Airtel Complaints & Reviews

2.2
Last updated Jul 3, 2022

File a complaint to Airtel

Having problems with Airtel?

File a complaint and get it resolved by Airtel customer care. It’s quick effective and absolutely free!

Airtel

Toll free
1800 103 4444

View more phone numbers

Airtel reviews & complaints page 1166

This complaint is regarding my prepaid mobile number [protected].

I upgraded my old sim for this number to a new 4g sim from an airtel retailer on 24/06/2017. The new sim no. Is[protected]u.

The old sim has been deactivated but the new sim has not been activated yet even though more than 24 hours have passed.

Please activate the new sim immediately. My talktime and internet balances are going to expire soon which i am not able to use.

The number is tied to bank accounts which means i am missing out on important notifications.

Please resolve the issue immediately.

Anubhav. Contact: [protected] / [protected]@gmail.com.

We would like to confirm that we have shared the resolution details with you.

Should you require further information, please feel free to write to us at [protected]@in.airtel.com

bhartiairtel ltd

Connect with us 24X7. We will be happy to assist you with a swift resolution to your queries on all our products and services

Facebook - www.facebook.com/bhartiairtelltd

I wnet to airtel stores in paradise circle, secunderabad on june 20, 2017 for aadhar link. I was told by your mr. Rajan to convert my sim to local hyderabad sim as my sim is gujarat state (Bharuch, purchased in december 2015. I paid him rs.25 for local hyderabad sim. He gave local sim to be activated after getting message. I got message on june 24, 2017. I inserted local sim on june 25, 2017 and called airtel using 59059. Lady said to know my balance to switch off afetr 15 minutes and check balance. When i checked balance it showed balance:0. With gujarat sim there was balance about rs.25 (Rs.24. Paise). Senior citizen i do not remember paise.
    Please look into this. If sim is changed to local balance gets deducted. Please look into this and adjust balance as i am a retired person, senior citizen. Please reply me. My email id:[protected]@gmail.com and my mobile no.[protected].
    Jonathan reginald voola

Facebook - www.facebook.com/bhartiairtelltd

From last 4 months i have been complaining but nobody took any necessary action in our area. We are complaing to your toll free number and every time the staff was telling that they could not find a space to build a new tower. Your old tower has been sealed in our area.
      We have space to fix a new tower in our building.
      Please contact us on [protected]

Address - 8073 kharia street roshnara road, delhi-110007
      Email id - [protected]@gmail.com

Facebook - www.facebook.com/bhartiairtelltd

Airtel company executives are just liars they even dont know what is writtwe on their screen
        Airtel deduct 45 rupees just for dialling abroad
        I am a regular customer of airgtel and recharging even higher too if my money is not safe how can i trust on company
        If they didn't return my money i will port my no. Into another company

Myself karthik, airtel mobile number [protected], i have moved to saudi for a project and i didn't use my number for a months time. After i recognize that, it was too late they deactivated the number. It was deactivated on 7 jun 2017, i went back to them around 10jun. I have send lots of mails to [protected]@airtel.com. But the response which i got is they require my presence in their store to activate my number, which is impossible i can't book ticket to india to get my sim active.
          I have asked to provide better solution, but till date they repeat the same lines. I am completely fed up with this, i am need of that number. Request any one to help in this regards.

Updated by Karthik Krishnamurthy
          Contact my international mobile number +[protected]
          Other local contact- [protected]( father)
          Jun 26, 2017

This is with reference to your post, dated 25 June 2017 .

We would like to acknowledge that we are working to address your concern as soon as possible.

We will connect with you to get additional details, if required, to resolve the concern effectively.

This is with reference to your post dated 25 June 2017 .

We tried calling you multiple times to get additional details to enable us to address your concern.
          However, there was no response.
          We will appreciate if you could share your alternate contact details and convenient time to call for resolving your concern effectively.

This is with reference to your post dated 25 June 2017.

We were waiting to receive your contact details to enable us to address your concern.

Since we have not heard back from you, we trust your issue has been resolved.

If you require further information / assistance, please write to us at [protected]@in.airtel.com

Hi Rakesh,
          As informed earlier my airtel number [protected] is deactivated and issue is not resolved.
          Iam in middle east and you cannot contact me in my number, please do contact my father's number [protected].
          He will help you to provide more details abt the issue.
          Please help to resolve this issue. I require that number which is very important.

Updated by Karthik Krishnamurthy
          I understand from my father, he have not received any calls till now regarding the above complaint. Please do provide better solution for this problem.

[protected](father)

I'm Airtel customer for last 12 years but recently for last 15 days finding very weak network at Pandua, Sekhpukur. previously it was well now a days 3G services is also very slow. Many of the times call drop is happening. If this continues many customer will then port to vodafone or Idea as here their services are good.

My complaint dates back to 15 june'2017 when i first logged my complaint with airtel customer care for seeking refund of a failed transaction worth rs 2998, international roaming recharge. I had made 2 attempts of recharging, as the first attempt failed while the second succeeded. But despite failed transaction at airtel server in the airtel mobile application, which did not reflect in the transaction history, my money got deducted from my account. Seeking refund of same till date

Dear sir
                I santanu bhattacharya had received a call from airtel to port my mobile no. The executive told me that in 399 plan i'll get 2gb 4g data every day. But after port my no to airtel it is showing that i have only 1gb data per month and the executive is not responding in my call.. Name of the executive is sundar rao [protected].
                Please sort out the matter at the earliest very disappointed by the service of airtel
                Regards santanu

Airtel — I'm complaining about switch off the number

Switch off problem in my phone while my phone is not switch off if any other person call me. They said ur phone is in switch off. While my number is not switch off. I want to know that some other person can not misuse of my calls and my number. My phone goes switch off many times. This problem creating from many times. I want to solve this problem due to the safe using of phone...

My number is [protected]. I ported from jio to airtel and my number was deactivated from jio on the 25th at 00.11 hrs. It's now 25th 13.42pm and my airtel number is still not activated. I have tried calling the customer care and they say 24 hours. As per the policy the downtime should not be more than 4 hours. Why has the number not been activated yet?
                  Jul 31, 2017
                  Jun 26, 2017

Facebook - www.facebook.com/bhartiairtelltd

I have paid my bill and as per my airtel aap which is updated their is no due than please do let me know the reason of barring my airtel postpaid number [protected], and the best part your 121 executive is unable to give details but threatening of paying un billed amount...can you please resolve the issue if possible.
                    Aug 5, 2017
                    Dear Abhinav,

This is with reference to your post, dated 25 June 2017.

Jul 01, 2017

Facebook - www.facebook.com/bhartiairtelltd

Hello i recharged 399 in my airtel prepaid number in which airtel told me that u will get unlimited calls and 70gb internet for 70 days but internet stop working after 30 days.. Now customer care told that that plan will have only handset which is purchase after 19 apr 2017. Which information never told to me and dont have any condition link in the message which i received.. Thats is too pathatic for airtel type company.

concern.

However, there was no response;we will appreciate if you could share your alternate contact details and convenient time to call for resolving your concern effectively.

Rakesh Kumar
                      airtel presence (airtel Customer service team)

Facebook - www.facebook.com/bhartiairtelltd

Airtel customer care is worst service. Their ivr is pathetic... Unable to reach customer care representative...121 and 198 tests ur patience... I recharged my mobile twice for 399 but it never registered and amount got deducted but top up never credited on my cell... I tried calling 121 and 198 multiple times but never reached customer care representative... Pls do not go with airtel

concern.

Rakesh Kumar
                        airtel presence (airtel Customer service team)

Facebook - www.facebook.com/bhartiairtelltd

I recently upgraded my 3g sim to a 4g sim card for using on a 4g enabled handset (Op3).. I was asked to go to give a missed call on 52122, once the new sim got activated.. I did that n followed every other instruction provided to me.. And still after almost 6 hours of activation, i didn't receive the free 4g data, that, was supposed to be offered to the upgraded consumers..
                          I have been using airtel, ever since, i started using a mobile, almost 10 years.. And this is what i get after so many years of loyalty.. Now tell me why, why on earth, i shouldn't change my telecom provider, if for one, it provides me with a better plan.. And two, it isn't cheating its consumers like you are!!
                          Jul 26, 2017

Hello sir / madam
                            My number [protected] which was postpaid sim n now change into prepaid. Due to my manager mistake he submitted rupees 1150 and my bill was rupees 496.
                            So i would like to request refund my rupees 654 in my airtel bank which i can conti with my prepaid sim.
                            I really wanna be part of airtel family, hope you going to solve my issue.
                            Thank you waiting for positive result.
                            Jitender.

You can even contact me on my mail id priyanka. [protected]@gmail.com

Facebook - www.facebook.com/bhartiairtelltd

My airtel payments account is blocked for account no [protected] for the last few days and i am not able to re-genarate my mpin by providing the personal details required from me, hence please arrange for resetting my mpin or call me back immediately as i need to reload money in my account as the same has been blocked by the company and I am unable to reload money nor rechrage any of my accounts
                              Jul 26, 2017
                              Dear Customer,

This is with reference to your airtel complaint, we request you to call on 400 from your registered airtel number or[protected] from any other mobile or fixed line (standard charges apply).

Should you require further information, please feel free to write to us [protected]@airtelbank.com

Facebook - www.facebook.com/bhartiairtelltd

We were post paid CUG connection holder of airtel telecom in Banda city o[censored]ttar Pradesh from last 3-4 years. On 6 May 2017, we handed over the service with request to stop our connections and paid the bills and all dues through local outlets. our main numbers were [protected]/[protected]. They assured to stop our post paid services. and convert [protected] to prepaid by keeping our sims. after 1.5 month despite making number of visits and call to the representatives, they did not stop our post paid services especially for [protected]. They also did not change the requested individual plan for [protected]. after one month they charged CUG bill of Rs. 1500 and behaved indecently on our complaint. hence, we have no other way to resolve our problem. no representative of airtel paid attention to our issue.

Facebook - www.facebook.com/bhartiairtelltd

It has been really sad to observe the worst ever services from airtel. I bought an airtel secure plan in the month of May'17.
                                  I never have been careless in my handling of the phone, you can check the condition of the phone. It is still has same new finish. However, i was never aware that slipping of phone as to be some specific occasion until i heard that my claim has been rejected due to i was standing in my Hall and my phone slipped from my hand because of improper handling & Carelessness.. What a rubbish statement ever...
                                  Accident is accident, there is no specific terms there like carelessness & Improper handling.
                                  as they have picked up my mobile by 8 june, And giving this reason at 23 june.
                                  wasted 15 days for just this improper decision.
                                  May i request you to look into concern as after 3 days of ridiculous follow up i could register my claim and after 15 days of picking the device, i have been told that claim is rejected. I have not taken this secure services from insurance provider and i dont want to hear their lame excuses. I am going to proceed with legal option if not taken my request seriously.

Hoping to hearing from you soon.

Jul 01, 2017
                                  Updated by Nikhil Kateliya
                                  Don't try to fool people, i haven't received any call from your side

Facebook - www.facebook.com/bhartiairtelltd
                                  Airtel secure is the biggest scam. I reported to them that the screen of my motorola phone was broken due to slippage from pocket while boarding a car. They said that your mobile broke due to improper care. I asked them to explain and some dim witted escalation person read out what the rejection note stated. When I said, my escalation was to know how slippage is improper care and not accident, he told me that the insurance company is the last word. When I asked about the insurance company he flat refused. I called one Assist (they are the TPA). They too refused to divulge the insurers name and gave some mumbled confused reply. When they returned my phone after 14 days, the device was dead (was working after the screen breakage). Courier told me to charge the phone for a few hours and then check. I did so and still phone was dead. I suspect that they must have stolen some parts and returned the phone. When I raised another claim letting them know of the the damage (or in all probability theft) they had caused, without further delay they closed the 2nd Claim and when I called to ask why it was closed, they told me that they will not "entertain" me anymore.After reading several such complaints, I am convinced that they are not here for the long run. They just want to to EARN extra bucks after Reliance Jio degraded their business. Even their they continued to hoodwink the public by offering a bull #### 10 GB data and kept charging roaming pack after declaring roaming is free. Airtel's thieving ways if not checked will only lead to mistrust from other GENUINE business. I would be glad to pay Airtel if they beg to me. But cheating consumers is a sad and thieving practice. Such companies are relics of the past. Airtel's survival in the market is now very unsure. This is the last scam they are running. They will be irrelevant in a few years. I hope and pray that they collapse as a company as soon as possible.

I have received message from airtel that i will receive unlimited local and std calls on my mobile and free 1gb data per day on recharge of 349. I have received none of them. I am totally frustrated with their customer support as i registered a complaint on their website and they have closed it without talking to me. There is no customer care number that seems to work where i can register this complaint. This is a total incompetency of this company to address to people's complaints.
                                    Siddharth rastogi

Dear Customer,

This is with reference to your post dated 24 June 2017.

Facebook - www.facebook.com/bhartiairtelltd
                                    Airtel does not bother at all to even make a call and ask what problem I am facing.
                                    They have closed my complaint without even talking to me. Worst experience for me. Such careless behavior they have shown.
                                    Siddharth Rastogi

Respected sir,
                                      My name is Nilesh Gada using airtel service since last 18/20 months & my mobile no is [protected]. Its postpaid connection . since yesterday 23/6/17 after 7:00 pm i am not able to make calls or receive any calls. For sometime i could not realise why it was happening. After 9:00 pm complains came on other mobile that my airtel no is not working. By that time all airtel gallery were closed & i have to wait till next day. Today when i went to gallery, airtel executive checked the mobile & sim, then found sim was not working. They changed the sim & charged me RS:25/- for new sim. After paying the charges also my new sim has not started till now. My whole business runs on mobile but due to the airtel sim i am losing my business. Everyone likes good relations with customers but i am suffering my business due to new sim card.

With best regards

NILESH

Dear Customer,

This is with reference to your post dated 24 June 2017.