[Resolved] Skoda India — Skoda rapid diesel injector failure

Bangalore, Bangalore District, Karnataka, India
 Deepak950
My skoda rapid (ka-02-mg-950) bought in jan 2012 from vinayak skoda, bangalore & has run 42k kms. the car is very well maintained with regular services coupled with general check up on a regular basis. at the time of delivery there was no extended warranty provided even after insisting for it, the reason being that rapid was a new introduction to indian market and the company was yet to introduce extended warranty. last week while i was driving, the car suddenly pulled up and was not accelerating beyond 30km/hr with engine vibrating violently. had to get the vehicle towed to vinayak service center in okalipuram. i am now being advised that fuel injectors are to be replaced due to contaminated fuel. 90% of the times the car gets refuelled in shell petrol bunk alongwith my other car (swift dzire) and, the estimate to get them replaced is 30k. if i was provided with the extended warranty at the time of vehicle delivery, i am sure it would have taken care of this unexpected damage. having gone through several consumer forums/complaint boards, i notice that skoda has a production issue with fuel injectors. so, the reason beind the damage due to contaminated fuel does not seem to be genuine, rather a known technical issue from the maker. this is seriously making me re think to continue my relationship with skoda india, especially due to the quality of after sales service.

Deepak
Cell: [protected]
Complaint marked as Resolved Oct 9, 2016

[Aug 08, 2016] Skoda India customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
Skoda India Customer Care's response, Sep 08, 2016
Dear Deepak,

We apologize for the inconvenience. We have noted your concern and our service representatives will connect with you soon.

SKODA India.

Comments

Skoda rapids manufactured initially all had injector issues, me too had a injector failure, skoda was kind enough to replace it but i had shell out 7000 as a part of labour charges and other stuff.You may need to push your service provider a bit more.All the best.
i am facing same injector failure issue now. i have replaced 2 injector already now 3rd injector gone. since it is 5 year old vehicle skoda asking me to pay rs 25000 now. i am not sure when will 4th injector will go away. i have asked them to do free of cost but no use. please suggest me. please dont buy skoda. contact me at [email protected]

1800 209 4646
    1800 102 6464
    A-1 / 1, M.I.D.C., Five Star Industrial Area, Shendra, Aurangabad, Maharashtra, India - 431 201
    Skoda India - Skoda rapid diesel injector failure