Expedia.co.in
2.3

Expedia.co.in Complaints & Reviews

My money has been debited from my account and the call-center has booked my ticket when the airline isn's operational. I don't get any response. Its absolutely disgusting.

I was travelling to Bhimtal near Nainital, India. I tried making a hotel booking through Expedia, i was charges for res 2800...
    I made two business class bookings on british airways blr/jfk/blr. The airline cancelled a sector and on the ba website it...

Expedia sold me a 4-star hotel named Artsy South Congress in Austin. This hotel does not exist. There is no such thing at the address given in their voucher. On reaching Austin and after making few calls on helplines, I was sent an email asking to enter into Lola apartment complex using a passcode, and then get into an apartment using another passcode.
    This was a dirty, shabby apartment owned by someone, in a residential complex that had all other apartments used by regular citizens. The apartment happened to be extremely dirty, but there was noone to call to clean. I stayed there for two nights. Nobody ever came to clean or for any other housekeeping. Since the apartment was in basement, insects were crawling all over the place. All pictures are shown here.
    Expedia removed my review and complaint from their website. This is a FRAUD, as such a Hotel Artsy Congress just DOESN'T EXIST.
    Do NOT ever use Expedia.

This is Chirag, with regards to my trip id *[protected]. * I had called up
      Expedia(india) customer support and on my first conversation with
      customer care executive had confirmed for refund for my booking. post which I made some other plan and decided to cancel my booking that time was informed no refunds will be issued. but still went ahead with cancellation, since I was told if somebody had confirmed of refund than shall get it. so asked to cancel my booking and also was assured they will check previous conversation with regards to refund and will get back.

No body got back and finally today I again called up and immediately that
      time all previous conversation were been checked and was told not refund
      since last conversation agent told me wont be getting refund.

This is very absurd and clearly this is case of cheating against me and
      also disowning from what you have spoken.

I can also claim I was forcefully made to cancel my booking since I had no
      other option.
      I had already put a complaint on their website dated 24 Feb'2016, post which there were many reminders and series of call I made to them. But no response from their side till date. This is most pathetic online travel company I have come across who don't even bother to get back to query/complaint.

Got an attached email from expedia for RS 800/0 off on any domestic flight with no restriction . The offer says the coupon applies on any domestic flight with no restriction, when you apply coupon it validates the same but when you book - it add up the discount and charges you the full amount. Took me 2 hours to explain the same to service center(expedia.co.in) and to recreate the problem and send them to even look at the problem. Booking id: [protected]

At 24 sept.2014 i called to expedia for hotel booking in shimla for the period 2-6 oct 14 and customer care executive provided me some option among which i selected one (hotel sunrise) and he made a confirm booking then amount has deducted from my bank account and i received confirmation on e mail for booking On 1st oct 2014 around 10 am in morning i received a sms on my mobile from hotel sunrise that booking is not possible for any one who booked hotel after 16th of September please contact to expedia for more detail, i called to expedia customer care they kept me wait more than 1 hour and finally said yes there are "some" problem and we will call you and provide you some alternate option in next 1 hour, but i have not recived any call even after next 2 hours, then i called again and this time again i explained all to them and they said we are transferring your call to relocation dept. but on transferring my call i kept waiting exactly 2 hours and no one picked my call, same thing happened to my next call to expedia, again executive kept me wait for 2 hours and finally transfered my call to relocation dept. this time call got picked up and a lady said sorry we do not have list for option so please contact to expedia india office i again called to expedia and after 1 hour wait executive again transfered my call to relocation dept this time same lady picked up and said i need to see and look what i can do, i told her that please take my case seriously as since morning i am trying to call but none of the i got any serious rectification, she said she will call me in some time i received a call from her and she gave me options like can you cancel this trip and go to some other dates or can you take another hotel ( which was 80 km far away from the location of shimla) i refused as it was not suitable at all, so finally she said i am dropping an e mail you may contact to the no mentioned in e mail the no was "travel guru" who are associated with expedia, i called on given no but to my surprise i got an answer from travel guru that we do not have any booking information in our system so we cant help please contact again to expedia i again contacted and by the time it was already 10 pm and i could not start my travel and it was not possible to reach shimla at 2 oct i had to lose my travel i again called expedia and asked for refund of booking cost and the loss of travel ticket cancellation but they plainly said only refund of hotel booking is possible and for other reimbursement please write mail on this and we will revert in next 7 business working days I made biggest mistake of my life booking via Expedia India i lost my holidays wasted full days calling expedia more than 10 hours in day which is not a toll free but paid call travel ticket cancellation amount and mental stress complete hell like treatment i will file a case against expedia in consumer court and fight for justice i want to share with every one this experience so one may think twice before opting expedia

I booked hotel room through expedia.co.in for 3-8-2014 to 5-8-2014 but when I was reached to the hotel, its provided wrong picture and information in expedia.co.in. It was different, totally worst. But why wrong picture is updated in the site so I have to faced lot of problem. here is the link http://www.expedia.co.in/Shimla-Hotels-Hotel-Sun-N-Snow.h3770019.Hotel-Informati...
            I purchase 2 airline tickets on Air Berlin for flights from Berlin to Salzburg. While purchasing the ticket online, there was no prompt that this was a light ticket which did NOT allow any checked in baggage. the Airline is now asking me to pay Euro 35 per each bag of 20 Kg.

First of all they should add one more phrase in their introduction. "Expedia Inc. is the world's largest online travel company with highly poor customer service." I had booked a hotel through Expedia and as Expedia claim in their booking receipt that "no need to call and confirm, your booking is confirmed". I trusted this word and didn't call hotel for the confirmation. On my arrival in hotel I found that they didn't have information of my booking. After some time they allocated me a room which was of lower category than what I booked! Moreover the package I bought was with buffet breakfast however to my surprise the hotel didn't have any in house restaurant and they do not offer any breakfast, lunch or dinner service as well! I had talk to Expedia customer support for almost 1 hour to explain them the situation and after that also only word I heard from them is "sorry we can not do anything for this. Only thing we can do is process refund." At this time they had confirmed 100% refund (verbally and by email as well) and just now I got email from expedia customer support that I won't get 100% refund. This is even after all mistakes is from Expedia! This is quite ridiculous and frustrating. Being world's largest online travel company if they can not verify hotel details and can not manage customer bookings then they should shut off their business.This is the worst experience I have ever had. My itinerary no is [protected] and complain no is REQ:S[protected].

I have been totally disappointed with the kind of response received by Expedia.Co.in. It's really surprising to know that you guys don't have any quality and compliance team in india. I understand this is your new setup and it takes time. But that doesn't mean you can take customers for granted. I had a problem from day 1 when I escalated my concerns to Mr.Shakti Hooda from Expedia India. He claimed to be the only person for escalations in entire expedia india team. Wow!! Just can't believe thats true. Well here is my short and simple story. I am getting married on 11th may 2014. I called up expedia help line. No one is interested to customize my package. Rather then asking me to go online to do so. So I raised my concern on Facebook. Next day got a call from Shakti who said will arrange a call back from one of their best executive. After 7hrs approx received a call from Salman Hashemi. He gave me the below mentioned offer, also mentioned that his shift is getting over in 20 mins (Firstly he is calling me late and telling me he has only 20mins for me)and was very happy. When I asked him can I call back 2mrw? He said the prices might change and according to his experience it can go upto 6inr to 7inr. He suggested me that his colleague will call me and NEVER MENTIONED THAT THE RATES WILL CHANGE. So I got a call from the colleague name Vinay who took my details and claimed the prices have gone up by 20k WTH!!! This was never informed to me.. Why does agents bully customers for sale.. This is a proper example for misguidance and incomplete information provided to me. Just for the greed for sales I have to suffer. No one in india is there to takecare of my concerns.. When I asked Mr.Shakti to transfer my call to Natalie Crosskey he said a direct No. Details provided by expedia : On Apr 16, 2014 5:47 PM, <[protected]@gmail.com> wrote: This e-mail contains a copy of an Expedia.co.initinerary sent by Expedia.co.in agent from puneet singh's account. For the most up-to-date information we recommend you view this itinerary online.Koh Samui, Surat Thani (2) (Change name) Proof of citizenship is required for international travel. When children are traveling, additional documentation may also be necessary. It is your responsibility to meet entry requirements for the countries you are traveling to and connecting through.Add notes for travelerItinerary number:[protected] Profile: puneet singhFor assistance call[protected] hours a day, 7 days a week. For calls from outside India, please dial +[protected] or [protected]@support.expedia.co.inSaved itemsYour holiday: Kolkata to Koh Samui (and surrounding islands)Your trip is not purchased. Book now to guarantee price and availability.Traveler and cost summary2 AdultsRs.62, 128.80 Flight taxes/fees, Taxes & FeesRs.9, 766.10TotalRs.71, 894.90Flight summaryWed 21-May-14Kolkata(CCU) Depart02:00 to Bangkok(BKK) Arrive06:101, 017 mi (1, 637 km) Duration: 2hr 40mn TG Thai Airways International Flight: 314 3Economy Class, Meal, AIRBUS INDUSTRIE A330-300 Bangkok(BKK) Depart07:45 to Ko Samui(USM) Arrive08:50290 mi (467 km) Duration: 1hr 5mn TG Thai Airways International Flight: 281 3Economy Class, Snack, Boeing 737-400 Total distance: 1, 307 mi (2, 103 km) Total duration: 3hr 45mn(5hr 20mn with connections)Mon 26-May-14Ko Samui(USM) Depart17:05 to Bangkok(BKK) Arrive18:10290 mi (467 km) Duration: 1hr 5mn TG Thai Airways International Flight: 288 3Economy Class, Snack, Boeing 737-400 Bangkok(BKK) Depart23:45 to Kolkata(CCU) Arrive00:45+1 day1, 017 mi (1, 637 km) Duration: 2hr 30mn TG Thai Airways International Flight: 313 3Economy Class, Meal, AIRBUS INDUSTRIE A330-300 Total distance: 1, 307 mi (2, 103 km) Total duration: 3hr 35mn(9hr 10mn with connections) Additional airline fees may apply at check-in Fees may be charged by airlines for services such as preferred seat selection and baggage handling. Please note that fees are determined by the airline you check in with and may change at anytime. See fees. Hotel summaryWed 21-May-2014 (5 nights)KC Beach Club & Pool Villas11/9 Moo 2, Chaweng Beach Koh Samui, Surat Thani 84320 Thailand Check in: Wed 21-May-2014 Check out: Mon 26-May-2014 Reservation questions:[protected] hours, seven days a week. For calls from outside India, please dial +[protected] For other information contact the hotel: Tel:[protected] Fax:[protected]Hotel Class:More lodging infoRoom description: Luxury Room, Sea View Includes: Free Wireless Internet, Breakfast for 2 Unless specified otherwise, rates are quoted in Indian rupees.The price you selected DOES NOT include any applicable service fees, charges for optional incidentals (such as minibar snacks or telephone calls) or regulatory surcharges. The lodging facility will assess these fees, charges and surcharges upon check-out.Rules and restrictions1. Before you book and pay for your Products or Services from Expedia 1.1 Your use of Products or Services from Expedia When you confirm a booking you must tick the box accepting these Rules and Restrictions and the Expedia.co.in Website Terms o[censored]se, and by doing this you are confirming that you understand and have accepted Expedia’s booking conditions. 1.2 Expedia hotel and holiday information We try to ensure that our information contained on Expedia.co.in is accurate and up-to-date. However, we recommend that you verify the information before acting on it, checking the relevant hotel information page on Expedia.co.in. 1.3 Passports and Visas All travellers wishing to enter or transit through the USA under the Visa Waiver Program (VWP) must apply for authorisation to travel using the Electronic System for Travel Authorisation (ESTA). Please allow sufficient time when making an ESTA application. It is recommended that such an application is made at least 72 hours before departure. For further information please click here. Register through ESTA here. Passports. The information in this section is valid for Indian citizens only. Non-Indian citizens should consult the Embassy of their destination country and the Ministry of External Affairs regarding any special documentation for the countries they are visiting or for return to India.Some foreign countries have an immigration requirement that your passport is valid for a minimum period after you enter that country, typically 6 months. If your passport is in its final year of validity, we advise you confirm the requirements of the destination before making final travel plans. You should apply for a passport or to renew an expired passport at least four weeks before travelling. The Consular Passport and Visa Division – Ministry of External Affairs can provide further information at web site:www.passport.nic.in Passports for children: In India, children cannot be included in an adult's passport. Each child, including a newborn infant, must be issued with their own passport. This can be done by applying to the relevant passport office. An Indian citizen will be considered to be a child if: • the citizen is under 18 years of age; and • has never been married. Names: The name on the passport must match the name on the ticket, otherwise you may not be able to travel and insurance may be invalid. If, after purchasing products or services but before travelling, any member of your party changes their name, e.g. as a result of getting married, we must be notified immediately so that we can make the necessary changes to your documentation, subject to airline rules and regulations. This may incur additional charges. Visas: It is the responsibility of the travellers to obtain information and advice on the visa requirements of the countries you propose to visit. Indian citizens should contact the nearest embassy, high commission or consulate of the country they intend to visit well in advance of travel. Please note: Passport and visa regulations can change and you should therefore check with the relevant embassy well in advance of travel. It is your responsibility to be in possession of a valid passport and, if appropriate, a visa. It can often take some time to obtain a visa, so you are advised to apply in plenty of time. We accept no responsibility for customers who do not possess the correct documents. The Consular Passport and Visa Division – Ministry of External Affairs may be able to provide some assistance in relation to the visa requirements for your destination. The Consular Passport and Visa Division can be contacted at www.passport.nic.in. 1.4 Public Holidays Virtually all countries have public holidays, religious or otherwise. The festivities may temporarily disrupt your travel plans and some religious holidays such as Ramadan, which affects many Muslim countries, may result in a reduction of facilities and entertainment. Others may result in traffic congestion, closure of shops, restaurants and facilities. We suggest that you take this into consideration when selecting your departure date. 1.5 Other hotel guests Many hotels, especially in cities and major resorts, accommodate conventions and conferences. Also, at certain times of the year, some destinations have an influx of groups such as students, associations or clubs. We do not have exclusive use of all properties featured by us on Expedia.co.in. The hotels we feature are shared with guests from many countries with different cultures and customs and of mixed age groups. We have no control over the acceptance of bookings at the hotels we feature. We are therefore unable to accept responsibility for any limitation of facilities due to such groups or inconvenience that their activities may cause you. 1.6 Meals We include the most up-to-date information we have about meal services in our descriptions, but occasionally arrangements will change and we have no control over this. Meals, if included, are based on standard menus and will be clearly stated on the hotel information page if they are included in the price. Bookings which include main meals generally commence with dinner on the day of arrival at your hotel and terminate with breakfast (on half board) or lunch (on full board) on the day of departure. No refunds on meals not taken can be given. Special diets of any kind (including vegetarian) can seldom be catered for adequately within the constraints of a standard menu and cannot be guaranteed. 1.7 Flight seat requests We strongly recommend (particularly if you are flying economy class), that you check in early if you have particular seat requests. We have no control over the allocation of seats, even if pre-booked with the airline, and can make no guarantee that specific seats will be available on departure. 1.8 Direct/Non Direct flights Certain flight routes offered by us may be used on special fares which offer the best price, which do not necessarily take the most direct route. Some itineraries require a change of aircraft en-route. A flight that is described as direct is one where there is no need to change aircraft during the journey. However, stops may be made en-route for re-fuelling or to let passengers on and/or off. Details of any stops will be given during your booking process and are clearly identified both on Expedia.co.in and on your itinerary which will be sent to you when you confirm your booking. 1.9 Flying times The times given are given on the 24 hour clock system, approximate and based on outbound flights. They may vary depending on flight schedules, type of aircraft, weather conditions etc., and are indications of the hours spent actually flying (excluding time on the ground during stops en-route or when changing aircraft) and are therefore given for guidance only and are subject to alteration and confirmation. 1.10 Disabled customers Because of the nature of destinations, many lack even the simplest facilities such as ramps for wheelchairs, lifts etc. We provide basic information on the facilities of each property featured by us but we strongly suggest that you check out individual hotels facilities for the disabled before booking. Please note that if special arrangements need to be made for you an extra charge may be levied. 1.11 Pregnancy and infants Regulations vary with each airline, but some will refuse to carry women who will be 28 weeks or more pregnant on the date of return travel. If in doubt, please check with the airline concerned and consult your doctor. Infants must be 6 weeks old or more to travel by air and must either sit on an adult's lap or occupy an infant seat. Please contact the airline you are travelling with for details of appropriate seats. Generally children aged 2 years or more must occupy a seat. 1.12 Weather As the weather is so unpredictable we cannot be held responsible for disruption to your travel plans due to bad or unusual weather conditions. For more details on the temperature and rainfall in our destinations, please see the weather section of the relevant country on Expedia.co.in. 2. Booking and paying 2.1 Expedia Bookings You can book our products and services and take up the offers by us advertised onExpedia.co.in if they are still available. There may be other restrictions on some offers, but these are explained in the details of those offers. You will be sent a confirmation e-mail clearly defining the details of the products or services you have booked and this will also be added to “My Itineraries”. If any detail on it is not correct, you need to tell Expedia.co.incustomer service immediately by calling[protected], +[protected]. 2.2 Prices All prices are in Indian Rupees (except where noted). The price of the products and services are constantly reviewed and may go up or down. This enables Expedia and its affiliates to offer the most competitive price to you. The actual price will depend upon a number of factors including: 1) the date when you booked the products and/or services; 2) the accommodation you choose; 3) your departure date; 4) the length of your stay; 5) whether a Saturday night is included.Expedia.co.in allows you to check availability and gives you up-to–the-minute pricing of your chosen products and services before making your booking. Please check all prices and information before making your booking. Visa fees, overseas airport taxes, any government taxes and/or compulsory charges are not included in prices but will be disclosed. Baggage allowances and fees vary from carrier to carrier. It is the responsibility of the passenger to check the baggage allowances for the relevant carrier and whether any baggage fees may apply including, without limitation, checked or excess baggage fees. Your total trip price may not include baggage fees charged directly by the carrier or at the airport. Expedia Travel is not liable for any baggage fees charged by the carrier or at the airport. Expedia Travel has no responsibility for mishandling of, or loss or damage to, baggage by the carrier or any third-party. 2.3 Paying for your products and services When you use Expedia.co.in to book products and services made available through Expedia, we will ask you to provide details regarding the payment method you select in order to pay for the products and/or services. If there are problems with payment confirmation that prevent us from collecting the payment, you will not be able to complete the booking and we will not collect any money. 2.4 Insurance It is advised that you have insurance coverage and that it is adequate for your needs. You should ensure that any policy you arrange yourself provides a level of cover sufficient for your needs. 2.5 Travel information and documents Before departure you will receive your flight tickets together with an itinerary or an e-ticket provided by the airline. However, in the case of late payment and/or late bookings, tickets may be e-ticket or handed to you at the airport on departure. Please ensure that you check the flight timings on your tickets carefully. 2.6 Changes to your itinerary On occasion, changes must be made to your itinerary, for example, if a hotel advises Expedia it is closing for a specific period or an airline cancels a flight or a route. We reserve the right to do this at any time. We will let you know about any important changes when you book. If you have already booked, we will let you know as soon as we can, if there is time before your departure. Your invoice will show the latest planned timings. Please note – your actual flight timings will be shown on your tickets, and you should check these carefully as soon as you get them. In the event of a material change to your itinerary that is beyond our control, for example if an airline changes its arrival or departure times or if a hotel is unable to accommodate you, and such change results in your travel plans costing more or otherwise being materially different from that originally booked, you may cancel your booking and receive a full refund of any money you have paid less any charges by suppliers that are not refunded. 2.7 Without limiting these Rules and Restrictions and the Expedia.co.in Website Terms o[censored]se, in respect of carriage by air, sea and rail and the provision of accommodation, our liability in all cases will also be limited in accordance with the relevant international conventions: Warsaw Convention (applies to transport by air), the Athens Convention (applies to transport by ship), the Berne Convention (applies to transport by rail) and the Geneva Convention (applies to transport by road). It is important to note that travel with a particular carrier will be subject to both the Conventions and the conditions of carriage of that carrier, some of which may limit or exclude liability. Operational decisions may be taken by air carriers and airports resulting in delays, diversions or rescheduling. Expedia and its affiliates have no control over such decisions, and are therefore unable to accept responsibility for them. If Expedia or any of its affiliates makes any payment to you or any member of your party for death, personal injury or illness, you must give Expedia and its affiliates or our insurers the rights you may have to take action against the person or organisation responsible for causing the death, personal injury or illness. Our suppliers (such as accommodation or transport providers) have their own booking conditions or conditions of carriage, and these conditions are binding between you and the supplier. Some of these conditions may limit or remove the relevant transport provider's or other supplier's liability to you. 2.8 Changing your booking If you want to change any details of your itinerary (such as changing to a different hotel or changing your departure date or airport), we will do our best to help but cannot guarantee that changes can be made. You must call our Service Centre on[protected], +[protected]. We charge an 'amendment fee' for each person named on the booking and for each detail of the booking which you change. You must provide a valid credit or international debit card to pay for these changes regardless of the original form of payment used on your booking. These amendment charges are in addition to any charges passed on to Expedia by our suppliers such as airlines and hotels. Scheduled airlines normally regard name changes as a cancellation and rebooking, and any alteration may incur up to a 100% cancellation charge. The price of your new arrangements will be based on the prices that apply on the day you ask for the change. These prices may not be the same as when you booked the products or services. If the change means we must send you new tickets, we cannot give you any refund until we have received all your old travel documents, including tickets. Some types of accommodation (such as apartments, or hotel rooms with reductions for three adults) are priced according to the number of people staying there. If your booking changes because someone in your party cancels, we will recalculate the cost based on the new number of people going. If fewer people share the accommodation, then the cost for them may go up. 2.9 Canceling your holiday As all Expedia Holidays are booked using schedule flights, it will not be possible to cancel your holiday without losing 100% of the cost of the holiday. 2.10 Complaints We will try and settle any complaints quickly and fairly and all correspondence should be sent to : Expedia.co.in 4th Floor, Augusta Point, DLF Golf Course Road, Sector 53, Gurgaon – 122002, India 3. Expedia terms and conditions for packages including Car Hire 3.1 Driver age Drivers must usually be aged between 25 and 65 although this can vary from country to country. 3.2 Local laws apply Cars hired may be are subject to applicable local laws, regulations and other terms and conditions applicable locally. 3.3 Licence on collection All drivers must display produce a full valid driving licence when taking delivery of the hire car. 3.4 Minimum age of licence The driving licence must be held for at least one year although this may vary from country to country, (for example 3 years in Cyprus). 3.5 Excesses applicable for damage An excess amount may be applicable in the event of theft or damage to the hire car. This will vary depending on the car group and country of rental. You acknowledge that in no event shall Expedia be liable for such excess or provision of additional insurance as detailed or otherwise. 3.6 Credit card as deposit A credit card swipe will be taken as a deposit on collection of the hire car. 3.7 Additional charges Additional charges may be payable locally such as refuelling, additional driver charges, young driver surcharge and delivery and collection fees. You acknowledge that in no event shall Expedia be liable for such additional charges as detailed or otherwise. 3.8 Child seats Child seats are available on request and are payable locally. 3.9 Petrol Petrol is usually not included in the hire tariff. This will vary depending on the car group and country of rental and you should check this. 3.10 Refunds No refunds apply on un-utilised rental days. You acknowledge that in no event shall Expedia or its affiliates be liable for such car hire refunds as detailed or otherwise. Options for this itemBook this trip.Search for a different trip to this destination. AAE Travel Pte. Ltd. 50 Raffles Place #32-01 Singapore Land Tower Singapore 048623 GST Registration Number:[protected]M Date of booking 16-Apr-2014 Visa Assistance As a valued customer ofExpedia.co.in, you now have access to Expedia Visa Assistance by Thomas Cook. Expedia Visa Assistance is delighted to waive the normal visa handling charge, all other fees related to the visa application, including courier charges and embassy and consulate fees, will be borne by you. Please click here to apply for this service. Health & Safety Emergency contact - Post Departure: In the event of a major emergency, you should first contact the local emergency services. We recommend that you obtain the local emergency services number prior to your departure or request the number from the accommodation in which you are staying. Thank you for choosing Expedia.co.in.What's your perfect trip?http://www.expedia.co.in/pubspec/scripts/eap.asp?goto=jump&eapid=0-27&a... Regards, Puneet Upadhyay

Expedia.co.in Recent Comments