I am copying content from an email that I had sent to some people in TATA motors
as I got no response from the customer care department. But still till today nothing has been done.
With Reference to the discussion that we had today afternoon I am putting all my complaints against the dealer (U Motors Wagholi, Pune) & Tata motors
customer care below.
I hope you’ll take up this matter up with Tata Motors
1) I had booked and paid in full for my Tata Zest car in Dec 2014. The delivery was committed for 4th Jan’2015. It was never done and after quite a follow up with the dealer it was finally done on 21st Jan.
2) The sales man were not aware of the documents that were required for the registration and keep coming up with new documents that I need to give him for getting the car registered.
3) The initial welcome call was never done because of which every time I tried connecting to Tata Motors
customer care they refuse to log any complaint as my car details were not there.
4) Even the dealership people didn’t fill any details on the owner manual, warranty cards, battery warranty card. I had to go there again to get that all filled.
5) I was continuously following up with the team at U Motors about my registration and they said it is under process. One fine day I got to know that they have actually lost my documents and I have to give them a new set for processing. All this while the papers were not submitted and I was simply fooled in waiting for the registration number.
6) I then met there HR and complaint about my registration, that is when I came to know about missing papers. This meeting was held on 6th Feb. In spite of this meeting and repeated assurance by the HR as well as the owner of the dealership the registration process was not expedited. There executive came and collected the chassis no for my vehicle on 16th Feb 2015. I was surprised that they didn’t even had the chassis no of my vehicle.
7) Finally I got my registration plate on the night of 21st Feb. The car was simply standing in my parking from 21st Jan till 21st Feb as without the registration number I didn’t wanted to drove around.
8) Even when the registration was done they never provided me with the road tax papers. I had to go there and collect the same this happened on the next weekend probably on 28th Feb.
9) While collecting the road tax document I noticed that they have taken wrong insurance. First the model of my car was mentioned wrongly, secondly I was given comprehensive insurance instead of zero dep (Which I had opted during booking). This I had mentioned during car delivery also when the cover note was given to me. The sales executive corrected it manually and said the original policy will be zero dep only I need not worry. I have all the document to prove in case dealer disagrees with this.
10) I was now asked to take my car to the insurance S.B road office on 12th March where a new policy will be given and the old one will be cancelled. I waited there in afternoon sun for almost an hr as the dealer guys never reached on time. Once he came the insurance guys did something but the insurance cover note was not provided, they said it will be sent to the dealership tomorrow, that tomorrow hasn’t yet come.
11) Also the dealer guys told me you’ll get a refund of Rs 14716 from the insurance company as the old policy will be cancelled, so I have to give the dealer a cheque of the same amount. I had given the cheque to the dealer but still haven’t received any cheque from the insurance company. This process was supposedly completed in a day but a week has passed and it is still not done.
12) Till date I haven’t received the corrected insurance papers.
13) The details of extended warranty as well as gold AMC contract are still awaited from the dealer.
14) I have made 3 trips to the dealer ship to get the issues resolved. The distance from my home to dealership is 30 KM (to and fro). Who is responsible for the time and the money that I had spent??
15) I have made at least 100 if not more calls to the dealer personnel’s as well as customer care but issues aren’t closed till now. Again Who is responsible for the time and the money that I had spent??
1) Firstly your executive aren’t interested in resolving. Initially they kept on saying that my chasis number is not coming in search so they can’t take my complaint.
2) I had raised 4 complaints. Two of them I have the numbers 1-[protected], 1-[protected]
3) Initially when the car delivery was not done I made a complaint on 20th Jan. The executive enquired on 18th Feb almost after a month, I could only laugh and disconnected the call.
4) The complaint that I made were closed after they received feedback from the dealer. What I don’t understand was how can a complaint be closed till you have taken the feedback from the customer whether his problem is actually resolved or not. Funny part is they say you raise another complaint since the old complaint is already closed. There is no mechanism to reopen a complaint.
5) Twice I asked about escalating my complaint and I would like to talk to some senior executive or manager who can make a difference as the junior executive were saying only practiced sentences. Once they made me wait for about 4-5 minutes and said no senior executive is free. Second time I said I’ll wait for as long as you want then the call was transferred to a guy named Vishnu- that man was from another world instead of listening he was interested in making his own point. During another call the lady said Mr. Prafull will call me as he is not free now – that call never came.
6) They keep on transferring my call from one department to another department insurance, customer care, grievance. Finally the lady from grievance department gave me Mr. Matthews number who suggested to drop an email explaining my ordeal.
whom I have interacted with at U Motors:
1) Mr. Ranveer ( Owner)
2) Sheetal CRM
3) Shamina CRM
4) HR head
5) Feroze Sales manager
6) Anil Deshmukh sales executive
7) Tushar sales executive
8) Vinod Nemade
My Vehicle Details:
Chasis No:MAT6232 51ELP34536
Registration No: MH12 LP 8763
I might have probably forgotten some of the points but above description should be sufficient for you to initiate an internal inquiry against the dealer. I was warned by people about the dealership experience of tata motors
but I thought things will change with Zest as I read and heard repeated things about how TATA is working on to completely change this experience for their new Zest vehicle.
I am sorry but my experience has been going from bad to worse, I would definitely not be recommending any one to buy a TATA vehicle especially from U Motors. Requesting you to please copy me to whoever you are forwarding this complaint.
PS: I am really lucky as so far my experience of driving the car has been pretty good otherwise bad customer service & a bad car would have been a deadly combination.