Idea Cellular

1922
Good

Idea Cellular Complaints & Reviews

Idea Cellular :
I am a post paid user of the cellular company.
Last month, I deposited my bill(in time) through check in the
drop box available near my house. It usually takes only
one day to reach the check to the company.
After 10 days, I my outgoing was barred and the computer
response system, told the reason for the same is not paying bill
in time(in fact I deposited the same 10 days ago).
After talking to the customer care, as per their information
the check was not received. So, I dispatched one more check to the
company. Next day, the customer care operator of Idea told me that
it would take 2 to 3 days for them to receive the check and till then
I have to wait and my outgoing call would remain barred.
I got frustrated after all this. Still, keeping patience, I then deposited
the bill through credit-card and my no. got activated. As i deposited the bill,
as per Idea people, they didn't received my check, I thought its better to stop
the two checks, so I did the same.
After few hours, (when I made my payment on-line my phone got activated,
I received 2 sms from idea that they have received both the checks !!! (Unbelievable, the check which they couldn't receive for 10 days, they received it in a few hrs after the on-line payment...??)
After a few days, I got a message that Rs.100 is added to my bill as fine for late payment.
And then I got one more message that Rs. 450 has also been added to my bill, as I stopped the check..(which they didn't get!!...)
So, I would suggest everyone NEVER USE IDEA...!!
It can really cange your life!!!
Aug 13, 2020
An idea can really change your life.
In February, 2007, I purchased an idea prepaid connection assuring me the facility of free local idea to idea balance of Rs. 250 per month. Now suddenly, from Dec. 2008, this balance has disappeared from my no.(which was supposed to come till Feb, 2008). After contacting the customer care centre and having a word with 5 customer care executives, 2 supervisors and 1 senior supervisor( because every time you call in, your call will be handled by a different person and you will have to repeat your problem story all together again), they told me that this facility has been removed from my no. and for that matter, allthe nos. with such facility because I dared to use this sim in any other handset not belonging to Motorola. On compaining about the fact that this was not told initially either by the company or the dealer, both the dealer and the company started passing blames on each other. Having said that, I would also like to mention that I do have one more prepaid no. having the same scheme, which was continuously used in a Nokia handeset in which the scheme still exist. Both the nos. were purchased from the same dealer and on having a word with the dealer, he refused about any such intimation by the company about using it in just motorola handset and even gave in the name of the distributor. But the company always try to remain away from all the hurdles and the difficulties caused due to them to their customers, because the supervisor to whom I spoke even refused to tell me the process to file a compaint against the company nor did he allow me to speak to any one else in the company when I showed dissatisfaction to their false explanations.

Such is the service provided by such a big cellular company.
I m idea bill received bill take and care
as i am out of city, kindly activate my password on my idea online account for no-[protected], so that i can make online payment of the current dues
i want my un due bill, my mobile number is [protected], idea customer care service is very poor,
idea Network is India's very Poor & very bad Service Provider . it's company should be closed .Sarvesh Rana Delhi NCR.
my ABN Amro credit cards has been used by fraud to make idea payments. request you to help resolve this fraud. uptill now was requesting ABN Amro to help, but they do not have any capability to resolve these frauds.

ref : transaction dated 28th April 2009
T83107 - Rs.2000
T91552 - Rs.3000

kindly help detatect who has mede this transaction. if swiped, then the slip
if electronically - then through pinging number.
my ABN Amro credit card has been used by fraud to make payments. request your help to locate the fraud.
ref : ABN Amro CC # [protected]
fraud entries Dt.28th April 2009
T92685 - RS.10000
T93107 - Rs, 2000
T91552 - RS.3000
T92081 - Rs.1000
T92840 - Rs.1001
T92199 - Rs.10000

kindly provide evidence for booking police complain.

Re : Unethical Practice of Idea Cellular Ltd

Respected Sir,

I have a connection of Idea Mobile no. [protected]. I received bill for Rs. 7873.29 and found that the bill is incorrect and include a number of fictitious call. Thereafter, we spoke with one of your executive and he sent settlement letter for Rs. 6500/-- dated[protected] IDEA/DELHI /CDL/6001/1.10491661. Then later, another executive Mr. B. K. soni whose mobile number [protected] had finalized it for Rs. 6000.00 and We paid the same on dated[protected] vide receipt number RNM[protected]. After full and final settlement, we again received a bill of Rs. 1873.29. We were surprised and shocked to get a bill after full payment from our side. Not only that, we started receiving abusive, threatening and torturing calls from the company using foul and harsh language. Above all, the company used worst language possible without knowing whether they are talking young or old. They also, started to call to our friends, family members, relatives, business associated and well wishers and used foul and cheap language which is unethical and below business level and standard. By this way, they are giving us mental tension, making harassing us at any odd hours. We are continuously receiving calls from the said Company through the mobile numbers [protected] - Mr. Puskar Yadav, [protected], [protected], [protected], [protected] etc.

We were literally bugged up and finally decided to send legal notice to them through our lawyer Mr. Gordhan Dass on 17-06-08 vide EMS receipt number SP ED[protected]IN. This was not enough; they again started giving calls in same filthy language format. It shows that they don’t care with country’s law and order.
    In view of the above, we request your good office to take appropriate action against Idea Cellular Ltd. Today, we are victim of this and tomorrow it could be multiple. We are thankful and hopeful that we get some sigh of relief from your support and action against Idea Cellular Ltd.
    Thanking you and looking forward to hear from you at the earliest.
    Yours truly,

Name : Rajat Jain
    Address : C/O : Kanwar Lal Jain, H.No. B – 135, Block – A / 2F, Keshav Puram, Near Park, Delhi – 110035 Phone : [protected], 27393868

idea cell — used faul language

used me too faul language and say to me that what i do her{female}?
    they tell me wrong identity, ,
    all the functions done by noida zonal office..
    responce me at my mail as sooon as possible...
    here i cant published my number..
    thanx

I am using iDEA postpaid plan 444 for last one and a half year. I used to call my parents (STD call) daily 2-3 times. But maximum number of times I got a message form iDEA that "DUE TO NETWORK CONGESTION" connection can not be established and if I am lucky enough and connection established (after redialing the number again and again) then it gets dropped after 2-3 minutes.

I have lodged complaint regarding this problems several times, even I gave the numbers of my parents to the customer care executives but no result.

Now I am planning to change the service provider.

Jayanta Bora

I am Prepaid custumer of "IDEA Cellular Ltd" from more than last one year. My IDEA Mobile No is...

I had purchased a sim card of IDEA at PUNE. It had life long validity and now i realise it has been misplaced. The number has not been in use by me since 2006. The reason being I was posted to Jabalpur. Here I have another number of IDEA [protected] with life long validity. Now I need the sim of PUNE again. I dont remenber the number either. Thus, I expect complete help from the company as I am an old customer.

I had an idea prepaid connection for last 7 years, recently I got a call from some idea marketing executive, saying that...

Hi, I am getting a haox call from the recovery agents of idea cellular service.they are calling in my (RajeevKumar) And my wife's (Pooja Gupta) cell for the recovey of an amount that for the number which are not belongs to us . they are call ing us in odd hours and always use abusive language.
          Can u please advice me wht step i have to take ?
          They are demanding us money for the bill which noither on our name's not even belongs to us . If some body called us on the nuber and then made a fourd then we are responsibale for this ?

Please help us . and guide us to where we complinet for this .

I had used two idea idea post paid connection numberd as [protected] and [protected] around 1 yr back...after stisfctory using of the services and with due payment of the bills i request for my connection to be cut and my connection was cut with all bills being cleared by me.
            I got my refund checks 2 months later but the probem arose when the spelling of my name was written wrong on those cheques. It was written Shriesth Kulsresth in place of SHIREESH KULSHRESHTHA.
            I went to the bank to ask if it culd be refunded as suggested by the customer care executive of Idea cellular Sanjay place agra..but those checks were returned back to me and then i submitted those cheques to the executive there at Idea cellular sanjay place agra.. then again month passed i contacted him but he used to just beat arnd the bush and tell me tht its bioeng processed..
            Sumtimes he wuld just ignore my phone calls but after a certain period of time he told me to contact the Zonal Office at Agra.. I contacted there and the exectutive told me tht he had seen the cheques then which had been with him for a period of 1 month i guess nd told me tht my work of getting the cheques reissued with correct name would be done and within a period of 2 months ill get back my cheques..
            Those chequest were of a value Rs arnd 500 each.. now after a period f 1.5 monts when i hav contacted the zonal office at agra they say tht the work cannot be done and its my mistake i didnt get the name corrected when the connection was active thought i had asked the idea customet executive at sanjay place to get tht corrected nd he had taken it in a light manner and said it made no difference...and i can very well assure u tht i hav written the name correctly on the preconnection form tht u give...Now these ppl are not able to find those cheques back when i asked them for the uncorrected forms back nd making one or the other excuses..
            Sir.
            I kindly request u to look into the matter as its a matter of the hard earned money of mine and a total of Rs 1050 of mine are at stake...M sure tht ull look into the matter and look into my aspect of matter too as i need money..

Idea celluar post paid conection — Regarding refund of Security money

Idea Cellular — Refund of Security Money

I was having an idea number in Hyderabad and the number was [protected], it almost now three years that I have surrendered the phone, for which I have got the evidence, (further after submitting my phone that time, I have received one more phone bill, which was not correct), but till date I have not received the refund of security money.

Ajay Kumar Kaushik
            1. September, Octomber & November 2007 total bill statment.
            2. Octomber, November & December 2008 total bill statment.

Idea — refund of security money

i was having post paid IDEA connection No [protected].wanted to convert from post paid to prepaid,Idea Distributor took 2 Months to convert, Zonal Office and 6 times to Distributor.
            at the time of conversion i was assured by IDEA zonal office and distributor that my security money 1000 Rs lying with them will be refunded by A/C payee cheque within 15 days of conversion.
            after waiting 3 months when i inquired about security money, it was informed that talk time of Rs1274 has been put to my phone 2.5 month ago,when i enquired that how 1274 Rs was credited instead of Rs 1000.she confirmed that excess billing of Rs 300 was done in your A/C and we have paid service tax on this amount to Govt,that has been deducted and balance is credited to you as talk time, when i asked how over billing was done in a programmed computer billing system,he starting shouting, inspite of my repeated reminder about her tone she kept on shouting.
            my complaints are
            1 when security money was taken in cash how it was returned in Kind(talk time),this is forcible selling of product, how can you bill be without my consent and adjust my security money. this is clear breach of trust.why you have not informed me that my security is adjusted.
            2 my payments were against bills raised by you time to time,how and when you have charged be excess amount,if at all it was your fault then why should i be held responsible for the amount paid as service tax by you

it is requested to arrange refund of security money along with excess amount charged also explain how excess billing was done .

Amarjeet Singh Nanda

Idea Cellular — reg refund of security money

This is DEV KUMAR . I have taken IDEA Prepaid cellular connection mobile no .[protected] during 2004 from Horizon communication, Lajpat Nagar Delhi while I was posted in Delhi and deposited Rs. 450/- on account of security money.The reperesentative of idea cellular told me as and when you will surrender the connection the security money will be return to you.
            I was transfered from Delhi to Muzaffarpur(bihar) during 2009 . I surrended the pre paid connection Aug. 2009 After lapse of one year neither any communication nor security money refundeed to me till date. It is therefore requested kundly arrange to refund my secuity money at the earliest.

Yours

e-mail- [protected]@rediffmail.com
            mobile no. [protected]

Idea Prepaid — Account barred [Resolved]

My IDEA prepaid number is [protected]
              I was abroad and did not use it for 2 months.
              When I came back I topped...

I have taken a new Idea pre paid connection no [protected]. I have submitted my ID proof and address proof along with prepaid form for number [protected] on 7-Jun-08 at Idea showroom in Shalimar garden (Shahibabad). But the services for this number are not boing activated yet.Previously also i mailed the scanned copy of my documents at ccare.[protected]@idea.adityabirla.com. I called to customer care they are telling that they need an 8-digit request number, which is not provided to me. I am suffering from this since last two weeks, this is really irritating and wastage of my valuable time.kindly look into the matter and mail that request number to me. I want my number to be activated within 24 Hrs.
              You are requested to re-activate my number ([protected]) with immediate effect.Waiting for ur response...

Hope u will help me in this aspect ASAP...

Thanks & regards
              sunder singh
              I disagree. I appreciate the Idea Service. Mobile No. [protected]

My mobile no is [protected]. This is my 2 email to you, i have facing connectivity problem form last 5 to 6 day, when ever I call somebody connection is disconnect automatically. My battery is full charged, Both the phone are in coverage (Pune) still this problem occurred. Please find some solution for the same. You can call me on above no or email me [protected]@rediff.co.in
                Please do the needful

Amol Guldagad
                DEAR
                SIR
                I AM CALLING TO CUSTOMER CARE FROM 1 MONTH AND TELLING THEM THAT PLZ DEACTIVATED MY SERVICE WHICH IS ACTIVATED WITHOUT MY PERMISSION MY PROBLEM IS AUTOMATICALLY MY SERVICES ACTIVATED WITHOUT MY PERMISSION U CAN CHECK FROM YOUR COMPUTER THAT I AM CALLING FROM 1 MONTH MY SERVICES THEY R NOT CLOSING THERE R 2 TU 3 SERVICES ACTIVATED WITHOUT ANY REASON I AM NOT RECHARGE MY MOBILE ALSO BECAUSE THEY AGAIN ACTIVATED MY SAME SERVICES, SIR THIS MY LAST AND FINAL CALL U OTHERWISE I WILL NOT RECHARGE MY MOBILE ALSO, AND I WILL TAKE ANOTHER NO OF ANY OTHER COMPANY OR U CAN TALK WITH ME PLZ HELP ME MY MOBILE NO IS [protected]
                MY NAME IS SAHIL AND MY LAST RECHARGE IS RS 50 AND MY ADDRESS IS D-11, HOUSE NO 40 SEC 8

I have been using 2 Idea postpiad connects for the last 4 years. For the past 6 months I am being worngly...

i have idea's card. last month i.e. in the month of may i had recharged with rs.89/- sms voucher. after that in the next month they have charged me a 89/- more and renew my sms pack without my permission and without informing.now my balance is in nagative. and they r saying that this is auto renewal system. please take some action against them.

Idea Cellular — DOING WITHOUT PERMISSION

HI
                  My name is Sachin Kumar & My number is [protected] . I have to closed my 2 & half year nuber due to poor service of Idea. I said to idea to close my connection & refund my security on 11 th may but on 10th june i visited to Idea showroom where is security as it is not adjusted in my bill. Then what they did they applied for my security on their own on the same day without even telling me. then i talk to their customer care executive he said that u have applied for your security today, When i visit their showroom in the evening that why you applied on today then they said u came & shouting on us thats why we applied for your security. Then again I said that why you applied while i never gave any instruction to you then what did? They cancelled my request of security.
                  what is goin on in idea
                  They can do anything they want my request to all the consumer kindly check their bills while paying them as i never do
                  They can do what ever with your request
                  They can do anything in your accounts on theri own
                  Sachin kumar
                  respected sir
                  29th sepetember2009 ko maine 30 ka recharge karwaya tha us din maine company se kisi bhi tara k offer k activation k liye request nahi kiya tha lekin company ne mer 15 ka balance deduct kar diya aur customer care k taraf se mujhe bilkul bhi response nahi mil raha hai. jiske wajah se mai idea cellurlar se kafi dukhi hoon. please mera balances phir se credit kar do
                  respected sir
                  my name is shagir shaikh.
                  my mobile no is [protected]
                  29th sepetember2009 ko maine Rs 30 ka recharge karwaya tha us din maine company se kisi bhi tara k offer k activation k liye request nahi kiya tha lekin company ne mera Rs 15 ka balance deduct kar diya aur customer care k taraf se mujhe bilkul bhi response nahi mil raha hai. jiske wajah se mai idea cellurlar se kafi dukhi hoon. please mera balances phir se credit kar do

sir
                    i am very sorry to write this, but cnt help it, ..it has come to situation where i cannot MAKE A CALL FROM 6PM...
                    Idea has provided a helpline number [protected] for its postpaid users in Maharashtra.
                    On May 29, 2008, I tried to...
                    I bought an Idea prepaid number [protected] three weeks ago. The number was working fine till last week. Since last week I...
                    i m a very old customer of idea prepaid i m very happy with thier services but from last 3-4 months i and my wife both...

I would like to tell you the exact situation that what exactly happened and under what circumstances.br...

I just can't get enough words to describe the pathetic service that idea provides. how does one capture their outburst in written, but yes idea users have no other option as there is no customer care no. for idea (i mean where a cust. care executive listens to you), they just have recorded messages that will make you kill youselves.

now, why did I want to speak to cust. care, i (being a stupid) took the stupid connection of idea for myself (was told that STD rates are Rs.1.30/min), some SMS had to be sent to activate the new std rates, did that. i was sent a message saying, the rates would be active in 48 hours, it has been precisely 120 hours since the sms was sent, but the facility never got activated, i sent the msg again, got the reply again, but after that msg one more set of 48 hrs have passed, still m being charged Rs. 2.75/min for STD calls. that's really pathetic.

these days when customers are given the best treatment by other service providers, idea has such poor service, this is unbelievable.

i feel like being trapped coz i have taken two recharges on this pathetic sim card, i feel like throwing it away, but can’t...

one more thing, if you want to make calls, there is one main criteria, i.e. network, but here also idea chooses to be the worst, u just won’t get the network, even i[censored] r standing under open sky..unbelieveable isn't it...

that's ‘!dea’ for you...birla's idea to make you a fool...
                    dear sir
                    i cant acess my gprs service plz send me all detail of gprs connection i.e how to activate the gprs connection in mobile to pc and what charges is reqired to pay..
                    my mobile number is [protected]
                    hi,
                    i have received many calls from idea in a day.
                    its very hampering
                    Pls. deactivate my dialer tone. No.: [protected]
                    i have recharge 222 rs. of yesterday . but i have not receved my
                    money on my mobile. so i am not happy becouse i am a student
                    my no. +91 [protected]
                    hi,
                    i have received many calls from idea in a day
                    please call again &again
                    my no +[protected]
                    dear sir m being charged every day an ammount of rs 3...why i dnt knw !!
                    plz help me wid dat .. !
                    please kindly tell me idea to idea free
                    i want duplicate sim same number
                    [protected] up west
                    when ever we try calling customer care 12345, we are not able to Listen properly the answering machine

This is to inform that there are too much of idea cellular scheme calls are coming on my cell phone. I get 20 idea calls per...