Apollo Hospital Customer Care

Tamil Nadu

Fax:
Fax:

Good

Apollo Hospital related photos (156)

Apollo Hospital Complaints & Reviews

sarat97
It is very disgusting to find a security person at the very entrace stopping and questioning the patients. He qustions with no courtesy by wispers not even by voice for reasons. Should he to question he should with proper manners. T have come to see a neurologist after discharge from Chennai Apollo for further consultation. This posture os security at the entrance is seen as very unwelcome and insulting. Please do the needful and let me know. Dr B Sarath Babu

[Jul 06, 2015] Apollo Hospital customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

ali2
    I am compelled to write this note because of the disgusting experience i suffered in the hands of Apollo Hyderabad Hospital and its staff. My details for ease of identification are:- a) Name;- ALI FARAJ AWADH b) IPN;- APJI[protected] c) Country;- KENYA d) Admission date;- 6/5/2015 e) Discharge date;- 21/5/2015 I was handed a questionnaire on my departure from the hospital, I concluded the hospital administration is anxious to get a feedback on the services provided. I chose to write at length on the issue perchance it may wake the slumbering giant which is, in my view sleeping on its laurels. My elder brother and his family received excellent service from Apollo Chennai some 7 years ago.He and some other friends believed, erroneous that comparable standards would be encountered at Hyderabad's Apollo.Alas, greed and time have eroded this reputation as many people i have recently talked to expressed dissatisfaction with the services and the charges proffered! I shall now narrate my experience and dissatisfaction . I entered Apollo Hyderabad on 6/5/15 with pleural effusion, a condition which causes fluid to accumulate in the lung region.I consulted a pulmonary specialist at the hospital and what followed discredits the profession. A series of investigations/tests were ordered and it was finally decided that a key-hole surgery to be performed for a biopsy.I was ill-prepared for this as in the course of the surgery, i was turned on the wrong side resulting in the fluid (which should have been drained first) to weigh on the heart causing it to seize. General panic and pandemonium ensued in the theatre;the surgery was aborted and i was resuscitated after a while by the grace of God.Another attempt was tried after a few days of recovery to again obtain the needed biopsy, this time was successful; which landed me again in the SICU for the second time. Unfortunately all the tests and the biopsy results did not come to a conclusive diagnosis. In all, i spent 4 days after the avoidable abortive surgery and another 4 days after the successful one. In total my "mistreatment" at Apollo aggregated to 14 days and i was billed 794, 000 Indian Rupees, unjustifiably, this i wish to contest for the following reasons:- a) I was charged for the 4 days in the SICU because of the neglect of the surgeon who did not ensure that my lungs were adequately ventilated and prepared for the operation.My heart seizure that followed was the direct consequence of this oversight and the abortive operation with its preliminary and post surgery tests were in vain. The charges including those of the SICU resulting from all this avoidable fiasco should have been waived.However, i was saddled thoughtlessly with these charges. b) Casual scrutiny of the bill would reveal an unwarranted, repetitive and multifarious tests that were calculated to buy time for the senior consultant doctor, who preferred, reportedly to deliver academic lectures elsewhere rather that attend expeditiously to the patients. I spent several days awaiting for him and have ended up paying for the time of absence. c) Consultation is charged in minutes ! In one instance, per minute i was charged at 1000 Indian Rupees. What can he achieve in one minute i may ask? unless this strategy is designed to inflate the bill. Its perhaps not realised that many o[censored]s who travel thousands of kilometres to India searching for medical help irk financing from all possible sources including prevailing upon our relatives.Had we got the resources India is blessed with, we would not subject ourselves to the indignity of begging!! I abhor practices that are patently exploitative. To incur a bill of 794, 000 Rupees within less than a fortnight without a DIAGNOSIS and with profiteering practices is unethical and unfair. Will i recommend Apollo Hyderabad to anyone? the answer is "NO"! I have just met a Tanzanian who was disgusted with Apollo's demand for an exorbitant deposit for the treatment of her sick 'mother'. She was asked to deposit $13, 000. She naturally went some other hospital.We were compelled to get a discharge because of the alarming escalating costs at Apollo.We sought assistance in another hospital and got it.Many others are and will do so if Apollo persists with its APPALLING GREED.The total bill we incurred was 300, 000 Rupees for a period of 10 days with a conclusive diagnosis, surgery and 4 days in the SICU at the other hospital. There are many hospitals in India now with comparable resources but with humane and compassionate treatment of their patients.They do not seem to have the same zeal to maximize the "bottom line" at the expense of their poor international patients. Have i made a case for part refund?? Wake up Apollo!!

[Jun 30, 2015] Apollo Hospital customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
    Thank you for sharing, can please give the name of the other hospital you got treated at. You just saved me from a bad experience. Thank you.

Dink.mkd
      Hi My father (UHID: AC01.[protected]) Mr. Krishnan kumar had undergone a Neuro surgery on the right side of his brain on 9th June 2014 at Apollo Specialty Hospital, Teynampet Chennai. Post surgery he was given physiotherapy by Mr. Kumar Shankar who continued the therapy at my home after his discharge for about 5 months, he performed the therapy without using the left hand immobilizer due to which his shoulder has got dislocated, i have report from orthopedic doctor and from other physiotherapists confirming this. I expect the hospital to take remedial measures to rectify this mistake and fix the shoulder also take disciplinary actions against Mr. Kumar Shankar. I expect a speedy action to solve the issue. could you please help to make the hospital liable for this and take remedial actions at the earliest, my father is in distress due to dislocated shoulder.

[Jun 28, 2015] Apollo Hospital customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
      yet to hear from the hospital on this.

sravanthi27
        Hi, I visited the Apollo Clinic, Bellandur yesterday evening (24-Jun-15, 19:30:41) to see the gynaecologist. She prescribed a blood test and urine culture for which I made the payment. After the payment, I was told by the doctor that I can't give the urine sample now for some reasons. She asked me to give the blood sample alone. So, I just gave the blood sample and told the lab technician about the same and asked him to cancel the urine test and refund the amount(Rs 1020/-). He said it can't be cancelled. I went to the receptionist and asked about the same. Even she was saying the same, that they can't refund the amount. She was suggesting that I could get the same test done whenever I want in this test's place. This just doesn't sound logical. Is it for fun that we get some medical investigation done? Why keep my money when they are not doing the test? They are neither refunding my money nor giving me a credit note so that I can use it for any future consultation/ vaccine charges. I have been visiting this clinic for more than 3 years now. Never expected this kind of behavior. They don't give me a logical solution to my problem and then keep the patient (myself) there requesting for refund. Not justified. I request you to kindly refund my money (Rs 1020/-). Details you may need: UHID: C011.[protected] OP Number: BLDROPP126170 Bill No: BLDR-OCS-128370 Date: 24-Jun-15 Time: 19:30:41 Cashier: Ms. Mamatha

[Jun 25, 2015] Apollo Hospital customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
        Thanks Apollo for prompt action in resolving my issue. I received the refund. Thank you.

Apollo Hospital — Money Minded hospital [Resolved]

Shabbir Ahmed.S
          Apollo hospital, Bangalore is a [censored] up placeā€¦ money minded doctors, money minded management. They don't care for anything...
          Complaint comments  Comments  (1)

dishantbehl
          Hi, I already had a UID number of apollo and receptionist said they can't find my UID from my number I have to register again so I paid her 200 again and after that also she didn't issued any UID to me I have a bill for that and want to claim my 200 rupee back, otherwise I gona sue you. Thanks and Regards Dishant Behl [protected]
          Complaint marked as Resolved Dec 22, 2016

[Jun 20, 2015] Apollo Hospital customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
          Dear Mr. Dishant Behl,

Greetings for the day.

We regret the inconvenience that may have been caused and would like to address your concerns. Request you to kindly share your e-mail ID and UHID number with us. Our team will get in touch with you soon.

Apollo Hospital — doctors with money minded

Parandaman Jagannathan
            My mom provided blood sample and to consult doctor in Apollo. Boochandran, a diabetes doctor wants master health check to...

Karthikn136
            My father was admitted in emergency because of vomiting on 07-may-2015. He was treated for 5 days and vomiting was not stopped yet. We were not informed about the reason behind vomit. Doctor raised discharge notice on 11-May-2015. But still we were not clear on what medicines should be followed further. The general physician had totally visited only 5 times in the whole and would have spent totally not more than 15 mins on asking how the patient feels.
            Complaint marked as Resolved Dec 26, 2016

[May 12, 2015] Apollo Hospital customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
            Dear Mr. Karthik,

Greetings for the day.

Apologies for the inconvenience that may have been caused. We would like to address your concern. Hence request you to kindly share your e-mail ID with us and our team will get in touch with you.

Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, Delhi. — Staffs are cheat here

fmh
              Hi, I visited Apollo Hospital, Sarita Vihar, Delhi in OPD for consultation with Ortho Specialist. When I asked for the...

suraj sharma
              Dear Sir/Madam Greetings of the day There are huge problem in the medical check up and testing in apolo hospital, although we had appointment still many un-appointment people broke the queue and entered for check up, and huge queue in medical store, No where any systemetic rule was followed, it seems its a steet hospital not a great name of Apolo, No where AC was working, No proper water facility, Lift was blocked due to heavy rush . We are very much unsatisfied with the service, regards Prakash
              Complaint marked as Resolved Dec 14, 2016

[May 04, 2015] Apollo Hospital customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
              Dear Mr. Suraj Sharma,

Greetings for the day.

Apologies for the inconvenience that may have been caused.It is indeed unfortunate that we were unable to live up to your expectation. It has been our constant endeavour to provide the best health care facilities to our patients.

Hi Apollo team,
              Your response is as pathetic as the issues mentioned by the customer. It will be nicer if you come out in open stating what exactly you have done to address the issues mentioned by the customer so that they do not occur in future again. But that requires sincerity and some work on your part. Your management must be made of doctors who don't know anything about management, naturally. So you can't do anything except expressing apologies.

Apollo Hospital — Cheating with Patients with Service Charges

saurabh_10
                Sir/ MamToday my Colleague who was admitted in your Indore's Apollo-Rajshri Hospital for 4 days got discharged. And we came...

pmore
                I went for dental scaling today (10th Apr, 2015) to Apollo hospital in Kolkata (EM Bypass). A portion of my front lower tooth was chipped off in the process. I didn't realise it immediately after the procedure was done, as I did not look at my teeth so carefully for obvious reasons. But I noticed it within next 1 hour as I had gone for shopping and got a chance to see it in the trial room mirror. I was in for a rude shock. I ran back to the hospital to meet the doctor and figure out remedial solution. The doctor had left for the day. Another doctor came to see me but she took little interest and asked me to see the same doctor who had done my scaling the next day on the pretext that she does not know my case background. I spoke to the business manager and asked him to look into the matter. He again warded off responsibility saying it is not possible to have happened during scaling. On pressurising to take serious action, he called a consultant to check the condition of my teeth. The doctor looked at my teeth thoroughly and at first told that the dents in the front teeth look as a result of fracture but there are dents on other tooth too and they look like they had happened earlier as their surfaces were smooth. I told him I am not sure about the other tooth, they might have been like that although I highly doubt, but the front ones have broken definitely today as I look at my front tooth on an ongoing basis again for obvious reasons. To this, his argument was that there are many dents on my teeth, so the ones on front teeth also may be one among them. I requested him for unbiased judgement, but it didn't seem so given the way he went back on his words. I contacted the hospital manager for complaint against the dental department, but he directed me to the medical superintendent. When I went to the medical superintendent, he looked like a sensible and senior person, but again warded off responsibility saying that the dental department is totally different, it does not come under his supervision and that there have been two other complaints against them within this week. I requested him to acknowledge a complaint from my end and take necessary action. I submitted a written complaint per his suggestion, which was signed and acknowledged by the business manager of dental department (unable to attach a copy of the written complaint due to file size limit; will be happy to mail across though). I went to Apollo without knowing the background of the in-house doctors only under the faith in Apollo brand, and this is what I got in return. I sincerely request the concerned people in the management team to take appropriate action against the negligent/ inexperienced doctor as well as the irresponsible team. Above all, I would request the team to fix my teeth and get me out of the problem that your unprofessional/ inexperienced/ irresponsible team has put me to into. Thanking you, Puja More Ph: [protected]

[Apr 11, 2015] Apollo Hospital customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

Arun Sadhu
                  This is to state that my biopsy was done in chennai apolo hospital on 20th march 2015 under Dr.Hariharan.As my return ticket was on 21st march 2015, so it was told by the authority that they will mail the biopsy report in both residential address and email address.Till date I have neither received the report by mail nor by post.And whenever I am calling at the given number for the report, an attendant named Jenifer is responding by saying that they will dispatch the report soon to the given address and the mail also.Numerous calls has been made thereafter till date, but they are misguiding us by giving false statement as I have already mentioned.Being a patient, and as my residence is in West Bengal which is very far from the Apolo Hospital Chennai, it is not possible for me to go and get the report by hand.As per their words, believing them I waited till now but it yielded no result.So, kindly understanding my situation and keeping in view the negligence on their part please do the requisite as the report is urgently needed here for further treatment and medication. I will be highly obliged. Thank you. Patient name:Arun Kanti Sadhu Age:55years UHID:AC01.[protected] M:[protected] Email id:[protected]@gmail.com

[Apr 08, 2015] Apollo Hospital customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

Aditya Pandian
                    My Father(K Sankara Pandian) passed away in Apollo Hospital Greams rd on 23rd march 2015. He had 90% block in 1 branch and 80% and 70% other 2 branch.He had by-pass surgery in the same hospital on 13th march 2015 did by Dr Dilip Kumar Mishra. He discharged my father on 20th march 2015 after the surgery after 2 days in home he sweats and breathes heavily. We rushed him to hospital on 22nd 11pm march 2015, They said he had fluid filled in his left lungs but he is ok now.Dr. Dilip comes at 11 am on 23rd the next day. On 23rd he dies the doctor operates on CCU itself. Even as a lame man I know he should have in observation for few more days. The doctor was incapable to reach and attend my dad on time. Only 8 days of observation due other patients are in line for bed to replace.

[Apr 03, 2015] Apollo Hospital customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

Apollo Hospital — complain against false treatment

animeshghosh312
                      Is really Apollo Hospital touching lives ?Object of medical experts of Apollo, Chennai and its branches to render service...

jayita 123
                      Patient S MUKHERJEE is SENIOR CITIZEN 68 YERAS of age was admitted for ueroliogical problem on 21st March 2015 in Apollo Glenegales Kolkata while doing a medical test on 23rd March 2015 in the hospital she was been pulled by your employee as she is a bed ridden patient she fell down and severely injured her two knees & two shoulder.She was crying out of pain no one called the orthopaedic doctor.

[Mar 25, 2015] Apollo Hospital customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

Apollo Hospital — Improper billing and verbal abuse of elderly patient

Indian7
                        Dear Apollo / Nova Specialty Management, I had brought my father, Mr. Embar Srinivasan, to the Nova Specialty hospital...
                        Complaint comments  Comments  (2)

Apollo Hospital — allegations

animeshghosh312
                        Is really Apollo Hospital touching lives ? Object of medical experts of Apollo, Chennai and its branches to render service...

deepaksharma4392
                        Patient Name:Punam Devi Sharma we have admitted patient on Thursday 19tth March 2015 in ICU ward bed No:131 now transfered to HDU ward bed no:222, we have requested for Vegetarian food for patient but they had given Non Veg food to patient & this was not for the 1st time they did this 3 years ago when same patient has been admitted, & at that time they said sorry for their mistake, but they are doing same mistake repeatedly Please acknowledge our complaint & take action for the same. Regards Deepak sharma

[Mar 22, 2015] Apollo Hospital customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

deepaksharma4392
                          Patient Name: Punam Devi Sharma we have admited her on Thursday 19th March 2015, in ICU ward. Patient Bed No:131 now sifted to HDU ward, Bed No:222 we have requested for Vegetarian Jain food for patient but they have provided Non veg food to patient, this is not for the 1st time with the Apollo Hospital 3 years earlier they have done the same & for that have said just sorry at that time but they are doing repeatedly the same mistake. Please acknowledge our complaint & take action for the same. Regards, Suresh Sharma