BookMyShow Complaints & Reviews

Last updated Feb 2, 2023

File a complaint to BookMyShow

Having problems with BookMyShow?

File a complaint and get it resolved by BookMyShow customer care. It’s quick effective and absolutely free!

BookMyShow

BookMyShow Phone Numbers

View more phone numbers

BookMyShow reviews & complaints page 35

Sir/madam,
This is to inform u that i had booked tickets for rs.70/- dc at shiva parvathi theatre today for 23.09.17 morning show at 11.15 am. The amount of rs.84.81 has been debited from my hdfc account... But ticket is not yet booked... I got a message that my booking is still under process, would be confirmed after making payment. But after making payment also i didn't got any confirmation of seat... Which i booked for b 15.br...

I booked movie tickets in book my show app for tomorrow (Friday) instead of sunday. I am unable to cancel my tickets in that website.
Can you help me on this to get refund or exchange tickets for sunday show.
It's urgent.
Website used for booking-bookmyshow.com
Timings booked[protected].00am)
Theatre-fun sigma
Timings want to book[protected].00 am)

I had booked tickets from book my show on 19th of august from this mail id (Suganya. [protected]@gmail.com), but the tickets were not booked and but the amount was deducted of rs.756.in my bookmyshow id also there is no booking history of my tickets. I have raised complaint to icici bank also. So please refund my money. Revert back with a proper solution as soon as possible.
    Sep 20, 2017
    ravi challa's response
    I want refund
    I booked 2 tickets which is cost of 150 per ticket,
    so total 300,

but i am not sure they are collecting other charges apart from GST tax.

Could you look into my screenshot.

thanks
    Sandeep Reddy Mursubai.

Chennai casino theatre booking to tickets c21 and c23 but still not booking at 24 are bokking

Last i bought sunburn tickets these are the details booking id: vtbg00t0qks1ux confirmation number
      [protected] under this email id : piorwal. [protected]@gmail.com. This year sunburn said before releasing the 2017 tickets "for all the fans who bought tickets to #sunburn10 last year, @bookmyshow will be sending you a special code on your inbox at 12.30pm" however i havent rcvd any when i callled the bookmyshow they said i am not in that...

I m forget my bms account password n gmail account so how can i open my account in my account 231 rs is there so plzz it will refund it to me

Dear book my show team. I booked 4 tickets on book my show on 10th sep 2017, at anjali cinema, aurangabad, for 3.00 pm show. As per the confirmation e-mail received from your side (Please see the attached screenshots). When i went to the theater i. E. Anjali big cinema, the person on ticket counter told me that your booking is not confirmed. I showed him my message as well as my e-mail, but it didn't work. The person on ticket counter told me that, you just reserve the tickets not actually booked, but the amount get deducted from my account. He had not given me any tickets. So on the same day i booked ticket in another theater.

Kindly refund my amount for anjali big cinema tickets, which i actually did not get.

Hope you guys took an action against this.

Because i paid money for the tickets that i could not get.

This is my humble request to book my show team, please look into the matter and refund my ticket amount.

Sir, I tried to book two tickets on icici debit card offer on 1+1 free.paid the amt of 398.44 which got debited from my account.Transaction I'd- VIN/Book My Show/[protected]/0.The book my show failed to generate the tickets.On my asking they put blaim on Icici bank server, but bank said that if there was a problem with bank server the transaction ID wouldn't have generated.Acc to bank the website of book my show refuse to accept the transaction, which sounds logical.It looks the website refused the ticket because it was under offer.Than why give such offer of 1+1 free and lured the customers into buying different bank card.book my show is just cheating customers by not honouring their own offers.My bank would refund the amount, but the enthusiasm with which I as a custome had planned to go for a movie using the facility available on my debit card was totally crashed my book my show.
          I would highly appreciate if book my show can to justice to the above problem.

I am kartik avhale i am paid amount 147 rs via freecharge for the show of boyz movie at inox reliance mall, aurangabad but the transection is failed i have no bookmyshow account i can't refund my money in my freecharge wallet plz refund my money
            Orderid:moband[protected]
            My detail : no - [protected]
            Email : [protected]@gmail.com

I got a call today from bookmyshow's so called escalation team which was unable to resolve my issue.

I am unable to access my bookmyshow account with email id [protected]@gmail.com as it is locked. Also i do not have access to this email address any more. Thus, i am unable to receive the forgot password reset link and they are unable to help me unblock my account.

I would like to access my bookmyshow account to change my mobile number in it so that i can proceed further with my transactions.

This is an utter nonsense and rubbish. Me being a long time customer of bookmyshow not getting any help whatsoever from them.

We regularly book our seats for watching movies through bookmyshow.com. But of late we are finding that when we try to book the platinum seats on weekdays afternoon show the app shows the seats are full but when we reach there there are hardly any occupants in the platinum rows and even in the entire hall. This has happened with us in the entertainment paradise and cinepolis in jaipur. I just want to know why the seats are blocked unnecessarily and cause inconvenience to the customer.
                Please cancel my 4 tickets of tomorrow 11.40 am show of cinepolis at Baroda in inorbit mall and refund back my amount to my aaccount. KAMLESH THAKER mobile number [protected]

Hi team,
                  I have booked tickets for the movie "bareily ki burfi" 8:15 show noida wave mall dated 25.08.2017. As you can see in the news channels it's red alert in noida, ghaziabad, haryana because of riots and we are afraid to go to this location. I stay in mayur vihar ph 1.in news it is displayed to avoid travelling to these locations. My request is to please refund the amount i have used for booking the tickets. It is a crisis situation and i am helpless. Please help me regarding the same.

Booking id: wlsmbjl
                  Number: [protected]
                  On 10th August i tried to add 250 rupees to my wallet, but transaction failled.I submited complaint at my bank, they replied that transaction was successful.They advice me to register a complaint at bookmyshow.

I booked movie tickets online by mistake for today intead of tomorrow. I immediately called support and they say no cancellation or refund allowed for it.

What the hell is this! They charge lot as internet handling fees, this that etc etc and dont even provide an option to cancel and refund?
                    It is really disgusting.! And really workst experience with bookmyshow!

/jyot
                    Sep 27, 2017
                    Aug 26, 2017
                    BookMyShow Customer Care's response

We certainly do understand the expectations of our valued and esteemed customers and we really strive hard to live up to their expectations.

We being aggregators, post the transaction is successful, have zero authority for the said transaction.

We did get this investigated with our technical team and as per the updates received, there was no error on our website/app and bookings were going through swiftly hence, we would be unable to refund the said transaction.

In cases like these, you could opt to gift those tickets to your friends or somebody who'd want to go for that show on your behalf.

Hope this resolves your concern.

Team BookMyShow

Please Note: Bookmyshow does not look for any bank details or card numbers from its customers. Request you to not share any confidential details to any anyone claiming to be BookMyShow representative.
                    Hi this is Prasanth kumar from vijayawada mymail id : [protected]@yahoo.com phn no: [protected] Offer msgs coming but In booking time Offer not valid nd not eligible cmg so PLZ find My issude
                    I booked my ticket on book my show but due to section 144 I preferred to take precautions and decided not to go. I want my money back as it is preferable to take some precautionary steps before some violent action comes into affect
                    Thank you.

II had booked on 25th by mistake

so please cancle my ticket i shall book on 26th
                    I'v booked tickets for a movie Friday night at Bangalore and the address link of the theatre was wrong and I missed the show.
                    I'v been directed to a wrong theatre.
                    I need pay back of my cash.

I have booked 2 tickets for valerian & the city of a 1000 planets 9:30 am show at Gopalan cinemas
                      Bannerghatta road, Bnglr for 02/08/2017 through book my show.Unfortunately only 4 people came for the show and the theatre ppl refused to run the show saying that distributers were not willing to do it. They have promised about refunding the cash by that day itself, but till now I didn't get refunded & they are not responding properly.
                      Booking ID: WCZ3ZTU
                      Sep 17, 2017
                      Hi Reshma,

We sincerely regret the level of discomfort you have faced while transacting with us.

The said transaction has been initiated from our end.

Ideally, the amount does hit the account within 5-7 working days or 10 working days in case of nationalized bank.

You may note down the reversal code 700373

Please quote the above-mentioned reference code to your bank and then cross check the same with your updated bank statement for the mentioned period and assist us with the screenshot of the statement in case of any discrepancies. ( on [protected]@bookmyshow.com )

Our sincere thanks for your time and consideration.

Aug 20, 2017
                      Rajesh Right's response
                      No this show payment return
                      I booked tickets of harry met sejal on bms. I wanted to book a show of saturday but due to some mistake i booked for friday.
                      I immedietly tried to cancel the ticket but it didnt allow me to.

Please help
                      BookMyShow Customer Care's response, Aug 14, 2017

Your view on the situation is very important to us.

We would love to assist you with your query and it is always our pleasure to provide you with exceptional customer service.

Unfortunately, when a booking is confirmed on our website, the seats are reserved at the cinema and are deemed sold.

Since online bookings are confirmed transactions, tickets once booked cannot be canceled, exchanged or refunded from our end.

Also, there is no provision wherein we can make any modification in show date, time, movie, seats etc which are already confirmed.

Keeping the cancellation norm in mind, it would have been an opportunity for customers to bring a smile on their dear one's face by gifting those tickets.

Assuring you of our best services at all times.

Team BookMyShow

Sir I request I to please provide offer codes.we are inconvenience with that . Please help us for movie code offer.w e installed our book my show app in other offers we cant to get proceed to get the above offer and any other tips offers. So kindly take my request and provide movie code offer.with my friends I am waiting eagerly.Thanku.
                      I have booked my tickets for movie Anabella in melody 4k Dolby atmos threatre .during payment I have done it through debit card ( rupay card) I have received OTP also.but amount has been debited from my account but tickets were not booked.i have done twice.i want my money back
                      I tried booking from my bank account and it showed failed attempts so i booked from my fathers account, that was successful. but later i recieved another message saying money has been taken from my account also. money has been taken from both the accounts for the same seats for the same show twice. i need my money back.

I would like to bring into your notice that, i have booked three tickets thru your portal for "jab harry meet sejal" dated 05/08/17 @ 930 pm show. I mistakenly booked this ticket instead for dated 06/08/17. I wanted to cancel the ticket, but u dont have option to cancel. Why? Why cant i cancel my ticket?? Is this your money or my money??? Its my wish to go any day i want.

Booking no - nf[protected]

Pathetic experience, i wont book tickets any more thru you guys. I will go to consumer court and all online portal to put this up.
                        Sep 20, 2017
                        BookMyShow Customer Care's response

As per the email conversation against the ticket id 4370672, we hope your query has been addressed.

Thank you for being our valuable customer .

Team BookMyShow

Did you check whether the Day is correct, May be you selected right Day n date & there is error from Book my show.

Simply click a screen shot n send to helpdesk

It happened with me.

Just in case you need any help call me @ [protected]
                        We 've got a movie ticket, but when we go to the theater, a different movie will be shot at the theater .We want to give us a refund of the amounts on me.

Ticket Confirmation Number- 418873/[protected],
                        Secret code -AWNIAOCR,
                        Booking Date-20/08

Last saturday i was booked couple of tickets, the payment method was credit card, bt i have cancelled the process, bt the money were charged wrongly, i have message from book show process failed, your payment will be refunded within a week till now i haven't been able to get my money, please take action immediately (Your transaction has failed. Please initiate a fresh booking.in case you were charged, the amount will be refunded to the source of the payment within 7 working days.
                          Transaction time:sat, 29 jul, 2017 12:05pm.
                          Seats: kings-g13, g12.)
                          Sep 26, 2017
                          BookMyShow Customer Care's response

We know this must have caused you trouble. Please accept our apologies for it.

Please share the contact details (contact number and email id) entered while transacting at [protected]@bookmyshow.com LIVE CHATS or at[protected] as we are unable to trace any details.

Looking forward to serve you soon.

Team BookMyShow

I have booked 2 tickets last friday through online for the film vikram vedha (Saturday... Morning show...11.00am) in la cinemas... But the amount for the tickets is taken two times.. When i do the booking process first time i received a message that the process is failed... Seats are not booked and money also not taken... So i tried again and booked the tickets... But after watching the film whn i check my account the amount is taken two times... That is instead of rupees 378 the amount have been taken is rupes 756.. I am very shocked to see that.. Actually thats not my mistake i have done the process in the right way but u have send a mesaage that the process is cancelled... Because id that the amount is taken double time.. So please refund the money
                            BookMyShow Customer Care's response

We are extremely sorry that this happened and would like some information about this incident to investigate the issue. Please do write to us at [protected]@bookmyshow.com and will surely address your concern.

Team BookMyShow

Iam chandra sekar as i booked 2 tickets for telugu film nakshatram for 1 pm show. Seat no e12 & e13.
                              Booking id. Tdca000m1e2fd3.
                              But they confirmed no show today...
                              Thirumala theater agara bangalore.

So pls refund my booking amount.

Mob.[protected]
                              [protected]@gmail.com..

Pls do refund my amount.

As i called customer care people they did not respond correctly wat to do.
                              Customer care no. [protected]..
                              Hi Chandru,

We've checked the details against the Booking id: TDCA000M1E2FD3 and would like to inform you that the refund for this has already been processed from our end on the 7th of August 2017.

The amount should reflect in your account within 5-7 working days or 10 working in case of a nationalized bank.

Team BookMyShow

I have been following with bookmyshow team since february 2017 for my refund on failed ticket bookings for sula fest. They asked me for my bank statements for 4 months (Which are confidential); still i gave them. Even after this they dont have any answer or reply by when they will refund. Everytime saying we have escalated your matter but cant assure you when will it be solved.

I think its time to sue them and get money aswell as a big compensation.

Ticket no: 3406123 & 4344042

I have booked one tickets for valerian and the city of a thousand planets (3d) (U/a) show date is 30th jul 2017, 14:35 pm at movietime, rajouri garden. But when i went there team told that shaw has been cancelled. They told that they have given the information to the book my show but i didn't get any information. Bookmyshow have to give me prior notification, i am really feel ashamed.

Refund my reedem coupan and money with internet fees to my account.

Team BookMyShow

I have booked 2 tickets for indu sarkar show date is 29th jul 2017, 10:00 am at cinepolis : binnypet mall, bangalore. But when i went there team told that shaw has been cancelled. They told that they have given the information to the book my show but i didn't get any information. Bookmyshow have to give me prior notification, i am really physically torches.
                                    Sep 11, 2017
                                    Jul 31, 2017
                                    Updated by astul123
                                    Book my show has told they will refund the amount. But what about physical problems that I have faced.