Cafe Coffee Day

#23/2, Vittal Mallya Road
Bangalore North
Bangalore District
Karnataka

1800 102 5093  (Head Office)
1860 500 4422  (Helpline)

+91 80 4001 2345  (Head Office)

Sonkatch

Inside Rustomjee Business School, Rustom Irani Marg, Mumbai, Maharashtra

Phoenix Paragone Plaza
Shop No. U-40, Phoenix Paragone Plaza, Mumbai, Maharashtra

Peninsula Business Park
Peninsula Business Park, P5, Food Court, Mumbai, Maharashtra.

Tilaknagar

Thu 09:00 am - 06:00 pm
Fri 09:00 am - 06:00 pm
Sat 09:00 am - 06:00 pm
Sun Closed

Cafe Coffee Day related photos (226)

Complaints with pictures are more trusted and informative    View all

Cafe Coffee Day Complaints & Reviews

aswathy anil

I had a bad experience with cafe coffee which is in sarjapur total mall... we ordered two cappuchino, one chicken tikka and paneer tikka sandwich... we ate it and came back home after which we started to vomit... consulted doctor and he told its food poision which is affected due to spoilt sandwich!!!!!

We were bed ridden for two days because of the crap sandwich served for us.... i was a regular customer of cafe coffee day... anyway this bad experience make me still sick even i see the board of cafe coffee day...

janwar 123456789
    sir

31 january 2011 i went in cafe coffee day varanasi .& there store incharge his name's Harish tiwari .he was abused on me.which was not good .& he served spoilet food when i told him it' not good then he told me it's good and after that he abuse me.

so kindly request change the store incharge .
    take strict action for him

alok vishwakarma

store incharge
    Recently i visited one of the Tea shop with my friend and ordered 2 tea.
    After 2 or 3 minutes one guy came with 2 glasses of tea in one hand an 3 glasses in the other hand.
    I was shocked when I saw that he put his two fingers inside the tea glasses and his finger were so dirty with long nails filled with some black matter inside the nail.
    i couldn't control myself, and asked him, "hey, what is this? why the hell you put your fingers inside the tea glass? do you know this is drinkable?
    he replied, Oh i supposed to learn from London for supplying tea? drink or leave it!
    To my surprise, the other guys were drinking the tea and advised me not to create problem! And they said what if the guy put something inside the tea glass without our knowledge in the kitchen?
    Even in the hotels they never follow the hygiene standards. Beware of such places!

KPragna
      I had visited the Cafe Coffee Day store on 10th Jan 2011 (today) at 1400 hrs and ordered for a chicken tikka sandwich and a darjeeling tea. The sandwich was served (two pairs of bread with chicken in between). I had eaten one of the two breads and when i took the second piece of sandwich from the plate, i found FUNGUS under the bread! I checked the bread in my hand and found fungus on that too. The fungus was very conspicuous (white and black in colour like cotton) and nobody dealing with the food could have missed it. I showed this to the manager but he didnt have an answer to this. He silently cleared it from my table and got back to his work. Not a word of apology or a sign of guilt from him.!
      The damage is already done. I had already eaten half the sandwich. I finished the tea, paid for the tea alone (not for the sandwich) and headed back to work and found myself filled with nausea and ended up vomiting the whole thing out.
      I have been a regular visitor to the store and have always found the store empty. With not much traffic in the store, i understand, food is not circulated as much as it should be. But that doesn't mean rotten food is served to public.
      Hope CCD does something about this.

Modern-white sandwich bread — Poor quality

I recieved a packet of bread which i opened and saw a number of dead red ants...........
      the packet was completely sealed when i opened it..
      My sister me and my nephew and neice had snacks at Cafe Coffee Day resturaunt at GALLERIA DLF PH-IV Gurgaon on 1st August 2010. We had ordered Hot Dog, Chicken Keema Kulcha, Paneer Sandwich, Cold Coffee , Hot Choclate . bill was Rs.604/-

The food served was stale and the same evening all o[censored]s suffered with bad stomach aches and loosies.

I was shocked from this incident and have taken a vow to boycott Cafe Coffee day and are telling all my freinds to boycott .

Ashwini
      [protected]@itimes.com
      ...i agree with you..now i'm like big "NO NO NO" if i see cafe coffee day whenever i go out...
      I along with my husband went to CIPS market ludhiana CCD today i.e 23/09/11. Really had a very bad food and coffee. We ordered one brownie, one spinach corn sandwich with one cold and one hot coffee. Brownie was not heated properly, Sandwich was of low quality and was prepared with ordinary white bread. Cold coffee tasted as an ordinary home made one and hot coffee was a real yuk one. When we complained at the payment counter the attendant rudely replied that is everywhere served in CCDS. What a attitude these people have.

chetanhn

This is a complaint regarding the Cafe Coffee outlet (in the visitor waiting area) I visited in the Bangalore International Airport on 2/01/2011 in morning 4:00 AM. The personnel tried to dupe me by first not giving bill and claiming extra charges in the name of some Charity.

Modus Operandi

1. Ask for order and tell customer the final amount. Tell the customer to collect the order and he says he will give the bill later
        2. Many people just forget the bill later and go off. When i demanded the bill later, the personnel generated the bill then. It showed Rs 10 lesser than what i had paid earlier

3. He said the extra Rs 10 is for some akshaya patra charity

4. On demanding an explanation for all this he just ignores me and goes to serve other customers.

Please look into this matter as it might affect the reputation of the Cafe coffee day brand. Bangalore airport caters high profile guests and it would put a scar on the cafe coffee day brand because of all this

Chetan
        I had same experience last week. I asked for Cappuccino Grande and gave him Rs. 100. He said it is for Rs. 100. I saw the price as 79. First he said Rs. 21 is tax but did not give the bill. I insisted on bill. He then gave me a bill which showed Rs. 88 as coffee and Rs. 12 as tax. When I asked the difference between Rs. 79 and Rs. 88, he first said that it is tax, but then quickly changed it to that rates have changed now. I threatened him with complaint, but he was least bothered

kanyagurung
          Place: Inside Rajiv Chowk Metro Station
          Date: 23rd September 2010
          Time: 5:15pm

Problem: My 3year old baby fell sleep in between our journey, so i took her inside Cafe coffee day, though we were full but still we had some snacks, coffee (Total bill 325). I wanted to comfort my small toddler for an hour. But to my surprise, inspite of being such branded outlet the stewards treated us very badly as if we were messing up their invironment. they gave us check without asking and even the meal was not yet finished. and in every 2 minutes one or the other steward kept coming saying "do you want to order more" we said " no we are over...let our baby wake up then we'll move" but they didnt' try to understand our problem and acted as if they are into money making rather than keeping respect to theri "brand" cafe coffee day...finally a steward named "kamal" (i suppose but not very sure) crossed every possible limit by saying "you now can't stay for more than 10minutes"...

IS THIS THE WAY OF HANDELLING GUESTS????
          IS THIS HOW THE STEWARDS OF SUCH BRANDED OUTLETS ARE TRAINED???
          WAS I WRONG THAT SUCH BRANDED OUTLET ARE RECOGNISED WITH THEIR QUALITY SERVICE??
          SEEMS THE STAFFS WERE WORSE THAN ROADSIDE "THELAWAL"

Rude staffs...not professional
          They are into business and not charity.
          Also if your kid needs rest, Hotel/Lounge is the right place, not a CCD or McD
          This is common practice acrosse world to let overstaying guest know that they have their occupancy limitations.

By the way I am not from CCD.
          all they need is your money...

Since Justice is not there in India... corporates can do anything(atleast most of the times)...

Don't be suprised if you got mugged at the store(by employees).

No wonder why Naxals are spreading out

er.manav
            DEAR SIR
            cock roch served in browni at mout abu ccd. contact zonal head but no reply or action taken
            below copying mail copy

Sub: Customer Complaint
            As per the above mentioned subject, I regretfully inform you that I have been a victim of a life risking experience in one of your café coffee day (ccd) outlet, situated in Mount Abu in the state of Rajasthan on 12th May, 2010. The experience I underwent was very terrifying and never experienced by me before this date.
            Following are some grievances that I have from the company:
            1) I am a pure vegetarian but was served a brownie with a cockroach baked inside it.
            2) I rightfully requested the ccd staff for the bill of the same but was denied. Instead they tried to bribe me with a packet of cookies in order to put an end to the matter there itself.
            3) I rightfully requested the ccd staff to seal pack the cockroach filled brownie and give it to me so as to enable me take some legal action after getting it tested in a laboratory but was outright denied.
            4) The ccd staff tried to tamper the evidence but luckily I took some pictures as well as a few videos of the whole thing before they actually did something like that.
            5) The local vendor of ccd (Mt. Abu) accompanied by two other men threatened us not to take any legal actions in this matter.
            6) Moreover I requested the ccd staff that I wanted to buy some other snacks and check them but was refused straight away.
            7) When I spoke to Mr. Mahendra, he communicated to me that the zonal head of ccd Gujarat will be calling me in a day or two but he called me after 8-10 days of my conversation with Mr. Mahendra.
            8) I met Mr. Balaji at ccd (Motera) and in the beginning of the meeting he was extremely polite but after noticing that we were not going to let such an irresponsible behavior from a multi-continent company go away so easily his behavior turned out to be extremely rude.
            9) I requested Mr. Balaji to furnish me a report for the standards that your company follows before giving someone the vendorship along with the criteria where the vendor of ccd (Mt. Abu) failed but he outright denied me for giving the same.
            10) It’s been more than 10 days that I met Mr. Balaji for this matter and till date there has been no response from him or any one else from the company.
            From the above mentioned experience of mine, I assume that your company doesn’t take customer complaints seriously. Moreover the officers of the company do not even try communicating anything properly to the aggrieved customer and take such serious matters very frivolously.
            I hereby request your good-self to take this matter seriously as life of a customer is at stake and such things cannot be taken frivolously. Moreover I request your good-self to communicate the company’s intentions to me otherwise within reasonable time otherwise I will be forced to move to the Court of Law or even media to enlighten the public about such irresponsible behavior from such a big brand like ccd.
            Thanking You

Yours truly
            Mr. Manav Bhandari
            (Aggrieved Customer)

SERVED COCKROACH IN BROWNIE
            Hello
            I have also suffered by the bad food quality of
            ccd products. i like chocolate fantasy (ccd product)
            and i tried it in many outlets of ccd unfortunately
            many outlets served old and some bad taste chocolate fantasy and when i complained they told that the food is proper, i use to have it every week in a particular outlet
            i know how the taste is, they use to make us fool by stating that it is fresh and the taste is good upon which we have to pay for such a bad taste. i request to consider this and try to uplift the standard of food quality and maintain it.
            I agree that the ccd standards are going down. I have been visiting a paticular ccd in my area. I was pretty happy with the quality and the customer service. However, today's experience was really bad. I ordered for a Mochachillo, and the coffee I got was just untasteful served with a very bad attitude. Since I have been a regular ccd goer I can always tell if the coffe is made correct. In this instance i had to return the coffe three times, still I was served with the same coffee. I told the attendant that I will not pay for the coffee, but very arrogantly he gave us the bill and even argued about coffee being correctly made. The first time I tasted the coffee it was hot! I never knew there was a hot Mochachillo !!! and there was no taste or flavour of coffee. I thought the local restaurants serve better cold coffee for half the price. On asking for the Name and contact of the supervisor, we got a number which was unreachable. CCD is the one Indian brnad am proud of, please ensure that CCD doesn't die coz of competition from brands like Starbucks!!!

biswajit_nayak
              With Reference to my PF forms which I had filled to My ex company.. Cafe Coffee Day and got my part of PF money as in one instalment.As it comes in two instalment I am sure half of that is yet to come to my account.I ve all the deails by mail with the concerned people department for the same.
              Its been more than a month that my partly amount been received ,but what about my next instalment.No information on that..As I have other commitments to my Family in moneytary matter I am suffering a lot.
              This is not the way to harras any individual who has a lot of plans on PF money.It seems there is some problem lying with PF office organisation.Kindly help me.
              PLS CONTACT ME ......Biswajit Nayak.
              cell.. .[protected].
              PF NO....KNPN[protected]
              Cafe Coffee Day,ABCTCL,(H.O) Bangalore
              EMP CODE....A 3995
              [protected]@yahoo.com.

Cafe Coffee Day — Franchise Deposit Refund [Resolved]

swapna
                We have taken a Franchise of Cafe Coffee day paying 3,00,00/- Three Lakhs.
                Agreement ended in November 2009, and since...

Tharun Kumar
                Hi, I am Tharun Kumar, I have a very bad experience with CCD R T Nagar Bangalore, which is located close to R T Nagar BDA Complex. I was sitting with a friend of and ordered for a hot coffee regular, though the service was late, later, we the manager of the CCD, whose name is " Naveed Ahmend " purposefully made a family sit in our chairs and indirectly, showed us the door to go out. I have been several times in the same coffee day, service is really pathetic, and this time it was heights. This incident happened on 21/31/10.
                The waiter named Manu picked up my half glass filled of coffee and gave me the reason that people are waiting outside and that I cannot sit more than 20 minutes on Saturdays during evening hours. The cafe coffee day located at Bandra carter road. I order for Topical ice berg and water bottle. However, from last three saturdays Manu, the waiter told me that the tropical iceberg was not available. He directed me for some expensive items costing more than Rs.100/- Is it not an ill treatment? Besides no watch room. Barista seems more better in comparison. Can anyone tell me what grade are been given to Cafe Coffee day? What does that say?
                hi am nitesh murjani today i went to ccd in jodhpur(rajasthan) at ratanada der was a waiter i just told him ki y r u nt cming to take our order v r here for last 30min he jus told me ki u can leave... wat da hell is dis?? is dis a way?????pls do smething against it...other it will b insult to our selfs n dey will do the same thing again n again n insult the customers...
                cafe coffee day...needs to train their staffs...they are just mannerless...i have heard from many of my friends such types of problems...

outdoor catering service

AS PER MY COMPLAINT SENT YESTERDAY.I RECIEVED A CALL FROM MR ASHISH AND I ACCEPTED HIS APOLOGY REGARDING MY COMPLAINT. I HOPE CAFE COFFE DAY TAKES BETTER CARE IN THE FUTURE.

Cafe Coffee Day — Tax Rate charged [Resolved]

Pankaj sarda
                  I had my coffee at Cafe Coffee Day, Nirmal LifeStyle, Mulund, Mumbai-79. the tax which they charged my is at the rate of 12.5%...

Shubham Gupta
                  As a consumer of CCD products it has been noticed by and large in the outlets that the Service tax that is charged by them is 12.36% instead of 10.36% w.e.f 24th Feb 09.This is clearly stating that CCD is charging 2% extra from the consumers till date.
                  I would be really thankful if my request is heard and taken care of.

Date:21.10.2009

janardan mehta
                    on 21st september i went to crossword,vadodara.
                    there is a CCD outlet on the first floor of the crossword.

i ordered "tropical iceberg".

the printed price on the menu was 47rs.

in the bill they showed basic price 109rs. and adding taxes and all the gross amount i had to pay was 125rs!!!

total injustice.i request the govt. to get rid of CCD outlet.
                    i have the bill as a proof.
                    Yes all items are overpriced, I was charged an additional 10 Rs for some certificate which I had not asked for.
                    They obviously don't even know what they are selling, each time I am ordering an Vegan Shake they ask me if I want icecream with it or cream on top of it...

The management should be more careful with their choice of so-called Baristas... Often enough I feel my appearance as a disturbance

Regarding the overpricing...I got used to...complain about that

I wish all their Baristas would be as capable as the Goans in Candolim or Miramar!

Regarding the overpricing...I got used to...complain about that

Dear Sir/s,
                    We three of friends has visited Cafe-Coffee Day outlet on Pune-Mumbai Express way while returning from pune to mumbai after toll naka on 27/02/10 in between 19:30 to 20:30 hrs. and I was having a Palak corn Sandwich (only one piece was left) and coffee. After eating the same I am now suffering from food poisoning and still I am under the treatment of Dr. Anup Shah @ Ghatkopar (E). I have lot of weakness due to loose-motions and the fever.
                    regards:
                    Bharat Ajmera - [protected]
                    CCD carter road... Coffee is like cold milk.. one has had to repeatedly ask for Coffee not milk.You have to keep asking two or even 3 times for the bill as u want to leave and would like to pay.Maybe it s a stratergy to avoid giving bills. 4 times over I have been quoted an amount payable without a bill.When I insisted on a bill I am told. " it will take time, our machine is not working properly" Where is the cash without bills going?

They are saving on coffee shots by giving us substandard coffee which has no coffee flavour unless returned.

No bills given unless insisited upon

Delay in giving bills so that the customer leaves in a hurry when the waiters finally do decide to charge--- that too without a bill but a verbal amount quoted.Disgusting.Taking the company and customers for a ride

ONKAR SHUKLA
                      I, along with my father, was travelling from Mumbai to Delhi, yesterday evening i.e. 22nd July, 2009, by Go Air, Flight no G8-375
                      After the flight took off, I ordered a Veg-roll (a product of Café Coffee Day) and juice and paid for it. As a normal routine, before eating, I checked my pack to confirm if it was veg. Was happy to see ‘VEG’ written on the cover clearly. While eating I found its taste unfamiliar but I ignored it for a while. Casually, just to confirm, I checked the pack again and was relieved to see ‘veg-roll’ written on it. I continued having it until I found my doubt turning into reality. I couldn’t believe my eyes. We are staunch Hindu Brahmins and it was shocking for me to find meat pieces in my veg-roll. This puts a big question mark on quality/process system of Café Coffee Day.
                      We showed it to cabin crew and wanted a complaint book in which we could register our complaint. Our purpose was bringing this into the notice of the concerned people/management, who could take proper action to make sure that this does not happen to anyone again. The crew neither provided us with a complaint book nor registered our protest about the supply of Non-veg roll under the printed cover of a veg-roll.
                      The concerned gentleman continued to buy time with unnecessary arguments and avoided giving us the complaint book. There were few fellow passengers who supported our cause but they were also brushed aside by the concerned person.
                      By this time the plane landed at the Delhi Domestic Airport. We requested the concerned gentleman to allow us to meet the captain of the plane so that we could at least verbally lodge our complaint about the incident. He said he will make the interview possible with the captain and asked us to take our seats while other passengers starting vacating the aircraft. He kept us waiting. After all the passengers had left the plane, to our surprise, we found seven security men, wearing the Go Air badge, entering the plain cabin. They came to us and asked us to vacate the air craft immediately and were very rude to us. We enquired with the concerned cabin crew as to why/where did these seven security men come from and why were they being rude to us. Instead of apologizing, answering or helping the crew simply stood, witnessing us leaving the aircraft when he was the one who had asked us to wait for the captain to emerge but instead called the security men to eject us out of the plane. This was not fair. We didn’t deserve this treatment after what had happened with us. We left the plane under protest, registered our case at the Delhi Airport with the manager of the Airport Authority of India and returned home quite disturbed by the incident. This is a culpable offence on the part of Go Air and Café Coffee Day put together, to hurt religious Hindu sentiments and treat their passengers in an inhumane manner.
                      It happened with me but can happen to someone else too.
                      Dear Mr. Onkar,

Sue the Airline. Illtreatment is not human mistake and unacceptable at any point.

Vivek Singh

Shashikant Pathak

As per service tax notification "Service tax NOTIFICATION NO 8/2009" announced on 24th Feb 2009, the rates were reduced from 12% to 10%.

I have noticed that same has not been implemented on ground even today. The service providers continue to levy the old rates from customer which an illegal practice. As i say most service providers i can quote few Dominos, Cafe coffee day whom i have also requested on several occasions but that was all in vain.

I would like to register a complaint against all these service providers whose bills are with me and they continue to charge an extra 2%

OMGAWWWWWWD !!!
                        not an entire 2% *cry*
                        Also, an FDI report of 2008 showed ccd chicken burgers had rat blood in them.
                        I ordered tropical iceberg costing 47rs(printed price on the menu).

in the bill they showed basic price of d coffee as 109rs. and then they added tax and i had to pay sum of 125rs.!!!

Cafe Coffee Day — I DIDN'T GET PAN CARD [Resolved]

THIYAGARAJAN NATARAJAN
                          Dear sir

I applied the pan card last year june i got a pan card no through agencies AFQPN6927E But...