The Mobile Store Complaints & Reviews

1.8
Last updated Nov 15, 2021
Profile

File a complaint to The Mobile Store

Having problems with The Mobile Store?

File a complaint and get it resolved by The Mobile Store customer care. It’s quick effective and absolutely free!

The Mobile Store

The Mobile Store Website

The Mobile Store Head Office Address

Unit #501 & 502, Kohinoor City, Kirol Road, Off L.B.S Marg Kurla (W)
Mumbai City District
400 070

The Mobile Store Phone Numbers

1860-267-6767

The Mobile Store reviews & complaints(481)

Sir/Ma'am,

The address of the mobile store from where I purchased my handset is-

The Mobile Store Limited,
95, Dum Dum Road,
Opp Hanuman Mandir
Kolkata, 700074

I dont have any complaints because we complain for products that we buy from a company we trust but "THE MOBILE STORE" has lost all my trust that I use to have on it previously. Now hearing or reading the name only disgust me. Read on and you will know why.

I would like to share my experience of purchasing my first smartphone from "THE MOBILE STORE" .

I went to "THE MOBILE STORE" on 09/10/2014 around 7 P.m. to purchase Micromax A102 Doodle 3. They billed me in a hurry, and entered my phone number incorrectly in the bill & didn't bother to change even after my request. After the billing I paid them Rs.7999 for the handset, Rs.199 for 1 year extended warranty & Rs. 299 for 1 year accidental warranty. After that I requested them to check the handset for me. They said that it is already checked and they cant waste their time on one customer and they need to attend other customers too. (Note: There was only 1 more customer except me, and a total of 4-5 mobile store guys were present). After requesting them a couple of more times, they started checking it half heartedly. They tried to switch on the handset but it wasn't responding so they asked me to take the handset home and charge it because it was low on battery. I insisted them to charge it here itself. After a bit delay and hesitation they took the handset and charger inside a room. After much discussion among themselves they declared that the mobile is defective.

Now they left me with two options, either I have to take this defective set to service centre because they where out of stock & cant replace it or I have to purchase another set of the same price or more. I literally begged them to keep the money but give me at least a day to decide but they refused to do so. Then I decided to purchase a set of Samsung which costs around 6, 500. But they declined to refund me the rest of the money. They said that I can only purchase a set which is equal or more than Micromax A102 Doodle 3 bill.

Since I was running out of option I asked them to suggest any alternative. They told me to purchase Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim. I wanted to purchase an Android phone but they said it will be best of all. Seeing no where to go I agreed with them. I requested them to complete the procedure as I was late for home which is 25 kms away from that particular branch. To my horror, they declared that they are out of stock & I'll have to wait for another hour. In the meantime they will send someone to collect the handset from another branch. I requested them to bring any other colour except white but the branch manager Maloy Das threatened me and said that only white is available, I can take that or keep the defected micromax set and go home. I was short of money so I had to call my friend to give me a loan of Rs. 2000 who stays nearby.He handed over the money to me and left. Now I was all alone in the store with the store manager, his girlfriend (she was a life insurance agent, got to know from their conversation) and two other mobile store guys who were flirting with his girlfriend. They brought maaza, closed half the shutter and started enjoying among themselves, completely ignoring me. After an hour the manager left with his girlfriend and rest started leaving one by one but I was still waiting for the person who was suppose to bring the mobile set which I never planned to buy at the first place. There wass a camera in the store so anyone who has the authority can check the whole incident of that day.

Finally after 9:30 p.m. the person with an old box of Nokia Lumia 630 (white) arrived. The seal of the box was coming out as if it was opened and closed many times.I asked him why the box looks so old, full of dust and seal tampered. He replied that the mobile phones come in stock thus the appearance. Felling completely helpless and cheated, I paid the rest of the amount, so my grand total was Rs.9599 for handset, Rs.299 each for 1 year accidental claim & 1 year extended warranty respectively.

Before billing they promised to provide a free anti-virus but later on declined.
When I asked for my handset bill they said that they need to do some sales return transaction so they cant generate it now. The guys in the mobile store took my email id & promised me to forward the ebill & certificates but they failed to do the same. I waited for two more days and called and requested them to provide the above, they simply said it had already been generated & sent. I requested them again & asked them to sent my papers, they forwarded me a aircel sim bill & blocked my number. When I again rang them from a different number, & literally begged them, they simply said that the system is crashed & it cant be generated anymore & disconnected my call. When all my attempt failed to retrieve my bill, I searched google for a mobile store email or helpline and founded mobicares email. After sending a couple of emails, they sent a scanned copy of my bill. The battery of my handset hardly gives back upto 2 hours from the very first day of purchase. No need to say more. It was my first smart phone but I was not at all happy or excited. It was more like a burden for me. On that day I decided, "THE MOBILE STORE" will be the last place I will go ever to purchase a handset. I will prefer not to have a handset, than having one from "THE MOBILE STORE".

To add insult to injury, my friends after knowing about the purchase informed me that Nokia Lumia 630 is no longer manufactured since Microsoft has taken over Nokia. Other dealers are selling Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim for not more than 6000 to 7000 and I have been robbed. To add fuel to fire, Microsoft lumia was launched next day and it was available for 8000 with bigger screen, 1 GB RAM, front camera, flash and many more extra features than Nokia Lunia 630.

Finally I just want to say that I have nothing against anyone. Before billing I was treated like a king, after billing like a slave. Common man I'm :)
I lost some extra bucks but they lost my TRUST forever.

P.S.- NEVER TRUST "THE MOBILE STORE" EVER. PLEASE CHECK THE PRICE ONLINE BEFORE PURCHASING.

Thank You.
The Mobile Store customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

I have purchased Extended warranty for my mobile. Once I felt an issue with the touch of my phone and I deposited my phone over Mobile Store outlet and I received my phone after 16 days. Within 10 days the same problem happened. Again I visited mobile store outlet. Same process continued and again after receiving my phone same problem of touch. It was third time on 28th November 2015 I have sent my phone for repairing and for the same annoying touch. Now the current status is that they have repaired my phone again and not initiated any refund or return. They assured me that they will replace or refund amount if a customer facing same problem 3 or more times. Now you suggest me how I can be assured that this time I won’t face the problem again. If same issue can’t be resolved in three times than there is no chance of any magic to happen. Please note I was without my phone over 50 to 60 days. And till the date no response from them Extended warranty no: EXWAR2084596

I got a sms that Rs. 20424 has been deducted from my credit card at the mobile store on 19/12/2015 on 11:07 I call icici bank to know in detail . they told me that transaction was in the mobile store at Gurgaon. But I was in kolkata with my credit card on 19/12/2015 . But I have not purchased anything from the mobile store by my credit card on 19/12/2015 at 11:07 am. Please help me. Regards, S.karak [protected]
      Dear Customer,

We regret any inconvenience caused. Our official will get in touch with you. We appreciate your patience.

ICICI Bank Customer Service Team

Hi I am Suresh Dhavalagi worked in " The Mobile Store " more than 1 and half years and same applied for Pf its almost 3 months over i didnt got any pf amount kindly help PF NO : MH/BAN/48325/13906 Name : Suresh Dhavalagi |Id : 20042289 pls help ... Mail; [protected]@gmail.com mob: [protected]
        The Mobile Store customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

I hav taken gionee m4 before 2 months i was having an insurance of a mobile My mobile is damaged due to throwing i hav given mu mob for repair in The mobilr store bhy west near maxus mall The worst shop ever i hav seen no presentation nthng speaking lang and no response Plz i request take strict action
          Dec 15, 2015
          The Mobile Store Customer Care's response
          Dear Sir/Madam, Greeting from The Mobile Store. We would request you to share your handset IMEI number with register contact number to better understand your case & try to resolve ASAP. Yours sincerely, The Mobicares Team

Kindly like the page and raise a voice against the mobile Store. https://www.facebook.com/AgainstTheMobileStore/ Hi, I am Sudarson Swami brought the Sony Xperia Z2 (EMI-[protected]) on 15th August 2014. I brought the extended warranty with itself. On 25th November 2015 i broke one of the sim card reader pin by myself. On 26th November i had submitted the handset at The mobile store (Goregaon west store) under extended warranty. The handset was sent to Gujarat for repair. The technical team had informed me about the issue and the damaged (physical damage) is not covered under extended warranty. It was also informed that the handset will be returned and while collecting the handset kindly check the handset. The handset was returned on 12th December 2015. While checking the Handset it was found the handset had the below additional problem which was not occurring while submitting the handset. 1. The rear camera lens is blur. 2. The vibration is not working. 3. The GPS is not working. I informed the store representative regarding the problems, he ignored and forcefully submitted the handset to me. I called the customer care and lodged a complaint (MSCO[protected] regarding the issue and response was unsatisfactory. The mail stated "it can't be assured that handset shall be returned in same condition" Please find the attached mail for your reference. If the handset can't be repaired it should be sent as it is. Kindly look into the above issue and provide a solution for the same. It would be a great help. Regards, Sudarson Swami.
            Dec 16, 2015
            The Mobile Store Customer Care's response
            Dear Sir, We apologize the inconvenience cause to you. In physical damaged handsets nature of problem can change due to corrosion of internal parts thus it can’t be assured that handset shall be returned in same condition. Yours sincerely, The Mobicares Team

I had purchased a Redmi 2 Handset with a Theft Insurance and Accidental Damage Protection for a year. I was informed that I will send the invoice copy and necessary certificates on my mail as the hard copy of the bill they give gets faded after a few months and no certificates were given for the insurance. I wasn't sent any such documents even after contacting the store and asking them to do so. I contacted the toll free no. of the co.(i.e.[protected] on 28.11.2015. at 04:10 p.m. On contacting them and telling my problem I get a vague reply that they are no responsible for this and I need to go to the store and convince the people there to send the documents for which i have paid. Please help me with the matter as I want all the relevant documents along with a compensation for such a rude reply and harassment. Person contacted on the toll free no. : Mr. Sushil Invoice No. : 36758/12787565 Store ID : 1278
              The Mobile Store customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

I submiteed the mobile 12 days ago on mobile store to solve a problem under warranty period they told u will getback ur mobile within 10 days 12 days past mobile wasnt send for reparing, was not expected from the mobile store very much disappointed...

We bought Gionee P-103 handset from the mobile store
                  Address: BSEL Tech Park Vashi, on 13 Nov 15.

We were promised Replacement or refund if any issue with the phone within 5 working days.

We reported Three issues on 15 Nov 15,
                  1.Network Issue, 2. Resolution was lower than what was promised and 3. Volume issue.

The salesman "Haneef" as started arguing with us and refused all his commitments. He started telling to refer T&C on bill which he didnot gave at the time of purchase. We were told that bill will come on mail.

He misguided about service center availability in Vashi (which is false).

We wereinformed to visit service center to get DOA for replacement. Telling so he went outside the shop.

We discussed to Area manager "Santosh Singh". He denied to accept the complaint and "False Promises" of his salesman.

Request: Refund.
                  Nov 29, 2015
                  The Mobile Store Customer Care's response
                  Dear Sir/Madam, We wish to inform you that, we can replace the handset if there is any manufacturing defect in it against the DOA certificate issued by the brand authorized service center. It can't be replaced for any other reason. Thanks & Regards, The Mobile Store

I have bought Nexus6P..and have got the insurance as well for Rs. 1600..and when j asked for the policy paper..the premium amount mentioned there was Rs.274 only and when I asked for the rest of the money..they dint have any explanation to this and said rest is for admin charges..funny part was even the store manager was not aware of this. Mobile Store is simply cheating consumers on this..they charge..dnt provide any receipts for the amount u spent. I hope someone will look into this matter. I know u guys won't have any solution for this..coz u done give money back..this is ridiculous.. Please do not buy any phone and anything from Mobile store..these guys are cheaters.. Nitin [protected]
                    The Mobile Store customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

I bought a mobile phone from mobile store, and along with that an assured buy back plan, where mobile store promised to buy back the phone, after 6 months of the purchase at 50% of the price. For the last one month, i am running to Mobile Store outlet for the buy back, but they are refusing to do so. Can you please help.

Sir mene 20 2 2015 ko aanand bajar old palasia se the mobile store se mobile liya tha uska bima b karwaya tha or mera mobile...

The Mobile Store — Sales executive wrong commitment

I had purchased lava mobile on 25/08/15 with recharge powerbank 4400mah. That time i taken powerbank without checking and...

The Mobile Store which is located in Elgin Road, near Bhawanipur college Kolkata has given me very unsatisfactory service. I went there to get my mobile recharged. They did not do it properly from there computer and was misleading me by saying that it has been done there is some problem with tata docmo and asked me to call customer care. I called the customer care they told me that no recharge has been done, when I told this to them they started arguing with me then one of my relatives had a talk with the store manager Mr. AMAN JOTH SINGH, he (my relative) was talking to the manager a was telling him to look into the matter and resolve it as soon as possible or otherwise return back the money, the store manager AMAN JOTH SINGH started arguing with him and disconnected the phone in between then I again called my relative and asked the store manager to talk he again replied rudely and simply gave me the phone. When i told him why did you disconnect the call he answered me very rudely that it is my wish and misbehaved with me. He dont have manners to talk to women, it is very shameful on your part to hire such employees. Instead of being sorry he was showing attitude to me and misbehaved with me. You are losing your goodwill by hiring such employees. I hope you will take strict actions against him. Thank you so much mobile store for this unsatisfactory service of yours.
                        The Mobile Store customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

I have Submitted my Handset to Mr. Madan at sector 14, gurgaon, store on 12th Aug 2015. below are the details: Handset IMEI NO. [protected] Micromax A117 White. Extended Warranty NO. EXWAR1869300. MOBILE NO [protected]. Since 13 Aug to till date i am calling your helpdesk and emailing you as well. but nobody is helping me. Today i had a call with you helpdesk, representative name was diksha, she told me that handset is reached to service centre but after 2 min. she denied that it is not reached to service centre and she dont know where the handset is. then she took me on con-call with store person where i have submitted my handset. and he told me that he dispatched the handset on 14 Aug. and after that he dont know anything about my handset. NOw I am clueless about my handset and FORGET ABOUT REPAIR, YOU PEOPLE DONT EVEN KNOW THAT WHERE IS MY HANDSET. CRAP SERVICE. 2 days later, Still waiting for the reply. called your customer care and got the info that my handset is physically damaged. but at the time of submission to your store, my handset was 100% OK in physical condition and there was a software problem only. but now your people or courier boy may have damazed my handset which is not my concern. May I have the confirmation about repair.
                          The Mobile Store customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

After lots of research i had decided to buy a xiaomi mi4i mobile, and i decided to buy it from india's largest mobile store 'the mobile store', i knew that the price of mi4i mobile is 12999, but the organization's executive told me the price is 13700, with this price u r getting 1 year extended warranty and a screen guard, but the price is fixed, they forced me to pay extra money for achieving their targets of screen guard selling and warranty extend, when i came back home, i saw the company price i.e 12999 on the box, then explain me why they did so, they are taking extra money from people to fullfill their targets and making the public fool whether they want warranty extension or not, i had given 700 rs extra, bt i dont had the wish to extend the warranty nor to buy screen guard from your store.now i have decided not to buy any products from the mobile store and never i will recommend to my friends Regards, Prosenjit roy
                            The Mobile Store customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

I am really unhappy with the kind of service given by the Hazra Mobile Store kolkata with address Shop No. 55B, S.P. Mukherjee Road, Hazra, Kolkata - 700026 . They sold me an HTC ONE E9 plus and after selling it they did not give me a proper bill, i paid exact price without discount they sent me the bill later by mail and a manual bill with stamp.They do not gave me a demo of the new phone and handed over the phone to a lay worker who just configured the sim since then am facing issues regarding set up, installation and mobile data, infact the left speaker is not working properly and the phone is becoming hot, they are not helping me and asking me to go to customer care, since I am a busy employee is it what I am supposed to do with 7 day old phone?Even they did not gave me norton security code antivirus.kindly help otherwise I will ensure to take other actions against the store.As it is a 40k phone and I have availed Bajaj Finserv EMI kindly help

The Mobile Store customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

i hav a nokia lumia 520 i got network prblm in moble i was given my mbl to the nearst the moble store they give me my mbl...

I purchsed a Oppo Smartphone Phone from Westbengal, Dobson Road Outlet, Howrah-711101.kolkata Invoice Number-cant See Store-1079 Its been 2times that Oppo has already faced issue. I spoke to the Person who was there at the time he covinced and sold the phone Now i wanted to replace the phone or fix it i also purchsed a Warranty to get full coverage