Reader's Digest

Noida
Gautam Buddh Nagar District
Uttar Pradesh
India - 201301

For Book and Home Entertainment Queries (including Select Editions)

Shree Dashmesh Ramdasji Complex, P. No. 105/106, Village Nadhal, Near Chowk, Old Mumbai Pune National Highway, Tal Khalapur, Dist Raigarh Pin - 410206
Tel: +91 22 6712 2622

Sat 12:00 am - 12:00 am
Sun 12:00 am - 12:00 am

Reader's Digest Complaints & Reviews

Mohammed Jaseel M
Based on a promising letter from readers digest combined with icici bank credit cards I had sent Rs 379 as one year subscription and I had returned the pink entry tickets duly filled in time. But so far I have not recieved any of the items promised by readers digest.I never expected such an irresponsible dealings from such a reputed establishment and I never thought that it will be a fraud business.
Dear Mr. Mohammed Jaseel M,

Kindly write to us at [protected]@icicibank.com, with the subject line as ‘Customer Service – Credit Card’. Request you to provide the relevant details of your card, along with your full name and contact details.

We will be glad to assist you.

Nazia Sayeed
Office of the Nodal Officer
ICICI Bank

reader digest — not recieved any relevant information

i have not recieved any relevant information since then after posting the "yes" feedback letter !! please look after it !!

I got letter of winning a car IDIN12/RD001780/062540.SESHAM MARY.

Reader's Digest — Finalist nomination [Resolved]

vemula spandan
    I received a letter. stating that i am the nominee of finalist for Reader's digest. 1 corer RS. i got three checks and...

Premanand pp

s/o purshotam kalyani
    #5/6 kesari chand choudhary nagar
    ajmer road
    jaipur 302024

I've not received any issue of reader's digest so far . send the same urgently.
    To whom so ever it may concern.
    Kindly make the necessary correction in your records, (pin code)as it should read as mentioned below in my mailing address towards the RD magazine & all correspondence sent,
    Thanks.

Anand parbat
    New delhi
    C/O 56 APO

Sachin Supekar
      I too have received some kind of documents which convey that i would be getting Rs.26, 00, 000. Have they ever paid any prize monies??????
      To,
      Reader digest

I have sent you mail twice, as i had received a letter regarding some prizes and prizes of winning a car, dont miss the chance and many more. then i was trying to search the phone number, lastly i got a number tel:[protected], I had tried to this number not less than 100 times, but no response...

If your company is verymuch serious on this send me a mail and let us know the details on urgent basis

Manas
      i am sendig today the whare iam recived from reader's digest final namination letter. wait and see it is fake or ok

soundara pandian
        sir, ihave sent regd.Parcel to Readers digest through SRK Vidyalaya - So to Readers Digest, Navi mumbai which was not delivered to them till date as informed by them to me . The deatails are given below .
        SRK VIDYALAYA - SO 641020
        RPA nO. 296 ; cOUNTER nO.1. OP- CODE:12 :
        TO
        READERS DIGEST, NAVI MUMBAI. PIN: 400710.

Wt:765 GMS. aMT:52.00, 03/02/09; 10.26 am.

The proof of delivery may pl. be sent to me my mail id. [protected]@yahoo.co.in
        your earliest reply will be highly appreciated .

with kind regards,
        soundara pandian.
        Reader's digest is so called international fraud company, ialso never received any information about sweeepstakes cum quick prize or early bonus prize winner in last 5 years, i had been memmber of R.D. subscription for last 6 years buti received many times, tyes replies, forcing to purchas products, i had purchased 20, 000 rs. books cum jewlery from R.D. in last 5 years, But i never came to know, who was winner of sweepstakes, even when contacted, so called published winners like, Mr.Khanse for year 2008, he sweared, he never purchased any r.d. book in life, So all things published on R.d. website is false, and i never expected R.D. going with India Today to such low levels to market their books or products.

Rahul Ekbote, Pimpri, Pune
        Dear Sirs,
        This is regarding RD One Crore Rupees Sweepstakes.I had affixed the priority processing seal in the designated box on the front of the attestation to say Yes to"How it All Started." My M.O No A 1503
        on ordinary MO to RD BHE Navi Mumbai 400710 had been already been sent on 9/06/09 for a total MO value of Rs 1199 + Rs60/-= Rs Rs 1259/- ( Rupees One Thousande two Hundred and fiftynine.only ) . Till date no book has been delivered in my address . My subscription No is 08-M294GH-RD[protected] NOV '09 5091 My address: Ms Nazmi Rafique. C/O N.R.Diengdoh, Jacksontrace, Lower Lumparing, Shillong -793004, Meghalaya. I had also despatched my card along with the order..
        I shall be glad if you would kindly look into the matter at the earliest as we deserve better services from such a reputed company like yours.
        NAZMI RAFIQUE.

Reader's Digest — complaint on sweepstakers [Resolved]

V.BHASKAR NAIK
          Iam v.bhaskar naik, i had participated in sweepstakes gifts & money [protected]@[protected]... i had cleared each and every...

Namita Farias
          My mother subscribes to Reader's Digest- a good magazine to read.

Unfortunately because of this, our contact details have been sent to their Sweepstakes and Offers division and so we keep receiving (unlimited) unsolicited mailers regarding special offers, sweepstakes etc. enticing my mother to responded to them- without any proper knowledge of how it works and the terms and conditions applicable etc.

My mother had even bought a CD collection ‘Romantic Singers’ - a set of 6 CDs. I listened to them, to discover to my horror that they were all ‘covers’ and not the 'original singers’ and so I actually junked the CDs ! she has ordered 2 books which are unread as its nice to view and order but no one actually reads them and frankly I dont think they were worth the price even on the so called 'offer'

I have written to them to delete my mother's name and contact details from all the databases pertaining to any and all sweepstakes, offers etc. I hope they will action my request soon.
          i am a contestent of readers digest sweep stakes i see 3 stars what price is get for me...
          R.d. 's so called Sweepstakes is carrot in front of donkeys like us, just sitting on our backs, R.D. has never given and would never give any sweeepstakes or lottery, like, quick prize draw or early bird bonus, never purchase R.D. products and reply to their marketing letters, its international fraud company, which must be brought under consumers court immediately for cheating with customers, luring them to sell products, luring them to give sweepstakes, and india today staff is more theives, plz. put them behind barswith consumer court, once anybody file complaints, all many people will come forward to sue r.D. and India today theif management.Never purchase or reply to their lottery offering letters as everything is fradulant as experienced by me and my friends.

Rahul ekbote,
          Pimpri, Pune
          Mobile[protected]
          I have paid for" Marvels & mysteries" by cheque, as per advice on the fliers that they keep sending and I have received some vague copy of Reader's digest condensed edition and asking for payment for that book which I don't want.My cheque has been encashed !
          RD people keep sending some absolutely useless books which are so senseless, by VPP, withuot mentioning anything on the cover. we take it thinking it is RD
          Respected Mr.Vikas Malhotra,
          I would like to bring to your kind notice that I have become a laughing stuff in my village and vicinity as I have spent a lot of money to get this sweep stack prize money and till to date there is no out come, I am very much hope ful to get this money as I have told people to put this money for some noble cause, diappointed badly.

Shobha Ram Vishwakarma
          Complaint comments  Add a comment

Reader's Digest — Sending the books by V.P.P-I didn't order the books.

DHIMAN_YOGESH1234
            Reader's Digest is VERY big fraud company. This company sends the books by V.P.P. without any order. And the parents...

Shahi prakash Mishra
            I have not received a pink envelope marked monitored Communication, that's why I could not send my finalist certification seal.
            Hi R.D. management,

Why R.D. management using sweepstakes to cheat and market its inferior products and luring innocent people to take part in sweepstakes, even when they return their documents, everytime u sayu r entered in finals and again after 3-4 times u say u r entered ibn finasl and u again send letetr to return documents in 7 days, else
            u r final chance to enter is cancelled is the letter recd. by some friends, this is not correct, nobody will beleieve in future the R.D. management, bvecause, already there are thousands of complaints aginst R.D. management cheating.
            Rahul
            I have not received the pink envelope even after 30 days
            I am in receipt of some of the letters/certificates offered that I am one of the potentical winner of the RD sweepstakes -2011. I am very sorry to say that I am received all these times the unpasted envelopes from u.. The viewers of the envolpes do open the cover and start to comment, sometimes complaints about RD. Till I receive the final result of my entry in the sweepstakes 2011 i have no complaints about RD. So please try to close the cover or if not try to not to see the matters of the letter inside the cover to the persones who see it.

That's all my comments now Sir. Hope u will take care of it.
            I am in receipt of some of the letters/certificates offered that I am one of the potentical winner of the RD sweepstakes -2011 35 lakh & 18 lakh honda accard car plese give me my prize to detail email id or mobile phone
            [protected]@yahoo.in
            mobile no. [protected]
            dharam bhardwaj
            vill kakori post umari gaurabadshahpur dist jaunpur up india
            pin 222133

Reader's Digest — Sweepstakes truth [Resolved]

ravi
              Let me first clarify that I have nothing against Reader’s digest. In fact I am still a fan of the magazine. I just want...

Reader's Digest — Renewal of Suscription + 3 gifts [Resolved]

A.P.JAIN

I have applied for renewal of my subscription through the offer made by Reader's Digest in...

Jeetesh Kumar Jain
              Hi There,
              I have paid Rs379/- to Reader's digest through my ICICI platinum card.
              The amount has been deducted on 14th Jan itself but I have neither received magazine for Jan nor for Feb.
              Following is the excerpt from my card statement indicating the same.

14/01/2009 74327079015090144210183 READERS DIGEST MANUAL MUMBAI Rs. 379.00(DR)

Reader Digest team, if you re in no mood of issuing the magazine, please return my money or I would pursue this case with consumer forum.
              in case you wish to send my subscription, send it on:
              Jeetesh Kumar Jain,
              Flat no 405, Mahaveer Classic Apts.
              1st Cross, Sayadri Extension,
              Panduranganagar,
              J.P. Nagar 7th Phase,
              Bangalore-76
              Ph no: [protected].

No Thanks,
              Jeetesh.

neetin kumar
                I have taken the subscription 2 month back and still i have'nt receive any copy.No customer care i called but no reply they only know that we take the subscription and after that no response.
                My suggestion don't take the subscription of reader's digest its worst.
                I want a new Reader's Digest Scbscription in Hindi Langauge, but How.
                Rajeev
                I order the readers digest back in July, paid my bill and suppose to get three free gifts. The more I search that are many complaints about them. I never received my three gifts either. So I called today and made sure that I was very upset the way they deal with the customers.After 1 hr on the phone the girl promised me they will be sent out tomorrow. I told her if I did not get them within a week I will call again and again till I get my gifts! Here is the number that I called[protected].
                Good luck everyone

Reader's Digest — Friend did not receive gift subscr. [Resolved]

Gisela Baldwin
                  Hi!
                  On 11-10-08 I mailed acheck to you with two gift subscription listed. My check #2348 was for $33.96 and was cashed...

RIJESH
                  Two months back i had subscribed to READERS DIGEST (annual subscription) via credit card payment of Rs 379. I had communicated my transaction id to them and was promised that it would be processed. But They had cheated! I am wondering how to get my money back.
                  From: swami nathan <[protected]@gmail.com>
                  Date: Mar 15, 2009 7:15 PM
                  Subject: ARE YOU PLAYING FRAUD ON GIFT SUBSCRIPTION, FOR MONEY TAKEN ON VPP ??????????
                  To: subscription.[protected]@intoday.com, Shanta Nair <shanta.[protected]@intoday.com>
                  Cc: midcenter <[protected]@gmail.com>, swaminathan <[protected]@rediffmail.com>, swaminathan pv <[protected]@yahoo.co.in>

From :::::: PV Swaminathan 12-63, Veerappa Gadda, Uppal P.O. Hyderabad 500039
                  {ph[protected] ;; [protected] }

TO::::::SUBSCRIPTION DEPARTMENT, READER'S DIGEST, { UNDER CC TO MS SHANTHA REFR HER E-MAIL}

SUB ::::::: IT IS A MATTER OF SHAME, SHAME AND SHEAR SHAME UPON YOU IN DEALING WITH PUBLIC MONEY

PART 'A' REFERENCES

MY REFERENCES::: {1} MY A/C NO :::;[protected]
                  {2} SUBSCRIBED FOR GIFT SUBSCRIPTION ON[protected] Favouring Mr TK Sivaraman- Subscription Number ID given by you {[protected] }
                  {3} Yr VPP for gift subscription reaching me on[protected] and gift subscription paid only on[protected]
                  {4} Your magazine under gift subscription --{ FIRST ISSUE ] of ref, reaching only on 12th of march 2009.--{March2009 issue}
                  {5} Your Shantha Nair confirming by her e-mail dated 6th Feb 2009 THAT :::::::

""...There was an inordinate delay in processing your order for a gift subscription due to technical problems and your gift subscription is entered for the period November 08 to October 09.>
                  >Since the recipient would not like to receive the back issues, your gift subscription is being entered for the period March 09 to February 2010. Trust you will concur..."""
                  > {6} your sending Dec08, Jan 2009 and Feb 2009 issue ---all on[protected] from Mumbai as per your franking stamp --all dating on[protected] ...AS IF TO RECIEVE ALL THE THREE MONTH'S OLD PAPERS ---TO RECIEVE ON 13TH MARCH 2009 !!!
                  [7] YOU HAVE NOT CARED TO ATTEND MY -MAILSENT TO YOU DATED 12TH MARCH 2009

PART '' B ''[protected]MY LETTER PROPER BEGINS :::::::::

[protected]{A] I PROTEST YOUR TAKING FOR GRANTED ATTITUDE IN DEALING WITH THIS GIFT SUBSCRIPTION..
                  {B} WHOM YOU INTEND TO FOOL BY SENDING ALL THE OLD ISSUES AT ONE GO ON[protected] ????/AND YOU WANT TO RECON THE SUBSCRIPTION FROM OCTOBER OR NOVEMBER 2008 AND CLOSE THE SUBSCRIPTION BY OCT 2009 ????
                  IS THAT YOUR VILLAINOUS INTENTION ???????
                  {C} ON THE SAME LOGIC WILL YOU START SENDING SOME MORE OLD ISSUES FOR A TOTAL OF 12NUMBERS AND SAY "" YOUR SUBSCRIPTION IS OVER AND YOU AGAIN RENEW SUBSCRIPTION ?????????
                  {D} I HAVE SPECIFICALLY ASKED CLEARLY A QUESTION FOR YOU TO REPLY AS TO FROM WHICH ISSUE THE SUBSCRIPTION BEGINS AND UPTO WHAT MONTH IT WILL BE ALIVE .
                  NOW SINCE THE FIRST ISSUE HAS COME FROM MARCH 2009, THE SUBSCRIPTION SHOULD COVER UP TO FEB 2010
                  ISSUE . PL NOTE MAKE A CARE FULL NOTE OF THE SAME WITHOUT ANY COMPROMISE OR ANY SORT UNDERCUTTING, FOR SURE.
                  {E} YOU CAN NOT PLAY ANY TRICKS AND RECON THE SUBSCRIPTION FOR ANY EARLIER MONTH, EVEN BY ONE MONTH .
                  TO COMMENCE .
                  {F} THE SUBSCRIPTION WAS PAID ON [16TH jAN 2009 BY YR VPP ] -----YOU CAN NOT PLAY YOUR CLEAVER TRICKS BY SENDING EARLIER ISSUES ---ALL ENMASSE IN ONE BUNCH ON[protected] ??????
                  [G] IS THIS THE WAY YOU HANDLE CUSTOMER"S SUBSCRIPTIONFOR THE MONEY THEY HAVE PAID ON SIMPLE TRUST WITH YOU ?????
                  {H} IF THIS IS THE WAY YOU DEAL WITH PUBLIC MONEY, IT IS SHAME UPON YOU PEOPLE !!!
                  [G} IF YOUR INTENTION IS TO PROFITEER ON CUSTOMER'S SUBSCRIPTION IN THIS MANNER, THEN I SHALL HAVE TO
                  FEEL THAT IT IS NO MORE WORTH TO DEAL WITH SUCH PEOPLE OF MEAN ULTERIOR =OUT-LOOK, BEREFT OF ANY SENSE OF EITHER SHAME OR GUILT IN HANDLING PUBLIC MONEY .

PV SWAMINATHAN, HYDERABAD
                  {F##############################################################################
                  my friend v r on same boat...but we will not get it back since those phone numbers will just ring with out responce, they are big frauds, plz ask ur cc issuing bank not to authorise any future transaction my them ...ask them not to approve any payment for readers digest...or better cancell that card to save ur self from future fraud issue by them...
                  Hey guys,

GOOD NEWS !!!

I am in the same boat also. But there is ray of hope as i can see now. As i complained this matter to ICICI customer care as i got this offer from ICICI credit card statement signed by regional marketing head and hence i decided to go for it in Jan 09. On 17 Feb my credit card acc was charged with amount of 379 Rs and till now i have not recieved any magazine. So i decided to complain at ICICI and today i send a brief mail related to this to ICICI cust care and surprisingly i got a call from ICICI cust care in just one hour (ohhh goshhhhh!!!) and the guy told me that u will start getting subscription of Readers Digest from April 09 as they need 2 months from actual payment date (17 feb 09) to start the sucscription .
                  I am happy now. at least there is some hope. Lets c what happens after 2 months.

Hope u all get some relief after reading this news..
                  ___________________________
                  Kiran Patil.
                  A disturbed Common man !!
                  Same thing happened to me. I have paid Reader's Digest subscription in the month of Feb through Credit Card, Till now no one is bothered to reply properly for my mails. I have done this with my foreign Credit Card. Readers Digest people are big cheaters. PLEASE NEVER EVER USE CREDIT CARDS FOR THIS BUGGING READERS DIGEST SUBSCRIPTIONS.
                  I am also sailing with you all in the same boat or rather joined you all!!! I subscribeed for RD on behalf of my son and they promptly collected the subscription charges by sending the so called Gifts-nothing but worthless books.I am supposed to have got my first copy in the month of November 09 and till today nothing has come.I sent two mails directly to their Sweepstakes Director who is sending all correspondence but till now he hasnt got the decency or time to respond.What else can be bad than this.Why are they still existing wihout caring for their customers and not responding to their complants? Is there some way to get them to respond?
                  Dear SIR/MADAM,

I AM SON OF DR.T RAMAKRISHNAIAH A/C;[protected].D-4210.H.NO.1-162NEW

DWARAKANAGAR COLONY. REKURTHY. KARIMNAGAR. A.P.

I bring in to your kind NOTICE that my fatherDR.T.RAMAKRISHNAIAH.PASSED AWAY .HE IS NOMORE.

PLEASE DONOT SEND ANY CORRESPONDENCE ON HIS NAME.

YOURS TRUELY

T.A.PSWAMY
                  S/O.LATE. DR.T.RAMAKRISHNAIAH
                  sir, you have send me the letter for winning car or rupees, but I am not receiving both of them. I receive your finalist stage certificate.so what to do??? I will claim to you.please don't give to readers digest to me.please send me your feedback to my e-mail ID.
                  POTENTIAL PRIZE DELIVERY ZONE AI-0109
                  In spite of my repeated e-mails, Reader's Digest seems to play a hide & seek game as I am not able to get a suitable reply as to why they have sent me one registered VPP Packet containing 3 nos small Paperback books which I had never ordered which cost me Rs, 549/- plus Rs.28/-against P&T charges collected by me on 07th July 2012. The interesting fact is that, all the 3 nos. of Paperback books namely, ''BECOME A COMPLETE CHAMPION'', ''HANDWRITING ANALYSIS'' & ''HOW TO UNDERSTAND YOUR CHILD'' had already been received by me on 27th January 2012 itself as my FREE SURPRISE GIFTS from Reader's Digest against my One Year Subscription of the magazine. In response to their advices, I have sent The Scanned Copy of the Regd. VPP Packet along with the front covers of all the 3 books which I had received in January 2012. But to my utter surprise, the Customer Care executives of Reader's Digest have not care to reply me till today. I am completely fade up with them. I would like to draw kind attention of Mr. Madhur Pandey, Executive, Customer Care and also to Mr.J.Mathew the Director of the Sweepstakes Committee, who had awarded me the status of ''DISTINGUISHED CUSTOMER'' (A/c No:[protected] F-8580, H/C:[protected], P/K:[protected] /[protected] issued in March 2012).
                  Can I aspect some reply from them?
                  Disillusioned Customer Mr (Dr) Iftakhir Hussain, M>D> Road, Morikolong, P>O & Distt: NAGAON, Assam-782001.
                  Complaint comments  Add a comment

Reader's Digest / 1001 Science Question Answered And Shine Felicity Crystal Cylinder — Membership No. 648080400, Customer reference No. 105046551 [Resolved]

Sushmita Shukla
                    Dear whoever reads this email,

I am one frustrated and fed up customer of Reader's Digest with absolutely...

Reader's Digest — Sweepstakes nonsense [Resolved]

Surendra Varma
                    Could someone please give me the e-mail address of Vikas Malhotra of Reader's Digest? I want him to stop making a fool...

Mrs Neela Bhalla
                    Sirs, My subscription 06-T/N[protected]Jun'08

I had sent you Citi bank cheque no 930449 dated 02/05/08 for Rs 379 .00 for renrwal of my subscription but I have not been recieving copies of the Readers Digest for which I have been subscribing for over last ten years. would you be kind enough to do the needful and revert asap.
                    Mrs Neela Bhalla
                    7, outhern Avenue,
                    Maharani Bagh
                    New Delhi 110065.
                    Hi Sir My subscription No is rdre10-rd[protected]/01108 and my subscription expires coming Sept 2011 and I have renewed the subscription for next year by sending Rs 450 as dd 15 days back neither have I received any information regaring its receipts inspite of sending mail intimating the same to marketing dept nor have I received the 3 books promised as gifts. Kindly reply.
                    Senin Abraham, Kayamkulam, Alleppy dist, Kerala
                    Complaint comments  Add a comment

Reader's Digest Sweepstakes — Reply to my letters and mobile number please to know details. [Resolved]

PRASDA RAO
                      DEAR SIR,
                      I HAVE RECIEVED PRIZE TICKET OF Rs.2500000/APPROVED BY Mr RAJAT SETHI AND VIKAS MALHOTRA TO SEND THE DOCUMENTS...

Reader's Digest Mumbai — Not getting my monthly subscription of Reader's digest Book [Resolved]

Vikas Kumar Dubey
                      Respected Madam/ Sir,
                      This is to bring into you kind notice that, I had applied for monthly subscription of Readre's...