Meru Cabs Customer Care
Meru Cab Company Pvt. Ltd.

Meru Cabs Customer Care

Meru Cab Company Pvt. Ltd.

TwitterFacebookYoutube
128, IJMIMA, Raheja Metroplex, Malad (West)
Mumbai City District
Landmarks:Off Link Road

Awesome

Meru Cabs related photos (61)

Meru Cabs Complaints & Reviews

to_samyak
Hi All,

It is very shameful that after getting confirmation also the service is not up to the mark and make us extra harassment by Meru Cab driver (KA03D6096). We booked the meru cab from Yeshvantpur railway station at 4 pm. The driver reached early at 3:30 pm and we reached there at 4:20 pm but the driver confirmed that he is not waiting any more and left the place. There is a provision of waiting charge but we are still in dilemma that why the driver reached half an hour early and left the place without waiting for us.

Please improve the service so that we, the normal people can get the smooth service in Bangalore.

Samy.

praddyin

The complaint is against Meru Cab Bangalore. I did a cab booking on October 06, 2010 for 8:00 clock drop to Majestic Bus Stand from RTNagar. The reference number is 756063. I was told the cab has been booked and I also recevied a reference number.

Around 7:45 when I called I was told the cab has been cancelled. This is riduclous, I should have been informed about this prior but no email, SMS or phone call was done. This kind of service is pathetic. Meru cab should put there system in place and on cacellation they should inform the commuters much in advance. They should be answerable to me about this cancellation with an apology.

Thanks and Regards,

Pradeep

vkpradeepnair
      I HAD HIRED YOUR CAB THIS ( 27/09/10) MORNING FROM HYDERABAD AIRPORT TO SAIDABAD .THE TAXI NO WAS AP28VA0951 MR NAGESH IS THE DRIVER.THE AMOUNT COLLECTED BY THE DRIVER WAS RS 500 AGAINST A METERED AMOUNT OF RS 387.25.THE EXPLANATION WAS THIS IS THE MINIMUM AMOUNT.WHEN I CONTACTED YOUR CUSTOMER CARE IN HYD - MR ADITYA ,HE REPLIED HE WILL REGISTER THE COMPLAINT & COME BACK TO ME BY 5.00PM THIS EVENING(27/09/2010) BUT AS ON DATE THEY NOT RESPONDED .I WANT MY RS 112.75 WHICH WAS COLLECTED EXCESS TO BE RETURNED TO ME.

M Mahaboob Hussain
        Dear Sir / Madam,

I have booked a cab from Meru Cabs on 8th September, 2010 at 21:36 Hrs for a booking to be made on 9th September, 2010 at 17:30 Hrs to pick me from Chinthal to Secunderabad Railway Station. Later to the confirmation made by the Customer Support Representative : Uma. I received a reference number: 458959 from[protected] at 21:43 Hrs. However the Customer Support representative made a booking at 5:30 am and deployed a cab and chaeufer who called me on my mobile in the early hours at 5:00 am with regard to pickup.

I explained to the chaeufer that i requested cab for evening not in the early hours for which he apologized.

Later to that i called back the Meru Cabs Customer support and explained the situation and they have re-booked the cab. I have been asked to specify the timings of booking for which i asked the CSR (Arif) to book it in the evening at 18:30 Hrs for which he confirmed that booking was made however, no reference number was forwarded to my mobile.

I had to call back the meru cabs at around 11:00 am and ask them for reference number for the booking made for which CSR (Sruti) has processed by request and she had forwarded the message by 11:15 am. The reference number sent across to my mobile was 461037.

At around 17:57 i received a message to my mobile that Mr TSRK Prasad will reach me with cab number: AP28VA0048 and mobile number [protected]. However, there were no signs of call or cab. I had to call to the mobile number given in the message for which there was no reply or answer from the mobile.

I had to call back to the meru cabs customer support at around 18:40 Hrs on 9th September, 2010 and explain that cab driver had not arrived to my location for which they assigned me another cab bearing cab number AP28VA0848 and cab driver Praveen E and his mobile number [protected].

The cab driver called me stating that he is Bollaram and he had to pick me at Chinthal which is too far and as it is the peak hour with regard to traffic he cannot pick and drop me in time to the railway station.at my train is at 20:15 Hrs.

As i do not have any option to reach to the main road to board an auto or take a cab, i had to carry the luggage i.e,. 1 big baggage, 2 small baggages with my 16 months kid and i am already on fast as it was month of ramzan. helpless walked till the main road which is more than 1/2 kilometer and board an auto at around 19:15 hrs with loads of tension in my mind.

At around 19:35 Hrs the auto rickshaw brokedown and he could not go further. So he had to stop another auto and asked us to board it. I reach at around 20:10 to railway station and run to the train which is on Platform # 9 and we were on Platform # 1.

I had to again run with all my baggage and my kid to the train and catch it. I did that with lot of effort and strain because of the unfulfilling promises made my these cab services which call themselves as Premier cab services. They should be termed as sub-prime cab services who cannot fulfill the request to all its customer but try to bluff them for no reasons.

I would like to log a case in consumer court on these people for creating trouble to me on the day of fasting running on the roads and platform with all the luggage which i have never done.
        Complaint comments  Add a commentComplaint category Car Rental

Meru Cab — Lost of Mobile phone and Drunkeness of Driver and insulted by driver because am a foriegner [Resolved]

tekky1975
          First Bad Experience: COMPLAIN ABOUT LOSS MOBILE PHONE Nokia N95 8GB ON THE 16th JUNE 2009.
          This is my First bad experience...
          Complaint category Mobile Handsets

shimon
          Meru Cabs has a policy of not taking bookings more than 24 hours in advance, hence I made a booking 24 hours in advance the webpage accepted the booking displaying that the custome service person would contact me. As I did not get a call from their end I called up the center - the lady said she would check my booking online and transferred me to another customer service person, after speaking to 3 such custome service persons they finally said there was no such booking online. On trying to make a telephonic booking she said there was no cab available. On asking her what was the best time to book cabs as i had booked it 24 hours in advance which they said is not reflecting and on booking it telephonically they say none are available so when does one book a cab - how much in advance??

this has happened atleast twice in a row, what one of the drivers from the same Co had said recently is that they avoid taking short distance booking - the booking was from chembur to byculla which we do not think is a short distance the fare comes upto a good 200 bucks.

They should just stop advertising themseleves as being available anytime anywhere and clearly state that they take bookings only upto a certain distance.
          Meru Cabs Customer Care's response Mar 21, 2015
          Hi Shimon, sorry for a delayed response here! Recently we overhauled our Customer Service operations and decided that we'd connect with all customers, respond to their feedback, and take corrective measures that may be required. It's our endeavour to provide timely and satisfactory service to all our customers and if we fall short, we must immediately respond and act on it. Your feedback helps us improve our services further. To report any incident in future, please share Booking ID/Mobile No along with the issue details at [protected]@merucabs.com Our rep will reach out soon. Regards, Team Meru

jaideep20
            I had booked a Meru Cab on 22-June-2010 for plying me from Chembur to Prabhadevi on the 23-June-2010 at 0840 hrs. I has called the call center well in advance so that my booking is confirmed. The Call Center confirmed my booking with Reference No. AU1A18868, via a SMS sent at 1513 hrs on 22-June-2010.

The SMS carried the information that the cab details would be sent 30 minutes prior to pickup.

On the day on when the service was to be rendered, I did not receive any notification of the cab details 30 minutes prior to pickup. However at about 0830 hrs I received a call from Meru Cabs informing me that my booking was canceled. Reson given was that there are no cabs available and the assigned cab had broken down.

My complaint is that Meru Cab has harassed me, wasted my time, caused me great grievance, discomfort, among others. Another 'co incidence' is that the Yello Black Taxi's had also stopped plying. Hence this aggravated my problems further. I would like to complaint in very strong words Against Meru due to their poor service and monopolistic practices.

Jaideep Singh
            Meru Cabs Customer Care's response Mar 21, 2015
            Hi Jaideep, sorry for a delayed response here! Recently we overhauled our Customer Service operations and decided that we'd connect with all customers, respond to their feedback, and take corrective measures that may be required. It's our endeavour to provide timely and satisfactory service to all our customers and if we fall short, we must immediately respond and act on it. Your feedback helps us improve our services further. To report any incident in future, please share Booking ID/Mobile No along with the issue details at [protected]@merucabs.com Our rep will reach out soon. Regards, Team Meru
            Hey!
            Totally agree. There are times when a driver is sleeping and you have to wake him up!
            And in that state if he is to drive you to the airport, ofcourse he is rash.. May be the yare not rested or have ambitious targets.

Also, they have such a long queue on the IVR, I wonder when they have such a system in place why they can't tell that their cabs are busy and not available, they rather make you wait on the phone for 10 mins only to tell you "Sorry, all cabs are busy!"

They have less number of cabs and less number of telecallers! Boo!!!

drabhishek
              Meru Cab driver (Keerthi.M ,vehicle-no-KA[protected] picked up my wife & her friend from Oxford Dental College,Bangalore at 7.15 am for Victoria Hospital,Bangalore.
              During the journey he kept overspeeding & on asking to slow down,misbehaved with the ladies.
              On reaching the destination he started demanding more money than actual fare without giving the printed travel reciept.
              I have already registered a complaint in customer support of Meru Cab,Bangalore
              Meru Cabs Customer Care's response Mar 21, 2015
              Hi Abhishek, sorry for a delayed response here! Recently we overhauled our Customer Service operations and decided that we'd connect with all customers, respond to their feedback, and take corrective measures that may be required. It's our endeavour to provide timely and satisfactory service to all our customers and if we fall short, we must immediately respond and act on it. Your feedback helps us improve our services further. To report any incident in future, please share Booking ID/Mobile No along with the issue details at [protected]@merucabs.com Our rep will reach out soon. Regards, Team Meru
              On Thursday, 21st April, 2011, at 10.15am, on the Jakkur Aerodrome service road a Meru cab driver returing from the BIAL airport tried to overtake us and nearly rammed into our car, he was nasty and aggressive, and when questioned-- he was very abusive and drove off.
              The can Number is-- KA 536280.
              I was under the impression that Meru cab company regulated the rash driving by its drivers but I guess its not doing much judging by the arrogance of the drivers. I have decided never to take Meru cabs in the future.
              Meru cab driver on cab with no ka 53 a 1908 drove dangerously close to my car and abused me.
              Agree the traffic was bad and people do lose temper but this dude was arrogant and hurled expletives in Kannada.I thought meru was courteous and well manneredmannered but lost this impression.never will I take a meru cab.
              Meru cab with number KA 53B 7059 was driving very rash at around 12:15 AM; almost hit my bike @ bannerghatta road near Sagar hospital

agadanish
                I had booked a MERU cab for taking my 1 yr 3 month ailing kid to her doctor at around 6 pm IST on 24APR2010. I was told that cab has been booked from my residence and shall be available to pick up @ 7.45 pm IST and you shall receive an SMS. However since I did not receive any sms until 7.25 pm i tried calling back from my mobile # which is registered in their system [protected] and to my surprise I found operator saying "no cabs are available and nothing can be done at that hour except, concerned department shall get back after 3 working days"...this is simply unacceptable after being told that cab has been booked - it is a breach of the consumer norms specially after having confirmed the pickup. I may understand if someone told me at the onset that no cabs are available - however after providing confirmation it is ridiculous. I would like to take this issue in the consumer forum for gross negligence because the reason I book this cab was for providing a safer enroute for my ailing kid and at last minute I was left with no other option but to seek public transport which was eventually very scary until we reached doctor. I would be more than thankful if someone guides me to take this issue further legally as unless these operators are not made aware of cusumer rights they shall continue to go scot free with such irresponsible statements like "concerned department shall get back after 3 working days".

Danish Aga
                [protected]@yahoo.com

Danish Z. Aga
                [protected] (Mumbai)
                Meru Cabs Customer Care's response Mar 21, 2015
                Hi Danish, sorry for a delayed response here! Recently we overhauled our Customer Service operations and decided that we'd connect with all customers, respond to their feedback, and take corrective measures that may be required. It's our endeavour to provide timely and satisfactory service to all our customers and if we fall short, we must immediately respond and act on it. Your feedback helps us improve our services further. To report any incident in future, please share Booking ID/Mobile No along with the issue details at [protected]@merucabs.com Our rep will reach out soon. Regards, Team Meru

Meru Cabs — cab not made available after booking

Respected Sir,
                My name is Hardarshdeep, A merchant navy officer.I booked a car from Meru Cabs for 7.20 am in the morning of 3rd feb 2010. The booking was done in the night of 2nd feb 2010. After repeated conformation I told the executive that I need a cab at 7.20 am sharp as he is an Armed Forces personnel (DOCTOR) and had to reach a certain place on time. Next morning no cab was there at 7.20am. Then we called the executive n they told the car is on the way. It was then 7.45 am till no car was there. After which the person has to finally leave on an auto. When a complaint was to be registered a lathargic explanation was given that with the mistake of executive the time was noted down as 1945pm. Sir dont u think am n pm sound way too much different. And action will be taken against that executive was assured. Well sir that doesnt help us in any ways I want answer to few questions:
                Isnt it there responsibility to book the car rightly??
                Who is responsible for the delay???
                Why should we suffer because of it??
                WHat about mental harrasment and monetary loss which we suffered???
                henceforthe I will like to file an official complaint against meru cabs and request you to take necessary steps because this type of behaviour is not proffesional and also can make some one pay big in future
                The same thing has happened to me. i didnt receive any SMS 30 minutes prior to my schedule booking which was 12.00 noon. I called them and they said the booking is confirmed and cab details will be sent in another 10 minutes. At 11.50 i receive a call from Meru that the cab cannot reach you, we apologize. What does MERU 'Rely on Us' means. Poor customer service... Can someone tell me how can we take a strict action against them.
                Siddharth
                [protected]@rediffmail.com

shivani.kadoo
                  We had called Meru Cabs on Apr 22, 2010 around 8am for booking a cab for Apr 23, 2010 @ 8 am. We wanted to go from Kalina to Nanavati Hospital in Vile Parle. This distance is considered as short distance by cabbies and hence they refuse to go. Even the yellow cabs do not go, thats the reason we had called Meru Cabs. But the Meru call center executive told us that there is no availability of cabs. Immediately after disconnecting the phone, we again called Meru and told them we need to go Colaba from Kalina (a long distance) to which they replied they have a cab available. When we told them that we had called for going to Nanavati and you refused, the executive said there is quota for every area. We dont think this is correct or legal. Meru Cab simply refused to go to for a short distance. This is unfair as I have to go to Hospital for a minor operation and since the auto ride is bumpy we wanted to book the Meru Cab.
                  Meru Cabs Customer Care's response Mar 21, 2015
                  Hi Shivani, sorry for a delayed response here! Recently we overhauled our Customer Service operations and decided that we'd connect with all customers, respond to their feedback, and take corrective measures that may be required. It's our endeavour to provide timely and satisfactory service to all our customers and if we fall short, we must immediately respond and act on it. Your feedback helps us improve our services further. To report any incident in future, please share Booking ID/Mobile No along with the issue details at [protected]@merucabs.com Our rep will reach out soon. Regards, Team Meru
                  i have the same experience with Meeru cab.Please dont trust on Meeru cab.
                  I faced same issues today. Meru cancelled my booking at the last moment and they 'requested' me to make alternative arrangements. this was 10 minutes before my cab was suppose to arrive. Strongly recommend everyone to stay away from them. I dont know if India Value Fund, one of their earliest investors, who are extremely good and ethical people aware of this? Earlier i thought it was one off case but for the last few months, me and my wife faced this issue repeatedly and realized that the whole Meru organization is rotten and run like an association o[censored]neducated and unethical people. they wont bat an eyelid before lying to customers
                  I am also going to complain to the RTO and also request audit of their call logs.let see what happens.
                  I have faced the same issue while going to airport, which is 7 kms from my house, and is a short distance for all cab companies, not only Meru.
                  I even complained on the Mumbai Traffic Police website, but it did not go anywhere. Don't know how to teach a lesson to the cab company crooks, would appreciate if anyone has an idea.
                  Thanks.
                  TS

meru car rental — cancelled the booking at the last moment

I booked a cab on 1st april 2011 to get the cab at 4.30 am to take my family of 4 persons to airport to catch the flight at 6.00 am.The driver reported at 4.15 am and informed me that he is waiting downstairs.At 4.50 am i called him to take my luggage downstairs.To my greatsest shock he told that he has already left my place as my booking with meru has been cancelled. i was to report to airport at 5.05 am and there is 25 minutes drive from my house.As i had no time i woke my brother who lives in next block and he somehow managed to drop me at airport after driving at risky unwanted speed otherwise we would have missed our flight andspoiled the whole family programme and would have met financial losses.i dont know how can they be penalised sothat my anyother fellow countryman does not suffer this agony in future.

This message is from V.K.ADLAKHA r/o EB 132 MAYA ENCLAVE HARI NAGAR NEW DELHI 110064. mobile no [protected] and [protected]

Prashanth Shetty 9920982559
                    Subject: RE: Accident
                    Importance: High
                    Sir / Madam,
                    I, Prashanth Shetty, staying at Nerul West, Navi Mumbai
                    I am owning TATA Indica XETA MH-43 R-5528. The car was parked and covered with the cover at above address.
                    At 12 PM on April 14, 2010 your vehicle number MH-01 JA-9148 hit my parked vehicle and badly damaged left side of driver. The impact is: the vehicle of mine parked with first gear and hand brake on, jumped 10 feet away from the place and tail lamp got broken.
                    My request is please pay the damage amount, extra traveling expenses (office to home and other necessary traveling) incurring during the vehicle repair.

I believe they ignored my mail. Nobody bother to contact me.

Meru Cabs Customer Care's response Mar 21, 2015
                    Hi Prashanth, sorry for a delayed response here! Recently we overhauled our Customer Service operations and decided that we'd connect with all customers, respond to their feedback, and take corrective measures that may be required. It's our endeavour to provide timely and satisfactory service to all our customers and if we fall short, we must immediately respond and act on it. Your feedback helps us improve our services further. To report any incident in future, please share Booking ID/Mobile No along with the issue details at [protected]@merucabs.com Our rep will reach out soon. Regards, Team Meru
                    Disgusting. How can they ignore such a huge loss
                    They should be penalised. Whatever MNS doing is absolutely right

dewan bhatt
                      I booked a Meru trip in the evening on 7/4/10 for a 9 AM journey on 8/4/10 from Sarjapur, outer ring-road (near Intel) to Airport in Bangalore. The call centre quoted Rs. 650 as possible charges (approx.) but the driver, Mr Shankar fleeced Rs. 1,120 on the basis that he travelled 75 kms instead of a normal run of 40. When the cab started, he kept explaining that due to city traffic, he would not be able to guarantee that we could reach airport within 2 hours and that I must allow him to take the longer (by 10 kms. but faster) route. After I agreed, he went round and round from one village to another and instead of doing 10 kms. more, actually he did a good 35! Again, all this took a good 2 hours of time which throws into doubt, the very basic infrastructure of the city of Bangalore. It is ridiculous to expect tourists to do 75 kms over a 2 hour span of time instead of the normal 40 kms. Due to the city traffic problem. We could refer this matter to the Municipal authorities (among others). He kept insisting I pay cash instead of credit card ("don't you have cash of Rs. 1,100?"). The car AC was not working fine but the driver said it was ineffective due to the "outside heat" which, is strange. Later, he admitted that the equipment required service and that the filter had to be changed.
                      Meru Cabs Customer Care's response Mar 21, 2015
                      Hi Dewan, sorry for a delayed response here! Recently we overhauled our Customer Service operations and decided that we'd connect with all customers, respond to their feedback, and take corrective measures that may be required. It's our endeavour to provide timely and satisfactory service to all our customers and if we fall short, we must immediately respond and act on it. Your feedback helps us improve our services further. To report any incident in future, please share Booking ID/Mobile No along with the issue details at [protected]@merucabs.com Our rep will reach out soon. Regards, Team Meru

Manjith Adapa
                        My wife was driving the car and one of the Meru cabs was coming in wrong way and by the time we turned left he came and hit us. We caught hold of the driver but it looked like a Minor thing and the driver was begging literally and even as my 8 month old baby was crying very badly on the road I did not note the number of the Cab and I also left the Driver on Mercuy assuming that it is a minor incident but when I took my car to the Service Station my entire aisle, radiator and headligyt is damaged. It is costing around Rs. 25,000/-. We called up Complaints section of the Meru Cabs and told them all the information and that the head of the security in Hyderabad was telling that he would provide the driver details and how they can help us in claiming the Damage Charges by evening and whenever we called him up he is responding to us in the same way. My wife has lost patience and we have lost peace in our life becuase of this guy and now he comes back and says you can do whatever you want.

We are not in a position to pay so much money for the repair charges.
                        Meru Cabs Customer Care's response Mar 21, 2015
                        Hi Manjith, sorry for a delayed response here! Recently we overhauled our Customer Service operations and decided that we'd connect with all customers, respond to their feedback, and take corrective measures that may be required. It's our endeavour to provide timely and satisfactory service to all our customers and if we fall short, we must immediately respond and act on it. Your feedback helps us improve our services further. To report any incident in future, please share Booking ID/Mobile No along with the issue details at [protected]@merucabs.com Our rep will reach out soon. Regards, Team Meru
                        WORST COMPANY, NEVER HIRE
                        Complaint comments  Add a commentComplaint category Law & Civil Rights

Meru Cabs Mumbai — highly Irresponsible services [Resolved]

Hardik Shah
                          I had booked a meru on 22nd december 09 for travelling on 23rd december evening i.e 5.30 pm . Booking was almost done 24 hours...
                          Complaint comments  Comments  (10)Complaint category Car Rental

Rajneesh
                          I had booked Meru as I thought that a "professional" cab service would be safe and non-cheating when a woman is travelling alone. What I found was quite to the contrary.
                          The cab was booked in Bangalore from Majestic bus stand to Hoodi on Whitefield road. The driver, Manjunath instead of taking the straight route via Old Madras road took a circuitious route via Hebbal. This meant clocking atleast 11 kms extra the the final 27.7 kms. This is the equivalent of going via Delhi in a Bangalore Chennai trip.
                          This is obviously cheating so I dont know how safe it would be for a single woman.

I called up the customer service immediately but the response was "we are very sorry for what happened and it wont be repeated next time". Obviously a stock response for all complaints. When I specifically asked what about this trip I was told that they would get back is 78 hrs. This I guess I a delaying tactic as people would tend to forget a cab ride is this period of time.

Cab no. KA03 D4039
                          Driver Manjunath
                          Receipt no. 03N0902

I certainly am not going to use Meru cabs the next time
                          Meru Cabs Customer Care's response Mar 21, 2015
                          Hi Rajneesh, sorry for a delayed response here! Recently we overhauled our Customer Service operations and decided that we'd connect with all customers, respond to their feedback, and take corrective measures that may be required. It's our endeavour to provide timely and satisfactory service to all our customers and if we fall short, we must immediately respond and act on it. Your feedback helps us improve our services further. To report any incident in future, please share Booking ID/Mobile No along with the issue details at [protected]@merucabs.com Our rep will reach out soon. Regards, Team Meru

Meru Cabs Bangalore — Extremely Poor service / No Service [Resolved]

alok.knmiet
                            I am deeply disappointed witth the fall in level of services of Meru cabs.
                            Earlier, i used to recommend Meru cab service...
                            Complaint comments  Comments  (11)

Anil Hegde D
                            I had confirmed tickets to three of my family to Bangalore on 26th Sep 09 by Chalukya Exp, leaving Kalyan Station at 23 17 Hrs. I booked a Meru cab for which i goit a confirmation at 19 46 hrs that a car bearing no MH01JA 9710 would pick me up at 2145 from my residence at Kalamboli. I spoke to diver in advance and driver told me that he did not have enough gas to reach Kalyan. I called back Meru Cust Centre (Now I was calling on booked taxi follow up section and the hold time is much more than normal booking queue!). Now I was told that a taxi would come before 10 pm and pick me and my family. I did get a SMS confirmation on this too, at 2034 Hrs, car no MH01JA9131. I called up the driver at 2130 to find out his location, he cooly said he is not coming and has informed the call centre!!! During these events there was not a single call from Meru and I had personally finding out the position directly from drivers. They kept me on hold for a long time when I caled up next time. Finally when I reached them, the answer I got was as simple as this - ' make your own arrangements, we cant help you'. I tried my best to reach the station but it was too late, we missed the train. My family and I have gone through great deal of mental agony during this period due to the unpardonable attitude of Meru, more the reason we were on our way to attend the 13 day rituals of a departed soul. I am looking at a suitable action being taken against such shabby service.
                            Meru Cabs Customer Care's response Mar 21, 2015
                            Hi Anil, sorry for a delayed response here! Recently we overhauled our Customer Service operations and decided that we'd connect with all customers, respond to their feedback, and take corrective measures that may be required. It's our endeavour to provide timely and satisfactory service to all our customers and if we fall short, we must immediately respond and act on it. Your feedback helps us improve our services further. To report any incident in future, please share Booking ID/Mobile No along with the issue details at [protected]@merucabs.com Our rep will reach out soon. Regards, Team Meru
                            hi...i completely understand the situation you went through, , , , but in this you cant blame the customer service...it might have happned because of the chauffer also... the customer service agent might have done his part...the chauffers bid for the trip... and thats how you got the confirmation msg and the msg with the cab details, , , , but due to short trip the chauffer might have sw/o the cell phone...and then probably he might have called you and put the blame on the contact center that he has informed...and if he might have done that im sure they might have done some or the other thing to arrange a cab or informed you abt the delay, , , , , and you must be aware that they provide cabs only if it is avilabe in the vassinity, , , , considering the fact that you wer going to the station...they might have asked you to make an alternative arrangement...A CSE's life is not easy in the contact center they take atleast 300 calls a day...think abt it

Sourabh
                              I booked a cab on October 01, 2009 on the phone at about 2.30 pm for a pick-up at 3.00 pm. A very polite lady assured me that a cab would reach me by the stipulated time. At 2.33 pm I get an SMS message with the cab number and the driver's name (Ashok Yadav MH 01 JA 5178). Fantastic, I thought, these people seem to have corrected the inefficiency that I faced over the last two bookings I had made.

At 3.10 pm I called up the call centre wondering what happened, as the driver's cellphone was either switched off or not working. After a 2 minute wait another helpful lady checked if I had got the number right and when assured that I had, proceeded to tell me that the car was close by and should reach me in '5 - 10' minutes. 5 or 10, ma'am? She snapped back, 'very soon, sir. It is quite close by'.

I thought the battle was lost again, and decided to go out and look for an auto or a taxi, when I get a call from the driver. The poor man was probably semi literate or maybe dyslexic and had read only a part of the address and was standing almost a kilometer away from the pick-up point. After another couple of involved conversations with him, I managed to guide him to the pick-up point (which incidentally is a well known mall on the Western Express Highway - so the driver was also probably also directionally challenged).

Finally I got in the cab at 3.30 pm (30 min behind schedule) and started calling up people apologising for being late for my meeting. And then I called up Meru Cabs again, and after a minute long wait got to speak to another very polite lady. I told her that I wanted to log in a complaint. 'Connecting you, sir' she said, and I marveled at their efficiency. Some peppy music and then, "your expected hold time is SEVEN minutes". That's when I burst a blood vessel...
                              Meru Cabs Customer Care's response Mar 21, 2015
                              Hi Sourabh, sorry for a delayed response here! Recently we overhauled our Customer Service operations and decided that we'd connect with all customers, respond to their feedback, and take corrective measures that may be required. It's our endeavour to provide timely and satisfactory service to all our customers and if we fall short, we must immediately respond and act on it. Your feedback helps us improve our services further. To report any incident in future, please share Booking ID/Mobile No along with the issue details at [protected]@merucabs.com Our rep will reach out soon. Regards, Team Meru

Meru Cabs — Not dependable [Resolved]

Prasad INdulkar
                                This is the second time I had bad experience with Meru cab service.

I had booked via telephone booking,...
                                Complaint comments  Comments  (62)

Kunal Verma
                                Hope this information helps others to beware and watchout before they get fooled by the way MERU cabs represent themselves as the most promising cab serive in Bangalore.
                                I had booked a MERU cab for 29th June to go to new Bangalore Airport from Kormangala
                                ( Reference AJ2A1777 ). I was initialy pleased by the way these people handled thigs so professionally. After the cab was booked, I also got an SMS stating that I will be getting cab driver information 30 mins prior to the scheduled pickup at 6.00 am in the morning. When I got no call by 6.15 am from MERU, I started calling them to check what went wrong with the cab. Everytime I called them, I was on the waiting queue for more then 10 people. After being on hold for almost 30 mins, the call goes to the customer service person's desk and gets disconected !! This kept happning more then three times when finally, I booked another cab to reach the airport ASAP ( Easy Cab )
                                The cab came to my place within 20 mins which was amazing...but I was already running too late.
                                ( I should have booked just another local citi taxies or 'Easy cab' for that matter as they were very prompt )
                                Ultimately, I reached airport but I missed my flight ! :(
                                Lost my flight ticket money, Lost my bookings in other city, lost three business working days, everything went for a toss!!
                                When i addressed this issue to MERU, NO ONE took any responsibility to what had happened and they kept telling me we will get back to you and do something. I had to call them almost for 15 days to get an answer that they can do NOTHING about what had happened !
                                To add up to this poison, Just to check how unprofessional can a company get, I asked if these people atleast have courtest to give me ONE free voucher to go to airport by MERU cab ( JUST ONE TRIP TO AIRPORT !! ) and the manager had guts to say they would not even consider ONE free trip which is harldy gonna cost 200 to 300 /- for the company ! A customer(me) lost more then 50, 000/- + time + inconvenience that cannot really be accounted beacuse of some sloppy mistake MERU people made !

People, I request you NOT to book MERU cabs as what had happened to me...can happen to you once again and no one from MERU is gonna listen to your concerns. There are 1001 much better options available for you so THINK before you book a cab in future.

Hope this information would save some people. If anyone else had similar issues, plz spare some time and add the incident to this thread and help others to beware of certain things.
                                Kunal
                                P. L . U . R
                                Meru Cabs Customer Care's response Mar 21, 2015
                                Hi Kunal, sorry for a delayed response here! Recently we overhauled our Customer Service operations and decided that we'd connect with all customers, respond to their feedback, and take corrective measures that may be required. It's our endeavour to provide timely and satisfactory service to all our customers and if we fall short, we must immediately respond and act on it. Your feedback helps us improve our services further. To report any incident in future, please share Booking ID/Mobile No along with the issue details at [protected]@merucabs.com Our rep will reach out soon. Regards, Team Meru
                                i m currently doing a job at ur services my name is manoj tiwari my id is 15317 .my complain is that on 15 jan i have no message from ur side then also u r demanding cash of 700rs which is not affordable to me. when i called at callcentre they do not respond.and when they respond they said concentrate on beat if i am in thane the respond from the callcentre is that please pick fare from andheri to domestic airport from 12pm to 5pm they do not respond only .so my request is that please respond to my complaint ...and do well for your working employees.

Recently Discussed

(3 minutes ago)
                                  StayAtHome.co.in
                                  Refund for order 17829130 cancellation not received
                                  (7 minutes ago)
                                  Razorpay
                                  Placed order with Zed kurti no delivery
                                  (8 minutes ago)
                                  Club Factory
                                  my product not delivered yet to my address
                                  (9 minutes ago)
                                  IFB Industries
                                  IFB washing machine not responding
                                  (9 minutes ago)
                                  Sulekha.com
                                  I am complaining about nav kranti packers & movers hyderabad