Tata Sky
Tata Sky Ltd.

Tata Sky Customer Care

TwitterFacebookLinkedInYoutube
Unit 301 to 305, 3rd Floor, Windsor, Off C.S.T. Road, Kalina, Santacruz (East)
Mumbai City District

View More Information...

Good

Tata Sky Complaints & Reviews

New Delhi, Delhi
Making complaints on the customer helpline number of tatasky is of no use. It is always busy. Their website does not work properly and no tatal eaflet provides an email or postal address on which we can lodge complaints. Of course having the address may not help because the company may just ignore the complaint. But at least one will have th comfort of having told them that they should not try to fool people about channel and package pricing. Besides they should at least provide toll free numbers for recharging. Then they may advertise on it to their heart's content
I have been trying to get your right web sit to get information on recharging thri debit card for nearloy one hr.my system is in reactivation stage.I am not able to get first of all your basic informations. Your web sies are filled with question aqnd answers.thorougly waste. Try to provide essential and basic informations in simple terms Which should be accessible on the first click
My complaint has been raised since 31st march 2013 and is still pending...i have wasted abt 200 bucks in calling the customer service atleast 7-8 times but no resolution. Best part is that they hang up after every 5 mins so u got to call again and repeat the whole conversation again to another rep then they hang up again...im so frusterrated by their pathetic service...they are really inefficient and a complete waste of time and energy. Pls choose another DTH service i[censored] are planning to buy one...TATASKY only talks big...but does nothing to resolve technical problems.

Extremely dissatisfied with their service.

S
    Mumbai, Maharashtra
    I have been trying to connect the customer care for[protected]. No response from the phone.

Nothing is mentioned...

Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
    Set top box not receiving signal since 4 days. No ones come to check and Call centre gives the usual reply. They are not really bothered. However if you call for a new installation someone will appear within hours.!!
    hai,
    this is sashidharan tatasky dish holder in chennai. my previous address is 10/9a abiraami nagar main street, chennai 92. i have shifted my house bef 20 days in the same area called sanjay gandhi nagar, 2nd street, virugambakkam. they have installed for a new connection on the same day of occupaid. they have asked me for more 800 rs as instalation charge including wire charge. accidently the same day we met very bad fire accident at our house.luckyly we our family safely escaped. but all our good are burnt in fire. we had nothing with us.we have registered a complaint on the house owner other day. they have given f.i.r. copy. after a huge unlucky experiance. we have shifted our house in the same area addressed new number 50, akshaya apartment, first floor, kaliyamman koil street, west natesan nagar, virugambakkam, chennai 92. we had your connection for more than one and half year. so we need the tata sky connection again. we have lost the set top box in the fire. we are having the remote .my customer id is [protected]. so as a valuble costomer, how can we joined again as a customer. we are not in the position of giving you new deposite. so pls mail me and call me and tel the next step and consider our request. we request you to give a new connection without any deposite. call me and tell the detail, customer name -r.sashidharan. cell number-[protected], customer id [protected].
    r.sashidharan
    most hopless service centre no response for change in packages inspite of 100s of reqest on 60006633 or any of there call centre .they just misguide to their associte call centre number who in turt never respond to your reqest other than recharging packages .reqest persoson concered to improve services .othersie u may loose your reputation I.D.NO. [protected] RMN [protected]
    WO# 1-[protected] dated 09/04/20120at 12.40

Have 3 Tata Sky Desk top boxes connecting to one Dish Antenna installed on the roof of my building.I have had this connection for over 5 years.I had been advised by your technicians to have the cable connections from the Dish Antenna cleaned at intervals as during damp rainy seasons there is a sediment deposit formation resulting in
    intermittent transmission of fractions of a second. I had requested Tata Sky to do the needful previously and they had rectified the same to my great satisfaction.
    I have again started having the same problem recently and yesterday had complained regarding the same fault. I and was advised to check my DTH. When I explained to the person that this was the case with all 3 DTH & I wanted the connection points from my Dish to be serviced he assured me they will do the needful. I also warned him that the roof is out of bounds after sunset and they could send the technician any day before 6pm. Tata Sky installer Gopal Biswas arrived yesterday at 7.05pm without prior information and insisted that he will check only one DTH and refused to go to the roof. He did not allow me to write on his job sheet and left without doing a thing.
    I called the Help line .One person named Amit responded & hearing my complaint assured me his supervisor will call at once. Till 10.30am today no one has bothered. I got a message from Tata Sky at 8.01pm last night informing me that my work has been completed and the complaint has been closed.
    I seriously object to this high handed behaviour of the Company and as I have just renewed my contract with them in August by paying over 10,000.00 rupees for a year will like my problems sorted out at once. If not will like to get out of Tata Sky and chose another provider.
    You can address your complaint to tata sky’s official handle @tatasky. They will arrange for a technician to arrive as per your convenience. I once faced an issue where I paid for the package amount but my account was de-activated. I tweeted regarding this complaint and tata sky immediately responded to my tweet. All I had to do is submit my subscriber ID. The customer service team instantly gave a callback and my account was activated. I suggest you too should provide your subscriber ID either here or tweet regarding your issue with this complaint link. I am sure they will look into your matter and get your issue fixed immediately.

New Delhi, Delhi
      Poor response by customer care, no toll free no. Have to listen to ads when you call. Waste of customer's money as he waits interminably and listens to ads.Package prices juggled, same channels for extra charges.No account statement sent. Most customer care voices not audible.Many free channels not given. Customer does not get local news. Cable much cheaper. Mechanics take long to arrive. Minimum charges Rs 300.Not the kind of service one would expect from Tatas.
      [protected].
      not able to change package .why so? poor response dude
      DEAR SIR,

I AM A STAFF IN VIBGYOR TRADING CO.,

MY BOSS HAS PLACED A ORDER TATA SKY PLUS BY A CREDIT CARD PAYMENT. BUT I RECEIVED A COURIER ONLY ORDINARY DIGICOM BOX. I WANT TO REPLACE THIS DIGICOM BOX AND SEND TATASKY PLUS. I ALREADY INFORM IN TATA SKY TOLL FREE NO. BUT NO RESPONCE FROM ANYBODY. THEY ARE SAYING I AM RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS COMPLAINT AND I WILL RECTIFY BUT NO RESPONCE. BELOW OUR DETAILS.

ID NO : [protected]

COMPLAINT NO : 1-[protected]

REF NO : 1-[protected]

I TAKED WITH THESE PERSONS IN BSNL TOLL FREE NO.

MR. KAJAL CHAVIDRI & MR.MUNIR

PLEASE TAKE ANY RESPONSE TO RECTIFY THIS PROBLEM.

REGARDS,
      SAHAVUDEEN.

R
        Gurgaon, Haryana
        I paid Rs 3000/- through internet on 13th May for yearly subscription charges for which Tata sky never confirmed at their own either way of e mail or showing the payment status through TV set in your account information section. On my asking, it was confirmed to me that they have received the amount. Why they are not showing the annual subscription in my account information is best known to them???

On 15th June I talked to Tata sky executive on telephoned and enquired about receiving alert signals for payment reminder. She told me that the reminders for payment is for the gold pack only which my son subscribed earlier. The gold pack is available for Rs 30/- per month or Re 1/- per day in addition to the normal subscription. On that day a very less balance was showing in the account information section, hence I told the lady executive that this additional scheme will be automatically expired. She confirmed that the additional pack is available only till 15 and thereafter if we want to continue for the same than will have to deposit the amount. Right now I do not want this additional pack hence I didn’t recharge the amount.

To day the entire services have been stopped by them. I talked to their customer care unit then to Ms. Sanjali Malhotra and then to Shefali but all in vain. I tried to explain them that these are two separate packs and I requested them not to mix up these as one as these are not interlinked. But no body was ready to listen or think coprate with me and told me to deposit further Rs. 200/- then only they can start the services. I am highly disappointed with the type of servicers given to me and very specially the way of explaining /tackling the things to their customers by your executives and specially Ms Shefali.

I never want any credit facility from them then how my account is showing negative balance?? I am a chartered accountant with more than 20 years but failed to understand your logic for deactivating my total TV programmers in spite of I paid the one year rent in advance.

I never expect such services specially from the Tata's. I am very disappointed with total handling of the issue. It is a sort of black mailing by Tata sky with customs. I have no option except to deposit the Rs. 200/- under protest but I will fight for my right through internet and will logged complaints with different forums.

Dear Sir/ Madam,

I want to raise my voice against extremely poor service of Tatasky.

My Tatasky connection is down from 9th June. We raised the ticket on 10th June (SR[protected], 11th June (SR[protected] and 12th June to let Tatasky know that I am not able to view their service at all.

Today is 15th June & still stuggling to see a resolution.

Also they have distributed services to many more people than they can handle. Due to their inadequate infrastructure, I am not able to go through their helpline line[protected] even after being on hold for more than 10 minutes on multiple occasision. I am sure this can be shown by their call hanged records.

This is a live example of the most poor service I have ever received.

Tatasky is proving a slur for the reputation of Tata group of companies.

TataSky — ACCOUNTS; 1001227931

WE HAD COMPLAINED LAST WEEK THAT WE HAD DEPOSITED RS 5000/= FEW MONTHS BACK AND AS PER THEN POLICY WE WERE TO GER A BONUS OF RS 500/=.

CURRENTLY WE ARE REPEATEDLY BEING BOTHERED ABOUT RECHARGING.

PLEASE FAVOUR US WITH OUR ACCOUNT DETAILS.

Mumbai, Maharashtra
            TataSky is surely a slur in the name of Tata's. One went in for this product as against DishTV only because of the Tata name but where has it landed the users.
            It appears that tatasky has gone in for restructured packaging only to make more money. Right now even on the site its not clear as to how much these addons cost in order to subscribe for them. Further, even after logging in into MyTataSky these packages are not listed in the subscribe page and so one cannot add them on to ur subscriptions.
            Calls to their call centre number are worse since after holding for quite some time one could not speak to anyone to get the clarifications. As such one had to give up on it.
            The whole thing is a mockery on subscribers since the bottom like is that they providers can change things at will and the consumer can do nothing.
            I wonder what the regulatory authority is doing on such issues.
            Praveen
            ihave make complain on 25-10-08 regarding the remote, but till today nobodyb attented me.
            Iam regular contact with your call centre. My id no. is [protected] and my complain no. is A[protected]

So please look intothe matter and send your tech. as early as possible.
            ihave make complain on[protected] regarding the remote, but till today nobodyb resolved my complaint.
            Iam regular contact with your call centre. My id no. is [protected] and my WO no. is 1-[protected] So please look intothe matter and send your tech. as early as possible.
            I agree with complainants as I also find it impossible to get through to customer care as I am kept on hold for long periods . further we have all the information for addons and special packages but no information is given or to be found for un subscribing the same.
            dear sir i want only south stater pakage ony, please added
            add my package supper hit pack manthaly Rs 125 onle
            change my package add supper hit pack manthaly Rs 125 onley id no [protected]
            DROP MY BASE PACK KIDS PLEASE...

D
              Gurgaon, Haryana
              not reciving the signal since last week. complained to tata sky helpline at[protected]. the technicians checked the set top box and digicomp twice, but they could not set it right. They insist on replacing the digicomp, but it is actually in working condition. You are requested to get the needful done immediately and save me from unwanted expenditure of replacing the digicomp. SHALL WAIT FOR YOUR PROMPT ACTION. CONTACT ME AT[protected] NAME D. S . Sidhu Subscriber ID [protected], DIGICOMP No[protected] DIGI Card no.[protected]

We have signal problem with DTH, complaint no is[protected] Dtd.19th June-08.

Still no responce.Can you do something in this matter.

Thanks in advance.

Prakash.

We have signal problem with DTH, complaint no is[protected] Dtd.19th June-08.

Still no responce.Can you do something in this matter.

Thanks in advance.

Prakash.
              Dear Sir
              I have taken package of sports channel but i have not reciving the none of the sport chanel and Zee TV , Sony TV and Imagine TV , Zee buisness chanel also reciving the mixing signal.
              kindly lodged the complaint and do earlier as possible.

U
                Mumbai, Maharashtra

I am a suscriber with TATA Sky, Sub ID [protected]. I have a free Subscription right now, They had disconnected some channels and asked for money, Though I had free subscription I have paid the money since I wanted to watch some live sports. They connected the channels and paid back the money into my account apologising for their mistake, again thesechannels are missing.

To make a complaint you
                have to make an STD call and wait for at least 10-15 minutes for thie associate to answer you. I have mailed them, Though the auto response mail says I will be answered in 48 hours, No body has bothered to answer me for more than a week. I have also complained on phone, Complaint no. 1-[protected]. They assured me some one will call me with in 24 hours, It is 2 days now and nobody has called me.

I am not intrested in their service anymore but they can't take me for granted by taking my money and not giving me promised service. I don't want oters to suffer the same way so Plz suggest what i need to Do?

S
                  Mumbai, Maharashtra
                  my ID is-[protected].I paid cash Rs 2500/-(Rs. two thousand five hundred only)to KIRTI RADIO AND TELEVISION CENTRE, THANE -W
                  TELE PH[protected]/25432453 on 3 june 2008 vide their receipt no. 37894

Your mechanic came to my house and gave TATASKY connection on 7 JUNE.
                  According to Mr.Sagar-the mechanic we have recharged Rs 300/-
                  but still i'm getting many sms and calls to pay the installation charges otherwise my cable connection will be discontinued from today midnight i.e 9 JUNE 2008

PLEASE SUGGEST ME MY RESPONSIBILITIES

MOB NO.-[protected] RES[protected]
                  I am Mr. Sanjay Vitthal Wadaskar, My Custemer ID Number is [protected] . any excutive call to my home. & then he activate to new pcakage but i have no dont activate Package . I have only Dhamal Mix Package.
                  So, Please Deactivate to Package.

Kolkata, West Bengal
                    I have been trying to contact the helpline.. my id [protected]. tatasky connection is not working. I am in Press and will hit the TV channels by Friday if dont get the response. Pls ask the company technical person to contact asap
                    how to change the base package? i want to change my base pack from super saver to family...
                    Bad Services and Help line numbers are not working
                    Now we think why we had chosed this we should have had another option
                    dear sir,
                    i am not satisfide with your service. your help line is busy for ever. i can not understand your monthly rantl plans. so i have to decided to discontinew the tata sky after some day.
                    i am waiting your fevourable replay if you are realy interested to resolve the problame.
                    tatasky channels are not functioning. tv screen displaying 'No Signal. please check and clear it.

V. Negi
                    TATASky Cheating and misleading its subscribers http://www.simplymalayalees.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=491
                    my tatasky info id is my card no[protected] please my id is replay my gmail [protected]@gmail.com please replay thank you

U
                      Hyderabad, Telangana
                      Tata sky has strategically started playing with subscription packs that mislead customers. they started selling base packs all or pre-defined channels earlier. now they are stripping selective channels from the base packs into Gold packs like Sports Gold, Lifestyle Gold etc. at separate prises in addition to the price of base packs. this type of gimmick is negatively impacting customer's faith in expecting fair service offering from tatasky in future. if this continues, i would prefer going back to the cable operator..I will be forced to take help of media so that no other consumer will get deceived by tata products .in future
                      after much effort to resolve the tatasky problem, one person contacted by phone for rectifying the problem; eventhough it was mentioned as free service, he is demanding rs;150/ as visiting charges; otherwise i don't know how for i have to wait to get a real free service to rectify the problem.
                      t thangaraju; erode

M
                        My TATASKY customer ID: [protected]
                        Yesterday I have purchaed a Recharge Voucher for Rs.300 from a shope in Chennai India and after scrating the PIN, I sent sms through my Registered Mobile Number to 56633. Insteed of credit reply, I got the follwing msg:
                        " THE RECHARGE PI YOU HAVE ENTERED HAS ALREADY BEEN USED. CALL OUR HELP LINE".
                        I called the help line(almost all the line) provided by TATASKY but no operater is anwered.
                        yesterday is the last day for renewal the subscription(06.06.2008). I have my doubt that any FAKE RECHARGE VOUCHERS IS ONE THE RUN ACROSS THE COUNTRY? IF SO, WE, AS A CITIZEN DO NOT KNOW WHERE TO BY A GENUIN RC VOUCHER... Kindly bring this to incident to top officials of tatasky. Ofcourse they be helpful in this problem. I have a receipt of RC voucher purchased from the shop in chennai. KINDLY HELP TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM.
                        Venu
                        You suck at life! Heathen!
                        tatasky lost id is [protected]
                        Validity period of Tata Sky ID [protected] not showing
                        I am getting error Message " Please insert DIGICARD or Customer care for help" I called to customer support, I did as they instruct me to do but it didn't work then my phone got disconnected . Now it's over 10 days i am not getting any channels.

Tata Sky — Not getting Bonus Voucher for Recharge

I have purchased Tata Sky three month back at that time they are giving me promise to give Rs.99 recharge voucher free for 10 months and they charged me Rs.2, 100, but still I have not received same. In retain shop the price is Rs.1, 500.

Tiruchirappalli, Tamil Nadu
                          The customer care from Tata Sky is worst. It took 16 minutes to register a change in packages.

The executives dont even know what packages they have and what to do further with the needs of the clients.

Also website is damn slow, even to recharge the account.

To the management of Tata Sky. If you want loyal customers to stick with you, kindly improve the efficiency of your website and customer care, else witness your downward curve.
                          The website is damn slow...

Its pretty clear that this has nothing to do with my internet connection, other websites loads well at the same point of time, but tatasky website... yukk, takes almost 10-15 minutes to get the glimpse of the website. Not to mention I have a 2 MBps connection.
                          I have Tata sky connection since last three years.
                          My details is given here under
                          ID [protected]
                          sector 15, House no 1947,
                          Panchkula, Haryana

I have got transfered from Gandhidham, Gujarat. and got installed the Digicom by your authorized person and payed for the installation for the same and within two months i made a complain for the signal problem as it starts raining i have re complained against the complain no I[protected] on Dated 30/6/2009 that my signal quality was not so good to give the proper signal to operate the Digicom but the Engineer was send on 1/7/2009 before that i told clearly that i will not make the payment for the installation as this is the case of improper installation. at your end as the signal clarity was low at the time of installation it was around 20 ~ 25 on the screen when when checked the signal quality in signal testing system setting.
                          As i am from the electronics field and i am working in field of PCB manufacturing from last 18 years.
                          Please clarify the matter of charging double installation charges for one installation as the installation was not done properly and for rectifying the same i was charged two times and which was debited from my recharge directly without my consent which is wrong and should be refund immediately
                          My registered mobile no is [protected].

Hemant

Noida, Uttar Pradesh
                            I wish to lodge a complaint against tatasky. In January 2007, I purchased the subscription at Rs. 400 per month (for two set top boxes). The subscription included All sports channels including (Neo Sports, ESPN, Neo Sports Plus, Star Sports etc.). Now, after an year and a half, they have started two new add-on packages Sports Gold and Sports Platinum for which I need to pay effectively Rs. 45 extra. What tatasky is doing is charging more for same base channels, thus looting the public. Morover, for every new channel they are charging extra, which is not what they guaranteed when they first started the service. I request a consumer organisation to intervene and take necessary steps against Tata Sky.
                            Dear sir/ medam mera id no [protected] hai mai pahle 301 rs ka recharge karata tha magar kuch channel active kare ke baad paisa jayada lagney laga aor mai itna nahi de paunga is liye mera active channel hata kar mera purana skim hi chala de pls
                            sir aor ho sake to phone no vhi change kar de [protected]
                            kewal english mai mess dene walo ki suni jati hai ya hindi aor garib aadmi ki vhi sunwai hoti hai . tata sky par

K
                              Chennai, Tamil Nadu
                              This week (1st June 2008) I came to know that tatasky has revised their packages and I wanted to change to a lower package...
                              Mumbai, Maharashtra
                              TATA Sky dropped abruptly DD Podhigai free to air channel recently. Complaints to help line is useless. I wanted to escalate...
                              We have taken the TATA sky last year and from then later on some new channels that has been announanced are not available...

Mumbai, Maharashtra
                              I have been using Tata Sky service for more than a year now and my current subscription that was taken more than 5 months back gets over on 1st July 2008. Am subscribed to the South Jumbo Pack @ Rs.350/- per month and the same expires on 1st July 2008. Under this plan am entitled to receive all the channels including ESPN and Star Sports. However now the company has removed the above channels and some more channels alongwith this stating that the plans have changed and i have to pay additional money for subscriptions of the said channels and even after sending the SMS for subscriptions the company has sent an SMS stating they are unable to complete the request and repeated call to the call centres are going unanswered.

This tantamounts to breach of contract and also abuse of consumer given the captive nature of the service. The channels have been withdrawn just before the Euro 2008 tournament intentionally to make ESPN and Star suffer the most irrespective of the duress caused to the customer.

Request that the Forum to direct TataSky to restore ESPN Star channels as per the contract entered into while subscribing to the said plan that is still active and also ensure that the company doesnot abuse and take advantage of the captive nature of the contract.

TATA SKY DTH SERVICE — LOUSY CUSTOMER CARE SERVICE

Tata Sky has become a service provider where helplines remain always busy and if somehow gets the line free after keep on trying for several hours, he/she can only listen recorded voice messages and nobody picks up the phone. Its a wastage of time and money.

Tata Sky DTH Service — unsatisfactory service and bad equipment

I subscribed to tata sky on 14th july 2008.initially it was working fine but on evening of 9th august 2008 i stopped receiving the signal.when i called the customer care they said it is because of the heavy rains and unfortunately the rains continued for 36+ hours continuously.Finally an engineer came to my place two days after i had registered the complaint.he changed the digicomp but still no signal!! So finally he told that there is a problem with the DigiCard and it has to be changed and for that they need two more days as the digicard is generated through a machine and that machine was not available with them in hyderabad, it was in bangalore!!! The problem was finally solved but it them 6 days to do it.
                              Now today, on 28 August, as soon as it started raining again the same message on the screen "NO SIGNAL"!!!
                              Again i have to go through the same long procedure.
                              i AM FED OF THIS TATA SKY!! I SIMPLY WANT MY MONEY BACK!!

Tata Sky — restore tata sky

I HAVE RECHARGED MY TATA SKY UNDER ID NO [protected] AT 15:10PM ON 1-02-09 THROUGH INTERNET BUT THE SERVICE HAD NOT YET BEEN RESORTED SO KINDLY RESTORE MY SERVICES AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
                              THANKINGYOU

TATA SKY DTH SERVICE — Response to calls

Hi, I recently shifted from Hyderabad to Gurgaon, I was trying to their helpline numbers for more than a week to get the service re-installation, but the calls are attended only by the recorded messages, stating the call will be transfered to the associate but never it is answered by the associates, only music is heard. I lodged even a service query (Query no. SR[protected] in their website, which is also closed even before the problem is resolved. Im facing a great inconvenience because of this. I don't know what is happening.
                              Regards, Priya
                              The re-installation should be undertaken by the technician of the old area or in case you have transported the hardware you can allot a new technician to visit the place to complete the installation. There must have been a technical error due to which the agent might have not received the call after the IVR. I have had good customer service experience with their representative they have made timely arrival in case a tech visit was required you too should try to connect with their helpdesk once again and they will be able to send a technician to your new location and get your hardware installed. you could use the query details as your reference number in that case they will be able to pull up the case history and that will also save your time on call. Or else, you could also allot a tech visit from your new area local dealer.

TATA SKY DTH SERVICE — REGISTERED DIGICOM WITH WRONG NAME

I PURCHASE 2 TATA SKY DIGICOM 1 FOR MY BEDROOM AND 1 FOR MY DRAWING ROOM I REQUIRED MULTIROOM FACILITY BETWEEN THESE BOTH CONNECTION HOWEVER AFTER SO MANY DAYS I WAS NOT GIVEN THE FASCILITY OF MULTIROOM FASCILITY AND MY SECOND DIGICOM WAS REGISTERED WITH SOME OTHER NAME I MANY TIME REQUESTED FOR CORRECTION OF MY NAME

TATA SKY DTH SERVICE — non functional after few minutes

the signal is not working properly as after few mins there is a display of ERROR 02 displaying non insertion of digital card properly and then there is no display of video.our subscriber id is[protected]

M
                                Chennai, Tamil Nadu
                                For the last 5 days I have been trying to speak to their customer service team however, everytime you select an option in...