Uber India

Bad

Uber India Complaints & Reviews

Uber India — Overcharge

vdewan
I had booked taxi from kailash colony to Nariana. the driver called after 10 minutes to confirm the address. He said that...

manikandan299

Last Friday I traveled from Velachery to Ambattur in Chennai city. While booking the estimated amount is 242 RS and also it did not mention any surcharges. When the driver close the trip it shows 552 RS. Because of the app calculated the traveled kilometers wrongly(Attached Images) total 25 kilometer only I traveled but the app shows 38.83 Kilometers and also we did not cross any toll but they charged 30RS for toll.I am travelling the same route for every day. Me and driver called to the driver customer care(Rider do not have any option for file a complaints through phone). They said send a email to [protected]@uber.com regarding this then they will refund the amount. I sent the email to the given email address and I got the response

"Madhoo (Uber)
Aug 26, 23:00 PDT

Hi Manikandan,

Thanks for reaching out about this.

I double checked your trip, and it looks like the destination of drop off wasn't the destination initially entered in the app when the trip was requested.

The upfront fares are based on the exact pickup and drop off locations that you input, so when that trip is changed, our system instead charges based on the time and distance of the actual trip, using the rates that apply to the vehicle option you selected. I can confirm that based on the pickup and drop off locations of the trip you took, this fare is correct.

Feel free to let us know if there's anything else we can help with or if you have any further questions.

If you want to revise your rating given to your driver, you can do that from your email receipt for that trip (bottom right corner).

Madhoo
help.uber.com"

Once I got the reply I sent the screens about the trip and asked the reason, But no one is responding. Nearly 4 emails I sent no response. This is the reason they do not have the customer care number for rider.

Mani

Charged more amount also they are giving wrong information about the trip and no one is responding
Complaint marked as Resolved Sep 7, 2016
Refunded the amount

[Aug 29, 2016] Uber India customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
Updated by manikandan299 Sep 07, 2016
They have replied and refunded the amount

Devesh Mohnot
    The driver was extremely rude, first he didn't arrive at the exact pick up location but far off on a flyover.
    Then when i gave him a 500 rs note for i did not have change, he began abusing and misbehaving and said if you wish to complain do it, nothing will happen.

I wish to discontinue riding with uber in light of such circumstances if no action is taken against him.

Rajat Rathour
      I requested a uber cab near savitri nagar around 10:30, the cab driver arrived on due time and met me personally on knowing that the drop was in noida, the cab driver rejected the drive and pick up and moved away by cancelling the trip and hence because of his mistake as he rejected the drive i had to pay an extra amount of 80rs/- on the following next ride around 11:00 which was picked up from the same location. The mobile number of driver at fault is, [protected] and name of driver is pintu. Please refund my extra amount of 80rs asap, as it was not my faculty and uber was and is at fault. Thank you

[Aug 28, 2016] Uber India customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

Rituraj Srivastav
        I booked a cab with uber last night. While I was travelling I was carrying my cellphone with me of the make Sony Xperia SP.
        Finally when the trip ended and I got out I realised that I do not have my phone.
        I called on my number and it was ringing. Accordingly I called the cab driver but he didnt respond. I called him atleast 4 times.
        Subsequently with no other option I again called on my number and now it was going switched off.
        I am aware of the services being rendered by such company, but such kind of incidents only prove to be detrimental to company's reputation. I am sure that my cellphone is in the cab.
        I have already lodged a FIR in the nearest police station. I would request to kindly look into the matter as soon as possible, since I am apprehending that it might be used for some unsolicited purposes. I have also contacted uber but they are not responding

Cab Driver Details:
        Name: Ghanshyam
        Vehicle: TATA Indica
        Mob No: [protected]

Divya Suguna
          I was verbally abused by the Uber Driver JAMES CHINNAPA RAJ by using extreme foul language.. Location: Chennai, India.

First, he did not have change for minimum of 100 rupees. Nor did he take any effort in getting it from somewhere with a minimal courtesy of helping a singla woman with a 3 month old pup. While I had to stop the autos on the street and get change to pay the driver, I had to leave behind my pup in the car barely for 3-5 minutes. As per Uber policy, if the driver is not comfortable to have a pup on the ride, he must deny the duty but that was not the case. He did keep his mouth shut for whole of the ride and started abusing me with foul language once i got off to get the change for no reason. Right in the middle of the street. This is definitely not acceptable. I would certainly want this man to feel the pinch of abusing customers for no good reason.

[Aug 30, 2016] Uber India customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

dahiya300
            I booked a cab today but unfortunately the trip got cancelled automatically. I contacted the driver and he also confirmed me that it got cancelled from my end. I got charged ₹80 as a penalty. This happened in past also but that time I let got, but this is like cheating to the customers. I believe the company like uber will take necessary action and resolve this issue. If not I will escalate this issue by social media.

[Aug 26, 2016] Uber India customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

prasanthsiseshar
              Hi myself prasanth, I have booked a UBER cab on August 1 around 8.45 am .The driver told for 30 to 40 minutes that he is coming and after that put his GPS off.Because of that we 4 members missed the train which cost around 5000 and we had not able go that place .Because of his irresponsible action this incident occurred .I want you guys to take necessary action such that this wont repeat again.I am trust customer o[censored]BER because of these kind people don't lose your reputation.These the driver details what i have.

Name:SHIVARAJ
              UBERGO
              Car Type : MARUTHI SUZUKI RITZ
              Car number: KA05AF9822

John Joseph T M
                I travel every day up and down, by Uber taxi charges use to be around Rs 200.00 but on 25th evening trip I have been charged Rs 513.00 for same distance but it took 30 mts more. For taking 30 mts more due to rain and traffic I should be charged 2.5 times than normal.
                Please let me know
                A line in reply will be highly appreciated
                John Joseph T M
                ( Smith )

[Aug 25, 2016] Uber India customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
                Updated by John Joseph T M Aug 25, 2016
                Actually the distance is around 15 km but your bill shows 34 kms I don't understand this so complaint

Chiranjit Dey
                  Dated 24.8.16 7:40 I request for a Uber from Howrah Railway Station . Driver call me and ask me to come near parking zone . When I reach to of the parking zone driver move his car into the zone and without asking me start my ride and asking for Rs. 50 for parking fees . I refuse to give the parking fees then he force me to give that money . I also request him to cancel my trip but he told me that he already stated the ride so cancellation not possible.

He arrange other drivers to make sure that this is the rules. but earlier he not told me that he is in parking place, he told me that he is waiting for the near to the parking slot. I just move to the car, he saw me and start the ride without given this information about parking fees. also he immediately start the ride when i was just try to put my bag in the car.

this is totally unfair with me and i need the resolution . Attached is the bill of Rs. 50 for parking fees.

My Uber register mail ID is - [protected]@gmail.com

aru12
                    As i am coming from the same location daily then also there is a change in fare.Daily i have to pay more than earlier.I am not getting what's going on.How can fare change daily as i am coming from the same location or going to the same location as well.Resolve my problem as early as possible otherwise i have to contact consumer forum.Day before yesterday i had to pay 56 then yesterday i had to pay 70 and today i paid 86 rupee so how it could be change daily.

RealJunaid
                      I was banned from uber suddenly without any explanation in Feb when I mailed them to ask the reason they said we are sorry but we can't do anything aren't they denying me a service which I have a right to use

Account

meetashish23
                        There were no tunnels, bridge, highway or airport on the trip. Secondly, it was the genuineness of the driver told me that this is some mistake from company's end. As a company show some genuineness & refund the money.
                        No where while making the booking or while on trip, i was informed or alarmed about this 'hidden' surcharge.
                        Request[protected]

Páŕul Mayank Sharma
                          I booked uber pool and it showed 169 rps.. driver again said that the address is of southex (you can check that is is gurgaon as shown in my latest invoice..) he then called cust care to which they said that ask the madam to drop there only on the way or drop her in gurgaon and let her pay the final amount.. as I had no option, I asked driver to drop me in gurgaon.. on being dropped, the amount to be paid showed as 544.. ( 135 km from Talkatora to udyog vihar phase 4... are you kidding me??????? ) and 285 has been added as surcharge... I mean do they ppl really want to make life of your customers easy or u r just after money by fooling your customers.. this is the second time i m facing this with uber... I dint hv the time to fight with the driver so i paid him full amount... but i want my money back... I mailed them and posted the complaint on Facebook too but got no response from UBER support.. they dont even have a customer care number ... pls helppp

[Aug 23, 2016] Uber India customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
                          Refer our email dated 16 august 2016. No reply from your side is received till now. You are requested to confirm at the earliest. An early reply will be very helpful for us.

With Regards.

darshan2sheth
                            Hi, on 21st Aug 2016, I took Uber from Shankar Seth to VadgaonSheri. We used Kattad Khana lane and then used MG road / east street as alternative route for this journey. However at the end of journey, Uber still charged me 30 rupees Toll, despite the fact that car never went through toll road. The travel route can clearly show it never cross toll booth,

Despite several emails, Arpita and Kushal from Uber customer care are adamant that car took tool route. I have asked them to check with Driver to confirm if he has paid any toll. Insteading of checking with Driver, they are not even responding to email and there is not customer care contact nos. This seems to be pertinent problem o[censored]ber. I would need Uber to refund this amount of toll and also change the process, where the customer can himself pay the toll, rather than getting charged in receipt. This would avoid such issues.

Toll charged, despite taking alternative route
                            Complaint marked as Resolved Aug 24, 2016
                            One of customer resps has reversed the incorrect toll charges. However others were just copy pasting standard response . status is resolved.

[Aug 24, 2016] Uber India customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
                            Updated by darshan2sheth Aug 22, 2016
                            This is not resolved as uber has not refunded the toll amount.
                            Updated by darshan2sheth Aug 24, 2016
                            This is now resolved as one of the customer resps has refunded the incorrect charges to my account. Unfortunately apart from this rep, everyone else were just responding with standard email verbatim .
                            Today I have booked Uber cab from pitampura to karmpura which is only 10 km bit it showed 13.5 kms and they charge surcharge of 2.8 times even after notice issued of waiver of surcharge, even after contacting customer care they have charged the surcharge and more the customer care executive were not talking professionaly

Deepak Dolas
                              I had book Uberpool on 11.08.2016 ( Thursday ) at 5.50 PM. Pick up location was "Shah & Nahar Industries", Lower parel and destination was Mahim.But driver did not turned up.

Details are as per below -

Google road map was showing 15 mins to reach my work ( Shah & Nahar Industries), lower parel.

I called driver at 5.58 PM but he refused to talked with me.and handed over his mobile to co-customer ( Pulling with ) Miss Anjum. I explained her how to reach my work place .At that time car was at curry Road.
                              ( No need even to explain as google internet shows all the maps to reach the destination )

I again called driver at 6.23 PM to know status of arrival, then he was only listening.

Road map was showing 3 mins to reach my Work Place.

I called driver at 6.56 pm, 6.57pm, 6.59pm, 7.02 pm, but mobile was showing switched Off.

I waisted my time from 5.50 pm to 7.30 pm, even that he did not arrived.

I again called him at 7.12 pm, the bell was ringing but he was not lifting the phone.

Finally I went by Taxi ( Yellow / Black ).

Earlier I had a good experience from UBERpool taxi drivers and there service. I am a regular customer from 4.8.16 till today. ( Morning & Evening both trips ).

I would like to know from Uber management that -
                              1) Can driven can cancel his trip with his own without customer consent ?
                              2) Has his not duty to inform the customer that he is not interested?

Your appointed driver has given me painful and mental stress during this period.

I am requesting you to ask him explanation about the incidence and dismiss him from his duty immediately, because such a unqualified drivers will spoiled your name of fast growing company in the market.
                              Complaint marked as Resolved Sep 7, 2016
                              Uber Rider Support, : Bhargav (Uber Rider Support), "Shiva (Uber Rider Support)", : consumercomplaints.in, "Dheeraj (Uber Support)", Rahul Raghuvanshi (Uber Support), 'Sajid (Uber Rider Support)' Reply received from above mentioned email id's that matter is under investigation. but not promptly mentioned that what action has been taken against Driver ?

[Aug 22, 2016] Uber India customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

Vinayak509143
                                Changing policies of fare in Uber has bought me and many other operators in debt of loans because of losses..when this company first shown up in Mumbai city it had a very good policy for operators and we used to earn satisfying prodir. I invest 23 lakhs inr in Uber attaching my cars innova and etios brand new..2 weeks ago I sadly had to sell them for 12 lakhs after 2 years of efforts trying to get a good roi...I had to incurr loss of 5 lakhs..this company should be either kicked out of our motherland or they should be passed a notice to see to it that it gives guarantee profit to its investors who invest lakhs of rupees..the owner of this company is of the richest man In this world on the cost thousands of other happiness..I request the government to take serious action against them being a common man and citizen of India

Trrao's response Aug 19, 2016
                                It is advised to recheck with your customer before charging such amounts. So far you have charged 3X60=180/- from me.
                                On 13-8-16; I have booked a cab from Lakshmi Cyber Tower, ORR Service road near BabUkhan Stadium to Mehandipatnam at 16.18 Hrs. Despite my repeated phone calls he did not respond and suddenly switched off his phone. On 17-8-16 evening drop bill they have charged Rs 60/- for no fault of mine. This is 3rd time it happend. Please refund this amount.

sarap75
                                  I had hired a urber cab no - maruti swift dzire on 19th aug 2016 @ 12:50am, from aurobindo marg to delhi cantt, total bill was rs.148, but he didn't have change so i had to pay him rs 52, extra, and in second case, yesterday i had hired a cab from delhi cantt to gurgaon country inn hotel udyog vihar, but during my drop again the cab th app was not working so he has charged me rs 20 extra, please pay my pending amount, or else i have to raised a complaint to higher management.

[Aug 20, 2016] Uber India customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

Sona danda
                                    I tried to book one cab yesterday from intl airport mumbai to go home at 830 pm. I did not get any confirmation message that the booking is confirmed. I waited and after sometime the driver called for pick up but i had already left as there was no message from your side. The driver made me speak to customer care and i was told to cancel the booking. But this was not right as i had not received any confirmed booking. Ensure that you do not charge me cancellation charges in my next trip as i am not at fault. Regards sona danda

anjoo mehta
                                      My fare amounted to 140 ..i had uber credit of 50 rupees in my account...which was deducted and i had to pay only 90 rupees...but the driver charged me 190 rupees..since my internet was not working and i was not updated...and the driver forcefully insisted to pay...so i had to pay 190..later when i checked ..the amout charged was only 90 rupees..please help

Driver charged extra money

[Aug 19, 2016] Uber India customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.