Western Digital Complaints & Reviews

2.1
Last updated May 19, 2022

File a complaint to Western Digital

Having problems with Western Digital?

File a complaint and get it resolved by Western Digital customer care. It’s quick effective and absolutely free!

Western Digital

Toll free
1800-200 5789

Western Digital reviews & complaints page 6

Western Digital — Hard disk wd passport ultra is not able to read on any PC

I bought my wd passport ultra hard disk one month back...
Data was successfully transferred to it...
Approximately data was of 600GB... It accessed well until one day when it suddenly stopped reading on my PC.
After trying it on different PCs, I realised that it is not working.
It worked properly for 5 days, then it stopped reading on any of the PCs.
It is under warranty period to get it replaced....

I have bought a faulty cavier blue wd hdd...

[protected]@gmail.com

8/4/2016

I need a replacement of the hdd as soon as possible..

I tried to install the hhd but it was not working, tried in other pc as well...but its not detecting in bios...

Hi i have purchased western digital wireless hard disk 2 weeks back. It was not powering on.
    So i send it to western digital for rma. After 10 days i got call from their excecutive, that hard disk is water damage and will not cover under warranty.
    I never taken hard disk out of my house so how it got water damage.
    Wd executive giving faulse resons for not giving replacement
    My rma no is 86647156
    Please look into the matter.

Sameer patil
    Hi Sameer Sudhakar Patil

Thank you for choosing Western Digital and addressing your concern to us. I sincerely regret the inconvenience caused to you. I have escalated your case and responsible personnel will contact you on priority basis. Thanks!

You can also contact our support team. Our support team will be glad to help you out. The following link contains details of India support team:-

You can continue to post further questions.
    Hi Sameer Sudhakar Patil,

I am sorry it”is being a delay at our end. Your case is in the process and escalated to the concerned team. Once I will get any further information, I will respond immediately.

In the mean time, you can also contact our support team. Our support team will be glad to help you out. The following link contains details of India support team:-

Hope it helps.

When i m inserting it is nt reading in any laptop .
      MY PASSPORT ULTRA
      S/N - WX51A24U7221
      R/N - D88
      DCM- DDAGFAA
      P/N - WDBZFP0010BBK-05
      MODEL- WDBZFP0010BBK-BESN
      it has 2 year warranty left pls l
      My WD my passport hard drive not work properly there is some problem when we copying the file my data removed automatically. my hard drive ejected again & again, please resolve this issues as soon as possible.
      Sir my 4 tb usb hdd hard drive sr no-WCC4E5CD6NLL and RMA NO[protected] was deposit drop box in varanasi up on dated 05/08/2016 last 3 or 4 times iwas taking your customer care unit but steel i am wating my 4 tb usb hdd please check what is acctual possition please do it something

Sub - western digital case[protected].

Wd is not giving warranty of above case as they are saying that without bill they wont be able to provide warranty of product without bill.

I lost the bill but my product is under warranty. I have sent them images of wd hard disk with manufacturing date as well of dec 2014. The warranty period is for 3 years.

My product is under warranty please tell them to give me warranty of this product.

Raghav sahni

Gsm: +91 11 [protected]
        Hi raghav2016,

I am sorry for the bad experience you had with WD. I'd like to know if you have registered the WD drive on the website when you purchased? If you have registered the drive at the time of purchase there shouldn't be any issue to replace it.

Do you still remember from where you bought the drive? Is it from the local computer shop or online shopping website. You might approach them to get the bill if possible.

I hope it helps. Keep me posted.

I purchased it from Computer Shop. I went to his shop but he said i dont have previous bills. I have registered my hard disk with WD but warranty is showing expired there. I exchanged mails with them and spoke to them over the phone but got only 1 answer that without bill we wont be able to provide you warranty. I have sent them pictures of the hard disk. I purchased it in Mar'2015 and the date on hard disk is Dec'2014. The warranty of the product is 3 Years. So why they are not providing a warranty. Its there product if someone lost his bill so they will not provide the warranty is it correct??.

Would request you to please tell them to provide warranty and replace the drive as its under warranty.

Serial No of Hard Disk is - WCC2EX256225

Raghav Sahni
        Hi Raghav Sahni,
        I have checked with the serial number you have provided. The warranty has already expired in the system on 05/11/2015. So if you are saying that you purchased it only two year before, you must come up with the bill. If you can not produce the bill there is nothing much we can do for you.

By the way if you don't mind sharing, what is the issue you are facing with the drive?
        Try to run the WD"s DLG software to check on the health of the HDD.
        I posting the link below:

Do let me know about it.

My name is hitesh i had purchased western digital hard disk from your panchkula dealer. Still the hard disk is in guarantee hard disk doesnot works properly when we contacted the person from whom we purchased the hard disk he said you have to enroll the complaint to the customer care. When we called your customer care they said you replaced your hard drive from the dealer you have purchased. This is the way we are harassing from your company....
          Hello sir, my uncle bought this hard disk from dubai it was working very nice with usb 3.0 i live in india, i used to connect to connect my laptop amd LED tv too, after one year it stopped working in laptop, but it is working correctly with LED tv, when i connected to my laptop the light is blinking and it is detected in my laptop ie:my passport 0748 but i am not getting any files actually it is not in my computer aplication so pleace identify...

Few months back my hard disk got corrupted
          and I accepted the return policy as my hard disk was within warranty
          they informed me that some guys will pick the hard disk
          but till now no one came but 2-3 times people called and used to ask if anyone came or not, I told them but still no action was taken
          please look into the matter and call me as soon as possible

Dennis Mathew
          Aug 5, 2021
          Hi Dennis Mathew

I am sorry about that and I really want help you on this matter.

Can you please provide me the all details of your RMA case.

Example: RMA number, Email, Phone no. and etc.

I’ll try to escalate to the service operations team via my manager and a real big thanks for your trust in us.

Looking forward for your reply.

Western Digital has some of the most inexperienced customer service staff. Replacement warranty is to replace your defective product with another defective product from their warehouse. In my particular case, my western Digital passport (External Hard Drive). After it malfunctioning, I found my warranty still active receiving {RMA} for replacement, it malfunctioned shortly after. After returning for another replacement I found myself repeating the proceedings once again after two failed replacements.
            Hi boogrd,

I sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused to you.

However I’d ike to know more about the issue. May I know what is the defect there in the drive when you revived it after RMA. Is it not getting detected? are you unable to use it?
            Have you tried to connect the drive to another system?

Western Digital — hdd to be replaced

I have external hdd of 500gb which has stopped working and i got it checked from computer shop also. Its in guarantee and i want to get it replaced. How can i do that

I bought a WD element 1tb portable hard disk 4 months back. now suddenly it not detecting on any of my mac devices. but detected on windows. how to fix it with out any data loss.
              Hi ஹரிவு,

I am glad to help you out. I’d like to check with you what is the file format that you are using on the drive now?
              Most of the times hard drives are formatted in NTFS format which is only compatible with Windows not with MAC.

I guess it could be the reason in your case if you can access it on Windows and unable to access the same drive on a MAC.
              I’d suggest you to back up all the data and format your hard drive in exFAT or FAT32 format. FAT32 has several limitations, including a 4 GB per-file limit. So I will recommend the exFaT.

Note:Make sure to back up all the important file before making any changes to the hard drive.

I am posting a link below for instructions to format the drive in exFAT:

Hope this helps and feel free to ask any questions you may have.

My 1 tb hdd creating problem while format it. Some times it reaches copying files stage but can't go ahead from 44 - 45% and sometimes it can't start booting by any media. But other hdd format easily.
                Please solve the problem as soon as possible.

Detail : -
                WD SATA HDD 1 TB
                s/n : - WCC3F6DNHET6
                mdl : - WD10EZEX-75M2NA0
                Hi AMDC,

I am sorry to hear that you are facing this issue with the WD drive. I’d like to check with you,

How you are trying to format the drive?
                Are you using any software to format the drive?
                Have you tried to write zeroes on the device with the WD Data Lifeguard diagnostics?
                Is there any error message?

It is recommended to low-level format the hard drive to resolve any partition corruption issues that may be present.

I am posting the link below with the instructions:

In the mean time I’d suggest you to visit the link below. It contains the detailed description of the issue you are facing.

If the information hasn't solved your question, you can continue to post further questions.
                Please look upon my problem as soon as possible

Western Digital — Difference between wd green and simple wd 500gb hdd

I want to buy a new external hdd for my home use. Please tell me what is the basic diff between wd green model and simple wd hdd?

wd — My Passport External HD - USB port failure

I have a WD my passport USB 3 external HD. the USB port came off the motherboard, yes literally came off! How do I recover the data inside please? without taking it to a data recover center which will cost a huge amount of money?

Western Digital — hdd not recognized on pc

My wd passport has stopped showing up in computer. Whenever i connect it to pc, it gives a message, " device unrecognized". When i connect it to pc, it spins as i can hear the spinning sound. Why its not getting recognized??

Western Digital — hdd about to die

My external hdd is making sounds like clicking of a mouse. i have heard that it starts coming when hdd is about to die. Is it true that my hdd is about to die??

password protection

Hello everybody..I have wd passport 500gb . How can i make it password protected so that no body can open it without the password.

hard disc repair

1 TB my passport External hard disc not opening, data may be recovered.

I have already complained regarding replacement of wd external hard disk (ultra my passport) rma no[protected] on dated 28 dec 2015 and wd costumer care provide me pickup date on date 29 dec 2015 from 1500 hrs to 2000 hrs. The pickup boy of courier till date not pick-up the above item. So please look the above matter.
                  Hi Sudam majhi,

Thank you for choosing Western Digital and addressing your concern to us. I am sincerely regret the inconvenience caused to you. I have escalated your case and responsible personnel will contact you on priority basis. Thanks!

I work for Western Digital.If the information hasn’t solve your question, you can continue to post further questions.

I bought a western digital hard disk... it was defective... i contacted the company and they said there are no service centres.. they will pickup the hard disk...by sending a courier ... montha have passed...they never send a person to pick up...or they donot give other options... they said "create another complaint" i created new one... thier website also doesnt work properly to create a complaint this is the email conversatiion...

I got a external hard disk from snapdeal which western digital, during january 2013 and now during September 2015 it has crashed and i lost my valuable data and i aapruached to the company but they are not reponding properly, since ut has complete 3 years wirrenty so they sold sholud accept wirrenty clam and also recover my important and valuable data.
                    Hi manasmithun,
                    I am sorry to hear about your case, however I’d try to help you in the best possible way.
                    1. I’d like to check with you, did you register the hard drive on the WD website when you purchded?
                    You can check the warranty of the hard drive on our website by the serial number. I’d post the link below:
                    2. How sure you are that the drive has crashed? Did you check the drive after connecting to another PC?
                    3.Try to connect the drive using another USB cable sometimes the cable can go bad.
                    4. Also check if the drive is getting enough power to spin up, are you able to see any power light on the drive after connecting.
                    5. WD is not responsible for any data lost as we don’t cover that in our warranty.
                    You can send the drive for RMA if it’s under warranty. But before sending the drive for RMA try the basic troubleshooting steps to see if it’s the hard drive failure.
                    For RMA you can refer to the link below:
                    Hope it helps.
                    I checked with different cable and also in another pc, but it is not reading the data ...and also it is under warranty ...plz tell me the address where i have to send.
                    Hi manasmithun,

I am sorry to hear about it, for RMA you can refer to the link below:

Visit the link and key in your details once you are done with that, you will get a notification message from WD.

One more thing just to inform you that you are not required to send it anywhere. Once, you will initiate the RMA from the link given above, WD will send it's courier service to pick it up from you.

Hope it helps.

Hello, I have a 2Tb WD My Book external hard drive that stopped working after a file transfer to an internal HD was suddenly stopped. No PC was able to recognise it after the problem, so I took the hard drive out of the case and tried to install it on my machine, but despite appearing on the BIOS, it does not show the size and the machine does not start anymore. Would anyone please be able to help? Thank you!
                      Hi chintu s,
                      Sorry to hear about that, by opening the WD My Book external hard drive case, you have already voided the warranty.
                      When installation of a hard disk results in a system crash. It is normally a sign of failed drive electronics. Now If you can swap the circuit board from an identical (and I do mean absolute identical model) drive you may be able to salvage the data.

Good Luck

as i have wd hard dusk of 1 tb which i purchased a month or 2 ago has not been working and i tried to contact the customer care but there want any reply... also the contacted me 6 days ago and assured me replacement and told me to get my hard disk ready for home pickup... it has been 6 days and no one has been here to get the hard disk and now they are not even responding to the emails and calls at cuatomer care TIME IS MONEY and i feel that i lost a lot.. RMA NO 86100037 CONTACT NO [protected] hoping the matter will be resolved quickly
                        Hi Nitin Sodera,

First of all I am sorry for responding late on this post, may I know that the hard drive is being delivered to you or still it's under process? May I know which are the numbers you are calling and not getting a response? Waiting for your reply.

Lincon_WD.

Hard disc not working
                          Hard disc serial no. Wx41c42r5282, model no. Wdbacx0010bbk - besn 1tb (My passport essential se) not working whose expiry date of warranty is 7 / 6 / 2015. Status showing in limited warranty. Please tell me that it can be repaired or replaced....

Required HDD Replacement Sir The Hard Disk Drive in my computer is not working properly and it is a Western Digital Hard Disk Drive. Which was within Warranty, and which was bought on july, 2008. When I start my system its only given the message hard drive error and hard drive not working. When I contact Western Digital The Contact Toll Free number was Always said Busy.I hpoe my problem can be solve the frequently..send the answer by mail .My Email ID [protected]@rediffmail.com or My contact no. [protected] and My name is Nikhilesh Yadav.I face lots of problem please Help me. In this regard Sir, My S/N:- WXH1E61EXEM3
                          Hi Nikhilesh Yadav,

Based on your post, I'd like to know more about the hard drive. May I know since when you are facing the issue?

I'd suggest you to run the Data Lifeguard Diagnostics to test the drive.

After running this, if you find any issue with the drive try to contact the WD on[protected],
                          [protected] from 9 am to 6 pm.

Try this and do let me know about the results.

hard drive

this Hard Drive is not working. WD 500GB Black.

How to retrieve files from Western Digital my passport for mac

How do I retrieve/examine files from the Western Digital my passport I am using for mac? I have done some research and they say it may have to be formatted. How do i determine if this external storage has been formatted or not?

Western Digital — Replacement of external hard drive

yesterday my passport ultra 2TB external hard drive stopped working. it was hardly 11 days since i receive it from amazon. yesterday when i attached it to my macbook pro it only showed the white light in the hard drive but read hee nahi ho rah thi laptop main. i want it replaced asap. i talked to both amazon and wd regarding this problem for 30 mins and finally amazon said WD should provide you with DOA letter then only they will be able...
                            Hi..My name is sharanjeet kaur and i am facing problems with my external hdd. I checked it with DLG and its showing bad sectors. Now this hdd i had bought from a vendor in my hometown and now i am living in another city. I want to get it replaced as its in warranty but i can not go to the same vendor to get it replaced. Can anybody tell me where can i send this hdd directly for replacement. My current city is Mumbai...