Calcutta Electric Supply Corporation [CESC]

Contact Details

Kolkata Electricity Supply Helpline Numbers

Electricity Supply Emergency

Electricity Supply CESC

Electricity Supply CESC (Control)

Electricity Supply CESC (Kolkata North Zone)

Electricity Supply CESC (North Suburban)

Electricity Supply CESC (South Zone)

Electricity Supply CESC (Any problem of Local Consumers Central)

Electricity Supply CESC (Any problem of Local Consumers North)

Electricity Supply CESC (Any problem of Local Consumers South West)

Electricity Supply CESC (Any problem of Local Consumers South)

Electricity Supply CESC (Consumer Grievance Cell)

Electricity Supply CESC (Howrah)

Electricity Supply CESC (North Suburban District)

Electricity Supply CESC (North Zone)

Electricity Supply CESC (South West Zone)

Electricity Supply CESC (Southern Zone)

Electricity Supply CESC (West Zone)

Electricity Supply Kolkata Electric Supply Corporation Of India Ltd

Electricity Supply WBSEB (Complaints & Service Cell)

Electricity Supply WBSEB (Complaints & Service Cell)

Electricity Supply WBSEB (Control)
+91 33 2359 1930

View More Information...

2077
Load

Calcutta Electric Supply Corporation [CESC] Complaints & Reviews

This is regarding Consumer no - [protected].
My electricity bill used to come around[protected] during summer and 800-1200 INR in winter in last 3-4 years apart from CESC charging high bill during oct-nov for no reason but Pujo.This year the bill is coming around 2500 INR when there is no AC used and even fans not used much due to pleasant weather.I am receiving 2000 + bill from last 3 months which is unreasonably high.Either they are making meters faulty or for some other reasons...this is unacceptable.I am planning to take this matter on court if this does not get resolved here.This is not just the case with me, I have collected similar stories from around 12 neighbors which makes my case really strong.
Nov 21, 2020

Calcutta Electric Supply Corporation [CESC] customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

I wish to update my mobile number [protected] in my customer Id [protected] urgently...

As i stay in Bangalore and my wife was away in Sydney for 5 months

our flat in Kolkata was looked after by our household help and

and surprisingly our bills were exorbitantly coming very high

The bill for the month of October 20 is Rs 6900

Request to urgently look into matter
    Nov 21, 2020

Sir, customer id: [protected]

consumer no:[protected]

name: mr arun sen gupta

...

I have paid all previous bills but every 3rd month the bill is generated very high.
      In the month of June 2020 the bill was Rs. 2440 units consumed: 383
      In the month of July 2020 the bill was Rs. 150 units consumed: 25
      In the month of August 2020 the bill was Rs. 420 units consumed: 71
      But the In the month of September 2020 I have got the bill of Rs. 2610 units consumed: 384.
      I have paid all the bills except the month of September. How can it possible the bill is so fluctuated in every 3rd month and there is not mentioned the Previous Meter Reading & Present Meter Reading in the bill.
      Please correct the bill to pay the within due date. Kindly take the necessary steps as soon as possible.
      Excess bill in the month of June
      Excess bill in the month of June
      Nov 19, 2020

Hello Team,
        I had placed Voluntary disconnect of my supply and the same was completed successfully.However one illegal occupant is trying to restore a new connection for the same premise without legal documents and without landlord consent.Please find the below details
        Address:- 28 Prasanna Naskar Lane Kolkata 700039
        Consumer Id of disconnected meter :- [protected]
        Landlord Name : Surendra Singh
        Please let us know how to stop this illegal new connection against my permission
        Nov 18, 2020

This is Md Saddam Khan (Consumer ID No.[protected])Residence of 10/1/1 Phears Lane Kolkata 700012.
          This is to inform you that since June 2020 till Sep 2020(Latest) I am receiving an EXCESS AMOUNT on my Monthly Bill as normal Months.
          I am really concern about the METER FAULTY or POWER THEFT or any other reasons for the EXCESS AMOUNT of bill which is being generated.
          Kindly look into the matter AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.Send A person From Your end to check and RESOLVE the FAULT or POWER THEFT.
          Nov 18, 2020

It has been noticed today morning while your representative came to my house to take reading. He immediately pointed me and take a note of defect of the meter .

So in this regard i made a complaint of the same to cesc via Android application.
            You are requested to take proper action to do the needful without delay.enclosing a snap of meterat
            Subir Kumar Chowdhury
            Nov 16, 2020

Since the last few months starting June 2020 till date we have been observing exorbitant bills made by CESC. During the month...
              I paid Rs.1960.00 against bill no. 05/24389/19/2/1 dtd 6.1.20 for SecurityDeposit payment through net banking...

I send emails on 19-Oct and 9-Nov from [protected]@yahoo.com but receive no responses from CESC and customer...

I, Saikat Sengupta of 218, Jessore Road, Kolkata-89, paid Rs.1960.00 for new connection on 14.1.20, against MA BILL NO. 05/24389/19/2/1. However, no connection has been given nor any inspection for installation of new meter has been occasioned.
              I want to know the reason of this abnormal delay and wish to have the new electric meter installed as quickly as possible.

My mobile no.--[protected]
              Nov 08, 2020

Dear sir/madam
                I use only 4 LED bulb, 2 fans and a tv.
                My monthly bills are as follow:-
                1. One year from nov 2018 tonov2019- Rs2229.00
                7. Jun2020- Rs170.00
                8.July2020- Rs1610.00
                9. Aug2020- Rs1110.00
                10.sep2020- Rs1550.00
                And my monthly reading is average 20 units.
                By seeing above figures it could be understood that monthly bill of July 2020, Aug 2020 and sep 2020 is wrong.

So you are requested to provide the monthly meter reading from January 2019 to se 2020, and also give the reason why my july 2020 aug2020 and sep2020 bills and meter reading is so high.

Toton sarkar
                Consumer no- [protected]
                Nov 08, 2020

Dear Sir
                  I am Dharani Sarangi, Consumer ID- [protected].
                  Sir July 2020 total unit showing on the bill is- 66 and the amount is 390/-, but August 2020 suddenly rising unit showing is 251 and the amount is 1491.10/-
                  How it's possible. Please give me the proper details it's confusing me.

Please give the feedback before the August 2020 bill due date.

Dharani sarangi
                  Nov 02, 2020

I'm getting every month high bill amount which is now not capable for me to pay also no one comes to take the reading of meter and filling up the meter reading they wish so i want a clear view on this meter reading from january 2020 till this bill..
                    Oct 30, 2020

My meter was changed on 18.08.2020 and the reading on 19.10.2020 (after two months) was 0000461 units. Indicating a monthly unit consumption of around 230 units.
                      I received a whopping bill of 555 units for August 2020 against an average consumption of 230 U/month. The consumption in March 2020 was same as 2019 I.e. 179 units.
                      The units consumed in March, April and May, 2020 was 179, 122 and 115 kWh respectively.
                      The bill of August 2020 is WHIMSICAL, arbitrary and illogical.
                      Oct 28, 2020

Dear Sir
                        I am KInkar Mondal, Consumer ID- [protected]. Sir July 2020 total unit showing on the bill is- 210 and the...
                        I Tanmoy Neogy, Customer ID [protected], Flat no. A/8, Ist floor, Basona Housing Complex, 30, Nagerbazar Road, Kolkata -700...
                        Respected sir, Myself Sucharita Dey, residing at 59/60 BAGMARI ROAD, C. I. T building Scheme B. R. S-lll Block - 14 flat -...
                        Customer Id: [protected] : After several complaints for last 1 year, I came to know that there was a mistake from CESC side...