Airtel Complaints & Reviews

2.2
Last updated May 25, 2022
Profile

File a complaint to Airtel

Having problems with Airtel?

File a complaint and get it resolved by Airtel customer care. It’s quick effective and absolutely free!

Airtel

1800 103 4444

View more phone numbers

Airtel reviews & complaints page 2603

Airtel Cellular Service — Lines Busy...line busy

I am using airtel cellular phone service for last one year, but now a days especially in the morings when try to make a call I am hearing a sweet voice telling that " All the lines in this route are currently busy" more than three times. According to the TRAI regulation (If am wrong kindly correct me) I don't think it is acceptable and I am ending up in wasting just trying....

Airtel / Prepaid — Missed Call Alert is not working

Missed Call Alert is not working for more than a Month. 5 times i have complained to Customer Care & received 3 reference numbers from 22nd April to 10th May. Each time while speaking with Customer Care officer, they commit that problem will be solved within next 24 hrs or their technical people will call me. So far, nothing happend and still i'm facing the same problem.

Plz explain me wats the use of complaint booking??...

I was going abroad in 2003 and wanted international roaming. Airtel told me to deposit Rs 10k and I got the service activated. Years passed...
Last year (2007) I came to know that Airtel had stopped charging deposit for international roaming since 2005 or something.
So I called Airtel and requested them to send me the money. They said it will take 45 days as per 'process' (When I wanted the connection urgently they did not accept cheque or DD, ONLY cash!).
I waited and waited and also forgot. After 3 months I remembered and called them again. So they said they had sent the cheque by courier and was not delivered since no one was home. (If we delay on a small bill, they hound us like anything, the question I asked them was - all they had to do was to call me and tell me that the courier cannot deliver! They have my number! They just wasted another month).
When I kept complaining I was told to go to their office, made to wait and then collect the cheque personally. The issue is now solved.
BUT there is a bigger issue here!
Since they had withdrawn the deposit charges since 2005, wasn't Airtel liable to tell customers and REFUND the money ON THEIR OWN, without waiting for customers to call. I wonder how many MILLIONS of customers have paid the deposit and the company is sitting on it and earning fat interest!
If you also have similar experiences or if you have paid a deposit and forgot, pls call them and ask for it.
I want to take them to court if there are more customers with the same complaint.

Rgds
Raj
i have experienced the same thing.i have deposited 5000 rs.and on refund they have told it wwill take 45 days to refund.when they start sservice they take in cash and on refund in cheque?
[protected]@yahoo.co.in

I broght a airtel life lime incoming SIM connection on 08.04.08 .but validity shown on 07.05.08 today my incomig cutoff why?.I NEED A RENEWAL shortly.foverly reply
    Because you have chosen a LIFE TIME HARASSMENT dis-service provider. Bhago Bhago...

I am working in a MNC, pune. I took airtel corporate postpaid connection through airtel representative who used to come near to my office. At that time, he asked me only for 2 documents to open a connection and after one week my connection got barred because of incomplete documents. I again went to airtel office in pune and asked for the complete list of documents to be submitted. He asked me 2 more documents and also told me that the connction will start within 48 hours.. After 3 days I gave a call to 121 so called customer service, they said me to resubmit the complete documents.. I am really fedup with Airtel.. they don't even intimate me before disconnecting the connection.. Airtel really Sucks !!!1

i want to cancel my subscription to hindu smart alerts
        My no. is [protected]. yahoo! zone has been subscribed, so i like to unsubscribed yahoo! zone as soon as possible.
        thanking you
        Please unsubscribe me from http://m.igfun.com site from[protected]. My mobile number is [protected]. I really don't need this facility.Please take it as immediate action to unsubscribe me

Karunakar
        ma no. is [protected] n i want 2 unsubscribe ma yahoo!zone service...plz do it as soon as possible...
        Please unsubscribe me from site

from[protected]. It was the scheme for the free Digital Camera. I really don't need this facility.Please take it as immediate action to unsubscribe me. My mobile number is [protected].

Monika
        my number is [protected] i want to unsubscribe a text based subscription from 64611020 they are charging rs. 20 per week. i lost rs.40 please unsubsribe
        my num is [protected], i want to unsubscribe the tashan site facility
        tashan.co.in/3pt/indexall.wml?tid=web-videshitashanfree plz unsubscribe this my num is [protected]

My number is [protected]. Please unsubscribe me from

Please take necessary action immediately
        my no. is [protected].plzz unsubscribe wap.mobifun.in (tashan site).i have lost rs 40 till now.unsubscribe it quickly.
        my number is [protected]. please unsubscirbe me immediately from http://tashan.co.in/3pt/indexall.wml?tid=web-videshitashanfree.

My No. is [protected] Please Unsubscribe me from this tashan .co.in. I just complained many times to the customer care If this time Its not happening surely i will Take this case to the consumer court.

regards,
        Priya
        my number is [protected] i want to unsubscribe a text based subscription from
        http://tashan.co.in/3pt/indexall, wml?tid, they are charging rs. 20 per week. i lost rs.150 please unsubsribe
        my number is [protected]. please unsubscirbe me immediately from http://tashan.co.in/3pt/indexall.wml?tid=gametashan.

Sub: No refund of my disconnected no:[protected]

Attached please find the SCANNED telephone disconnection receipt dated 10thDec’07 as submitted at Airtel Relationship Centre( Lokhandwala/Mumbai).
          2) inspite of my repeated reminders I have not received the refund against my disconnected number [protected].
          • 3) I also have got a complaint number 16203346 dated 7th April’08 against which no ation...

Airtel / Prepaid Connection — after renew sim card not activated

dear sir,

my fone get stolen before 15 days. in which airtel sim of no. [protected](punjab) is present.i had gone to airtel shop in abohar with my identity & FIR. the executive issued me a new sim immediately for 190 rs, but not activate it yet. the sim issued 10 days before, i went many time to the airtel shop after that but no solution come.
          so pls do smthing for me

thanking you,
          naveen....

Airtel Tamilnadu / Prepaid — excessive charging

Airtel in Tamilnadu charges for the usage of 58 seconds as 2 minutes. Only upto 57 seconds Airtel charges for 1 minute. If the customer makes a call and speaks for 1minute and 58 seconds he is charged for 3 minutes. I made several complaints to the customer service of the AirTel, but no action has been taken to rectify the defect in evaluating the charges. This kind of charging is adopted for all calls including ISD & STD. I don't...
          sir we are very much suffering from bad network coverage in kualsekharam in kayakumari district, Tamil Nadu this problem came to exist before 1 1/2 years ..we have complained to customer care for many times still no change in the coverage .. many of our area guys are swiched to other networks since they are giving a best coverage here ..We are very much implressed on facilities provided by airtel.so please look on this complaint as early...

Bharti Airtel / Landline Services — landline phones

Two numbers 4040349 & 4040345 of our landline phones at RASMECCC, STATE BANK INDIA, ZONAL OFFICE, BYRON BAZAR, BEHIND CHHATTISGARH COLLEGE, RAIPUR (CHHATTISGARH) ARE NOT WORKING SINCE 1ST MAY 2008. COMPLAINTS WITH LOCAL AIRTEL AUTHORITIES MR. ANSHUMAN CHATTERJEE & MR KHALIQUE DID NOT BRING ANY RESULT. PLEASE ARRANGE TO ATTEND THE COMPLAINT AT YOUR EARLIEST AS IT HAMPERS BUSINESS= SAJAL ROY, ASSISTANT GENERAL MANAGER, RASMECCC, STATE...

Dear Sir

I received a call from Australia to my BSNL Mobile No.[protected] which was routed through Bharathi Telecome on 5-5-2008 at 11.11 am. The caller id was shown as +5060. We need the Australian full telephone number, because the documents they sent through courier was also lost.
          Kindly give us the full Australian Telephone number.

Appreciate your kindness.

K. Buhary
          Aug 13, 2020
          i went pay my bill...at airtel shop kodambakkam chennai.
          there was a girl in collection seat...(last one in order of seat when u entry)
          i said mobile number in order...like...98401 and 65 and 67...when i say 67 she looked me very angry and lasy...it meens...
          hey, u dont have any other work to do today...why u came here...and more... like that.

Really those people are strange...
          they are feel, we are just useless...they only doing job...they are busy something...

really i felt when she was looked me...

and really she was kicked my ...

but who cares...
          every one have shop for only money...
          they dont know even to behave...
          so...i dint yell there...i just lough myself...
          i have a browsing centre in chengalpattu, i need a top up cards and recharge cards and ec for costmers, i will ask the local airtel distributors so many time for the top up and recharge cards, they could not any respond me. they tell no cards available come next month, next month. why they tell like this, pls reply me..
          SIR U R NET WORK IS TOOOOOOOOOO WEEK IN TN SALEM SHEVAPET WE CAN, T TALK FROM U R MOBILE SO PLEASE CLEAR IT [protected] THIS IS MY MOBILE NUMBER
          i want singnal to my area in home inside the singnal was not coverage so please solu my problem my address is No47/16 sandhu street tiruttani (tiruvallur dist)
          HelloSir
          My connection[protected] request for redressal
          I had a post paid Airtel connection with number[protected] for the past 8 years. Due to my proposed wivit to USA, I requested the airtel people to convert it to prepaid connection by etaining the same number. It was agreed by the Airtel, that they will adjust the Deposit money of Rs.1500 first towards the latest bill Rs.996 and the remaining balance towards the recharge charges for the prepaid.

As per instructions and guidance from Airtel Customer centre, I applied for the convertion at Tirunelveli office( North Bye pass Road Vannarapet, Tirunelveli on 28.01.10 at 5.30 pm). It was told by the Customer care Centre that well within 9 hours it will be converted into prepaid.
          To my surprise, they fail to act.
          On 01.02.10, I tried a recharge my cell with Rs.2 first under prepaid. It was accepted and then I charged for another Rs.100, with talk time around Rs.88 for my last day's (ie 01.02.10) use at Chennai and I left Chennai by 01 am of 02.02.10 to USA.

By around 7 pm of 01.02.10, I contacted the Customer Care Office from Sterling Road Airtel showroom. It was informed to me that,
          01) My connection is under PrePaid
          02) After the recoverry of Rs.996 a balance of Rs.504 is available, that will be forwarded to my Tirunelveli address by way of cheque.

This sounds very fine for me.
          But what occured is a different one now. Till 12.02.10, my cell phone under prepaid functioned very well. Since there is no network tower nis available, I could not make a or recieve any call from my cell. But I can use the cell as my phone directory. Now I am receving a comment when ever I use the Cell--- "INSERT THE SIM CARD"
          I am not understanding the meaning of this commnet. I had a doubt that your people deactivated my SIM under[protected]

Please look into the matter and activate my SIM.
          I never want miss my number[protected]. It is only my affection and love towards AIRTEL

I am not complaining. I want my number [protected] ACTIVE for ever.

Yours truly
          Subramaniyan.T.N.
          Procedure for addressing a concern
          How to voice a concern
          A person wishing to raise a concern may do so with the Ombudsman, either verbally or in writing by giving background and history of the unprofessional conduct, the reason and grounds for raising the concern, the identity of the individuals who may be involved and documentary evidence, wherever available. The earlier the concern is raised, the better.

Complaints may be sent in either of these forms:
          In writing (through hard copy mail) to:

The Ombudsman
          Bharti Enterprises Ltd.
          Aravali Crescent
          1, Nelson Mandela Road
          Vasant Kunj, Phase II
          New Delhi – 110 070

In writing (through email) to a secure email id, [protected]@bharti.in

I have been using AIRTEL Prepaid since i was in class 8th.It provides much better coverage and attractive tup-up schemes...so i like it.

Now i am using airtel prepaid, no.-[protected], Kolkata, having a lifetime validity.

Bymistakely today i recharged a different no that is- [protected], with a boucher worth RS. 222.

I tried to contact that no. ., But i told him about this...he just disconnected the phone and not picking it now...
            So can this recharge be cancelled...may be by that retailer...
            Waiting for a reply
            I wish to introduce myself that Iam S.Subbiah and the consumer of your Airtel network with prepaid connection and my number is [protected]. I am using sony Ericsson model no K790i. On 17th of december I received a message from 64611050 stating that thanks for downloading wall paper from airtel live WAP service. You have been charged Rs 50/- Enter angels paradise. In that I searched and found no wall paper was downloaded. I really dont downloaded any wall paper and I gave a telephonic complaint on 17th december around 3 pm in your customer care service and I was replied that I have downloaded and they asked to search in the mobile but it is vain. Further I am facing problem with the phone that when I dial a number it was not connected immediately and while conversation after a few seconds my phone become dead and the other end they are hearing. your customer care official advised to put the sim in other mobile. That also I tried but the same problem continues and in some places my phone is not reachable. Hence I request you to solve the problem and do me the needful

With regards
            S.Subbiah
            hello...I am Arun Kumar Prasad having airtel pre paid #[protected]
            Since 4-5 months, airtel deducting INR 30.00 for Alram n Alerts services, but there is no service active on my mobile.

After complianing, they credited this amt last month, but this again deducted for this services.

When I called up him, no body responding...plz check & reverse this amt & ensure that such mistake don't revise as we are facing lots of problem.

Arun Kumar Prasad

Airtel - Kerala Circle — Poor network coverage

I live in Trivandrum.

Between Sreevaraham and Mukkola, in Parambil Nagar. Its a place where mix of hi-fi and lo-fi people live.

I have Airtel connection and the network coverage is extremely bad. Pls do install a new tower in the nearby location or increase the transmission power of the tower which serves this area.

Thanks....

Starting from April 2008, please send my bills to my email-id.

Also send me the password to view bill

Dear Sir/Madam.

Hi itz regard the old sim card has been purchased 3 years back.
                My number is [protected].
                All required document has been submitted .
                Can I activate this sim again?

Please reply to these complaint

Please Do the needful ASAP.

Alka...

Airtel Prepaid — DEDUCTION FROM TALKTIME BALANCE WITHOUT ANY INFORMATION & SUBSEQUENT HARRASMENT

I am a customer of Airtel Pre-paid Mobile connection No.[protected]. On 04 May afternnon I just received a message that "Thanks for downloading AR Rahman Tune" though I didnot made any request/ SMS and subsequently my talktime balance reduced by Rs. 60/- to Rs. 16.64/- from Rs. 76.64/-. My repeated request to Customer Care Executives gone in vain to restore my balance as earlier. Only thing they did by sending anaother message...

Airtel Mobile Office — Speed of Internet

I am using airtel mobile office sevice for 2-3 months. Its downloading speed is the poorest of any of the Internet service. In this service I even could not download a content of size 2-3 MB, since either it take 5-6 hour to download or it gets disconnected during downloading. This is the worst internet providing service since it consumes not only the money of the customers but also the 'TIME' of the customer....

Airtel Prepaid — charging me extra money unnecessarily everyday.

SINCE LAST 3 MONTHS I M CONTINEOUSLY SENDING SMS TO 511 REGARDING DEACT GPRS, THE REPLY IS "YOUR REQUEST IS BEEN PROCEEDED N U WILL RECIEVE CONFORMATION WITHIN 24 HOURS. NEXT DAY AGAIN THE ACCOUNT IS DEBITED BY 14.99. WHEN I CALL THE COSTOMER CARE TO LOUNCH A COMPLAINT THE NOTEDOWN THE COMPLAINT N THE REPLY IS PRESENTLY SERVER IS DOWN CALL AFTER SOME TIME, IT IS REPEATED. NEXT TIME THE REPLY IS UR COMPLAINT IS FORWARDED UIT WILL BE DEACTIVATED...

SINCE LAST 3 MONTHS I M CONTINEOUSLY SENDIND SMS TO 511 REGARDING DEACT GPRS, THE REPLY IS "YOUR REQUEST IS BEEN PROCEEDED N U WILL RECIEVE CONFORMATION WITHIN 24 HOURS. NEXT DAY AGAIN THE ACCOUNT IS DEBITED BY 14.99. WHEN I CALL THE COSTOMER CARE TO LOUNCH A COMPLAINT THE NOTEDOWN THE COMPLAINT N THE REPLY IS PRESENTLY SERVER IS DOWN CALL AFTER SOME TIME, IT IS REPEATED. NEXT TIME THE REPLY IS UR COMPLAINT IS FORWARDED UIT WILL BE DEACTIVATED WITHIN 48 HOURS AND ALSO UR BALANCE WILL B CREDITED BACK, BUT USELESS.