Microsoft Complaints & Reviews

2.2
Last updated Nov 24, 2021
Profile

File a complaint to Microsoft

Having problems with Microsoft?

File a complaint and get it resolved by Microsoft customer care. It’s quick effective and absolutely free!

Microsoft reviews & complaints (849)

Dear developers the apps made by developers are just wastage of mb. See android app such a good one pls understand this matterhope to seen good apps soon. Developers are very bad. Games are not upto the mark no educational apps they fool us by writing below the app that it is free but after 15 min it comes purchase it pls remove this waste apps and add good apps
Microsoft customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
My Lumia 535 is stolen from my pocket please find it it's imei no is [protected]. I also complaint for it in police station but they do nothing . My phone stolen at Seth motilal stadium jhunjhunu district, Rajasthan, India
Dear sir/mam in the nokia lumia 630 windows microsoft mobile app store opera mini browser was removed, i quistion to u why do this. .? please again ad this app opera mini in the nokia lumia 630 handset.i requested you.

I am complaining about a promotion that i am a winner from the microsoft promotions board in the amount of $650, 000.00, i just need to know if this real or not? Mark calwell and needing to send information to jerry ahmed from skynet who will deliver the check after receiving information ref#: um/4r[protected]. I am requesting to find out if there is anything called microsoft promotions board awarding money to individuals randomly. Everybody wants to be a winner but this is so not fair for people to play with people like this wanting information to receive something. I figure this is a hoax that's why i am complaining. If something is for you then they should send it automatically without having information sent to them so that they can send you something. Please inform me of your outcome.
    Microsoft customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

Worst technical support or customer service by microsoft. I was on chat support for two days.
      Day 1: a rep was connected to my computer remotely to fix the issue and never reconnected post a restart.
      Day 2: a rep disconnected the chat because he was about to logout. Close of chat support.
      I have the chat transcript and can publish this in every forum.
      Sep 27, 2017
      End chat
      CMD.Exe
      8:13 am
      Gaurav Mahesh Mali
      Thanks for contacting Microsoft support, my name is Gaurav Mahesh Mali. Please allow me a few moments while I review the information you provided.
      8:13 am
      Gaurav Mahesh Mali
      Hello, how may I assist you today?
      Me
      There was a rep working remote on my laptop to fix the cmd.exe error but got disconnected..
      Me
      Don you have access to notes?
      Gaurav Mahesh Mali
      Could you please elaborate your issue?
      8:15 am
      0xc0000142 & 0x80080005
      8:15 am
      Me
      Unable to open command prompt.. I have tried disabling program, tried with new user account but the error remains.
      8:16 am
      Me
      Unable to troubleshoot internet connectivity.. error pops up
      Okay, noted.
      Gaurav Mahesh Mali
      Thank you for sharing your concern. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. Please be assured that I'll try my best to resolve this concern for you.
      Gaurav Mahesh Mali
      May I know your name please?
      Amruth Kumar - [protected] - r.[protected]@gmail.com
      Gaurav Mahesh Mali
      Thank you for the information.
      Gaurav Mahesh Mali
      Amruth, to ensure your information security and to know whether we are talking to the right person, please let me know the product key or product ID of your Microsoft product.
      [protected] AA620
      8:19 am
      windows 10 home single language
      8:19 am
      pre-installed with Lenovo idepad 510
      8:20 am
      Gaurav Mahesh Mali
      Please reconfirm the product id, it's showing as invalid input.
      8:20 am
      [protected] AA620
      8:21 am
      Gaurav Mahesh Mali
      Thank you so much for providing me this information. I appreciate your cooperation.
      8:22 am
      Gaurav Mahesh Mali
      Please allow me three minutes to validate this product in my resources.
      8:22 am
      Gaurav Mahesh Mali
      Thank you so much for waiting, I really appreciate your time and patience.
      8:25 am
      Gaurav Mahesh Mali
      I am able to validate your product, it is Windows 10 Home SL Volume license.
      8:25 am
      8:26 am
      Gaurav Mahesh Mali
      Are you using this license for your personal purpose or commercial purpose?
      8:27 am
      Personal;
      8:27 am
      Gaurav Mahesh Mali
      Okay, I'd like to inform you that product which you are using right now that product is for commercial sector not for home and personal use.
      Me
      How would I know.. this was pre-installed on this laptop when bought
      i got this from a retailer - Chroma
      Me
      I dont want to know what I am using, I want the issue to be fixed.. Can you fix it?
      8:29 am
      Gaurav Mahesh Mali
      I'd like to inform you that as this is a commercial product and we are from consumer team so now you'll need to contact with commercial team and that support would be paid for you 4100 INR plus service taxes for one time support. Or else contact to that person whoever sold this license to you as it's not meant for the consumers.
      Me
      Why the hell did a rep assist me yesterday.
      Me
      she even took remote access to troubleshoot this problem
      Me
      Give me your manager right now
      This is Windows 10 Home Single Language
      Me
      I dont think this is a commercial product
      Gaurav Mahesh Mali
      Please contact us on below mentioned number for commercial support:
      Microsoft Tool free Number.
      [protected], [protected].
      Gaurav Mahesh Mali
      In future if you come across any problem regarding Microsoft products always refer to our self-help websites (support.microsoft.com and answers.microsoft.com).
      Gaurav Mahesh Mali
      Thank you for contacting Microsoft Answer Desk. Please feel free to contact us back, you were chatting with Gaurav and have a great day ahead.
      Gaurav Mahesh Mali
      Your Answer Tech Gaurav Mahesh Mali has ended your chat session. Thanks for visiting Answer Desk.
      System
      Chat has ended.
      8:32 am

I had office 360 home. I turned off auto renew option in the month of may. Even now in sept money is getting deducted from my account. I am not using there product but still they are taking my money. There phone lines are always busy and there online good for nothing support is useless. I don't find their customer support mail id.

The transactions happened on 24th of june (Rs.414), july (Rs.424.80) and august (Rs.424.80) and september rs.424.80.

Please help me in stopping microsoft steal my money from my account.
        Sep 30, 2017
        vishalkay's response
        Sir messenger nhi chal raha
        Sir mere phone ka messenger nahi chal raha hai message aa rahe bas ja nhi rahe.

Of late, i have been facing problem with my above mentioned mobile phone [microsoft gsm handset lumia 640]. The mobile shuts down suddenly and automatically on and off takes place with no sign of recovery on a continuous basis. I bought this mobile from reliance store in new nallakunta, hyderabad
          The mobile phone has a warranty period is for two years ending on[protected]. On sep3-2017, i requested for service at the store from where the mobile was bought. (Mr ali working in the store, collected the phone from me. He checked all warranty and other details. He issued to me a a job sheet with no [protected]. I understand that the mobile was sent to service team. Mean while on 6 th and 8 th september, i got messages stating that the mobile service is completed and wanted my feedback. When i called customer care, they said that the service request is still open. Yesterday ie 10th sep, mr ali called and informed me that the mobile has been sent to brand (May be branch) and that they requested time till saturday (I. E till 16 september). Today, a service person called me and informed that the parts for the mobile are not available and mobile cannot be repaired.
          In the circumstances, i request you to replace the mobile phone asap.
          Microsoft customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
          I was not at all utilised this service the amount was deducted in my credit card

I have purchased money genie plus since 25th may 2017 by order no.[protected] for rs.190.43 + tax rs 28.57 total rs. 219.00 only

Your program request for rating i have submitting three star and same limitation on actual on ground after programmer has closed my network.

And show error : exception occurred during the operation,

Pl do i am submitting screenshot for your ready ref.

It is sympathy to say allow continue.

Thanking you,
            Your truly,
            Ashok mistry
            Mo +[protected]
            Microsoft customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
            I have purchased Moneygenie pro from Google Play store by paying Rs. 270/- INR, From 6th Sep'17, it is not working, stock are refreshing.

Vipin Umarao

I did buy microsoft 950 mobile with high price in online in december after that i updated software many times from service centre but problems not rectified, then service center keep my phone 2months i was very straggled very much. But again my phone still heating, charging drain quickly, normally i am a big fan of windows, but i am very disappointed about this. I wasted my valuable money.. I cant answer my parents..
              Microsoft customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

Re: won (Contact registered affiliated delivery company)
                The microsoft lottery, congratulate you on your winnings. You became a winner of this prize via internet randomized process balloted from major search engines world wide. You can now begin the final step of the claims process, which is the delivery/shipping of your winnings to you. Your winning prize has been verified and approved for payment by this department. Your profile (Form) has also been received and filed along with other winning documents for record purpose.
                Due to your location from the microsoft lottery united promotion board, your winning package has been sent to the sky net courier company which is a logistic courier company, below are contents of parcel to be received;
                1. Winning certificate from microsoft lottery united promotion board
                2. Winners cheque for the value of $650, 000.00
                =
                Note: you must add the following below to the mail you are sending to the delivery company to speed up and authenticate delivery of your package:
                Full name:
                Sex:
                Contact phone number:
                Delivery address:
                Reference number: um/4r[protected]

You are requested to contact registered affiliated delivery company with the contact information below for further instructions on how to deliver your prize to you.
                Sky net courier company
                Mr. Jerry john
                General dispatch manager
                Tel: +44 [protected]
                Email: net. [protected]@yandex.com

=
                I will require a regular update on your proceedings with the delivery company as soon as you are in contact with them and you should keep your winnings confidential so as to avoid double claims. Have a nice day.

With regards.
                Mr. Tom newman
                Microsoft lottery
                Online coordinator
                Microsoft customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
                I have reset my microsoft lumia with out security now its asking for recovery key how can i get it
                Please find the case SR Number : [protected] still no one responding

Microsoft products are becoming useless days by days. Shame on such a reputed company who can't improve there products working principles even after so many complains also from many costumers from various country also. Its so tragic for microsoft to not build good products. Windows 8.1 is such a worse after getting windows 10 the performance become very worse. So i recently rolled back to windows 8.1 but the problem is same it takes 3 to 5 minutes to completely boot. Slows down during working and even hangs during internet surfing. So i want to suggest microsoft to please stop these garbage products and start something new like online shopping like amazon. Please don't make waste and useless product which can't match users expectation and can't perform good. Just have a shame and stop this all products and start something new useful like online shopping. I think that will be good for you.
                  Aug 29, 2017
                  Updated by ricbabe avenger
                  today microsoft products are used 90% in this world. so if you will go like this with hurting customers expectations from various countries. then the day is not far when your product usage will become from 90 to 09% in this world. and one day 0.9%. so tragic that still microsoft has not rectified these performance errors and malware threats errors too. but performance error is reported earlier to microsoft few tears ago. but still you are upgrading your product. but never improved in performance. so what to expect from you?

Every time you up date my windows 7 through automatic updates i have to do a restore to previous date. The updates are messing up my computer. I have had to restore to july 17, 2017.in order for my computer to work properly. Please investigate your updating information to make sure there is working property.
                    This applies to every update that has come in from august 10th onward. Today is august 16, 2017 sharon
                    Microsoft customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

When i start up my computer, it takes me to the automatic repair page, giving me the options to 'continue', 'troubleshoot' or 'turn off pc'

Selecting the 'continue' option results in my computer restarting and coming back to the same page

Selecting troubleshoot gives me various options to try and recover files, etc but i cannot do anything as it says i am not signed in as an administrator and that there aren't any administrator accounts on this pc. Choosing 'forgotten your password or can't see your account' option results in the computer restarting!

Help!
                      Microsoft customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
                      I can't make my outlook account and also Microsoft account

I'm using microsoft lumia 540 since 2 years. After one year after upgrading to windows 10, it shows only maximum charge upto 85%. I got a problem in my charger and then onwards i charges with usb by connecting to my laptop. I contacted microsoft customer care in online. They told me to reinstall the software using windows phone recovery tool. I done it 2 times. Then also the problem still exist. At last i changed ma batteries yesterday. But also the situation is same.
                        Microsoft customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
                        Cannot book an Uber or Ola cab & at times not even open the maps.. inspite of the location service on, it says "cannot find you". It keeps on searching the location but at the end of it (almost 5 minutes) it says the above.
                        Please help. I am using Windows 10 Lumia 650.

This complaint is against microsoft customer care executive who is misbehaving with my friend who is in australia right now.
                          She tried to connect with one of microsoft to resolve some issue with her laptop but executive was misbehaving to take advantage of that situation.
                          First, he said that he will charge 20000 inr to fix this issue when she refused, he took remote access of her machine and said that he will do it for free. Then he sent a facebook request to her. Is this the way your team is behaving with your customer. I want you to take action against him as soon as possible.
                          She is very scared because of this behaviour.

Customer care executive name & emp number :
                          Rehan khan
                          Ms17426
                          Microsoft customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

She tried to connect with one of the microsoft customer care executives to resolve some issue with her laptop but executive was misbehaving to take advantage of that situation.
                            She is very scared because of this behaviour.

Customer care executive name & emp number :
                            Rehan khan
                            Ms17426
                            Microsoft customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

While sleeping mobile starts taking often many time at night i'd heart noises coming out of speaker from my handset as if someone is speaking and when i'm in deep sleep it's get louder and even mobile get switched off on automatically i don't understand how it's has been made. As if mobile is spying on me and when its necessary it's stop working. Please give correct information what's going on.
                              Jul 24, 2017
                              No call no solution to my problem
                              Aug 08, 2017
                              Updated by Abhinav022
                              Are you not responsible for creating such a device it's taking all my information and helping peoples to mind torcher me even my family is effected by it.this had been continuing from many years.I know you all helping for upper caste benefit by devices.really very clever no one can know about it.mad peoples mad behind money to kill peoples by creating such spy devices.

Give me a suggestion to how i install the rise of argonauts dvd game on my pc. When i try to install some problems shows in the screen - - - a problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available. My email i'd - [protected]@gmail.com. Plz plz send me a suggestion i request you.
                                Microsoft customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

I bought a microsoft lumia640xl about two years ago. When i bought it was windows 8 and i have updated nit to windows 10. Now my phone is not working just because i didn't update it again. My software and hardware has been destroyed. Just because i haven't updated it my phone and money has been wasted. I haven't even heard a mobile phoned destroyed due to not updating its software. This is a huge mistake made by microsoft. Now you take this phone back and give my money back.
                                  Microsoft customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

I was working as Assistant general manager with SBI. The bank has provided me the HP laptop along with windows operating system. The same is not working properly now. You are requested to update the operating system at the earliest as I am unable to operate my mails.

Thanks & Regards

R C Gupta
                                    Flat no. 204
                                    Tower A1
                                    Nirmal Chhaya Towers
                                    Zirakpur
                                    Jul 07, 2017
                                    Updated by Priti Chadha Gupta

In september of 2016, i bought two identical phones at walmart. They were locked to t-mobile, which allowed use with walmart family mobile. A few months ago, both phones refused to charge on the oem chargers. I purchased two new oem batteries, thinking that should be the solution. It was not. The problems persisted. The only way i can charge these phones is via usb. Until yesterday, that included usb-to-ac chargers. Now, they will only charge via usb to computer.in addition, they are both experiencing 'no service' more and more often. This never happened previous to the other problems. I had the carrier reset the phones. Problems persist. There is no contact info for microsoft as these are out-of-warranty. I have been unable to find anyone else who has had the same problems with this model — or any other model of ms lumia phone. My concern is that i am having the same exact problems on two identical phones — and both started having problems simultaneously. I want someone to listen to me about this, but neither ms or t-mobile is taking responsibility. There is something very strange going on...
                                      Jun 20, 2017
                                      Updated by circe801
                                      Sorry--that should have read September 2015, not 2016.

My name is kunal chowdhary and i had purchased microsoft surface pro 4 recently in feb 2017. However during the course of last week of may 2016 there was an issue with the charging port of laptop and the laptop was not getting charged. On googling and seeing various alternatives i came to know that i can create a repair for my surface and send the same for repair. I did the same on 25 may 2017 and with a prompt reply microsoft team scheduled a pick up for my product. I was advised to pack the surface book properly using a proper box and everything. The laptop was packed in front of the shipping person in absolutely perfect condition (Except that the laptop wasnt getting charged) and the same was shipped to microsoft warehouse in india. On 31 may 2017 i received an email from microsoft team stating that they have received the product and they emailed saying, 'your item will be reviewed by our exchange center and a replacement will be processed. Your replacement item will ship soon (Usually within a few days), subject to inventory availability and shipper delays.'
                                        Pursuant to the above email on 2 june 2017 i got another email from microsoft stating that your product has been repaired and shipped back to you with the awb number.
                                        Pursuant to the above email, i received my laptop on 6 june 2017 and when i opened the box i see that my laptop screen is completely shattered. Seeing this i got a very big shock that for such an expensive product screen is broken (I assumed that it was broken in transit). I immediately contacted all possible people microsoft service center (Toll free number) microsoft warehouse in india.in the meanwhile i saw that let me check if laptop is getting charged. Surprisingly the laptop was getting charged and there was a dent near the charging dock and the screen had mainly shattered from that point itself. On talking to the customer support team they informed me that they received the product itself in damaged condition. I was surprised that how can they even say such a thing and if they received the product in damaged condition atleast they can call me and inform so that i can check with fedex (Chosen by microsoft) as to how the laptop was broken in transit when it was absolutely perfect when it left from my office. But no conversation what so ever. After talking to customer team and escalation team for over 10 days i gave up all hopes since they were saying the same thing again and again that they received damaged product and they forfeited my warranty. Moreover i have sent them pics of laptop being in perfect condition when packed and received in damaged condition. However, they have not responded to those messages. Also when i am asking them for photos (Since warehouse in india is outsourced and these people send pictures of products received to microsoft hq) i have refused several times stating that this is microsoft property and we cant share photos. Such an incident can happen with anyone and microsoft refuses to help me in any way. They asking me to buy a separate monitor and use my surface as a cpu thats it. Even after emailing everyday that can we have a call to discuss no response has been received. Moreover they arent even sharing pictures, for someone who buys a laptop of rs 80000 this is what service microsoft gives in india then i would recommend all india people not to buy microsoft product since there is such a bad response from their customer support. I will like to post this so that others who have microsoft and ever face such a problem beware of microsoft becuase they will call your laptop break it ans send it back to you.
                                        Kunal