OYO Rooms Complaints & Reviews

3.8
Last updated Aug 19, 2022

File a complaint to OYO Rooms

Having problems with OYO Rooms?

File a complaint and get it resolved by OYO Rooms customer care. It’s quick effective and absolutely free!

OYO Rooms

OYO Rooms Website

OYO Rooms Head Office Address

325, Spaze I Park, Tower B, Sohna Road, Gurgaon
NA
122002

OYO Rooms Phone Numbers

OYO Rooms reviews & complaints page 275

Just back from my vacation in Goa. Thanks to poor service at Oyo Rooms, it was a great disappointment. I made a severe mistake by choosing OYO over other rooms.

I stayed in Orchid De Goa Luxury Rooms in Calangute, Goa. I booked the room for three days and following are the issues I faced in these three days.

1) Problem: No Geyser in rooms.
Response from Manager: You may not get Hot water in wash rooms before 9 AM.
My Views:
Thanks for the info. I dont know in which tourist place, the local tours start after 10/11 AM. Every hotel I have stayed provide hot water, even worst case - I will be served in a bucket to ensure that we dont face the difficulty with cold water in the morning.

2) Problem: Breakfast
Day 1: Good
Day 2: Had to wait for breakfast for one hour till 8:45 AM, when it was supposed to be ready by 7:30 AM and we were following up from 7:45 AM. We left the room without having the breakfast on that day and we missed our breakfast as well as the tour bus just to catch it in a local taxi in the next stop.
Response: There were some issues in Kitchen.
Day 3: Puri served without side dish. (+ some sweet upma kind of)
Response: The menu has only Puri and they dont serve any side dish with that.

My views:
Even in railway stations, when we order Puri, we get some bhaji with it. Cant Oyo rooms give this basic stuff?

3) Problem: Hot Water for Drinking.
I was suffering with cold and I was served hot water in a plastic bottle. To my rude shock, the bottle was all smelling of Petrol. This bottle was used to transfer petrol it seems and the same bottle was used to deliver drinking water to me (and I need not tell you the downsides of serving something hot in plastics)
Response: Even Manager was shocked. He said he would talk to his team.

My views:
No comments. This is the heights of your customer care.

4) Room Housekeeping
Out of three days, I had to remind the manager on 2 days to clean the room. This is after our long day outside, coming back to see the rooms in the same shape as we left.
My views:
I need not tell you how much this is important when you talk of "Hygeinic washrooms" and "Spotless Linen"

5) AC and Wifi in Rooms
AC once ON - you need to call someone from the housekeeping to switch it off. The customer doesnt have the remote or the option to switch it off.
Wifi - Login Ids and passwords are provided. But customer has to use a new login id and password every three hours

My Views:
Do you expect the customer to wake up at 2 AM just becoz the room has become too cold and he has to call the reception to come and switch off the AC?

I have shared all these concerns with the Manager- Clayton too. I am completely disappointed with the service. Compared to this, I could have very well booked some local rooms at a cheaper cost, after reaching Goa.

With Warm Regards,
Laxminarayanan G
Dec 16, 2015
OYO Rooms Customer Care's response
Dear Guest, We are appalled to know about this. We are working hard to deliver great customer service each time someone visits an OYO. It is rather embarrassing to know about this issue happening. We completely understand your frustration and disappointment. Rest assured, we'll investigate and solve the issue leading to this. Our customer experience team will very soon get in touch with you regarding this. We promise to deliver an amazing stay experience, the next time you stay with us. Thanks for your patience. Team OYO

Yesterday i have confirmed about my buking frm chennai and OYO people confIRMED by buking...i reached by flight to delhi and when i reached hotel they declined my check in stating rooms are not availabe i showed my buking they asked me to go out and check oyo...i called oyo they sumhow arranged sum odr hotel which was 10 km frm that place i went there...they have told me that they stopped business wid oyo... I was helpless...furstated...agitated...finally decided to search hotel on my own and i buked... Wasted money...tym...i wont leave u people
    Dec 16, 2015
    OYO Rooms Customer Care's response
    Dear Guest, We are appalled to know about this. We are working hard to deliver great customer service each time someone visits an OYO. It is rather embarrassing to know about this issue happening to one of our early and loyal guests. Rest assured, we'll investigate and solve the issue leading to this. Our customer experience team will very soon get in touch with you regarding this. We promise to deliver an amazing stay experience, the next time you stay with us. Thanks for your patience. Team OYO

I booked a hotel through oyo rooms in advance 2 months. On dated 12-12-15when i going to check in the hotel they told me you booking has been cancelled. That day was my marriage anniversary day, very important day for me. Actually the day was very bad day. Me & my wife was very upset. Without my information they cancelled the booking.
      Dec 14, 2015
      OYO Rooms Customer Care's response
      Dear Guest, We are appalled to know about this. We are working hard to deliver great customer service each time someone visits an OYO. It is rather embarrassing to know about this issue happening to one of our early and loyal guests. Rest assured, we'll investigate and solve the issue leading to this. Please share the booking detials and our customer experience team will very soon get in touch with you regarding this. We promise to deliver an amazing stay experience, the next time you stay with us. Thanks for your patience. Team OYO

OYO is a cheat organisation. I am a frequent traveller and sometimes cross cities at night so need an accommodation that is best suited with my budget. I had booked with OYO many times in the past but it has never been so aggravating or frustrating. I made a booking with OYO on 25th Nov around 3PM for the same day check in but as I was travelling, due to traffic I reached the property around 11PM-11:30PM. I was not allowed to check in as the ID was carrying was of a different city but was within 2hrs or drive. I tried explaining at the property that I have already paid advance and as I am travelling the address for which I am showing the ID proof will be totally out of my route. The person at the property was not ready to understand anything and asked me to speak with OYO. I called OYO and complaint while I was at the property. The representative spoke with the person at the property and tried to convince but that person still didn't listen. I asked the representative to transfer the call to a Supervisor or a Manager. I was kept on hold for approx 15mins in that 50mins duration call and then my call was disconnected. I was so tiered that I didn't wanted to waste my time calling them again to I went to a different hotel and paid again. I filled a written complaint to OYO through email mentioning everything along with an audio recording of what has happened with me as I record all my calls due to my profession but there has been no revert. Only revert I received was that someone will get in touch with me but no luck till now. I have't got my money yet and I need compensation for the mental harassment I had to go through due to OYO. I am ready to take legal actions against them if guided. Please help!
        Dec 13, 2015
        OYO Rooms Customer Care's response
        Dear Guest, We are appalled to know about this. We are working hard to deliver great customer service each time someone visits an OYO. It is rather embarrassing to know about this issue happening to one of our early and loyal guests. Rest assured, we'll investigate and solve the issue leading to this. Please share the booking details and our customer experience team will very soon get in touch with you regarding this. We promise to deliver an amazing stay experience, the next time you stay with us. Thanks for your patience. Team OYO
        Forgot to mention my booking ID was UELX9801.

Had booked a3 star hotel room at porvorim goa 3 weeks in advance.our booking was confirmed.however 4 days prior to our trip we received a call from oyo stating that the hotel is being renovated and our booking has been shifted to a similar property nearby.However we were shocked wen we found online that they hav shifted us to a 1 star hotel.I refused to accept it and cancelled my booking on 21st Nov 2015.I haven't received my refund yet inspire of several calls n mails.booking id CTIL8639
          Dec 12, 2015
          OYO Rooms Customer Care's response
          I am not giving any rating because this app is appalling, please donot book any oyo rooms, they are cheats, they say that there are offers and discounts but there are certain issues with their android app... i used a paytm code "OYOPAYTM", it said that i would get 35% off but they charged me the original amount... when i called customer care they responded by saying there is nothing we can do... disgusting customer service and disgusting app...this is even before my holiday has begun...never am i ever going to use OYO and i would not recommend it to anyone

Hi Guys, i have worst experience from OyO and their team and also Hotel planet residency. i have booked for the hotel yesterday and we got confirmation it booked and confirmed. after going their at 6:30 pm hotel guys say it is not booked and i called OYO guys and they said they will call back in 10 mins at 6:30 pm At 7.00 pm i called again they said will get your call soon already team is working on that. again i called again at 8.00 and they no room left in mumbai. they didn't even brother to update me i'm waiting for their call on road outside the hotel. again called after being on hold for 25 mins with one of the supervisor spoke to me and he said he will speak to area manager and will call in 10 mins again. but again same no call or any updates from supervisor or hi team such a non sense service from OYO. i looking for official complains on this matter. after 9 pm i was running around the hotel to get an accommodation for me staff at Hotel was such a rude no apology or anything. their was lady at the reception she was such a rude i have never seen anyone. her manager was heaps better atleast he offered us to water and told the lady to call oyo and check the status which she didn't even brother to call. she was more busy with her personal calls. i will ask everyone to stop using OYO and put this review everywhere possible. you don't want to see such a worst service happening when you are new to city. Thanks, Santosh
            Dec 11, 2015
            OYO Rooms Customer Care's response

Had stayed in Oyo property which is marked as premiere in Ahmedabad at lal darwaja... The hotel is a budget hotel n oyo mentioned that the property had power backup but I had to suffer along with my husband n 4 years old son as power went off n in a suffocated room we had to spend two hours... Their premier room doesn't have power backup... I[censored] need proof check my call to u at 3:00a.m requesting for help which never came. Attached file shows that Oyo have mentioned power backup but the hotel doesn't have it
              Dec 11, 2015
              OYO Rooms Customer Care's response

Hi, I had made 2 booking and below are the booking reference nos: DFZT2839 & ZPTQ5839 on 08 Oct 2015 While making the booking and also while making the payment the T&C clearly stated that I can cancel the booking 24 hours prior to the check-in time. However when I called today to cancel the booking, the OYO team in not ready to refund the money stating some Goa policy which doesn't allow them to refund any money. It is very strange and absolutely absurd that these guys cannot refund my money when the email sent by them clearly states that I can cancel for a full refund, 24 hours prior to check in time. No one made me aware of any special Goa policy that they have brought in place. Hence I do not think that I care for their internal policies and request them to refund my money for both the bookings immediately with no further delay. Regards, Nitin kalra- [protected]
                Dec 10, 2015
                My complaints has not resolved yet, I dont know why it reflecting "mark as resolved" please resolve my problem soon My complaint against Oyo rooms
                OYO Rooms customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

Hi, My cancellation refund for booking ID QBUW5431 & XKGD2357 close 12700/- is still pending with OYO rooms after several emails and calls they simply drag the matter and only assure to resolve the issue but does not transfer the money back. They claim to be the best Hotel booking App, but when it comes to after sales service they lack business ethics. I have so far written 20 plus emails and so many calls wasting all my time and energy just to get my money back.Its rather frustrating to do all, and OYO is least bothered. I request you to kindly do the needful and transfer my money ASAP. Regards Sandeep [protected]

We had booked 4 double rooms through OYO for our stay at varanasi from 2-5 December 2015 on 1st October 2015 and received confirmation of the booking at Hotel Lara India. Again OYO confirmed our booking on 2nd December 2015 through email. However, on contacting Hotel Lara India on board train on 1st December, they said that there is no such booking, however, they would accommodate us. On reaching Hotel at 9 p.m. on 2nd December 2015, the Hotel showed to us that OYO had kept the booking 'on hold'. Again we contacted OYO over phone from the Hotel, but could not get any positive response or instructions to hotel to honor the booking. Inevitably, we had to accept the offer of the hotel to take only 2 rooms at the cost of 4 rooms. We underwent great inconvenience due to this. But again OYO has sent mail on 5th that we were provided 4 rooms and checked out from 4 rooms. We want to get refund of the money paid for 2 rooms in excess and damages for the inconvenience caused at an unknown place.
                    OYO Rooms Customer Care's response

I had booked a hotel room under booking Id RIQK 4056 dated[protected]. Subsequently I had to cancel this booking on[protected]. The refund for this cancellation is yet to reach me. I have sent several email and have contacted them on their helpline several times but each time I am told that the refund is processed and will be credited in my account in 3 to 4 working days.Last Saturday was told that the amount would be credited for sure on[protected] or latest by[protected]. The refund is still yet to happen.I read in this site several similar complaints and am alarmed. A similar complaint for an earlier refund could be resolved after much delay several email, telephone calls and deep anguish . Please ensure that this complaint is resolved without any further delay.
                      OYO Rooms Customer Care's response

I have a booking on 25nov and pay by online netbanking then some few time I will cancel my booking but m not receive my money-back pls refund my money
                        OYO Rooms Customer Care's response

I have booked the hotel from 5- dec till 17 dec 2015 in Karol Bagh delhi (Hotel Ashoka International), i have paid advance from the debit card all the amount, but now on 8 dec 2015, they told me (the hotel staff) that u should vacant the room as oyo has checked you out from there list. After listening the argue i tired many times calling the oyo rooms but of no use, out o[censored]nlimited times only one time i get the chance to speak to the executive but he also put me on hold for hours, As We are already out of home network Roaming (Call Cost) Cost is the extra burden we have to bear for there pathetic service & responses. Response of OYO team & Hotel team is so frustrating (high Level) that i want to go to court right away and request for Solution, As till 17 Dec i have stay in delhi only for my office work. Mobile No:-[protected]
                          OYO Rooms customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

Advance booking is a fraud

You have no option after booking in advance and support people keep you holding for hours for hiding frauds
                          Dear Suresh
                          We're sorry to know this. Please share your contact details and we'll certainly fix the same for you.

I am one of the regular customers of oyo rooms due to its good hospitality but I'm afraid this is no more the case. I had booked a room for two days. I checked in at 1:00 pm on 8th December but due to a family emergency I had to leave the next day early morning.I needed to cancelled my booking for the next day. I called up the Oyo rooms customer service and informed them well in advance, that is, more than 16 hours before but they refused to cancel my booking and charged me for that. How can such a reputed name like OYo rooms deviate from its own policies. Such insensitivity of the OYO service proved has caused me to incurr additional costs in the time of a family emergency. Apart from the unconvinced caused this has been a very disappointing experience. My stand is OYO should not deviate from its policies . I look forward to settling this matter amicably. If, however, the matter is not satisfactorily resolved, I will consider taking legal action to resolve the complaint through courts.
                            OYO Rooms Customer Care's response
                            Dear Guest, We are appalled to know about this. We are working hard to deliver great customer service each time someone visits an OYO. It is rather embarrassing to know about this issue happening to one of our early and loyal guests. Rest assured, we'll investigate and solve the issue leading to this. Please share your booking details and our customer experience team will very soon get in touch with you regarding this. We promise to deliver an amazing stay experience, the next time you stay with us. Thanks for your patience. Team OYO

It has been more than 2 months and have not received the refund amount back even after providing the new account details. After 4-5 days they provide the UTR # but have checked with the bank and does not find such transaction. I am really fed up for requesting to pay the refund amount. I just want to know from oyo team whether they are interested in refunding the amount or not ???????????????? Can anyone help me in this. My booking no. is NQHA5980
                              OYO Rooms Customer Care's response

I recently went to Darjeeling where the hotel was not provided, after standing in the open for hours together we were provided a room in some other hotel. That property treated us like dogs. Never book through OYO unless you want to be cheated and insulted. Today my wife and daughter reached Bangalore and are facing the same ordeal, either you wait in the OYO phone line queue (understandable) or you conveyed that situation is not within control. My wife and daughter are suffering due to my trusting OYO. India will never change if we continue to have such people like OYO who do not have any ethics. SHAME
                                OYO Rooms Customer Care's response

Oyo Rooms — Money debited from my account but there it is shown as failed transaction

I had booked a room thtough oyo 15 minutes ago money has been debited from my account and after that it is shown as failed transaction my email is is [protected]@gmail.com, mobile num [protected] money debited is 3703 date of booking[protected]:10am thru my ing vysya bank account...

I have booked one roon for 2 guest yesterday at oyo for hotel sapphire no nagar bhopal . And found that oyo had tied up with such a hotels having illiterate staff n uncultured . Asking me a marrige certificate for stay with my guest refused to giving a room. I highly disappointed n will not suggest any of my friend for using such company for spoiling their vacations.
                                  OYO Rooms Customer Care's response

we had booked Oyo room for mahabaleshwar from 22nd to 25th oct. We had received confirmation as well about 2 weeks before the travel date. On the day we were supposed to reach mahabaleshwar, oyo calls and says there is a problem at the property so they are upgrading us and sending us to another property near the original property - we agreed. They said they will SMS details of new property in sometime - since we were really reaching mahabaleshwar in an hour we requested them to be quick. An hour later we called the call centre - we were put on hold for more than 20 minutes for both calls... then they say we need to check in at the original hotel.. when I explain about the call I received from them they transfer me to another dept.. again call on hold for forever.. the guy then says its not sorted yet and he will call us in 5 mns and let us know the new property location.. again no call for half an hour.. we c all again.. after half hour and then the same exact same conversation as pervious call but this time the guy says give us 15 mns il callback.. no call received again.. we get to the original property we had booked but the hotel manager tells us that the hotel has no rooms for us since the entire property is already booked.. he apparently had lready told Oyo few days back about this situation. it clearly Oyo didn't bother till the day we were to reach mahabaleshwar. the manager manages to contact someone directly since the call centre was clearly of no help to us.. the Oyo guy on the call gives us the name and address of the new property in which we have been shifted. guess what.. the new property which was supposed to be near the original property is not in mahabaleshwar! it's in panchgani but obviously who cares. we check out the new property and find the rooms very small - they were almost half the size of what we had originally booked. we raise a concern the new property hote man ager says we can book the more premium rooms and its available le but will come at extra cost.. also on OYO it states property has a swimming pool but this new property does not.. also the previously booked property had better ratings plus peoperty was better (including ratings on tripadvisor) we raise our concern with Oyo and the guy lies saying the premium rooms are not available! ya we clearly are to book through Oyo. then this man threatens us after making us wait on the road for hours and make us roam around from one place to another that we can either take the small rooms or cancel the booking and take the money from OYO. Awesome ownership of his job he has done.. first screw up terribly and then threaten us..Then we called up OYO saying that our rooms were degraded and need balance money back but only reply from oyo was we will call you back this happend more than 4 times and have yet to received a call back from them and not even a courtesy call back
                                    OYO Rooms Customer Care's response

Dear Oyo. You have cheated me. I was given Room-304 at Season Four residencies-Thiruvanmiyur-Chennai] on 17-Nov-2015 for the booking MTGC0427. It simply did NOT match the high standards claimed by you. The following were the list of problems I encountered. 1. There were ugly stains on the walls 2. Poor acoustics [ It was possible for me to hear every word spoken in the adjacent room. Corridor noise could also be heard inside the room] 3. No Wifi 4. No lift [I was given a room on the third floor and had to take the stairs several times] 5. Breakfast offered only after 8:30 AM [For a working professional like me, 8:30 AM is VERY late] 6. No attached restaurant 7. Broken door stopper 8. No trashcan in the bathroom to dispose of the tissue papers 9. Slippery bathroom flooring 10. Uncleared trash in the corridor [Food leftovers left outside the rooms had not been disposed of in a timely manner] I contacted you on 19/Nov and you agreed to revert back to me after your investigation. I have not heard back from you. I want nothing less than a full refund for this third rate experience. -Prakash
                                      OYO Rooms Customer Care's response
                                      Dear Guest, We are appalled to know about this. We completely understand your frustration and disappointment. We are working hard to deliver great customer service each time someone visits an OYO. It is rather embarrassing to know about this issue happening to one of our early and loyal guests. Rest assured, we'll investigate and solve the issue leading to this. Our customer experience team will very soon get in touch with you regarding this. We promise to deliver an amazing stay experience, the next time you stay with us. Thanks for your patience. Team OYO