Microsoft Complaints & Reviews

2.1
Last updated May 16, 2022
Profile

File a complaint to Microsoft

Having problems with Microsoft?

File a complaint and get it resolved by Microsoft customer care. It’s quick effective and absolutely free!

Microsoft

1800 111 100

View more phone numbers

Fax

Microsoft reviews & complaints page 9

In september of 2016, i bought two identical phones at walmart. They were locked to t-mobile, which allowed use with walmart family mobile. A few months ago, both phones refused to charge on the oem chargers. I purchased two new oem batteries, thinking that should be the solution. It was not. The problems persisted. The only way i can charge these phones is via usb. Until yesterday, that included usb-to-ac chargers. Now, they will only charge via usb to computer.in addition, they are both experiencing 'no service' more and more often. This never happened previous to the other problems. I had the carrier reset the phones. Problems persist. There is no contact info for microsoft as these are out-of-warranty. I have been unable to find anyone else who has had the same problems with this model — or any other model of ms lumia phone. My concern is that i am having the same exact problems on two identical phones — and both started having problems simultaneously. I want someone to listen to me about this, but neither ms or t-mobile is taking responsibility. There is something very strange going on...
Jun 20, 2017
Updated by circe801
Sorry--that should have read September 2015, not 2016.

My name is kunal chowdhary and i had purchased microsoft surface pro 4 recently in feb 2017. However during the course of last week of may 2016 there was an issue with the charging port of laptop and the laptop was not getting charged. On googling and seeing various alternatives i came to know that i can create a repair for my surface and send the same for repair. I did the same on 25 may 2017 and with a prompt reply microsoft team scheduled a pick up for my product. I was advised to pack the surface book properly using a proper box and everything. The laptop was packed in front of the shipping person in absolutely perfect condition (Except that the laptop wasnt getting charged) and the same was shipped to microsoft warehouse in india. On 31 may 2017 i received an email from microsoft team stating that they have received the product and they emailed saying, 'your item will be reviewed by our exchange center and a replacement will be processed. Your replacement item will ship soon (Usually within a few days), subject to inventory availability and shipper delays.'
    Pursuant to the above email on 2 june 2017 i got another email from microsoft stating that your product has been repaired and shipped back to you with the awb number.
    Pursuant to the above email, i received my laptop on 6 june 2017 and when i opened the box i see that my laptop screen is completely shattered. Seeing this i got a very big shock that for such an expensive product screen is broken (I assumed that it was broken in transit). I immediately contacted all possible people microsoft service center (Toll free number) microsoft warehouse in india.in the meanwhile i saw that let me check if laptop is getting charged. Surprisingly the laptop was getting charged and there was a dent near the charging dock and the screen had mainly shattered from that point itself. On talking to the customer support team they informed me that they received the product itself in damaged condition. I was surprised that how can they even say such a thing and if they received the product in damaged condition atleast they can call me and inform so that i can check with fedex (Chosen by microsoft) as to how the laptop was broken in transit when it was absolutely perfect when it left from my office. But no conversation what so ever. After talking to customer team and escalation team for over 10 days i gave up all hopes since they were saying the same thing again and again that they received damaged product and they forfeited my warranty. Moreover i have sent them pics of laptop being in perfect condition when packed and received in damaged condition. However, they have not responded to those messages. Also when i am asking them for photos (Since warehouse in india is outsourced and these people send pictures of products received to microsoft hq) i have refused several times stating that this is microsoft property and we cant share photos. Such an incident can happen with anyone and microsoft refuses to help me in any way. They asking me to buy a separate monitor and use my surface as a cpu thats it. Even after emailing everyday that can we have a call to discuss no response has been received. Moreover they arent even sharing pictures, for someone who buys a laptop of rs 80000 this is what service microsoft gives in india then i would recommend all india people not to buy microsoft product since there is such a bad response from their customer support. I will like to post this so that others who have microsoft and ever face such a problem beware of microsoft becuase they will call your laptop break it ans send it back to you.
    Kunal
    Microsoft customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

Hi, i have lumia 540 and after updation to windows 10, it showing battery issue. I visited one lumia care to check the issue, they told either they will downgrade to windows 8.1 (Which will charge 450) or change the chip (Charge around 2k). I asked them take the phone check the issue and after than do the needful, but they told they can either downgrade or change chip. As mentioned in varios microsoft blog i asked them to downgrade to 8.1, but i can see still same battery issue. My question is why i am charged 450 unnecessary and how to resolve this issue quickly.
      Waiting for quick response
      Microsoft customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

It has been more than 5 months that I gave my Lumia 720(alongwith the charger) for resolving some charging issues with the device at Microsoft service centre(Ganpati Mobile Bank, Boring Road, Patna - 800001) in Patna, Bihar, India. But, till date there is no response from the service centre regarding my phone. I am not a resident of Patna but I have visited the centre many times and to my surprise, I found the centre to be closed. They have also charged me 1500 INR for the repair. How will I get my phone back? Please help.
        I have also attached receipt.
        Microsoft customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

I have an emails address which is cool.[protected]@hotmail.com.
          I don't really use it since it's a very old email address but I do take a look at all my old stuff time to time.
          One day as soon as I logged in all of my emails were gone, disappeared. No inbox, no sent items, no folders, everything lost.
          And then when I contacted the tech support for this, one of them took the remote access and then just disconnected and left, the other one told me to wait for 24 hours and the emails will come back magically.
          Nothing helped.
          Microsoft customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
          I have microsoft Windows Lumia 535 mobile.I have download social app messenger many time but it isn't working last 2 months.
          So i am requesting you that please help me to solve this problem.
          Thankyou

Microsoft lumia 640 dual sim purchased vide inv no blr_wfld[protected] date 28.05.2015 rs. 8099/- ;sold by ws retail services pvt ltd. Mei/serial no. [protected]. Ordered through flipkart. Used the mobile till april 2017 in good condition.. On my way to office on 25.04.2017 my mobile was in hand bag slipped from my activa scooter. One car moved above the hand bag and the mobile crushed and it was almost damaged and display is not showing. I am requesting a solution for my issue for the repair of my mobile phone or any other refund
            Microsoft customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

I bought this mobile (Microsoft 950xl) on 27 Feb 2016..but from d beginning itself I have been facing problems.. My experience with this mobile has been really disappointing.. Even second month I was making trips to their service centre at Samvradhi technologies, Bangalore, submitting my mobile there again and again ... to be sent to d backend team for almost 15-30 days everytime for repair. During the period of 1year (27feb 2016-27 feb2017)my phone was submitted at the service centre (approx 7-8 times) for a period of 20-30 days.. Every time they gave me some or the other reason for the problem and phone was given back later telling me dat its motherboard has been replaced, , sometimes d battery has been changed. . But my problems still continued... Sometimes the phone automatically gets switched off, sometimes it gets really heated as if it going to burst, sometimes d screen goes black or green in colour, sometimes a motor like voice used to come from it.. But d problems continued..Microsoft being such a big company is really fooling d customers... After spending almost half a lakh.. Iam still facing the sameproblems.. I actually didn't get to use my phone the whole year... Again iam facing the same problems.. Pls take some action thanx
              Microsoft customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
              I bought Nokia 130 with replacement warranty since 7 months the phone cant working i need replacement. Pls help me to replace my phone.i had also original bill

I purchase on e of the first surface computers that came out and I am having nothing but trouble with the pen. I changed batteries and it does not help. I went to the MS store and their answer was purchase a new one. Why should I have to pay more when they can not ensure that it will work better. I think MS should replace a faulty pen with a new one as this has been a problem from day one. As you will see by the photo that I have changed batteries so many times the button do not line up with the clip
                Microsoft customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
                For updating windows 10 requiring wifi, please tell me is it ready to avail any time to all people.

With my 3G data several times tried, but no use. Very disappointing about this inconvience.

Make its easy access to all

Hi, it has been more than 4 months that i gave my lumia 720 (Alongwith the charger) for resolving some charging issues with the device at microsoft service centre (Ganpati mobile bank, boring road, patna - 800001) in patna, bihar, india. But, till date there is no response from the service centre regarding my phone. I am not a resident of patna but i have visited the centre many times and to my surprise, i found the centre to be closed. On enquiring about this with the neighbours of the service centre, i got to know that it has been closed since more than a month. They have also charged me 1500 inr for the repair. I have also attached the bill that i was provided with for your reference. Now please tell me how will i get my phone and who is going to pay for all the mental and physical harassment that i am facing due to all these.
                  Contact:
                  Mo: [protected]
                  Email: [protected]@gmail.com
                  May 11, 2017
                  Samson Raja's response
                  I am having SAMSUNG RV 515.and upgraded windows 10 in my lap top.While i am working /typing tamil language through PAINT on the picture i am not getting the tamil script on it and only squires appeared in my lap top.google transliteration tamil was installed and tamil script was not appeared
                  May 21, 2017
                  yourabhi37's response
                  Many times reset my phone but no issue clear..
                  I'm trying to get update on my wp but there's an error code 0x8024a203, I don't know what kind of that error, any help? Thanks

With an expectation, I have visited Nokia/microsoft service centre of Lenin Sarani, Kolkata to repair my Lumia 535 set's touch screen as it was broken falling from my hand. They have charged 1990 INR to replace the touch pad and have returned back to me. From that day, touch screen was not responding properly. After 2 months, when I was thinking to buy a new handset, again touch screen of my handset has broken. Being quite upset, have gone to a local mobile repairing centre and they have done a miracle job. They have only taken 400 INR from me and gave me my phone with a new touch pad, even sensing problem has been disappeared.
                    Are the engineers of your service centres really well trained or do they just intentionally to make customers dupe?
                    Microsoft customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

Austin hyundai a dealership company using 60-70 computer with pirated windows software and pirated ms office.office situated in kolkata.
                      Address-Near Patuli;kolkata.They are one of the big dealers of hyundai, fiat cars.Making big profit but still using this illegal pirated software and not paying proper salary to the employee also.Kindly take expiditious action and give a lesson to do business with proper ethics....

Sir I purchased a phone from amazon.in nokia130ds on 7 Jan 2017 now its charger is not working, so I went to (Microsoft device care situated near radha rani mandir Nehru nagar Agra) and I ask for repair or replacement of the product because it is in warranty, they deny me rudely and say no that we will not repair or replace the product please contact your dealer .
                      Sir I purchased from amazon than who is the dealer should I contact, I contacted to amazon than they say we can't do anything please visit care
                      Sir/mam please tell me what to do now because it is your product and your name is at sake
                      I buy nokia 130 model this phone is battery damage battery acid outside liking
                      i buying 27feb 2017 so plz replacement this phone

I could not get help for a problem with my Surface pro 4 despite trying to reach the concerned department using helpline, direct line, email. I would strongly encourage people not to purchase microsoft products. Other company's customer support is effective from my experience.

I am delighted to inform you that I have managed to dispose my surface pro 4 for 'paper weight's' value, and I am now relieved that I do not have to go through the ordeal of working on the device, or the ordeal of trying to reach technical support helpline. Its disgusting that the INDIA operations of Microsoft is a sham, and there is no remorse, ownership or accountability. Whoever heads it and runs the show lack leadership and should be ashamed! Microsoft India ought to shut down than functioning like this.

1. No body attended to the help line numbers. Just for a brief moment, 2 hours after office opening hours (9AM IST), a poorly trained, arrogant person picked up, but had his head set messed up. The line was inaudible, and the person couldn't be reached subsequently.

2. The microsoft person who responded to my email promised to connect me to the appropriate person, but again none picked up once he tried transferring the call to the Microsoft surface department. He did not bother to call back or get email me again.

3. The Gurgaon office landline was unattended throughout the day.

4. The employees are not following the office hours of 9 am- 6 pm. I wonder if most of the dolts are 'work from home' freelancers, who are misusing their privileges.

I hope some introspection is done to revamp processes and to bring in people with integrity.
                        Microsoft customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

I got xbox one gifted by my brother .
                          The xbox was working fine for few days and than there was orange and white light blinking in the power brick. I have tried registering online by myself. Tried to register with the help of their helpline 3-4 times, but failed to register it. They always said there is problem with the site and try registering after some time.

I have written several mails and called microsoft office but no one is helping / resolving my problem.

I want that the defective x box one should be replaced immediately.
                          Me and my son are really upset due to all this.
                          May 18, 2017
                          Updated by car user
                          Microsoft — X Box One not working and not able to register it online

Ca car user on Mar 21, 2017 Mark as Resolved

I got xbox one gifted by my brother .

I want that the defective x box one should be replaced immediately.
                          Me and my son are really upset due to all this.

Purchased lumia 950 in oct 16. Developed problem in the mobile in Dec 16. deposited with delight solutions authorised service centre in secunderabad. Got the mobile back in jan 17. Again the mobile developed problem and given at service centre on 28 jan 17. Till now the mobile has not been repaired. Rep at delight solutions say they have not yet received the mobile from bangalore. This type of after sale service is not at least expected from microsoft. Hope the problem may be solved at the earliest. other wise there is no other option other than approching consumer court
                            Microsoft customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
                            I restart my microsoft lumia 640 lte mobile. it asking reset protection key. microsoft lumia 640 lte IME No:[protected]. my email id : [protected]@gmail.com
                            Hello dear, Currently I am using Nokia Lumia 625 . I am unable to access Windows phone store & it is showing error code as 805a8011. Kindly guide to resolve the problem

My partner was texting on our Microsoft lumia 640 LTE mobile phone. This phone popped, and with a rather large bang the phone EXPLODED right in his hands. This has caused BURNS TO HIS HANDS, CHEST AND LEGS.. I took him to the hospita, where he received medical attention... I have not been able to speak to anyone about tgis matter, apart from people in technical support who just tell me to contact by email...
                              I am going to report this to the media and etc to make sure this doesn't re-occur.
                              If any responses, please contact me by [protected]@gmail.com.

Dear sir
                                i m Manish Rajpal from haridwar today i am going to your nokia care center and ahndover the my handset due to degration of 10 version to 8.1 version
                                but after few hours they returned me my phone on dead condition
                                so please solve the matter as soon as possible

your nokia care detail
                                owner no. [protected] Rahul ji

Customer Detail
                                Manish Rajpal
                                284 Ganga Nagar Rishikesh

please solve the matter or return my running mobile or new one
                                otherwise i will take a legal action

MICROSOFT CORPORATION
                                  Cardinal Place
                                  80-100 Victoria Street
                                  London, SW1E 5JL, United Kingdom

Attention E-mail Prize Winner,

We wish to congratulate you for being one of the selected E-mail On-line Winners in the 2016/2017 MICROSOFT GB CORPORATION AWARDS, Kindly view the enclosed attachment for the MICROSOFT WINNING AWARD LETTER.

A lot of Microsoft Winners do ignore to open the attached file to see their winning letter due to fear of virus thereby losing the opportunity to receive their award, But Microsoft urges you to open it and claim your prize. MICROSOFT values your right to privacy. Your information is 100% secured and will be used exclusively for the purpose of this Award Prize Claim only.

If this Notification Email Letter hits your Junk/Spam folder, simply move the email from your Spam/Junk folder to your inbox and view attachment AWARD LETTER below.

This is Final notification, Kindly view the enclosed attachment for your MICROSOFT WINNING AWARD LETTER.

Congratulations on behalf of Staffs and Members of Microsoft GB Board Commission.

DR. NICOLA HUDSON
                                  What is this??
                                  Feb 23, 2017
                                  Updated by knarf
                                  no update

I had purchased lumia950xl in december2015, now only after 1 year battery has become bulge & its not fitting in phone. even now there is bigger problem, service centre in my city or any retailer nor any online sites doesn't have battery to be sold lose. now what should I do about this Rs50000 piece of crap. its of no use to me. that's how Microsoft treats people.
                                    Microsoft customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

I own a lumia 640xl, which accidentally fallen frm my hand and its screenbis totally cracked. So i went to authorised service centre to replace the screen, and i gave my phone to them on[protected], its been two months since that, still my device is not get repaired. Everytime i contact them, they say the parts have not arrived yet. When i asked them a tine range, they said they don't know. What am i supposed to do then, wait for a year or more, now i regret the decision i made, tat to go for a windows device. Please do something about it. The service centre is at calicut kerala (Mobnet).