular Rs.404..Then i have using / searching on Google, Facebook, Whatsapp. After 1 hrs i have got the sms of blue lima service is activated and your account balance Rs.15/- has been deducted.. I shocked/ confused about these sms.Because i have can't activated any type of Bluelima Service. I have also attached the screen shot of sms received me. It is big mistake by Idea company..I have humble request you Please stop this service and refund
                      same amount if Rs15/- in my account main balance..I am very thankful you sir..
                      Mobile number - [protected]
                      activated if bluelima service

Idea Cellular Customer Care's response

As checked, your vas service is activated in your number. to deactivate sms STOP to 155223.

Simranjeet Arora.
                      Sir I did recharge with 444rs for 84 days unlimited data and unlimited calls ..but yesterday onwards not making calls bcz it says insufficient balance .I contacted ur customer care but they are saying ur 3000mins for others networks are completed but I didn't those much calls ...please solve my problem otherwise I will leave ur network

Dear Fraudsters at Idea,
                        1. I was earlier using a I-plan (which is plan for customised by customers) for the value of 749 Rs.
                        2. On 13th of Aug I switched plan from the 749 I-plan to a 649 Rs standard plan by Idea.
                        3. On 15th of Aug I received a text from idea saying that Credit Limit of Rs. 3, 800 has been crossed and that my unbilled amount is Rs. 4, 102.77. Due to this my services have been stopped.
                        4. On calling the Idea consumer care I was told by their most intelligent operators Madhuri Gaikwad and Prateek Thakur that when you switch from customised plan (I-plan) to an ordinary plan all the services that were charged under the previous plan (in my case at Rs749) would be charged at pro-rata basis.
                        5. Then they informed me that I was at fault as I had changed the plan without calling customer care. As I had done this online I now had to pay 4102 Rs. Idea, by the way, insists through their marketing campaign that people use their website and app. All of this is to fool consumers in such ways.
                        6. Mr.Thakur also told me that I should visit the FAQ page before changing my plan. This is misdirection on part of Idea as FAQ are sought voluntarily by customers. While consumers SHOULD be informed of possible charges BEFORE they take a decision whether it be online or otherwise, by Idea, which they don't as they are money grubbing cheats.
                        7. The FAQ (still invalid argument but nevertheless) is located in small font at the very bottom of page.
                        8. No indication of any added charges is made anywhere whatsoever in plan change process. This is fraud on part of Idea as can be seen from the images .
                        Can you guys stop doing fraud and drop these charges? Or will you continue to fool customers to use your web portal where you do not furnish information clearly about charges?
                        P.S - I have an audio file of the conversation where Prateek (he really lives up to his name, very good man) tries very hard push your unethical policies but fortunately for you I cannot upload audio on this website. But don't worry it will certainly hold up in a court of law as a form of malpractice.

Idea Cellular Customer Care's response
                        Hi!We understand your concern. As per details checked and found, the amount is added to the bill as usage.No such error is found in the system.

Meeta,
                        One of two things has happened. First probabilty is that your Call operators, both, on separate occasion told the same lie that the bill is for pro-rata charges this can be proved based on what you're saying that it is my actual usage bill and not pro-rata charges. Second probability is that they are my actual usage charges which are surprisingly the exact fake amount quoted by your team in my bill - Rs 4102 and my actual monthly bill is something else entirely. But you see second option is not possible as each my bill would come in the range of 850-950 based on plan plus taxes. How is it that the day after I have changed my plan my billed usage shot up to Rs 4102.

Please don't try and cheat me further. Are you willing to drop those charges or not?

And don't give me lies that can be seen through for to support a fraudulent policy that's in place. I have the voice recording of two of your operators telling me that is pro rata charges based on your policy.
                        Regards.

I have recharge for Rs 404 for unlimited calls and 1Gb /day for 84 days. However, from first day itself I am not getting even 2g speed. Luckily my phone is dual sim hence I recharged to other operator for getting internet facility.

I have made several complaints to idea C Care executive though always get rude response and my complaints closed without solving my problem.

I am regularly using this number from past decade and seems now have to port out to better operator.

Navneet

Idea Cellular Customer Care's response

As checked, data speed issue is been discussed and resolution is communicated.

Updated by navneetgund
                          It was never resolved the matter was closed as wished by IDEA despite informing that matter is unresolved.

You may check the net usage, it was hardly used since there is no speed at all.

I believe that please focus on issue as I have paid to your for the services which I am not getting.
                          Idea Cellular Customer Care's response
                          Hi!We understand how frustrating is this.We have acknowledge complaint under[protected] ref no. Be assured an update shall be shared as on 21/08/2017 12:56:00 PM.Please allow some more time to look into the same.

Aug 28, 2017
                          Updated by navneetgund
                          Sir 21st August has been passed and half of the services for which you already got paid not delivered to me.

Shall I expect similar lackluster treatment for future course from your end. It's quite annoying that despite passing more than fortnight I am expecting your duty-full response from you.

Hope internet speed related issue would resolve and complaint wouldn't closed until it actually resolved.
                          My idea no [protected] give me call details for 1 jun 2017 to 25 July 2017

I have done recharge through idea app but talktime not received.
                            Info: PUR/IDEA/MUMBAI/IDEA/Seq No[protected]
                            Kindly look into the matter, amount already debited from my account.

Have ported from idea prepaid punjab circle to idea prepaid delhi circle. However i am not able to contact 59059 for televerification. My sim is not working & i am unable to contact anyone. Idea customer care for other operators never work. Need to activate the no soon. my number is [protected]. whenever i am trying to call i am listning just "Number does not exists"

Idea Cellular Customer Care's response

As checked your number is not active, please wait for the network . once you get network signals, call on 59059 for televarification.

Updated by sunil93390
                              network signals are coming properly and ussd codes are working properly but call to 59059 is not working
                              Idea Cellular Customer Care's response

As per details checked and found in the system, we are glad to inform that both provided number are active in prepaid connection.You may write us at [protected]@idea.adityabirla.com/social media for further assistance. Please contact 198/12345 for services and complaints if any.

Updated by sunil93390
                              thanks

Dear CS,
                                This is not a new connection, I have shifted it from corporate connection to individual. The numbers are running with me from the last 4 years.
                                I have to port my numbers to Reliance Jio/Airtel, reason being no 4G in Delhi/NCR.
                                In order to port to Jio/Airtel individual, I have to first shift Idea numbers from corporate to individual and then only it can be ported.

I need to immediately port to JIO/Airtel. Giving such illogical answer (90 days from date of activation) will not make customer forcefully use IDEA number.
                                I will go to consumer court if this is not resolved in couple of days. Else will throw the number.

Need immediate resolution...

Thanks & Regards
                                Rakesh
                                Sep 15, 2017

Updated by rakeshsharad
                                The Complaint is against my IDEA Mobile Numbers which is [protected] / [protected] / [protected]
                                Idea Cellular Customer Care's response

Please provide your idea contact number, shortly we will update you.

Updated by rakeshsharad
                                Already given in the next comment.There are 3 numbers i.e. [protected] & [protected] & [protected]

Dindo service... Today i got a massage dindo service has been activated on your phone and you charged 150/- for one months.. Its totally fraud with me.. I don't even know actually what is dindo service then how they charge me 150 rupee... Its totally irritating thing's... Now i know how they are make fool postpaid customers. Shame on you. Didn't connect with customer care also all customer care executive are busy on another call when i tried same massage i heard.
                                  Not resolved

Hi Ashwin,

As checked, vas service is active in your number and it is activate by the consent of customer.to deactivate sms STOP to 155223.

Simranjeet Arora.
                                  Actually this was happened to me also . Idea guys are saying I only activated it. I never seen such apps . Neither request that service.

Then I called customer service and they have deactivated it. after that, I completely forgot that issue. again after two months, it was activated without my knowledge on November, at that time I am out of the country and not using that SIM. it was kept in my pocket. again I called the customer care and they are saying completely different things. and they are saying it was not deactivated.

when I was in Voda I never faced this kind of issues. My question is, without requesting any service, why Idea is activating such services without customer's knowledge. and why they are coming in the bill. and how they can activate themselves, when I'm in different country and not using the SIM at all .. I dont even have ISD facility at that time.

I m ramharee gokul sonawane
                                    From mumbai dahisar.
                                    My mobile no. [protected]
                                    I used ur mobile service last 5 years to till date.
                                    I not used only idea no.
                                    I hve other mobile company no. Also for calling.
                                    Many problems face on my idea number.
                                    So just pls give me answer of my 1 question.
                                    Want to know any good quality in idea cellular mobile company.?
                                    Pls answer my 1 question i[censored] hve.
                                    Customer importance 0 %
                                    Complaint resolution 0%
                                    Grievance has been registered vide registration number dotel/e/2017/25538
                                    My postpaid billing no. [protected] plan rs 174/- only max bill rs. 700/-
                                    My internet usage is very low.
                                    Wen i porting reqest to idea company 6 june 2017.
                                    Idea company employee mr. Prakash bhoir called me and
                                    Request me for dont port ur number.
                                    I give u best plann for u. He given me plan rs. 349/-
                                    Unlimited calling and internet 1 gb per day.
                                    So i agree with him i ask him what is my maximum bill for month
                                    So he told me max bil is rs. 400 to rs. 450/-
                                    And he changed my billing plan date 6 june 2017 time aprox 15.00pm
                                    And same day time 18.00 company bill raised rs.2000/- plus
                                    So now idea company total bill that month rs. 2714/-
                                    Why i pay this amount.
                                    Date 6 june to yet date 29 july 2017 many time i complaint to idea company
                                    For this wrong bill issue. But no any one solve or satisfied answer from idea company.
                                    All idea company executive force me to pay the bill.
                                    Many time i request to idea company pls send my 6 june 2017
                                    Recording conversation with idea company executive mr. Prakash bhoir.
                                    Company denied this request.
                                    Couse company executive gave me false commitment
                                    And recording is only proof of that.

So i[censored] not provide me that recording means
                                    Ur executive mr. Prakash bhoir commit me false and wrong information.
                                    If i m wrong pls provide me that clip.
                                    I hope u understand my problem.
                                    Thank you for irretating last 2 months
                                    Very very bad experience from bad idea persons.
                                    I m not satisfied with company executives giving waiver rs. 1488/-.
                                    All executive misguideing last 2 months.
                                    Very irretating behaviour.
                                    Junior and senior executives told me give me 48 hours for solve this problem.
                                    And he take 2 months but no solution.
                                    Lot of time company executive disconnected my call when i talk with him.
                                    When i called on retention deaprtment head person he told me dont call on this number.
                                    So where i called.
                                    Idea company provide complaint no. 198 /[protected] / [protected]
                                    This all no not connecting so where i call and give complaint.
                                    If not connecting this numbers so why published
                                    Actualy idea company charged me extra rs.2200/-
                                    I have had a lot of financial and mentally damage.
                                    Every week idea company disconnect my outgoing service.
                                    So pls check and justice me.
                                    Company giving waiver mean company executive is in foult.
                                    No need to waiver. If i m wrong i ready to pay full bill amount but i need right justice.
                                    Becouse idea company disconnect my outgoing 2 lakhs of rupees have been lost.
                                    So pls pressure to company provide that call recording or tell me to repay my loss rs. 2 lac only.
                                    Now today date 14/8/2017 idea company sent me apologies letter and agree for executive mistake.
                                    But who pay my financialy and mentally loss.
                                    Aug 14, 2017

Idea Cellular Customer Care's response

We regret to the inconvience cost. as we checked, your concern is initiated with us and in progress. please find the communication number C1-[protected]. shortly we will assist you.