IFB Industries

Kolkata
Kolkata District
West Bengal

1800 3000 5678  (Others)
1860 425 5678  (BSNL & MTNL)

Mobile:
Mobile:

Fax:
Fax:

Awesome

IFB Industries related photos (803)

Complaints with pictures are more trusted and informative    View all

IFB Industries Complaints & Reviews

IFB Industries — Senator 6 kg Washing Machine [Resolved]

dafiina
IFB Senator 6 kg washing machine; it has manufacturing defects and also spoils your floor by oozing our detergent regularly...

IFB / Automatic Washing Machine Executive Elite — Complaint ticket number 1959688 dated 12th July 08 in Bangalore [Resolved]

ramesh Savanur

I am Ramesh from Bangalore the user of IFB Automatic washing Machine Executive ELITE, my machine is under...

IFB Bosch / Washing Machine Elena — Vibrating immensely at Spin and machine falling down [Resolved]

RENU SAMUEL
I bought "Elena" Model of Washing Machine in the month of March 2008 and from day one it had problems...At spin...

Senthil Shanmugasundaram
I got this machine on Dec 31' 2007, Serial No .94086 Place: Chennai

We are having lot of problems- getting lot of sounds and the machine is jumping like frog and raised almost eight complaints in one month. Complaints # 1851865, 1903407

Nothing is working for us. Every time they are giving wrong information to us.. Very poor customer service. I asked the manager for replacement, he told me that according to the manual, we provide only service in the warranty period not replacement...

Almost four times they have done the service nothing is work out for me.. Kindly let me know whom I need to contact for machine replacement.

This machine would be good, if it is working fine.. about the customer service, it is very very poor . I think third party is taking over the service bit, they are concentrating only on money not service.. Initially they are asking to us to buy the detergent and some other cleaning items.

Is this the way IFB works?

Senthil S

Suresh Sunkara
    40 Days Back I purchased a IFB make 5KG Digital Washing Machine.From the 2nd day onwards it is giving lot of problems.The machine is stopping in between, It is not moving forward from 30 mins in quick wash mode.4 times i have given complaints regarding this. But till now my problems have not been rectified.Whoom do i contact?????I already spoke to Mr.Kamal Mitra & Steaven Augasteen.But there is no proper response.This is very very bad.I need proper reply from IFB. otherwise i need to approach Consumer forum.Wainting for your Reply... Suresh Sunkara

RAJEEV RANJAN PRASAD
      Before a month back I bought IFB washing machine but for last two weeks it is dead. I lodged a complain through costomer care but is not attended so far. Daily 5-6 times I am reminding, but I am getting assurance that it will be attended on priority bais. The matter is also taken up with the higher official but there is no diffence in any situation.

In single sentence, IFB running a very poor after sales service.
      I bought a New IFB Senator 6 Kg in NOV' 2007. The machine is still under warranty till Nov' 2009 and i even purchased the 2 years extended warranty.

Couple of days back when the machine was on and wa sin drying mode suddenly the machine started making a loud unusual sound. I ran up to see whats happening but within seconds the machine popped out from the stand and fell down. Luckily my wife escaped from any injury as she was standing next to the machine.
      I logged a complaint for the same (complaint number 3162966) and a technician did visited my home and after opening up the complete machine he told me that it will cost me around 6000/- bugs to get the machine repaired (since its shockers, drum, heater coil and some other parts have been damaged). When i asked him that my machien is still under warranty why am i supposed to pay for any damage / fault appearing while the workign of machine but of no use. I even talked to couple of their senior persons in the company but no one is ready to accept the fact that i should get the benifit of the warranty.

Infact when i argued with the technician who visite my house he made a statement that had i purchased the IFB stand with machine (and not used my own stand which i have been using with my other machines and coolers from many many years) than all my repairs would have ben done free of costs.

Does that means the warranty of machine is valid only i[censored] buy the IFB tand too ... i couldn't found any such conditions written any where in the warranty document.

Now i'm in big messy state of what to do since the IFB technician left the machien in open state with all its parts out from the cabinet and since then its been 3 days no one else from IFB has visited us and no one is ready to help us. The only option i'm seeing is to accept what ever IFB person is saying and pay them a big amount to get my machine repaired.

I feel like being cheated and feeling like an for going for a Big brand who do not have any after sale service or costumer satisfaction / delight once their product is sold.

Can any one suggest wht to do ?

IFB Washing Machine - Executive Plus — VERY HIGH PRICE OF COMPONENTS [Resolved]

ASIS KUMAR CHANDRA
        I purchased the IFB Washing machine (Executive plus) model around 6 yrs. back. After 3 yrs. of purchase the drier motor wasbr...

V.KANAGASUNDARAM
        DEAR SIR,
        WE PURCHASED A IFB WASHING MACHNE IN THE COMPANY OUT LET IN CHENNAI AND WHEN WE PAID MONEY AND GOT THE MACHINE ONE OF THE DEMO PERSONS HAD CHEATED MY WIFE AND TAKE AWAY RS.3000/ BY GIVING SOME DETERGENT POWDER AND WHEN I IMMEDIATELY REPORTED THE MATTER TO THE COMPANY AND THREATENED ACTION THE MONEY WAS RETURNED. BUT NOW AGAIN WHEN THE SERVICE PEOPLE WAS CALLED FOR OVER HEATING A SERVICE PERSON FROM THE COMPANY CAME AND GAVE DESCALING MATERIAL FOR RS.450/ AND WHEN THE MATERIAL WAS USED THE DRUM OF THE MACHINE GOT BURNT. AND AFTER THAT I UNDER STAND THAT IT NEED NOT BE USED AT ALL. IF THEY ARE GOING TO WORK WITH SUCH NETWORK THEY WILL SOON BE OUT OF RACE IN INDIA
        I had purchased a washing machine from IFB in Gurgaon. Ever since I took AMC the machine is not working properly due to poor service technicians. When they open to repair a fault they ensure that a second problem is created. The machine washes well but it is due to untrained, poorly qualified engineers that ensure the machine always has one fault or the other.
        I am in Chennai and have purchase IFB fully automatic machine 3 years back and the machine is under AMC. The service is really pathetic and they NEVER stick on to the commited date to fix the problem. When we contact the Service Engineer he will point out to his Manager, and when we contact the Manager he will not commit on the date at all.

Day by day it is becoming a big worry because of the VERY poor Service of IFB in Chennai. Looking the right contact person to escalate this to next level.
        we have a dishwasher of IFB and we have also paid 2 year AMC.
        we lodged complaint of malfunction on 26th dec08 and this is 31st dec08 none attended inspite of followup on phone leat 30 times.
        very insesitive organisation with no respect for services they sell.
        they should be made accountable. They never update records inspite of eachtime you convey.
        I have purchased IFB senorita plus from adealer at Tambaram. They have send the machine on 12th Jan'09. Repeated complaints the DEMO people not yet come to my home as on 21.01.2009. This is very serious view and the company name will be spoiled in the market. In future I will not buy any product of IFB.
        I purchased an IFB microwave from Mumbai in Sep-06. The machine developed a minor problem in the door closing mechanism on 30 Nov 08 and accordingly i lodged a complaint with IFB care on 01 Dec 08. It has been two months since then, but the problem has not been sorted out due the lackluster approach shown by the company. It is indeed sad to note the dismal attitude of the company in sorting out it's customer's woes. Im' sure in this age of competitive marketing, IFB is going have a rough ride if it does not improve it's service support network.
        WITH REFERENCE TO MY EARLIER COMPLAINT REGARDING IFB WASHING MACHINE BEING BURNT BY THE SERVICE TEAM. I TOOK UP THE MATTER LEGALLY AND SENT A NOTICE TO THE COMPANY AND AFTER THREATENING LEGAL ACTION THE COMPANY HAS SUPPLIED ME A BRAND NEW MACHINE. ONE HAS TO REMEMBER ONE HAS TO BE PATIENT VIGILANT AND SHOULD HAVE THE ENDURANCE TOFIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS. THANKS. V.KANAGASUNDARAM
        very poor service. never pick up the call. never stick on the commited date to cum, f they want money the next min thhey cum to cum. the manager in permbur service does not have manner at all.he talks veru rudely.

saikat pandit
          This is to follow up with the issue of the non-delivery of the IFB Microwave Oven- 17PG1S which was shipped out by your company on 12th May. I had placed an order for the same on the 2nd of May 2008(Mother's Day Special) and as per the terms and conditions of your company, the orders are usually delivered by you, within 4 days. Since you repeatedly ask for time and it has been a month since this issue has been going on (refer my earlier mails), I would like you to kindly send me a scanned copy of the order placed by me and forwarded to the Vendor (IFB), a scanned copy of the shipment details and also the courier receipt.

I would like to follow this issue up on my own and would like to let you know, that I may have to contact the CONSUMER FORUM with regard to this, if no effort is shown by your company in terms of delivering the order, in the meanwhile.

OTG — Delivery not yet received

Delivery not yet received,every day i call them and they revert that today you will definetly recd the delivery now 8 days left.

Thane (Tip Top Plaza)

PURCHASED FROM:B R REFRIGERATION & ELECTRONICS
            PH NO[protected], 2426659, 2418698
            AHMEDNAGAR
            BILL NO:957

WHILE RUNNING FOUND ABNORMAL SOUND .

Parminder Singh Gill
              we had bought a top of the line IFB Microwave 29 Ltrs capacity with all good features. after having used it for some years, we have had the microwave develope some parts failures where in the opening lid / front door of the microwave has a material on its inner lining which began to wither off / began to fell off by being getting brittle in its constitution. we, than led by natural concerns to keep the product / appliance in good working condition, we happen to be at many an electronic dealing shops & showrooms in Ludhiana and Chandigarh but to no avail. Almost all of the dealers in the two towns have said that this product is out of circulation and they cannot help us to get it fixed. although the product is in absolutely good running condition but we have been strictly adviced by our well wishers and the all of the electronic goods sellers in the area to not to use it because of the scare of the radiations getting leeked and causing harm to my family in that case. Can i be helped by getting the same repaired to functioned normally.

IFB MICROWAVE — machine not working

We have purchased a new microwave from IFB it is a 30 ltr model. 3 days back we have installed it but it is not working. There is no heat wave there kindly send some body to check.

Address A-24 Jung Pura B
              Near hotel rajdoot
              New Delhi110014

VIKAS1571
                We had purchased IFB washing machine digital 5kg on 25th June 07. It started giving us complaints from 23rd August 07. Small clothes used to get trapped in the machine & choke the machine. We have to get it opened up many times through service engineer. Lateron the condition of machine worsened & many of our expensive clothes were torn & damaged in the machine.

Service personnel from IFB have already come not less than 10 times and have not given any permanent solution. We have already lost our many expensive clothes due to its persistent problem of tearing up of clothes. Inspite of repeated reassurances the recurent & chronic problems of this washing machine are not being corrected and we request IFB to replace the defective machine or take back the machine and save us from further suffering.

Harvinder
                  i have purchased ifb washing machine on 17 th June by cash payment from Next showroom Vikhroli.till date despite repeated calls no one has come to install the machine
                  I have also purchased IFB washing m/c senorita Dlx model on 8th October 2008. And after sevaral follow and reminders person from IFB came after a week and then found that m/c is defective. Now IFB persons says that m/c is defective and they will replace but they will charge the delivery charges. Based on last ten days experirnce I am not sure that they will deliver the m/c .

I am really very disappointed and feel cheated after spending so much money on IFB m/c.
                  Dishwasher under warranty not repaired for the past 1 1/2 months.
                  Oct 17 08 IFB Dishwasher not working - complained on 39004321. Complaint No. 2300116.
                  Will attend within 48 hrs.
                  Oct 25 08 Reminded on 39004321 Complaint No. 2347518.
                  Oct 30 Remined: Delay due to the holidays in between. Will be attended soon.
                  Dec 03 Another reminder no. 2496481
                  Local Manager Complaints: Mr Indrapal [protected] – many times tried: No response.
                  Feels frustrated with the IFB service.
                  NB Nair.
                  I have lodged a complaint on 8.11.2010 for my IFB washing machine, but no body has come yet.. inspite of my repeated reminders. my complaint no is 5388767. This is causing inconvenience.
                  cell no- [protected]

vinod.pandita
                    I had a bad experince that I want to share and need advise and help as I have beared a loss of RS[protected] just to replace a motor.

My experience goes like...this

Dear Team,

I had a bad experince that I want to share and need advise and help as I have beared a loss of 6-8 thousand rupees just to replace a motor.

My experience goes like...this

I have one IFB Elena washing machine which was out of warrenty, so I contacted a local vendor for service.The service technician had a through check of machine and came with a fault regarding motor.He said that motor needs to be replaced, so I agreed and paid him sum of Rs 2200 and got a receipt of same on printed bill book with 1 year warranty of motor from the vendor.

Initially it worked fine but after few days it started giving trouble again making a lot of noise and vibration.
                    So I called vednor again and this time he said its drum is craked and need to be replaced.But I preferred to call IFB service center this time, I got drum replaced at a cost of[protected] Rs but had an assurance from the visiting techinician from IFB that machine will work for another 12-18 months without any problem.But before replacing drum I asked IFB technician to have a through check of machine, and he said everything is working fine (motor etc) except DRUM.So I agreed to replace.

But things didnt stop here...now despite spending approx Rs[protected] my machine is not working.IFB technician visited and said motor is faulty.So I contacted vendor who replaced the motor...but he is not turning up despite plenty of calls...Even commitment of IFB technician doesn't stand right here (since he had a through check of machine before replacing the motor as I have insisted him to do so)

Please suggest and advise what action (legal) I can take against both the vendors so that at least I can recover my money.

Is it possible that I may approach consumer court.If yes please guide me as I am not aware of the process.I dont bother whatever hassels I may face to get my money back or things working fine as it is all hard earned money which I have spent.

For all these months I have gone through mental stress because of losing unnecessrly 6000 rs for nothing.

Current Situation:

IFB has assured free service but

Home Appliance Care (Naval Tyagi) is making false commitments everday for repalcing the motor...but he is not doing so.

I want my money back from Home Appliance Care (Naval Tyagi) which I have paid against the motor(having 1 year warranty).
                    which hardly worked

Motor was replaced in dec 2007...and till date it has hardly worked
                    Hope you will do the needful...

My contact details :

Vinod Pandita
                    Please note address and contact of vendor who replaced motor:

Home Appliances Care
                    Shp No-8, Lower Ground
                    E-57, West Vinod Nagar, IP Extension
                    Delhi-110092 (Behind swati appartments)

Contact Persons:
                    Naval Tyagi:[protected]
                    Dinesh:[protected]
                    Ravinder

Ph:[protected]

Mubarak
                      I have been calling daily to IFB call centre and they give me new ticket nos. But to my surprise it is one of the worst appliance company i have come across. I am regretting my decision to stick to IFB. I called up thier Mumbai Office too but there was no response. Can some one help me. I have AMC also for the said washing machine.
                      IFB machine giving problem .AMC already done.complaints are not attending for the last one month
                      I am also facing the same AMC problem registering with the famous IFB Washing Machine Co.???????? What else they are doing with AMC. No rep. has turned till time for service. I have also made phone calls to them. but automatic reply in all languages when phoned to the given no. in AMC. After that no response. this is the current ifb position.????? Isuggest that the Consumer Complaint forum may take action against the IFB for cheating the public, doing like this. I have also sent email to them. Till date no response.
                      viswanathan.
                      Officer Concerned,
                      IFB ind Ltd.
                      Sub:- Regarding Non- Performance of IFB microwave model 28SGR1S serial no : IFB[protected]
                      Purchase on 6/03/08 and deficiency after sale service from your Co.

I Amar Nath Kumra bought one IFB microwave model 28SGR1S from M/s Subhash Chand Ashok kumar 20-21 rai mkt Ambala cantt on 6th of March 2008.
                      The appliance has not been working properly since beginning. We have scarcely used the same as it consume more than 15 minutes to heat up even 200 gms of veg.
                      Our first complaint was lodged in June to customer care center, they took the appliance to their center and after a couple of days returned it saying appliance has no problem. Now we have again complained to the center complaint no 2071912 dated 13/08/08, they assured service in 48 hrs. A technician visited our place and told some part, needs replacement, after that we called them again on 19th and 21st but no action has been taken. I have not been able to aval the benefit of product since purchase.
                      I request that the appliance be replaced immediately or else I will be left with no other option but to move to the consumer court.

From:-
                      Mr Amar Nath Kumra
                      2557/15 Bengali Mohalla
                      Ambala Cantt
                      Mb:- [protected]
                      Dear sir

very very bad service, all the cells always the time in switch off position only. showing HELL
                      I am also facing the same problem with IFB service.
                      They do not bother about customer complaints.

Think twice before buying IFB product.
                      Sub: Complaint no. 2904529 dated on 08/04/09 still not attended.
                      Ref: AMC no. 11883, 7 kg digital washing machine NAL guest house
                      Sir/Madam
                      With reference to the above complaint no one has turned up to check our digital washing machine. We appreciate if any one of IFB engineer attends to the complaint at the earliest & set right the machine for which we will be thankful to you.

BH Mahabeer singh
                      Guest House In-charge

IFB — AMC worst service

i recently renewed my AMC, it was the biggest mistake i have ever made.i am calling them from last two months but nobody is turning please don't buy the machine ever of this fraud company.plz help me if some one can

chandan0106
                        Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Serious Complaint on IFB Washing Machine

I would like to lodge a complaint with the following facts:

1. I had purchased the IFB fully automatic washing machine T2900DX from Spencer Plaza, 769, Anna Salai, Chennai 600 002, vide their invoice No. 4975 dated 10th February 1995.

2. The washing machine was working satisfactorily for so many years since its purchase and had never given me any major problem.

3. On the advice of IFB service engineers from time to time, I entered into an annual maintenance contract (hereinafter called AMC) with IFB, contract AMC No 001898 dated 16th June 2004 for a period of one year upto 15th June 2005.

4. After entering into the AMC in June 2004, there have been not less than fifteen or more complaints with machine not working in one way or the other. During this period from June 2004 till date, every time an engineer would come and inspect the machine and advice replacing a part. This has resulted in replacing the drum, motor, valve and other major parts. I have today only the washing machine outer cover remaining with literally all original parts of the machine replaced by defective and sub standard parts.

5. Since 2004, the IFB machine was been literally rendered hopeless for any operation by the so called service engineers, who to my surprise, include even some little boys whose age may be only around 12 or 15. Some of these boys who lacked the basic training even have damaged the rubber lining of the drum with a hole, while attempting to fix the rubber with the outer case. All the original parts have been replaced and none of the parts seem to work well and the machine shows its inefficiency after a couple of days of its rendering the service.

6. I have therefore made up my mind to lodge this complaint and would appreciate a compensation for the machine which was working so well for so many years till 2004. I only hope in this country there are some good consumer caring agencies like your esteemed organsiation who can come to our rescue. I have so far been managing with the machine for the past 4 years.

7. My last complaint a couple of weeks ago was that the IFB machine was leaking and there was water all round the place. No one ever seemed to answer my call, inspite of my religious calls (almost 5 calls a day), when I had to literally shout for them to act. Even after this there was no communication or updates on the spare parts and all of a sudden they show up today the 3rd June 2008 to again look at the machine. I am tired of these service engineers and have therefore decided to call it a day with IFB.

8. MY HUMBLE AND SINCERE REQUEST TO CONSUMERS AT LARGE IS NEVER EVER THINK OF BUYING A IFB WASHING MACHINE IN YOUR LIFE..YOU WILL BE RUINED

9. IFB service team and the managers running the show are totally indifferent to any complaint lodged and the standard reply is that there are no spares.

10. If IFB cannot maintain spares in their stores, why then they are entering into any AMC contract with the customer? I have never heard of IFB coming up readily with any spare and the standard reply is the spare is out of stock.

11. I sincerely feel that IFB should close down their shop immediately and I would request your forwarding this mail to the concerned authorities. I am sure many customers are suffering like this wondering what to do.

12. Please do let me know if I can take this up with any other higher authorities for immediate resolution, if you are not able to handle it for any reason.

13. Please reply to my email [protected]@gmail.com

Thanking you,

Yours faithfully,

K.S. Ramachandran
                        Residence: "Amritha", 2nd Floor, E58A, 21st Cross Street, Besant Nagar, Chennai 600 090, India. Res Tel:[protected] /[protected]; Mobile:[protected]; Email: [protected]@gmail.com; [protected]@gmail.com;
                        they are not selling new spares . The service centers purchasing the old washing machines and using their spares for the washing machines under AMC .The AMC agreement also written like that only .They say that working spare will be provided and not the new one .
                        The SERVICE of IFB is horrible, ridiculous, etc.etc. my COMPLAIN MADE ON 28TH OCT 2010 is NOT YET(16TH DEC 2010) been ATTENDED. I would request everyone NOT TO BUY ANY IFB PRODUCT because of its poorest service. Complaints made to them FALL ON DEAF EARS. Technicians are trained only to make promises. My email id is [protected]@ymail.com
                        Please call their VP service Mr. A S Negi [protected].

I had also done for my washing machine & spoken in harsh manner. My problem got resolved in few hours

I would like to register my anguish and despair at the way Service Request are handled by your company

We have been using IFB washing Machine Executive Plus since 2006 and thee have been no major problems I must say

Our ordeal started when we tried to get a call registered for first time for this machine

1. Call Center System is mostly down they are not able to register complaint most of the time, they direct us to technical staff.
                        2. Technical staff's only intention is to replace the parts at hefty price without bothering to resolving the issue permanently.
                        3. Call center gave the numbers of Mr Ravinder (Engineer) and Supervisor (Deepika) but of no use
                        4. Even 2 weeks after registering the complaint getting my Drum and bearing changed my Machine is still not working
                        5. I have another IFB front loading washing machine at my home in Rohtak Haryana which we are using for 12 years without any such problems like replacing drums bearing etc.

Need your Intervention to resolve this issue and ask your engineers to do their duty properly

regards
                        Nitin Khanna

IFB Washing Machine — amc contract serivce person not coming [Resolved]

a2kot73
                          please be kind enough to note that we have been using the ifb washing machine since last many years and even taken amc contract...

Sachin Chandran
                          I got a Microwave model number 17 PM MEC1 as an annual gift from my company delivered to my native place at Rohtak, Haryana on 29-April-2008. It was working just fine for 1 week then due to voltage fluctuation it got it fuse tripped. I called up the service station on 5- may-2008. One person Randheer who said he was a qualified IFB professional came to my house and instead of replacing bad fuse with new one he connected both ends of fuse through wire (a work around). After which he plugged on the device again. But to my horror this time it started smoking with strange burning noise also. He left my place saying it was just because of some faulty diode which he will replace. Since then 20 days has passed. We call him regularly but he neither comes nor gives us any concrete reason for the fault.
                          i have purchased IFB microwave latest convection model, but to my shock it is not registered in IBM site, i doubt on the authenticity of the product.

IFB Micro oven (Convection model) — No response for repair of Microwave

Respected Sir/ Madam
                          I have purchased a Micro oven last year from IFB direct booking from nasik
                          Product : Micro Oven , Convection Model (25SC2), 25 Litre
                          Sl No : 2508/08/07169
                          Place : Nasik
                          Purchase Date :27 Nov 2008(Warranty One year + One year Extended Warranty)
                          Complaint No: 3534059 dated 24 Sep 09
                          Problem : No Heating
                          Initially a service engineer attended the complaint but could'ny repair it. Suspected Magnetron, changed the item after 07 days, still problem not solved, after taht suspect transformer... this way every other component they suspected at last I have to arry the product to the service Centre. After all most 02 Months they still could'nt repair the item. Now their are not responding to my calls. I have tried to contact higher authorities of IFB but their response was negative. Tired of all this things I awant to put up case in consumer court, kindly register the complaint and please guide further

Vijay Kushwaha

Eshan Kaul
                            Dear Mr. Dasgupta,
                            President & CEO
                            Ph:[protected]

I have purchased an IFB top loader washing machine on 11th May 2008 model no. (AW60-9021) and since then I am regretting my decision. I was informed by the dealer to contact IFB customer service for a demo which I did but after delay of some days finally an executive along with his assistance arrived at my home at about 8:30 PM at night and was already in hurry. He refused to attend to out request of shifting the direction of the drain pipe of which I had confirmation from the IFB sales team that it could be done. Moreover, the most shocking thing that happened was that he took away (stole) one the inlet hose pipe along with him without informing. I raised a formal complaint with the Delhi IFB customer service office.

I spoke with Mr. Aggarwaal (Ph:[protected] who at first was reluctant to agree that this act has been done and said that if customer gets some additional accessories by mistake we take it back. When I asked him even if that was the case shouldn't the customer be informed they are taking an accessory away as it has been sent by mistake, I was of the idea that such unprofessional standards were not being maintained by at least IFB but my expectation of the so called customer service from IFB has miserably failed that IFB executive wait to sneak out things when the customer is not watching. Moreover, when I said that on the catalogue 2 inlet hose pipes are supposed to be with the whole pack he was reluctant in agreeing to the fact. Later he accepted and said it might be a misunderstanding which I again failed to understand as IFB executives should well enough be informed about the washing machine plus should also inform the customer of any additional accessory that might come with the pack although that was not the case. I was told that an advisor will be sent to my place the next day. Just when I thought that my extremely poor experience with IFB is on verge of ending I was proved wrong. I didn't receive any call hence in distress called the call centre (Ph:[protected] and made a complaint I spoke to honey who raised my complaint efficiently and gave me the telephone number of the branch manager Amit Anand but this was just starting of further horrible experience that I was made to go through.

I called Amit Anand (Ph:[protected] and explained him what I have been put through as my first experience with IFB. On listening to my complaint said that he would call me within an hour in response to my complaint as he was in a meeting. The whole day passed and I didn’t receive any call from him. I hope this is isn't the type of customer commitment that you want to portray to your customers. I was really upset, distressed & regretting on my decision of purchasing an IFB product. I wasted my time and my money on calling everywhere to get the issue resolved. I called Amit again he started blaming me on the fact how can our advisor take away the pipe, it must have been a misunderstanding I was shocked at his statement as he was the branch manager and should know how to deal with a customer who had already been poorly serviced by such reputed company which stands for its excellence delivery to its customers. I also told him when he arrived he didn’t bring any pipe with him but when he left he took the pipe with him as my parent were not sure that we didn’t receive any additional accessories. Certainly it is the duty of the executive to let his customers know if any such thing has been sent.

I failed to understand one thing when a customer shells out money from his pocket to buy a product, if he doesn’t receive good after sales service he has right to report this and to raise his voice moreover, an IFB executive picking away machine accessories along with him without any reason and without even informing the customer should be taken seriously. The executive was rude to my family members refused to execute what he came for; this should be taken seriously as I believe you as company are aware what role a satisfied customer play in putting a good word for the company. Which I am sure I won’t be doing if I don’t receive any response on this message as well. Anyways after some argument he agreed he will send someone with the hose pipe and to get the drain hose side changed and just when I though that he being a branch manager would be true on his word….you can now well imagine what would have happened. I was again made to wait for 3 days and took me to call them again to remind that I haven’t received even a call to confirm executive visit as no one turned up on confirmed day of visit. What’s more painful is that I took leave for that day and was waiting for someone to arrive and fix the problem. Even after my repeated calls to Amit Anand, who doesn’t at all look in control of his team, no action has been taken till date and I am writing this letter as an extremely distressed & annoyed customer. I would also like to add that I was planning to purchase other home appliances from IFB but for after seeing such rubbish customer service am not in a mood to but any appliance from IFB unless I get an immediate response and some help from IFB. I have purchased this washing machine on 11th May and since then haven’t used it at even once.

Seek your HELP in resolving this complaint

Eshan
                            Hi Eshan,

I was planning to get the same IFB machine (AW60-9021) and I had almost finialised on it. One of my friend had a similar post sales problem with one of the machines he brought from IFB. I thought that it might happen once in a while, but it seems that it is a common practice with the IFB guys. I guess, I will have to rethink my decision to get the machine.

Thanks for putting your views

Varun
                            I don't need to imagine how painful it has been for you. Alas, this is how things operate in India. You can never imagine these kind of situations in countries like US/UK. But why am I comparing India with US/UK? Do I mean to say, this the best we can expect? Certainly not.

When we spend our hard-earned money to buy something for your family, you expect peace of mind. But these companies, they just don't bother to that!

I can understand you must have even thought about banging the washing machine on the general manager of IFB's head and said, sorry!

Whenever I hear these type incidents, I just feel like slapping the government, the government that takes bulk of our hard-earned money as tax every year and doesn't even bother to make stringent rules to prevent these type of situations. How easy would it have been, had the government passed a rule to make consumer rights stronger! Consumer rights? Does it even exist in India??? everybody man...

VENKATESH

02/05/08 - 04.00pm - Informed by self. IFB commited, they will be sending
                              the person immediately.
                              03/05/08 - 04.00pm - Informed by self. IFB told, they will send the person
                              positively.

No body attended till date.
                              Why the genune company poor responce...
                              IFB company authorities take immediate action. this kind of problem.