Tamil Nadu Electricity Board [TNEB] Complaints & Reviews

Last updated Feb 7, 2023

File a complaint to Tamil Nadu Electricity Board [TNEB]

Having problems with Tamil Nadu Electricity Board [TNEB]?

File a complaint and get it resolved by Tamil Nadu Electricity Board [TNEB] customer care. It’s quick effective and absolutely free!

Tamil Nadu Electricity Board [TNEB]

Chennai District
Tamil Nadu

Tamil Nadu Electricity Board [TNEB] Phone Numbers

Tamil Nadu Electricity Board [TNEB] reviews & complaints page 256

I m in veerapandi privu at Tirupur, my problem is low voltage problem in our home, with in a week's . during about that, we are complaint Tirupur veerapandi privu eb offices, they had rectify the problem after 3 or 4 days, but same problem will come after one week, 22 house in our compound .3 and 4 people shifted the house for above problem, we donot know, what to do next, so send the message for you any further action, By Sarathi [protected]

Sir, Few days before we had TNEB employees coming to our house to replace our old meter, but while checking they informed us that the old meter is having a fault as it had electric leak (shock when they touched the old meter). They told us that we have to pay Rs 2500 for replacing this old meter with their new digital meter. Please clarify if I have to pay Rs 2500 to get the same. I reside in Kumaran colony, Vadapalani, Chennai...

For the past 1 year there are frequent electricity failures in my area (Shanmugarayan Street, Old Washermenpet, Bombay hotel opposite) and it looks like no one is taking steps to address the issue. If the problem still persists for another week I'm taking the issue up to higher grounds for a solution.

My service number is[protected]. I paid bill amount of Rs.5766.31 on 10th of August 16:25 and the amount was deducted from my bank account. But after few seconds it displayed failure message and the paid amount has not been updated in the website. I'm trying to repay but the service number is not searching in website. Really pissed :(:(:(

Sir, The Janakiammal RMU under Kodambakkam division is perilously close to our compound wall. The unit is carelessly handled/maintained by the Board. The surrounding area is never cleaned with lots of plants and creepers climbing upto the top of the posts, inside boxes etc. The boxes and cables are not properly laid with cables exposed and the boxes kept open most of the time. The present condition of the RMU poses grave danger to not only to our house but to lots of public who are using the road throughout. Kindly immediate action may be taken to set right the cables and clean maintenance otf the area around the transformer.

My consumer no [protected].i had paid an advance CC charge of Rs 2000 by crossed ch.no1226 drawn on Bank of Maharashtra, Mylapore Branch on 2nd May, 2015.This has been wrongly credited to consumer no [protected].i lodged a complaint(No.[protected] dt29 th June, 2015.The complaint has not been resolved so far and the advance amount has not been credited back to my account.Kindly resolve the complaint without any further delay.

Power problem for the last 10 days and line man came and confirmed problem in cable and junction box. Still it is not rectified and we are suffering with out power.

Being in Chennai City without power is very difficult.

Pls resolve and do needful.

Regards, Vinodh
            Tamil Nadu Electricity Board [TNEB] customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

such a worst and poor maintenance was done by mangadu eb. every day night suffering without power for at least an hr.. I don know what type of maintenance work is done. even for a small drop of rain fault in eb lines are taking place. Since last week they answerded call regarding power failure. but in this week last two days. they never pick the call[protected]. last night we went to EB office no ones is there. All the fans were switched on. we shouted for 10 min. no one came finally current came by 5.30 am. now I'm registering this complaint by 12.34 am. still I called no answer. plz take a necessary action and relieve us from this trouble. my contact number is [protected].

நேத்து நைட் 9 மணிக்கு போன கரண்ட் இன்னும் வரல, கால் பண்ண ஒருத்தனும் போன எடுக்க மாற்றான். இடம் : தாம்பரம் மகாலட்சுமி நகர், சேரன் தெரு, அம்மா மெஸ் பக்கத்துல

Dear Sir, My consumer No. 09 236.040.163
                  Com Nos.[protected] dt 9/7, [protected] dt 10/7, [protected] dt 10/7

Pl refer to above requests. A wrong entry of Rs 11502/- for 1920 unit was mistakenly posted in my (online) a/c on 8/7 which belongs to consumer no...063. Actually the reading for my a/c was 330 unit which was taken only on 10/7. To reverse that entry I have sent above 3 requests.
                  Kindly arrange to reverse the entry and post correct reading for my online payment.
                  J J Ranjandas. [protected]

Dear Sir/Madam For past one week everyday power cut in our place(potheri) near srm university. Yesterday there was powercut at 10.00 p.m and it came after 3 hours nearly 1.45 a.m. And today also there is power cut 9.35p.m. Kindly do the needful

Sir sakthi nagar, 15th street, nerkundram, my place, sir morning 8.55am to 7.50 pm
                      Ithu varaikum innum Pona current varala
                      Koyambedu TNEB call pannuna full busy for 3 hours, koyambedu A.E number [protected] call pannuna not response
                      Answer, pls sir power quickly poda sollunga

Twice payment amount, Oriental Bank of commerce Debit card No.[protected] on 5th July 2015. "unsuccessful message" received but the amount deducted. Amount Rs.617.03. through same Online payment website "tnebnet.org/awp/login" Complaint numbers. [protected], [protected], [protected] R. Baskaran, Cell no. [protected].Still the amount was not refund

Sir / Madam EB has replaced our old analog meter with digital almost three months back. We have charged very high in our last bill itself and when we questioned they replied that they are averaging out based on last few months. Our maximum bill ever has been near Rs. 3000/- and that too during peak summer. To our shock we have been again produced current bill for Rs.8268/- which is nearly impossible considering we all been out of station for more than two weeks. Please look in to this and help us. Also, we want our meter to be changed at he earliest.

Dear Sir, In my house power is shut down, so I have raised the complaint from 19.07.2015 (evening) to till date (21.07.2015 ) as well I went to EB office(Chennai - Guindy ) so many times, but the problem is not yet solved. Last two days i put leave and waiting in EB office only. but there is no response. Now we(senior citizens, kids, childrens) got stuck in the house without power supply. I request you take an action immediately. Regards, M.Sundarrajan - [protected]

Greetings, Experiencing low voltage in the range of 170volts during day and night expect midnight to early morning. All equipment connected are getting faulty and air conditioning gets auto cutoff. Kindly look into the issue urgently. Location thanjavur N.K road, arokya nagar, 5th street, E B connection number 405 023 88. Ramalingam phone [protected]

தந்திமரம் சாய்ந்து ஒயர் நான்கு மாதமாக கீழே இ௫க்கிறது. தகவல் தரப்பட்டும் இதுவரை நடவடிக்கை இல்லை.
                                இடம்;தி௫ச்சி மாவட்டம், தி௫ப்பராய்துறை மினசாரவாரியத்திற்கு உட்பட்ட பெட்டவாய்த்தலையில் இ௫ந்து கோட்டையார்தோடடம், அ௫கில் ஏகிரி அம்மன் ஆலத்திற்கு செல்லும் பகுதி

Jijo Punnoose, E.B. Consumer numbers[protected] &[protected] .
                                  #20 Palat Sankaran Road, Mahalingapuram, Chennai 34
                                  During the previous rain spell moments after I drove my car through my driveway, a huge explosion occurred below the ground just in front of my gate. Flames rose to a height of my first floor and the inferno lasted for a long time. I consider it providence that mishap to my life didn't occur. During the time it took to repair that cable which went burst, the flats connected by it did without power. Apparently they were not unduly concerned so as to have the cable changed. But I was filled with alarm. I witnessed the shoddy job done. The burnt cable section of about six feet was cutout and replaced with a patch cable. It now amounted to an additional joint in this cable - over and above the dozens accumulated in the past decades.

The very same cable again burst yesterday evening after this season's first showers. With a fire that shot up 10 feet and road surface crackling and bursting for many minutes, the display was more ferocious than the previous.A visitor to my office had just removed her car from the vicinity when the explosion occurred. Yet, I now again see a 6 feet length of cable cut out by the shoddy repair gang and replaced by a patch cable. the same cable - with an additional joint now, would burst next. And with a lot of people coming to seek protection under my trees, this street now crowded with offices and garment processing outlets may not be spared from a tragedy the next time.

Respected sir/s, on account of this cable, this is a place waiting for an accident to happen. And I hope this letter of mine won't be cited as a failed warning after a mishap has occurred.

There is an EB BOX near our wall, which has been left open for more than a month now. There was a connection given by the EB folks which is through the door and hence the door cannot be closed. This leave the box completely exposed to rain and sun. The wires are all open and we can see sparks coming out of the box during the rain. Please see attached pictures of the same. Kindly do the needful at the earliest before any mishaps happens to...
                                    Dear Sir, In my house power is shut down, so I have raised the complaint around 2:45pm in the complaint book as well I went to EB office(Vellore, Sathuvachari) 3times, but the problem is not yet solved. So the complaint is about the EB line man his name is Kumaraswamy his contact number is [protected]. Also I have tried to reach him 3 times his number was reachable till 5pm, but now the number got switched off. Now we(senior citizens, kids,...