DishTV

+91 11 6001 3474  [Northern India]
+91 44 6001 3474  [Southern India]
+91 22 6001 3474  [Western India]
+91 33 6001 3474  [Eastern India]

Punjab, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir (STD)

West Bengal, Assam (STD), Bihar

Madhya Pradesh, Orissa, Chhattisgarh

Gujarat, Maharashtra, Goa

Tamilnadu, Kerala

Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka

Uttar Pradesh, Uttranchal

Delhi, Rajasthan, Haryana (STD)

All States (Toll-Free)
1800-180-3474

View More Information...

Good

DishTV Complaints & Reviews

DEAR SIR,
I AM A DISHTV COSTOMER FROM GUWAHATI (ASSAM), MY DISTV CONSUMER ID IS ([protected]). A NEW SATELLITE...

I was using Gold Saver Pack of Dish TV DTH.
On 19th October, 2010 my account has due date for recharge.
I has no use of Gold Saver Pack, So I applied for down gradation to Silver Saver pack on 16th October, 2010,
after getting an SMS reminder for my recharge.
I paid 490 rs. on 16th October.
As per they informed me they charged me rs. 40 for down gradation process.
Then suddenly they deducted aapprox. 264 rs. without informing me.
When I asked for the same they give me some reason regarding some pay term offer.
Whatever it may be, but without informing me they deducted this amount and hence my dish tv connection got deactivated on 28th November, 2010.
Its 8th December 2010. and still my problem has not been solved.
They are not giving me refund or waiver of that 264 rs.

DTH DISH TV — for recharge

i want to update my package already send you required sms on 57575 but my is not updated since three days

my vc no is [protected] for dish tv service zee network. my old pack was running gold. i have not upgraded pack. but their system automatically upgraded pack. when i inform them regarding that, at that time they again changed to my old pack and dedudted rs. 40 as a degradation charges. i talked their representative, they said by mistake our system automatically upgraded package.
    but now they are reluctant to accept their mistake and not rfund me degradation charges.
    at every recharge they are doing same mistake that means they are cheating people.

DishTV — Deducted Rs. 40

I am 3 years old customer of dishtv. I had recharged for Rs 250 for silver pack for 2 months, and they have deducted Rs. 40, and said me this is downgrade charge. Which was not mentioned while i was recharging. I had complained to customer care but they are not listening. Their service is very poor and thatys why they are loosing not the customer of DishTv but Zee Group of business.
    Well when ever you change your package from higher package to lower package the these downgrade charges are aplicable to you these are basically the package handling charges. And it was well informed by dishtv. and even the customer care also told me while i had changed my package earlier.

----- Forwarded Message ----
      From: Kavita Bhatia <[protected]@yahoo.co.in>
      To: customercare <[protected]@dishtv.in>
      Sent: Sun, 5 December, 2010 12:28:39 PM
      Subject: Re: DishTv Home Delivery

When you promise to provide connection within 24 hrs and if you are not able to provide same you should be refunding the amount.
      And your trader asked for 300 bucks extra and not Rs 12 per extra metre. I have lost faith from this experience.

Please refund the amount else I will have to take the help of consumer court.

Kavita

[protected][protected][protected][protected]
      From: customercare <[protected]@dishtv.in>
      Sent: Sun, 5 December, 2010 12:21:47 PM

Dear Ma'am,

Thank you for writing to dishtv.

We would like to inform you that we provide 15 meters wire free at the time of activation & if more than 15 meters is required then you need to pay additional charges @ Rs.12/- per meter.

Furthermore we would also like to inform that amount paid at the time of booking the connection can't be refunded. Kindly confirm if you want the connection to be installed at your premise along with preferred time & date so that same can be arranged from our side.

Incase of any concerns please write to us or call us, we would be glad to be of assistance.

We value your association and assure you of our commitment to serve you with a smile.

Amit Ranjan
      DISHTV

Did our response resolve your query? Please Click on the link below to give us your valuable feedback.

For any further clarification or assistance if required, please feel free to revert on same e-mail id or contact us on below mentioned numbers:

You SMS, We Call
      Now to talk to us you don't have to call us. Simply SMS DISHTV CALL ME TO 57575 from your registered Mobile Number and we will call you back promptly.
      To register your mobile number SMS dishtv RMN <11 digit VC No.> to 57575

[protected][protected][protected][protected][protected][protected][protected][pr...

Since he was asking for the extra amount I told him I dont want the connection.
      I dont want the Dish TV connection - can please refund the amount I had paid to
      book the connection.

Kavita Bhatia

[protected][protected][protected][protected]
      From: customercare <[protected]@dishtv.in>
      Sent: Sun, 5 December, 2010 3:18:44 AM

Dear Ma'am,

Thank you for writing to dishtv.

Regret the inconvenience caused and apologies for the problem faced by you.

We would request you to revert with the VC number and the scanned copy of the payment receipt if the technician had charged you extra so that the needful can be done.

Priti Chauhan

To register your mobile number SMS dishtv RMN <11 digit VC No.> to 57575

I had booked a connection last week. I am not happy with service of connection
      provider.
      First of all it took almost 8 days to provide a connection. Every time he gave
      an excuse that he does not have boys to send.
      Finally when his boys came they demanded extra charges for cabling Rs 300 apart
      from 221 installation charges.

When I checked with customer care they said there extra charges only if wiring
      done is more than 15 mts. That too they charge 12 Rs per mt for every extra
      meter.

I really not happy with the service and I want my money back. Please refund the
      amount I had paid.

Subject: DishTv Home Delivery

Date:-Nov 27 2010 11:11PM

Dear Kavita Bhatia ,

Congratulations on choosing dishtv, India’s No. 1 DTH service provider. We
      welcome you to our family.

We wish to inform you that we had received the online payment of Rs.690 for1
      nos. dishtv new connections.

We will deliver the product within 24 hour at the following address:

Delivery Add:
      Old Airport Road Murgeshpalya, Next HDFC Bank ,BANGALORE

Your token number is 27301 Please save this unique token No:27301 for future
      reference regarding this transaction.
      Your installation will be carried out by M/S DAVE TECHNOLOGIES (SF) ,phone
      In case of any query or any information please feel free to call our 24x7
      customer care service number[protected]Customer care No.)

Dishtv India Limited
      Aug 13, 2020

I SUBSCRIED RS. 180/- TO RECHARGEITNOW SITE TO RECHARGE MY DISH TV VC NO.[protected] PIN 723227(DERIVED FROM YOUR SYSTEM)...
        Sir I have recharged two dishtvs on 18/11/2010 through itz cash on rechargeitnow.com and my transaction was sucessful but...
        I have dish tv set top box. Earlier Dish TV was not having tie up with NEO. So DD National ( on channel 115) was one of the...

dear sir/ madam
        i ashish misra is subscriber of gold pack of DISH TV along with CHANNEL COLORS. for this i submitted 500 bucks in october. my custumer number is[protected]. afer paying money i m not getting CHANNEL COLORS. i complained to your one of the center at hussainganj in lucknow twice but every time your people didnt give proper response. that is why still i am not getting CHANNEL COLORS. On 27 of november i got a call from your number[protected] at 10.32 in the morning, there was a lady on the other side, i told her to solve my complain, but my complain is as it is. Now this is my last attempt for solving my complain. After this i will not get response then i have to switch over to another DTH company.
        ashish misra
        mobile-[protected]

DishTV — colors not seen

my vc no. is [protected]. I renewed GOLD PACK and PAID EXTRA FOR COLORS CHANNEL(111). BUT TILL TODAY I CANT SEE THIS CHANNEL. KINDLY HELP ME OUT AND INFORM ME ON MY MOBILE NO [protected]. CONDITIONAL ACCESS is the msg. display on tv.
        I will give you the email id of Dishtv customer care, just mail your concern their for quick action on your complaint along with your complete details like VC No, Address and contact number.

Email id: [protected]@dishtv.in

Hi All,

I called up to Dishtv CC as STB remote is not working(27/11/2010, 6:50PM). Then person (Vedivel P) logged a complaint[protected] and told that technician is going to visit my place by next 24 HRS.Then immediately i got a SMS from DishTV with the call no. After 15 mins i got a call from the dealer that we were going to send our technician by tomorrow 10 o'clock. Today(28/11/2010) after 11.00 am again i called to that dealer, dealer told that we had some issue. They were going to come to my place by 12 Noon / 1PM. At 11.35AM i got a call from the technician, that change your remote by going to some electronics shop as we didn't have the stock of remote. At the sametime i called up to DishTv CC informed the same to the CC person(Bhaskar).He told me that technician will be there at your place by 3PM. After 3PM again i called up to Dish Tv CC they told me that definitely technician will be at your place by 6Pm. Again the same story no one came to my place. Then i send a SMS to dishtv for the call me service. Then i got a call from Noida they asked me what is the issue. I told all the story. now they were saying that your STB is out of warranty.Here i am not getting one thing when yesterday i called to DishTV CC they told that your STB is under warranty.Here things are not matching. After lots of argument they told that they would send their technician but it would be under chargable basis.But i was not agreed.Now(8.35pm) when i called up to[protected] they(Naufer) told that your STB is under warranty till April 2011. Now what is this? Does DishTv CC has correct information about their customer's STB? Then again i explained the whole story to him.He informed me that your issue is under process.It would take another 24 HRS to resolve the issue.Now here he promised me that technician will be at my place by tomorrow(29/11/2010, 7PM). Let's see what is going to happen? Here i have a question to the DishTv are they No.1 or this is just a frame they are following.Even i said that TATA Sky is very good one. I have a TATA Sky connection in my home and it is working far far better than this worst DishTv.I didn't face anyissue for the TATA Sky.

Biswo

Dear Sir
            It is very upset about the dishtv regarding the service. i have purchase a connection on 03/11/2010 by on...

I initiated a complaint regarding no signal on 22/1110 and I was told that their respective technician will come to your home to realign the dish. All efforts to recall the technician went in vain as the service agents is not available on the phone line and not responding. Aggrieved by the response of the service agent I initiated a complaint with the Service Provider, but there too their agents do not respond to the Phone calls, putting the phone line on hold. At one instance I had to hold for 30 minutes but still I could not register my grievances.
            Aug 13, 2020

I boked new dish tv connection online on 11th nov 10. It is a prepaid connection & I have paid Rs. 690/- for the same. My booking reference no. is HO-11/11/10CRL-25224. I have given prefered installation date 21/11/10. There std days required for connection is 3 to 5 working days. Till date I have not got my new connection. I checked with customer care on 21,22nd Nov 10. They promissed me to connect it within 24 hours. I have communicated the same problem through mail to customer care, the same is pasted below.
              I requested them to refund my payment so I can opt another option, but there is no any reply from them. They are sending the same auto generated reply. Pl. help me to get my money back at the earliest.
              Dear Sir/Ma’am,

Thank you for writing to dishtv.

Your request/concern is under process.

Kindly allow us to get back with a resolution, between 48-72 hours of receiving your mail.

Apologies for inconvenience caused, if any.

DISHTV Customer Care
              Dear Sir/Ma'am,

"customercare" <[protected]@dishtv.in> | Add to Address book |This is spam

To: <[protected]@rediffmail.com>

Subject: Re: Delay in New connection

Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 15:59:21 IST

Dear Sir/Ma'am,

Thank you for writing to dishtv.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

We have forwarded your request to the concerned department and assure you of a prompt response and this will be resolved within next 24 hrs.

Raghavendra Singh

To register your mobile number SMS dishtv RMN <11 digit VC No.> to 57575

I booked new dish tv connection on 11th Nov 10. My token no. is HO-11/11/10CRL - 25224. It is a prepaid connection. Prefered installation date was given 21/11/10. Till date there is no any communication regarding the installation. I talked to customer care on 21 & 22nd, on both days they have taken request & promissed that it will be connected within 24 hours & you will get a phone call from respective department. Till I have not received any phone call.
              FURTHER I WOULD LIKE TO REQUEST YOU TO PL. REVERSE MY AMOUNT RS. 690/- I WILL OPT FOR ANY OTHER CONNECTION. PL. TELL THE PROCEDURE TO REVERSE THE AMOUNT.
              I WILL APPRICIATE THE QUICK RESPONCE IN THE REVERSAL OF PAYMENT.

ATUL
              TODAY ALSO I TALKED TO CUSTOMER CARE, THE SAME STORY. pL. HELP ME TO GET MY PAYMENT BACK AT THE EARLIEST.
              Aug 13, 2020

I, Naresh Singh VC No-[protected]. I have gold pack of Rs 210 but Bindas channel is deactive on my dishtv. I want this channel. Therefore Kindly send me system of activation of this channel to my email id- [protected]@yahoo.com or call me at my own number-[protected] at the earliest.

Naresh Singh
                Aug 13, 2020

I have been distv customer since five years my V.C. No. [protected]. first and second year your service was good later I have not satisfied by your . service. At the time of purchase I had given my mobile No. [protected]. first and second year I got regular SMS after two years I have not recieved any massage for due date of renewal. Service point also initially first and second year quality of pitcture was good later rainy day I was not connected allowed channalls. Every time TV has display signal was not found contact customer care centre. When I call customer care centre some time it engage tone and some time it connected but the massage is our representative are busy please hold the line after holding half an hour automatically line disconnects. Your customer care centre call is costlier than your package charge. So there is no use maintaining customer care centre.

Dear sir/madam,

i did online order of Dishtv connection on 2nd November 2010.i did payment...

1. A new dish TV connection was ordered on 31 Oct 10 with an assurance of installation within 24 hrs.The payment was made online in full as per following documents

(a) Confirmation of Order by dish Tv

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your order from http://www.dishtv.in

ORDER DETAILS:

Customer's IP Address : 121.245.68.161

(b) Order Confirmation by dish Tv

Date:-Oct 31 2010 5:31PM
                    Dear,

Congratulations on choosing dishtv, India’s No. 1 DTH service provider. We welcome you to our family.
                    We wish to inform you that we had received the online payment of Rs.690 for1 nos. dishtv new connections.

We will deliver the product within 24 hour at the following address:

Delivery Add:
                    P 61/18 BAIRD PLACE NEAR GOPINATH BAZAAR ,NEW DELHI

Your token number is 23012 Please save this unique token No:23012 for future reference regarding this transaction.
                    Your installation will be carried out by M/S APOLLO AIRWORLD(SERVICE FRANCHISEE) ,phone [protected]
                    In case of any query or any information please feel free to call our 24x7 customer care service number[protected]Customer care No.)

Dishtv India Limited

(c) Complaint by undersigned for non installation

Re: DishTv Home Delivery
                    Monday, 1 November, 2010 8:03 PM
                    "Customer Care" <[protected]@dishtv.in>
                    Add sender to Contacts
                    To:
                    [protected]@yahoo.co.in

Thank you for writing to dishtv.

We sincerely regret the inconvenience caused to you.

We would like to inform you that complain is under process.

Himani Negi
                    DISHTV Customer Care

(d) Complaint to the Nodal Officer,Dish Tv ,Delhi and reply thereto

From: Atul Chaturvedi <[protected]@yahoo.co.in>
                    Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2010 10:13:37 +0530 (IST)
                    To: <[protected]@dishtv.in>
                    Subject: DISH TV CONNECTION

Dear Mr Sandeep,

1. Please refer VC No [protected] and order for a new connection vide token number 23012 dated 31 Oct 2010.

2. The existing STB developed an "unexplained" technical snag about four months ago which was duely inspected for by your authorised franchisee M/S Apollo Airworld.As per them the STB cannot work any further.

3. Accordingly,I consulted your customer care because I have already paid an annual subscription for the connection and due to no fault of mine and without being able to utilise the connection ,monthly charges are still being deducted by dish TV.The customer care had no solution to the problem,rather they advised me to buy a new STB at exhorbitant rates of approx Rs 1400/-.It is not understood why the new complete connection kit costs a max of Rs 1000 where as an STB only should cost Rs 1400/-?

4. Having felt cheated and helpless,I once again contacted your customer care and was told by one of the representative that "pairing" of the old account could be done if I buy a new connection.Accordingly I ordered a new connection on 31 Oct 10 vide token no 23012.I was moving out of town on duty and requested your customer care if the connection could be done by 1st Nov 10.I was told that as per policy,the connection is done within 24 hrs.

5. On 1st Nov 10 nobody turned up with the new connection till 1130hrs.I therefore contacted your customer care who informed that M/S Apollo Airworld would be doing the installation.On contactiong the franchisee,I explained that it is important that they install it by 1st Nov and they assured a rep will arrive by 1700h.I kept waiting the whole evening but no one turned up.

6. On 2nd Nov I have moved out on duty and cannot possibly get it installed.So the question of not taking the calls of your franchisee becomes irrelevant.
                    7. I have been duped and fleeced of money twice by your esteemed company.On requesting for a refund of money atleast for the new connection ordered vide token no 23012,your customer care says there is no such policy.
                    8. May I once again most humbly request that a refund be made to me for the new connection which has not yet been installed.I understand that a a policy of your company , I have to forego the annual subscription paid by me on existing connection vide VC number under reference.
                    9. Since you are the nodal officer,I expect a fair response on the grievance.
                    10. The appalling customer service practices of your company leave me feeling cheated and fleeced twice.Action taken on this grievance may please be communicated by email ,

Delhi Cantt

REPLY BY NODAL OFFICER DISH TV

Re: DISH TV CONNECTION
                    Friday, 5 November, 2010 1:02 PM
                    "[protected]@dishtv.in" <[protected]@dishtv.in>
                    View contact details
                    To:
                    "Atul Chaturvedi" <[protected]@yahoo.co.in>, "Bhupender mail" <[protected]@dishtv.in>
                    Dear Sir.

Regret for the inconvenience. I tried to speak to you but your phone is not reachable.

Sandeep.
                    Sent on my BlackBerry® from Vodafone Essar

(e) Till date neither the installation has been done nor Dish Tv has refunded the money.

(f) I request Dish TV to please refund the amount of Rs 690/- paid towards installation of new connection.

Delhi Cantt
                    Aug 13, 2020
                    I Mr. TuangBawi, have been bought, on 29 / March/2011, Dishtv, yesterday. But a didn't watch tillday. May I know what is the problem and what I have to do? so help me to active on my dish tv as soon as porsible. When I bought all channal pack. any infromation Please contact my RMB no.[protected] .and My Dish tv numbers is [protected].

Your kindly help Need
                    TuangBawi
                    Wz-90, Budella Village,
                    Vikas Puri, New-Delhi -110 018
                    dish tv is a very big fraud company ////...

They seemed to have very quieltly withdrawn language zone channels---like tamil/malayalam zone. Quietly charging us extra for those language channels which were part of free service on South Gold Package. Never cared to inform there will be change in Language Zones. My parents have already dragged them to Consumer Court once & they were made to compensate & ofcourse, they've abandoned DishTV & switched to SUN TV now. It's now my turn to drag them to court.
                      Aug 13, 2020

Please you go to market( so called dealer) to buy a Dish tv Connection, you will find that the price is above MRP ( as announced by the co.) , again additional higher charges for installation and thirdly on recharge you will not find the recharge voucher as per your requirement ( of course as per companies package rate) or pay more then the package rate on recharge through so called dealer available in the market.

Now, I am surprise to note that no customer rising the matter or complaint to the Municipality authority or to the so called secondary government( NSCN) as they are controlling the market.

So sir, I hope, through you, I can expect that there is some body who can take note on my point and again please visit the market to know the fact.

I feel shame to stay Kohima, the capital of Nagaland ### no justice for any ( specially for the non nagas), on very step we need to lay down. No more......

Dish TV India — fake Mod orders

after that costumer care reply is given blow

We would like to inform you that you need to contact to your regional office executives and they will process your request accordingly.

Pushpendra Singh
                        DISHTV

Recently I had sent this concern to DishTv's customer care on [protected]@dishtv.in, and [protected]@dishtv.in at 9:30pm on 10th November. In response, they just wrote "Thank you for your feedback, and keep writing to us". Below is what I had written:

Sub -- Fake Dhanteras Offer, fake commitments, and unethical practices from DISHTV to fool the prospective customers

Hi DishTv,

On 3rd Nov (Wednesday) I saw an interesting 24-hours-Dhanteras-Offer of DishTv website for new connections, and called the customer care[protected] on the same day to order a new connection under that offer. I called at around 8-9pm from my number 95xxxxxxxx, and spoke to VIKRANT in DishTv customer care.

He gave me all the details about Dhanteras Offer (any plan free for 4 months and Rs990 cashback, just for Rs1490) then tried to transfer the call to Sales Team. He was not able to transfer it, so he told me that he will take my order and raise a request, based on which there will be callback made to me and then the installation will be done. He gave me the request number too (# 1883659). I also gave him my full name and my other phone number (98xxxxxxxx) to add into that request he was raising.

I rightly assumed that the callback will be made not on the same day but maybe next day, so I asked him clearly twice or thrice if I would still be given Dhanteras Offer (which was open only for 24hours). He kept answering very confidently that all the customers who call us today (Dhanteras Day) will be given the same offer because they have called on the same day irrespective of when the confirmation-callback or installation is done. I clarified this thing with him in more than one way, and said that I won’t accept someone from DishTv saying that Dhanteras Day is gone so offer is gone. He told me not to worry about it.

I waited for Thursday and Friday and then called back on Saturday (6th Nov) on the same number[protected] at around 2pm from my number 95xxxxxxxx. A rep named KAVITA received the call and upon listening to my concern that nobody called me, she tried to transfer the call to Sales Team. Same thing happened with her too, that she was unable to transfer and promised a callback. I got frustrated and doubted on her promise, so she retried and connected me properly to someone called MOHAMMAD AFTAB in Sales. I restated the whole story to him and asked why was there no callback and installation. He searched his database and told me that there is no such request raised by the number 1883659, nor is there any request with my name or my phone numbers. This really escalated my frustration and I asked him to retrieve the call recordings and investigate.

I kept mentioning the commitment that DishTv (VIKRANT) had made, and MOHAMMAD AFTAB kept mentioning that there is no such request. He also said that Dhanteras Offer is not available anymore because the day has passed (which is absolutely contradictory to what VIKRANT had committed). He also said that VIKRANT may not be aware of the processes and made a casual promise. This leads to another serious concern, as to how can DishTv put untrained people to answer calls and make fake committements based on their whims and fancies. Then MOHAMMAD AFTAB said that he will call me back after confirming with the Managers. He called me back after confirming with Managers in Pune (supposedly) and said the same thing again that I cannot get the installation under Dhanteras offer. I told him that it was very obvious that DishTv would have taken the calls from customers ordering on that day and would have processed all those calls/orders in the subsequent days, then why did you exclude me from that. To this he had no answer, and told me that I should go and check with some local dealer if they have any leftover package of Dhanteras offer.

Thus, my first experience with DishTv has been a horrible one, because I had foregone a very good package offer from TataSky and tried to avail DishTv’s fake offer.

If prospective customers have such experiences with DishTv, I can understand what your existing customers must be going through.

Meanwhile I am going to share this episode with all my colleagues of my company through the common address-board-story on INTRA, and with my nears & dears.
                          Aug 13, 2020

This was the frequent issue from dish tv whenever I pay online renewal it wont affect even in a week.

We have made several complains regarding the issue but each time customer service reprentativ tell that it will start within two hours but since last one week i hearing the same news.
                            Now i want to discontinue the service & want refund of recharge value but they simply denying to return the mony.

Please take the action against them against bussiness cheat.

My dishtv VC ID is : [protected]