Dish TV - TruHD — Dish TV alters channels pack to extract more money from customers!

Vbbr
I have a DishTV Digital set top box(True HD+) with high def output capability over HDMI. I have been using this for over 6 months now. There have been small and medium sized issues with the set top box, but the customer service overall has been good so far. However, slowly I am seeing how greedy the company is. I had purchased a high def pack costing about 550p.m. for HD plus non HD channels. At the time of purchase, the sales agents told me this pack contains all the channels. Recently, the company has started changing its base pack without any intimation to the customer whatsoever. Since the main reason for going with this channel pack was HD channels and since this pack had all the HD channels, I went for this. Now the package has started changing and the company is asking customers to purchase add-on packs in order to get the same channels which were part of base package before. This is cheating! First there is no information given to the customers for change and then when we find this out on our own and call customer care people try to sell even more channels to me saying if you buy an add-on pack, we would give additional channels for free. The point is, the very same channels were part of the base package before.
Am I the only person having this issue or other people are also troubled with this ?

Comments

DishTV — Channels are changed to make more money from consumers

It has been observed that the intentions of DishTv is not to serve the consumers instead making more money. They are very claverly changing the sports channels from the subscribed package. Some time back Neo Sports/Cricket were staging the Indian Cricket matches and they removed these channels from Platinum pack. Then India went on to visit west indies then they remove the Ten Cricket from the platinum pack. Now India-England ODIs are goign to start and they have removed the Star Cricket, ESPN and Star Sports from the package. This way they making fool out of the consumers and forcing them to pay them extra to view the channels for which we already paid Rs. 350/- PM.
I don't know if my voice would reach to anyone and any action would be taken to regulate the functioning of DishTv to protect the consumer interest.
I don't believe that they strive to give best content to the consumers, look at the timings of switching off Ten Cricket from the Platinum Pack, as soon as india landed on West Indies soil, DishTv grab the opportunity to charge more and removed Ten Cricket from the pack, also as soon as the T-20 and ODIs were about to start on the ongoing IND tour of english soil, they removed ESS channels, Further CLT20 is coming in the month of sept and Barclays Premier League & Formula 1 Grand Prix of India, and in future IND tour of AUS. No wonder at the time of Home series against ENG, Neo Cricket would be moved out of the Platinum pack. Where do we see that they are giving best to their consumers? Do you think that we are paying to watch what they like us to? It is a shrewd tactic by DishTv to get more out of consumers pocket, nothing else.
I will give you the email id of Dish TV customer care, Just mail your concern on that email id or share your VC Number along with your complete details Like Contact Number and Address.

Email id: [email protected]

+91 12 0255 0000 [All Lines]
    +91 11 6001 3474 [Northern India]
    +91 44 6001 3474 [Southern India]
    FC-19, Sector-16A, Filmcity, Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India - 201301
    Dish TV - TruHD - Dish TV alters channels pack to extract more money from customers!