DishTV Complaints & Reviews

3.7
Last updated Nov 29, 2021
Profile

File a complaint to DishTV

Having problems with DishTV?

File a complaint and get it resolved by DishTV customer care. It’s quick effective and absolutely free!

DishTV reviews & complaints (5139)

Date Narration Chq./Ref.No. Value Dt Withdrawal Amt. Deposit Amt. Closing...
Be the first one to find this complaint helpful

My DISHTV complaint number is 88336916, first/old vc no [protected], second/new vc no [protected].
it was a simple request to convert my second connection to multi connection. ideally it should have been on 24 th may12 after completion of the free period of my second connection, but due to reasons unknown it did not happen. few complaints n several phone calls later address verification was completed which was advised to be a must for the said multi connection conversion. I paid the required fee for that on 4th june, i was assured that now my new connection will be converted to multiconnection. i could not believe that today on 7th june12 my new connection was again blocked.. after speaking to CS i was once again assured that myproblem will be resolved within 24hrs. it was strange that within few hrs of registering the complaint i received a sms stating that problem has been resolved.. i again called customer service n had to narrate them the entire story from scratch! i was told to resend my new connection application form n add verification receipt... Somehow i have failed to understand this delay in resolving the above matter and really disappointed in the way it has been handled. akshay trivedi, EMAIL [protected]@yahoo.com

DishTV — Scam

i had purchased dishtv in may 2011. it worked fine till yesterday and today its not working. when i call the customer service...
    Be the first one to find this complaint helpful

We have changed our old Dishtv connection (VC NO [protected]) set top box to HDMI Connection (VC NO [protected]) the connection is in my dads name Rauf Haji .... from Meltek Infosystem pvt ltd midc Kharadi Pune.
    Issues -
    We paid INR 2915, Meltek employee promised us 3 months free connection and will refund INR 600 to our dishtv account of which more 2 months free i.e total period of five months from 11 may 2012 to 11 Oct 2010 we dont need to recharge our account .
    - Now we are getting message to recharge by 23 Jul 2012.
    - Also since 28th May there is no transmission relay. Our TV is showing message, NO SIGNAL.
    - When contacted the Meltek customer care, calls were forwarded to 12 people without any result, the call duration was 45 mins. They are not answering any query. This is pathetic from DishTV.

Our job card no 15059 at Meltek Infosystem Pvt. Ltd. MIC Kharadi, Pune contact no[protected]/17.

Dish TV — not providing us service as promised

hello,
    i m using dish network from past 1 year. but there service is so poor that we are tired of them now.
    its been more than 45 days i am not receiving star plus & sahara one signals properly.
    i have complain them several of times, by telephnic conversations as well as mail to DISH NETWORK.com
    but they are least bothered.

there is MR. SUNNY there who is sr supervisor, who has promised even that on priority basis my connection will be repaired. but nothing has been done.

they are doing this i feel intentionally coz of channels rivelry,
    for sahara channels as well as star plus and sometimes with sony too.

please help us out
    we are simply tired of complaining those people.

Dish TV — did not get service i was promised

i rescently changed from direct tv to dishand have several issues, the installer that came to my house was by himself and very slow, working through lunch making it inconvience for us to eat. next he gave us a telphone wire and said we had to connect it from dish box to telephone. i asked shouldnt you do that and he said no and that it would cost me $5.00 a month untill it was hooked up.also when i called and asked that i be billed as aposed to taking out of my credit card the person in billing said i would loose my stars and showtime that was supposed to be free. also when i talked to salesman to sighn up part of deal was that i would get all braves channels that i had with direct, i am not getting peach tree tv that i did with direct. and have already missed several games. there are a couple of games this week that i will miss unless you start that channel for me. at this time i am very dissatisfied with service. i was a customer of direct for over eight years and very happy with them except for no local channels. i will make a good customer with dish if i get results from this letter. please call me or contact me asap and get all of this cleared up. frankie spurlock hm ph#[protected] cell 326-9666
    dishtv not providing promised channels they are cheating to the customers collecting amount not compromising, many times complaint to them over phone and sent emails to them in this regard but simply throghing the customer requests.it is a unbareable thing kindly forum may be take it is a serious issue and ban the links.my name is s.sadanandam vc no [protected]and [protected] from warangal
    Be the first one to find this complaint helpful

I Rakesh Sharma ( VC No. [protected])have lodged complaint with customercare of DishTV @ [protected] that most of the channels...

sir
      my name gaurav
      main apke pass 2 barr complain kar raha hu , mery complain ye hai ki pahele to news 24 nahi aa raha tha , or ab 9xm nahi aa raha hai .jis no, per 9xm tha wo channel hi nahi hain,mai kahu jau , or company me phone karta hu to wo kabhi l.n.b. badal wane ko boltey hai . or uska price 475 rs, batate hain , ya to ye channel chalaye , ya phir main inki service hi band karva du...pls help me ,, sir jish channel per single nahi hotey , wo channel apney aap band ho jata hai . uski jagah per wo number hi nahi rahata hain , jish no per wo channel hota hai..
      sir
      my name gaurav
      main apke pass 2 barr complain kar raha hu, mery complain ye hai ki pahele to news 24 nahi aa raha tha, or ab 9xm nahi aa raha hai .jis no, per 9xm tha wo channel hi nahi hain, mai kahu jau, or company me phone karta hu to wo kabhi l.n.b. badal wane ko boltey hai . or uska price 475 rs, batate hain, ya to ye channel chalaye, ya phir main inki service hi band karva du...pls help me, , sir jish channel per single nahi hotey, wo channel apney aap band ho jata hai . uski jagah per wo number hi nahi rahata hain, jish no per wo channel hota hai..
      Be the first one to find this complaint helpful

This is to bring in your concern that I Jaspal singh Gandhi, had purchased a Dish TV from your Dealer at Jamshedpur. He told me that today is HD day and company had given offer to new customer of free HD channels for 1 month, I enquired him that what would be the minimum pack that I would recharge of, he replied that I can recharge with minimum RS 180 Pack, so after that i purchased the set top box.
        But yesterday I went to recharge with the RS 180 Pack, the Dealer says that Rs 180 pack would not be recharged in my set top box , the minimum recharge would be of RS 375.
        This is really a cheating to sell the products, it do not suits the standards of India’s no 1 DTH service provider. Kindly take this matter seriously, and try to resolve the issue, as this is clearly a case of fraud. Waiting for an early and positive reply.

Jaspal Singh Gandhi
        ID no.: [protected]
        Ph. No: [protected]

Jamshedpur
        Be the first one to find this complaint helpful

mai pichale 4 salo se dish tv ka customer hu aur dish tv ka SD connection istemal kar raha hu abhi kuch din pahle maine Plazma tv kharida aur apne set top box to upgrade karne ke lie bola to 3 se 4 din ke baad jab maine pucha to mujhe bataya gaya ki mai HD me upgrade karne ke lie eligible nahi hu fhir maine dish tv ke customer care me mail kia aur dusre hi din mere yaha 04/05/2012 ko HD set top box 1240 Rs. me lag gaya aur bola gaya ki galti se kharab box aa gaya hai kal naya box lagega tab aap ka dish chalu ho payga aur next morning ke bol kar chala gaya lekin vo laur kar dusre din shaam ko aaya aur dusra box laga dia aur kaha gaya ki aaj half n hr. me chalu ho jayga lekin vo 06/05/2012 tak bhi chalu na ho paya mai pure din me jitni baar bhi call karta tha mujhe bola jata tha ki "sir sirf 15 min. do chalu ho jayega lekin pure din nikal gaya 07/05/2012 ko subha maine fhir se ek mail aur call kari to mujhe bola gaya ki aap ka ye box bhi kharab hai naya lagega aur 15 se 20 min. me chalu ho jayega aur fhir se naya box shaam ko 4 pm ko laga kar bola gaya ki abhi chalu ho jayega lekin raat 10 pm tak nahi chalu hua aur mera call uthana bhi band kar dia gaya customer care me bhi kafhi intzaar ke baad meri call connect ki jati hai aur baad me meri baat puri hue bina hai cut kar di jaati hai dish tv ki call me service par sms karne par bhi koi call back nahi aati hai mai to pareshan ho gaya hu

Dish TV — Worst Customer Care

I have done so many complain regarding to my connection but no one even visited to my house to see.

vcc number [protected]

stb number
          [protected]F69043019

I have done so many complains to them
          They have very tricky agreement

No one take care after sales.

Roshan ali
          Dear Rajan,

How much payment have you done and what are packs you have activated. I mean did you subscribed for any additional addon pack from that amount or not. becaus eif you have taken any add-on pack then the price of that pack will be deducted from your account.

Also have you done the paymnet by yourself or through any dealer, if through any dealer then i wouls suggest first contact that dealer and check with them whether he had made the complete payment or not.
          I am a dish tv customer & have the following complaints agst them.
          They do nto have any escalation procedure on site & the service response of call centre executives is pathetic.
          I had paid my renewal chgs on 23.11.2008 for a month, hence my renewal date should be 23.12.2008, however due to some problem in their system the date is showing as 3.12.2008.

I noticed this & have called them since 27.11.2008, on a daily basis & was assured that my services will nto be discontinued on 3.12.2008, however to my surprise this has been done.

Please help me.

Rajan
          vc no:[protected]

Dealer name: Kaushik enterprises
          Dealer phone:[protected]

Gave Rs 4000/- to the dealer for renewal of existing package .According to Dish TV dealer has sent only 3500/- rs so without even taking our permission the package was changed to basic package.earlier Marathi Package was changed to Punjabi.Even after taking charges from us for Channels like Sony/Star we are unable to view the same.When asked for refund the company Straightforward refused to repay back the money and for past 4 days they have just been saying your complaint is forwarded and it will be resolved within 4-24 hrs.

The dealer Kaushik enterprises is so arrogant that openly he says go to consumer forum if you want to and that he does not believe in same and no one can take action against him.

Everybody out there beware of Dish TV and their false promises .Their new line is ZYADA DO AUR KUCH MAT LO

PRAVIN
          Dear Sir/Madam

I am a customer of DishTV my VC No. is [protected]. I am suffering lot of problems regarding DishTV Channels (Signal Problem) from last 12/06/2009. During this period I regsitered many complaints to your customer care office, but no body can attend my complaint.

Please tell me how to solve this matter.

Akhilesh Singh

Dish TV — worst call centre service

my v.c.no is [protected] . I wanted to downgrade my package from platinum to silversaver. but after seven calls in two days the answer is same,the system is on updation. this is the service ever seen from callcertres. so pls dont buy DISHTV
          The Dishtv is not working from the past 4 days at my home. Have given several calls to the customer call center, but everytime they register the complain and no action is taken against it.
          Also, when the engineer is asked to come home to repair the dishtv, he says, "I cannot come, your home is far".
          The worst customer service ever faced in my life.

DishTV — Worst customer service

I was using Dish Tv from 5 years and from my experience, its the worst DTH service provider in India.

If someone looking out to choose between Dishtv and other DTH providers like Airtel, Big TV,
          Tata Sky or Videocon DTH. You better buy any other DTH service except Dish TV.

The worst and pathetic customer service, though in India we don’t have terms like cc but they are more than that.

Some of the major reasons of writing about Dishtv are given below :

1. The software and UI of setbox is laggy as always. The loading time is not at par as comparable to other DTH specially Airtel.

2. Dish TV released a new software which is not available for old customers like me.

3. They want me to pay 350bucks plus tax to swap the DTH, 150bucks plus tax for the agent who will come to my place for box swap. Why would I give them my working old STB lol crazy policies.

4. They increased the platinum package to 350rs and the 1 year package will change as per the new terms.

5. They removed the ten sports in platinum package and added it as a a la carte package.

I don’t mind paying few extra bucks to other service provider when I get peace of mind while watching tv.

My personal suggestion to all the new DTH users, please save yourself some time and don’t buy dishtv. After using dishtv from 5years, I must say what I was missing while not using other DTH services.
          Dish TV executive to save there SLA they will close the request without solving the issue .. what a great service .. and no one monitor this .. this happen with me twice ..

on march 2010 i was having issue with setup box (reference is 40363807.) and which take one month to resolve anyway get a waver for a month.

And again on 7th April 2011 i have requested for reinstallation of setup box (Request no[protected]. today (10-May-2011) i came to know that my Request has been closed on 13th APRIL without solving the issue and without my knowledge. that was for reinstalling Setup box and the service was chargable 150/- but till now no one come to my place for the same.

I am surprised who your executive close the issue whitout solving and no one there to monitor the case ..

HOW YOU CAN BE SO CARELESS IF YOU CALL YOUR SELF TO BE NO.1 DTH COMPANY ..

can you please explain me why it is closed ??
          and i need a valid point - why should i use Dish TV .

Fake Dish TV Lottery — fake call from pakistan

i have received the call from [protected] on 26/4/2012 at 7:30 A.M.He told me that he is calling from Dish tv Singapore...
            1 other people found this complaint helpful
            I had subscribed on the 18/03/2012 was unable to view the channels of my choice for around 2 weeks even after paying Rs. 110/-...
            Be the first one to find this complaint helpful
            I have recharged my Dish TV on 16/4/2012 but at that time the same was not recharged and amount of Rs. 225/-...

Respected sir !

Sir i recharge dishtv Rs.250 through my debit card of Bank of Maharashtra nasik on 16.4.2012 I complete all process as per bank & dish tv after transfer payment Bank give me transaction No.35483967 but stil date above amount not credit my Dishtv A/c[protected] you are kindly request pl. recharge my a/c or refund my amount

jejurkar
            Be the first one to find this complaint helpful

HI I have purchased Dish Tru HD+ by looking at 30+ HD channels, 5 times better picture quality, 5.1 audio, prompt customer...
              Hello Sir,

I have renew my exiting pkg on dtd 9/04/2012 tx id is[protected] of Rs 200 but when I had read your...
              Be the first one to find this complaint helpful
              Dish TV should always be avoided. Their tall claims are not to be given ear to. Every customer has to wait minutes long for...
              Be the first one to find this complaint helpful
              I have booked DISH TV online on 4th April 2012, still do not received. I have paid them through my credit card.Please assist...
              Be the first one to find this complaint helpful

I, Sri Arun Kr. Talukdar (Mobile No.[protected] is enjoying DISH TV Services for the last 4-years (approx.). My VC No. is [protected]. For the last 3-4 months, I noticed one message was displayed that there is SIGNAL FAILURE.resulting no picture in my TV.
              Please advice DISH TV AUTHORITY to contact me for repairing on urgent basis.
              Thanking you.
              Yours faithfully,
              Arun Kr. Talukdar
              08.04.2012

mobile dish tv — No picture

Mobile Dish Antenna failure in the personal saloon of GM/SER having viewer card no.[protected].
              RF amlifier box showing message"Motor overload".
              Email/Add:-abhijeet.[protected]@Gmail.com
              Complaint No. 60923320

Date & time- 09/06/2011 at 12.45 Hrs.

I am a senior citizen of 65 Years of age. During my long path of service I have never seen such types of worst & poor services to the customer given by the manufacturer.

After lodging my complainton 09/06/11, I have been informed that the complaint will be solved by 3-4 hrs, but the maximum limit will not cross 24 hrs.

But till now ie 23.15 hrs.on 11/06/11, the complaint has not been solved. Atleast 100 times I telephone to Dish TV customer care, but everytimes they have given false commitments.

Then, somehow, I have managed to get the service centre contact no.[protected] & [protected].

Last three days they have given all false commitment all the time that the problem will be solved within an hour.

After knowing my mobile no. by the service centre, they reluctant to receive my call. They didn’t receive my telephone call.

I would say to all my friends not to buy Dish TV due to their Worst & poor bluffing services to the customer.

So, after promising in business ads.that the complaint will be solved within 24 Hrs. time maximum, Dish TV are not fulfilling their commitment to the customer& even not bothered..

Secondly after paying for the whole period viewing commitment, denied us by Dish TV irresponsible services.

I going to lodge my complaint regarding after sales services to w.w.w. consumercourt.in
              Actually my Previous bill due date is 17/6/2011I have recharged my dish tv connection on 7/6/2011 for Rs 500/- and I received the SMS for the Next recharge date and acknowledgement of the success full recharge. Next recharge date is 12/09/2011. But the Signal is not coming it is showing the blank screen, with Recharge to get the continuous Access fron 14.6.2011. Kindly solve this issue to get unintrupted services.
              I will give you the email id of Dish TV customer care, Just mail your concern there for quick resolution of your complaint.

Be the first one to find this complaint helpful

On 26th March,2012 I was told by DISH TV helpline that my VC needs to be re-charged from 1st April,2012. They also confirmed that my existing pack was Platinum Pack for Rs 350pm.

I renewed online for 4 months on 26th March by paying Rs 1400 for 4 months . However, when I recieved the sms confirmation from DISH TV -it said that my renewal was done till 16th July.

When I enquired from your helpline, I was told that I was subscribed under Super Platinum Pack and not Platinum Pack, and that DISHTV has unilaterally changed me to Super Platinum Pack on October 2011(which did not include Star Sports bouquet). Since then, DISTV has been charging me Rs 40 extra for the STAR TV bouquet.

I clarified that I have ALWAYS been a subscriber of Platinum Pack, and DISH TV cannot change my Pack from Platinum Pack to Super Platinum WITHOUT TAKING MY WRITTEN CONSENT AND CONFIRMATION, and charge me extra for channels that were INCLUDED in the Platinum Pack opted by me (on and before 26th March 2012). The Platinum Pack was also clearly available as an OPTION on your website on 26th March 2012, and it included the Star Sports bouquet in the Platinum Pack details mentioned in your website. I have a screen shot of the related website page dated 26th March 2012 of the same available with me.

I have spoken to 4 different officials of DISH TV on 26th March, but NONE of them could clarify HOW a change from an existing PLATINUM PACK was made UNILATERALLY by DISH TV to another Super Platinum Pack. No written consent was taken by DISH TV beforeeffecting this chage. They advised me to write a complaint.

HOW, WHEN and WHY was my originally subscribed Platinum Pack (that included Star Sports) CHANGED to Super Platinum (which does NOT include Star Sports). Dish TV DID NOT inform me about the implications of the arbitrary change at that time and its content?

Why was my subscribed Pack (PLATINUM) changed without taking my consent or even any information? Is it an ethical practice?
                Aug 13, 2020
                I will give you the email id of Dish TV customer care, Just mail your concern there for quick resolution of your complaint along with your VC No, Address and Contact Number.

Be the first one to find this complaint helpful

I request dishtv care to update my dishtv account & give me some information how i can get free ala carte packs with an e-mail-id.Also what procedure i follow to get information about call me back service.

Be the first one to find this complaint helpful

WAKE UP Dear Dish TV - Am a Platinum Package holder from 15th February 2011, SAF NO on the Dish TV Subscriber copy is 0132090...