Airtel Complaints & Reviews

2.2
Last updated May 18, 2022
Profile

File a complaint to Airtel

Having problems with Airtel?

File a complaint and get it resolved by Airtel customer care. It’s quick effective and absolutely free!

Airtel

Toll free
1800 103 4444

View more phone numbers

Airtel reviews & complaints page 2604

One Day I received call from [protected] [Mr. rohit] saying that, " Sir pay Rs. 600/- [Rs.500/- towards deposit and Rs. 100/- for scheme charges] and you will be getting 1000 min Airtel-Airtel call free and 1000 Local SMS free, so when can i send my excutive to your office". Also i have been told by that person that i will be getting new gold card. I thought this is very good scheme so i gone for the same and asked to come next day itself. The person come on next day and taken Rs. 600/- cheque. Nothing has happened After for 1 months. so i made a call from my office on the same number and asked what happened to my Rs. 600/- which is cleared from bank account. {Most imp cheque is a/c payee in favour of Bharti Airel Ltd). That person told me that he will give details within half-hour and after insisting provided me another no. [protected]. but no reply for that day as well as phone also swithed-off or not available for next 15 days.

Today {Date 22nd Apr 2008} i made call on [protected] which is replied by Mr. Jawed and again same thing as earlier that will provide details within 2 hours. No reply till 4'o clock and now no reply on phone.

Please solve this problem on urgent basis because they are so many person paying but not getting any reply.

My questions are:
1. Cheque cleared my bank account but airtel has no idea about it.
2. When i will get my new sim card or money back.

Dinesh Mundada
[protected]@rediffmail.com
Dear Dinesh,
Make it a point to cc your emails to nodal officer and appelate also. Please take a scan copy of the payment made receipt and also the bankstatement showing the payment cleared in favor of AIRTEL, had a harrowing experience wherein I had Rs.2000/- due from AIRTEL and AIrtel refused to acknowledge, just because i had the receipts I could hammer out my money after good 3 months. These people just test your patience. mail me in case of problem at [protected]@hotmail.com; have bad experience in AIRTLE MAHARASTRA and AIRTEL AP also.
Respected Sir

I Syed Masood Ali, have registered for an airtel connection 15 days back and have submitted the necessary documents and address proof along with my photograph. I get a message after 15 days saying that the photograph is not clear and that I am supposed to submit a new one. When I went to the Laxminagar branch of GodhavariKhani, Karminagar dist the person asks me to get a color photograph of the address proof and when I did so, he again asks me to sumbit a phtograph which I have already submitted. And the way the person has spoken to me was not at all in the interest of a customer. He blankly told me whether I need the connection or not. This is no way to talk to a customer who is 50+. I expect some action to be taken in this regard. This will be in the favour of many customers who are affected by such services.

Syed Masood Ali.
[protected].

Excess DSL Billing
    I am a subscriber of Airtel Landline No.[protected] since Nov 2007. I have a combo plan in which i use both voice and internet services.
    Till my bill dated 24/10/07, i had no problems with my billing. My DSL statement details used to consume 3-6 pages. My usage was between 1.0-1.6 GB per month.
    However in the Bill dated 24/11/07, my DSL details occupied only a quarter page instead of normal 3-6...

Dear Sirs,

Until now, I am an Airtel postpaid customer. I am using Airtel postpaid connection in a corporate user group architecture.

I have opted for my postpaid number [protected] before 6 months months during a Roadshow campaign happended in my office premises which I am presently using now.

My credentials has been duly verified before the allotment of my number by an authorised personnel from Airtel.

After the third month of taking up this connection, I have received a notification stating that I am using two other mobile numbers which I am not aware off.

I am in constantly liaising with the customer support executives of Airtel since the beginning of March 2008 with regard to the improper impulsion of asking me to pay for the two mobile number bills which does not belongs to me, but even by this minute I have not got a concrete answer / reply and the dragging up of this situation irritates me a lot.

I hate to state that my credentials has been forged inappropriately which I cannot accept.

My mobile no. is [protected].
    The other mobiles number which I would like to brand illegal are [protected] & [protected].

I hereby place a complaint in your desk and please can you look into this dispute and provide me a solution for this issue at the earliest since it includes my cost, time and energy.

Looking forward to hear from you.

AirTel — Airtel Postpaid number misuse

To,
    Airtel,

a sim card([protected]) is being used by someone else by my name, which i came to know when no payment was made for it after Dec08 and when i started getting calls for the non payment of the bill.
    it was being used by one of my friends who agrees that she has been using the SIM. but she is not making the payment and the current bill is 15000. airtel is forcing me to make the payment. can we do something in this case.

Balwinder

Airtel Postpaid — Bill plan change request for last two month

I have been trying to change my bill plan since last two month, but to my surprise it is still the same plan. Every time I asked to pay your dues It will be change by next bill cycle. In the first month after I clear my default I didn't get any confirmation frm that side. again I sent a mail to [protected]@airtelindia.com and [protected]@airtel.in. I was again told to follow the same procedure this time you bill plan will get change from next...

Airtel Postpaid Bill — Wrong information from Customer Care Executive.Without informing changed bill plan & wrongly charged.

Hi All,
      My mobile number is - [protected].
      I had called Customer Care on 6th March, 2008 to change my bill plan.But my request was not heeded & the Customer Care Executive informed me that the bill plan cannot be changed until next billing cycle.Then I had requested Airtel for the 'Hotline Plan' in which I had free service from my Cell Number to the new Sim card number I received in the plan.Without my prior notice...

We are sending this mail to you from MAAC INFRA

We had booked Airtel broadband connection through one of your Territory Sales Manager Mr. Jitender Duggal by paying an advance amount of Rs. 5000/- vide cheque no. 000405 dated 08/01/2008. The receipt number given to us is 52805 dated 18/01/08 with SEF no. 794199.

Airtel has failed to provide us connection at that time and we have wasted our precious 45 days due to non availability of pair or line etc…Later on we could find another manager who could provide us the connection with less hassle. But so far the amount of Rs. 5000/- submitted as advance amount is still pending from Airtel to us.

Even after reminding Mr. Jitender Duggal almost 15 times and regular follow up our payment in last three months, we are yet to receive our deposited amount of Rs. 5000/-which is due from your end.

You are requested to kindly make the above payment at the earliest to avoid any further action from our end.

We shall look forward for your reply and action on this subject at the earliest.

Warm Regards,

Tarun

Airtel India — DEACTIVATION FOR NON PAYMENT OF RS 500 MONTHLY BILL, WHILE LIMIT PROMISED WAS RS 1000

DEAR AIRTEL

YOU ARE RUDE

My mobile phone no [protected] got deactivated with PUK locked while I was in Cyprus. I wonder why these things happen to your system especially for non- payment of Rs 487.50 monthly bill which I do pay regularly. In case of default in payment of monthly bills however small be the amount, your system oriented debarring service can hold at stake the communication just because I did not pay your Rs 300- 500 in time.

Shame on your system and I pity myself to be at mercy of such shameless sorry- thank-you help lines, which do not care to pick up phone calls after sending the caller through computerised ordeal. I tried thrice on Sunday but your phone banking went silent, just preferred not to pick up the calls on Sunday.
      Please tell me the physical address of a man who listens to me and in case he also turns out helpless, the esteemed address for breaking my head in front of a competent Airtel man before I throw your SIM card.
      This is the third occasion when my SIM card got blocked since 2004 for non payment of petty monthly bill of Rs 300-500 in time. When last time I was about to throw your SIM card a wise man from AIRTEL promised me not to repeat such cheap tricks of stoppage of communication/ deactivation for an outstanding below Rs 1000.00.

Who cares AIRTEL is all about systems and inconvenience to its old Customers...

Airtel India — Bill payment

I used to pay my Delhi mob bill thru online ...abovesaid website is not working
      I have balace of rs.151 but there is no incoming and out going calls .it says service barred.mobile no.[protected]

my broadband connection was shifted from one DP to another.
        i was told that my connection will start as soon as it will be shifted ...its 3 days but there is no connectivity in my connection...
        this is ridiculous ..i have suffered a lot due this problem ..now i am thinking to drop this coonection..
        and i have faced a loss also by not having connectivity..this places a very bad impression on cunsumer ...and will also suggest people not to go for this connection...
        I had broadband connection with telephone no 43063395. I shifted from Flat No. 112, New Delhi Apartment, Vasundhra Enclave Delhi 110096 . I handed over the application to Airtel represenattive on 17-Apr-10 for shifting. But I was told Airtel facility is not available at the new location

I informed to cancel my connection on 20-Apr-10 through Airtel Sales Manager Mr Nazaf (Mobile [protected]). Surprisingly The connection is still active. I have no outstanding till the last bill.

If airtel is not disconnecting the phone. I would not be responsible for any future unwanted bill

Request to sort it with your official to take appropriate action

I am using an airtel no [protected], Which actually belongs to bombay but is currently used in akola city. We received our bill forfebruary, We contacted the local airtel gallery for payment of the bill, the bill being slightly higher than expected we enquired whether we were put up with roaming charges, THe airtel executive delayed our complaint for 2 long months and kept us waiting reasurring each time that the problem will be solved in further short span.
          Same pattern continued and so our service was barred for non payement of bill.
          We had to suffer inconvenience and losses as our service was barred al because of the delay made by the airtel employee.Further on payment of the bill after two months from other airtel other, The system is as yet not started, as the other gallery officer too has not updated our bill despite of it's payement 2 days ago .
          What do we do now ?????????
          The customer can provide us with no help at all ...as the officer has not updated our bill as yet !
          WHAT DO WE DO /?????????????????

Eshani Sathe, Akola, Maharashtra.
          NAME KUNDAN KUMAR MY MOB.NO.[protected]
          ADDRESS.TYPE 2 62 VIVEKANAND NAGAR ORDNANCE FACTORY KATNI
          PIN.NO.483503
          ALL DITAIL DATE 07.12.2010
          ALL DAIL MOB.NO, DIALLED NO.AND RECEIVED NO.MAIL ALL MOB.NO.ATTECH SIR

I have sent a sms to 121 GPRS to activate the gprs service on mobile on 21/3/08 at 8.53.35 at 15.05.23 I sent a message to 121 MYVAS but grps was activated, at 16.49.46 I contact customer care exuection but gprs was activiated again tat of 4 hours give at 17.22.37 the service was activates on mobile. Then I spoke to one of the supervisor Seema about the quality of service and I told to deactivate the gprs. At the same time i sent a message...

Sir

I am one of your subscriber having Ph. No.[protected] customer ID no 229034 in the name if Mohammed Imran. Isha Chemist Shri Nagar Main Indore. Having medical business of whole-sale retail. I am a subscriber of your company since 1997.
            I would like to bring your kind attention my case:

I was having Plan 499/- in which local calls and Airtel Call within circle are free
            Up to 4th January 08 the same plan was activated on my no. But the bill I received for the period 5-01-08 to 4-02-08 received with plan 150. I had never applied for plan change but the same was getting done from your end. Your organization has never bothered to inform me about the plan change. On enquiring at customer desk no one give me any satisfactory answer nor ready to tell how the plan gets changed.

For past 3 months I am trying to sort this problem but receiving no co-operation from your end. On top of that my number gets barred and after repeated follow up with your organization, no one taking pain to look into the matter. Inspite of looking into the problem your company and collection executives are giving me calls for collecting payment. I had made a complaint at your office many time but nor answer received. My last complaint number was 5671054 dated 14th April 08. This time also I get assurance but I know with my previous experience no one going to revert. Due to these action and barring of my number I had incurred loss of Rs. 250000/-, who is responsible for the losses and the mantel stress I am going through.

This is my last letter to you and if this time no one going to look into the problem and resolve my complaint then I have no option but to go to Consumer Forum. As you are committed to provide us best services first time and every time but in my view I am receiving worst services every time and getting mental harassment as a bonus.

You are requested to please reply at the earliest.

Mohammed Imran
            Please note that for the last 2 months my phone no :[protected] is not in working condition .We have lodged more than 100 complaints, but there is no response from airtel.Fyi i have submitted cash of Rs 2500/= in A/C NO :14652931 DT:03/2/11 .Your receipt no is :CA10186545M.Kindly suggest that what further action we have to take? My mobile no is [protected]

My old sim card was unable to swap in my new mobile nokia 6300 . So that I have changed my sim card with new one with same number [protected] because in air-tel office it was suggested . My old card is deactivated but new one is not activated till now though 3 days have been passed.

kamlesh
              Airtel customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

THIS COMPANY IS ONE OF THE WORST COMPANIES THAT YOU COULD FIND IN THIS ENTIRE WORLD.
                NOT JUST THE CUSTOMERS ARE AT THERE MERCY AFTER BUYING THERE PRODUCTS BUT ALSO THE PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY SELL THERE PRODUCTS, N IM THE LIVING EXAMPLE OF THIS. THEY SAY THEY GIVE X AMOUNT AS CLAIM FOR N NO:OF ACTIVATIONS, BUT IM YET TO RECEIVE THE CLAIMS DISCUSSED FOR THE MONTH OF AUGUST2007 ONWARDS, THE SO CALLED ASMs ALWAYS HAVE ONE EXCUSE OR THE OTHER,...

dear sir/madam,

I am Raj Aggarwal. My mobile number is [protected]. i have a complaint about my plan. I have choose the plan of 9999 for 15 months which was finished in january 2008. I have not got any call/message that my plan was going to be finished and after January my new plan was going to be activated automatically of 499 and having a call of airtel to airtel as 40 P. I hav't choosen that plan then how can I be willingly able to pay my bill having 499 as monthly rent. Atleast i should be confirmed once that I want to activate my older plan or the newer plan. This is totally cheating with your older customer because now you are giving the plan of 125 Rs. and having a call of airtel to airtel as 10 P.

Now I only want that my new plan should be going to be activated as 125 Rs plan which having 10 P call from airtel to airtel and something should be done with my older bills from january to till now..

please confirm that what plan should be activated at my mobile now. please contact me as soon as possible at my mobile number because I don't check my mails regularly.

Raj Aggarwal

I am baring mobile no.[protected] at mumbai & ratnagiri at maharashtra state but when i used at ratnagiri there are many problems occured that are the following:

1.Sometimes there is no network shown on my mobile but when i use this sim card in motorola handset their is full coverage but when it is in Nokia handset their is no network shown.
                  2.when i dial any number i cannot contact at first time there is minimum 10-15 times try after i will conntact with this number

I am in severe pain to inform that on 18/04/2007 at about 1818 hrs I have done an airtel successful e-recharge of Rs 111/- from New Delhi. The Transaction ID for that e-recharge was [protected]. But it is quite unfortunate that I received Rs Zero as call value against that e-recharge.

My mobile number is [protected] and I performed my e-recharge while on roaming(New Delhi). My home circle is Mumbai.

I have spoken...

I am registering a complaint against faulty Airtel sales, customer service and billing.
                    Purchased a sim card from Airtel on 30th Oct 2007
                    Information given to me:

1) I was told that the simcard would be activated after I recieved a call from Airtel on my Vodafone no., since i have only one instrument.
                    2) I was never notified that the billing cycle could be for 2 days, 7 days or 10 days. Billing as explained to me was on a monthly basis.

On 8th November, I recieved a call from Airtel that I would be billed on 10th for 10 days of service provided. I was not even aware that my sim was activated, and to this day it is lying in its original packaging.

Action taken by me:
                    a) I called the sales person named Anuraj Guleria and told him about this billing. His exact words to me "Customer care kuch bhi kehta hai, you will not be billed." He was wrong. I was sent a bill.

b) I visited the Airtel gallery and informed them that this billing was unacceptable to me, and I wanted to cancel my card. I was told that I HAD to pay the bill for which I had recieved no service, since I was not even aware of it. They refused to cancel my card unless I paid that amount, some 76 rupees. I refused to pay it on principle that I had recieved no service against that 76 rupees.

c) I submitted a letter to my bank and cancelled the ECS.

d) From Nov to March, Whenever I got a call from Airtel, I asked them to discontinue the simcard, since I was not interested in the pathetic service. They continued to bill me for a card that I was not using.

e) I submitted a letter to the Airtel collection agent about this issue.

f) After recieving a lawyer's notice, I called the contact person and was told to cancel the card at the Airtel Gallery. I visited the Gallery once more and got the card cancelled. I was given a cancellation number and told that I don't have to pay anything. I offered to return the unused simcard, and they said it was not necessary.

The bill amount has now accrued to 780 odd rupees, which the Airtel lawyer today informs me must be paid since I have 'cheated' Airtel. You tell me who is cheating whom here?

Airtel has the worst service I have ever encountered. It has no regard for its customers, unless they are forking over money. I urge the authorities to help me and also suggest that people in Mumbai stop using Airtel Service, since it is so pathetic.
                    Truly Disappointed and Harassed,
                    Aparajita
                    I agree with your comments. I myself had a tormenting experience with the Airtel customer care people. I am planning to switch myself.

Airtel — incoming calls from airtel mobile 9867104026 blocked

Dear sir
                      my incoming calls from above mentioned mobile no's are blocked from last 8 days ie 12 Apr (without giving any intimation)
                      Reason (given by customer care) : to submit documents for reverification
                      Attempt 1: 14 Apr: Submited documents in airtel gallery
                      Response (of airtel gallery people): incoming would be started within 24 hr
                      Attempt 2: 16 Apr: 9 pm: called CC people
                      Reason (given by...

Airtel / Postpaid Mobile Bill — Misappropriation of payment,Mobile number 9900711633

I had a Bangalore Airtel connection (Mob # [protected]). In Sept 2007, I had to relocate out of india therefore i decided to cancel my Airtel connection. Since i had already left bangalore and was in my home town Ahmedabad i decided to settle the bill there.

I called up the Airtel office and was given a reference (person and number) to make the payment to. I was told the payment had to be in cash. I made a cash payment of Rs...

Just wanted to complain about the customer service of Airtel, it is going worse day by day.
                      My simple request was to activate GPRS on my number, also my hello tune is not working since last 2 months but for that im calling airtel customer service since last 2 months. I have called at least 40 times till date for the same thing but no resolution instead i got a very por customer service. I was promised callbacks several times by the supervisor but i never recd any callback. today i again called up for my issue but 3 of the representatives disconnected the call. The first lady i could not get her name, the second one was Jai and the third was Imran Inamdar. I would definately expect an action to be taken for all those reps who have handled my call in the past 2 months. I hope atleast after writing this mail definately some action would be taken against the reps/supervisors. It is very frustrating that after following up for for more than 2 mths for a simple request like activating GPRS still my it is not activated. I am not asking for a free service, im ready to pay for the same but for that also i need to beg??

Sumeet Chatterjee
                      Team Leader
                      Infosys
                      Ph#[protected]

Airtel / Postpaid Mobile Bill — unauthorised Monthly rental Plan changed

Without my permission Airtel changed my postpaid monthly rental plans from 249 to 599.

I always enquire my total bill amount by sending SMS to Bill enquiry.And pay the bill amount accordingly.
                        I suspected some mishap when suddenly my bill amount increased to very high amount.
                        I came to know about Monthly rental plan change recently when I SMS about my current bill plan.

I had a talk with Airtel...