Citibank

Chennai
Chennai District
Tamil Nadu

Registered Post:
Citibank N.A., Mail Room, No. 2, Club House Road, Chennai - 600 002.

24x7 CitiPhone:
Pondicherry: +91 44 2852 2484; +91 44 2858 4653
Pune: +91 20 6601 2484; +91 20 6601 4653
Surat: +91 261 653 2484; +91 261 653 4653
Trichy: +91 44 2852 2484; +91 44 2858 4653
Trivandrum: +91 484 404 2484; +91 484 660 2484; +91 484 402 4653; +91 484 660 4653
Vapi:+91 265 232 2484; +91 265 232 4653
Visakhapatnam: 1-800-1802484; 1-800-1802484

View More Information...

Load

Citibank Complaints & Reviews

I would also like to have the information for the same that the statement states that the interest for the whole tenure is...
THIS IS TO INFORM YOU THAT I HAVE BEEN RE-ISSUED A NEW CITIBANK CREDIT CARD TODAY BEARING, YOUR REF.NO. [protected] &...
Hello Consumer Forum,

Please let me know how should I go further to lodge a complaint against CITI bank. Please...

I am Naseem. Recently i have applied a personal loan with CITIBANK and HDFC, both got rejected due to...

This is for your information that myself Mr. kukadia falgun p, i have a citibank gold credit card whose last four digit is ************2000. our credit card department call me twice a day & ask me to pay an amount of interest of Rs.6000/- for the total amount of Rs.35959.91 for one month but i ask him why should you are taking this much of interest for a month they reply me to call in customer care but i dont need this thingh in orale i want this thingh in written that's why i had written this mail to you.
So please read it and give me prompt reply.

KUKADIA FALGUN P

Due to heavy loss I have closed my business in the year 2002 and at the time of closing the firm my citibank card overdue payment is Rs.35, 000.00, Now I am interested to settle the above outstanding amount of Rs.35, 000.00 only as OTS, in this regard I have sent a mail to Citibank, Chennai but they said to accept 1 Crore an something inclusive of INT and other charges.

Please note that from that date of closed my firm I am working as a merchandiser in one of the Knitwear export company in Tirupur and the present salary is only sufficient for running my family expenses. In this situation I have deciced to arrange to barrow the money from my MD personally and settle this account.

Please how and where I can approch for settele my overdue amount with CITIBANK

Look forward to your valuable reply by rtn.

Brgds/P.Balasubramaniam

I have my salary account in Citi Bank and I have a Citi Bank credit card.

They make lot o[censored]nsolicited calls to my mobile number and office number about offers.

It is illegal and unethical to make unsolicited calls to someone so many times a day about unwanted and useless offers. Who gave them this right? Are they not ashamed to pester people like this? Don't they have any business ethics? They are faceless coverds. They are after my money.

If they meet me personally I will teach them a lesson. Instead of troubling people like this, why don't they stand in the road and beg.

Moral of the story: Don't accept any offer from unsolicited calls. If you do, they will make your life hell. Because now they know your weakness.
      Aug 13, 2020

Citibank — unsolicited calls

I have received around 4-5 calls from number 91 [protected] a citi bank employee inpsite of clearly telling her not to make call for personal loans ... she kept on called again and again .. again today I recieved call ... inpsite of tell her .. I will file complaint in police she make call. I am fed up can citibank take action against there agent ...

Unsolicated phone calls — Unsolicited phone calls

This no [protected] send me objectional mesges and calls but on the other time cellphone remains switch off so i badly need the name and address of this user
      Pesky calls from 65800789 Citibank during work hours peddling credit cards. This is a cognizable offence, and being a bank of such large revenues you are not even aware of this??!! Shame on you!

This is regarding the withdrawal of Rs 2000 from the Citi ATM located in Paradigm, 9th floor, Bank of America, Mindspace, Malad West.

On 8th July, I wanted to withdraw Rs 2000, however, on keying in the necessary details, the ATM dispensed only Rs 1950. It also reduced my bank balance by Rs 2000. I immediately contacted Citi Bank on the helpline and filed a complaint. Confirmation # [protected]. They told me that I would receive a response within 48 working hours.

I received a call from Citi on July 13, 2009, from a representative named Alpana telling me the necessary investigation was done and the ATM dispensed the right amount. Inspite of telling her repeatedly that I have the notes and have not yet used them and thru that they should be able to track the serial nos. so as to determine their error, she was not willing to help me. All she kept saying is the ATM gave the correct amount and they cannot do anything about it.

I asked for a supervisor and received a call from Supervisor Mayuri on July 14, 2009 who told me that the investigation was based on a form that shows the amount of Rs 2000 was debited. They did not check the serial nos on the notes or do any detailed investigation.

Citi was not willing to help me at all and hence I am approaching the consumer forum to help me with this issue. All I want is my money returned. For me Rs 50 is alot and I am sure though this email I will receive the help required.

I have still not used a single note that came out of the ATM on July 8th and have kept it since that will be only proof.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon and I am sure I will not be disappointed.

Preeti

This is about foreclosing my personal Loan. I have paid all the dues what ever they quoted in the foreclosure letter and after...

MY CREDIT CARD NO [protected] LOST & I REQUEST FOR DUPLICATE (NEW) ONE 10-14 DAYS BACK, TILL DATE NOT RECEIVED.

YESTERDAY CALLED UP CUSTOMER CARE IN THE EVENING INFORMING NOT RECEIVAL OF CREDIT CARD BUT FOLLOWING HAPPENING HAPPENED :
          FIRST, THE BEHAVIOUR OF CUSTOMER CARE WAS SO RUDE & DISCONNECTED THE PHONE.

SECOND, AGAIN CALLED, THEN THE LADY WAS ASKED 15 QUESTIONS WHICH REPLY GIVEN THEN WANTED TO CONFIRM LAST PAYMENT MADE AT LAST WHICH ANSWER WAS GIVEN AS RS.14025 OR RS.14021 ON WHICH SHE WANTED TO CONFIRM ONE AMT. ... REQUESTED DRIVING CAN NOT CONFIRM BUT SHE WAS RIGID & RUDE... FINALLY SHE DISCONNECTED THE PHONE WITH STAEMENT "THANK U CONTACTING CITIBANK, HAVE A NICE DAY"... IT CAN BE CONFIRMED FROM YOUR RECORDED VOICE CENTRE.

CITIBANK DESPITE REPEATED EFFORTS, WE ARE UNABLE TO REACH YOU REGARDING YOUR QUERY AT CITIPONE. PLEASE CALL BACK CITIPHONE BANKING FOR SPEEDY RESOLUTION... ABSOLUTE , , NO BODY TRIED TO CONTACT ME".

NO BODY CAME FROM BLUE DART BUT RECEVD SMS THAT "WE TRIED TO DELIVER SHIPMENT NO.[protected] FROM CITIBK. SELECT DELIVERY TIMESLOT, ACO900-120, REPLIED THE SMS FROM 56767 THAT THANK U FOR YOUR RESPONSE... BUT AGAIN NO BODY TRY TO CONTACT...

I BELIEVE CITIBANK HAS CLOSE THE SERVICES AS ITS

STAFF IS WASTE... UNETHICAL... BIG LIERS... NO BUSINESS PRACTICES USED... ALL SENT TO THEIR CUSTOMERS... AND WHEN REQUEST TO PUT US TO THEIR SUPERVISOR THEY SAY "THANK U CALLING CITIBANK, HAVE A NICE DAY';; IF THEY WOULD HAVE WITH MY ORGANISATION, THEY MUST SAKED WITH SUCH BAHAVIOURS WITH CUSTOMERS... EVEN NO CALL BACK GIVEN...

I DON'T HAVE WORDS TO SAY AT LAST FOR THE WORST SERVICES OF CITIBANK...

Complaints already given to even Head Customer care citibank but till time no body contacted even not delivered the card

RAKESH KUMAR
          I have a Citibank card in which I pay off the balance each month.
          I recently received a notice of an APR change. The reasons given:
          1) I do not make the minimum payment when due
          2) go over the credit line, or
          3) make a payment to us that is not honored.

Now the APR change does not affect me because I pay off the balance each month.
          But I was insulted by form letter that was sent out to me.
          Upon calling, it became clear to me that the company wants to get rid of "deadbeats" like myself. If Citibank insults the customer, they'll then likely tear up their card.

My answer is: don't tear up your card. Each month use the card to buy a stick of gum. Let's tie up Citibank for the billing. Granted, my return postage will cost more than the gum.
          But it's worth it.

Dear Team,

This is with reference to my citibank credit card for which i have done a final settlement.br...

- Despite logging request to deactivate card, renewal fees were deducted
            - When complaint was raised, I was told that the transaction cannot be reversed
            - I refused to pay the renewal charge and since then various charges have been accumulting onto it.
            - Have sent mails and also had discussions with collection agents multiple times
            - Statement keeps comming in e-mail and amount due now is Rs 42000+ from the initial Rs 2500 renewal charge that I had refused to pay
            1. no response for card activation even after full payment.
            2. too many querries which are difficult to answer because of fading of bill/reciept.
            3. bills non payment charges make the amount hefty.
            4. still no response from citi bank customer who remain conneted for so many years

My name is Andrea Gideon holder of Citibank Credit Card Number [protected]. This card has been converted in to a loan and I am supposed to make a payment of Rs. 6010/- per month for 24 months.

I had set up an ECS on my salaried account to ensure the monthly payments are done on time. When I was signing the ECS form I clearly stated that I do not get my salary before the 7th of every month and picked a date after that for the ECS to be presented.

The initial few months went without incident. However in December 2008 the ECS was presented to my account on the 5th December 2008. Since I did not have funds in my account I had to pay the insufficient charges. Nobody from the collections team called me in December. However as we step in the new year another ECS hit my account on the 1st of January 2009 for Rs. 12020/-. I have not authorized Citibank to take out any amount except for Rs. 6010/- and if this amount had been presented it would have cleared.

Finally, I got a call from your collections team in January and I spoke with Karan and Ms. Saloni Seth and they assured me that they would have all my charges reversed if I make a cash payment. I made a cash payment on January 18, 2009 for Rs. 12020/-. Now that brought my account up to date and my next payment was due in February.

However, on the 28th of January another ECS of Rs. 6010/- was presented and cleared my account. I had written out two insurance checks which were returned since Citibank took out another payment in January even after bringing my account up to date.

I have been calling Citibank to get this issue resolved however no one in any department is doing any thing. I cancelled my ECS on my salaried account and have had to incure approximately Rs. 5000/- on insufficient charges. It has been 5 months since I paid my EMI's and contrary to what the Citibank executives have told me, the ECS gets presented to my account at least 4 times every month.

ON 8TH JULY 2009 FOUR CHEQUES WERE PRESENTED TO MY ACCOUNT FOR AN AMOUNT OF RS. 24040/- LEAVING MY ACCOUNT BALANCE AT RS. 13.82. Now I have had enough with this Citi Bank. If this is the way they plan to get out of financial difficulties they should go bankrupt.

This is with reference to my Citibank credit card ; i had been using this card since 1997 regularly with no issues as I had been paying my dues on time; till 2006 when I was been approched to have a birla sun life insurance policy where the premium's go thru' my credit card for payment. As agreed for the frequency of instalments; this was not been picked up by citibank and they debited my card 2 times in one quater which was a mistake ; I kept calling them till Sept 2007 to reverse the debit as it was a mistake but this was not reversed and I was been charged on my statement for interest for no mistake of mine. I checked with Birla sun life for the payment recieved from citibank and made the same amount of payment to Citibank. Since this issue in 2006 when they debited my card twice; I never used my card for any other transcation. Finally after taking to 10 people on customer service line for several times ; I gave up and wrote a letter expalining the entire situation; had cut my card in two peices and send it to Chennai office of Citibank Credit card by Register AD .. I got a reciept of this. But till dat ein 2009 these credit card statemenst haven't stopped to be generated and keep coming; at the same time I am going thru' the hassle of facing the contract agency on behalf of Citibank to explain every time that there is no due on my side to Pay. This is absolutely frustrating and getting no where...can some one action in citibank based on my register AD in 2007 and close this once for all...I am not paying a single peny to them ..but whereas I demand for the hassle I had gone thru' in these 3 years compensation for myself ...that was all due to citibank mistake.

Credit Card — Regarding unwanted due in mine account

My SBI Credit card no:[protected] was requested to be stopped against the request no:[protected], but till date it has not being stopped and I am receiving regular SMS Alert on mine phone to submit the bill at the earliest
                I had Citi Reliance Credit Card Last 4 digit 3007. I settled the card and fixed every thing n there are no pending n me. I have letter of settlement and Payment slips but even today i got the e- statements that it has not been received and its coming every month with Interest on Interest n Interest...
                I wanna FCUK Citi for that.. they guys just want to take money from people and just invest Rs. 150 and give the name of the customer s blaclisted even after payment. I am surprized that why our government donot trust their CITIZENS but beleives in such FCUKING Foreign banks. I am really embarrased and want it resolves ASAP.

In my last citibank card, i was supposed to pay Rs. 80K and I made a payment of Rs.70K within due date. To my surprise, iu found that the bank has charged me interest on the entire 80K @3%p.a without reducing the payment of 70K i have made.

I feel this is totally unjust and an unfair money making mechanism. Under any banking laws, if payments are made within due dates, interest can be livied only on the unpaid balance and not on the full amount

Mohan

The mail I wrote to Citibank officials, Ombudsman and CIBIL:

From: subhabrata chakraborty <[protected]@yahoo.co.in>br...

I have taken Car loan from Citi bank. We have given post dated checks for 48 months for EMI.
                    While giving the checks we just filled in Amount (6700/-) in figures and not in words.

Later few checks were rejected with reason "AMOUNT in FIGURE AND WORDS DO NOT MATCH".
                    There was never a check bounced due to in sufficient account balance.
                    All the wrong amounts in word on checks were filled in by a Citi bank executive while taking a car loan, and later time to time we corrected this by giving new checks to Citi bank.

Also during 2006 flood in Mumbai, Citi bank has lost many of its computerized records, and for one of the my check payments, their record was not showing as payment received. Later in 2008 when loan was about to end, I showed all bank account entries for clearances of the EMI checks and then received the Loan Settlement letter from Citi Bank.

But suddenly after 5-6 months I got a notice that Rs. 8k is pending, I was doing followup for 3-4 months but no success, rather this due went from 8k to 11k during this duration and I did not get any loan closure letter.

At last I paid ~ 11k to Citi, thinking that Later I can have justice from Consumer Court.

I beg consumer court to help me to fight against Citi Bank Car Loan Dept.
                    My Cell No is : - [protected]

If required I can provide all required details.

Devyani A. Tupe
                    Pune, M.S., India

Citibank — INVALID TRANSACTION [Resolved]

I made ATM Withdrawal on 24Jun-09 from CITIBANK ATM Rs500.00 but i got only Rs100.00 and Rs500.00...

Today I have received a call from CITIbacnk credit card customer care service Calcutta that I have not made the payment towards their citibank credit card, I really don't have any idea what is this story they are talking about.,
                      I am holding many credit cards for the last 7-8 years and I was never a defaulter for any of these cards.

In fact I have a citibank master card whcih I have taken during a promotion in Shoppersstop and i hardly used that card till now.
                      Please guide me how to handle this situation.

Anjan

An unauthorized online transaction had taken place in my card with Citibank, ending with 4008, on 27/05/2008, amounting to Rs. 2999/-. I reported the incident immediately to Citibank, who launched an investigation. Upon completion of the investigation, it was revealed that the said amount was paid to Airtel in the account of Mr. Indranil Tarafdar, who is unknown to me. As instructed by Citibank, I once again lodged complaint with them. After a long silence, Ms. Garge Chakraborty (garge.[protected]@citi.com) called me on behalf of Citibank, who promised a closure of this matter. However, even after explaining the situation to her, I did not receive any response from her. After a few days, another official called me and promised me closure of the case, on receipt of Rs. 100/- as processing fees. I had paid the said amount, but continued to suffer their maltreatments. This included threats over the telephone and derogatory remarks about me and my family-members. On 24th June 2009, I received a call from Ms. Koel Sen, acting on behalf of Mr. Amiyo Saha, (Office: 22, Camac Street, Block AB, 5th Floor, Kolkata. Phone:[protected], threatening me with dire consequences if I do not pay up immediately. Today, i.e, on 1st July 2009, I again received call from Mr. Sukanto (Phone:[protected], who offered settlement on payment of Rs. 5000/-, which I refused. I believe it is against the norms that a Citibank representative approaches a client over the telephone, without any official document, and ask for settlement doing no justice to the complaint lodged.
                        I would request you to kindly investigate into the matter and see to it that the clients are not harassed unnecessarily and justice being done officially to the genuine complaint filed.