Motorola Mobility

Fri 09:00 am - 06:00 pm
Sat Closed
Sun Closed

Motorola Mobility Complaints & Reviews

I purchased a Motorola Mobile (Moto X 1st Gen.) At flipkart (Invoice date:[protected]. I got the issue with the device as when ever I tried to switch on the camera it says camera busy need to restart the device. I made a call to the Motorola customer care people addressing the issue, they suggested to visit the nearest service center at my location to get the resolution. So I visited Sri Karthhik Enterprises which was located at Labbipet, Vijayawada. I took the device to the service center people and explain them about the issue, they told to handover the device to them and they will update the software and the problem will be resolved. As per their suggestion I handover the device to the service center people on[protected], they issued me a job sheet with the work order number VIJ/MG//14/01685. On second day They called me and informed that the problem has been rectified and you can come and collect the device. I went to collect the device on[protected], I checked the device and it works fine at the movement and I took the device from them and went.After few days again I got the same issue and again took the device to the same service center which was on[protected]. I showed the device to them and again explained about the issue I faced, they told that they will replace the mother board of the device as they told that it may take approximately 2weeks to get the part from the company and I agreed for that and . I agree with that and again I hand over the device in the service center on the same day[protected], again they issue the same job sheet with the work order number VIJ/MG//14/01685. After 2 weeks they made a call to me and inform that they received the board from the company and they replaced the part and inform me to come and collect the device. I went to collect the device, when I went to collect the device they told that one of the camera part on the mother board was not received and ask me to wait for 3 to 4days mean while they will get the part and they will hand over the device to me. With lot of disappointment I went from there. After 4 days they made a call to me and inform that hand set is ready you can come and collect the device. I went to collect the device from the service center I noticed that they broken the back panel of the device at the time of opening the device and I showed them and they agree to replace the panel for free of cost as the mistake is from their end. After inserting the sim after reaching the home I noticed that signals are constantly dropping and again after some time it shows full signal . I thought that there is a problem with my card and I went to my service provider and ask them to replace the sim card as signals are not coming. They replace the sim card and they told that after 30mins sim card will be activated from then you can use the sim card normally. After 1 hr I checked with the signal again the same issue raises. Again I took the handset to the service center explain the issue I faced after replacing the mother board along with the screen shots I took from my device. Again they told that they will replace the mother board, again I hand over the device to the service center people on[protected], they log the complaint and issue the work order number: VIJ/MG/14/02256. After few days again they called me and inform that the device is ready you can collect the device from them. I went to collect the device from them and again I noticed the same issue with the signals. Again I showed them the issue on the spot and they told that again they will replace the mother board and inform me that probably they sent the defective board. Again I let the hand set in the service center to replace the mother board. Again after 4 days they called me and told to collect the hand set as it was ready, When I went to collect the device, they told that again they didn't receive the camera strip on the mother board and ask me to wait for few more days. Immediately I made the call to the customer care people regarding this issue, they spoke with the service center people and he told that after replacing the board also same issue raises it's better to replace the hand set with new one. But the customer care people took time for 24hrs and inform me that they will arrange a call back from the concern department people. I left from there and with in 24hrs I received a call from Motorola people and to them I explain the complete issue I faced with the device and he told that give them time for 3 days and they will provide a resolution for my issue.After 2days the same guy who spoke with me on that day called me and told that still they are in search of resolution please give them time for 3 more days I.e on[protected]. Again today I spoke with the customer care people and again they told that with in 3 days the problem will be resolved. Today I.e.[protected] I went to the service center people to know the status of the complaint. They check in the system and told that still the part was not received, after receiving it they will inform me.I spoke with the Motorola customer care people for many times regarding this issue, every time they told that the issue will be resolved pls be patience and wait for some time, but they failed to resolve my issue and till date they are asking me to extend the time for 3 more days. Even they are not replacing the device nor repair the device since 2 months. Hand set is lying there with the service center people till today. Motorola customer care people are not ready to replace the device as suggested by the service center people but they are prolonging this issue from many days.Please help me in this regards and kindly replace the hand set as it was not working after changing the board several times. Please resolve my issue at the earliest.
Apr 08, 2015

Motorola Solutions customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

Lollipop 5.02 update is a Very poor Update. Completely frustrated with performance. Battery quickly down, when I use internet. Can...

I am writing this mail to refund my purchase amount of moto g 16 gb, for more detail please go through the mail read red marked 8 and 9th points & please find attached file. ... ... I am writing to complain about my Mobile Moto G 16 GB black, that I purchase from flipkart on the 27th of march 2014 (IMEI/Serial No.[protected] & MSN NO-Q627XERZRQ) and Flipkart order id-OD[protected]. From the month of august 2014, I have found some problem in Moto G. Below mention are the complaint which I have already launched in your customer care department ( Sampark Systems) : please do the replacement as after so many issue I am pissed off. 1-Auto switch off.(work order No.YYT-MG[protected] Action taken by Sampark system-Mother board replaced. 2-Camera problem while flash on & sim 1 auto switch off.[protected] Action taken by sampark system-Software update.(without any work order) 3-Camera problem while flash on.(repeat fault) Action taken by sampark system-Replace camera from there stock.(without any work order). 4-Camera problem while flash on-(repeat fault[protected] Action taken by sampark system-Mother board replaced.(work order No.OPL[protected]. 5-Camera problem (repeat fault[protected]. Action taken by sampark system-submit purchase invoice to order flash cover. ( Sampark asked for Purchase invoice so that they can order the part. ) 6-On[protected] I visit sampark system to know the status of flash back cover. At that time I found that the service technician not put any part order to Motorola.After some argument service technician is ready to replace the flash back cover from there stock.(without any work order). This is the worst part of customer care department that they are fooling their customers. 7- On[protected] I found repeat fault on Moto G. I visit sampark system to know about replacement process for the same but service technician told to me there is no replacement processes from our hand please call to Moto G call center. Between all these processes I already register complaint to Motorola customer care. Complaint No[protected]. Complaint No[protected]. 8-On[protected] I submit my moto g at sampark system for replacement (work order No.YYT/MG/14/00636) 9-After all the replacement process from sampark system.I have received replacement on 27.03.2015 which is my last date of warranty period.when i received the new replaced moto g & checked the same i found the same repeat fault in new moto g (camera problem while flash on).I immediately resubmit the same hand set to motorola service centre sampark system. Service technician told to me i will update some software on the device and call you, but form 27/03/2015 there is no call back from sampark system.when i call to sampark system he told software updation is in progress i will call you when updation is complete but still i am waiting for call back from sampark system. After repeat fault found in my moto g device after replacement. I think this is an manufacturing defect. My warranty period laps on 27/03/2015.When i receive the same unit from moto g service centre in warranty laps condition. If some fault found again in it, the service centre will not received the same in warranty. At that time what can i do...? I am disappointed and would require you to refund my amount for the same. I expect to hear back from you with a full resolution to the issue asap. I also send some Xerox copy of documents like work order and purchase invoice. COMPLAINT NO. DATE- 27/03/[protected] DATE-30/03/[protected]. Thanks, Sandeep Lauwanshi [protected]@gmail.com Bhopal (M.P) Mob.[protected] [protected]
    Apr 07, 2015

Is your problem solved am facing same issue on this moto g.

I RECENTLY PURCHASED THE MOTO-G 2ND GEN HANDSET (IMEI SR.NO [protected]) ON DATED[protected] THROUGH FLIPKART.MOTO G PHONE HAS RECENTLY HAS DEVELOPED A PROBLEM (SHAKING /DISPLAY FLUCTUATING VIGOROUSLY.WHEN I REFERRED MY HANS SET TO THE CUSTOMER CARE TO FIX THE PROBLEM IT WAS TOLD THAT THERE IS PHYSICAL DAMAGE AND ALSO IT WAS TOLD THAT THIS IS NOT COVERED UNDER WARRENTY AND IT WILL COST RS6000/- APPROX. TO SET RIGHT THE USAGE.I WISH TO STATE THAT THERE IS NO PHYSICAL DAMAGED TO THE PHONE CAUSED BY MY HANDLING(NEITHER IT HAS BEEN DROPPED NOR HANDLED IMPROPERLY).THEREFORE IT REQUEST YOU TO SET RIGHT THE ISSUE FREE OF CHARGE OR REPLACE THE PHONE AT EARLIEST POSSIBLE.
      regarding moto-g second gen screen problem
      regarding moto-g second gen screen problem
      Apr 07, 2015

I bought Moto E from flipkart last year in October. Now its main speaker is not working. So I went to service center of Motorola, Kanpur for asking to fix my issue. And they told me the silly excuses like engineer is not there, net is not working. It went for 3 days. Then I complaint to its customer care number. Still they are unable to fix this problem.
        Apr 07, 2015

Is it Really a Coronary Gorilla Glass 3? I received Moto E 2nd gen on March 13. Excellent budget phone with Rich features, Good Battery Backup, Good Camera, Latest Android Lollipop and Coronary Gorilla Glass 3 Protection.. We prefer this phone over ASUS Zenfone 4 because its display was broken when it fell down at 2 feet height. It cost around 75% of its price. Since it has no protection for its display we go for Moto E 2nd Gen which has Coronary Gorilla Glass 3 protection for display. Yesterday 04/04/2015 it fell down at 1 feet range and we are shocked that the Coronary Gorilla Glass 3 was broken. I own Samsung Galaxy S duos which also has Coronary Gorilla Glass 3. It is still working fine after dropped from various heights over 100 times for the past 1.5 years. But Moto E 2nd Gen was broken on its first fall. On 06/04/2015 I contact madurai customer care Vinayaka Communication for this issue. Once again I got shocked that they charge 7500 Rupees for replacing the broken display of 7000 Rupees mobile. Vinayaka Communication70.8km 39/10, Saradha Shopping Centre Workshop Road Simmakal Madurai - 625001 Tamilnadu [protected] So please concentrate on Quality of display on future models and versions. Flipkart Invoice No : # BLR_WFLD[protected] Sold By : WS Retail Services Pvt. Ltd., Warehouse Address: NO. 42/1 & 43, KACHERAKANAHALLI VILLAGE, , JADIGENAHALLI HOBLI, HOSKOTE TALUK, Bangalore, Karnataka, India - 560067 Order ID: OD[protected] Order Date:[protected] Invoice Date:[protected] VAT/TIN: [protected] Service tax #: AAACW8725FSD001 Moto E (2nd Gen) 3G Price is inclusive of Promotional Discount of Rs 0.00, Promotional Discount of Rs 0.00, Promotional Discount of Rs 0.00, Promotional Discount of Rs 0.00, Promotional Discount of Rs 0.00, 1. [IMEI/Serial No: [protected], [protected] ] (Freebie: Introductory Offer Price of Rs.6, 999. Offer till stocks last.) Billing Address Vineeth 169/189, K.R.R Nagar, , 7th Street. Theni 625531 Tamil Nadu Phone: [protected]
          Providing cheap quality Coronary Gorilla Glass 3 display
          Providing cheap quality Coronary Gorilla Glass 3 display
          Apr 06, 2015

As i had problem(Automatic switch off and over heat) in my cell (moto g 16GB 1st gen) ihad given it repair in your service...

Hello team I have moto E device and i am facing problem in it and i am from Guwahati .I have not found any service center in my city and i got to know that motorola have close its only service center which is situated in Guwahati, Assam. As a customer where do i go to solve my problem. Please urgentely locate one service center in Guwahati we can't go to Silcar which is 340km away from Guwahati.My free service period will expire if i wait for long time.So do look on this matter quickly there are lots of customer facing same problem otherwise we will never buy Motorola phone again. Thank you Email-biku.[protected]@gmail.com
            Apr 06, 2015

Hello, I had given my phone the Moto G 2nd gen for servicing at B2X Customer service, Ansal Palam, Gurgaon. They told me motherboard had to be replaced. I have been assured of multiple dates by which the job (AMSGUR000333) would fixed, but to my dismay I have not yet heard back from the service center. The phone is under warranty period. I am really disappointed with the customer services of Motorola.
              Apr 06, 2015

While the phone is under Wi fi network, cant make / receive calls in most of the cases. If Wi fi is disabled on phone, it works fine. The device has been changed once but even the replaced device has the same problem. Have upgraded to Lollipop 5.1 but no relief. As per advise of customer care, have again submitted the device at Service Center at Okhla, New Delhi on 30th March. They have been experimenting since then but no solution has yet been found. Had gone to service center on 3rd April to check. Found that the old problem has not been solved, but a new defect has developed now. On calling on the device number, the ring starts only after a delay of 5-10 seconds, whereas it should be instant. This is too frustrating for the caller and the caller may disconnect the line on not getting install ring/ response. The device is still at Service center and I do not when will I get it because they are not able to diagnose the cause ? Similar problems are stated to be faced by UK customers using Spring network as posted on various websites. I am stuck with a defective phone and no solution is being offered. In all fairness, I should be refunded my money back.

Complaint no is --[Incident:[protected]

Pradeep Sehgal [protected]

When phone is under WIFI network, have poor connectivity in making and receiving calls. Callers are unable to get connected - the caller doesn't get thru many times without getting any engaged or other tone. Same way, calling out also doesn't get thru without getting any busy or other tone. If the wi fi is disabled, phone works fine for both incoming and outgoing calls. Using Airtlel in India - have changed SIM card, updated software to 5.1 but problem is unresolved. The device has been changed once but even the replaced device has the same problem. As per advise of customer care, have again submitted the device at Service Center at Okhla, New Delhi on 30th March. They have been experimenting since then but no solution has yet been found. Had gone to service center on 3rd April to check. Found that the old problem has not been solved, but a new defect has developed now. On calling on the device number, the ring starts only after a delay of 5-10 seconds, whereas it should be instant. This is too frustrating for the caller and the caller may disconnect the line on not getting install ring/ response. The device is still at Service center and I do not when will I get it because they are not able to diagnose the cause ? Similar problems are stated to be faced by UK customers using Spring network as posted on various websites. I am stuck with a defective phone and no solution is being offered. In all fairness, I should be refunded my money back.

Updated by P.Sehgal
                  THIS COMPLAINT IS FOR NEXUS 6

I recently bought Motorola phone moto x in Flipkart, and its not even been a year the phone is not working with problems in camera. Flipkart says that they are just a medium of sales and hence they cant exchange the phone and Motorola says that they just do services and they cant exchange the phone. Now i don't know how to have the damaged phone exchanged. I have been following up but their customer service is very unresponsive and ignorant. Till now i have sent them more than 5-8 emails and they make me go to different service centers in the city and they are not able to repair my phone. I requested for higher officials contact details and they refused to give. They are not giving me proper solution nor they are willing to exchange the damaged phone with a new phone. I am fed up to the extent that i just want my money back so that i could get another new phone and i will never buy/recommend Motorola to anyone henceforth.
                    Apr 03, 2015

Hello, I had given my phone the Moto E 1st gen for servicing at Nagashree Communications Authorised Moto E service centre, Mangalore.It had restart issues and the motherboard had to be replaced according to them. They told me that i would receive my phone within 15 days. It has been around 25 days now and i have not received it yet. I called them at times and they say that the parts have not yet arrived from Bangaluru. Why is it taking so long to get the motherboard replaced?. Please do notify them . Very disappointed with the service
                      Apr 02, 2015

Hi, I purchased a Moto X 1st gen from Flipkart in May 2014 (IMEI no : [protected]) . A week ago, its rear facing camera stopped working, i.e. the button that is used to switch from front to rear camera disappeared. Also the focus button has disappeared. I am not the only one who faced this issue. From public forums, it seems that some customers in USA faced exactly the same issue as mine. They got their handset replaced as they were under warranty, as no solution to this problem was found. My handset is also under warranty. I also talked to the person on phone (mentioned in one of the forums :https://forums.motorola.com/posts/d095b8776f - Dr. Bharat, Mail Id- [protected]@live.in, [protected]), who faced exactly the same issue. He got his handset replaced from Motorola. He only advised me to mail Motorola on this address, explaining the same issue. You can contact this person as confirm about the same. He purchased the mobile in June 2014 and faced this issue in January 2015.My issue is exactly the same as that mentioned in these public forums, which proves that I am not the only one who is facing this issue, people have faced it in past and got their handset replaced : http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto-x/moto-x-qa/moto-x-rear-facing-camera-stopp... https://forums.motorola.com/posts/f0960eda8b https://forums.motorola.com/posts/d095b8776f https://community.republicwireless.com/thread/26981

Hi, I purchased a Moto X 1st gen from flipkart in May 2014. A week ago, its rear facing camera stopped working, i.e. the button that is used to switch from front to rear camera disappeared. Also the focus button has disappeared. I am not the only one who faced this issue. From public forums, it seems that some customers in USA faced exactly the same issue as mine. They got their handset replaced as they were under warranty, as no solution to this problem was found. My handset is also under warranty. I have gave it to the customer care centre here in bengaluru last saturday. Today I received a call from them telling that they are not able to diagnose the issue, and then I started digging about the same, so they replied that there might be some dent in the camera. This is ridiculous, just because I am a customer they are giving me some reasons. My issue is exactly the same as that mentioned in these public forums : http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto-x/moto-x-qa/moto-x-rear-facing-camera-stopp... https://forums.motorola.com/posts/f0960eda8b https://forums.motorola.com/posts/d095b8776f https://community.republicwireless.com/thread/26981

Hi, My name is Santosh and my model of moto g 2nd (gen) has been with the service centre for Ringer problem since 18 march and am just not getting it back.they keep asking for some more time, call back later and all it is ridiculous amount of time for something so small need urgent resolve as it is very disappointing level of service. and i am calling since 24 march everyday to customer care and service center and all day same reply we will call u but till day i don't got any call and no any response when i will get it my Mobile.while also admitting that they have not changed any part or anything and the problem remains as on day one. And am now supposed to take it to this other opened service centre. So i am very disappointed this service.
                            Mar 31, 2015

I bought the phone on 27th January 2015, and a day back while I was trying to plug in my charger it just refused to go in. When I contacted the service station they said that the pin inside the phone has broken and I haven't even dropped the phone once. And apparently they don't even repair that part in warranty and the out of warranty cost for repair would be 70% of the cost of the phone. I mean are you kidding me? As 70% cost means approx Rs. 33000 And its not only me, there were more 5 customers with the same complaint, Why should the customer pay for no fault of the customer. This is really disappointing for customers as this is not what we expected from Mororola and Goolgle.
                              Mar 29, 2015

I have given my mobile at SACH Collection Point, Gurgaon. While repairing it they have replaced motherboard and made some damage to it.I didn't know it until I took it to another service center. I'm using a Moto G2, I bought it from Flipkart on 30thSepember'14. In January I have given my mobile in a service center in Gurgaon (SACH Collection Point). The problem was regarding the charging port. They have charged me Rs.2300 considering it as under physical damage. The mother board was replaced. I have received my mobile back from service center after 1 and half months. Immediately after receiving I started facing a new issue with mobile signal strength (the signal lost frequently). I have taken my mobile to a new service center(B2X) as the SACH Collection Point was black listed by Motorola. The service engineer told me that the mother board in the mobile was not properly assembled by SACH guys(there was some damage done by them). He refused to take the mobile under warranty in future if any issue arises (because Motorola guys don't accept such mother board for replacement). So, because of the mistake done by Motorola in handling service centers, I might lose my warranty early and I might have paid money for some unnecessary problem(can't trust the engineers at SACH Collection). I want a solution for this problem from Motorola. My IMEI number [protected] E-mail Id:eng.[protected]@gmail.com
                                Mar 29, 2015

I have purchase today moto e second genration from flip cart motorola web side showing inbuilt memory is 8 GB but in my mobile...

hi, my less than one year old model of moto x has been with the service centre for camera repair since 21 feb and am just not getting it back. they keep asking for some more time, call back later and all it is ridiculous amount of time for something so small need urgent resolve as it is very disappointing level of service. and today it has been sweetly given by the service centre as repaired, while also admitting that they have not changed any part or anything and the problem remains as on day one. and am now supposed to take it to this other opened service centre
                                  Mar 25, 2015