Standard Chartered Bank Complaints & Reviews

2.4
Last updated Sep 30, 2022

File a complaint to Standard Chartered Bank

Having problems with Standard Chartered Bank?

File a complaint and get it resolved by Standard Chartered Bank customer care. It’s quick effective and absolutely free!

Standard Chartered Bank

1800 345 1000

View more phone numbers

View more phone numbers

Standard Chartered Bank reviews & complaints page 62

I was holding a standard chartered credit card approx 10 years back at Bangalore. There were some wrong debits like late fees payment and interest on interest charges which i in person went to the bank and spoken to the branch incharge of koramangala branch at that point of time. I do remember that i have made all the payment pertaining to the purchase which i made and cancelled the card by cutting the same into 4 pieces and handed over...
chq payments instabuys account classic [protected]
vijay keshav malvankar
my outstanding amount was converted into restructure plan of thirty five emi of rs.1887/- inthe year 2008
i had paid the all thirty five emi but still you have shown one emi is remaining
please clarify.
details of payment is as under
date cheque no. name of bank amount
7-7-08 ...
That SC bank branch repeatably missing to ask me the information which was necessary for the application of home loan/mortgage for my new purhcased flat. They asked me to return back to the branch couple of times to re-submit the document or signature as they simple missed out and misunderstood their interal procedure. It didn't not waste my time (as i am working overseas) and SC bank also failed to complete the date of the mortgage...

Standard Chartered Bank, Bangalore — FREEZING OF SAVINGS ACCOUNT WITHOUT INTIMATION TO ACCOUNT HOLDER

MY SAVINGS ACCOUNT IN STANDARD CHARTERED BANK, M G ROAD WAS FROZEN WITHOUT INTIMATION TO ME AND EVEN AFTER REPEATED REQUESTS TO RETRIEVE IT BACK, ITS NOT DONE. I HAVE LOAN AMOUNT LINKED TO THIS ACCOUNT WHEREIN I HAVE DEPOSITED THIS BANKS CHEQUE TO SBI.
THE CHEQUE IS NOT CLEARED DUE TO NON AVAILABILITY OF FUNDS IN STANDARD CHARTERED BANK. KINDLY RESLOVE THIS PROBLEM AT THE EARLIEST. I AM NOT GOING BEAR THE CHEQUE BOUNCE CHARGES AS I...

This is regarding my credit card - Manhattan Credit card which I had in 2005. I have always paid all my dues on time without any default and I have used the card from 2004 to 2005 for more than a year. My card has been discontinued as well in 2006. I had an outstanding of Rs.1735/- with the bank but dint get the credit card statements since May 2005 and therefore, missed the payment since then. Today, after a span of 6 years I can see a huge outstanding of Rs 30000 + shown in my CIBIL report. I dont have any dispute/outstanding with any other bank. Now, I am in a fix because my CIBIL history is spoiled because of this. I wanted to apply for a loan for the first time and I am shocked to see my credit card history. Therefore, I will sincerely appeal to help me out in this respect and let me know what to do. I want to settle the amount amicably with the bank but they are insisting me to pay the entire amount of Rs 30000+ and then only they will remove my name from CIBIL. Thats a huge amount and I cant imagine my outstanding amount going up to 16 times in a span of 6 years.

I will advice people not to take credit cards and specially from STANDARD CHARTERED BANK, they are total frauds. In spite of repeatedly telling them to settle the amount amicably, they are insisting me to pay this huge amount which is totally unreasonable. I dont know what to do but will advice others sincerely not to subscribe to STANDARD CHARTERED BANK credit cards.
Aug 13, 2020
I disagree with the STANDARD CHARTERED BANK's behaviour and attitude. They have put such a huge penalty.
Standard Chartered Manhattan are no less than robbers. This is just for some other people who can be aware before getting bank account or credit card.

I am Vinayak Manohar Patkar resding at no 2 shukratara, deodhar hospital lane, nr. deodhar hospital, gokhale road, naupada, thane west.I am gold reward primary credit card holder and my credit card no is [protected]. I have recd ur credit card statment of rs.3758.28/- due dt 16.10.2011 in this regard i have tell you is that I had make the payment twice on this card statement 1) on 28.06.2011 of rs.1016.47 & 2) on 14.09.2011 of rs.2705/- drop at thane drop box near deodhar hospital and there is no due so far even I have recd this statement so please recomfimed due amount and then only.. send to me statement
    I think there is no such due amount owe to me.
    Please rectify you card statement and fresh statement send it to me on given address
    Aug 13, 2020
    I think there is no such due amount owe to me.

My Mom R. Kowsalya Owns a standard chartered plantinum credit, though she is unaware o[censored]sing it, they have given it to her since she is a government employee. we have not used that card in last 3 years, suddenly a enhancement card package has been sent to us in the month of october and a corresponding bill of 4K has been sent, we did intimate to them to take back the package as we are not interested in it, however they...
      CARD NO. [protected]
      NAME -ANIS AHMAD
      DOB-10.12.1972
      M.NO. [protected]
      PAID/SETTLED AMOUNT RS. 12040/-

I HAVE PAID ABOVE PAYMENT WITH BANK SETTLEMENT
      BUT MY NAME WRONGLY ADDED IN NEAGTIVE CIBIL REDIT REPORT
      HENCE REQUESTED TO U PLEASE REMOVE MY NAME WITH ABOVR DETAIL LISTED IN CIBIL CREDIT REPORT
      ANIS AHMAD KHAN
      (ADVOCATE)
      M.NO. [protected]...
      I have applied for credit Card. It was told to me that doccuments are fine and i will get the card within 15 working days. But nobody has contacted me after getting the doccument. The agent who has picked my doccument has kept his phone off. When i asked this query to customer care , they are not clearly answering my query. Once they hear my name, next time they are not picking up the call. Its really harashing. I am really upset with the...
      Not to let any calls from standared charted bank for credit cards or any subsequent facility. They are charging higher and not keeping their words. Every proceeding is on verbal, while looking to the booklet one can found that their saying were out of box. Even after, when one go for cancellation, their proceeding is very burdensome and contrary to their previous sayings. Be carefull dont register with any credit card facility provided by...

dear sir: re:
      account nos;[protected]
      account nos;[protected] my complaint started since 2005 when i use my standard chartered credit card for the purchase of 6 tickets going to palawan on May, 2005 but since my mother had a heart attack, i had to cancel our trip since she was supposed to go with me and my children. i called your customer service to ask how to cancel the said transaction and was advised to go back to the travel agency where i bought the tickets. i did and saw the transaction slip was voided by the agency. when the billing staement of your company arrived on July, 2005, i was shocked to see that i was still being billed for that transaction so i called the customer service and asked how that happen. the customer service was named ANGELA and she advised me to call your dispute department and talked to a certain MS. COLA on Aug. 17, 2005, she said that she would look into the matter and call me. no call came. then another bill arrived on September, 2005 with the same statement and interest of the said transaction so i called your office again and talked to JOY, who gave me MRS. CALIUAG's direct line. i explained to her what happened and asked me to write my grievances and fax the letter, advising me to forward the letter to ERIKA; cc: MRS. CAYA, which i did on Sept. 28,2995. i called ERIKA VILLA again to confirm if she got my fax and she confirmed that she did. another letter arrived from your legal dapartment on Oct.4, 2005 and as soon as i got that letter i called up MRS. FERNANDEZ. FROM THAT TIME UP TO THE PRESENT YOUR COLLECTING AGENCIES ARE HARASSING ME AND I WAS EXPECTING A CALL FROM YOUR OFFICE, BUT NOTHING. you could verify with my other credit cards {bpi and rcbc} that i am a good and a valuable client and you could verify with my history with your company that i pay what i owe. i hope with this email that you would investigate and settle my case, hoping for your immediate response, rizalina ramos espinosa
      Aug 13, 2020

My EMI Card no. [protected] (Master Card) issued on 07/05 expired in 07/08, had rqstd to know the status of this card and had asked them to send me a new valid card. Regret, same not received until date.
        Please do the needfull in the matter after 1st May, as i shall be out of the country.
        Thanking You,
        NAUSHAD HUSAIN....

Standard Chartered Capital Markets Ltd. — misappropriation of funds

DEAR SIR,
        THIS IS TO INFORMYOU THAT I OPENED A DEMAT A/C IN THE NAME OF MY WIFE (RAJANI SHARMA), CLIENT CODE- 07S383, WITH STANDARD CHARTERED CAPITAL MARKETS LTD.(STCI CAPITAL MARKETS ), KOLKATA (REPRESENTATIVE'S NAME : MR.RAJESH RAM) IN THE THE MONTH OF DECEMBER, 2009. AND TRANSACTION STARTED IN THE MONTH OF JANUARY, 2010, WITHOUT ANY INTIMATION TO ME. I PAID IN TOTAL RS.85000/- BY CHEQUES TO MR. RAJESH RAM (THE REPRESENTATIVE...

My Name is Sovit Sarangi. I had a Standard Charted Credit Card , but I have never used this Card however CIBIL Record shows a Rs 12000.00 Overdue which is written off.

Please help to rectify this in CIBIL. My Mail id : [protected]@rediffmail.com.

My Contact no. [protected].

Sovit...
        I Prasanna had used Standard chartered credit card in year 2009 bearing No:[protected], Sir, till the card was operation, my due was paid before the due date . SIR, KINDLY NOTE THAT THE WAS LIFE TIME FREE WITHOUT ANY ANNUAL FEE.
        But when Stand chart representative issued a upgraded card i.e MAN HATTAN, he had told that there will be one fee of Rs:3500/-, but my colleagues had got it as LIFE TIME FREE WITHOUT...

My family and I have more than 20 accounts with Standard Chartered and we are your customers since you were named as Grindlays.
        For last two years I have had numerous problems/issues with your CF branch, Salt Lake,Kolkata branch. I would not like to go into details of previous issues. However I would like to point out a current issue which is not being resolved.
        Our family sponsors a Private University known as CMJ University and we applied to open an account in CF Branch Salt Lake, Kolkata. We applied nearly one and half months back with all supporting documents and we were promised that the account will be open in seven working days. However till now, it has not been opened. DD's worth of Rs. 40 Lacs is lying with me and because these DD's are not being encashed University students are suffering. I have made several phone calls to Ms. Manisha Chakrawarthy who is handling our other accounts. She has lately been avoiding my calls. A week back when she finally took the call (I was using someone else's mobile no) she delegated this work to Mr Sujit, an employee of the same branch. Now this person again is avoiding my calls. I was told that I will get the account no last week itself. I am making calls to the branch on[protected] to speak to the branch manager regarding this matter but no one is picking up the phone for last one week now.
        I am tired of this hide and seek played by your employees who are giving bad name to your bank. I would definitely like to close all my saving/current/fixed accounts with you as soon as possible.
        Aug 13, 2020

This is to inform, that DSE calling on behalf of standard chartered giving wrong commitments to sell their cards. | was promised, the welcome gift worth 1000 along with 10 tickets which I can avail either in PVR or Waves cinema.

When I received the card I got to know about that all the features and benefits are just a trick to sell their cards, no benefits and features being promised are there. I have done the complaint immediately but being told by Customer Support that they require 15days to resolve the issue, obviously to let the cooling off period to pass.

I have been taken for ride by verification, grievance redressal and customer support team Nothing, being given to me till date. Only resolution being suggested is to cancel the card.
          Can I do anything to retrieve the lost time and energy?

Ashish

Standard Chartered — unwanted telemarketing calls

am fed of the pesky telecallers from standard chartered bank every second day,despite being on the DND list.i wish to bash them up when they call me at random,while i'm in the midst of some some important work at office...
          for heaven sake stop these calls

I hold a Standard Chartered Manhattan card numbered [protected] . In the monthly statement i received for the month of December 2009, an erroneous transaction of 5000 odd rupees was levied on me which i am sure was not mine. I paid my dues minus this transaction, filed a dispute for an investigation of the transaction.My card was de-activated . I was never contacted on my complaint . I have a job which involves a lot...
            Sir/Madam,
            I Prasanna working For HAL , I was using Standard Chartered credit card, when there Service was not CORRECT, I closed all my debits and asked them to closed my card . And also lodged a complaint with the customer Care & the complaint No:BL01/12/09/786413/AOI . this started from SEP"2009" after so many discussions the above complaint No:.
            NOTE:- THE CARD WHICH I WAS USING IS LIFETIME FREE CARD, ON THAT...

Name-Prakash D. Naringrekar
            PAN no-AACPN9884F
            CIBIL CONTROL NO.[protected]
            Amount-Rs. 9200-approx.
            Status on CIBIL Site-writeoffsettled
            Details-I have no habit o[censored]sing credit card.This must be for annual fees payable.I had requested for waiver of annual fees as many credit card cos give free cards. Hence I might have not paid the annual fees. This amount must be interest piled up by your system.
            I wish to clear my records in CIBIL Site. pl. give me details and how to square off the things.