Southern Railway Customer Care

Chennai
Chennai District
Tamil Nadu

Bad

Southern Railway related photos (140)

Southern Railway Complaints & Reviews

deepa
We travelled from kumbakonam to chennai on 11th of february in rockfort express S5 compartment. The compartment had lot of cockroaches which is not hygeine to travel.
Date 07/08/2008.
Additional Divisional Railway Manager,
Divisional Railway Manager's Office,
Southern Railway,

Sub: Irresponsible of Railway staff behavior & very bad Hospitality.
Ref: Our PNR No.[protected], Train No.2512, Date of Traveling[protected],
Train Name: Raptisagar Express, 3A.

We had a very bad experience in the our journey on the above reference journey from Chennai Central to Vijayawada. First of all the A/C Cum bed attendent was supplied night bedding to passengers in our compartment. which was very dirty and all are used with out washing again he is giving the same bedding to maximum passengers. When we asked he is telling I cannot do anything which was given to me that was supplied to you. I am not responsible to this, my job only what (Our Rail way Department) they gave that only distributing to you.

After that we waited till TT to come, we explained to TT the way of behavior of A/C attendent and we shown all the bedding which was supplied to us. TT says only one thing I am also help less the staff (A/C cum bed attendant) from Ghorakpur, evern our officer also can not tell anything to them. After that I asked to TT please give me the complaint book I want make a complaint against the particular Bed attendant. He given me a suggestion please adjust for one night sir If you given a complaint also nothing will happed sir. He was not willing to give the complaint book.

I was refused the bedding becasue it was already used by some body else. And I requested them atleast in the next station please arrange some bedding. They says it is not possbile, if you want to give a complaint you can give it no problem to us. The whole night we travelled without sleep and suffered a lot and it impacts on my next days work (duties) I could not able to attend . Plesae take immediate action on the above staff and compensation.

Hence I request you to do the needful for the above. If your action not taken within 15days from the above, I will approach to the consumer court for justification.

CH.SAI SUDHAKAR.
Moblie No.[protected]

How to create an Irctc user ID

please do the needful and get in touch in my email ID [protected]@yahoo.co.in My Mobile no.[protected]

kurian Abraham
    i was travelling on venad 6301 from ernakulam to tiruvalla. well there were empty seats in the chair car coach the time i asked him seats at ernakulam junction station the ticket collector denied then i asked for a seat from piravom road and he denied and to my utter shock he allowed his friends to board at seats 70 when i was behind him then i did ask him why did he do so and he gave me some fake reason. i cant understand how the attitude of such a ticket collector called suresh can be checked.

geetha rani k
      hi

I am writting this mail on behalf of all the women who are travelling alone through railways.

Is it not possible to allot a separate coach for ladies who are travelling alone.

As per my knowledge now a days many of the women are working in different corners of the country and are travelling most
      of the times .when ever we are travelling alone we are facing alot of problems with male co-passengers and it is not excepted
      that all the womem are brave enough at all the times.In my case once in a month i will go to my native from chennai in
      CIRCAR Express,most of the times i will get the seat where in male passenger are only there which is really horrible for me
      at that situation.Every time i will pray before getting into the train ,many times i have asked staff in the ticket counter
      to reserve my seat where ladies are ,but of no use.

so,please kindly request you to take my concern forward and take a helpful step for us.

thanking you
      Geetha

Chennai Mrts - Southern Railway — To form a best road facility

K.S.R.Florence
        I am one of the regular passenger for velachery to beach MRTS SERVICE. There are lot of inconveniences meet...
        Complaint comments  Comments  (16)

Ravi Krishnamoorthy S
        For deepavali I have reserved by Guruvayur Express on Nov 07, 2007 to travel from Tiruchirapalli to Chennai.
        The scheduled departure of the train is around 13:50 hours.
        We reached the station at around 13:00 hours. On enquiry we were informed that the train will arrive on platform number 1.
        The big computer screeen displaying informations also indicated that the train will be leaving from platform no 1.
        We were sitting in PF 1 and at around 1340 hrs a passenger train entered platform number 1.
        I was wondering how Guruvayur express can enter PF 1. May be the train is delayed?!
        After a few minutes I thought of checking up with the information counter.
        To my surprise there was an announcement telling that Guruvayur express is entering PF 3!
        To my surprise around 100 to 200 passengers were trying to scramble to PF 3.
        There was pandemonium at the subway staircase as the passengers disembarking from the train were trying to get out.
        With lot of difficulty we reached PF 3.
        To my surprise the yellow signal light was on and the train was about to leave.
        We boarded the last coach and somehow managed to reach the AC 3 tier coach.
        Due to prvidence we were able to enjoy deepavali together.
        It was providence that we did not believe southern railway.
        I hear that you are an ISO[protected] organisation.
        I am wondering how such things can happen in an ISO organisation which boast of customer service???!!!
        i want guruvayur express ticket for two please need your information please tellme
        M. PadmanabhanGargash Enterprises L.L.C.Mercedes Benz ShowroomP.O. Box 1418, DubaiUnited Arab EmiratesMobile :[protected]Email : Pancatattva.[protected]@gmaio.com
        4th October 2009
        Station Master
        Kannur Railway Station

Sub : Complaint about Ticket Collector

I donot want to make any written or verbal complaint against any employee as the job for every individual is the means of livelihood.

However, an incident happened forced me to write this letter for the benefit of our society.

I was traveling from Coimbatore to Kannur by West Coast Express on 18th September 2009 as I was returning from Aravind Eye Hospital, Coimbatore alongwith my nephew. As there was heavy rush and we was not feeling well I got into a Reservation Compartment (S3) and begged the TC for arranging a Reservation in any of the Compartments like AC/1st Class or 3 Tier. Due to my repeated requests, the TC collected Rs 660/- for 2 person to travel in that compartment. He was reluctant to give Receipt for the amount and after compelling he gave me Receipt. I told him as you have collected fine from me and there were many others traveling in the same compartment without reservation and he has to collect fine from them also. The he argued with another person who did not have reservation, was alcoholic, and the TC could not make him get out of the train or collected fine and gone to another compartment.. On his return, I asked his name, with his guilty conscious he not only told me the name but he was preventing me from seeing his Name Badge. Then I took a snap of his on my Mobile. Then he brought his Supervisor alongwith 2 Policemen.

I am a Senior Citizen from a respectful family, working in Dubai and I have no time to fight with these officials. Moreover, I was sick and hence I requested the TC for a seat even in 1st Class/AC compartment. Instead of helping me he created problems for me as revenge of asking for Receipt for the money he collected from me as bribe. He must have thought I am an uneducated old man and he can threaten me.

First of all, if he is a Government Servant, the Name Badge given to him is not to hide. This clearly shows his guilty consciousness and from the photo I have taken of his, he wanted protection and hence he brought his Supervisor and Policemen. When I talked to his Supervisor, to his arguments that there is no other passengers without Reservation Ticket I could point out at least one Passenger a drunken Military Person and the Policemen, the Supervisor and the TC were fighting for a longtime and they were unable to take him out of the Compartment nor they collected any money from him as fine.

Therefore, I hereby submit a written Complaint against the TC and his Supervisor for humiliating me with Police Force, for my questioning them that why there is no fine charged against other unauthorized passengers. As a Citizen of India, it is my right to know the name of the TC when he had made a mistake of not collecting fine from other unauthorized passengers and I have only occupied the Reservation Compartment due to my sickness and I had proof of my coming from the Hospital. Instead of helping me on humanity grounds he was trying to threaten me with Police Force which is only a revenge taken against by the TC for my asking Receipt for the bribe of Rs 660/- collected from me.

I sincerely request the Concerned Officials to take appropriate action against the TC and his Supervisor and let me know the result.

Thanking you,

Yours sincerely,

Padmanabhan Melekandy

Southern Railways — Suggestion

K S Varadhan
          I write with reference to Train No. 6203 Tirupathy Express. It has a First Class compartment and as soon as the train reaches...
          Complaint comments  Comments  (160)

Recently Discussed

Philips
          Product
          (6 minutes ago)
          Tikona
          Attempt to extort money despite discontinuation of service
          (9 minutes ago)
          Hungama.com
          Please telecast Beyblade burst
          (16 minutes ago)
          Flipkart
          Asus Rog strix i7 8th gen (GL503GE)