[Resolved]  Indian Railway — Miss management at AC coaches

In all the pantry cars of Indian railway pantry car ,they are nit providing biscuit with tea.The qulity of food is aldo extremely bad.
Aug 13, 2020

Comments

SIR I S.VIJAYAKUMAR PHYSICALLY HANDICAPPED I BOOKED THE TICKET FROM DAUND TO CHENNAI BY 1041 MUMBAI CHENNAI EXP VIDE MY PNT NO[protected] TICKET NO 48846804 AT THE TIME OF BOOKING MY STATUS WAS RLWL/75 76 AND CHARTED THE STATUS WAS 63 64 I BOARDED THE TRAIN AT DAUND AND I APPROACH THE TTR THEY SAID WE WILL SEE AND THE TRAIN REACH KURDWADI JN THEY SAID NO VACANCY YOU CAN TRAVEL BY GENERAL COACH I ASK THE TTR YOU WRITE IT AND CANCELL THE TICKET HE SAYS THAT YOU CAN GO TO DAUND JN HOW IT IS POSSIBLE IN THE NIGHT AND THEN I TRAVEL TO DISABLE COACH IN THAT COACH FOUR PASSENGERS ARE TRAVELLING I ASK THIS IS DISABLE COACHTHEY SAYS WE PAID THE TTR RS 500/- AND GET IT IN BEAUTY THEY SAYS THIS IS S 11 COACH AFTER TRAIN REACH SOLAPUR THE FOUR TTRS ARE ENTERED AND ONE RPF ALSO THEY SAID THIS IS ONLY S 11 AND THEY MENTIONED IN THE OTHER PASSENGER TICKET IS S 11 WIDE PNR NO[protected] TICKET NO 50587286 THEY TTR SAID IF YOU WANT YOU CAN ADJUST AND TRAVEL OTHERWISE YOU CAN GET DOWN FROM THE TRAIN HOW IS POSSIBLE DISABLE COACH INTO S 11 AND THERE IS NO NAME BOARD IN THE COAT IS WEARING THE COAT I REQUEST TO TAKE NECESSARY ACTION AGANST THEM AND WHAT ABOUT MY REFUND I FULLY PAID OF RS 254 / AND I TRAVEL IN TO GENERAL COACH I REQUEST YOU TO REPLY AND NO SUCH OTHER INCIDENT WILL NOT HAPPEND ANY TIME

THANKING YOU
S.VIJAYAKUMAR [protected] [protected]

I also had a similar experience on 21st November, 2008 in 1013 LTT-Coimbatore Express having PNR No.[protected] in Disabled Coach, marked as S-12 (SEAT/BERTH Nos.1, 2, 3, & 4 - allotted to me, husband and two children).

Even the Guard who was in the next coach was not aware of this arrangement of Railways and the Guard threatened us with penalty clause at Raichur Station. Initially the Guard was not prepared to listen to us and kept on insisting us to open the door. Only after our repeated explanations, he came down and instigated the public to go for a complaint with Railway Authorities.

We had a very bad experience and tension full atmosphere through out the journey.

To avoid this confusion, the Railway Authorities should stop allotting the reservations in Disabled Coach and keep the entire coach meant for Disabled only.

Indian Railway — inconvenience in A/c coach

I with other 3 people travelled from Ernakulam to Rajkot by Train No. 6338 Ernakulam Okha Express on 21st Nov 2008 vide Ticket no. 90712267 PNR nO.[protected] . The distanc eto be covered by me in this journey eas 2304 kms. I travelled by AC coach B1 seat Nos 5, 6, 8 and 9. I paid Rs 5689/- for four tickets. In order to accomodate more people instead of increasinf one more coach, and additional side berth is increases for sleeping and for seating that extra person is to be accomodated in one of the seat where three passengers are supposed to seat. No extra place for luggage too.Inspite of paying more amt to travel comfortably in the long route we had to face lots of inconveniece during the journey and it became a tiring journey. Pl Instead of this adjustments can, t you please increase and extra coach for ac and ac and also if possible 1st AC.
i was travelling on28 nov08 in chennai rajdhani B6 coach the attitudes and response of the catering staff was very bad moreover the laundary staff sudir was demanding money frm public and speaking in threatining language these type of incidents must be avoided kindly look into this matter
To,

The Railway Minister,
Rail Bhawan, New Delhi

Subject: Complaint against our ailment and problem faced during travel in rajdhani express Train no. 2422 dated 8th december 2008 from new delhi to bhubaneswar

Respected Sir,

With due respect we passengers of rajdhani express train no 2422, want to bring in to your kind attention about the problem we faced during the journey from new delhi to bhubaneswar on 08/12/2008 by train no. 2422 rajdhani express. Following trouble we faced in 3rd AC Coach No. B-2

1. No facility of Meals (Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch) nothing served in time. Even did not get any tea .
2. Toilets were so dirty and impossible to use . photograph taken but there is no provision for attaching here.
3. A.C was not working in our coach and no person was available to whom we can complain .
4. guard told he wont give the complaint book.
5. No person for housekeeping .
6. No security arrangement like security guard .
7. ac attendant mr. ravi mishra denied that he does not have any complaint book . also he said the train does not have one.
8. pantry car manager mr. vijay choudhury did not take and heed to our request to supply us drinking water forget about food.
9. we were given the dinner at 11:30 in the night.

sir, in a premier train like rajdhani passengers do not expect this kind of service as we pay more fare than any other train. if this kind of service continues the passengers will loose trust on rajdhani. as for our knowledge you are so far the best railway minister india has ever produced, as you listen to the passenger's greviances so we request you to kindly take action. and will gain faith on you.

We request you to kindly pay attention on our complaint and take necessary action so that passenger would not face these problems in future

Your’s truly PNR No
tejas tamobhid patnaik [protected]
Tejeswar Parida [protected]
sanjay [protected]

we are travelling on train no. 8507 from jharsuguda to amritsar in 3tire ac compartrment. i would like to complain about the very dirty condition on the coach. i also had photos but don't know how to post it. please look into this matter, as when i complained the attendant he refused to do any thing and also said we are not concerned about it. even the T.T also was not concerned about the matter. after jhansi there was no cleaning work... and we found them playing card instead of helping us. plese contact us us for the photo graphs of the same.. our ticket no. in[protected]PNR).[protected].

Indian Railways — charged for a.c. travelling but no a.c. provided

I booked a.c. chair car in Himlayan Queen on 5th Dec, 2008 for me and friend ( Vandana Sharma age 46 female and Sandeep Sangar age 43 Male and paid rs. 592 ). The PNR No. was [protected], as A.C. Coach was out of order for last 4-5 days, even then indian railways continued to made the reservations for a.c., and on the date of travel, we were given reservation in second class only in M086

& we reached station well in time, we could have made the cancellation and arrange for alternatives.

Kindly refund the extra amount in account no. [protected]
with Bank Of India, Sector 17, Chandigarh
An early response in the matter will be appreciated.

contact details

Indian Railway — inproper management

I travelled from changanacherry to trivandrum(kerala state) on venad express on 19 dec 2008 7 PM with my aged mum. While we were waiting for train to trivandrum in changanacherry, the platform where the train plans to arrive was specified in display board as platform2 and i also confirmed with station manager. we crossed the bridge and reached platform2. Just before 5 minutes of arrival of train, they announced that its platform1. Since my mother is aged, it was very difficult for us to climb the bridge and reach platform1 for the train. It wold be good if these are managed properly to avoid discomfort to passengers.
To
The Relavant Officer,
Indian Railway Department,
Rail Bhawan,
New Delhi.

With due respect we all MST holders of Jhanshi/Orai/Pukhrayan/Kalpi, Citizen of India, want to bring in to your kind attention about the problem we are facing daily during travelling.

Train No.1109 DN Intercity Express running between Jhanshi to Lucknow daily is running mostly for the purpose of daily passengers of Jhanshi/ Orai/ Pukhrayan/Kalpi Etc the arrival of this train at Kanpur is 10:20 Am but since two month it is being delayed by 1 hrs to 2 hrs daily and it arrived at Kanpur at 11:30 to 12:00 when office timing is 10am to 10:30 am. We all daily passengers could not reach in our offices & other work within time due to late arrival of train at Kanpur. The position o[censored]s is very critical.And the same position of Train No.1110 UP Intercity Express from Lucknow to Jhansi is also being faced.

If you read this complaint so please it the request o[censored]s to kindly look in to the matter & solve the problems from late arrival to right arrival of this train so that the all daily passengers may reach their offices & others in time.

All MST Holders

Indian Railway E Ticket — cancellation of ticket

iam nitin soni age 23 years boocked an e ticket on 20/12/2008 with pnr no.[protected] with transaction id [protected] got an confirmed reservation in sleeper coach s5/39 and the journey is from habibganj to jabalpur in train no.1471/bpl jabalpur exp and i want to cacell this ticket so please cancell it and refund my amount which is required
Sir i m a citizen of india i m travelling in train janta exp. Firozpur to mumbai & i have reservation in this train but the pepole with local tickets travelling in the coach TTE is in the train but he not do his duty there is no rpf in the train if is this facility is provided by you than why you you charge for slleper if you not giving passangers right thing sir i am writing this with lot oe hope plz sir do some thing thanks
This complaint is regarding the train not stoping in a station. i along with two of my friends travelled in Rupasi Bangla Express on 22/12/08. we had taken the ticket for Jhantipahari and in the ticket counter they gave the ticket printed on it Jhantipahari. They did not tell us that the train would not stop in that place. since it is printed on the ticket we took it for granted that the train would stop there. Meanwhile two women TTE also came and checked our tickets and they too did not tell us anything about that. finally we crossed the station that we were to get down. and the next station was after 25 minutes ( Adra Jn). when we got down at 11amin Adra and asked there for the next train to go to our place . It was at 2.15 pm. And there was no other transport to go to our place ecept train. and because of this we missed an important programme. what is your response to this. we will wait for your reply.
भारतीय रेलवे च्या
प्रिय ग्राहकांनो;
माझ्या वृद्ध पित्याला आलेला अतिशय बेजवबदरपनाचा अनुभव आपल्याला सांगतो
maze vadil dinank 26 dec 2008 roji mumbai CST station varun Tiruanantpuram la Kanyakumari Express ne (Railway no.6381)
jat astana, ek sadgruhastha tyana aplya asanawarun uthanyachi vinanti karu lagale; mazya vadilani mazyashi sampark sadhala asta me mahitisathi bhartiya railway chya "http://www.indianrail.gov.in/pnr_stat.html"
ya website war baghitale asta tyanchye reservation aslelya seat war tya sadgruhasthanche sudhha reservation hote;
"Ekhadya seat che don vyaktyinna reservation fakta Indian Railway madhech Hou shakate " Ani ha bejawabdar pana te satat nirantar chalu thevtat, mala anekanni sangitale ki koni tuzi dad ya vishayavar nyayalayat aiknar nahi karan ase anubhav pratek 10 mansanpaiki ekala nehami yetoch;
yavarun maze saglyana hech sangane ahe ki Bhartiya Railway Ek Bejawabdar panache Jwalant Udaharan ahe karan Asa prasang alyawar ekhadya mhatarya mansala kay samasyana samore jave lagte he tyache tyala thauk;
Krupa karun ha maza anubhav vicharat ghya ani Bhartiy railway ne jatana 10 wela vichar kara;
ati avashyak asalya shiway Bhartiy railwayne prawas karuch naka karan yapramanech anek gairsoyinni ani bhrashtacharanni bhartiy railway pokhrun nighali ahe;
shewati ekach ki bhartiya Railway Hi bharat Sarkarch Upkram aslyachi Pratyek Bhartiyala Laj watte...
Jay hind -jay bharat-jay maharashtra

I have to travel from Mumbai (Bandra)(BDTS) to Hanumangarh Jn.(HMH) (Rajasthan) in single journey. so I filled a single form for the same which is as follows;

1. Train No - 2480, Suryanagri Express on Jan 4, 2009, SL, BDTS to JU and for onward journey, train no 4888, Badmer Kalka Express, SL, JU to HMH on Jan 5, 2009, for 2 berths (One for senior citizen).

2. Reservation ticket was booked from Churchgate (Mumbai) booking counter. PNR No of tickets are as follows
a) From BDTS to JU[protected]
b) From JU to HMH[protected]

3. Against my single journey request, two separate and independent tickets were issued (PNR no mentioned in point no 2) causing me loss of benefit of telescopic fare as well as double reservation charges in addition to inconvenience.

4. Reservation tickets do not bear passenger's name.

Since we have to travel in a single journey, fare should have been charged giving telescopic fare benefit and without double reservation charges.

You are requested to look into the matter and arrange to reinstate the financial losses borne by me.

Thanks in advance in hope on an early response.

Er. Inder Prakash Gupta
To
The Railway Minister,
Rail Bhavan, New Delhi

Sir/ Madam,
Subject- Problem faced on the Trivandrum - Howrah Shalimar express Train no. 6323 dated 27/11/08 from Trivandrum central to Howrah.

I was travelling in the Trivandrum- Howrah Shalimar express on the 27th of Dec 2008 in coach no. S9 seat no. 62. According to the ticket my seat was an upper berth (as per my preference, as I had booked the ticket early), but due to the latest modification of introducing one more seat in each cabin, my seat changed to side middle. On asking the TTE why the seats were not changed as per the ticket, the TTE's tart reply was that, it was being published everyday in the newspapers about the change and those who didn't like it could very well cancel their tickets and get it refunded. My question is, why is the Indian railways, showing false pretences of caring about the passengers preferences by asking for it in the reservation form, when they finally throw something on our faces and ask us to take it or leave it? As the ones who did the reservations earlier than many aren't we entitled to have the privilege of getting our preferences? Shouldn’t the railways make alternate arrangements about the matter?
All the Indian Railways is now doing is looking for more profit, whether it inconveniences the passenger or not is of no concern to them. The 9 seated cabins are so uncomfortable to travel, with not enough space to sit or lie down. The height of the side upper is so short that we have to somehow get crammed into the little space available.
Hence, I request that some consideration be given to the problem faced by the passengers instead of just throwing something onto their faces and expecting them to grin and bear it.

Yours truly,
Dr. Rose Mary
PNR no.[protected]
Vishakapatnam.
i want to cancell my ticket
TO
RESPECTED SIR
LALLU PARSAD YADAV JI
WITH DUE RESPECT I WOULD LIKE TO REQUEST U THAT I MISTER BALDEV NARULA R BOOKED 3 SAETS IN 3 AC FROM BAREILLY JUNTION FOR KANPUR CENTRAL TO BAREILLY JUNCTION . TRAIN NO: WAS 2469 ND PNR NO: WAS[protected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protected]
on 3-1-2009. I was to travil by train (no 8477) From bilaspur to Katni station, At Bilaspur station i ask one TTE for a birth he says there no birth but he panelise me with rs 313/- vide there receipt no 423164
I beg to complain while i was on the platform of the bilaspur why he issued the receipt and i was also compiled to travel on journal compartment. more ever it is clearly letdown in railway ruling that if a parson by mistake travel in a higher class he should be given a chance to get down from the compartment on the same station or next stoppage of the train
The TTE who charge me was not wearing the batch showing his name
I request you to plase loock in to the matter and arrang to refund the money charge from me
I was trawling on railway ticket no 79083533 purchase from bilaspur station
yours
Vashu Dulhani
Hare Madhav chock
Madhav nagar
Katni (M.P.)
Mo [protected]

Indian Railways — unscheduled halts

On 04.01.09, the Train No.5630 reached Vijayawada at 13.55 hours, an hour and a half behind schedule and left at 14.15 hrs. The train was stopped at Ulavapadu to allow Train No.2078 to pass. Again the train was detained before Nellore and Gudur many times and the train took one hour from Nellore to Gudur when average running time is half an hour. The Train crossed Gummudipoondi around 20.30 hrs. A suburban Train takes around 50 minutes from Gummdidpoondi to Chennai Central. But the Express train took 1 hour 45 minutes to reach Egmore! The Train stopped at local stations like Korrukkupet, washermanpet, Royapuram, Fort inspite of the fact that this is the only train passing on the line at that time. The passengers of this Expres Train were in Train for almost 80 hours (from Guawhati), but the railway officials least concerened about the condition of the passengers. Under the pretext that 2078 is a superfast train, it was allowed to overtake eventhough the train's running time was just 6 and 1/2 hours. The said 2078 train stops at every station, whereas 5630 had stop at Ongole and Nellore alone. Had they allowed the train to pass it would not have delayed 2078 at all.

Since the date, some of the trains are shifted to Egmore, there is thorough mismanagement. Due to inefficient Station masters and Signal supervisors, no Train is allowed to reach the station on time. It is surprising how an express train is stopped at Royapuram. Fort like local station etc., ! Of course delay is the fate of even the so called super fast trains. But the fact is the delay is not mainly due to traffic, but due to mismanagement and inefficient railway officials. It is high time, the Railway minister may review the efficiency of these officials and post efficient officials at important stations and help the passengers to reach the destination on time.
Sir
I was having my confirmed reservation(S-2, 14) on 6-1-2009 by train no 4311 from ajmer to ahmedabad. The train on that day was 4-5 hrs late.
At 11 pm Ashram express(2916) arrived at Ajmer railway station.
I went and requested the TTE of coach no S-9, I was told by the TTe to buy an ordinary ticket but Rs 300/- will be charged extra . I refused to pay him.
Then I went to coach B-2(3rd AC) but he also demanded Rs 700/-

SO, SIR TAKE NECESSARY ACTION AGAINST THE TTE, so that passengersare not harassed .

Indian Railways