Air India

Thu 12:00 am - 12:00 am
Fri 12:00 am - 12:00 am
Sat 12:00 am - 12:00 am
Sun 12:00 am - 12:00 am

Air India related photos (785)

Air India Complaints & Reviews

Manjari Pathak
I travelled Air India on 2nd Oct 2008. My flight was scheduled at 8 in the morning.A night before i received a call stating my flight has been rescheduled to 9 o'clock.My flight was from Mumbai to Ranchi.I stay at Pune. I left from Pune at 3 in the morning.While on my way to Mumbai Call centre guys called up and said my flight was at 12 from Delhi.This irritated me.I called back and they said my flight has already taken off from Mumbai.This gave me tremendous stress.On reaching airport I got to know my flight was merged with another flight going to Delhi.There was lot of crowd and ground staff was rude and unruly.I got my boarding pass at 11th hour. We were told that same aircraft will go to Ranchi.Anyway on reaching delhi at 11.30 we were informed that we have to change aircraft which leaves for ranchi at 12.30.We were told our luggage will be automatically transfered. We rushed from arrival to departure section of delhi airport which is a huge one.We had to undergo security check again. No one was there to help or guide us.We were able to reach departure section only at 12.10.We had to change our tickets again which consumed another 10 minutes.We were left to ourselves for security check with no idea whether aircraft will wait for us or not. We were running towards exit at 12.45.Then finally we got into plane which left at 1.30. W reached ranchi at 2.45.On reaching there I found my luggage missing.I got to know it was still at Delhi airport.They sent it in next flight which reached Ranchi at 6 and we had to wait for 3 hours at airport to wait for the luggage.It caused me immense stress.
I am a resident to Delhi and requested a booking through Air India (ecommerce) from Delhi to New York and New York to Delhi.
Why I am forced to Fly from New York (JFK) to Delhi (IGIA) then go to Mumbai first and again come back to Delhi to get deboarded??

Details:-

1. On 7 May 2011, I have purchased Air India E Ticket No 098-[protected] ( PNR No. Y1HNK, Web Reference AIBE619849) for following Journies:-

(a) From Delhi to New York (JFK) - 9 July 2011
(b) From New York(JFK) to Delhi - 23 July 2011.

2. I was horrified to recieve my E Ticket in which my return journey on 23 July was scheduled first from New York (JFK) to Mumbai and then from Mumbai to Delhi through Flight AI 102 and AI 623 respectively. I am a resident to Delhi and requested booking from Delhi to New York and New York to Delhi and why I must go to Mumbai first and then to Delhi. Interestingly AI 102 flight from JFK first lands to Delhi and then goes to Mumbai.

3. I spoke several times to Air India Helpline and visited Air India City Office twice but without any positive results. I also mailed to [protected]@airindia.in requesting them to take corrective action followed by two reminders but they have not responded at all

My complaints to Air India which remain unanswered even after two reminders:-

Flag this messageFw: Re: Fw: ERRONEOUS BOOKINGThursday, May 12, 2011 2:31 PM
From: "Satish Kumar Mehta" <[protected]@yahoo.com>Add sender to ContactsTo: call.[protected]@airindia.in

COMPLAIN AGAINST INACTION BY ECOMMERCE DEPT OF AIR INDIA

1. Please refer to PNR No. Y1HNK, Web Reference - AIBE619849 and the trailing e-mails given below.

2. On 7 May 2011, I had purchased an E Ticket No.[protected] on line by paying through credit card for the following Journey :-

Onward Journey from Delhi to New York (JFK) on 09 July 2011.
Return Journey from New York (JFK) to Delhi on 23 July 2011.

3. I was quiet surprised to Note that instead of booking me from New York to Delhi directly, I was first booked from New York to Mumbai (AI 102) and then from Mumbai to Delhi (AI 699).

4. I immediately contacted the Air India Helpline on phone who though confirmed that AI 102 first lands to Delhi and then to Mumbai, however expressed their inability to help and suggested me to contact AI City Office. The same evening I contacted City Office who in turn advised me to write mail to ecommerce.

5. Same day I wrote to ecommerce department requesting them to initiate necessary corrective action to book me directly from New York (JFK) to Delhi instead of New York - Mumbai and Mumbai - Delhi.

6. It is evident from the trailing mails that despite three reminders, your ecommerce department has Not responded at all till date and my mails remain unanswered. I am therefore constrained to complain against the ecommerce department firstly for the wrong booking and then not taking any corrective action despite my repeated reminders.

7. You are requested to please take necessary action in the matter and inform me about the action taken.

Thanking you,

--- On Wed, 5/11/11, Satish Kumar Mehta <[protected]@yahoo.com> wrote:

Subject: Fw: Re: Fw: ERRONEOUS BOOKING
Date: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 11:28 AM

REMINDER II

I t is very disappointing to Note that you are Not responding at all to my concerns. If I am knocking the wrong door, please let me know and direct me to the correct person.

Col Mehta

Your response to my trailing mails is still awaited. I even visited your City Office at Safderjung Airport, New Delhi who have expressed their inability to help and suggested to write to [protected]@airindia, in instead. Even I spoke to Air India phone helpline suggested to contact you

It is Very disappointing note tat the repeated mails to you requesting to address my concerns regarding erroneous booking and correcting the name are invoking No Response. In absense of any response I really don't know as to whom should I approach next.

Looking Forwared to an early resolution of the Issues.

--- On Tue, 5/10/11, Satish Kumar Mehta <[protected]@yahoo.com> wrote:

Subject: Re: Fw: ERRONEOUS BOOKING
Date: Tuesday, May 10, 2011, 2:50 PM

Your response to the trailing mails is still awaited. Kindly expedite.

--- On Mon, 5/9/11, Satish Kumar Mehta <[protected]@yahoo.com> wrote:

Subject: Fw: ERRONEOUS BOOKING
Date: Monday, May 9, 2011, 12:32 PM

1. Further to the trailing mail given below, Booking Reference No. (PNR) - Y1HNK and Web Reference - AIBE619849 .

2. Please Note that while my correct Name as per Passport is Satish Kumar Mehta, whereas the passanger details of your e-ticket reflect my Name as Satish Mehta (i.e. Middle Name is missing). This may create some problem for me at the airport especially in US.

You are therefore requested to please ammend my name in your fresh e-ticket from Satish Mehta to Satish Kumar Mehta.

Kindly acknowledge.

Thanking you in anticipation.

--- On Sat, 5/7/11, Satish Kumar Mehta <[protected]@yahoo.com> wrote:

Subject: ERRONEOUS BOOKING
Date: Saturday, May 7, 2011, 7:16 PM

Dear Ecommerce Head,

1. Please refer to the following :-

(a) Booking Reference No. (PNR) - Y1HNK

(b) Web Reference - AIBE619849

2. Today I made the undermentioned bookings online by direct flights and paid a sum of Rs.61525.00 through my Credit Card :-

(a) Onward Journey From Delhi (DEL) to New York (JFK) on 09 July 2011 (AI 101).

(b) Return Journey From New York (JFK) on 23 July 2011 (AI 102).

3. On taking out print out I was terribly surprised to note that You have issued a ticket from New York (JFK) to Mumbai by Flight AI 102 and then from Mumbai to Delhi by Flight AI 623. I immediately called the Air India Helpline to explain that I am hypertensive and had booked for direct Flight from New York to Delhi and never wanted to travel via Mumbai. They advised me to contact the Air India Citi Office for necessary rectification.

4. On contacting Air India City Office, they expressed their inability to help and advised me to approach ecommerce department insted for the needful. However they also told me tha AI 102 was a direct flight from New York to Delhi but I will have to first go to Mumbai and then take AI Flight AI 623 because my luggage will be booked accordingly.

5. It is therefore Not Understood as to why I am being sent to Mumbai when I requested for a direct flight from New York to Delhi. There appears to be some error that may please be corrected at your end. You are requested to make necessary changes and issue me a fresh ticket after rectifying the mistake.

7. You are also requested to please refund the excess fare charged from me for the extra journey from Delhi to Mumbai and back to Delhi. The matter may please be treated as urgent since I am unable to withstand the extra stress of changing the flights being hypertensive,

Col S K Mehta

Sheikh Jamil Ahmad — Flight Delay [Resolved]

Rinku Parekh

I have booked ticket from Kochi to Mumbai on 06 Nov,2009 for the travel on 01 Jan,2010 from Ezeego.com...

Air India / LTC-80 Fare — LTC -8- fare clarification complaint [Resolved]

RahmathullaVK
    Iam a central Govt emloyee and I availed LTC to North east India( as per LTC -80 scheme) After tour I submitted...

Abhishek Chakrabarti
    Air India...the more you think about it...the more you hate it ! What else can I say ? I am a student in the University of Kansas. I was coming back to India for the Christmas break after a wonderful first semester...and little did I know that this "sweet" trip would unravel one of my worst nightmares....

I boarded AI 102 from NY and was on my way to Calcutta...I chose 17K as my seat number for this flight months ago...When I was handed my boarding pass...my preferred seat was changed to 9C...but that was not the end of the story...when I boarded the flight, I began to unwind...I took out a book to read, set my cabin luggage aside and started to listen to my i-Pod. However, my relaxation was short-lived as a couple arrived there to claim that 9C was allotted to one of them...after a confusion of 15 minutes or so, I was re-directed to a new seat 24 B...By that time, there were not any empty slots left near 24 B for me to put my cabin baggage...Moreover, since I am a tall and strongly built person, I always prefer side seats...To my utter displeasure, I was stuck in a middle seat for the next 14 hrs of my journey with my cabin luggage nowhere in my near sight...THANKS TO AIR INDIA...

Now, I had to change my aircraft at New Delhi before I were to arrive in Calcutta...so I did. After reaching Calcutta, I found out that one of my checked-in baggages were missing...I had to stand in a queue for more than 1.5 hrs...just to register the complaint...

The luggage arrived 2 days later and my uncle collected it on behalf of me...Within the next 30 hrs, I had the baggage in front of me...To my horror, the baggage was unlocked...I USED THE SAMSONITE TSE LOCK ....AND THERE WAS THE TSE TAG ON MY BAGGAGE when I boarded the Delta flight ....

When I got the baggage,the status of the baggage was indicated as : UNLOCKED ! It was disgusting.... But, it was even more disgusting to know the surprise I had in the store for me when I opened my baggage...

I had a Seagate External Hard Disk in this baggage...I realized that it was no more...This hard disk contained various financial, academic and personal data of mine...I work as a student researcher in KU...and the bulk of the data of my research work was on this hard disk...The photocopies of my passport and visa were also there on the hard disk...then, there were some personal pictures of me and my family...Can I sleep in peace anymore ?? If these data fall into some wrong hands...I don't really know what would happen to me...If someone misuses my passport information...if someone tries to tamper with my financial information....I don't know what is going to happen !

However, the sad part is...I can not decide if I was wrong in keeping that hard disk in the checked-in baggage thinking that it was secured by the TSE lock...or if I was wrong to afford the services of Air India to travel to India...Maybe, I over-estimated the honesty, courtesy and customer friendliness that Air India vows to abide by !

Air India...you suck ! It is high time, that this worthless company ( I wonder if its fit enough to be called as a company anymore) should banish itself...What are you going to do next, AI ??...Pay me some hundred rupees for my loss , huh ? Do you think that the info. that I have lost can be replenished with money ? What if some terrorist misuse my info. to organize another 26/11 ? I ASK : WHERE IS YOUR PLEDGE TO SECURITY ? IT HAS HAPPENED SO MANY TIMES....BUT WHAT DO YOU DO ?? Just throw out money on our face with a pathetic voice of apology !

Right now, I should be celebrating the conclusion of my first semester at KU with my family ! But, look...I am here, writing this piece of junk against a bigger junk : Air India...I don't know anything for sure now...but all I know is that I would never board an Air India flight again in the future... I have learnt my lesson...but, I guess, Air India has not !

Baggage Number : DL242878
    Flight Number :AI102

Abhishek
    By the way, I boarded AI 102 on 21st Dec 2009 at 4:00 as per the local New York time. And, plz. ignore any grammatical mistakes...because I can barely think about anything else other than my misfortune at the hands of the worthless AI !

- Abhishek
    ...and I boarded the Delta Airlines from MCI Airport in Kansas...

- Abhishek
    it will never... its a airline with crew.
    I came from NY to Kolkata on 16th Dec, 2009 by AI 102. My cabin bag was taken by some Air India staff while I was at the door of the air craft in NY (JFK).It was told that my bag will be sent along with the checkin luggages. When I told that my bag was not locked, they assured me that they would lock it for me and no need to worry at all. I trusted them blindly. When I opened that bag at home, I found my new Canon Vixia HF200 camcorder was missing along with two flash memory cards. I bought the camcorder for my wedding, so you can understand my situation.
    When I called the Air India customer service and explained the incident, the lady on the other side screamed with annoy and asked my why I called Mumbai office, they are not responsible for it. However she was kind enough to give me a Kolkata number. Someone picked the call at the Kolkata number after a full day try. They listened to the incident coolly (it seems it was nothing unusual in Air India) and gave me a file number. They never contacted me again (they promised me so). Think before you decide to fly with Air India again.
    Hi, I stumbled on your post as I had similar experience of hard drive being stolen though nothing to do with air india. I am concerned about potential misuse of my personal information stored in the hard drive.

BHUPENDRA KUMAR SRIVASTAVA
      Please refer to my complaint vide file no. DELAI27869/19DEC09/1845GMT. I alongwith my wife and daughter came by AI 120 FLIGHT from (Brussels by Brussels Airlines) via Frankfurt by AI 120 on 19th Dec09. I did not recieve my three checked in baggages. Despite filing the complaint at Airport, I have not received any response from you. Even after calling your office I was told that the Frankfurt office did not send any reply about the status. of my baggages. I have come on home leave for 3 weeks only. I have to go to my home town i.e. Lucknow, but I have been stuck here in Delhi for last two days without any information. First I have to travel to Kanpur where I will stay there for 5 days and I have booked my Rail ticket also for 22nd Dec 09. Now we don't have any clothing with us and all necessary items there in checked in baggage only. I had have to buy almost everything for daily use. And my stay is also causing too much financial loss. In any case I have to move to Kanpur on 22nd Dec 09 and my address there will be 447/5, SHASTRI NAGAR, KANPUR-05 (PH. [protected]).
      I will fly back to Brussels on 10th January 2010 for which I have already my confirmed tickets. I am sending you the scanned copy of the tickets.
      It is therefore requested that first we should be compensated with the delayed delivery of baggage leading to my halt at Delhi. Please ensure to deliver the baggage at my Kanpur address given above till 27th Dec 09 and after that at my Lucknow addres which is mentioned in the complaint form vide no. 27869. I want the compensation by tomorrow for the unnecessary torture we are suffering.
      Hope to receive response quickly. My email id is bk.[protected]@yahoo.com

B.K.Srivastava
      I have same experience and still awaiting any response. It is dead end there and you can not contact any one for update. In future I will make sure that I will not give them such opportunity by avoiding travelling with Air India.

Sandipan Guha
        I made an internet E-TICKET in Air India website bearing PNR number JFT5J from Delhi to Mumbai. When I approached the check -in desk the airline staff indicated that my PNR is cancelled and issued to kolkata. I was surprised and rather showed them my booking detials. Still I could not fly to Mumbai.

I want a compensation towards this as the Air line never approached me to help me out even after sweetly charging me for the ticket. I want a suitable compensation for the loss of business and time and also the harrassment.

AirIndia — regarding wrong ticket

i have been try to call airindia several time but they just put me on hold for 20 min and no response and reson for calling is that they issued my parents wrong ticket and even it was open tickets they were sayning it been used , who it was used while they are here.i wanted to reach them but i donot know how?

air india ticket — wrong e mail address

booked a ticket by ic-822 for 09 nov 2009 with PNR number X5VHRH and yatra reference number CJK8RC. BY MISTAKE WRONG E MAIL ADDRESS AS [protected]@gmail.com . but my correct e mail address is [protected]@gmail.com. please send my ticket to correct e mail address. thanks
        i have a wrong PNR number as X5VHRZ . YATRA REFERENCE number is CJK8RC . request give me correct PNR number

Sheikh Jamil Ahmad — Valuables stolen from Checked in baggage [Resolved]

Samuel AP Prabakar Joseph
          I travelled from Phoenix to Chennai with my wife in Air India AI126 on Dec 5th. I checked in 5 baggages at the Phoenix Sky...

Srikanth Rao Panyam Vuppu

3 Tickets were booked to buy Air India Tickets on 02nd Dec 09 using my Credit Card number [protected] with Exp date 03/12 Fraudulantly.

Below are the details

[protected]DEC[protected]DEC-09 AIR INDIA 4,655.00
          [protected]DEC[protected]DEC-09 AIR INDIA 4,655.00
          [protected]DEC[protected]DEC-09 AIR INDIA 5,580.00

I learnt of these fraudulant use when I received alerts on my mobile phone from My Bank (Andhra Bank). Post this, I made several attempts in vain to contact Air India over the phone to report of this misuse. I dialed on the Air India customer care numbers collected from Just Dial[protected]. However, I was unable to contact anyone at Air India as none of the calls were answered.
          I have reported of the misuse with my Bank & got my card hot listed. I have also raised an FIR with the police to nab the fraudster. I request you to kindly look into this matter and help me in disputing these transactions that have been made using my credit card details.

Do let me know if you require any other information that might help you in your investigation in nabbing the fraudster.

Hope Air Lines would adopt better checks to avoid misuse.

Thanks & regards
          Srikanth Rao Panyam Vuppu

Sushree Subhadarshenee
            I booked packing and Moving of my House Hold goods from Kolkata to Cuttack via this Air India Movers and Packers operating at Kolkata (Mr Vikas Kumar, cell:[protected]) on 7th Dec 2009. While transfering I opted for 3% comprehensive insurance of my goods and an amount of INR 3870 was paid to him for the National Insurance policy which he was supposed to get it done that very day.But he ran away with the money without any insurance policy. On telling him that I would go for a police complaint, he switched off his cell phone avoiding any further contacts.

Vivek Gupta
              Having Issued Boarding passes for IC146 & IC605 -- Rajkot - Mumbai, Mumbai - Delhi on 14th Nov. 2009 to Four passenger as connecting flights. The flight IC146 landed at 21.05 but the IC staff wrongly informed us that the connecting flight IC605 to Delhi is already left and contact duty manager at the Airport.
              The IC605 for Delhi was not actually left at 21.00 hours, it left at least 40 minutes after the scheduled time.
              The IC staff could had easily transferred us to IC605, but reluctantly they pushed us into a mess just to avoid a little effort at their part.
              And then They connected us to Jet Konnect flight which finally left Mumbai at 12.20 in night giving a 3.20 hours nightmare at the Mumbai Airport.
              No Food being provided by the IC staff as there was no food available in the Jet Konnect Flight.
              My Driver had to wait at the Delhi Airport for at least 4 hours in the chilling night.
              It became a full fledged mess created solely by the IC staff
              I just could not understand if YOU cannot connect to the passengers to the connecting flights why YOU CALL THE FLIGHTS AS CONNECTING FLIGHTS AND WHY YOU ISSUE A CONNECTING BOARDING PASS.,..........
              THEY DO NOT HAVE ANY ANSWER TO THIS MESS AND TORTURE BEING FORCEFULLY GIVEN BY AIR INDIA.
              We want a strict action be taken against the staff involed creating this Mess in addtion to the compensation to the suffered passenger in the ways and means the Air India thinks fit.

Air India — ILL TREATMENT BY AIR INDIA STAFF

It became a full fledged mess created solely by the IC staff
              I had the same experience, may be there is no accountability and patriotism in the Air India staff, we need to look the reason...
              I am ashamed to say, Air India is the worst international Flight. Never ever travel with it, even if they are willing to give free service. I lost my luggage and it is delivered after a week, I lost worth of 33k Rs. from my baggage and I called almost every day. But they tried to tell me different stories, finally they told your name does not exist in the data base now. Even many of my freinds experienced the same problem.

Please its my kind request, If you need a safe and happy journey. then say no to Air India.

Sheikh Jamil Ahmad — Ticket Cancellation Refund [Resolved]

Komakula Sridher
                Hello Sir,

My name is Komakula Sridher. I had cancelled my ticket on 11/05/2009 and got notified to submit...

Sandeep R. Pillay
                My family of 4 (self, wife and my parents) decided to travel the Trivandrum-Mumbai sector on 28th October 2009 owing to it's convenient timing. As the aircraft was readying to taxi off, the Airhostess announced that the flight will land at Kochi. What was a non-stop 2 hour flight became an arduous 5 hour flight with horrendous service. All the lights in the cabin along with the airconditioning would switch off when the engines were being started. The In Flight Entertainment System was not functional, and consequently, the Attendant call switch was not functional. If the hardship faced during flight was not sufficient, the slamdown at Mumbai brought down one of the overhead service panels (picture attached).

The confusion did not end there, It took almost 15 minutes for doors to be opened. Bypassing immigration for domestic passengers took ages as there was only one person manning the counter (and no order). Baggage claim was no better with baggage being on different belts to what was shown on the display.

Had I been informed about the change of flight details before boarding, i would have claimed a refund and opted for another flight. Why Should I pay Air India for service not rendered?

AI 916 diverted without information to pick up passengers from another sector
                can u ask Mr praful patel or Air India CMD MR A JADHAV WHY AIR INDIA IS NOT RECRUITING STAFF WHICH THEY HAVE TAKEN PERSONAL Interview n medical is over on out off turn basis SINCE LAST DECEMBER 2008 BUT STILL NO ANSWER FM AI HRD a request 2 see in to d matter at the earliest u can get in touch
                SANJU [protected] CHINTAN [protected] to help us in this matter

Sharad Rai
                  PNR: Visakhaptanam – Chennai (IC 7601): RK6Z6H
                  PNR: Chennai – Abu Dhabi (IX 613): IX05385189
                  Name of passenger: Sharad Rai

I am writing this in the hope that customer care by Air India will be taken more seriously and that hapless passengers are not made a scapegoat, especially when the passenger is not responsible for the situation. Due to the callousness of the airline manager in Visakhapatnam and his false assurance, I went through a horrible experience during my recent return flight to Abu Dhabi. (Detail account below).

However, I would like to state that, when an airline sells its ticket to a passenger, then it should also take responsibility when it fails to fulfill its duty (Delays/Non-Operation etc) and not cause further harassment to the passenger. I am aware that Air India Express is the low budget Flight operating to the Middle East, but it is still a subsidiary of Air India and I found it strange that instead of trying to get me to my destination, the manager in Chennai had to point this out to me and offer options that were neither feasible nor realistic in my situation.

The delay and subsequent cancellation of the domestic flight was due to the airline not being in position to operate its flight, which resulted in me missing my connecting flight. (This was the third consecutive day where Air India was having a problem with their flight from Visakhapatnam to Chennai. On 15th the flight was cancelled, on 16th the flight took off at 1030hrs and after flying for 25 mins had to land back to Visakhapatnam due engine problem and again took off at 1630hrs). Hence, I expected them to help me out with my situation and not aggravate the problem further and mete such treatment for no fault of mine.

The mental trauma, the loss of time and sleep and the anguish that I faced cannot be compensated in any form or kind, but as a good gesture to your customer for the inconvenience faced, it will be highly appreciated, if you could at least compensate the cost for the transport from Dubai to Abu Dhabi.

DETAILED ACCOUNT

Return Flight booked as follows:

17.10.09: VTZ (Visakhapatnam) to MAA (Chennai) with IC 7601 departure 0830 hrs
                  Ticket No:[protected]Scanned copy attached)

17.10.09 MAA to AUH (Abu Dhabi) with XI 613 departure 1250 hrs
                  Ticket No: IX[protected]Scanned copy attached)

0700 hrs: After checking in for the flight to Chennai, we were informed that flight IC 7601 to Chennai was delayed and was rescheduled for departure at 0915 hrs.

0930 hrs: Boarding finally started and then while the aircraft was still in the runway, the pilot made an announcement that there was a snag in the engine and that all passengers have to disembark. At this point we were informed that the flight would be ready within half an hour. However, this did not happen.

1000 hrs: Passengers were informed (pacified) with the information that they would be put in another flight, which was arriving from Delhi at 1325 hrs.

Since my onward flight to Abu Dhabi from Chennai was at 1250 hrs and on hearing that the next flight departing VTZ was due at 1325 hrs, I immediately went and approached the Manager on duty and requested for assistance. I was assured by the Manager that an alternate arrangement would be made and that he would inform Air India in Chennai and noted my onward flight details. Before leaving Vizag, the Manager again told me that he has informed the Air India Manager in Chennai and that I should meet him after landing there. I requested him for a copy of the communication regarding the information passed to his colleague in Chennai, so that I could show them on arrival, but he told me that he had passed the message verbally(by telephone) and I need not worry.

1450 hrs: Landed in Chennai and I straight away went and approached the Air India Manager on Duty (Mrs. Preeti.), she told me that she had not received an information from Visakhapatnam and that I should go and meet the Air India Express Manager as it was an international flight that I had missed.

So I went and met the duty manager of Air India Express (Mr. Natarajan), who told me that he cannot do anything as the delay was due to domestic flight and I should approach them. I again approached Mrs. Preeti and asked for assistance, as I did not know, who else to approach. She called Mr. Natarajan, who told her that he cannot issue a ticket for another flight as the ticket which I had bought was of a low budget carrier and that I had two options, either wait for the next Air India Express flight which was on Tuesday or buy a new return ticket from Chennai to Abu Dhabi. Both options were not acceptable to me, as I had to join duty on 18th Oct and I did not have sufficient money to buy a new ticket and since I was stranded in a strange city, where I did not have any one to ask for assistance, I was not in position to accept either of the options. After this Mrs Preeti contacted some higher officials and also made some calls to various officers on duty etc, the Air India Express Manager finally agreed to accommodate me in the Indian Airline flight IC 905 to Dubai which was departing at 2000 hrs. Since I did not have any other option, I agreed to take this flight (Ticket attached).

2000 hrs: Boarded IC Flight to Dubai, which landed at 1045hrs (UAE time) and from there I had to take a Taxi to Abu Dhabi, which is about 2 hours drive. I reached my residence at 0100 hrs (local Time) and paid 295 Dirhams (approximately Rs.3900).
                  after giving all details i didnot get my e-ticket...how i will get my ticket.please do the needful arrangement

Mohamed Hassan
                    Last night (technically, this morning) I had to send a package by cargo to Hyderabad from Chennai. I went to Chennai's Air India Cargo Division with a couple of my friends at about 1.30am. First of all, I had trouble finding the cargo office inside the Airport premises as there are no sign boards of any sort. This is NOT the complaint. India being my 'motherland', I have gotten used to asking passers-by for directions and not rely on signboards and addresses. It took about half an hour to find the place, but that's OK. As I said, I have gotten used to this.

So I found the place at about 2am. There were people waiting outside the cargo office but I couldn't find a way in. Then I was told that the office is closed. I was obviously shocked because Air India Cargo is supposed to work 24/7 and also it was really important for me to send the package. I went the window and found people sleeping inside with the AC on. I started banging on the window to wake them up and a man in his early 40s opened the door. When I asked him why they aren't working, he actually said, "Don't we people need food and rest? Come after 4am. Don't disturb till then".

The people waiting outside were probably too kind to disturb the officers who were 'resting' or may be they have gotten 'used' to the idea. But I haven't and I don't want to. I don't know how this blog/ forum works, who checks these posts and takes action. I actually don't care about taking action because I know everyone will eventually get used to everything. But here is my piece of advice: When you're in a hurry to send a cargo late in the night, DO NOT GO TO AIR INDIA CARGO.

End of the story - I sent my package through Jet Cargo spending an extra 100 rupees, which means a lot to me.

They don
                    THE COMPLAINT ABOVE SAID IS TRUE. ALL AIR INDIA CARGO STAFF HAVE NO RESPONSIBILITIES.
                    THE CARGO SENT ARE ALSO NOT ARRIVING AT EXACT TIME. ONCE A CARGO SENT FROM MUMBAI ARRIVED BY 2.00PM WHICH WAS SUPPOSE TO ARRIVE BY 8.00PM THE BEFORE DAY.THE IMPORTANCE OF THE WENT VAIN FOR ME.I FOUND NO WAY TO COMPLAIN.

Guriqbal Singh

I have been victim of very very poor service delivered by Air India. after everything happened i had informed to Airindia and did complaint to Air india General manager Mr. Sanjeev Kumar.

after a month later (when i submitted the compaint), i recieved a apology letter from air india official and they closed the matter themself. however i was never satisfied with their reply and sent another email to get my money back which Air india has robbed from me through their foul mean. I kept on sending emails but Air India is in a sound sleep. they really didnt bother about responding the email and pacify a claimant. however this kind of poor service cannot be accepted and i therefore request your organisation to get hold of Air india as one side they have made the terrible mistake which turned into nightmare for me on top of that dont even bothered to answer my emails.

Below, I have given all the detail and complaint which I forwarded to Air india to sort out but unfortunately it seems that Air india doesn't want to sort this out unless external pressure. if you organisation required any other information from myself please do not hesitate to contact me thorugh email which i have provided on your system.

Shri Sanjeev Kumar
                      General Manager (TS)
                      Air India

Subject: Poor organisation that has caused hassle to a customer

I am writing to you in connection with my recent flight (UK to India) on Air India. I regret to tell you that I have never seen such a bad organisation like Air India. I took a return ticket (“Heathrow – Amritsar”, “Amritsar – Delhi – Heathrow” e-ticket ref. J8HW5). I bought this return ticket from Air India website. Below, I have explained the hassle that your Air line (Air India) has caused me:

I was told that it is a return ticket for Heathrow-London/ Amritsar and on my return the flight will come via Delhi. On 26th Apr’09 when I went to Amritsar airport to get my flight, Air India personal told me a different story that up to Delhi I have to travel as a domestic passenger and I have to again go through the security check, check-in everything. And this was very first time I have ever seen such a poor service like this. I was expecting a comfortable journey on my return, however it turned out into a nightmare for me.

After having 7 hour stay at Delhi airport (hanging around, killing the time) when I went for re-check at Air India counter, the officials at the counter demanded for extra money (Airport Tax). I asked the reason for extra fee, as I got the on-line ticket and paid for it well in advance (any extra amount that I was supposed to pay should have been deducted while I was booking the ticket online), there seems no reason for me to pay an extra amount. The gentleman replied in “typical Indian tone” that “it was a responsibility of your travel agent to get proper fair including all taxes and Air India can not do anything in this and you have to pay extra money”. No doubt the gentleman (Airline Supervisor/organiser on behalf of Air India Airline) was dim-witted as I had explained to him that I purchased the ticket through Air India website rather than through travel agent (showed him E-ticket), and I had not been contacted by Air India for extra payment. On top of that, it is the responsibility of Air India to inform me if this is the case (where I have to pay extra @ airport while taking my return flight although this would still be illogical from the Airline perspective as I had a return ticket). I had no prior information that I have to pay extra money like this (no emails, phone call was made to make me aware about such situation). It took 45 more minutes for me to apprise Air India Airline supervisor @ Airport that I was not aware of this and also I didn’t had any money in my pocket to pay the extra fee and requested to help me. The supervisor reply was still the same that “we cannot do anything and you have to pay or you miss the flight, and asked me to arrange from somewhere”. As I have no money into my pocket but I had my debit card with me and I was ready to pay by my debit card but in 21st century when world is looking to go beyond *Moon and Mars* Air India Airline still not have facility to accept debit or credit card but just Cash. Because it was a card from United Kingdom bank and for security reasons I was only able to pay by my card as I can’t withdraw any money outside United Kingdom.
                      In the meantime while when I was requesting @ the counter and trying to sort out my problem, an another passenger came out of line and abused me because it took 5-6 minutes @ check in counter (how disgusting was it , yes it was). He had no right to speak to me like this as he should tell his problem to airline if there was any, but still all this happened because of poor management of Air India Airline.

When Air India Airline didn’t show anything which is known as a customer service I have to be a beggar and borrowed money from another kind passenger who was coming to London Heathrow on the same flight.

It is neither written anywhere nor have I informed by airline to pay extra @ the time of check in. Then why Air India demanded more money and put me in trouble.

Finally, when I managed to arrange money and went to Air India office to pay money (unnecessary requested money), the official was having his “Tea and Pakora” and whispering that public is not letting him eat his “Pakora”. 1st he was having food @ the time of his duty and secondly he was whispering. If he was on break then why he was still having the charge and if he wasn’t on break how come he was having “Tea and Pakora” @ the time of his duty and on top of that whispering that why public is asking him to do anything. This was the level of service which is being delivered by Air India Air line which I had witnessed.

It is sad and unfortunate to see such officials at the International Airport, bringing disrepute to our country known for its hospitality, humbelness, and treating customer/guest as a God. It is also giving a reflection to the visitors/foregienrs about the poor customer service provided by an airline carrying the name of INDIA. It is the word of praise that can get you more customers and also vice versa. I hope such incident will not be repeated in near future with any domectic or International customer of the Airlines. I demand for Air India apology, any extra money which Air India has taken through unfair means and also I should be compensated for such terrible service and unpleasant journey.

In anticipation of an appropriate reply at the earliest possible convinience
                      Regrads

Kannan Govindan
                        I have booked a return ticket on Air India from SanFranscisco-Singapore Mumbai

Electronic Ticket Number:[protected]
                        PNR Number: AI/J1FXC

Name: Kannan Govindan

Date of Journey: 28JUL 2009

Date of Return: 12AUG 2009

I have cancelled this ticket on 15th July 2009. Today it is Sep 19 2009. Air India yet to refund my money. Despite my repeated calls, the Air india doesnt even give me a update on this. I would like to know whether Air India processed this cancellation if so i wanted to know the transaction details. If not, then i need to know the status of the refund as it has been already 9 weeks of time.

Karthik Kamath

I was to travel from New York to Mangalore. I had an AIR flight from New York to Mumbai and from Mumbai to Mangalore through Kingfisher.The flight number was AI140 schedulded on 12 SEP 21:30.
                          The Air India officials at New York confirmed to me that it was through check in and i can collect baggage at my final destination Mangalore. I had my own doubts about it so i confirmed with another officials too. But when i was booking my domestic ticket for Kingfished on arrival to Mumbai they said that i had collect the baggage from International Airport. I contacted the AIR India Officials and they said the same. However none of the officials helped me even though the fault was that of AIR INDIA. I contaced the Manager at 1A terminial in domestic airport and i had to wake him up as he was sleeping. He too was of little help. Then i collected the luggage with difficulty by convincing the cops. It was an nightmare experience as i made to next flight just in time. Neither did any of the AIR India officals apologised nor did they help in anyway.
                          Date :[protected]

Bhushan.P.Gaidhani
                          601, VijayTower, Thanekarwadi,
                          Hariom Nagar Road, Kopari, Thane(E)-400603,
                          Maharashtra, India.

To,
                          The Manager,
                          AIR INDIA, Singapore.

Sub: Complaint for missing (Stealing) of Digital Camera DCS40-SONY S40 while travelling from Singapore to Mumbai in AI 443 flight dated on[protected].

Respected Sir,

I, the undersigned, logging a complaint for my digicam of above mentioned configuration, which is found missing from our luggage, while travelling from Singapore to Mumbai in AI 443 flight dated[protected]. This obnoxious incident had taken place at the Singapore Airport. Before boarding the flight at Singapore, I was called and showed that our luggage bag (containing the camera) was wrapped in the plastic with the chain completely broken and torned. I was told that it is due to overloading of the bag, that the chains got busted. So I agreed completely that time. And after seeing the bag in Mumbai, it was very shocking to see that bag was deliberately broken to steal the camera as there was neither our lock nor clip of the chain tied to the bag. I am damn sure that the Singaporean Air India staff who showed us our bag were involved in this racket.

We feel very sad as we have lost all our photos & other memory of Singapore as those were inside the camera.

This should be a matter of concern as we trust the Air India staff & authorities and believe that our belongings are safe with them.

I have already submitted the written complaint to Mr.Swami/Bhalekar the staff of Air India, Mumbai.

Please find the details of camera as mentioned below:

Model: DCS40-SONY S40
                          Colour: Silver
                          Colour of Camera cover: Black
                          Contents: 512MB memory card in the camera & 256 MB card in camera cover

Other details are as follows:
                          Passport Number: E 4354558
                          Flight Number: AI 443
                          Boarding Date:[protected]
                          Seat Number: 13E

Please do the needful to get the same camera back with our memory card.
                          At least please try to send or publish our photos of Singapore at Pcasa or similar web site.

Bhushan P. Gaidhani
                          Thane(E).
                          Mobile : [protected]
                          Landline :[protected]
                          Complaint comments  Add a comment

Air India / AI 348 — Infant was forced starved and not served baby food on-board despite special request made in advance [Resolved]

Prachi Dashora Pendse
                            This is with reference to the in-flight on board experience when I traveled thru' Air India AI 348 from New Delhi to...

kanmaniraja

I booked a ticket thro Air india website from Singapore to India. While booking the ticket it prompted to create an account. Since it is only account creation I entered my name and other details. I indent to book a ticket fort my brother bu the ticket got generated in my name. Now I want to change the passenger name. Air india call center customer executive and Chennai city office executives asy it is not possible to change the name of the passenger if booked online. Why is this so?. They are asking me to cancel the ticket. I will loose huge amount for cancellation. Is there any way to change the passenger name?
                            Air india service is the worst. Just don't know why our nation carried doing this way. i was booking the ticket for my wife( she doesn't have any last name in her passport) but the in air india site both fore name and last names are manadtory so i put my last name in the filed. Now the air india is saying althought both the fileds are manadotory but if you dont have any fore name or last name then you should put mr mrs in that filed. is it justified. Also they are behaviong rudely while talking to them. any idea what should be done in this case

Yalaguresh Jorapur
                              I was travelling from Bangalore to London on 25th May 09. I was travelling by AI-9505 from BLR to DEL and by AI-111 from DEL to LHR.

I got the boarding pass for both the flights in BLR. When I landed in DEL, the Air India customer support executive took my boarding pass and put a seal "NOT VALID FOR TRAVEL" and asked me to take seperate boarding pass at international airport. When I approached the Air India desk for boarding pass, he asked me to pay 1300 Rs UDF. As I did not have much time left for my flight, I had to pay and get the boarding pass. I feel cheated.

My transit time was just 2 hours in delhi. But I paid 1300 Rs in UDF. Please help to get the money back and to stop this practice in DEL airport by Air India counter.

Flight No From To Departure Time Arrival Time
                              AI-9505 BLR DEL 25/5/09 9:30 25/5/09 12:00
                              AI-111 DEL LHR 25/5/09 14:00 25/5/09 19:05
                              Hi!
                              It is not AI charging UDF.It is DIAL(GMR Group).Every passenger who travels from Delhi Airport has to pay UDF(domestic-200/- and international 1300/-).so better it would be, if you people get the full information before booking a flight.