I saw your campaign on TV to write directly to [protected]@tatasky
.com and I thought of giving it a try. Let me know if you are really serious about "Write Directly to CEO" campaign or it is just a marketing gimmick?
3 people in my company have switched from Tata Sky
to other service providers because of the way you are managing your customers. It might be a small number but it does tell a story if customer matters to Tatasky
I have 3 Tatasky
connection - One at my home and 2 for my parents and grand parents. Seeing your treatment, I am also planning to switch to other service providers. Of course the only reason I am giving a second thought is because of the set top box cost involved in switching.
I thought of shooting my grievance directly to your CEO and check his response before I make final decision and also warn all my friends who have been thinking about getting a Tatasky
for their home.
Here's my list…..
1. The cost of the same package keeps increasing every year without any new value being added to that package. How do you justify that?
2. The new channels are ALWAYS paid channels in Tatasky
while it is free in other service providers. Whenever a new channel is available, you always bundle 3-4 channels for Rs 45 per month while it remains free in other service providers schemes. What happened to your CEOs message "To be Competitive and Best DTH Service Provider in India" pledge?
3. You keep sending promotional SMSes without our permission and in spite of my number being in Do Not Disturb Registry. Is that not a breach of privacy?
4. Your site is always over loaded and your call center folks encourage everyone to pay over phone. How do you justify your increase in charges when you cant even keep your site up and running.
5. "Setup box is sold to the customer and belongs to the customer." That’s what your call center folks say when someone wants to return the set top box or complains about set top box. If that's the case, how can you update the software without the permission of the user? Moreover, you update the software to have more space for your promotions and during channel switch.
6. We are paying for the service so that we can watch channel and not your Ads. With new software update, every channel switch takes 30% of screen space to show your Ads. How can you start showing Ads without our permission?
7. With this software update, it takes 2 clicks to go to a channel. First click will show the channel in a small box with your promotional material beside it. Only on second click, it shows the channel full screen. That’s called keeping Customer's Interest ahead of anything else….
even make a frame around the screen and show the ad while watching channels like Discovery, Nat Geo etc. "Wow! I always wanted to pay Tatasky
to usurp my screen space so that I can watch their Ads and pay them as well."
9. As if we are not yet fed up, an yellow message alerts keeps showing at the top of the screen indicating some serious notifications from your side. Clicking on it tells you to "Subscribe to Learn English" promotions. You definitely know what is caring for customer.
Don’t you think it should not show any promotional material apart from the account information without our permission?
10. My phone number is registered with NATIONAL DO NOT DISTURB registry. In spite of that Tatasky
folks don’t hesitate to give you a call to sell their Tata Sky
Plus. When you tell them that your number is "DO NOT DISTURB" Registry, they will say sorry and disconnect only to give you another call the very next day for Tata Sky
Plus. And this goes on….
I never knew DND Registry was for everyone EXCEPT Tatasky
Now it’s your CEOs turn to address issues rather than choosing to start some other marketing gimmick somewhere else.
TataSky — NEVER BUYBought tata sky in SEPTEMBER 2007 with the scheme of 6months free for Rs.4000. Thinking that all the channel will be available. After that Tatasky started reducing the no. of channels by putting tem into packages like lifestyle silver life style gold, sports package etc.for this you have to pay more (appx. 40-50rs per package)This is making fool out of people. Buy reducing their price to Rs.260/ they have infact increased the price.For example.. If I opt for Super saver pack it would cost me Rs.260. without the channels which are in lifestyle silver and life style gold and sport gold pack. Now if I want to see all the channel I have to pay Rs.30 per package that make another 90Rs for all 3 packages so the total comes to RS260+90=350per month.And all the packages have some important channels like lifestyle silver has BBC in it. And what about the people who bought tatasky under diff. scheme. Like I bought it under 6months free. Tata sky is chor The suck. I am getting it removed Secondly there is a lag in tatasky. And also some stupid numbers keep on apprearing right in the middle of the screen.