ICICI Bank

TwitterFacebookLinkedIn
ICICI Bank Towers, Bandra-Kurla Complex
Mumbai City District

ICICI Phone Banking Center

ICICI Bank Tower, 7th floor, Survey no: 115/27, Plot no. 12, Nanakramguda, Serilingampally, Hyderabad – 500032

Registered Office

ICICI Bank Limited, Landmark: Race Course Circle, Vadodara 390 007

20102
Good

ICICI Bank Complaints & Reviews

I opened an ICICI demat account in 2007 with an intention to trade, however, decided to close it down in Dec 2008, as I had never used it.

On 26th December, 2008, I was due to pay Rs 505.62 as the renewal fees. But since I had decided to close it down, I visited ICICI Bank in JP Nagar 6th Phase on 13th December 2008. The (busy) executives told me to visit ICICI Direct. I asked them is it okay to visit JP Nagar, 3rd Phase. They told me “Yes”. So while driving back, I made a stop at ICICI Direct office at JP Nagar, 3rd Phase.

I met Mr Manjunath (RM), and expressed my desire to close the account. He was fairly reluctant to process my request. And instead of giving me any form, gave me a blank paper and asked me to give a written request on the same.

I presumed that things will move and they will close my demat account. However I was oblivious of the fact that it is difficult to get things moving so easily.

In January 2009, I viewed my banks statement and was shocked to see that on 29th December 2008, Rs 505.62 was deducted towards ICICI Demat account, inspite the fact that I had received a hard copy of the formally accepted letter towards the closure of the Demat account.

On 27th January, 2009, I wrote to customer care and forwarded the scanned copy of the letter that I had given to Mr Manjunath at ICICI Direct. On 2nd February, they (ICICI customer care) replied back saying that the account number is incorrectly written. And they forwarded me a copy of the letter which according to them I had sent.

But when I looked at the letter, it was a forged one. They took a print out of the letter that I had sent, changed the account number, and sent it back to me saying that the account number is incorrect.

I am surprised by the audacity of the customer care and also to the extent they can go to forge the letter and indulge in fraudulent practices. I will forward the copies of both the letters if required.

Now the question is, if the executives of India’s one of the top banks will commit such a fraud, then who do we trust???
Aug 13, 2020
I applied for closer of my Demat account No [protected] on 27 Aug 11at Medical college Trivandrum well before due date for AMC. In the month of Oct 11 I came to know that AMC of Rs 559/- approx has been deducted from my a/c. I spoke to customer care in 1st week of Nov 11 and I was told that my Demat a/c is not closed yet because 2nd holder has not signed the closer request. Any way it was done somewhere on 12 Nov or so, but till date it is not conferm that my a/c is closed or still active.
I further request that my a/c may please be closed at the earliest and the amount which has been deducted against AMC for current year please be refunded.

Thanks... Pushp Kumar

Complaint details : today i required a demand draft so as the charges was
    High from taking the dd from canara bank i transferred funds from canara
    Bank to icici bank by using rtgs facility .It was debited from my account
    At 12.20pm on today. As per norms i was supposed to get in icici bank
    Within 2 hours but it was not done till 5.45pm.Result i was not able to
    Get the dd and came back from icici bank without dd which was very
    Nessacary for my bussines
    Now i dont i have sufficient stock for tommorow sale
    Consequences : 1)whole day wasted
    2)no food for the day
    3) no stock for sale
    4)atleast 15 calls made to trace but all in vain
    5)went to icici bank
      Sir/Madam,

I'm Surendra Trimbak Hambir, my car loan a/c no. LAPUN[protected], I have taken car loan...

I wanted to withdraw Rs. 7000 from the GM Road ATM and punched in the same figure in the ATM counter. The Cash that got dispensed was however Rs. 5900 in the form of crumpled/folded notes. Hassled, I called up ICICI Helpline on the spot stating that the receipt however stated that I had withdrawn Rs. 7000. The executive said that I should always withdraw smaller amounts like 500/1000 at one shot and repeat transacxtions for a greater amount!!! However, she assured that it would be sorted.

This incident happened on the 31st January '09 and was followed by constant follow up with the Bank from my side, 5 levels of complaints were registered, promises on call backs made...however, my issue is not resolved...what's more, ICICI has washed off their hands off the matter...They say that their systems confirm that I have received the amount and they are not in the favour of reconciling the same!!!

Unfortunately, only the ATM machine and the Security Gaurd knows...the ICICI executive I spoke to over the phone, from the spot will not vouch for it anyways...The Security Guard who had shirked his respnsibility that day itself, most likely has forgotten (I will be lucky if he remembers me for the fit of rage that I had displayed at the counter that day!)

The sad part is that I have not only lost 1100 bucks, I have lost my faith in the Largest Private Bank in India!!!
        I was working with ICICI bank posted in New delhi South Ex. Branch. I have worked from 22/08/2005 to 26/07/2007....
        Without use of card I have paid Rs.2170/- & still asking for more Rs.3300/-, It may please may be noted
        that Health...

I am having an ICICI bank customer with account no[protected], its atype of reimbursement account...
        The CIBIL record for the individual is a very good tool for both the Credit issuing party and the consumer. But...

I am Mr. Mahesh M S/o Mr. Muniswamy holding Salary Account ( A/c No.[protected] with ICICI Bank Ltd. ( J P Nagar Branch ) since January 2007. It was shocking to know that there has been one more SB account A/c No[protected] opened in my name which is opened from ICICI Bank Hosur Branch ( existing from November 2008 as per the information given from call center ) without my knowledge.

Incident 1

To my surprise I received a letter from ICICI Credit card dept. saying that personal loan against my Credit card no. “[protected]” of Rs 34500/- has been credited to this new account no[protected] which I am totally not aware.

Incident 2

And on top of that One more credit card ( Cr. Card no [protected] ) is existing in my name for which I have not applied and also there is a personal loan of Rs 147000/- is credited to the same fraudulent SB account no[protected] against this credit card without my knowledge.

Kindly investigate about SB A/c no[protected] and Credit Card. No [protected] which is not opened by me. The details pertaining this A/cs are matching with my details. But then some one has used the forged documents to create the SB A/c and Credit card. As there is a huge transaction of Rs 34500/- and Rs 147000/- personal loan credited to this fraudulent SB A/c, I request you to take up this matter with ICICI Bank in finding out the person responsible for the creation of the said account.

My Actual SB A/c and Credit card details are as follows:

SB A/c No.[protected] J p Nagar Branch. ( Since January 2007 )

My Credit Card no [protected] ( Since October 2005 ).

Fraudulent SB A/c and Credit Cards created in my name.

SB A/c No[protected] Hosur Road Branch ( Since November 2008 ).

Credit Card No [protected] ( Since January 2009 ).

I came to know about this only when I received an SMS from credit card dept for transferring Rs 34, 500/- from my credit card to the fraudulent SB A/c.

We got an alternate contact number while verifying my details with newiy opened account details. Mobile no is [protected].

Pls help me out to slove the issue at the earliest.

Thanks & regards
        Mahesh M
        Mob No. [protected]
          my current change of address is

no:13/6, first layout,
          teacher's colony,
          new lakshmipuram,...
          Respected Sir/Madam
          I applied for a credit card to ICICI Bank Ltd; vide application number S[protected] on January...

I have an ICICI Bank Credit Card which expired in 2003. I have not really usued this card for at least 6 years now. In 2008, I decided to close this card and make a full settlement. When I requested for the same, I was visited by en executive of the bank with a serttlement letter (No. 0467755) stating that I needed to pay Rs. 27000/- towards the full settlement in 3 installments of Rs. 9000 each (first in cash & 2 PDC'). As my salary account was still not open, I could not provide him with the cheques and asked him if he could collect the money in casj to which he agreed. So I paid him Rs. 27000/- in 3 installments the last being paid in Nov 2006. However, after the final payment was made, I was told that I would be getting my no dues statement in one month's time. But I never received the same. When I tried calling the branch, they simply banged the phone on me. On one occasion when I did get connected, they said they have no records for the payment. Fortunately, I knew a very senior person at another Bank who approched ICIC regarding my account and finally I got a call from the bank in December end.

Even then, I have not yet received the no due statement. I am still getting monthly statement with a due payment of 35000/-. And I receive at least 20 calls a day from the ICICI call centre asking me to make the payment.

This is all very disgusting and I don't know whom to approach to get this sorted out.

I, Lalitha Prathima was issued a credit card of ICICI in 2007 Oct.However till date i have never used it . But the bank has included a healthy policy of 7000/- aprrox along with the credit card without my consent.I came to know about it and cancelled the policy in April.So the amount was refunded back to the credit card.Later I have requested for credit card cancellation . I got a mail informing credit card has been cancelled . But recently i came to my notice that it was not cancelled instead permanently deactivated and credit card is being billed .Now they say me to pay a minimum amount of 10, 000 to clear the outstanding amount and cancel the credit card which I have never used .
            Please kindly help me with a solution .

Thanks and Regards,
            I AM REALLY FRUSTRATED AND ANNOYED AS EVERYBODY IN ICICICI BANK IS TRYING TO FOOL ME AND CHANGE A SIMPLE CITIZEN INTO A GOONDA.
            IN JANURAY I HAD REQUESTED TO CLOSE MY CREDIT CARD WITH THE AMOUNT STTELED FOR 34000/- AFTER THAT I RECIEVED NUMBER OF CALLS I WAS TOLD PLEASE PAY MINIMUM AMOUNT U WUILL RECIEVE A LETTEROF SETTLEMENT I PAID BUT NO LETTER CAME THEN I STARTED GETTING CALLS AGIN THIS TIME FROM GUNDAS TURNING MAJNUS ON THE PHONE FLIRTINGB ETC... I AGAIN GOT A CALL TO PAY MY AMOUNT I SAID I WANT TO PAY BUT WHOM SHAL I PAY THEY SAY YOUR REQUEST WAS NOT FORWARDED SOMEBODY IN THE CUSTOMER CARE FOOLED U .PLEASEE PAY 5000 CASH AND U WILL RECIEVE THE LETTER OF SETTLEMENT IN 3 DAYS TIME I GAVE CASH TILL DATE I HAVE NOT RECIEVED ANY SETTLEMENT LETETTER .

AND NOT LAST BUT THE LEAST THIS MONTH 2600/- RS WAS SLASHED FROM MY SAVING ACCOUNT WHO GAVE U THE AUTHORITY TO TOUCH MY ACCOUNT FROM WHERE DID U GET THE GO AHEAD TO TOUCH MY ACCOUNT HOW CAN U DARE TO TOUCH MY ACCOUNT. THAT MEANS MY MONEY IS NOT SAFE IN YOUR BANK???????????????????

WHEN I WANT TO PAY MY SETTLEMENT AMMOUNT WHICH IS NOW 24400/- WHY R U NOT LETTEING ME PAY AND GET RID OF THIS CREDIT CARDS VICIOUS TRAP AND SICK CYCLE...A TOTAL FRAUD.
            DEAR SIR/MADAM I WANT TO DEACTIVATE MY CREDIT CARD AS FROM LAST MANY TIME I SUFFER FROM EXTRA CHARGES ON MY CREDIT CARD MY NO IS [protected] WAITING FOR YOUR CALL
              Ref- 'ICICICARE[protected] Product: Feedback on Customer First Series,
              Re-dispute regarding transaction on...
              my loan number is LAAMT[protected]. I have not yet received my loan statement of my car loan.please send it to me by e mail...

Dear sir / Madam,
              My Credit Card No. [protected] on the name of G.KALYAN RAO and my customer Id. 1215614. My mobile No.[protected].

I would like to bring to your notice about the wrong selling by ICICI credit card division just for thier advantage and misleading the valuable customers.
              I have received a call form ICICI call centre and whose name was not disclosed to me.
              He spoke to me regarding the Balane Transfer options and asking me for the utilisation of the same.
              Initially i have denied to take the Balance Transfer option since i was not having any dues for any of the credit cards that i am holding.
              But the gentleman has told me some how to accept for the Balance Transfer options so that my ICICI credit card limit will be enhanced by 2.5 lakh rupees and at the same time the interest rates will come down to 1% from existing 3%.
              And he has given me the idea that somebody will call me after his call and he has asked me to say yes to the Balance Transfer option and requested me to give any of my existing credit cards number apart from the ICICI credit card. so that the Balance Transfer cheque will be prepared.
              And he has promised me over the telephonic conversation that after my confirmation for the balance transfer option he will look in to the matter and he will cancel my cheque very immediately and it will not be sent to me.
              He has told me that all these things can be done internally with in the Bank and Balance Transfer cheque will not be issued and subsequently my credit limit will be enhanced.
              And he has told me that amount given to me as Balance Transfer is interest free for the first three months.
              Infact i was liitle confused and i have said yes for the Balance Transfer option according to him just to get my credit limit enhancement.And i have told him several times that i really dont require any Balance Transfer amount since i dont have any dues. But he has promised that he will cancel the pay order after generation and it is common practice in the bank.
              So, according to him i have received another call from and i have given my Axis Bank credit card number.
              But unfortunately i have recieved a Pay order from ICICI Bank vide cheque number 463033 dated 05/01/2009 on the name of Axis Bank credit card.
              But i was not having any dues and i can not utilise your cheque which was issued on the name of Axis Bank Ltd. credit card.
              And I understood that I was misguided by the ICICI bank people.
              Now i dont want to use the cheque and i want to return it to ICICI. So, what should i do?
              I request you to look in to this subject and this kind of wrong selling should not happen to any other customers.
              I request you to take severe actions against the responsible person who spoke to me over the phone immediately otherwise the reputaion of the bank will be spoiled.
              I am enclosing the attachement of the Pay order.
              Pls help me out of this issue and guide me what should i do since i dont want to utilise the Balance Transfer option. And very immediately i want to return the cheque to ICICI.
              with regards...G.KALYAN RAO Ph: [protected]
              Unauthorised blocking of Bank account

The balance in my ICICI Saving bank account has been blocked. i have talked to customer care and they are saying that credit card division has given them instruction for blocking the amount. My question is who has given the authority to Credit card people to operate my bank account. I have not agreed and has not signed on the particular clause which give them authority for the same. I am a Chartered Accountant. I will complain to the Reserve Bank for such irresponsible banking operstions where the privacy of the customer is at stake and any one can do whatever they want with the bank account. On 24/09/2007 ICICI Lomboard called my wife to explain about their product, she has given my number to talk to me, by the time ICICI Lomboard debited Rs.5, 860 to my wife's add on card, immediately we have called ICICI Bank Call center, but they refused to accept a complaint mentioning ICICI Lomboard is their sister concern, today i am suffering because of their fradulent selling of their insurance product to me.

Madhusudhan.G.

ICICI Bank Ltd
                Vashi Branch ( In front Apana Bazar Sector -17)

Sub- QAB Charges ( A/c No- SB NRE[protected]

I am surprised and shocked that eight hundred forty three Indian rupees ( Rs.843 ) is deducted on 3rd Feb 2009 from my account as QAB charges for Dec 2008 quarter even though my QAB for December Quarter was more than ten thousand Indian Rupees(Rs.10000)

FYI, I had opened this account in 2001, and that time bank asked me to maintained 5000 QAB to prevent QAB Charges, And QAB charges Rs 250/ per quarter.

Pls Explain me, Why did you deduct Rs. 843 from my account as QAB charges.

It is difficult to believe that one on the largest privet bank can adopt this type of irregularities in banking .

I am quite hopeful that you will take a prompt action and will do needful to return back Rs.843 as deducted QAB charges

Samir Agrawal
                ICICI Bank A/C No[protected]

+91-[protected]

ICICI Bank — Without asking deducted Rs.843

On my account, without asking ICICI bank deducted Rs. 843 and now they are denying to credit the same

icici bank fraud — my account robbed by icici bank

Pls Explain me, Why did you deduct Rs. 843 from my account as QAB charges.

Ammount from my ICICI a/c was taken out by some person (named: Rajesh Ramesh Pawar) withou my knowledge through Internet Banking.
                2 months bank told me that we will return your money after investigation complete. Now they are telling me that investigation completed and saying that it is my fault i shared passwords with that person and bank will not return money. I even dont know who is he. Police is not taking my fir saying it should be launched by bank. Can i file compaint against bank at consumer court? Please help me
                TO ICICI MANAGER sir ...i just want to know for wat qab charges deducted frm my account of Rs 821...this is not done...as we are not informed about it earlier...kindly let us know why these charges hv been deductd from my account
                ICICI Bank Ltd
                Sopperix Mall Branch (Noida Sec-62)

Sub- QAB Charges ( A/c No- SB[protected]

I am surprised and shocked that eight hundred forty three Indian rupees ( Rs.827 ) is deducted on 9th Oct 2010 from my account as QAB charges for Jul 2010 quarter even though.

I am quite hopeful that you will take a prompt action and will do needful to return back Rs.827 as deducted QAB charges

Rahees Ahmed Amaan

+91-[protected]
                ICICI Bank Ltd
                Thiruvananthapuram Branch (Noida Sec-62)

Sub- QAB Charges ( A/c No- SB[protected]

I am surprised and shocked that eight hundred forty seven Indian rupees ( Rs.827 ) is deducted many times from my account as QAB charges.

I am quite hopeful that you will take a prompt action and will do needful to return back as deducted QAB charges

Renjith .S

ICICI Bank Limited — QAB charges

Dear sir/madam,

I was customer to icici bank since 4 years.previously my icici account is salary account.recently it got transferred to general account.In this month from my total balance Rs.827 was deducted aganist qab charges. I did not get any warning message from the bank.simply they deducted 827 rs from my account with any intimation. please do favour for me sir.

We regret the problem caused to you. Please send us your contact details at [protected]@icicibank.com and we shall get in touch with you soon. Kindly refer '2341316' in the subject line.

ICICI Bank Customer Service Team

Fraud done by your team - My Loan No.LBHYD[protected]

I have applied Housing Loan for Plot puchase and construction of House in 2nd week of February08. I have received disbusement for plot purchase in 03 March'08. And after that I have applied for Muncipal permission to construct the House. I have received municipal permission from Municipality in 2nd week of August08. In third week of August08 i have submitted Municipal permission, my actual work plan and Estimation to ICICI Bank (personally handedover Mr.K.Chaitanya mobile no.[protected]. And i have asked him that can i start consruction as per the work plan submitted to him. He confirmed me if i start construction as per the actual work plan submitted their will not be any problem in disbursement the funds. I have asked him for written confirmation. He informed me there will not be any written confirmation and told me to start construction as per the actual work plan submitted. As per the discussion i have started construction and i have informed him for arranging inspection of my site for further disbursement. At that time also i have asked him is there any problem because he was delaying inspection and he asked me to submit once again all the documents then again i have submitted my sale deed, municipal permission copy, estimation and actual work plan. In the month of October08 he arranged inspection of the site and your inspection team visited my site and in the inspection report mentioned that construction was not up to the piller level. Mr.Chaitanya informed me to complete the construction up to piller level. I have constructed basement and pillers (upto 4 ft only) your team informed me to construct piller level upto 10 feet. As per the suggestion given by your staff i have started construction up to piller level of 10feet. After completion of construction i have informed to Mr.K.Chaitanya for arranging inspection and for further disbursement. After so many followups in November08 he has arranged once again for inspection of site and your inspection team visited my site. When i have asked Mr.Chaitanya for further disbursement he told me that in the inspection team mentioned in the report that pillers coming in roadwidening area. Whereas I have kept 4.75 feet as vacant area as per the actual work plan submitted. The same thing i have informed to him. Mr.Chaitanya told i will convince them it is not a problem this is very minor thing, it is not even a deviation. I am very tension about my loan disbursement and i have asked so many times to Mr.Chaitanya that is there any problem. He told at that time also there is not a problem he will take Mr.Anand - Sales manage's sanction for this case. And also told me he will arrange for inspection once again. After few days when i called him he not even lifted his cell. Then i thought there is something serious and i met Mr.Anand - Sales manager he told he is not aware of this thing. And he told he is not handling my file. But assured me he will talk to Mr.Chaitanya and get back to me. He also told me that he is not in a position to assure any thing. After i followed up with so many times then he told me that i can't get further disbursemet. After starting construction as per your employee Mr.K.Chaitanya's advise i have invested so much money and my contractor who is doing construction of house is after me for money. For all those things i faced so much of mental tension. Even after that also i have approached your Sales Regional Manager Mr.Shashank (at Begumpet office). He listened everything and infront of me only called Mr.Chaitanya and asked about the problem. Mr.Chaitanya informed that inspection team when they visited site they have not told any thing about piller is coming in roadwidening area. After 2nd inspection only they told this. Mr.Shashank told me that will do something and try solve the issue. But he has not called me. Again i have approched him he told i will call within a day. After that Mr.Srihari (he told me his name) called me and informed me he will once again arrange for inspection. But Mr.Srihari was too late when Mr.Shashank was not responding i thought there is no use continuing the loan with icici bank and i have arranged money and closed my loan. But before that only i have given the following complaints but there is no response from your bank. Actually, if it happens with any other bank they will immediately respond like anything because it is the mistake of your bank (ICICI Bank is responsible for wrong commitment employees) 1. Complaint No.SR88960718 ON[protected]. Complaint No.SR89823359 ON[protected]. Complaint No.SR91852379 ON 05-01-09 Apart from the above i have given so many complaints to your call centre about cheating done by your Bank. If anything wrong in my plan your people should inform at the time submitting the Municipal Plan and Actual Work plan copies. At that time your people told everything is fine and told me start and proceed for construction. From starting onwards Mr.Chaitanya only handled my file and as per committment given by him I have received disbursement for plot purchase. That is the reason i have trusted him and i have not asked anybody in your bank. But actually i have deviated anything and i have checked that piller is not coming in roadwidening area. These four months i have faced so much of sleepless mental tension and my contractor was harrassing me for money. And so many times he told me becuase of me my contractor is engaging labour idle and i have to pay money for that also. Because of your mistakes i have faced so much of tention therefore i demand you to pay Rs.5, 00, 000/- as compensation for doing the mistakes by your team. If you don't respond properly then i have no other option except to approach CONSUMER FORUM AND ALSO TO INFORM MEDIA ABOUT THE CHEATING DONE BY YOUR BANK. I HAVE ALSO SEEN IN YOUR ICICI BANK - BEGUMPET BRANCH THAT SOMANY CUSTOMERS ARE READY FIGHT WITH YOU. Waiting from you a Compensation of Rs.5, 00, 000/- towards damages for wrong commitments and made me to suffer mental tension and harrassment from my contractor.

Thanking you,

Yours sincerely,

K.HARI GOPALA KRISHNA
                    This is straight forward cheating. when the rate of interest was increasing ICICI didn't increase the EMI and reduced...
                    I am writing to you after being completely fed up with the ICICI bank and its absolutely non committed staff....