B.E.S.T. Undertaking
Brihanmumbai Electric Supply and Transport Undertaking

B.E.S.T. Undertaking Customer Care

Brihanmumbai Electric Supply and Transport Undertaking

Materials Management Department (Colaba – Head Office), 4th Floor, Parivahan Bhavan Bldg., S.B.Road, Electric House, Colaba
Mumbai City District

Fax:
Fax:

For Purchases related to Transportation-I, Transportation-II & General Section:
Materials Management Department (Dadar)
1st Floor, Transportation Engg. Bldg., Tilak Marg,
Dadar,
Mumbai – 400 014.

For Purchases related to Supply / Building:
Materials Management Department (Kussara)
2nd Floor, Bijlee Bhavan, Kussara Bunder Road,
Mazgaon,
Mumbai – 400 010

View More Information...

Load

B.E.S.T. Undertaking related photos (266)

B.E.S.T. Undertaking Complaints & Reviews

B. E. S. T. Undertaking — Not Stopping Bus on Bus stop & Driver talking rudely [Resolved]

R P SIngh
As per the rudeness of Bus drivers we are facing more and more problem. How come normal man goes through this?
br...

Mrs. Prachi Pradeep Revandkar
Respected Sir,

I, Mrs. Prachi Pradeep Revandkar always catch a bus from Bombay Central with my two daughters who are 6 years and 3&1/2 years old. Whenever I entering in the bus by back door with my daughters, some passengers are in hurry and they do not want to wait till my daughters enter the bus and they are telling me to go in the bus by front door only with my small daughters.

Once I caught the Bus No. 66. My younger daughter went in the bus. But I couldn't able to enter the bus, Conductor rang the bell and the bus started and I stayed down only. That time the Bus Conductor told me to enter the bus by front door only whenever I will be with my small daughters. No one will stop you to enter the bus by front door whenever you are with small children. From that time, whenever bus was crowded and I am with my small daughters, I go by front door only.

But today, when I entered the Bus No.66 with my daughters by front door, the Driver of the Bus ( Batch No. 87202 ) behaved with me so rudely, talked to me with very bad manners and asked me to get down the bus with my small daughters. I told him about the above incidents happened with me before but he don't want to listen anything and he asked me to show any rule or law and to get down from the bus. I also told him that I will come by back door but let my daughters in bus. But he was not listened to me.

This is not the way to behave with me when I am with my small daughters. If I was alone and enter the bus by front door, then its ok if he ask me to enter the bus by back door. But today I was with my small daughters, how come he is telling me to get down the bus. This is not a humanity.

Sir, please take the notice of this and take the necessary action.

Thanking you,

Mrs. Prachi P. Revandkar

Rohan Sharma
    I travel from Chembur to Mahim by 376 bus everyday since last 2yrs.
    Day by day the frequency of this bus is going down.
    Now a days i have to wait for 1 hr or sometimes more for this bus.
    Many a times 4 buses comes in 5 minutes gap and then for 2 hrs no bus.
    The drivers sometimes didnt even stop the buses at bus stops though not their fault coz no1 can enter the jam packed buses.
    I agree nowadays there is heavy traffic problem in sion, but this cannot be an excuse.Many buses like 521 ltd covers a long distances and passes through very crowded places like sion, matunga, dadar then also the frequency is maintained.
    how??
    Why 376 route is neglected everytime???
    Please the concerned person look into this matter asap.
    Its very frustrating reaching office late everyday!!!

BEST — visibility of bus no. and route

I observed that in some buses it is not possible to find the bus no. till you go in front or left side of the bus i say why sould not be visible from all four sides so that one can see the no of the bus from far and go for his right bus rather than go around
    Complaint comments  Add a comment

B. E. S. T. Undertaking — BUS DIDNT HALT at the STOP & Extremely rude behavior [Resolved]

Ashish Vora
      To the Concerned Authority,

Sir

This is to bring to your notice that the BEST bus no 203, (Vehicle...

Rajesh Sakpal
      On Goregaon-Mulund Link road (i.e. Aarey Milk Colony road), the bus frequency is very less. Only 3 bus ply on these route (460, 398 & 489) with an average time interval of 10-15 mins. During peak time, it is simply not possible to board these buses on said road due to heavy crowd in bus. However, during off peak period (say early morning or afternoon time) when buses are quite empty, most of these buses dont halt at bus stops on aforesaid road (courtesy - double bell given by conductor). Before bus reaches the bus stop, conductor gives double bell indicating driver not to stop bus and hence driver stops the bus either at some distance before or after bus stop (only for passengers to get down).

On some ocassions, conductor keeps on saying that "another bus is coming from behind, please leave this bus", but no bus comes.

I appeal to higher authorities at BEST to please investigate and look into this matter. Please ask your staff to show courtesy to halt the bus and carry passengers atleast when there is some place.

One offended passenger on GM Link road (Picnic Spot Bus STop)
      I Mr Kamalakar Hiraji Desai Age 73 years staying at 1/6 Mehta Park, Bhagoji kir Marg Mumbai 400 016 . My Customer ID is[protected]*3 which is on my mothers name Smt Devoobai H Desai . I want to transfer it to my name since my mother is no more now. Due to my age it is not possible to personly come to ofiice and do the formalities .
      Please guide me in this give possible help or let me know the documents to submit and where to submit .

thanking you and hoping for your great help.
      I expect earliest respons to my above mention problem .
      I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHETHER THIS MAIL IS BEING PROCESSED AND TAKEN ACTION OR I HAVE TO TAKE SOME OTHER WAY TO DO THE NEEDFUL . WHATEVER IS THE CASE MAKE ME KNOW
      WHEN THE COMPLAINT ACT IS COMPLETE WHY THIS COMMENT BOX AOMING AGAIN AND AGAIN
      MAY I HAVE MY COMPLAINT REFERRANCE
      PLEASE GIVE ME STATUS OF MY COMPLAINT
      Dear Sir
      i Mr Mahesh presently working at Andheri and living at Thane, Jambali Naka. Traveling from my resident to working place becomes very costly, because from jambli naka i abored in TMT buses it costs 7 Rs to Teen Hath naka, after then BEST buses chares.
      So the BEST buses should reach atleast to Thane West station. It will be very realible for me and peoples like me. So please look in to the matter for early.

B. E. S. T. Undertaking — BEST BUS from SEEPZ to Mulund [Resolved]

Preeti Iyer

AS B.E.S.T. is aware of the traffic from andheri station to Mulund, there are some buses which start from...

Leonard D'Souza

This complaint is about the driver who intentionally hit my car on Sunday 9th November at 11:30pm. This incident happened at the entrance of Renaissance Hotel, Powai.
        I was on my way to the hotel and I also had my indicator on showing the driver that I'm about to take a 'RIGHT' turn. I rightly took a right turn and reached the other side of the road and suddenly I feel something hit my car from the side rear. It was this BEST bus driver who on purpose swirled the bus to the right and then after hitting my car, was trying to go back to his 'STRAIGHT' lane and escape.
        On confronting him as to why he had to do so, this was his reply "You did not give me way to go ahead, so I had to hit you" Hw was also abusive and was using the BEST as a tool to do so.
        He also mentioned, "Is there anyone who has stopped a BEST bus'.
        To me this sentence means that, even if a man is walking on the road and for some reason the driver feels that the man didn't give him side, then he can just run over him. Is this what BEST is all about.
        He was also saying that when the cops come they will make sure to take care of me in a very abusive manner.
        Upon asking for his name and tag #, he said he will just not give it and was very arrogant and with all pride said that "You do what you have to do"
        I had to spend Rs. 9000 to fix the damages and I feel I had to spend it for someone else's mistake who has absolutely no fear of the law's.
        The police were also present after the incident took place. he police officer asked me to file a police complaint. They were from Powai Station as far as I know and you can verify that too.
        Today it is this driver who behaved like this and if no action is taken against him, then tomorrow we might have many more drivers with such an attitude.
        There is absolutely no safety for other commuter's when such drivers are on the road to hit other vehicles on purpose and also accept the same with pride by saying that they did it on purpose.
        I sincerely request the person in charge to take disciplinary actions against this driver and also I will be filing a police complaint against the driver and BEST for negligence and I'm also expect a reimbursement for the amount I spent on the damages caused by the driver. I have the bill to prove it too.

Below mentioned is the bus details;

Bus registration #: MH 01 L9998.
        It was from Gorai Depot, #8762.
        Time of the incident : 11:30pm Sunday 9th November 2008.
        Yesterday night it happen with me as well. thank god police was at your side. I was driving bike. only mistake i have done that while asking his ID aand number. I took his BUS Driver Billa & went to Police station. Police did not took my complains. after one hour 30 min they also came to police station because driver billa was with me... they written a complain agenst me IPC-353c. I took a ID from a govt. emplyee.

over and above police said that " Kuch huya too nahii naa, kuch hota to naa"

In this city close your eye, ear & mouth...
        03/08/2011.

A similar incident has happened to my car today.
        I would like to know what happened about your online complaint.

The bus driver turned into the wrong lane and banged my car and similarly mentioned that he did it on purpose as he had to change lanes, and that I should learn a lesson from this "that even if I am in the right lane, I should not take panga with a buswalla".

B. E. S. T. Undertaking — rash driving [Resolved]

maanasee shah
          The BEST no MH 01 LA 5408 driving on Khar SV road near beauty center on 6th nov '08 at 3 pm desided to crash into my...

Raymond Cross
          I am a resident of Kalanagar, Bandra(E) & the change in time-table of BEST Bus Route No.2Ltd from Marol Depot-Electric House to Marol Depot-Byculla Station & Electric House-Mahim Bus Station is causing a lot of inconvenience to many people staying at Bandra(E).
          As time-table changed, we have to catch other buses going near Colaba and they are already very much crowded, their frequency is low & they take much time to reach. So, the previous route of Bus No.2Ltd should be restored or the last stop should be shifted from Mahim Bus Station to Government Colony, Bandra(E). This is one of the most convenient places near Mahim to shift the last stop of Route No.2Ltd from Mahim Bus Station. It will benefit a lot of people staying in Bandra(E).
          I agree with you. ROute No.2Ltd goes to Electric House only till 10:30am. Its an important bus for us as it connects important parts & J.J. Hospital.
          Its the only bus that goes to Colaba from Teacher's Colony. Please start whole day services till Electric House.
          I DO AGREE THAT THE CHANGING OF THE ROUTE SCHEDULE OF 2LTD HAS AFFECTED QUITE SOME PEOPLE. BUT I WOULD LIKE YOU TO ADVISE THAT CATCH ROUTE NO.11LTD WHICH STARTS FROM BANDRA GOVT.COLONY AND GOES TO NAVY NAGAR AREA IN COLABA THROUGH AREAS LIKE DHARAVI, SION, DADAR T.T., PAREL, LALBAUG, BYCULLA(E) AND JOINING ROUTE NO 2LTD AT NAGPADA.ALTERNATIVELY YOU CAN CATCH A BUS UPTO MAHIM AND THEN CHANGEOVER TO ROUTES LIKE 1, 51, 83.

BEST — Last Stop

The last stop of Bus Route 172 is at Saat Raasta, Jacob Circle (Sant Gadge Marg). Can you beleive a Last Stop of a huge Bus in the Circle. This Junction is already overcrowded with a lot of Traffic and sometimes there are 2 to 3 buses parked at this last stop thus causing absolut chaos at this crucial junction. Some notorious drivers even park the bus in an awkward manner and this causes more inconvenience. May I request to move the Last Stop of bus route 172 to some place. Infact it can start from Tardeo Depot of Bombay Central depot which is not very far from this place.

Suresh
          Just move this bus stop from Saat Raasta. It is a major problem. Because of tis last stop there is also a office booth which is on the foot path. This is also a big problem for pedestrians.

JF
          Route No. 2LTD is important route for people of Teachers Colony, Maratha Colony, Vakola, and even Govt Colony ( back of Teachers Colony ) after change of its last stop it cause lot of problem for people especially old people who want to go to JJ hospital, St George hospital, they cant change over at Byculla. So at least Extend upto Chatrapati Shivaji Terminus ( V T ) and other side up to Santacruz Airport or Santacruz Station ( East ) instead of Mahim Bus Station.

B. E. S. T. Undertaking — best bus complaint [Resolved]

dhiren satra
            From kandivali to bangurnagar there are only 3 buses running 210, 707, 205. i want to suggest them that there is no proper...

B. E. S. T. Undertaking — Conductor No 38573 for Bus no 347 [Resolved]

Anju Sharma
            I travel daily from Gokuldham medical centre stop to Veetbhati stop daily since last 2 years every morning the ticket for...

shwetakanade
            BEST is operating two different routes for Thakur Complex Kandivali East. Route No.300 operating from Kandivali Station and Route No.400 operating from Borivali Station. Now problem is that on Both route service is not regular particularly on route no.400 where generally Bus is coming after 20 to 30 minutes. Where on route no.300 bus is coming frequently but not regular in evening time so many times it is happening that passenger are standing on stop at Kandivali Station Depot first stop Bus of Route No.300 coming but they keep it in side that is also not one Bus But some time 3 to 4 bus and than they will send all the Bus together.
            my complaint regarding double decker, it has came into existence 8 to 10 decade before now its seems these double decker are beinb submerging in front of our eye. i have been staying in town from last 25 yrs its like i m pure addict of double deck, its very difficult to get in to the single deck pls look into the matter

B. E. S. T. Undertaking — BEST BUS No.445 (RCF Colony to Andheri St) [Resolved]

Simpson Edward

I stay in RCF Colony (Bhandup East). There is a bus #445 which first/last stop is RCF Colony till recently....

Sunil George Kuruvilla
              I recently moved to a flat in Kopar Khairane, specifically keeping in mind the new AC buses started by BEST on the Vashi-BKC route. I even took a quarterly(3 months) pass to travel in these buses.However, since the last week, all the AC buses(505) have been terminated.

No explanation or reason has ever been given. This has caused inconvenience to scores of daily commuters.This is really taking the commuters for a ride. BEST should at least offer an explanation and refund the hard-earned money of ordinary citizens of this country.
              This is for your kind notice regarding behaviour of BEST bus employees. I am a frequent BEST bus commuter and always had high regard for the efficiency of your bus services. However, I recently had a bad experience while travelling in a BEST bus where I was shocked at the rude behaviour of the driver towards me. This is in reference to BEST Bus No: 362 that goes to Kurla Station (E); Time: 8:10 A.M.
              While nearing the bus stop, I was getting ready near the front exit of the bus when the driver started behaving rudely. He kept on making rude verbal abuses without making it clear what was wrong. I alighted at the bus stop and the driver was still being rude. One must understand that in a metropolitan city like Mumbai people from different parts of the country will be residing and may not understand and/or take too kindly to many such verbal abuses.
              I sincerely request you to consider such incidents as serious and take neccessary action so that commuters are not harrassed while travelling by BEST buses. I do recommend your employees(especially drivers) anger management and disciplinary classes to check their rude behaviour (if any).I would also like to suggest that all BEST buses should give sufficient time for the commuters to alight the bus before starting off. Jumping into the bus while at the bus stop is not a practical option for older people and ladies. Thanking you in anticipation,

Yours faithfully,
              Sandeep,
              A concerned BEST bus commuter

Sangeeta S
                This is to highlight the rude behaviour displayed by conductor (ID no. 83621) on 28th Jan 2008, in bus no MH 9393 going to Worli Aagar.

As i boarded the bus, the conductor mentioned to take the ticket. My hands were full with luggage & i moved forward to occupy a seat. The bus was not crowded, in fact there were no standing passengers, however to show his tantrum the conductor did not come ahead to give my ticket. I went behind, paid him & then collected the ticket.

This is a bad display of behavior & not fulfilling his duties.
                This is to highlight the rude behaviour displayed by conductor (ID no. 10330) on 17th JUNE 2008, in bus no MH01 7143 going to Santacruze depot (time 11:45am).

As i boarded the bus i asked him to give me ticket till S.V road Bandra, as i was not aware that the bus route is not from s.v road bandra .
                he gave me 10rs ticket and said bus will not route from bandra,
                i said him politly why you gave me then ten rupees ticket, he said you dint said bandra .

he was completly ignoring me i said pls give me your ID no : .
                after few minutes he came, and started abusing me and he took the ticket from my pocket and asked me to get down and compaint to whomsoever

i was very disapponted with his behaviour, request you to take necessary action and help us .

Ravi Siripuram

he gave me 10rs ticket and said bus will not route from bandra,

he was completly ignoring me i said pls give me your ID no : .

Ravi Siripuram
                This is to highlight the rude behaviour displayed by conductor on 25th Nov 2008, in bus no 349 @ 8:30 am going to Sipz Bus Depot from Jaycoch Jogeshwari.

As i boarded the bus, the conductor mentioned to take the ticket.
                I told him to give me one ticket for Marol Depot. He told me this Bus is not for Marol depot, he told me to get down from bus & see the display board ( even that bus display board is showing Sipz Bus sthanak marge Agarkar chowk Andhri ).

Now please tell me, was that my mistake? if the board was wrong then what should we do. Afterthat he was arguing so much with me. minimum 10 min. he was arguing with me. I am also that time out of control & taking him In & Out.

My suggetion for you management is, please dont recrute uneducated people in your team they will create a mess in BEST.

All people known that BEST is one of the best transport in Mumbai & i am also very much aware of that but this kind o[censored]neducated people is creating bad impresion on BEST.
                I agree with all the complaints stated here. I am using BEST service since age 5, more than 25 years experience I respect BEST services but regret about these facts too.
                Whenever anyone from my native place arrives in Bombay, they see this and astonish, they might think that we are “adjusted” to this rude behavior of drivers and conductors. They inturn think that we also use such language in our day to day life.
                This is bad situation. Someone must educate BEST employees on anger and / or stress management!!!

Thanks & Regards;