Ask a Question Ask a Question FAQ FAQ Sign in Sign in

Karnataka
Landmarks:Near India Garage

SBI Toll Free Numbers
Bangalore: 1800 425 8002
Bhopal: 1800 425 7551 (BSNL), 1800 102 7551 (Airtel)
Bhubaneswar: 1800 345 6741
Ahmedabad: 1800 233 7933
Hyderabad: 1800 425 3888

View More Information...

Load

State Bank of India [SBI] related photos (6527)

State Bank of India [SBI] Complaints & Reviews

VENKATESH.P.K
1. 4th Oct. 07, I had purchased the Dell product through the SBI Credit Card No. "[protected]". I had opted for 6 months EMI on talking to a call centre personnel. But in the subsequent monthly statement it was for 12 EMI's and aloso the initial charges was abnormal to the one I was told over phone. But I paid the charges with protest after talking to Mr. Muthu in the call center on 19.11.2007. He said, he has lodged the complaints regarding both of the above subjects giving me the complaint No.[protected] and I was expecting the corrections. So far, neither there is response from your firm nor there is no correction. This shows the lethargic and negligent attitude of your firm towards the customers. Every customer will not have sufficient time to keep on exchanging the things frequently.
2. I am paying the installments as per the amount told by your call center personnel for 6 EMI's. If you inform me later about the changes in EMI mount and ask me pay the difference, I am going to refuse any such payments.
3. I am not receiving any of my monthly statements properly every month.

Subramanian
    I have appended a email complaint sent to SBI Cards which explicitly shows the irresponsiveness and worse customer service provided by State Bank of India. We need to take action immediatly through consumer redressal forum / consumer court.

email follows..

Hello Sir / Madam

Referring to my SBI credit card, I want to escalate an serious issue for your immediate attention.

I am the prompt payer right from the first day of signing the SBI card and but totally dissatisfied with SBI card due to recent worse experiences with SBI.

Dues
    Nov '07 - 14098
    Dec '07 - 4100

I have made the over payment of 16000 for Nov and made the payment of 2200 on 1st Dec towards my Dec dues.

As my above overpayment for Nov should be adjusted with Dec statement, I have made the only difference amount of 2200 for Dec which would obviously close the dues for Dec statement.

Later late charges has been levied and I came to know that I should pay the EMI for the loan every month and over payment will not be adjusted with EMI. This was really a eye opener for me only at the time of enquiring and I was not appropriately educated regarding this. I raised up the complaint with the customer care and they agreed and reversed the late fee levied by seeing my credit worthiness and track record. I really appreciated that.

Hence, there was no due for Dec '07 statement as my complaint was registered as non issue on me. (Ref: Complaint no: MQ[protected]

But for the last two days, am getting calls from Chennai collections team torchering me for the Dec '07 payment???? I wish to highlight that they doesn't know how to speak with customers and demanding for payment in unprofessional, unethical local language that leads to reputational loss for SBI Bank and Card. This is very seriously hurting customers, that too, genuine customers. Am I a defaulter? can you show me any proof for that? Shall I take this up with Reserve bank of India or appelate authority to the highest level possible? Can you please answer why i am getting torchering calls demanding the payment though you have the credit balance of Rs.. 100 per the december statement? Don't you know the RBI rules of dealing with genuine customers????

I know the level of respect you provide to defaulters. I have seen few letters of SBI sent to defaulters of my previous tenant waiving all 20000 rupees of late charges accumulated for more than a year and asking only for the exact spending of Rs. 3000 made by the defaulter??

But as a prompt payer, you are torchering and killing ME? IS THIS FAIR???????

I have made lot of complaints to customer care stating this above chaser calls on 3rd, 4th and 5th Jan and as of now there was no solution.

Ref: Complaint No:[protected]

I am totatally disturbed, hurted, annoyed due to the services of SBI and I demand a compensation for that.

I want an immediate explanation and compensation failing which I may take this issue to highest level possible with consumer protection council or equivalent Ombudsman / redressal forums authorised by RBI.

I want to close all payments and terminate the SBI card services.. pls assist me in this regard.

regards,

Subramanian R
    my card validity is expired on 09/08 .as on date u have not sent me the valid card .as per the statement dated 06/02/2009 there is a credit balance of rs.41 in my account .for the past four months i could not able to utilise your card.please let me know whether i will be getting a valid card.my card number is [protected].

regards.

a.s murthy

sudar47
      SIR

I HAVE VERY BAD EXPRIENCE WITH S.B.I CARSD WE ARE A GOOD CUSTOMER WITH S.B.I CARD .MY CARD NUMBER [protected] .SIR I HAVE PAID ALL MY OUT STANDING DATE 12/12/2007 CHEQUE NO 181371 AMOUNT 4900 AND DATE[protected] CHEQUE NO 181372 AMOUNT 4900 .I REQUEST TO CUSTOMER CARE THAT PLEASE CLOSED MY A/C AND I HAVE RECEIVED MASSAGE FROM SBI CARD DATE[protected] THAT DEAR CUSTOMER AS PER YOUR REQUEST WE HAVE CLOSED YOU SBI CARD .THAT MASSAGE I HAVE SAVE MY MOBILE PHONE TILL NOW.HOW IS IT POSSIBLE AFTER THEY SENDING PENDING BILL (AMOUNT RS 650.SIR PLEASE LOOK INTO THIS MATTER DO ME FEVOUR AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE.REGARDS SUDARSHIO CAHTTERJEE.

ADDRESS

40 RAJE ROAD BAZARPARA PO SUKCHER 24 PGS NORTH WEST BENGAL KOLKATA-700115 INDIA
      SBI Card
      A/C IS CLOSED BUT TILL RECEIVED OUTSTANDING BILL
      SIR

I HAVE VERY BAD EXPRIENCE WITH S.B.I CARSD .MY CARD NUMBER [protected] .SIR I HAVE NEVER PUCHASED ANY THING THROUGH THIS CARD AND COMPANY HAS SEND ME LEGAL NOTICE FOR PAYING rs 3422.05 WITHIN SEVEN DAYS. COMPANY DID NOT SEND ME DEATIAL OF THE PURCHASING OR ANY THING. I HAVE PAID RS 200/- ON 21.08.07 RECIEPT NO. 895974 (SBI CARDS, TOWER-C, DLF INFINITY TOWERS, BLOCK-2 BUILDING-3 DLF CYBER CITY GURGAON). I REQUESTED TO AGENT OF THE COMPANY WHO CAME MY RESIDENCE FOR COLLECTION OF DUE AMOUNT RS. 200. HE DESTROYED THE SBI CARD AS MENTIONED ABOVE AND CANELLED THE SAME ON 21.08 .07. I AM NOT ABLE TO UNDERSTAND WHY THEY AGAIN SEND ME THIS LEGAL ISSUE FOR PAYMENT. CUSTOMER CARE THAT PLEASE CLOSED MY A/C IMMEDIATELY IF NOT CLOSED SO FAR HOW IS IT POSSIBLE AFTER THEY SENDING PENDING BILL (AMOUNT RS 3422.SIR PLEASE LOOK INTO THIS MATTER DO ME FEVOUR AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE.
      WITH REGARDS.
      DINESH SINGH
      HA21, KAVERI APP BLOCK -1, HOSTEL PUSA CAMPUS NEW DELHI
      AEW/PK/001/SBI CARD/09-10
      27 July, 2009

To

Sub: Surrendered & Settlement of card payment-reg.

My Credit Card No: [protected].

This is to bring into your notice that I have surrendered my SBI credit Card two years back, due to the expiry months on 05, 2007. I submitted through your authorized collection centre and my card is collected by your Collection agent. I have not received any statement and credit card from SBI in till the date. But till this date I am paying minimum dues about two years from the date of my card expirers, amount I have paid till this date above RS : 35, 000.00, Few days back I received a call from the SBI recovery department stating that there are dues pending against my card RS :18, 000/=.
      Please do need cancel my card immediately and if you are not stopping to sending me this type of false statement. I will take a legal action against SBI credit card.

After Card surrendered with Payment paying details as:

S.No. Cheque/Cash Date Amount Receipt no.

1. Cheque 07.06.07 1, 435.00 8611003
      19. Cheque 02.02.09 900.00 13279520
      20. Cheque 03.03.09 886.00 13314847
      21. Cash 31.03.09 900.00 13597626
      22. Cash 02.05.09 960.00 13621364
      23. Cash 02.06.09 960.00 13862298 and more.

Thanking you.

By Regards,

P.KALANGAPULI.

Jitendra Manaswin
        I read a complain of same nature from another site user and here under my experience with SBI.

I am trying to get internet banking username and password from last 3 months. I'm banked with their Boring canal road, Patna branch.
        1. Thir staffs are rude to customers.. they even not trying to learn from private sector banks ...
        2. They are not competent and dumbs like anything...
        3. There online complaint form is useless even you can't get a reply from them whatever problems you are facing.

It's better to have banked with Any Other bank.

Say strong NO NO to SBI.
        Agreed... NO NO to SBI... good slogan to warn consumers.
        I forget my user name and user password.but i know profile password. so what to do now. please help me.
        I want to know my profile password in internet banking
        I forget my user name.but i know password. so what to do now. please help me.
        hi am harshal aghav
        My SBI's SB account [protected] at Salem Sri Rangapalayam Branch

I have the user ID and password. I forgot my password and ID. Please help me to access my InterNet Bank ID positively.

ArulKumar.J
        My SBI's SB account [protected] at BANSDA Branch

sagar j. patel

SBI — Net banking user name password

This is sonali and i have lost my user name and password for net banking..I visited the sbi branch 4 times...But the people specially the manager is very rude and always giving me excuses like...the procedure is very big and the server is slow..audit is going on and we diot have a time etc etc.....I am so harassed and thinking to close my account because of the bad service....Any other way to get my user name and id?

SBI Mutual Fund — revalidation of dividend warrant [Resolved]

yashoda jain
          i yashoda jain have sent the divedend warrant numbered 449804 for revalidation 113 days ago but did not receive any reply...

SBI Mutual Fund — SBI Magnum Global Fund - Cancellation request not being Honoured [Resolved]

Rajan Dhawan

I have been investing through a SIP in SBI Magnum Global Fund for Rs 1000 per month (Folio No 8356052)....

Anand Gijare
          I am holding an account with SBI, Mahadevpura branch. I have avail personal loan from bank of Rs. 300,000 (Rs. 3 lakhs only). I am paying my installments regularly.
          I am changing my current job for better prospects. Chief bank manager has hold my this months entire salary without any written concent. When asked verbaly he quoted that he can not trust me for paying further installments as he offered me loan based on my current companies credentials.
          I have sent mail to SBI helpline and General Manager consumer service. The complaint no. is 25943631. Is it allowed to hold my salary on hypothetical reasons, when I am not a defaulter and what should be the next step of action.

Praveen Rai Bhalla
            I had taken a home loan at fixed rate at 8% from SBI in 2005.recently i came to know that my interest rate has been increased without any notice.How can any bank increase the interest(fixed rate) rate without any reason.They say it is because of RBI guidelines.Now what do i do?.It is giving me a financial burden.
            regards..
            p r bhalla

I had taken a home loan at fixed rate at 7.5% from SBI in AUG.- 2005.recently i came to know that my interest rate has been increased without any notice.How can any bank increase the interest(fixed rate) rate without any reason.They say it is because of RBI guidelines.Now what do i do?.It is giving me a financial burden.
            regards..
            R. P. ATHOLE
            I had taken a home loan at the rate of 10% from SBI in month of December, 2008.recently i came to know that the interest rate of 8% anounce of the Central Govenment. so i am requested to bank is chares of interest rate of 10.How can any bank increase the interest rate without any reason.They say it is because of RBI guidelines.Now what do i do?.It is giving me a financial burden.

anil kumar
            Sir

I had taken a home loan from SBI in March 2005 @ fixed rate of 7.5%. The loan agreement clearly mentions that it is a special rate as agreed with our builders and fixed in nature. In spite of this, SBI has raised my loan interest rate to 9.75% (a whopping increase of 2.25%) effective from November 2008, without bothering to inform me. When I approached the concerned Manager, he had the gall to tell me that SBI need not inform the customers about changes to the interest rate. He said that they can change the interest rate as and when they please, citing some RBI guidelines. He also told me to foreclose the Loan and seek other funding institutions. So much for customer care. I am not aware of any such RBI guidelines. I am a senior citizen and retired from service. This increased interest rate is going to be an additional burden which would be very difficult for me to meet. What do I do? Which forum should I address to, and seek redressal?

M V Rajagopal

State Bank of India — Charging late fee etc without a reason [Resolved]

aswaninaresh
              Dear Sir,'
              I have a gold card of SBI .I have been paying my bills in time but the company is a cheater.They...

Online SBI — mobile number [Resolved]

mohankshah
              My mobile no. for sms alerts in respect of thirdparty transactions is [protected] and not [protected] which is no number .my...

Mohandas K S
              SBI CARD No. [protected]

I remained as your card holder for about last 14 years and I am to inform for your kind knowledge that my card was expired on 11/2007, and no fresh card is issued to me so far. The matter regarding non issue of the card was informed on phone a fortnight back also and nothing is heard from you till this date. Kindly, transfer the excess payment remitted by me, as reflected on the statement dated[protected], to my A/C No.[protected], SBI, Ansari Nagar, AIIMS Campus, New Delhi. As you are aware, the matter is delayed considerably and even though I remained as your card holder since long utilized your services and paid for the same, the apathy shown is intolerable.

(SATHI MOHANDAS.)
              C-201, Shree Ganesh Apartment,
              Plot No. 12-B, Sector-7
              Opposite CCRT, Dwarka,
              New Delhi –110075.
              Ph: [protected], [protected]
              Sub: Renewal of SBI Credit Card No. [protected] in the name of JOSEPH V.T.

I request you to kindly release the renewal credit card. At present the card is not working. 8 months before you had sent the Credit card after renewal at my address. But at that time unfortunately I was in Kerala, so the same has been undelivered and returned to you.

After that, 2 / 3 times I had contacted to your Executive at the SBI helpline numbers but till date I could not get any response from your end.

Therefore, I request you to kindly look into the matter and arrange to send the renewed credit card at an early date. Please note that I need only ONE CARD in my name and don’t send the Addl. Card and also do not want any Insurance. The addl. card is presently not useful for me.

The credit card may please be send at the address given below:

Joseph V.T.

Mob.: [protected]

e-mail: rojan.[protected]@yahoo.com

D.O.B. 10.12.1958
              Sub: Renewal of SBI Credit Card No. [protected] in the name of JOSEPH V.T.

The credit card may please be send at the address given below:

e-mail: rojan.[protected]@yahoo.com

D.O.B. 10.12.1958
              Renewal/issue of card

SBI CARD No. [protected]
              I remained as your card holder for about last 4 years and I am to inform for your kind knowledge that my card was expired on 12/2007, and no fresh card is issued to me so far. The matter regarding non issue of the card was informed on phone a month back also and nothing is heard from you till this date. As you are aware, the matter is delayed considerably and even though I remained as your card holder since long utilized your services and paid for the same, the apathy shown is intolerable.

please also sent new card and other correspondence in my resIdentiaL address, which is al follows:

R.R. SIKDAR
              HIG-1094,M.P.H.B
              POST INDUSTRIAL ESTATE,BHILAI
              DIST. DURG. C.G.-490026

NOTE: IN FUTURE ALL CORRESPONDENSE WILL BE DONE ON TO ABOVE ADDRESS ONLY.
              ok dear but you see the worst bank dealing in the credit card is axis bank. they are the greatest cheaters

Sandeep Katiyar

This has reference to release the maturity payment of IDBI flexi bonds. In this connection I would like to inform that I have deposited cheque no[protected] [protected] of Vijay Bank in State Bank of India at Palia Kalan Branch in 16-Oct-2007, but till date cheque is not creadited in our saving account from Vijya Bank.

It is requested to kindly release the payment against your cheque, which I have deposited in bank.

Bond Holder Name : Sandeep Katiyar
                Folio number : 21IFB548646
                Warrant no :[protected]
                Sir/Madam,
                I Mr. Barunava Saha deposited a cheque of SBI Green Park Extension Branch Vide Cheque No: 667487, Dated: 23.05.09, amounting to Rs 80, 000/- (Rupees Eighty Thousands Only) to my SB A/c[protected]. at SBI, Kiriburu Branch, Jharkhand on dated 24.07.2009.
                Unfortunately till date, the amount has not been transferred to my A/c. neither I have been intimated about the status of the cheque. I requested my Branch Manager to look into the matter tentatively on 15.08.2009, who informed me that he has written to SBI Green Park Extension Branch by Regd. Letter to ascertain the status of the Cheque, not only that he also sent a couple of Mail through Internet for the same purpose. Mysteriously the SBI Delhi Branch didn’t respond any of them. I myself sent a Mail to Regional Office of SBI Patna with the same fates.
                Now, may I ask your good self who is responsible for such a lacklursture procedure and also who will compensate my economical loss and mental agony as well that too from the biggest banking network of India? It is a shame for the Nation that here a bonafide customer is harassed for no reason and no redressal system is available for common man.
                Finally once again, I request you to kindly let me know why the amount has not been cleared immediately, so that I can take up the matter with the cheque issuing authority other wise I have left no other option rather then to take up the matter with the CONSUMER REDRESSAL FORUM.
                Thanking You
                Yours faithfully
                (BARUNAVA SAHA)
                +91 [protected]

I have received a Cheque for income tex department and I have deposited that Cheque cheque no -174047 and 964078 of State Bank in state bank of India main branch lucknow in 12-Sep-2009, but till date cheque is not credited in our saving account from From state bank . I have follow-up with our bank several times, but responce is nill. my A/C[protected], Diposit in Sonbhadra (Robertsganj) Uttar Pradesh.

It is requested to kindly help us to credit the amount in our saving bank account.
                I am ram chandra ,i have deposited cheques in state bank of india of branch-kadipur district sultanpur(branch code 10877) on date 19 sept 2011,cheques no.are following........
                20736,20737,20738,20739,20740,20741,20742,20743,20744. each have amount Rs-12811.
                The all cheques are not clear till today,whe we go to branch then the branch manager said the cheque in my branch does not clear earlier,take period about 1 to 2 month.but the cheque is local bank, central bank of india branch kadipur.
                So sir kindly we want to clear of my cheques earlier.
                THANK YOU.

Mangesh K Tayde
                  Dear Madam / Sir

Unfortunately I was a SBI credit card holder. They levied some unnecessary charges on my account and starting sending me mails and sms. So I paid Rs. 3500 to close the issue. I requested them that I want to forget the association with SBI Card so do not send me any sms or email or any statement. For which I was assured that i will not be sent any message from them.

But till date I am receiving mails and sms from SBI Card.

The number from which I received the message today is +91 [protected].

I have registered on my MTNL DND and I specially went to SBI Card website and register my self for the same DND there.

Still I am facing the same problem, which is disturbing my work.

My phone number is [protected].

Please take some action against these people.

thanking you.
                  Dear Sir / Madam,

I am an SBI Credit Card Holder for many years enjoying fairly good services from your bank until now. But now, I am getting frequent calls from the phone number[protected] and someone by name Vandana is making all kinds of attractive offers saying that I am a privileged customer of SBI Cards. She told me that they are offering me Free Travel Vouchers for Holiday in India and abroad, Airline Ticket Vouchers, Reward points etc etc and finally said that they need my confirmation for a payment of Rs.6067/- which will be reflected in my statement dated 17th November 2011. The lady kept insisting that I should confirm over phone. But, I refused to do that realizing that there is something fishy about the whole matter.

The most troubling thing is to note that the caller gave all kinds of details pertaining to my SBI credit card account like my Card Number, My Date of Birth, My wife's and children's names, our exact postal address, phone numbers, email ID etc.

I would like you to look into the matter and take appropriate action immediately and give a feedback about the bank's action in this regard. I'm furnishing my full address and contact details below:

Dr.P.ILANGO
                  [protected]@yahoo.com

Ilango

State Bank of India — Cheque remain unclear for over 1 year [Resolved]

Banti Chowdhury
                    I am Banti Chowdhury .I has a savings account in SBI Jadavpur University Branch. My account no is :- [protected]
                    br...

ANIL SARYAL
                    1. On 07.11.2007, I was offered Rs.56,000/- @ 19% p.a. on reducing basis. But, on the statement, interest was charged @ 19% p.a. on FLAT basis. I refunded a cheque No.201513 of Rs.56,000/- with a letter dated 30.11.2007, which was debited from my a/c on 04.12.2007. I also got my card cancelled.

2. Reg my problem, I contacted to SBI :-

26.11.2007 - Discussed with Ms. Mamta and Mr. Avinash.
                    30.11.2007 - Letter faxed with a cheque of Rs.56000/-
                    27.12.2007 - Discussed with Mr. Deepak (Complaint
                    No.NQ[protected]
                    21.01.2008 - Discussed with Mr. Prantik (Complaint
                    No.MQ[protected]
                    29.01.2008 - Discussed with Ms. Amrita/ Ms. Nilu.

All above only assured me to do the best. But, till now, no adjustment of Rs.56,000/- is made and there is no response from SBI. I am still waiting for my full & final statement.

I humbly request you to kindly arrange to do the needful.

with kind regards,

( ANIL SARYAL )
                    Hi all,
                    In 2007 i took one sbi card after some persistent following by one of the agents of SBI card.
                    I was told that it was a free card. But when i receved the statement i found that they charged annual fee. When i called the department they told that it will be reversed after first transaction. it happened so. this year Again they charged the money on this card. I did not check the staement for last few months since i am not transacting any thing on this card. IO found that they charged annual fee and on top of that they started charging . when i called them they are telling that it is annual fee chargable card.
                    If i had called as soon as the annual fee is charged they would have reversed the fee. But why is this we need to call them to get the annual fee will be reversed. Have any faced this problem. If so what you did. Anyway I blocked the card now. I decided not to pay this fee because of the cheating. Since I have so many other cards which are annual fee waived.
                    Complaint comments  Add a comment

SBI Credit Card VISA — Discrepancy in monthly statement dt.25th Jan.2008 [Resolved]

J Shanmukha Rao
                      I am having SBI Credit card Visa bearing No.[protected]. I am a regular payee of amounts every month....

State Bank of India — non issuing of cheque book [Resolved]

nivsas
                      Respected sir,
                      i am informing you that mr. sarat working as a generator contractor in state bank of india bukkkarayasamudram...

CHANDRAPRAGASH
                      Dear sir
                      I am not using SBI card for the last one year ,and without my concurrence you given my name to royal sundram insurance i have not signed any form regarding insurance but you are asking the payment for the insurance.
                      this year i am not reday to pay that.if possible pls repay the amount what ever i paid for the last year
                      because of thsi i am goint ot surrender the SBI card

chandrapragash
                      Sir mera philay account se sbi life insurence ka paisa automati kat jata tha avi nahi kat hain q plz reply me [protected]@gmail.com this mail mera account no [protected]

State Bank of India — BAD SERVICE [Resolved]

ARINDAM MUKHERJEE
                        SUB: BITTER EXPERIENCE WITH SBI CARD.

REFERENCE: SBI CARD NO. [protected]

Gentlemen,br...

Shruthi Shetty
                        I had an gold SBI credit card. The statement for this card was sent regularly before the due date by SBI and hence i was able to pay the outstanding amount on time.

But 3 months ago, i was given an option of changing my gold card to plantium card which i accepted thinking i would have more benefits.

After this, I was not recieving the credit card statement on time and i was not able to view it in the website of sbi either. Because of this i was not aware of statement amount and also the due date. And so i couldnot pay the money. Recently i got a statement which again is after due date has the outstandi ng amount double than what i actually spent with the credit card. Those are interest added.

Please respond to this as soon as possible.

Shruthi
                        1. I am depositing cheque at my nearest sbi br. 3-4 days before due date. But every time sbi card divn. impose penalty and on request time and again, the same is not waiving.

2. Not receiving card statement in time for which exact amount to be deposited to bank is quite in the dark.

3. statement receiving 2- 3 months later and at a time

pl. help.
                        Now i am out of india thats way i am not aware of statement amount and also the due date. I AM not able to view it in the website of sbi either. Because my card is expaird my card no is [protected]
                        pls ragistar me to net statment and gide me how to see the statment
                        regards
                        AMOL
                        i have not received statements for two months so i could not payments.pl.take a note and send the same.
                        i have not received bill payment of my credit card dated 20/12/2009
                        I am holding SBI cre. card. I had 250+ credited in to SBI cre. card. I have not swap that dard any where and for month of feb 2010 they charge me IRs538.04.

As I informed you that my IRs200+ is credited in SBI then without any swap why they are charging me?

mahamuni [protected]

Since two months I am not receiving any credit card statement, as such I am not able to view the billing of credit card No. [protected]
                        Kindly send the same .