Calcutta Electric Supply Corporation [CESC]

Contact Details

Kolkata Electricity Supply Helpline Numbers

Electricity Supply Emergency

Electricity Supply CESC

Electricity Supply CESC (Control)

Electricity Supply CESC (Kolkata North Zone)

Electricity Supply CESC (North Suburban)

Electricity Supply CESC (South Zone)

Electricity Supply CESC (Any problem of Local Consumers Central)

Electricity Supply CESC (Any problem of Local Consumers North)

Electricity Supply CESC (Any problem of Local Consumers South West)

Electricity Supply CESC (Any problem of Local Consumers South)

Electricity Supply CESC (Consumer Grievance Cell)

Electricity Supply CESC (Howrah)

Electricity Supply CESC (North Suburban District)

Electricity Supply CESC (North Zone)

Electricity Supply CESC (South West Zone)

Electricity Supply CESC (Southern Zone)

Electricity Supply CESC (West Zone)

Electricity Supply Kolkata Electric Supply Corporation Of India Ltd

Electricity Supply WBSEB (Complaints & Service Cell)

Electricity Supply WBSEB (Complaints & Service Cell)

Electricity Supply WBSEB (Control)
+91 33 2359 1930

View More Information...

Load

Calcutta Electric Supply Corporation [CESC] Complaints & Reviews

royalplaza

On behalf of the Royal Plaza Flat Owners’ Association, I want to draw your kind attention about the following facts that:

1. Apropos from the discussions that our representatives had with the District Engineer, North Regional Office, other representatives of his office and representatives of the adjacent premises on 14.09.2010, the District Engineer, North Regional Office agreed to meet again with us on 19.12.2010 to discuss the safety precautions that will be taken by his office before connecting the transformer in dispute. But, unfortunately, he issued separate notice to the flat owners of the Royal Plaza (174, Gorakshabasi Road , P.O. Nager Bazar, P.S. Dum Dum, Kolkata-700028) on 18.09.2010 threatning that he would disconnect our supply if our members or any person refuse to allow access during carrying out the job of energizing the transformer on 23.09.2010.
As a resident of South Dum Dum Municipality and a citizen of India , we have the right for electric connection in our flats like others

2. The District Engineer, North Regional Office sought a plot of land measuring 6m X 6m at the premises as your LTAC network in the area is loaded the capacity. Mr. Raja Ram Yadav, promoter of the building offered one space measuring 5' X 5' approximately for installing a transformer required for Royal Plaza only. The District Engineer, North Regional Office raised the question of bulk load that is needed in our complex whereas his office is going to install a transformer of 400 KW & 11000 volts, which is not at all justify his claim.

3. The space was offered to the District Engineer, North Regional Office for inner consumption of Royal Plaza only, not for his other connections for locality.

4. The Royal Plaza Flat Owners’ Association wanted to know what are the anti accidents measures that has already been taken before connection of the transformer in question.

5. We demanded that the District Engineer, North Regional Office will have to furnish a declaration (in writing) about the liability that will be borne by him or CESC if his safety measures fail.
6. We demanded for immediate stop of work before settlement of the disputes.

7. We declared thet we will take no responsibility for objection, if any, arises from local residents / neighbouring building.

8. We are very sorry to say that C.E.S.C. had a deaf ear to hear all the above objections and after we have taken back our objection regarding installation of transformer within the Royal Plaza (174, Gorakshabasi Road, P.O. Nager Bazar, P.S. Dum Dum) Premises, over the threat for the disconnection of electric line from the flats of Royal Plaza we saw that CESC men have broken our boundary wall without giving any intimation to us or any prior consent from us which is an illegal act for which CESC should be liable & at the same time be condemned. It is a criminal offence. Your men broke our boundary wall without the permission from our flat owners for making a door inside our compound for a passage to their newly built transformer, which should be called as 'trespassing' and 'breach of privacy' as well, of the flat owners. They also erect the metre / main switch board on our boundary wall not only without permission but also at the time when our president, who was alone present at that time, protested for the act, he was heckled and disregarded.

On 28.09.2010 and CESC officers and staffs along with the contractor came again at the project site. They carried out their work not only without rebuilding our boundary wall but also they tried to break our boundary wall again for constructing a gate. Moreover, your officials and contractors are using the common place of Royal Plaza without our consent. On the other hand that should have been done on the road side.

We demanded that CESC should rebuild our boundary wall which was broken by their officials on 28.09.2010. We will not allow common passage of Royal Plaza (except which was offered to you by the promoter of the building) will be allowed to you or your officials or contractor for any type of work in the project site.

In this situation you are requested to kindly see that the dispute can be settle at an earliest opportunity .

This is extremely urgent.

Dated: Nager Bazar Yours faithfully,
30.09.2010

Secretary,
Royal Plaza Flat Owners’ Association

CESC — EXCESS BILL [Resolved]

saurav de1
    My self Sri kesto ch sadhukhan residing at 34 ejazatullah lane,kolkata 700033. in the month of august my electric...

Bipin Kumar 1970
    Since last month I am receiving very high electricity bill from CESC Kolkata.Last Month Electic bills was 3483 Units, which is very much high than what it should be.
    I have a doubt in my mind that either Electric Metre is not working properly or someone is doing Electric theft from our metre as we are unable to check what exactly happening because the metres are locked in a room.
    So request you to kindly look into it & resolve it as soon as possible.

Bipin Kumar
    Flat # 3 G, Tower -1
    South city residences,
    375, Prince Anwar Shah Road. Kolkata- 700068
    Consumer # [protected]
    A FEW DAYS BACK I GOT AN E-BILL WHICH STATES THAT I HAVE TO PAY A BILL OF Rs.10100 ( IF PAID BY[protected].MY CONSUMER NUMBER IS [protected].

THIS IS A TOTAL INVALID FIGURE AND THIS AMOUNT IS JUST BEYOND MY EXPECTATIONS.THEREFORE I KINDLY REQUEST YOU TO SEE INTO THIS MATTER DEEPLY AND RESOLVE THE PROBLEM AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

IF YOU CHECK MY PREVIOUS BILLS AND THE UNITS CONSUMED VIZ A VIZ THE NUMBER OF PERSONS IN MY FAMILY(2), YOU CAN MAKE A WILD GUESS AND VISUALISE THE AMOUNT VERY CLEARLY.

DAY BEFORE YESTERDAY, I WENT TO VICTORIA HOUSE TO TAKE A SUGGESTION ABOUT WHAT TO DO NEXT.AN ELDERLY GENTLEMAN, AFTER SEEING MY COPY BILL SUGGESTED ME THAT THIS IS PURELY A FAULT OF CESC AND TO GO TO THE MANDIVALAE GARDENS CESC OFFICE
    AND MAKE THE PAYMENT AFTER RECTIFYING IT FROM THE RESPECTIVE DEPARTMENT.

TODAY WHILE I WENT FOR RECTIFICATION OF THE BILL, THE PERSON FROM THE CASH COUNTER TOLD ME VERY CLEARLY THAT THE BILL CANNOT BE RECTIFIED AS HE SAYS THAT THE PERSONS WHO WENT FOR REGULAR METER CHECKING HAS NOT FOUND ANYONE IN THE HOUSE, SO CESC HAS ISSUED AN AVERAGE BILL.

PLEASE SEE INTO THIS MATTER DEEPLY AND REPLY ME BACK AT "[protected]@yahoo.co.in" or at "[protected]@rediffmail.com" so that i can clear off my dues as fast as possible.

Thanks and regards,

Sudipta Ghosh
    ( [protected] / [protected] )
    i am getting a huge amount of bill for last few month, i am staying alone and past all the day outside at my office, i am using a fridge 24 hrs running, a tv run daily almost 7 hrs ( 6.30-8.00 am and 6.30 -11 pm), a computer mxm 7 hrs a day( 8.00-9.30 am) and (7.00-10.30 pm), a fan runs 15 hrs a day and a tube with a power saving bulb. so i think it is an absurd bill please verify the meter or read the meter clearly.
    md usman
    consm no [protected]

dasdebashis_india

My name is Debashis Das, S/O Mrs. Maya Das. Though the CESC personnel has taken the meter reading of our meter as well as our neighbors, CESC has send each o[censored]s the current bill on an average reading and the current reading section of the bill is showing as *****. It is really very unfortunate that everybody's door was not closed, none of ours house is having any dog or so. none o[censored]s has gone to any vacation tour, and the most important is that the CESC person has came with the meter reading book and wrote down the reading. Still they send us an average bill. This will create a increase of bill amount on the coming month.

They deliberately done so. I am strongly oppose this and seeking your strong hand on this issue. The meter is on my mother's name. Our details are as below:-

Name : Debashis Das
      S/O : Maya Das
      Meter No. : [protected]
      LP. No. : 110/6/12/2
      Address : 63A/1E/1/1, Bosepukur Road
      Kolkata-700042
      (Besides Sarala Punyashram School)

CESC Ltd — CESC is not clearing my Provident Fund [Resolved]

chirayata
        I have left CESC ltd on Jan 2007. In-spite of following up several times the company is...

subir
        from subir ranjan das <das.[protected]@gmail.com>
        to [protected]@cesc.co.in
        cc subir.[protected]@alcatel-lucent.com,
        [protected]@hotmail.com
        date Sun, May 16, 2010 at 12:56 PM
        subject Re: Sub:: Unbelievable and excessive High Amount of Bill received for the month of April2010
        mailed-by gmail.com
        hide details 12:56 PM (8 minutes ago)
        Kolkata - 700 001
        Dated : 16-05-10
        Reminder - I
        This has reference to my mail below against which I am expecting your reply / action .
        In the mean time I would like to inform I have already made the payment against your current bill under protest.

S R Das
        for Gaurab Datta ( Consumer No : [protected])
        - Hide quoted text -

On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 9:24 PM, subir ranjan das <das.[protected]@gmail.com> wrote:
        Kolkata – 700 001

Ref :: Consumer No : [protected] ( GOURAB DATTA) .

· We are really shocked and surprised to receive your Bill for the month of April’10 for an amount of Rs. 4040/- (672 units !! vs 496 units of last year).
        · For your information , last month ( March’10 ) Bill was for Rs. 2130/- ( 389 units vs 250 of last year)
        · According to our observation last month March’10 bill itself was very high and this month this has crossed all limits.
        · We are really in panic to think of the bill for May’10 ( will it be > Rs . 8,000/- !!! ?? God knows …)
        · How the consumption can go up to such an extent with the same number of points and usage of electronic gadgets ??
        · We have got our internal wiring checked last month itself ( after receiving your March ’10 bill which itself was very high) and found every thing to be normal.
        · We want an immediate interference from your end on top most priority ( within a week from this mail ) and get this issue resolved.

S R DAS
        For Gourab Datta
        Consumer No : [protected]

CESC LIMITED — Unbelievable and excessive High Amount of Bill received for the month of April2010

Kolkata – 700 001
        Dated : 13-05-10

Ref :: Consumer No : [protected] ( GOURAB DATTA) .

• We are really shocked and surprised to receive your Bill for the month of April’10 for an amount of Rs. 4040/- (672 units !! vs 496 units of last year).
        • For your information , last month ( March’10 ) Bill was for Rs. 2130/- ( 389 units vs 250 of last year)
        • According to our observation last month March’10 bill itself was very high and this month this has crossed all limits.
        • We are really in panic to think of the bill for May’10 ( will it be > Rs . 8,000/- !!! ?? God knows …)
        • How the consumption can go up to such an extent with the same number of points and usage of electronic gadgets ??
        • We have got our internal wiring checked last month itself ( after receiving your March ’10 bill which itself was very high) and found every thing to be normal.
        • We doubt that something must have gone wrong with your meter itself – how will you ensure that calibration of your installed Meter is 100 % accurate and correct??
        • We want an immediate interference from your end on top most priority ( within a week from this mail ) and get this issue resolved.

S R DAS
        For Gourab Datta
        Consumer No : [protected]
        Ref :: Consumer No :[protected]( sushil kumar das) .

· We are really shocked and surprised to receive your Bill for the month of April’10 for an amount of Rs. 6990/- (794 units !! vs 245units of last year).
        · For your information, last month ( March’10 ) Bill was for Rs. 1350/-
        · We are really in panic to think of the bill for May’10 ( will it be > Rs . 8, 000/- !!! ?? God knows …)
        · We doubt that something must have gone wrong with your meter itself – how will you ensure that calibration of your installed Meter is 100 % accurate and correct??This is old one. Plase change this meter urgently

S K DAS

Consumer No : [protected]
        i m susila singh. my consumer no is [protected].i have complained for the excessive amount of bill for the month of august and before also.after complaining for the month of september i received a bill of Rs 600, still i m not convinced because there is very less usage of electricity in my house . i still dont understand the billing theory by using the
        same no of point and gadget there is lot of difference in the amount every month.
        i have already complained before also .so please look into this matter once again.

susila singh
        L.P- 213/42/22
        ananda nagar housing scy
        kol- 700099

Change od email idConsumer No. 76114070007

Would like to change my email id to [protected]@gmail.com Pl. cancel the earlier id [protected]@hotmail.com

wrong email id and date of birth

actual email id [protected]@gmail.com DOB 15/04/1962

SUDEEP SHOME

I am SudIp Shome & my consumer no. is [protected].My last 4 months' billing are Dec.2010 - Rs.350/-, Jan.2010 - Rs.370/-, Feb.2010 - Rs.240/-, but in March 2010 it is Rs.740/-. I do not use any A.C. or any old fridge or any other modern gadgets which may consume more units. Then why ? Is there any hike in unit price in last month ? Please help me.

THANKS.

SUDIP
          CESC WRONG BILLING

Dear Sir;
          I Niranjan agarwal & my consumer no. is [protected] my last 4 month billing
          Are Dec.-2009-Rs.2030/-, Jan.-2010-Rs.2380/- Feb.-2010, Rs.2510/- March-
          2010 -Rs, 3880/-, But in April it is Rs.8220 . I do not use more & more A.c.
          and dont used any Fridge, in spite of that which may consumed more units.
          Then Why.Is any hike in units price in last month. Please help me.
          Your kind co-operation in this regards is highly solicited

Thanking You!
          Niranjan Agarwal
          DEAR SIR,
          SUB:WRONG BILLING
          DATE:24/05/11

MY NAME SUMITA CHAKROBORTY AND MY CONSUMER NO.IS [protected]. THIS MONTH MY ELECTRIC BILL HAS BEEN RAISED RS 530.BUT PREVIOUS 6TH MONTH AVERAGE BILLING WERE APPROX 250-300RS.I THINK THIS MONTH EITHER MY METTER READING IS NOT CORRECT OR MAY BE MY METTER IS NOT FUNCTIONING RIGHTLY.

SO KINDLY REQUEST YOU PLZS CHECK MY METTER AND HIGHLY SOLICITED.

RE:
          SUMITA CHAKROBORTY
          50B, BENIAPUKUR LANE KOLKATA-700014
          MOB NO:[protected]
          sub-wrongbilling

dear sir
          i am susila singh and my consumer no is [protected]. I complained last month also without any result. the usage of electricity is very less in my house there are only 3 elderly members still i got a bill of 1070 this month and the unit is 217 last month i got a bill of rs.1260 which was unacceptable i complained and the result is another high bill this month.Now please do something to check this and try undersatand the problem.

susila singh
          141 anandanagar housing society
          indian oil co-operation
          jagatipota kalikapur
          kol-700152

Unexpected Bill

Please arrange to do the needful at the realiest either in this month also i would be facing the same problem I ll be very thankful and grateful for your kind attention in the matter at the earliest Thanks Sunil kumar Agarwal
          Complaint comments  Add a comment

CESCO — Electric Voltage at my premises very low during summer (less than 50V) [Resolved]

Asad Hussain

I am a resident of Bhubaneswar. My house is located in an area called Sailashee Vihar of Chandrasekharpur....

CESC — I WANT MONEY FOR BURNT METER [Resolved]

AMIT CHAKRABORTY
            Respected sir'
            I am Amit Chakraborty Son of Puspa Chakraborty.My complain is our meter 20.12.2009...

Avijit Banerjee
            My consumer number is [protected]. My connection is a domestic one and I have total eight points running in my house in which there are two tube lights, two celling fans, three bulbs, and one night lamp. It is clear, that if I run all the mentioned points for the whole month, then perhaps, the metered may hike to 206 unit or 132 unit, but things are not going like that. I am thus suspecting fictitious billing behind such hike in the metered unit. Please do the needful. I am looking forward for an just action from your end.
            Thanking you,
            Yours faithfully,
            Avijit Banerjee,
            19/12/09.

CESC Ltd — wrong billing [Resolved]

Mrs Madhuri Kar
              Dear Sir, my consumer no is [protected] for the last 6 months the units consumed is being projected as very high.This can...

CESC — WRONG BILLING [Resolved]

Mrs Madhuri Kar
              Dear Sir, MY consumer nois [protected] .Since the last 5/6 months the elecrticity consumed in my premises is being projected...

CESC — Bill Payment [Resolved]

Mr. R.M. Pandey
              Its a dismal situation to deposit my bills in the Laketown Bill deposit center. Its only opens for three days in a month before...

Mira Das
              I have not my October'09 and November'09 electrict Bill..
              I am not able got my november 09 bill, last six month continuously my bill is not comming to my home, Bill has been sending to another place .

I do like to get my bill in my home, My address is 407/1, G. T. ROAD, BALLY, NIMTALA, HOWRAH - 711201,
              NEAR CADD CENTRE,
              WE in our area are non receiving the monthly bill for decemmmber2009, and earlier also on three occassions as well as reading is not taken and the consumption is shown some times more and some times less making the consumer to be at a loss at the calculation table. you are requested to rectify the error which is repeatedly made.
              Please mail us duplicate bill against Metre No-4130913 since we could not find out the Consumer No.
              This is required for making the payment.
              The details of the Consumer is as follows

PRECISION ENGINEERS & FABRICATORS
              TOWER NO-5 FLAT NO-9H
              18 HO-CHI MINH SARANI
              KOLKATA-61

From- [protected]@yahoo.com

Name

Sir/ Madam My consumer no is [protected]. My title is NANDY and not NANDI as per your bill. I request you to change the same from my next bill. Regards Ashim Nandy

Rajesh Sengupta
                There has always been a complaint and deficiency in service on the part of CESC when it comes to dispatching the electricity bills to it's consumers. I did not receive the bills of our estate and went to CESC, Ballygunge Office to collect copies of 6 meters which are presently installed in our estate. The staff on duty of Copy Bill Section at 2:30pm as well as the Supervisor on duty at that time gave me copies of only 2 meters. They said that they are not authorised to give more than 2 Bill copies per person. When I said that I have taken leave from office to submit the bills and that I will join the queue from back 2 moer times to collect the copies of the remaining 4 bills, they laughed and asked me to go to Victoria House to collect the remaining 4 bill copies. I had to go all the way to Esplanade to collect just 4 more copies of bills. This behavoiur is totally anti-consumer and I wish someone takes it up with them.
                I need another meter for instaling two aircondition for my house but when i enquired for the same at counter at south calcutta center they flately denined and advice me to increase the power of meter, which i think is not good for the long run use, kindely help me to get another meter for the same .
                arjun gupta
                2465 6072
                My electricity bill is not coming properly in my home address..
                I have to go to the kamarhati cesc office and take the copy bill..
                I unable to do this things..
                I want that my bill must come to my home..so that i can pay it in proper time, otherwise i may delay to pay it..please take some immediate action of this matter...

about meter reading

person taking meter reading in our house is okay or fraud

CESC Cres A/C — Non-delivery of CRES Form [Resolved]

SAMIR KR DAS

This is to bring to your attention CESC's new way of depriving its customers of the services that...

CESC Ltd — BILLING PROBLEM [Resolved]

DIBYENDU DAS

I am Dibyendu Das. My consumer no [protected].100 units extra which are adding my bill. I am already...

CESC Ltd — low voltage [Resolved]

ASHIS KUMAR DAS
                  All of my electronic gazets are geting damaged and I am unable to use my computer from 18:00 hrs till next day morning due...

Devraj Bhattacharya
                  Dear Sir

This is to bring to your notice that there has been very high billing in the month of Set'09.The gross amount is Rs 1600 inspite of the fact that there was no AC usage.My average bill is maxm Rs 1200 BUT THE MAIN PROBLEM IS THAT THE AMOUNT HAS BEEN BILLED WITHOUT ANY LAST METER READING. THIS IS TANTAMOUNT TO CHEATING & COLLECTING EXCESS AMOUNT BEFORE PUJAS.

I request you to correct the situation immediately. All mails to Mr. Samajpati (Of CESC are not being replied to)

regards

Devraj Bhattacharya
                  180,Regent Estate, Kolkata-92

I am gujarat government servant, my mobile no. [protected] & unnecessary SMS & other company received call in my mobile, I am very harrisament in time.

MEENA DARJI
                  Complaint comments  Add a comment

Calcutta Electric Supply Corporation — CHANGE OF ELECTRIC METER OWNERSHIP [Resolved]

KALI SANKAR ROY
                    RESPECTED SIR,
                    THIS IS IN REGARDS TO THE DOMESTIC ELECTRIC METER OF OURS BEARING THE CONSUMER NO. [protected], IN THE...