[Resolved] Fullerton India — Complaint against Fullerton India Personal Loan Harassment-Under RTI–2005 Sec–19 (1)

Chennai, Chennai District, Tamil Nadu, India
 subburajt
Dear Sir, My name is T. Subburaj from Chennai. I have a Personal Loan account with Fullerton India. My Customer ID: 3538456, LN.AC. No- [protected] and Loan Amount: 1, 16, 550 Dated on 28-Aprl 2012 and monthly EMI - 4645. I want to make a complaint against Fullerton India. Every month my EMI was deducted from my Axis bank account promptly on 3rd of every month. Due to my loss of Job & my family situation I can’t able to pay my EMI properly past 3 months. I apologize for that. However, I gained back my job for the sole reason of paying our Loan. I was the single earning person at my home. A person called me in this month and said “sir your EMI not paid for the last 3 months and you should make payment by today”. To his reply, i explained in my critical situation He said “I don’t want your reason. You should pay your EMI in one shot today before7 O clock. Otherwise your SEBI Profile will be affected and then nobody can help you.” Then on 22nd of Aug 2014 a female collection Manager (Land line number[protected] from Fullerton called me and said that if I don’t pay now, then I will be facing trouble in from her collection team members and then disconnected her call. when I said “I shall report to your Consumer court, higher authorities and lodge a police station...she said. “Do it! I am not going to stop you but that will not stop me calling you!" I am seriously hurt and my emotional balance could not take her words Then again on 27th Aug 2014 I have been getting calls from same female collection Manager. She started verbally harassing me (using bad words) in such a way that I almost though of committing suicide. Also in some situations I am unable to pick their call due to Official / Personal Work and for travel reasons. But the collection agents kept on calling and stated abusing about my inability to pick the call. I never expected a feminine gender to use such filthy language over wire and it is really a great shock to me which yielded me a great Agony and pain while answering their call. She threatens me that if you do not pay the loan EMI then she may have to bring lot of people to my house. What I could understand from her words are that she is threatening me and she will bring rowdies in to my house. I foresee this as a very serious threat to me and my wife. I still do not understand that how can an employee of an organization like Fullerton speak like this? Fulletrtron India is a respectable financial institution / mortgage company. But I am threatened by one of that Employee. I want to Proper action against Fullerton and I demand for cancellation of RBI license under the following act because there will be lot many people facing similar Issue like mine. • Banking Regulation Act, 1949 under section 45 IA • RBI Banking Ombudsman Scheme 2006 • Protected Disclosures Scheme for Private Sector Kindly reply as per Central Information Commission under Section 19 (8) (a) of The Right to Information Act, 2005. Please look into this issue with utmost priority and provide a resolution ASAP

In spite of the detailed explanation about the various Telephonic Follow-ups, I am Surprised to read the reply from Fullerton India saying that such follow-ups made by the collection team has not used any unethical methods.

I wonder which law permits the usage of abusive language over phone and in which context such language is permissible by the law.

As already expressed during my telephonic conversation wit your payment collection team, i am willing to pay in the balance amount.

Thanks & Regards,

SUBBURAJ-T

On Monday, 1 September 2014 12:28 PM, CCRC wrote:

Dear Mr. Subburaj,

This is with reference to your email dated August 28, 2014 regarding the unpleasant experience by collection agent on your loan bearing account number 006525200016350.

We would like to update you with the current standing of your loan account
· Payments towards the last 4 installments have not been received till date
· Your current outstanding as on date is INR 1, 00, 452.79

With respect to the concerns raised by you regarding payment follow-ups, we wish to inform you that our payment assistance team has been following up with you since your installments are overdue. During such follow-ups, our team has not used any unethical methods which are not permissible as per the law.

We request you to make the payment of the overdue installments of INR 1, 00, 452.79 accrued on the said loan account. We will be able to discontinue these follow-ups only when the overdue payments on your loan account are received and your loan account is regularized.

Should you have any further queries pertaining to your loan account, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us at [email protected]

Thanking You,

Customer Service Manager
Customer Complaint Redressal Cell (CCRC)
Fullerton India Credit Co. Ltd.

[Aug 28, 2014] Fullerton India Credit customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

Comments

Dear, My name is Devid Stephen from Bangalore. I have a Personal Loan account with Fullerton India. My Customer ID, Lan [protected] i m paying on time each and every month but as per CIBIL i m not paying on time i have the statement i have missed 2 EMI that 1 year old for that you charging Penal & bounce charges of Rs. 22572.01. please change the my CIBIL status ASAP or if not i will not pay even 1 rupee also. what ever you want you can do. i want CIBIL should change thats all i m paying 34% interest for my loan. if i need to repay the money change my CIBIL right away.

Devid Stephen

+91 22 6749 1234 [Corp Office]
    Supreme Business Park, Floors 5 & 6, B Wing, Supreme IT Park, Supreme City, Powai, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India - 400076
    Fullerton India - Complaint against Fullerton India Personal Loan Harassment-Under RTI–2005 Sec–19 (1)