UniverCell Telecommunications

Kerala

Mobile:
Mobile:

Awesome

UniverCell Telecommunications related photos (29)

Complaints with pictures are more trusted and informative    View all

UniverCell Telecommunications Complaints & Reviews

suganya
An insurance claim was filed when my cellphone was stolen, but the insurance company sent it back and had a number to call if i had any questions. when i did call the person who answered the call was arrogant, abusive. Univercell promotes that insurance in its web site itself.
The salesperson talks to you like that is the best insurance you can buy but it is not it is a scam, i dont think anyone will be able to get back any money from that insurance.
DO NOT BUY THE INSURANCE FROM ALEGION sold by univercell for theft and damage of cellphones.
Yes what suganya says is right. 2 weeks back my cousin lost his mobile in auto.Its a normal auto where people go in share. We have registerd a police complaint and given for claim. But they rejected it. When we called and asked for the justification they say if we loose our mobile in crowded places, only then can accept it. IN normal auto only 3 or 4 members are there if we loose there then its a negligence. Its complete dump company. Never belive this INS companies. we should black list them. Kindly dont waste the money for this stupid isurance.
Guys its bad, even none of ther contact no works, not even any mail ID all mails bounce back, its a fake service only to attract money from customers...you can try sending mails to them, it will bounce back.
Completely agree with you, Univercell and the Oriental Insurance company Ltd/ Univercell/ Alegion Insurance Broking Ltd company are fraud!!My sincere request to all, never buy handsets from univercell!!
i got my mob insurance about 45% of original value.
i got my mob theft-ed after months of purchase.
i will attach some files which might help u..

i attached files before but they are not displayed. its retry

I totally agree with what you are saying as im facing the same issue now.
Univercell and the Oriental Insurance company Ltd/ Univercell/ Alegion Insurance Broking Ltd company are completely fraud and is total CRAP.

Case:
My brother's Lumia 720 mobile got damaged in an accident just one week from the date of purchase. Mobile screen got completely damaged and touch sensors are not woking partially. Back Cover of the mobile has got a mild dent.
Wen i claim insurance for this damage they frankly refuse saying that this will not be covered as this comes under partial damage. Only total damage will be covered in case of accident.
Moreover they ask for unreaslistic documents such as FIR from police for accident in bike due to skidding.
How will the police give a FIR for bike skid?
How can reject a claim for which the estimate is around Rs. 9500 which is more than half of the price of the mobile stating that it is partial damage?

BOth Univercell and the Insurance are washing away thier hands wen the customers are caught in these kind o[censored]nfortunate situations.
The response & service which im recieveing from Univercell & the Insurance is WORST...
These people are total FRAUD...

DON’T BUY MOBILE FROM UNIVERCELL.!!! A PAIN more than a CAUTION,
Complaint comments  Add a comment

UniverCell — received the insurance amount but not shown in bill [Resolved]

kagitha venkata suryanarayana murthy
    The 18/10/09 i am purchased a nokia mobile model 5030 in univercell show room at BHIMAVARAM
    W.G.DT, A.P.
    ...

sirajuddin
    From: "siraj_10 ." <[protected]@sify.com>
    To: [protected]@univercell.in
    Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 22:30:51 +0530
    Subject:
    Hai I wish to complain abt the sales person working at valasaravakam
    branch Chennai called kumar or ashwin I have purchased a moto zn 300
    from univercell valasaravakam branch where kumar told me there are
    some gifts purchasing a mobile when the billing has been finished I
    ask for gifts he said no and given a entirely diffirent story that if
    I go for insurance then only gift will be given I ask him is it any
    compeltion for insurance if I buy mobile from univercell he said yes
    and denied me the gift iam realy feel bad abt this I never expect this
    from a reputed mobile show room so please get you in to this and clear
    my issues expecting your earliest reply.

I have given invoice no and bill amount and date of sale

UTN:1496652 customer name sirajuddin amount billed 7450 model MOTO ZN 300
    Invoice date[protected]
    i am santhosh i bought a mobile in univercell before three months but that is not working today. i want it to be replaced by some other mobile or to return my money back. model: videocon V1301, purchased on: 0742010, mobile cost:2250, customer name: santhosh p.s. the problems in that mobile are: if i insert both Sims it is showing invalid Sim. and it is automatically gets switch off..

Srinivasa raju

I have bought Nokia 7610 Supernova In UnverCell, where they are offering Insurance to Mobile with Extra Charge on the Total price of the Mobile. Thye said this is valid for 1 year.. and next year onwards we can renew it. They said that If I Lost its a simple proceudre to claim. After 8 months I lost My mobile during a Journey.

Now After going to UniverCell Now they are asking for FIR Copy and after one month of that registered complaint they want a Non traceable report from Police that its not found and traceable. Then after with in 50 days they will disburse the amount.

But After Going round and round in police stations.. they clearly said that they have stopped takeing FIR compalints on Mobile Lost cases. They also said the number of compalints are high in this Mobile Lost cases, they cant entertain because its a rule forthem to close the case after taking FIR. And they also said Bychance if we lodge FIR also we cant give Non traceable Report to you.

Univercell Is very clever in his marketing as they very well knew about the procedure and they are simply gaining money from all the customers by making or showing this offer.

Please help..
      And to consumenrs.. please neve trap into mobile insurances which you can nevre get.
      i fully agree with this.
      i am also a victim
      even I the victim...

I have the same experience with this ALEgION Insurance Service, they are not givivng proper respose to me .where can I file a complaint against them.so many times i have sent proper documents again and again they call me and say this is not proper.they dnt give proper response and the mobile I purchased was from Univercell.
      I claimed mobile insurance to this ALEgION Insurance Service
      Limited., company . But Till now nobody didn't give proper response.please help me.,
      I need suggestion from anyone i[censored] can...hw can i file a complaint against them and who can take proper action .
      I have Bought Sony F305 mobile on Jan 09 at univercell mobile shop. While i bought mobile i have paid for insurance amount also with one gurantee theft & Damage.
      I have lost the mobile at july 09. And i asked the retailer they told produce the FIR documents etc. And i have submitted all those things on DEC 09. till there is no response fron your side. This is not correct way to treat the customer . i am very much disappointed from your response. Kindly do the needfull in this regards.
      I have Bought Soninsurance amount also with one gurantee theft & Damageyericsion s312 in universal store.my cell is sliped into a water tub . the cell is not restart. and fully damage.if there is a chance to refund my amount [protected]@yahoo.com
      Yess its fake dont go for univercell ataal...plzz n dont fall pray to that insurance service
      Anybody who wants any information regarding insurance not being paid by any insurance company please log into this website:- http://www.gbic.co.in/faq.html. Your queries can be resolved.

Leo Thomas
        Hi Customers,

The truth: Univercell buys outdated, refurbrished products from the manufacturers.

This is the reason why most of the mobile phones/accessories bought from UniverCell have problems or require servicing regularly.

The fact that UniverCell sells the refurbrished goods to its customers is kept in dark.

For those who donot know what is Refurbrished product:

When a customer returns the faulty product to the service center and if the service center is unable to repair it they send the faulty unit to the main manufacturing unit and give the customer a new replacement (if the unit is with in the warranty period).

The faulty unit is then refurbrished at the main manufacturing unit and sold at a very cheap price (usually 10 - 20 % of the original price).

Univercell buys these products, removes the "Refurbrished" tag that comes on the package and sells it at the regular price.

Thank you for telling what kind of products are sold at univercell.

Now I understand why my Sony Ericsson mobile stopped working with in a month after purchase.
        And surprisingly my girl friends mobile always has display problems on the screen.

No wonder both of these mobiles are brought from UniverCell.

Ravi.

Sudhakar
          "You are cheated by Univercell, not me..." these are the words uttered by the representative at Kukatpally (KPHB) showroom today i.e. 09/09/09.

I dont feel any different, I too feel I'm cheated.

As per the news paper advertisement on 22-Aug-09, The buyer gets a free "SONY ERICSSON" bluetooth headset with every purchase of Sony Ericsson K330 phone.

As there were no bluetooth headsets available, they promised me the same with in 3 days from 22nd of Aug 09. I trusted them and bought the phone on same day i.e. on 22-Aug-09, but they failed to give me headset in promised time.

Today i.e. on 09-Aug-09 they called me and said that I can collect the bluetooth headset in the Univercell store, but to my shock they gave me a bluetooth head set that has no brand specified on it and Mr. Vijay Kumar B (who told me that he is the manager) said "I CANT HELP YOU" and when I insisted to get a phone number or email address to complain, he said ""You are cheated by Univercell, not me..."

Its really sad to see such reluctant people around in the store.. its time you wake up and stop falling for such cheap offers.

"Customers make Customers"

Attached are the pics of "UNBRANDED" bluetoothe headset they gave me...

cheated me with a unbranded bluetooth.
          cheated me with a unbranded bluetooth.
          We read your feedback.Please call[protected] for resolving the problem or send your contact details to [protected]@univercell.in

Victor Suresh

sdfs
            I had bought a mobile from Univercell mobile showroom, Ameerpet, Hyderabad. on 6th Aug 2009. Once I've opened the seal after I bought the mobile, its losing network signal for every 2 min and the USB slot is also not working. However it was their problem the manager of Ameerpet, Hyderabad showroom talking vulgarly.

I had given it in the showroom for service and they told me to collect the mobile the next day but when i went to collect the mobile they are talking very rudly and come on the next day. It happened 5 times. This is ridiculous. How can this happen immediately after purchasing this mobile. Also, the MANAGER in the showroom (AMEERPET, HYDERABAD) is using vulgur words, not bothered about the customers, and dont know how to respond or react to customers. He is literally DUMB.

I need an immediate solution. I dont want the mobile which has so many problems. I doubt if you are actually selling real genuine MOTOROLA handsets. I need a replacement immediately. NO EXCUSES ON THIS. I SHALL ESCALATE THE ISSUE FURTHER AND SUE THE COMPANY FOR THIS IF I DONT GET A REPLACEMENT.
            Hi...
            I totally agree with the bad customer care/support of ameerpet Univercell. I moved to Hyderabad from Chennai. I wanted a new connection and approached Univercell...they told me that my rent agreement which is a legal document (100 Rs Stamp Paper) was not acceptable as an address proof. He even suggested me that i can take a phone in the name of a friend...i tried to explain to him that i need the billing connection in my name to have the amount reimbursed by the company. He said he cannot help and literally threw my documents out of the table...i had to pick it up from the floor...the secunderabad Univercell (paradise corner) is just the same...just that they didnt throw the document...
            the people always try to say the features of the shop, but when they come across the problem they would know the real service from the shopkeeper, the customer know they are responding
            you should have battered the branch manager...

c_muthuk
              Hai Readers,

This is muthukumar from chennai. I bought Nokia 3110C in univercell on October 5th of 2008. Obiviously, my mobile is in warranty. In january, I had a problem in my mobile that whenever I am plugging my Headset in the mobile, the device is not detecting by the mobile. I went to NokiaCare - TTK Road Alwarpet. They told me that they have no stock of that socket. So I was waiting for more than 10days then only they provide me the support. But When return the phone to me, I found some disturbance in the left speaker of Headset. They argue with me that the problem is with the Headset. I proved them with several other headsets then only they agree that the problem is with their service. It took me another 10Days to rectify the problem. When returnback the phone they are boldly telling that "THE BUZZER WILL NOT WORK IN THE PHONE". (I.e) My speaker will not work. ONLY I can speak through Headset. How brilliant they have rectified my first complaint. I was waiting mor than a month. They are telling that due to some Cheque Bounce issue, HO is not releasing the stock. See how perfect they are with their Customer's care. After 1.5 months, They got the stock and they provide me the support but after that the Sound in my phone is very low even with the maximum point. With in next 8 days, Now I have problem with the DISPLAY. So, Even after spending 3months, I am still not getting a perfect handset. Now they are telling that the Stock for Display device will come by this weekend.

whom so ever concen,

I Nagarjun took 2 docomo sim cards ([protected] & [protected]) from your Universal Store Ameerpet
              on 3/8/2009 and i have submitted my photographs and ID Proof my signature of caf form to your executive.
              The executive promised me that the sim will be activated with in 15 minutes even by the end of 48 hours the sim is still not activated,
              when i called land line number [protected], regarding activation i got irresponsible reply from your executives as soon as they
              get my name they placing phone aside, and i even called store manager on his mobile [protected] same thing was repeated,
              when i told him that i will complaint this matter to the higher officials some filthy language being used bye him.(mr sing).
              I have recorded the total conversation with the store manager in my mobile phone. this is for your kind information and please
              see that docomo sims get activated as early as possible.

Nagarjun.
              [protected].
              univercell nokia care is worst
              Manager victor is not cabale for that job. weast people

karthick
                I had brought Sony Ericsson k530i, and they mentioned that i have a offer TRAVELER BAG but they DON'T GIVE ME. Whwn I asked them they told that it was for the exchange offer. And later I had got a charging problem with it. They told that it was an physical problem and they CHARGED Rs.440 and they told me collect it after one week. I went and collected the mobile and by that day itself, THE SAME PROBLEM had again occured. I again went to the shop and told them about the problem but they had NOT RETURNED THE MOBILE TILL NOW, telling that ((((THEY CAN'T GET THE PARTS STILL NOW)))).

Place : KARAIKUDI (Near Five Lamps).
                I am reproducing the complaint letter sent to the MD Univercell. stil the problems are not solved.

I would like to brief my experience in your Parrys branch.

I have visited your Parry’s branch for buying a new mobile. My requirement was a mobile with GPRS and Qwerty model.

Your Executive Mr.Deva received me and suggested a mobile model Karbonn K10. Accepting his suggestion I bought the mobile. Date of purchase 08/03/2010. Bill No.p.pys/24948. Subsequently also I bought two more mobiles from the show room. Bill No. p.pys/25932, p.pys/ bill misplaced.

But, my last visit at the time of buying my 3rd phone was not satisfactory. Whenever I buy I used to get two Sims free. For the 3rd phone also I insisted for two Sims free. But the sales girl refused to give as free and collected Rs.110/- from me. She received various documents for issuing the SIM card had not submitted at all to the service provider. This resulted in deactivation of the sim by the service provider (phone numbers [protected], [protected]).

After one month time I found that the Karbonn K10 started giving trouble and also the colors started fading. Immediately I complained to Mr.Deva, he assured me of providing a stand by phone and agreed to collect my phone for repairs. Till date he had not done so. Even yesterday (16/06/2010) I went to your showroom after calling him over phone. But he was not available in the show room.

Once again I returned without solving the issues.

Regarding this I have already informed your customer service. They called me back and assured of solving the issue. But no body had bothered to solving the issue. All the phone numbers and addresses given in the karbonn service guide are false. I could not trace out the service station. So, I relied on your show room to get it repairs.

The problems now I am facing is :-
                1. the display screen is not clear.
                2. the keys colors faded.
                3. the joypad is not functioning properly.
                4. there is electric shock while using the phone when connected to the laptop or even the Charger.
                5. some times the phone turns off automatically.

My strong feeler is that the hand set which was sold to me could be a used one and not a crossed the quality check.

Please do the needful and avoid unpleasantness.

V.Arunagiri
                Advocate,
                69 Additional Law Chambers
                High Court Buildings, Chennai-600104.
                [protected]@yahoo.com

UniverCell — Cheating! [Resolved]

Nicolekidmn
                  Hi, i bought a new N72 nokia mobile from universal after 3months it say no net work coverage i had taken the Mobile to a nokia...

rash
                  Univercell is a company which has tieups with big mobile sellers for selling defective mobile phones. I bought a Sony Ericcson W350i from the CMH road branch o[censored]nivercell. Since then my mobile has been not working. I got it serviced from them three times but in vain. Finally I threw the mobile to the ownres face and left the place frustated.

They have little sense how to behave with the customer. My request to you is that please refrain from buying things from retailers like Univercell if you want to save yourself from immense pain.
                  I BOUGHT NOKIA 3600, mobile i used only four month with in that period.Keypad button is not working.so i given in same universcell for servicing.but they are no correct responded for me..no one is DOING there job they are chit chating there.. not giving response to customers..telling come next day and next days.Upto 8 days gone finally they telling. They are no facility to change.

We are works.I CANT EXPECT THIS BEHAVIOUR..WITH CUSTOMERS.
                  one more complait sir, recently i bought 7210supernova mobile..but memory card they are not giving micro SD card..they are selling outside..and they are giving only LEXAR low cheap card to customer and they making fool them..

take immediate action otherwise.. i will put this case to court
                  I have bought two cell phones from UNIVERCELL. A sony ericsson low end model in 2006 and a nokia N series model in 2007. the first time i visited univercel, they kept me waiting for atleast 20 minutes, till they took notice. i bought a cell phone anyway, the reason partly being that the store was almost fully crowded that day and they were busy.
                  i did not want to go to univercell the next time, remembering my previous experience but they were still one of the biggest outlets in my area(annangar west, chennai). and this time i made sure that it would not be crowded when i checked in and it wasnt. i have not been to any other mobile outlet since then, but trust me
                  the treatment could not have been any worse. even a road side hawker in T Nagar would have handled me better. all they want to do is sell u some mobile as quick as they want and send you away. they dont have time to listen to what you have to say or are always busy with something else which turns out to be more important. well i need to buy a mobile again. guess what, i am not going to that [censored]hole. their monopoly is over and we have got a lot of options. it is a pity i have not discovered this forum so far
                  I too had bitter experience with Universal Mobile store at Chennai, Anna Nagar. They staff are totally indifferent and do not care to explain you the features and price tag details in detail. The expect us to buy just like a cabbage from a vegetable shot with out much examination and quarries. I got disgusted and left the shop without buying and they did not feel for it. wonderful shop
                  I fully agree with the comments and complaints given by the various customers o[censored]niversal cell. I had also a bitter experience when I visited the branch at Porur Chennai 116. Before entering the shop they ask you what model you want you buy and rate at which you want you buy. They wont even allow you to have a look over the model and ask for the phone. They behave very rudely and while attending you they attend somebody. They refuse to open and show the model of the phone which we want to purchase. It is a bitter experience to me.

Srinivasan Venkitaraman
                    Dear Sir(s),

I am really ashamed of being a customer o[censored]nivercell for purchase of a very basic model of sony erricson K200i on Sep 02, 2008 from your retail outlet in Annanagar, Chennai, vide bill No.054 for Rs.2000/-. Actually I went to purchase a Nokia model, but I should say that you have got a very good sales person to convince the customer to take sony erricson instead of Nokia.

Immediately, within 4 / 5 days I had a problem in charging and when I checked with your outlet they have sent to sony erricson service centre (SESC) and got the news that the set itself had a problem and they have told me to take another one in the same model.

After nearly one month, the set on Oct. 26, 2008 went off and did not respond for any charging or switched on and especially at the time when we receive or call others for wishing on the occassion of Deepavali. When we went to your same outlet on[protected] they were informed due to sunday the SESC is on holiday and asked me to come of Tuesday (ie[protected]. When we gone on 28-10 we got the information that SESC is holiday on account of Deepavali. On Sunday itself when I checked with them whether SESC will declare holiday on tuesday becuase of Deepavali your outlet said a BIG NO. Once again your outlet has asked me to come today (ie[protected]. On enquiry with SESC, they have confirmed that the set is in problem and your outlet people say they need one week time to give a replacement since they will get a written communication from SESC only by then they will be able to give.

It is highly ridiculous, since the SESC has confirmed the set is in default means then what made you to not to give a replacement. We know that we will not be reimbursed with money instead we have already informed about taking a Nokia model and pay the diference, which is not acceptable by your people.

In the whole episode I have been contacting one Mr Balaji and Thilagavathy. More to that I have never been informed to any one about my handicap, which I dont like becuase of sympathy. Why I am saying this to you becuase when I have been treated like this just imagine the other people. I went to your retail outlet with my dad and wife two times since I am working in an organisation as DGM Finance I will not be able to dance to your tunes. Hence, I have sent my wife and dad yesterday and today to hear all your above mentioned stories.

Adding fuel to the fire I noticed some 10 to 15 people have come to your same outlet for replacement of mobiles. If this situation is continued then you may have to think of doing some other business. I am sorry to say this but when I say I would rather say in upfront.

I would request you to kindly look into the matter on top priority and sort it out immediately.

For the above mail sent on 29-10-08, I have received an automated reply after that no further action so far.

This is the way they handle customer.

Beware when you go for mobile purchase at UNIVERCELL

Thanks & Regards,

V. Srinivasan
                    Yes, I do agree. Univercell company is headed by a md and very business executives work there, at least at vijayawada.Please dooooooooooo not buy any thing from Univercell company of vijayawada of andhra pradesh

UniverCell — Poor Quality of Service [Resolved]

Prasad
                      I bought an Apple iPod 1GB on August 19th, I approached the Mambalam outlet (where I bought it) and stated that it is having...

Univercell / Mobile Phone — IRRESPONSIBLE - WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE [Resolved]

Prasidha
                      I had bought a mobile from Univercell mobile showroom, IMEI no.[protected] on 18th May 2008. However there was a software...

Varun Pahwa
                      Univercell claims to be the "ONLY MOBILE STORE TO HAVE 'ISO' STANDARDS" who also apparently claim to be "The first mobile retailer to provide Bill & warranty on every purchase".

But to raise curtains from the fact, UNIVERCELL is the worst place to buy phones from. I was told by Ms. Kanchana, In charge of the technical Dept, "I'm not your servant to have this done." Please note I was told this when I pressurized to have my phone which was being fixed for more than a month.

The showroom manager for Anna Nagar Mr.Mohan kept on giving me stories about the process in place, and also for the trouble he was going through to have my work done. He explained things to me as if I was being done a big favor.

As a result of what I went through I had no choice but to escalate the issue to some one responsible. I mailed the issue to Mr.Dipesh the Operations Manager and also the HR describing to them the behavior of the staff.

The reply to my mail by Mr.Dipesh was "This is really embarrassing, I will look into this personally" and that's it the case was closed by him by assigning the area manager to look into my case.

The area manager Mr.Balaji came into the scene with all the enthusiasm in the world, who called me and kept in touch with me for a couple of days promising to put things in place, and then came the actual character of the Univercell employees. He refused to answer my calls, and when I called him from my work phone he always promised to call me back in 5min and as he was a univercell employee the promised was expected to be under delivered.

Please bear in mind that by this time it was 2 months for me to solve a simple problem, which happened to be a MANUFACTURE DEFECT in the phone. Univercell made 3 unsucessfull attempts to fix my phone. Later i was promised a new phone and then i was told that i will be recieveing a new phone in some old pannel. Made no sence to me though...

Later when I went back to Mr.Mohan I was told "PLEASE DON'T ASK ME ANY THING, ASK MR.BALAJI ONLY, BECAUSE OF YOU I'VE BEEN GIVEN A MEMO." Again I was put at fault.

Frankly speaking, it was all my fault.
                      i. My fault that I brought a phone from them
                      ii. My fault that I was very patiently making a fool of my self.

I believe its high time Mr.D.Sathish Babu (FOUNDER,UniverCell Telecommunications) come to know the attitude of the front end.

And for all you people out there, IF YOU WANT TO BUY HEADACHE FOR A HEAVY PRICE, UNIVERCELL IS THE PLACE TO BE.

I SPENT Rs.11,500 AND WAS WORTHWHILE.
                      I endorse the complaint given by VARUN